Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction [NJO + Jedi] A New Journey

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn didn't have the time to switch his weight to the other foot, his left was in mid-flight when Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau dropped down below his line of sight, and he soon felt his right leg buckle at the knee by a strike of true force. He fell backwards, stomach-lurching and soon hitting the ground flat with a dull thud, instantly knocking the breath from his lungs.

It was the perfect counter and the fact that she'd taken advantage of his back being turned, the time that it took to perform a spinning kick, had given her ample opportunity to take advantage providing that she'd had the foresight and initiative to take it. She didn't disappoint, yet Caedyn didn't have the time to think about it as the Force surged around him, alerting him to another imminent attack.

The Jedi Knight's gaze was drawn down to see Ariana moving to dive towards him and instinct kicked in quickly. He brought his knees up towards his chest and as she landed, his feet caught her, momentum driving him into a backwards roll, forcing his legs to stretch outright with strength enough to carry her bodyweight and send the Padawan airborne once more.

Already in motion, he continued to roll back until the toes of his boots found the floor once again, his hands pushing himself back up to his feet, swivelling upon his heels to turn back in the direction she had been repelled. Once again, both hands raised, left forward and right back closer to his chin with fingers outstretched and prepared for the next round, his eyes searching Ariana to assess her recovery and response.

Ara looked a little guilty over the Mirialan's teasing, looking back to Iris as she sat on the ground. "Probably was tired before we squared off. She's a way better fighter than me." She commented, looking back at the Mirialan. "Name's Ara Sheridan, by the way. Don't think I've met you yet." She introduced herself with a hand extended to the Knight.

She went on to usher another guy towards her for a fight. A smile formed as she studied the guy. "Aight, bet. Can you, uh... keep an eye on the fight? I'd love to know what's wrong or not." She asked the Knight, walking with the kid to a training mat. "Nah, duel didn't do much, still got a lot in the tank. I'm used to way more intense situations. By the way, how's everyone knowing my name? I can't be that popular, right." She chuckled, unclipping her lightsaber as she tossed her cloak aside. The matter of introducing herself flew over her head completely as she stood across the dude. "Okay, so you gonna give me your name before or after I knock you down?" With a daring grin she ignited her lightsaber and assumed her classic padawan stance, waiting for him to do the same.

The notion of trying to overpower him was definitely not going to work, no matter how strong she thought she was. With a deep breath, she focused on herself and him, trying her best to draw the Force through herself. She launched at him, using her same tactics as before to deliver hard strikes and thrusts, coupled with simple blocks and parries. Utilitarian, but it got the job done. With another thrust at his chest, she pulled back in a feint to swing at his neck, continuing to push forward and put the pressure on him.

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Amani Serys Amani Serys

Corin had no intentions to ask the rest what each of them wanted. Suffer for the most basic meal one could muster, the Padawan decided. His few and distant memories reminded him of said basics; what was scattered over the base, cheese was a fine start. Then some meats. Sounded accurated as he recounted in his head. It would do.

"So what do we even have for me to throw on this?" He asked while he shredded cheese.

Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Kai Bamarri Kai Bamarri

Fiyak

F
Fiyak peered around the training hall with an anxious gaze, not knowing where to insert himself in the activity or who to seek to approach to talk to. The Wookiee was tall compared to the rest of his peers of the same or similar age group, yet his confidence wasn't nearly so considerable. A low grumble bellowed up from his throat, a soft growl of discomfort, not a sound of aggression but one of anxiety, finished with another huff of hot air.

The scene of pairs who seemed to be fighting one another took the young Wookiees' attention and being something that he could spectate without the feeling that he'd be interrupting or imposing on anyone's personal space, the hulking woodland male moved down the outskirts of the training mats, following the rooms natural carpet as he looked to those engaging each other.

Some of them trained with lightsabers, of which Fiyak still held his training variant from the Order of the Silver Jedi, yet had not experienced much learning. He felt less capable and assumed he'd make a fool of himself than those putting on quite the show. Not the best idea for first impressions that he'd wish the others to receive of him.

That said, his people were skilled hunters and warriors of other sorts of weapons. They were strong and hardy and lived without many of the great technologies that the Jedi Temple provided. His hands reached up to take hold of the leather holster strapped from his right shoulder, buckled at the midsection of his chest and wrapped around either side. It held his lightsaber hilt, personal communications link, and datapad. Everything he might need while learning from the Jedi of Coruscant. His stance was one taken out of personal comfort. However, his body language suggests that he might be on his guard or that of a very introverted nature.

"Good, I'd hate to face an opponent who wasn't at their best," he remarked as they both walked to the mats "Your name? I didn't know it until you told miss Amani Serys Amani Serys just a second ago" Silas said with a slight smile, curious himself why everyone seemed to know her name other than him. Standing across from her, he lowered his training lightsaber to his side and put his right leg back. Silas was going to let her fall into his game at first, and strike when she least expected it.

"We'll leave the introductions till after shall we?" he said back to his opponent, waiting patiently for Ara to strike first. Silas didn't have to wait long until she moved forwards to deliver some hard strikes and thrusts. Instead of using his saber, the teen weaved and dodged the strikes that flew at him at speed. He'd take a few steps back before suddenly jumping to the left or right to avoid doing off the mat, keeping a close eye for any mistakes she didn't know happened.

Towards the end of her aggression, she sent a final thrust toward his chest. Silas swiftly leaned back and suddenly leaned forwards at the same time she pulled back, giving him time to spot her feint and swing towards his neck. Breathing heavier he ducked under the swing and rolled to her left, swinging his left leg at hers to try and send her tumbling back first to the floor. Instead of pressing the attack if she fell, he jumped back up to his feet and took a few steps back to gain some space. Rolling his shoulders lightly, he wiped some sweat from his temple.

"Warmed up now?"

Knooks

K
Knooks had not been recently afforded the opportunity to come back to the Jedi temple now that its reconstruction had been completed. After the Maw’s attack he was advised not to return until things were back in working order. He had been out for sometime traveling in the outerim around where the now late CIS was in the southern reaches of the galaxy. Collecting and researching a lot of astronomical data and as well as aiding in fleshing out far reaching parts of the Corellian Run hyperspace lane.

Not wanting to lose or risk his physical data he’d spent his more recent time among the Jedi of the corellian enclave until today. The Gand consular stood within the great library in the temple with one of the various Librarians. Unpacking and organizing his large duffle bag. Knooks himself was glad that his long expedition was coming to an end. Even he got tired charting stars and astro-anomalies for days on end. Even though his contribution was basically a drip added to the ocean of archival data and knowledge in the Jedi Temple Library he was still glad to be adding to it in his somewhat unique way for generations after. Maybe one day a cautious Jedi pilot will get some use out of navigating an asteroid belt he help chart.

After getting his stuff sorted out Knooks headed out from the library and into the more expansive parts of the temple’s massive ziggurat.

Um9wLtZ.png
Area: Training Hall
Outfit: XXX

"You're welcome!" Addy responded to the young Zeltron with an affirmative nod. "It's really nice to meet you too, Ich... Daisy," she said correcting herself and flashing a lopsided grin afterward.

As each continued to do various stretches, the brunette listened to her new acquaintance thoughtfully. The two padawans did have a few things in common... one being that neither liked to be late. All in all, that was a good mindset to have. Time could be everything and being one minute too soon or too late could be life or death. But in this case, they were just plain tardy and maybe missed out on getting the prime sparring partner to impress the Knights and Masters observing. To the Taanabian, if it was meant to be a match, it was meant to be. The Force worked in mysterious ways. Well, that is what her father always told her.

"I know what you mean. My parents were always on me, well my mom more so than my dad, to arrive at least five minutes before expected and to be ready to go on the dot," Addy chuckled softly, thanking the Force she wasn't as OCD as her mother.

Now Addison stood up and started to stretch out her upper body when a young Wookiee walked by. She flashed Fiyak a quick smile though he'd strolled past probably too fast to see it. Seeing the walking carpet reminded her of the time she spent as a youngling at Silver Rest. Those were relatively good times for the Porte family.

"I've not been to Atrisia. I would like to someday though. I hear it is endearing. Is your father a Jedi then? My mom and dad both are... and so is my brother, who's my twin. In fact, I've, we've lived or trained at four different temples or enclaves over the years. I guess that makes me a Jedi brat, huh?" she shrugged. "Yeah, Coruscant is a bit too much city for me too."

With that shared, the padawan unclipped her lightsaber from where it attached to the utility belt, then stepped back and ignited the amethyst-colored blade with a snap-hiss. After taking a couple of practice swings, she deactivated it.

"Would you care to spar or should we just walk around to see what everyone else is up to?"

Last edited:
“Amani Serys," She smiled, and accepted the zabrak’s proffered hand in greeting. Her request for observation actually took Amani by surprise, but she was glad to accept, “Sure. You’ll probably get better advice from Val, but, I don’t see why you can’t get two perspectives.”

She snorted as the padawans returned to their training mat, now finding some amusement in Silas’ insistence on calling her ‘miss’. Amani leaned towards Valery, “He didn’t learn those manners from you, did he?” The politeness was endearing, in a way.

She did her best to keep focus on the fight, which began rather quickly. And already, they both seemed eager to show off.

What took her by surprise was his lack of lightsaber usage in his defence, quickly bobbing and weaving around her blade as she struck out at him. This was probably not going to be a fun fight. He was light on his feet, quickly backing out of the corners she tried to force him in. He called her bluff with her final thrust, ducking low to roll away and sweep her legs out from under her.

Instead, she stood firm, taking the kick to the leg with a pained wince and instead swinging down at him as he tried to make space between them. Ara let the pause in the fight linger a little as she wiggled her leg and smirked at him. "Sweatin' already? Thought you'd be a lot more fit than that?" She quipped with a snicker as she twirled her lightsaber and grasped it with both hands again.

Once again she closed the distance, striking at him with precision strikes before lunging forward with miraculous speed to try and land a hard kick to his gut. But she didn't press nearly as aggressively, carefully watching him and his movements for some kind of surprise. It was always the fancy ones that got the better of her in a fight. The only difference was the lack of the Force and the inclusion of a wrench to knock them down. While it would be satisfying to knock him down too, she didn't want to risk the Masters chewing her out from left field. This wasn't Underworld anymore...

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Valery Noble Valery Noble Amani Serys Amani Serys

nhY3GI4.gif

Between Worlds - Tenno

Her dislike for tardiness hardly stemmed from the pressure of a parent. Rather, it was the code she lived by, that had been instilled in her by her father. It wasn't just the Jedi Code, but the matters of respect and politeness, just two facets of the tenets of bushido. To be on time respected the time of others, and to not do so was rude... so she felt chastised if it happened, with nary a word from another, and resolved to do better next time. That was the perfectionist. Silently, she listened to Addison give a little more about herself, more common threads weaving between them as they continued their stretches, with Daisy rising soon after Addy.

"Yes, my father is a Jedi," she replied; Minato was already middle-aged by the time he found her, and had scaled back his duties to care for her, "and I have an older half-brother, but he isn't force-sensitive."

Much more detail than that was too personal for someone she'd just met. The fact that she was adopted, that their shared birth parent had been a criminal... it was hard to tell what others might think when you didn't really know them. While finishing up her stretches, she watched Addy activate her lightsaber and perform a few flourishes. Calling her practise hilt to her, Daisy rolled her shoulders, and gave Addy a smile.

"I would be happy to spar," she had hardly done that with anyone other than her father and brother, and in the case of her brother, that had always been with an actual blade, such as the katana she left sitting alongside the mat. "My father started me with Shii-Cho when I was a child, alongside teaching me about the way of the blade that he learned from the time he was very young," she glanced down at the hilt in her hand, which was much older than her, "and I've only been learning Makashi for," she lifted her eyes to meet her newest acquaintance again, "a little over a month."

Much of the basic foundation had been laid for the second form, and it was up to her to continue to practise... but this was also her first time with someone whose moves she didn't know inside out. She began to move away from the mat to create more space, and put space between herself and the brunette.

"How about you?"

Last edited:
Silas slammed his leg into the woman's, but she managed to stand firm and slam a strike down towards him. Silas managed to just about roll away from the strike and stand back up "A duel, intense exercise? in my eyes that's hard work" he replied with a brief smirk, keeping his attention glued on her at all times. She was very much the aggressive type of Jedi, something which was seemingly perfect for him.

Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan came at him this time with clean, precision strikes. Silas gritted his teeth, moving in and out of his strikes as she continued to pile on the pressures. She was doing perfectly right now and offered no chance for him to strike, until one moment in time. Taking a few steps back from one of her strikes, Silas sees the starting movements of a leg kick. Within seconds she was going to shoot a powerful quick forwards into his midsection, a strike that would be sure to hurt. An idea came to mind, but he didn't know if it was going to work. Thankfully, training was prone to make a person go mad.

Instead of moving back, Silas suddenly lunged forwards himself and moved as close as possible to Ara just before her foot made contact. His lightsaber thrusted forwards at her chest while his body bent over her leg, spit flying from his mouth as the blow sent him back first to the mat. Silas coughed heavily in reflection and looked up to the fellow padawan, unknowing if his blow had made contact or not.

If it didn't, the duel would still be more than on.

To Ara's surprise, the guy didn't even try to dodge or block her. Whether he was too slow or outsmarted, she didn't know. But when his lightsaber came up as he folded over her foot, thoughts and planning flew out the window as training and instincts took hold. It was as if time slowed for the Zabrak, her lightsaber moving to push his thrust away and trap his blade as she pulled her leg back, only to move with fluent motion to close the distance between them.

Without breaking her motion to get past his blade and into his defenses, Ara swung at his jaw with a deceptively powerful haymaker before he could collapse back against the mat. With wide eyes she watched him before moving once again. But this time, she made full use of her smaller frame, with her typical jagged form and bar-brawl tactics topped off with quick side-steps, feints and low ducks, all in an attempt to overwhelm him and force him to engage. She kept the space tight, right at the sweet spot she was comfortable with. All of her training and experience drawn up and let loose on the padawan.

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

Ariana Du Couteau, Jedi Padawan
Action: Sparring Continues
Outfit (Minus the right arm)

JiGZUcY.png

She saw Caedyn crash onto the mat, and with the added adrenaline of landing the attack, Ariana dove to push her advantage. But something felt off, and not simply the increased pressure against her abdomen, she felt herself lose contact with the floor. Oh. The tuck maneuver was a smart one when fallen on his back, using his legs to keep Ariana away. But what she hadn’t expected was the sheer force of his legs driving her up and away. Somewhat in control, Ariana scrambled once she hit the floor again and readied herself for another charge attack.

Ariana breathed in deeply, sucking air with her teeth clenched, her concentration of the Force shifted from all three limbs and only directed into both of her legs. The snow-like embers emitting from her fist disappeared, sweat began to drip across her forehead. Maybe if this was the first match, and maybe she was more recovered from her injury, Ariana believed she could generate a Force shield and her convection flames.

She charged ahead, taking three steps to generate momentum and to add strength into her next attack. The strategy for this attack was simple, she couldn’t allow herself to get into a defensive situation, and thus her legs would have to carry the brunt. Ariana planted her right foot forward, and her left leg stretched back slightly as if ready to deliver a side-kick, but instead of her left foot swinging as her body twisted, she swung her left fist downward directly targeting Caedyn’s head.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau 's manifestation of the Force was most curious and all too intriguing. Caedyn wished to understand more about her ability to practice with such a visual showing, and to what capacity it would aid her in combat, yet here and now he would surely have to focus on keeping his guard. That could be a discussion they might share in the near future.

As the Padawan closed in on him, the Jedi Knight focused on reading the girl's body language. Her movements were swift and she appeared to be intent on taking him down once more, yet there was a deceptive tactic to her movements that Caedyn couldn't pinpoint. It was the Force that gave him a reason for doubt in those blinding few moments.

Uncertain of what to expect and with too few seconds to consider how best to respond, the Jedi Knight waited until the last moment before his feet quickly shifted, side-stepping to Ariana's right side whilst catching a glimpse of her left fist meeting nothing but air. The Padawan's movements were fast, strong and Caedyn felt the air brush against his face as he evaded her strike.

"Excellent tactic!" He exclaimed; His voice was strained, words brief as he focused on putting several more paces between them. Would she continue to follow on the attack, or would he be given a moment's reprieve to point out the dangers of being forced into grapples and ground-based submissions as he had almost instinctively sought only moments ago when she had tried to tackle him?

So far, Ariana was doing well to impress. There was less to advise on, compared to the initiative and method of her fighting style. It was safe to say that by the look of the smirk Caedyn wore, he was enjoying the sparring match so far. Remaining passive and on the defence.

Not only did he have a kick to his midsection, but a powerful fist into his jaw for his troubles. The blow snapped his face to the side on the way down and he lay unmoved for a few seconds. Silas groaned light and put a hand to his face, his vision blurry slightly from the force of the punch. Ara was getting more hits on him than he was comfortable with, anymore like that would surely knock him down for the count. A nasty bruise was beginning to form as he came to, glaring up at his opponent who was sure to make the most of it.

Silas scrambled to his feet, his breathing deep but surprisingly relaxed. The teen still knew he had a chance in this duel, he just needed one chance and he'd get the better of her. Ara wasn't going to make it easy as she came back at him, giving him barely any room to work. He weaved away from her strikes again, waiting for his moment to finally come at her. Then, just as she threw another strike, Silas did something unexpected. He finally used his saber.

He thrust his saber forwards and locked swords with the woman, stopping her movement for now as they stayed face to face. Without warning, Silas lifted his foot up and slammed it downwards into her knee to try and get her off balance. Soon after, he moved at her and slammed a strong strike to knock her saber to the right, using it to slam a left hook of his own into the woman's cheek. Silas grunted with determination riddled in his face, throwing back the same aggression to the woman who had mostly been attacking him all fight. This time, he was the one getting into her space. Lunging forwards he kept up the pressure and swung quickly at her abdomen and chest to try and break through her defenses.

Ara finally got what she wanted, as his blade finally started to move around and block her strikes as he continued to move around, though a hit came through that she wasn't expecting at all. Ara grimaced as he kicked at her knee, pain soaring through her leg as it went numb. With another strike, he broke her defences and landed a punch that knocked the girl to the ground.

But she wasn't out yet. Rolling her jaw, the infuriated girl spun around to block his strike while her good leg kicked out to smash her boot into his groin. "You hit like a squib." She grunted, forcing herself up with most of her weight on her good leg. She tried her best to push aside the anger and pain, drawing the Force through her. The rest was taken care of with sheer determination. She wasn't going to let some bright-eyed, fresh air-breathing schutta get the better of her.

She met his fire with her own, striking and blocking as the tension continued to build. This was no longer a sparring session, they both made it personal. And Ara was just about done with the upstart. With another swing, she moved in as she extinguished her lightsaber, immediately igniting it again to get past his defences and extend the blade directly to his chest. It would luckily not kill him, but the training mode would certainly knock him back like sturdy broomstick just underneath his ribcage.

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

Ariana Du Couteau, Jedi Padawan
Action: Sparring Continues
Outfit (Minus the right arm)

JiGZUcY.png

Ariana’s determined expression changed into one of bewilderment, her eyes widened as her left fist met with nothing except air. Her momentum continued forward but she had expected to connect with something. So instead of finding a body to stop herself Ariana tumbled forward, her overzealous attack forced her to meet smack first into the mat. Her legs immediately depowered from the Force as her concentration utterly snapped apart. Ariana scrambled but as she used all three limbs to stand, her body gave out from beneath her and she laid on the sparring mat.

Breathing deeply the young Du Couteau heir raised her left arm, holding up her thumb as agreement with Jedi Caedyn. She secretly wanted to give him a wallop on the head, but she figured after a few months of training and figuring out what to do with her missing arm; she can ask for a rematch down the line. After a few moments of taking deep breaths, Ariana stood back up, her legs wobbled but with another shaky moment she stood steady once again.

With a weary smile Ariana placed her left hand on the back of her head, “-Well, better I don’t over do it.” She hardly wanted to find herself confined to bed because of how sore her muscles had gotten.

“Thank you for the match Master Caedyn.”
Ariana added, she bowed once and headed back towards her bag.

Sitting on the bench she grabbed a water canister from her bag and took a large swig of it. The cooling and refreshing nature of water subsided the start of her approaching headache. She looked around the rest of the Training Room, other Padawans were taking part in the sparring session, and Ariana focused for a moment on a saber duel.

After a few moments Ariana turned back to see the other Masters, including Master Noble but a small girl waving her hand caught her attention. Ariana waved back with a large smile, and wondered who the girl was, but she appeared rather adorable. Maybe she’ll approach her to say hello, Ariana figured the woman that the girl was semi-hiding behind was her guardian.
But I’ll wait for her to finish her conversation with Master Noble, interrupting once is rude, a second time is simply uncouth and unbecoming of a Du Couteau heir.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn hadn't expected Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau to stop the fight, however as she did so, his shoulders dropped and his body language relaxed some more. "You're most welcome Padawan" Caedyn replied with a smile, soon to conclude the spar with a formal bow before making his way to the side of the room.

The Jedi Knight would find himself a place to sit nearby his peers while turning his attention to the ongoing matches of the other Students. He had worked up something of a sweat and the reprieve was a welcome one, a break to catch his breath and observe the others. There were no shortage of gifted combatants among the New Jedi Order it seemed, all of which looked comfortable with their use of the Lightsaber or chosen form.

How many of these students had been forced to use their skills out in the field? The thought crossed him as he watched in silence, and pondered on the notion of having to accompany another out into the field of battle as he had in the past with his first Apprentice.

Silas's strikes hit true on the woman's body, the last even knocking her to the floor. Taking advantage of the situation he swung downwards while he had the chance, but just before he could swing another a kick slammed into his groin "Ugh!" Silas yelled out, stumbling backward on weakened legs. He immediately began to feel sick from the cheap shot, and the fact she was right back on him didn't give him any favors

"That was fething cheap..." he gasped out with obvious discomfort his lips looking frustrated with how far his opponent was going with this. If she was going to take the gloves off, so was he. She had now turned the spar totally on its head into a more personal dispute, and with that Silas wasn't afraid to take things up a notch with this aggressive padawan before him.

The pain in his lower body made it harder to move than before. Even so, he was more determined than ever to knock Ara back down on her ass. Moving forth he swung and attacked for a second time, each strike seemingly getting harder as he edged forwards. The treatment was fired back to Silas who painfully had to block with his lightsaber now. They were seemingly reaching the climax as Silas swung at the same time as the woman, but she was soon to surprise him.

Her lightsaber went past the swing and went behind his defense rapidly aiming for his midsection. On the other hand, the boy had followed the swing through and slammed it straight down towards her shoulder. Gasping out, the teen lurched forward and fell to his back, an arm draped across his lower body. Silas breathed heavily and groaned, looking straight up to the aggressive padawan with fire in his eyes "What was that all about?!" he yelled up to her in a cold voice.

Through the aches and pains, Silas got back up with great effort and shoved her on the shoulder "You got a problem or something? that was meant to be a spar, not an uncivilized bar brawl!"

Her blade hit home, knocking the air out of him and sending him to the floor, but not before his blade came down and a jolt of pain shot through her shoulder. Ara grimaced as a hand came up, though she made sure not to let her guard down even as he rolled around on the floor. At least she could chalk it up to a win in her book, even if she was going to get chewed out for it.

He finally got back up as Ara extinguished her blade, giving her shoulder one last squeeze as she watched him with a scowl. The moment his hand shoved her shoulder, Ara slapped it away and squared up against him. "You wanna whine, go whine to your master, momma's boy. I'm here to learn to survive, not play tag with glorified rave sticks." She fired right back.

"And if you wanna come swingin' at me like some wife-beater, you better be able to take a hit. Now are you done or should I send you off the mat on a stretcher?" She continued, her thumb resting over the switch of her lightsaber. She spared a glance at the Jedi masters as the fire faded from her eyes. Sje wasn't going to hear the end of it...

She gave him one last look as her thumb moved off the switch. "Stop dancing around so much, your form sucks." With that she turned and walked off, letting out a long breath she didn't even realize she was holding.

/Exit thread

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Valery Noble Valery Noble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom