Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction [NJO + Jedi] A New Journey

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I won't."

Iris flashed one last smile before her expression turned to one of pure focus. Eyes narrowed, lips thinned to a frown. Studying, watching. Waiting. The first strike came from her opponent. A strong kick for.. Oh. The Padawan blinked as she slipped back, pulling her leg away from the strike in a small retreating shuffle. Right. Jedi didn't strike for lethal blows. She'd half expected a kick to take her head off.

She really needed to stay back from the front lines for a bit.

Whatever the aura was exactly around the limb, Iris pretty quickly figured it was lightsaber proof. Had to be, if the girl was going to just use her fists against a lightsaber wielding opponent. So she flicked the tip up, thrusting out for Ariana's chest if only to keep the other girl from closing in on the retreat.

Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau

"I'm sure none of these kids are interested in getting on your bad side."

Yeah, they better not.

Valery just flashed Amani a warm smile and turned her gaze to the Padawans. Two of her own were here to train, and while she had no doubt that they would handle this properly, she was still interested in seeing them spar with other students. As their Master, it was easy to fall into a pattern where she just watched them progress in her own training, but new sparring partners allowed them to be tested in ways they might not have been before. Whether they "won" or "lost" didn't matter — there was no winning or losing in training, only learning.

At the mention of bets and Bantha burgers though, she snapped out of her little trance and slowly turned her eyes to the others, narrowing them slightly before shaking her head with a smirk. That's also when she noticed a new presence - Korvan Toldreyn Korvan Toldreyn had joined the group of Knights and Masters and seemed to agree that pizza hut and Banta Burgers weren't the best for the younger students.

"Master Toldreyn," she said with a respectful dip of her head, "Nobody has gotten injured and they haven't broken anything yet, so all is well." She chuckled. Hopefully, those words could last throughout the rest of this training event, or she was going to get really busy together with her Mirialan friend.

Valery then looked forward again, watching the spar between Corin Trenor Corin Trenor and Arlo Renard Arlo Renard for a moment before another Padawan drew her attention. Kirie Kirie was moving through the halls with a younger girl, which got Valery to wonder. Perhaps it was her maternal side kicking in again, but she had a strong urge to see if she could help them somehow. Before she could, though, Caedyn was talking to them, and she decided it was best she'd make her approach later.

Be careful what you wish for.
“Act like a man of thought – Think like a man of action.” - Thomas Mann

No one was talking to him, they all had the proverbial “skin in the game” so naturally their Padawans were their conversation. All amongst themselves, so he made a face when none of them weren’t looking.

I didn’t want to talk to any of those meany-heads anyway.

It was of course just a mopey face, nothing serious, something to make himself laugh inwardly. The big man was just here to watch, and if someone wanted to talk to him that would be cool. In reality, the big man was paying more attention between the “main event” going on right now. Both Padawans either are, or were by the looks of them Padawans of Kaze.

So he leaned over towards him and whispered.

Progressing well, but one needs an “ego check” and the other needs “thicker skin.”

No judgment, just an observation.

TAG: | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Titi Rokari Titi Rokari | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Kirie Kirie | Caedyn Arenais | Kat Decoria Kat Decoria ||

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

“Yeah, yeah,” Amani resigned, “Be a lot nicer if I didn't have to, though,” Her gaze flipped systematically between all of the duels, but always settled back to Kai and Corin for a little longer. They jumped into their sparring much more fervently than the rest, and from what she could make out, there was a friction in the air between them. As she expected. But the Mirialan pursed her lips and maintained an optimistic outlook.

More still arrived, and it seemed most of the onlookers had steadily begun to congregate together. As frivolous as all the pizza talk seemed, it was a nice distraction from playing the part of the worrywart, “Even Jedi need a cheat day now and then,” She turned and grinned, splitting her attention between the duels and the other spectators. Amani wouldn’t admit it either, but for as much of a health nut as she was, trashy fast food was an occasional guilty pleasure, “Maybe instead of betting on child fighting, we can just treat them all to something afterwards.”

“Unless they break something. Then I’m gonna have to bring the hammer down. Or more accurately, Val will.”
She playfully punched the woman’s shoulder. Amani was just the clean-up crew. “But, so far, so good…” She echoed Dag’s sentiment as if confirming it.

Last edited:

It had been well over a decade since Dhalinar had stepped foot on the temple grounds of the Coruscant Temple. He had been planning a trip for some time but duties in the Corellian Sector had kept him busy and then...Well then the Maw had sacked the place. In a strange twist of fate he'd been one of the Jedi Masters asked to watch over the Temple during the last stages of reconstruction. Today though was a special treat. Jedi Masters and Knights gathered to watch the new generation of Padawans in an event designed to show their chops. Luckily, he had his own padawan already and she was proving to be a solid padawan with a good head on her shoulders.

She was on the younger side but that didn't seem to deter her. The excitement he felt from her in the Force was encouraging but he wondered if she would tackle someone too high above her weight class.

Two members of the council were here, Dagon and Valery, with Dagon barking orders at the padawans and Valery chatting up the other Masters and Knights. They made a good duo. Dagon took mostly after Master Karris, the previous Sword of the Jedi. He was martial, action oriented, and more than a little rash at times, but he knew what he was about and managed that confidence well. Valery was a Master of another age. She had knowledge and experience thought lost well before Luke Skywalker had flown his first X-Wing and she brought that knowledge and skill to the Order in ways nobody could have expected. The Jedi needed more like the two of them.

He nodded to himself before making his way over to the group of Knights and Masters.

"Anyone see anything promising?"

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
Maybe instead of betting on child fighting, we can just treat them all to something afterwards.”

"I agree with Doc." Aaran piped up, holding up a finger. "Most humanoid bonding rituals happen over shared meals." He spun his finger slightly. "Friends having lunch, family meals, candlelit dinners." He made a sweeping gesture to the various sparring Padawans.

"Let them cool off over a shared meal. Something that gets the dopamine flowing. Let them shake hands and laugh about this." One could call that approach manipulative. But to Aaran it was no different to offering a hug to someone who was distressed, the intentional invocation of primal instincts. Those who you shared your meals with and let your guard down around were allies.

It would go a long way to forging bonds that would be tested in the days to come.

He took back the previously offered coupons and put them back in his robes. To be used later for the potential shared meal. Just as planned, for it was clearly always his intent to reward each and every one of the Padawans for their efforts today.

Clearly, he is a master manipulator.

His gaze then flicked over to one of the fiercest ongoing bouts. "Corin is doing well." He observed, head tilting to the side. "But his balance needs work." He wasn't referring to their poise. But instead their internal balance. Even from here he could feel the cockiness, the confidence. And while faith in oneself was good to have, he was showing too much of it to Kai.

The other Padawan was not his enemy. There was little need for such bravado.

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard Corin Trenor Corin Trenor Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Valery Noble Valery Noble Amani Serys Amani Serys @otherguysjesuschristwhyaretheresomany?

Last edited:
Objective: Spar an older opponent
Tags: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Silas kept his stare on the opponent before him, grasping the training with a tight grip that showed him to be more than ready. Although, as he was about to open his mouth he heard the chatter of the masters behind him talking about bets. He seemed to hold what he was about to do for a few moments before hearing Starlin Rand Starlin Rand bet against him. Hearing him say that made him sigh, and with a slight roll of his eyes, he began to walk around Jasper confidently.

"Starlin... are you sure you want to do that?" he shouted over to the knight without even looking, not letting the boy have a strike while he was preoccupied. Another bet, which was way better than credits found its way into his ears. Pizza?! wow, he hadn't had such food in years. Since joining the order Valery Noble Valery Noble had placed him on a strict diet, even when he wasn't technically her student she still made sure he followed the rules. If he won the duel and made her look good, he'd more than deserve a once in a blue moon junk meal.

Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo seemed to know what was best for the padawan, one way or another he was going to get those coupons and grab himself a free pizza. Probably when Master Valery wasn't looking of course...

"Your name..." Silas asked the boy directly just before lunging forward to throw two or three quick strikes to the chest to draw him in, ones that were precise and effortless "I believe I've never seen you before"

Last edited:
Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Opponent: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

As Silas stood, Jasper prepared himself, assuming a fencing stance. He spread out his legs, his toes digging into the mat beneath his feet, tucking his tattooed left arm behind his back and pointing his training saber ahead of him at a slight downward tilt. In the distance, Jasper overheard Starlin Rand Starlin Rand and Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo making bets. He didn’t process any of it. What he did process was pizza. Now he had an additional goal.

"I belive i've never seen you before"

Silas was quick to act, sending a flurry of strikes towards his chest. They were precise, effortless even. But this wasn’t Jasper’s first duel. The young Jedi parried the incoming blows, his foot movements graceful and calculated. Anyone with dueling experience would recognize his use of Makashi.

“I’m not surprised,” Jasper responded, keeping up his fencing stance. “I haven’t been around here in a while.”

Only recently had Jasper come back to the temple. And even when Jasper was living amongst the Jedi, his interactions were short if at all. He was practically a stranger to this place now. That was going to change.

A grin spread across the boy’s face. He was in his element now. Jasper figured he’d let Silas go on the offensive for a bit longer to gauge what his opponent was capable of.

“Your move.”

Tides of Change

2NuQDmg.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble
At the Jedi temple on
CORUSCANT...

DPFKiwm.png

37rIcGL.png
It’d been years since Elias set foot on the Jedi temple grounds. His “voluntary” sabbatical from the Jedi Order was rescinded when the true power of the Brotherhood of the Maw was discovered, but Elias and his enclave declined to lend their aid. It was a decision he regretted from the moment it was made, and one he hoped to atone for by returning to Coruscant for the temple's reopening.

Elias smiled warmly as he watched scores of Padawans, Knights, and Masters from all over the galaxy explore the grounds. So many Younglings and Padawans never had the opportunity to see the grandeur and majesty of the Coruscant temple before the Maw attack; He was excited for them, and even eager himself to admire the reconstruction that had taken place since he left the Order. It was deeply healing to see the temple restored to the state it was in when he was young.

Standing nearby, among a group of fellow Masters and Knights, was Valery Noble Valery Noble . A friendly face in the sea of Jedi at the temple. Elias gingerly made his way to the gathering, offering a respectful bow to her and the others.

Master Noble, we meet again,” he said with a smile as he took a casual stance beside her.

He looked upon the marble stonework of the Temple, noting the sections that had been restored or even replaced altogether since the battle. It was impressive. Vast amounts of architecture completely rebuilt, as if the Mawites hadn’t attempted to demolish one of the most important Jedi structures in the Core.

Elias brought his eyes back to Valery, a curious glint in them. He was eager to learn of Cailen’s training.

How are you doing with the boy?” he asked, a smile spreading across his face.

Is he faring well?

Last edited:
For all his laser focus, Kai took too much pride in making Corin stumble, only to fall down himself at the leg sweep. Knocked on his back like an overturned beetle, he scrambled to his feet, face flushed with both exertion and embarrassment, only to find Corin waiting for him.

Kai engaged him in yet another clash of lightsabers, but by now he had given up on any illusions of civility. It was too easy to hate Corin, too natural to want to actually hurt him. The noxious mixture of jealousy and contempt stewing in Kai was beginning to boil over.

Their blades caught in a bind. Kai held it with gritted teeth, then suddenly lunged forward in an attempt to headbutt Corin.

Valery smirked when Amani punched her shoulder and nodded in agreement, "Mhmmm, but I think it'll be fine-" she paused and watched Arlo Renard Arlo Renard fall onto his back. That alone sparked no visible reaction from her, but to see him rise and feel the intensity of the spar go up so suddenly was cause for concern. It was likely that Amani picked up on it as well, so she just exchanged glances with the Mirialan and sighed.

There was a significant chance they'd need a talking to by the end of this.

The woman's fiery eyes then turned to Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar when he made his approach, and offered him a smile, "I may be a little biased, but I'm quite happy with my Padawans and how they're handling themselves," she said, eyeing Iris Arani Iris Arani and Silas Westgard Silas Westgard with a somewhat proud smile, as they continued their training with the other Padawans. At least they weren't trying to kill each other.

"One spar is getting a little heated, but I hope they will recognize it themselves... before one of us has to step in,"

Finally, she looked at Elias Edo Elias Edo when he made his approach, her smile showing she was pleasantly surprised to see him, "Master Edo, it has been a while." She dipped her head and turned her gaze back to the sparring Padawans while they talked. "Cailen is doing well and adjusting to everything that has happened. We've been able to start training properly, and soon, I plan to take him on his first assignment alongside me."

A smirk touched her lips, "Challenging, but better times are ahead, not just for us, but the Jedi as a whole."

Objective: Spar an older opponent
Tags: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

"No wonder, I trust you will be an honorable opponent considering its only practice," he said with a brief smile before shooting a glance at the disrespectful pair Arlo Renard Arlo Renard and Corin Trenor Corin Trenor who were treating it as if there was a score to settle between them "Ignore the big heads. I want your attention in its entirety, got it?" he urged the boy, his breath still calm and steady after those quick strikes to the chest.

Silas seemed to shrug at the padawan's demands to come at him once more, and in other words, he seemed more than happy to take the bait for now. The fact he wanted him to attack more meant a few things, but he wasn't going to ponder any longer to figure it out "As you wish, but don't come whining to me when I win that pizza" he taunted competitively before lunging back at the boy, this time going at him quite aggressively with more powerful strikes to suit his demands.

Three strikes went to his chest again, however, he hoped to test his reactions by shifting gear and going low. Rotating his body to the left, he swung the saber towards his legs and used the momentum to turn back fast and prepare himself for any possible attacks Jasper may throw at him.

Last edited:
Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

"Ignore the big heads. I want your attention in its entireity, got it?"

Jasper would have no trouble with this. He was already tuning out Arlo Renard Arlo Renard and Corin Trenor Corin Trenor 's duel. Kai he had met on Tython, but he wasn't to familiar with him as of yet. He seemed like a good guy, just a little vulnerable to his emotions. Corin was a different case. Jasper had never met the padawan in his life, but he could tell at a glance that he was a piece of work. No doubt, that duel would be... interesting. But, Jasper's focus was already invested in the duel. He wouldn't be looking away.

"I'm not lookin anywhere else," Jasper responded with a grin.

Three more strikes came towards his chest once more, this time lower then before. Having just broken his legs at Empress Teta, Jasper was far more perceptive of this part of his body then he had been before. These strikes were more aggressive, with real force behind them. Still, Jasper didn't waver. He held his footing, parrying the blows. As Silas swung, the momentum carrying him back to face him, Jasper decided to shake things up a bit. He directed the Padawan's blade downward with his last parry, using an Ataru-style jump to flip over his opponent. He didn't strike Silas in the back. He didn't want to. Instead, Jasper wanted to let him know without words that he knew a few things himself. The boy wanted to go up against what Silas was fully capable of. After all, Jasper didn't want this duel to be easy.

How would he improve otherwise?

A NEW JOURNEY
GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Tag: Open!​
Hollis had been staying at the Coruscant Temple pretty much since she arrived. The halls were nearing completion now, and it was thrilling to see the temple looking so much better. And it was also exciting to see so many Jedi present for the 're-opening.' There'd been quite a lot of talk amongst the padawans. With the presence of so many masters, there was a possibility of being taken as an apprentice. Of course, that meant the training areas were full today -- padawans trying to test their mettle.​
She'd watched the others preparing for their matches.​
Hollis could feel the anticipation. But why wasn't she out there too? Well, she'd dipped her toes into saber work, so to speak, but didn't quite feel ready. Besides, athletics had never been her strongest suit. Were she to embarrass herself in front of a bunch of padawans, knights, and masters... well, she didn't know if she'd ever recover. Instead, she decided to take a different approach.​
She held a musical instrument in her hands, and she smiled as she drew in a deep breath. Kyell Laysel had shown her how to play -- and he'd even given her a Mindharp to practice on. He'd called her a natural when it came to telepathy -- a compliment that she'd hung onto. Hollis focused on the general atmosphere and the vibrant presence here in the temple.​
She began to play.​

Caedyn Arenais

C
Mid-conversation with Kirie Kirie , Caedyn's gaze turned back towards the sparring floor, eyes searching for the source of tension between those competing; Arlo Renard Arlo Renard and Corin Trenor Corin Trenor were sparring together, and it appeared to Caedyn's senses and connection with the Force that the aforementioned young man had become a little too emotional. It was common practice for the Jedi to teach restraint and emotional intelligence, to know where the line was drawn; For Caedyn's experience with the Je'daii, this line could sometimes be blurred, but not something he'd allow for persons still young and influential. No doubt, one of the others would intervene if things progressed too far, for if Caedyn had sensed it, then certainly so had those with greater experience and training.

Among those training together, Caedyn looked to Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau and Iris Arani Iris Arani , who were sharing a bout. A martial artist practising against a Lightsaber-wielding opponent, it was something of an original take, perfect for the friendly competition of the Jedi Temple. Both young women seemed gifted, moving and working together well. Truthfully, Caedyn hadn't seen many martial arts techniques outside the Je'daii and his role in Stav Kesh. It was encouraging to see that these students would know how to handle themselves without using their lightsabers, if it ever came down to such a need.

Within the room much closer to the group of Jedi Knights and Masters, someone had started to play a melody causing Caedyn's gaze to divert away from the competition and to Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn , the sight encouraging him to smile in appreciation of the talent though unsure whether or not they were one of the students there or a young Knight. Her body language and doe-eyed look about her seemed to suggest the former. So Caedyn made a mental note to speak with her, along with a couple of the other hopeful candidates for apprenticeship.

Taken aback from the forceful collision that cracked across his nose, Corin stumbled with his feet and words. He seemed offended, almost, more confused than anything else. Thoughtless as to the provocation of his own words, the meaningless gestures that they were, or so he often believed them to be.

Fingers met the bridge of his nose, “What the…” He threatened to wind up a fist, an act that Corin became far too accustomed to, more so than any normal person would like. But the faint glimpse of the raven-haired Knight settled in his eyes as much as it had in his mind. That disapproving glare, the kind he told himself hardly mattered and he could become whoever he damn well pleased. But faced with even the thought of it allowed him to crumble.

What was that?” He asked plainly, a redness to his nose as his hand returned to the training saber. He didn’t move to strike again.

You don’t want to fight like that. Trust me.” Corin promised even as part of him pleaded for it, the chance to show off all he had become with his time on Denon. “Don’t let it happen again.

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard AndEveryoneElse

Ariana Du Couteau, Jedi Padawan
Action: Sparring Continues
Outfit (Minus the right arm)

JiGZUcY.png

Ariana blinked and had assumed her attack would have been blocked by the other’s saber. She had expected for her kick to find something to bounce off so instead it met nothing but air. She continued with the momentum and fell forward with her right foot, as if taking a large step to close the gap. Iris’ counter attack was a saber thrust to Ariana’s chest, with her only arm she brought her left forearm horizontal up to block the attack but not deflect it completely.

Fighting against those with weapons were always challenges with those who chose their own limbs as weapons. Ariana learned that getting close was a strategy to use but not always, the better was to disarm. She had little room to generate enough momentum and strength but as her left leg snapped upwards she targeted Iris’ wrists that held the saber.

I have to make this fight a tad more even. One armed or not, she did not wish pity upon herself and intended to show to herself she can still fight.

"Jem!-- get that headset off." he jerked his head at a newly arrived padawan Sōla Taan Sōla Taan Sōla Taan Sōla Taan . "Go."

Dagon's voice cut through the simulation. Jem faltered in an attack and ripped the headset off, her eyes darting to her master too quick to belay calm. Oh. He just wanted her-- ugh, babysitting duty? The girl was young and would clearly offer her nothing. No one would here, not after the months of brutal sparring under her father's own hand. Jem was just beyond them, she thought.

Unlike her lesser counter part, Jem did not reek with that infuriating overconfidence as she approached Sōla Taan Sōla Taan . In a way she envied the clearly young and green padawan. Jem had been her once, and back then she wanted nothing more to be where she was now. She just hadn't known what it would cost. Did Sola?

She gave her a smile that better resembled a grimace, and bowed.

"Alright," she sighed, her tone light with disinterest. "Guard up--" She flowed into ready position. But try as she might she couldn't help a slip of focus.

Did Arlo Renard Arlo Renard just headbutt Corin Trenor Corin Trenor ? Her smile grew a little more.

Kai himself was knocked back a step, stars appearing in his vision. He hadn’t expected a headbutt to hurt him nearly as much as it had hurt his target.

Apart from the initial shock in his voice seconds after the impact, Corin was already cruising for a bruising. His warning rang hollow when it was delivered in such a blatantly challenging tone. He might as well have said go ahead and try me.

Or so it sounded to Kai’s ears. Maybe he just wanted Corin to provoke him. Then he would at least have a paper-thin excuse for his childish behavior.

The Bamarri didn’t even give Corin a chance to finish talking before he tried to tackle the other Padawan to the floor, tossing the training saber aside and resorting to fists.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::

O B S E R V A T I O N
blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png

Wearing: xxx
Weapon: xxx x2
Tag: Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Open to interaction

The paint on the walls smelled fresh. It was the beginning of something new, and the aroma of the place seemed to give that off better than anything else. Not that anyone would tell if they were standing close to Judah Lesan or the tobacco coming from his pipe. His back pressed up against the wall as he observed the demonstration being put on for the Knights and Masters. Should they find a student that piqued their interest it would be no doubt Valery Noble Valery Noble would consider the event a success.

Judah was not so sure.

As usual he was skeptical. Everything about his body language said so. The relaxed posture, having his hood drawn over his head, to the pipe which sat between his lips, demonstrated that the Master was still keeping his distance from the organized structure of the New Jedi Order. His only reason for being as close to it as he was rested solely with his best friend Valery Noble. She had convinced him that he could no longer serve the cause of light as a hermit. Tython had certainly helped, but Valery had been the most persuasive.

He was drawn from his thoughts by the sound of music playing.

“Interesting,” he muttered between the puffs of his pipe.

Judah extinguished it and placed the wooden instrument back into his satchel and walked toward the woman. As he passed Valery he gave her a look. It was simple, one which simply communicated that he was there, with protest. They were close enough she would likely pick up on the sarcasm behind it as well. In truth, there was nothing he would not do for the woman. His feelings were quite well understood even if the two required a different understanding of each other.

“Music is more productive than hours deuling, especially when it comes to mastering the art of saber combat,”
he said leaning against the wall behind the woman. “It makes your brain process the universe differently. A lens that gives you a perspective that combat cannot.”

His words were a little cryptic, but not so much that he felt the girl would misunderstand him. She seemed to be about his nephew’s age, but also seemed to be new. Judah had certainly never met her before. They were getting older and older, the Padawans, but Judah supposed the Jedi Order needed anyone willing. If she were a quick learner, then she could make Knight sooner than anyone might give her credit for. All anyone could do was observe and ask questions.

It was the only thing Judah was currently interested in. He was not going to teach just anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom