Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction [NJO + Jedi] A New Journey

Outfit | Weapon | Appearance
div1.png

"I take it this whole thing was your idea?"

Hearing the familiar voice approaching, Valery turned and offered Amani Serys Amani Serys a friendly smile, "Is it that obvious?" she joked with a slight grin on her face, "But not quite, back in the day, I used to host events like this as the Battlemaster of my Enclave. But that's behind me - this time, I just helped organize an already existing event a little... and of course, I'm here to keep an eye on them." Some Padawans were a little overzealous, after all.

More and more Jedi began to enter the training area now, and most were familiar faces. She offered Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor a dip of her head and shot a friendly smile to Caedyn Arenais as well, who had only just recently joined the NJO. Things were looking up since the liberation of Empress Teta, and while there was a lot to do still, she felt it all affect her mood positively.

"It's never too late to start teaching, especially if you find the right student," Valery then told Titi Rokari Titi Rokari , who had also joined her and Amani. "It's like you said, there are many promising Padawans here."

The woman's attention then shifted to Aaran, who she greeted with a nod, "Greetings, Master Tafo. For now, I plan to just leave them to their own training, but we'll see where things go, hm?" she smirked. "If you have ideas though, feel free to voice them. I'm sure we can do something with it."

Finally, another familiar face joined - Valery smiled at Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze and chuckled at the comment he made, "It can be quite exciting to watch them all train. To see the new generation we're trying to help come together for something like this. So I can't say I blame them for being excited."

Open

“Close enough.” Amani crossed her arms and returned Valery Noble Valery Noble 's slight grin, “I’m sure none of these kids are interested in getting on your bad side.” The concept alone seemed like enough of a deterrent. Behind those Keshian eyes hid a Jedi mom’s wrath.

By now a healthy crowd had congregated in the room, and Amani scanned over each of them; Some recognized, some not, but all offered the same pleasant smile plus an occasional wave for the more acquainted. Her wandering thoughts then settled over to a vaguely familiar figure a little further away. After a few long seconds, the puzzle pieces clicked together: Starlin Rand Starlin Rand ? Looking decidedly more grizzled and distant than last time. Amani winced a bit; He took that Sith’s rejection a lot harder than she thought he would.

A voice, aimed at her, brought the Mirialan’s attention back, “Excited?” She chuckled and regarded Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze with a look, “I’ll be excited if no one manages to break anything,” Her eyes settled back on the padawans dispersed throughout the room, “Place your bets now, though,” A half joke paired with a half smirk. Right now, Amani’s bet was on Corin Trenor Corin Trenor , be it breaking something of his own or someone else’s. But she kept that to herself.

Be careful what you wish for.
“Self-defense is not just a set of techniques; it’s a state of mind, and it begins with the belief that you are worth defending.” - Rorion Gracie

There were many who believed that Caltin Vanagor did not like teaching “the younger set,” just the opposite. He himself learned new ways and new outlooks every time he would instruct another, be it in the ways of the Force, Lightsaber techniques, or self defense. It was also a good way to gauge just how a student was as a person. Did they take themselves too seriously? Were they lackadaisical? Arrogant? Timid? Even though he was not, Vanagor embraced the Echani approach.

He was a Guardian by path, after all.

Familiar faces were filling the arena. He knew of Mirialan (@Amani) from his early days with the Silvers, he did not know her by anything more than passing, but was glad to see that she did not disappear. The guilty “man-bun” ( Starlin Rand Starlin Rand ) was another he knew in passing, not really much more than that. That was okay though. Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze , he knew and made some kind of weird gesture with his right index and middle fingers (“peace”), it made him sort of feel like he was making a “Dad Joke.” He knew Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo as well, and while the big man knew about what had happened to his site, Caltin held in his repeated surprise at the bandana over his eyes. It was an odd feeling that he inwardly hoped the “handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob” didn’t see.

You did NOT just make that “Dad” Joke!

Caedyn Arenais! Now that was a surprise. The robes were cool, they looked good…almost made the big man…

... if you say that I’m “green with envy…”... crap…

Yeah… anyway. The proceedings were interesting. The Padawans who were not talking or negotiating how to go through this exercise were taking to it wholeheartedly, mainly one. The one he noticed was pretty exceptional, Caltin had seen him in the forest with Dagon on a recent mission he went on with the NJO. He was smug, rather arrogant and headstrong. This was all evident in how he carried himself and that was fine Guardians tended to be that way. Besides, he would get an ego check soon enough in his life.

What was entertaining was the look he just gave into the crowd… at the big man himself (maybe one or two others, but they did lock eyes). He did not need to be able to read the guy to know what he was thinking. Vanagor had seen enough of this look before, the last time the NJO had confronted the Silvers when Starchaser was GrandMaster and had made the mistake of considering an ill-fated alliance against the Bryn.

This guy is going to be a Padawan for awhile… until he gets rid of that grudge,

No matter what, this was getting entertaining.

TAG: | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Titi Rokari Titi Rokari | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Kirie Kirie | Caedyn Arenais | @ Kat Decoria ||

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Yeah… I agree.” he nodded at Val, a soft smile tugging his lips. The Knight wondered if the Order now looked far more familiar to the Battlemaster; closer to the lively halls the Temple was depicted of being eons ago during Master Noble’s time.

How close and yet so far, identical but never exactly the same. Only a memory, another life, from which she had been forcibly yanked from.

A heavy burden but Valery always found a way to move forward.

The smile grew into a grin upon the towering Jedi’s appearance and attempt to meld with the youthful faces here. Another strong-willed Jedi pulled from his life to a stranger time, another era in which to serve the Force.

C’mon, doc— stop worrying so much.” he slapped the medic’s back playfully. “You know what they say—what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger.”

Look, if anything, they can learn how to reign in their shoulders on their own.

Ah yes, Dag, promote recklessness. That’s the spirit.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Amani Serys Amani Serys Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo @everyoneigsmile

Kai entered the arena. Along the way he passed by the previous contender, a sweat-soaked, defeated Padawan. One eye was beginning to blacken with a bruise after taking a fist or elbow to the face.

Staring after the kid until he disappeared through the door, Kai finally turned to face his opponent. His eyebrows rose, then furrowed. Corin Trenor stood before him, scoffing at something or someone in the audience.

Squaring his shoulders, Kai walked forward. Energy barriers manifested, locking them in together. They could see the masters watching, along with a few of the other Padawans battling in different cells. But otherwise they were alone, and there was only the mock duel between them.

Ideally, at least. Kai had no love for Corin—he had disliked Corin’s predecessor Jem Fossk Jem Fossk too, although that was a little different. Jem was mean, (or she had been before…) while Kai didn’t really know what Corin was like apart from observing his cockiness in passing. Still, there would always be an element of covetous jealousy on his part for anyone who already had a master, especially if their master was Dagon Kaze.

He drew his weapon. It was a training lightsaber issued for the occasion, the blade of such low intensity it couldn't hurt a fly. After all, it wouldn't do for a technical malfunction or malicious prank to cause a promising young Padawan to lose a limb.

For some reason, Kaze’s padawans almost always preferred to take on his worst sides than anything else. Maybe if Corin would take some of the better traits of his mentor, that would be great.

Like working in a team, or something.

Jem sat alone in a corner, retying her boots as she prepped for a sparring simulation with a droid headset.

She had showed up, hadn't she?

Once upon a time Jem would have been just like Corin Trenor Corin Trenor , standing front and center and flexing her skills to catch the attention of the master she already had. Now she all she wanted was to go the day unseen. Jem glanced once at the small gathering Dagon had around him, then slipped her headset over her eyes.

The 3D sound embraced her as it powered on, replacing the training center with a rugged training ring. It felt like entering a whole other world, not unlike the sensation of diving through Denon's sky scape at night. She took in a deep breath and lit the saber, catching the phantom blades as they came.

She had a jacket to fit into.

Last edited:
GADividerYellow.png

Sola came meandering into the training area with all the prim grace the young Atoan could muster, arms clasped behind her back, hands hidden in the voluminous sleeves of her kimono, jet-boots clicking and clinking with each step.

There were already a few duels underway- a pair of older girls clashed in a corner of the room, one of them literally fighting single handedly, limbs glowing with white light, and not far from them, two boys were preparing to duke it out, one of them strangely shoe-less. Interesting, she thought as she lingered near the door, head tilted just so, observing the room with such gravitas as if she were not two inches shy of five feet and barely halfway into her thirteenth year.

There were several Masters and Knights present, watching the duels from the fringes of the room- Master Valery Noble, a legend among Order, and the massive Master Caltin Vanagor, a giant of a man who looked as if he had been chiseled out of solid rock. The Knights were less known to her, though some seemed familiar from her Current Events studies.

There were very few, if any Padawans near her age. They were all taller and older and more experienced, most of them senior Padawans, but that didn't deter her. If anything, it only filled her with the electric hum of excitement. She worked hard to hone her natural talents, though her power in the Force still outstripped her understanding of it, so she was confident she could put on a good showing, for all that she already had a Master.

Speaking of, where was Master Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar ? He said he'd be here...

GADividerYellow.png

@A Whole Slew of Folks​

Last edited:
Ah, my ears are burning. Someone must be thinking about me.

Probably not in a very positive light, judging by the sense he had of being glared at. He’d gotten used to it. Regardless of how hard he tried to atone for past sins, he knew the rest of his career as a member of the New Jedi Order would be spent under surveillance. His peers would be watching him, waiting for him to screw up again.

Well, he was here because Lief Lief had wanted him to be his master, so that must count for something. Some part of him must be worthy.

He listened to the conversation between Iris Arani Iris Arani and Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau . Funny—the boys were already duking it out, meanwhile the girls were chatting. Convection… was that the one where you made your skin burn to the touch with the Force?

Sounds like fun.

Could the Padawans hear him, or was he talking to himself?

The duel between Iris and Ariana finally began in earnest, and Starlin sat back to watch. It was difficult to focus on multiple matches at once, but he made an attempt to give everyone their due.

Then he heard Amani speak.

“Place your bets now, though.”

Starlin’s head swiveled around to face her. “Bet?” He held up a credit chit and grinned. “Two hundred credits says Ariana, Jasper, and Corin win.” Normally he bet on the underdog, but no way was that scrawny kid with the big forehead going to beat Corin. Not after he just watched him trash the last one he fought.

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
He let out a scoff at Dagon's observation that he seemed excited. "We get to see how our students are progressing. What greater joy is there as a teacher?" He asked, raising a brow slightly to the Watchman of Denon.

“Place your bets now, though,

"I'll be contrarian. Iris, Silas and Kai will win their bouts." He said, reaching into his robes and pulling out a series of Bantha Burger and Pizza Hutt coupons. 50% off large meals and a buy one get one free medium pizza with drink. A high price to be sure, but such was his confidence in his choice that he knew the Padawans would not fail him.

He'd even be nice and buy the winner a pizza of their choice. Mostly because their reactions to it would be very amusing. Come to think of it, he was actually feeling peckish. Crap! Maybe he shouldn't have bet the coupons, he could have used the meal, saving himself the effort of cooking himself something later.

But it was too late now, the covenant was forged. The gauntlet had been thrown, he could only now hope in the Force's infinite mercy that his choices were the correct ones and he would not have to pay full price for his next Bantha Burger.

His gaze then flicked to the newer arrival Sōla Taan Sōla Taan , elbow moving to nudge Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze slightly.

"Perhaps Jem could use a partner. The simulations only go so far." He knew about the infamous Jem Fossk Jem Fossk . Not that he'd hold the girl's heritage against her. Everyone stumbled, sometimes they fell. What mattered in the end was that she took the offered hand to pull herself back up. And perhaps a friendly spar was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Amani Serys Amani Serys Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Corin Trenor Corin Trenor Iris Arani Iris Arani Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau Valery Noble Valery Noble Arlo Renard Arlo Renard
Any Padawans that lose will be forced to bathe Luach

Amani’s voice hiccuped mid-sentence when Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze slapped her back, “It’s my job to worry about these things. You see any other healers around?” She looked over toward Iris Arani Iris Arani and respecified, “That aren’t in the middle of a fight? Also I hate that saying.” Maybe if it went ‘what doesn’t kill you, or leave you with permanent mental and/or physical debilitation, makes you stronger’, she’d consider it more agreeable.

Despite any unpleasant contingencies, Amani still found herself smirking. The event had been set up for safety, and (assumedly) none of these padawans had any blood feuds to settle. Deep down she didn’t expect anything genuinely disastrous to occur.

Well, seeing Arlo Renard Arlo Renard step into the ring with Corin did fill her with a bit of apprehension. That didn’t exactly seem like a great clash of personalities. Then again, when was the last time Kai did something that didn’t stress Amani out?

Apparently the prospect of gambling got Starlin Rand Starlin Rand out of his personal bubble, to which she shot a confused, then disappointed look, “What? No, no, we’re not actually-”

"I'll be contrarian. Iris, Silas and Kai will win their bouts." He said, reaching into his robes and pulling out a series of Bantha Burger and Pizza Hutt coupons. 50% off large meals and a buy one get one free medium pizza with drink.

“Nooo-- Is that Pizza Hutt?” There was a moment of temptation, and genuine consideration before Amani waved it off with another smirk, "I don't think Padawan Fight Club isn't the kind of publicity the Jedi need."

Last edited:
Corin sauntered forwards with all the confidence one could assume of someone often so boldly problematic. He looked to Kai with an expression of unplacable familiarity and lazily pointed towards the other Padawan. "I know you," he said with a smirk, "You're that telepathy guy. Are you in my head now or is that something for third dates only?"

Ever the agitator, if not an annoyance. Jem taught him his share of lessons in a manner most should avoid with all the scars and experiences to prove it. He became better with time, with each mission, with each sleepless night on Denon. Even if his body often disagreed with the latter. Too many times had Corin come to Amani in need of some medical aid of some sort - vague explanations that amounted to nothing were all the answers she could find from him. Still, Dagon was right. He was content to continue to act on his worst qualities.

He twirled the hilt of the training saber in his hand with a certain amount of finesse until the blade itself extended outwards.

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard Amani Serys Amani Serys Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Valery Noble Valery Noble Titi Rokari Titi Rokari Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Kirie Kirie Caedyn Arenais Kat Decoria Kat Decoria Jem Fossk Jem Fossk Sōla Taan Sōla Taan andanyoneelseimissed

Be careful what you wish for.
“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses – behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

You can’t handle it? … I told you, no. … That is not how it works. … Yes, I am but you are more than capable of handling a dispute… I’m on Coruscant… handle it.

Caltin Vanagor was probably one of the few who considered being part of a Council to be a hindrance and not a compliment. Sure, it was an honor to be considered, and to be held with some level of esteem, but he always considered himself more someone who led and provided leadership in the field and not in some tower. The fact that he was on the SJC Council was still a bit of a surprise (to him) but he was not letting them make the mistakes of the recent years. At least not if he had something to say about it.

That of course came with the drawbacks of having to take “calls” like the one he was just completing with a new Jedi Knight who had yet to realize their position and access. It was a bit of a pain in the neck, if not a normal rite of passage.

Pulling the earpiece out and aggressively shoving it into his pocket, Caltin had completely lost track of what was going on. This is why he did not react to the “bet” comments and questions. The big man would have offered a donation just to keep anyone unscrupulous from taking a dive. Sure, they were Jedi… “but 20 bucks is 20 bucks…” right?

Be serious…

There were several Padawans who seemed to be progressing nicely, sure everyone progressed at their own pace, but several had shown abilities beyond their years. Yes, “Blue Hair” was one of them, just ask him, he’ll tell you himself. One thing several of them had to deal with was “fear,” several seemed to be intimidated, some seemed to be afraid of being afraid. Fear was actually a good motivator. Fear of the worst happening could drive you to give your best effort for one. This was a conversation for another time though.

I’m hungry… who wants pizza?

No, he didn’t hear the conversation.

TAG: | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Titi Rokari Titi Rokari | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Kirie Kirie | Caedyn Arenais | Kat Decoria Kat Decoria ||
resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

"I know you. You're that telepathy guy. Are you in my head now or is that something for third dates only?"

<Only if I have something to say,> Kai replied. His lips did not move as he spoke inside the other Padawan's mind.

Corin reminded him a great deal of Dag—or at least, an exaggerated parody of Dag. He was loud, he was proud, and he was undoubtedly dangerous. It was a volatile combination.

Where do you keep finding these people, man?

Despite his brash demeanor, Corin wasn’t the first to strike, instead twirling his lightsaber hilt around like he was putting on a show. Maybe he was. But no—he wasn’t trying to impress a potential master. He already had one.

Kai held his lightsaber with both hands, splayed his feet, and lunged. A quick jab forward, testing the waters, followed by a broad sweep of his blade set the duel in motion.

Korvan was late. Well - he might have been late, if anyone had potentially been expecting him. However, he imagined a master who lacked a padawan - or perhaps moreso, a master with seemingly no interest in taking on a padawan wasn't particularly the first person one might have expected to attend such a gathering. Yet, for all of his more aloof mannerisms, Korvan still took an interest in the training of the newer generations - if only from a more distant position than his counterparts.​
As he approached those same counterparts, his eyes caught the flash of a coupon, along with some commentary on Pizza Hutt. A faint scoff of amusement announced the Jedi Master's presence, his hands tucked into the sleeves of his robes as he came up alongside his fellows, peering out over the students engaging in their bouts.​

"I somehow suspect a large pizza is far from the ideal Jedi diet."

His comment came with a soft chuckle, the dark-haired Jedi turning his gaze over those present to give a proper nod of greeting, his gaze lingering upon the form of Valery Noble Valery Noble for a moment - she had still left him with much to consider since their last meeting.​

With a glance back towards the bouts, he let out a sigh, lifting his hands from his sleeves as he crossed his arms instead, brushing his fingers over his beard. "And how are the bouts going today?"

Corin winced at the sudden intrusion into his mind, the echoes of a voice rattled inside his brain. His features contorted into a clear sense of discomfort with a frown. "Yeah, not a fan of that one." He remarked with the subtle shake of his head, "Bet you hear that one a lot."

Like a shockboxer, the Padawan refused to sit still. He bounced on the balls of his feet, even as he moved to deflect the probing strokes from Bamarri. He weaved backwards to avoid the broad sweep, narrowly missing Corin. Maybe a little too close for comfort, even. But he delved back in with a flurry of strikes, less probing and without a care of testing the waters. He swept his blade in from the right side with a clear horiztonal swipe, then across and diagonal from the top left, only to sweep up again from the bottom left.

He was like Dagon, that much was true. Loud and proud, but the kind heart of his master was sorely absent in the far more aggressive Corin. Even malicious at times.

"Come on. Time to prove yourself!" Corin called with a wry smile.

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard AndEveryoneElse

"Yeah, not a fan of that one. Bet you hear that one a lot."

Kai resisted the urge to roll his eyes. Jem had hated it too. In fact, she cut off all communication between them due to her dislike of telepathy. The result was a rivalry based on years of misunderstandings.

No wonder Corin had so easily replaced her. They seemed to have a lot in common.

Kai parried Corin’s probing swipes easily enough. But then came a flurry of blows which forced Kai to frantically defend himself, and before he knew it he was more or less cornered.

"Come on. Time to prove yourself!"

There was loathing in Kai’s dark eyes, the irises no longer Kaze blue.

I could’ve killed you with my bare hands. Without even touching you, I could’ve emptied your mind, leaving you nothing more than a brainless husk—

But the Bamarri wasn’t the force of nature he once was. No amount of training could give that back to him. All he could do was prove that he didn’t need a Sithspawn body to fight. That he was, and always had been, more than the flesh he lived in.

The boy was already breathing hard, a sheen of sweat developing along his hairline, but he was focused. He lashed out with a powerful blow meant to knock Corin back and launched himself out of the corner, storming through a whirlwind of swings and shots, striking at his opponent's head, neck, and shoulders.

SEEKING SHELTER
Temple Training Room,
Open to interaction
ATTN: Caedyn Arenais

-

The two Padawans in front of her began their match, Kirie and Hana watching with interest. Both were obviously promising students, with a practical ability in the Force probably greater than her own. Hana was watching them fixedly, and Kirie wondered for the millionth time what was going through her head.

Kirie swept her eyes around the large space. She had come here for advice, so she should probably do something instead of standing around. But who to talk to? Her gaze settled on Valery Noble Valery Noble . Everything she knew about the master made her sure she would be able and willing to help. She tugged on Hana’s arm and the young woman looked up at her, her eyes clearing as if she had been pulled from deep thought.

Do you mind if we go have a chat with someone? Kirie signed.

Hana raised her hands, and slightly clumsily, with the slow deliberateness of someone still in the early stages of learning, signed her reply.

Yes. That would be fine. Stiff. Polite. Kirie wondered when she’d see the real person underneath. With time, she hoped.

As he walked further into the training hall, the Jedi Knight smiled and bid a respectful nod to those who might have glanced his way.

On her way over to Valery, Kirie spotted a familiar figure from her past. She recalled hearing that he had come to the Order, but she had only just returned herself, and so hadn’t seen him.

Kirie and Hana stopped beside Caedyn Arenais, and she offered the man a smile as he met her eyes.

“Hi Caedyn. It’s nice to see you’re still here. It feels like a lifetime since we last met.”

Kirie had briefly- very briefly- stayed with the Jedi Knight when he was a young man on Svivren. Then, she had been unable to bear the responsibility of her post and she had run away. A pattern that had repeated itself throughout her life, at least until these last few years.

“This is Hana.” Kirie said, her hands moving in unison with her words as she introduced the girl. “She lost her family on New Alderaan. She’s deaf like I was, so you’ll have to sign to her, if you can. She is gifted with the Force, so I thought she might stay here awhile, and I’ll uh, figure out how to teach.”

“How are you finding the order? It must be different from what you’re used to.”

"They'll be fine, doc -- if anything, I'm sure you're pretty capable of sewing an arm or two." he quipped. Juvenile humor hadn't abated with the years, in fact, it had been only empowered by Yula's nefarious influence on him. The puerility didn't cease there as Starlin merely extended it by suggesting bets as if he was the ringmaster of a gladiatorial arena. Dagon chuckled, plucking his hands into the leather jacket's empty pockets. The Hutta Burger coupons had been used on their way here. Jem, Corin, and Dagon were ones to shy away from ravenous appetite when it knocked. It just cost them twice the intensity of training later.

The sole item materializing in his hand was the small shrike signal module. It lazily flashed indicating the three would have to be returning to Denon sooner rather than later.

His gaze drifted back to the duelists. Apparently, Corin had been taking the spotlight and he was somewhat basking in it but not in the way Dagon would've preferred. He was pompous, chest out like a rooster who took competition as a personal rivalry. Half of Dagon's lessons seemed to have escaped the young teenager's mind, the other half, the martial, was completely absorbed by every fiber of his body. Corin somewhat reminded him of both himself and his generation of Jedi. Someone, maybe some crass press, had dubbed them as 'rebels with lightsabers' and they weren't off the mark by much. But times had changed. For the better, he believed.

Where Corin's physical prowess was evident, his opponent was no street chum to discard. Kai, once the product of Sith machinations, had cast aside the curse through such tribulations that even the most hardened of Jedi Masters may have struggled with. There was a hint of regret in the Knight's eyes at the sight of Bammari; a kid he had rescued and who had rescued him in return on Necropolis but never really pulled right beneath his wing.

But perhaps that had been for the better.

Jem's feline subtetly took his attention next. If there had been someone to personify the strength of hope and redemption that would have been her. Solipsis' own flesh and blood, once fallen to become the key piece for galactic apocalypse, she had rekindled the flames of righteous conviction at the literal edge of reality to deliver a blow to her own father and his plans of galactic domination. It was good to see her this fresh, muscles slowly being rebuilt after the starving, dark times of her fall, and most importantly -- mature. Months spent on Dawn Temple with Master Noble as the custodian would do that to you.

A nudge in his ribs almost startled him.
"Perhaps Jem could use a partner. The simulations only go so far."

"Right, yeah." he nodded, then called out the girl. "Jem!-- get that headset off." he jerked his head at a newly arrived padawan Sōla Taan Sōla Taan . "Go." these would be the new generation -- they had to form chemistry to become a tight-knit group capable of withstanding the evil plaguing the galaxy.

The smile plastered on his face subsided at Korvan Toldreyn Korvan Toldreyn 's arrival. The master of one Rakaan Horne Rakaan Horne . A dear, old friend of the raven-haired Knight over whom he still carried the burden of guilt for his apparent death. A painful dent in the trust put into him to lead a team back then. But Rakaan seemed to have survived, yet the jubilations were cut short when his reappearance had materialized under the mantle of an Imperial Knight; once comrades in the mutual fight against the Sith, now adversaries in an inevitable war.
"And how are the bouts going today?"

"So far, so good." for now, he replied, eyes sternly narrowing at Corin. Dagon remained reluctant to warn the boy, trusting he would show what he had learned beyond fighting -- reservation, composure, and compassion.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Amani Serys Amani Serys Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Korvan Toldreyn Korvan Toldreyn @everyonelseigsmile​

Caedyn Arenais

C
Two of the Jedi within the great hall caught Caedyn's attention, one of which looked all too familiar, yet Caedyn couldn't recall where he had met her before for the life of him.

"Hi Caedyn. It's nice to see you're still here. It feels like a lifetime since we last met.".

The sign language sparked his memory. It wasn't something he was forced to practice often however, beyond his training as an Apprentice, Kirie Kirie had allowed him to use it once or twice, long ago back at the Jedi Enclave of Svivren where Caedyn had presided over as Steward.

"Kirie, right?" Caedyn asked while signing as he spoke. He couldn't recall whether she was gifted in lip-reading like some. "It's been a long time. I didn't expect to meet you here" He paused to smile warmly, soon looking to Hana, who stood by her side; "A pleasure to meet you", he greeted her, vocally and with sign, a smile and a rather jovial nature about him. It was very pleasing to be in the company of friends once more, having been away from the Core for quite some time now.

"She lost her family on New Alderaan. She's deaf like I was, so you'll have to sign to her, if you can. She is gifted with the Force, so I thought she might stay here awhile, and I'll uh, figure out how to teach.".

"I'm so sorry" Caedyn spoke with empathy, using sign to relay his words. Sign language didn't hold the same emotional impact or representation of his sincerity as word of mouth, though he looked to the young girl solemnly; "I hope that in time you'll come to know the Jedi as family, as many of us have learned to" he added, soon looking back to Kirie who likely had experienced a lifetime of stories since their last meeting.

"I've been fortunate to receive a warm welcome here on Coruscant" Caedyn responded to Kirie, appreciative that she would have asked; "Between the Order Rim Territories and the Order of the Silver Jedi, the New Jedi Order is indeed a breathe of fresh air" He grinned, looking passed the pair to study the Padawan who were parring with one another further towards the centre of the room.

"Technically, I'm on duty starting tomorrow, but I wanted to stop by and observe the students" he gestured to the ongoing sparring, "I figured it'd be a good example of what to expect should I lead classes here, and yes...-Take on a Padawan of my own, if that is my calling".

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | @Westgard | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Titi Rokari Titi Rokari | Amanda Amanda | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Kirie Kirie | Amani Serys Amani Serys

In a swift turn around, the cornered beast that was Bamarri lashed out. It took no less than one forceful strike to see to it as a storm of them followed suit - each beat around his shoulders, his neck, and head. "There it is!" He enitced further, able to do little more than bob and weave around a flurry of saber slashes that came his way. To be expected of a student of Kaze, movement so fluid became second nature to the Padawan.

But in the end, Corin was still a student. Hardly a master of the art.

He overextended, in the end, and it amounted into a stumble. Then into a fall, even as Corin made every effort to make it seem intentional. As if he had thrown himself onto the mat beneath him. Yet it was a sweeping leg that shot out afterwards, for Corin to then tuck and roll backwards over himself and find his own feet once more.

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard AndEveryoneElse

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom