Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public New Year Gala | Kingdom of Naboo

tZ1s4tq.png

"Lady Djo..." He trailed off, maybe in better times he could have remembered the name, but at the moment such concerns were far from his mind, still taking the offered hand, he laid a kiss upon it, "Indeed we have not, something to be rectified I am sure," He provided his best approximation of a charming smile, wide, and feigned, "I thank you for your kind words, it has certainly been an uphill struggle, but all for the glory of our Emperor, of course,"

Lina's smile flickered as he kissed her hand, not that the gesture was unwelcome, just that she was unsure how Sarlow would react. It brought a strange flutter in her stomach. There was something in Malum though, something behind the eyes that was strained, out of place. Like he'd pulled a mask on put something beneath was desperate to claw its way out. She recognised it all to well, she'd grown up seeing that in her mothers face in the hours before her...episodes.

A flicker of concern crossed her face, but was gone as quick as it had come, mostly because Sarlow was teasing Malum. She gave his arm a very gentle squeeze and a sideways glance that said 'don't play with your food'.

"I'm sure your father would rather spend him time playing with the mandalorians, he'd get much more enjoyment from it." She said with a nod in the direction of Ijaat and Mia. "Force knows he loves nothing more than to torment the animals." She turned her attention back to Malum "I would love to discuss the Tsis'kaar and their future further with you, Lord Malum. Perhaps I can come by Alvaria in the near future?"

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr Sarlow Zambrano Sarlow Zambrano

Naboo
div-orange.png
Outfit: Dress | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell

"It would be my pleasure to teach him, once we've adjusted a little with the newborn." Valery hugged herself a little tighter around her husband's arm and let loose a happy sigh. She wouldn't have minded a simple, polite dance with someone besides her husband at this Gala. But she didn't want to take any risks, and figured a little alone time with her spouse wouldn't hurt. Back at home, they were going to be very busy with the kids again.

Which she had no trouble with, but some husband and wife time was necessary, too.

From the corners of her eyes, Valery spotted another man approaching and turned to greet him. He extended his hand, and while Valery stepped forward to shake it, she couldn't help but feel that something seemed familiar about-

"LOVE?! Oh my god," Valery watched her mountain of a husband clock the man across the jaw, and hoped to the Force that he hadn't just shattered the poor man's jawbone. "What's the matter with you?!" Oh yes, she was angry now, and quickly rushed over to aid the man despite her pregnant belly.

"I'm so, so sorry," Valery said while she offered him some help to get up or be steady. Once she had done that, a death glare turned to her husband, meant to scare him in ways she never had before. But that's when she felt what happened through their bond. She now understood why he had punched the man, and couldn't help but feel conflicted.

It was dumb to attack just like that, but... he had done it for her honor.

"This is a huge misunderstanding. Please forgive him, he just-" She struggled to find the words and felt emotion stirring in her chest.
Again, I'm so sorry." Valery looked around, hoping that the guards stationed around the hall weren't about to swarm in to take her husband away for that sucker-punch. She didn't want this night to be ruined. It was supposed to be their night together, and now it seemed to slip away from them again.

As their off-duty time always seemed to do.

skin, bone, and arrogance

dyrn_new_spacer1.png

Natasi stepped back into her previous position; there was no need to be menacing, after all. But she still regarded the woman opposite her with curiosity and -- perhaps something approaching empathy. Change was hard. Leaving one's tribe was one of the hardest changes of all. She frowned thoughtfully and looked down; with no other points of interest, her eyes settled on the rapidly evaporating moisture where her gin and tonic had once been, though she was really looking through it and past it, at the nothingness that laid beyond.. Natasi felt something within her fray, some iron cable that had bound her together since her capture at the hands of the elegantly-attired woman opposite her.

"You have left the Enclave," Natasi repeated, almost as if she was seeking to clarify that she had heard correctly. "And a moment ago you intimated to me that it was not your wish but an order for you to attack the Corvo and capture myself and Senator Calgar." The Supreme Leader wrapped her arms around her middle, her dark eyes once more rising, taking in Jenn's form and fashion.

Her eyes had lost their cold edge by the time they met Jenn's again, her eyebrows lifting slowly -- almost as if they were straining against the weight of the grudge that Natasi Fortan was trying to hold. She simply observed Jenn for a few moments more. "You don't cease to surprise me, Alor Kryze," said the Senator. The bravado and menace in her voice having evaporated like so much floor gin, what was left was a quiet thoughtfulness. "I took you for one without judgment and without character. My mistake, of course." A faint smile, wistful and regretful at the same time, crossed the alabaster patrician features of the Galidraani aristocrat. "You probably know by now that my conduct when you boarded was an effort to put you off balance and give us time to mount some kind of defense. For all the good it did," she added with a note of chagrin.

"Regardless, you have changed my outlook on your people," Natasi went on, her voice still quiet. "Your treatment of Senator Organa -- when it would have been so much easier and detrimental to the Galactic Alliance to kill such a prominent and skilled leader, likely a future Supreme Chancellor -- speaks to the idea that you are not without integrity. You could have crippled the Galactic Alliance in one fell swoop and chose to honor your agreement. And yet it stands in direct contrast to the way you treated Senator Calgar, whose primary sin was to be in your way. Taking myself quite out of the equation, of course, for... objectivity. One wonders if there was some other motivation, but there is a saying in my part of the galaxy that one ought not look a gift horse in the mouth."

She paused a moment, unfolding her arms. She laced her fingers together in front of her, and her eyes adopted a faraway gleam, a staring into the middle distance look that was so typical of her features. "I've done things I'm not proud of in service to an unworthy leader," Natasi said, her voice somewhat detached now, as if describing a tragic historical event because, in a sense, she was. "It is difficult to separate these things, I understand better than most. It has motivated me to do better, and I -- " She fell silent and, after an awkward pause, her neck stiffened, pulling her head back a few degrees. "Listen to me, bearing my soul to a Mandalorian," she said with a shake of her head. "And the one who broke my face not long ago. What has become of me?"

Natasi flexed her fingers and her shoulder lowered almost imperceptibly. Relaxation, or defeat? "So what now, Alor Kryze? Having shaken hands we just go our separate ways? What of justice? Does your change in heart relieve you of the moral obligation to answer for your part in this fiasco?"

"But it does exist!" Anodyne decreed, "It is the most powerful democratic entity in the galaxy. And it has helped others in the past." She sighed, and pinched her brow. Sycorax was probably right, that in the end Jelucan would only be able to rely on itself when the time came. But being here, establishing ties with the Alliance, that was Anodyne's job. And how could anyone back home forgive her for not trying?

"How could you help? You're part of the same system you discredit," She asked.

N A B O O
OBJECTIVE I: Great Ballroom | Objective III
Open for interaction or chatting| Glistaweb Outfit & Items | x | x | x |
Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell

ac93b36e5024f731e7630d239f7e6bc9.jpg

It was the sickening sound of flesh cracking against bone that startled Danger so much that she flinched, eyes growing wide as saucers as shock lanced through her body as Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble sucker-punched the hell out of Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell out of nowhere.

Kahlil moved so quickly that it almost made one think that there was no way that just happened, but it did, as Valery Noble Valery Noble 's cries of aghast, embarrassment, and anger filled the air, Danger's turned to one of shock, to concern, to utter rage.

"Judah!" the Queen of Trade cried out, her voice cutting the din of revelers around them as the redhead came stumbling down beside Valery, her whiskey glass barely having enough time to be set on the floor before her hands went reaching over to cup the scruffy swarthy jaw of the unconscious salvager.

"Judah! Judah, are you alright?" Already, an enormous welt was swelling along his jawline, and that wave of worry crashed into the shoreline of utter outrage. He was knocked out cold. Calm and collected the Queen of Trade could be, but mess with those she considered her own, well, her wrath knew no bounds. Never mind Valery's attempts to apologize for Danger on behalf of her husband; this was just simply uncalled for. Never in her four decades of dealing business had such an abrupt and violent display of behavior ever crossed Danger's presence-- much the less in such a public location for all to see.

What the blue blazes was going on?!

Emerald eyes ignited in anger, and her head snapped over in Kahlil's direction in her own death glare, snarling out in incredulous, outraged disbelief, "Are you gorram fethin' crazy?! What in the nine hells is wrong with you!?"

By all intents and purposes, to the Queen of Trade, this had been an unprecedented and unwarranted attack on a civilian on neutral ground. She was utterly aghast at the situation, incredulous that Kahlil would react so with no warning whatsoever, to a cordial introduction at that.

Hell, at this point, she wasn't even sure if Kahlil would try something else, and Danger would be damned if he did. She positioned herself before Judah as if to make herself a protective barricade from any further onslaught.

"Makai! Help me get your pa up," they needed to get him medical attention.

Last edited:

Vall's blaster-mounted left arm came up a vague flurry of movement as the sound of violence and screaming started. There it was. He knew this gathering couldn't stay civil forever. He then lowered the weapon as he saw the cause.

A man was laying on the floor, bruised, and unmoving. Knowing he'd regret it, he nonetheless strode over, and knelt beside him, studying him gently without touching him. The lenses in his helmet flickered, confirming that the poor fellow was indeed still among the living. "He'll make it." He said after a few moments. "But whoever hit him had a haymaker like a bull rancor. With your permission, I can carry him outside for some fresh air, miss. I might as well use my strength for good now and again." He said, speaking to the man's apparent date for the evening. "He's not seriously hurt, but he can't exactly be left on the floor either until we can get a proper doctor to look at him."

CS3FUG8.png

The three of them spoke at length for some time, isolated in their own little bubble amidst the bustling party. None dared to approach them, the sheer malevolence radiating out from the Dark Lord enough to curdle the stomach of even the most hardiest of warriors. Those who were incensed by His mere appearance kept a close watch on Him, analyzing every action and waiting with bated breath for the Dark Lord of the Sith to step out of line and cause trouble.

Unfortunately for them, they were looking in the wrong place.

A shout went up, then a cry and a clamor. The sudden pulse of emotion and violence silenced everyone, all eyes pivoting towards the source. Carnifex's eyes narrowed, although the faintest twinge of a smile curled His lips. He could see past the throngs of people, but He only caught the aftermath. The bearded man was already falling, his head cocked to the side from the blow that felled him. Kahlil was there, blood on his fist, and his visibly pregnant wife was moving to intercede. Danger reacted slower, she did not have the reflexes of a Jedi, but her anger could rival even the greatest of Sith in that moment.

"Follow behind, but stay at a distance." His words carried that twang of authority, they were not meant to be disobeyed. He moved with purpose and grace, nudging aside the other party guests with the Force as He cut through the crowd that had invariably began to form. His shadow passed over the scene, His eyes drinking in all of the figures present. Danger was rightfully wrathful, her eyes blazing with confusion and indignation in equal measure.

"This outrage is an embarrassment," His eyes were settled on the fallen man, but His voice clearly was addressed at the Jedi. When they pivoted to look at Kahlil and Valery, the twinkle of amusement could be clearly seen in His eyes; something that only His son would pick up on. "A Jedi was supposed to use their skills for knowledge and defense, Masters Noble, never for attack. Or so I was led to believe." He then looked to Danger, who was helping the man up with the aid of another man; younger than the one rendered unconscious.

"Miss Arceneau, although it may bring little solace. I will assume full responsibility for my wayward son's behavior this evening."

Kahlil_Div2.png

It wasn't the other Judah.

The realization came from the bond with Valery. Things had kicked up drastically at this point. It was to be expected, of course. He just decked someone he mixed up with someone else. He let out a heavy sigh as he glanced to his wife. Gave her an apologetic smile. At this point, there was nothing much he could say. Not that he was about to walk away.

Instead, he simply bowed his head to Danger.

"My apologies. I did not expect to see Judah here, but it seems this Judah isn't the same that has been sexually harassing my wife over the years. There is no excuse."

He didn't glance towards his father, but did lift his head back up. He was most definitely in the wrong, but if that had indeed been the right Judah a punch wouldn't come close to enough retribution.

It really wasn't good they looked so similar.

Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex | Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell

“Oh, hey Dad.”

Makai noticed father approaching but didn't give the elder Dashiell much attention. Chronometer gave a near silent buzz, turning his wrist to read the message.

How's Mama doing?

Concerned message from Ellie regarding the older redhead. So far, Makai considered the night just fine, typical high brow event with the typical beings in attendance.

About to reply back on his chrono, Makai heard a loud hit and then the next thing he knew, his father was on the floor, out cold.

What the frak happened in the span of twenty seconds?

Now here he was, moving to help Danger, about to tell his protocol droid to help him with some heavy lifting. Another person offered to help get his father outside, saving him from having to recruit the Trade Queen in the venture.

Makai glared up at the man who presented himself as the man's father.

“I'll say you take full responsibility for raising a dumbass for a son. Is this what you've taught him, to hit old men?”

His father wasn't that old, yet the point still stood. A Jedi clocking a man cold due to of all things, mistaken identity? The circumstances made his blood boil.

“Over the years? What kind of man lets his wife get harassed for years?! All the sudden you decided today was the day to get off your ass and put an end to it.”

Makai had swiftly put an end to Ellie being harassed in several weeks and you were telling him a Jedi took years to finally worry about it?

The half-Galan scoffed before looking at Danger.

“Do..do we move him outside? Thirty-Seven and the guy who offered could do it.. we should be going now anyway… got to move Dad sometime.”

Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau | Clarron Vall Clarron Vall | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

EXPLORATION
OBJECTIVE: 1
TAGS: Open to interaction

rXNlCx5.png

div-orange.png

vKaPhsG.jpg

Addison strolled slowly around the perimeter of the Royal Naboo Palace's grand ballroom in a red satin gown that swooshed ever so side to side with a flute of bubbly in hand while her hazel brown eyes scanned the eclectic group of patrons gathered for the New Year Gala hosted by Queen Kalantha Kalantha ; a person she'd never had the honor or privilege of meeting though seemingly her outgoing twin brother had supposedly.

Aiden Porte Aiden Porte seemed to know everyone. He was at the gala somewhere having left the family estate long before she even had gotten dressed for the festive occasion. Addison had the feeling Aiden didn't want her to rain on his parade perhaps because of a certain young lady, or just in general. Who knew with boys/men? Her other half had been acting distant as of late, diminishing their twin Force bond. It was probably the dark-sided scare they'd each had, but still, Addy was worried about him.

She had not planned on attending the gala but had been asked by Kahne Porte Kahne Porte to step in for her mother as Alexandra Porte Alexandra Porte was still recovering from injuries incurred when the Porte's had been attacked just before the holidays. The incident was still fresh in the young woman's mind, but as usual, the Jedi pilot was able to compartmentalize rather well. Guess that came from learning to focus while needing to execute intricate flying maneuvers under the pressures of a raging furball and/or the strong mental training Addison had received from her father after a terrifying vision from a dark spirit haunted her dreams.

The tall brunette tipped back the remaining champagne left in her glass, then picked up another one from a passing server though to be drank at a much slower pace; no numb teeth for her. It wasn't that she was nervous per se but rather Addison didn't like these social-type functions or getting all dolled up either. "Tinks" would much prefer to be wearing a jumpsuit and working on her snubfighter or sharing a lively conversation with her R9 unit over the finer things in life. And Gizmo insisted he was always correct on the matter... Like a droid would know, right?!

8L2moGs.png

Last edited:
TdUbXmp.png

Objective II
Attire
: xxx
Tags: Anodyne Lyori Anodyne Lyori

They never understood what she meant. “It’s not an entity,” Sycorax said, restraining a sigh. “That implies a distinct and independent existence. The Alliance government is a group of individuals invested with power. Together, we never get anything done. If you disagree, then provide me with an example of how the Senate truly helped people that cannot be just as easily attributed to the Jedi, the armed forces, or a single person out of the senatorial collective acting on their own.

"How could you help? You're part of the same system you discredit."

Sycorax smirked to herself. “I could put you in direct contact with the only Senator worth a damn. Alicio Organa Alicio Organa . If anyone can help you, it’s him.

BranPrfo5.png

DivSilver.png

BranProf4.png
Wearing: xxx
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Makko Vyres Makko Vyres Bastila Sal-Soren

Makko’s reaction to Brandyn’s snark brought light to his eyes. But it was the name drop of Lossa that really grabbed at his attention. “Ah! You know Lossa! I am all at once sorry and delighted for you!” He said, knowing his cousin well enough to realize that she always made an impression. He loved her that. “We should all get together some time and critique the attire of the Jedi Council members when they leave the Council chambers…”

Cora said something about elegance and simplicity. It was a fair comment, but Brandyn wasn’t really here to play for the moderate. Tonight was a night for extremes.
“Well…so long as you don’t dip too far into the dried up well of floral designs…”

He felt a tug at his arm, the mere presence of his little sister pulling him from the snarky mood that he had permitted envelope him. “Bast!” He said, almost squealing. Almost.

He wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close for a tight one armed hug.
“Yes…I am fine…was just letting my ugly side out for a moment. This party was getting ugly no matter what I did, thought I may as well join in.”

Turning to Cora, and Makko, he presented his little sister. Though his arms seemed to have to rest a little higher when rested on her shoulders these days. She was growing up. “My sister. Bastila Sal-Soren. She’s the pleasant one.”

DivSilver.png

Malum tilted his head, as a smile as ravenous as it was delighted brought itself to its features, a fiery glimmer finding itself in his eyes, "If you wish to wake feelings of disappointment within us all, then that is your prerogative, Lord..." Malum paused, seeming to attempt to remember the man's first name, before giving up and providing the slightest shrug of his shoulders, "...Zambrano... after all," The smile turned wider, a smirk filled with the confidence and pride of a Sith Lord, "Once you meet Kaine, all the other Zambranos begin to feel so..." His vision turned towards the older woman on the Zambrano's arm, "...Inadequate~"

They were united, aligned, after all, the Zambranos, the Kainites, Kaine, was one-half of all the problems in the Sith Empire, and toying with his son was such a relief from all the hurt, confusion, and passion that had driven him wild upon the dance floor. There was something clawing at his chest, something smouldering on his skin, that told him otherwise, a voice at the back of his mind that tried to remind him of an obligation he held outside at the gardens, yet he shunted it to the side.

This was far more entertaining.

"I have met your father before, fought him upon the Malsheem in fact, truly a wonder none of his heirs could compare..." He tilted his head to the side suddenly, a hand grasping his chin, seemingly deep in thought, "Well... perhaps one," His eyes found the figure of one Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , "Should we go meet your brother? A traitor certainly, a fool absolutely, but from what I have heard of his exploits, somehow the best of his father's sons." It was rhetorical, yet he could not entirely keep the curiosity out of his face, Malum should have wanted the man dead, yet one who broke the grasp of the tyrant, and had made his own fate, as foolish as it was, it was certainly remarkable, certainly a story he would like to know firsthand.

Perhaps this little celebration would allow it.

Malum doubted that though.

His eyes returned to Lady Djo as her words struck him, her mentioning of them, the Mandalorians, flickered his gaze and mind back into focus.

Elise.

He needed to leave this place, yet to leave now, was simply not possible, it would be a process to extricate himself.

Thankfully he had been trained how to avoid all sorts of ballroom situations.

"Of course, my lady Djo," The smirk fading from his face, to a genuine smile, filled with curiosity, she had an ulterior objective here, and that was enough to garner her some consideration, "Alvaria would truly be blessed to have your beauty grace her surface," His eyes flickered to the Zambrano for but a second, eyes glimmering with mischief, "And I know, I would be honoured to know you at a more..." His eyes did not leave the Zambrano's, "...intimate level."

He withdrew his hand from hers, taking a step back, "It was a pleasure to meet you both," Well that was at least half-true, "but I will not interrupt your dance any further, I must be off," He needed to go find Elise, the warmth at his chest cooled.

Lina Zambrano Lina Zambrano Sarlow Zambrano Sarlow Zambrano

Q1C3xHp.png

No day passed without Jenn questioning herself. Leaving the Enclave was a difficult decision for her to make, and one that would forever alter the course of her Clan. Honor was a difficult topic to approach, and one much debated over by the Mando'ade among themselves: how could one hope to define such an abstract notion, and then somehow talk others into abiding by that definition? In the end, she realized that the Enclave's notion of honor was deeply, deeply flawed, and she no longer cared to sacrifice her own integrity in the name of an idea that no longer existed. Compromise was nothing more than a word used to justify reprehensible acts in the name of some greater good, and although it took her time to come to that realization, Jenn emerged wiser from this ordeal, as did her Clan.

And yet, it still hurt at times. Realizing that she had made herself and those who chose to follow her into outcasts. Renegades, to some, perhaps even traitors. A difficult path to thread, so very full of uncertainty... but one she chose to thread with her head held high. If only she could muster but half the dignity the Senator seemed to embody. Even now, she could only look upon her with something that went beyond awe itself. In spite of all that she had done, here stood the Galidraani, unflinching in her commitment to carry herself with all the august grace expected of her.

"Yes", the siren all but breathed out, her gaze so very lost in the depths of Natasi's eyes. When had they become so captivating to her? Had it been during the monarch's captivity within Tor Valum, when she found the sheer intensity of her ferocious feelings for that woman reaching what she thought was a peak? Or was it borne of the gradual realization that she had committed a great wrong in the name of something she could no longer recognize?

"I would not say I was blind to the degradation of my people. I refused to see it. It was weakness, for me to look away and pretend that things would get back to normal, that fighting in this war would preserve the dream of a place where my people could exist safely. I failed to realize that this cradle of our people was no longer worth protecting." Nothing could absolve her of what she had done. Although an admiral of the Enclave had given her the last-minute orders and redirected her pods, she had obeyed without question, killed without thought, and deployed unrelenting force against two politicians. Politicians with a certain amount of military background, to be sure, but... they were still diplomats, faced with someone who sought to embody all that it meant to be a hunter.

And her smile was beautiful, no matter how faint it may be, or stricken with a certain touch of melancholy. Natasi Fortan was worth admiring, even though the term did not feel quite right in her mind. It was becoming... more and more difficult for her to focus on the situation at hand, rather than its elegant messenger.

"I erred in the manner in which I chose to treat you... or how I chose to go about apprehending you and your colleague." Her gaze shifted to rest upon the place she had struck, her jetpack-assisted punch breaking the woman's nose and knocking out a few teeth - to say nothing of the dislocated jaw. Slowly did her gaze move to her own hand, her fingers closing to form a fist, as if she sought to reconcile what she had done beneath the embrace of her warrior's shell with the appearance she chose to adopt for the gala. An elegant dress and a tentative step towards embracing her own femininity did not make her a different person from the terrifying warrior Natasi had come to know her as. "I thought I could do things differently with Senator Organa. I thought that... because he did not hate us as you do, I could get through to him. Re-establish some measure of diplomatic channel. I was a fool to believe I could turn the Crusaders away from their warmongering."

And so she listened most carefully to the words uttered by the one she had so clearly wronged, somewhat taken aback by such a display of... well, she would not quite call it trust, but for Natasi to speak of her past to the one who had, as she so adequately put it, broken her face? That was certainly an unexpected, if welcome turn of events. Her heart skipped a beat when she realized the meaning behind the Galidraani's words: by her actions this night, perhaps she finally managed to accomplish her hopeless goal of laying down another stone by the wayside, another marker of Mandalorian integrity. A reminder that their culture was far from monolithic, and that some among them truly did understand that they held no right to conquest. At long last, had she finally brought about some measure of change, no matter how small?

Then, came the matter of what yet remained before then, and the fiery-haired siren cast down her gaze in shame, regret etched all over her surprisingly delicate features. Deserve was such an interesting word. Alicio Organa deserved to go home to his wife and children, Varys deserved a future, and, to her chagrin, Natasi deserved some measure of closure, and justice. If only she could give it to her.

"Of course not, your grace", answered the Mandalorian with naught but a whisper, her voice almost tender and vulnerable. Slowly mustering the will to meet her gaze once more, she focused on her breathing as best she could. "I deserve to be punished for my actions, just as you deserve closure for this... fiasco. But my people need me. They need my vision, so that I may fashion from our gathering of outcasts a Clan worthy of calling themselves Mando'ade, that they may know honor from glory."

There was a sad smile, then. One that only seemed to add to this odd look of longing and heartbreak.

"I don't imagine you will be satisfied by anything less than a lengthy imprisonment, your Imperial Majesty, and I swore I would sooner die than let myself be caged ever again. There are some fears even I cannot confront.

rXNlCx5.png

VVVDHjr.png
Wearing: XXX
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tags:
Ivalyn Yvarro Ivalyn Yvarro Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn Tahraqos Yvarro Tahraqos Yvarro
Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel Mia Monroe Mia Monroe Djonas Vile Djonas Vile

Rik Perris wasn’t the kind of guy that usually went to large celebrations - much less fancy ones - but for the second time in so many weeks he was on Naboo for yet another gala. The first time had been of his own volition, for a specific purpose that ended up not being fulfilled. This was of no concern, for the evening had not ended up being wasted. Though it had been a brief sliver of that night, the small amount of time he had with the not-so-Imperial blonde had made all the hassle worth it. She was the cause of his attendance, this time.

The biggest difference from a month before when he had last been on Naboo was that he was in a three-piece suit of classic black and white, accessorised with a green paisley silk vest, ascot tie, and pocket square; the suit of Galactic Alliance blue he had worn at the Winter Gala said little of who he was at the core, and he had made sure to tell Ivalyn as much the last time they had talked.

Ever since that Life Day conversation, it had been hard for the Corellian to wait for the day of this event to arrive. He had so much need to see the Dosuunian woman again, this time with her words that they would have more time exclusively in each others’ company on his mind. The mere thought of getting her alone had painted his thoughts with a measure of lust that set him to considering just what he might do if given the opportunity.

He’d waved off the herald, and entered the ballroom to no fanfare, being here for only one reason: to see one person. Making his way through the crowd, it wasn’t long until Rik heard Ivalyn's voice in conversation and followed the trail of its sound, but as he found Ivalyn, the back of her coming into view, he slowed to a momentary stop. She wasn’t alone… but for a brief sliver of time that was secondary to the sheer sight of her, his warm brown eyes tracing the lines of her bare neck, shoulders, and upper back, having the easy realisation that her dress would sit just as low in the front. He was going to want to remember everything, down to the tiniest possible detail.

“Ivalyn.” Rik spoke from behind her, her name nearly coming out as a statement as the last few paces brought him close enough to hover over her shoulder while Kurayami was talking to Ijaat… but he kept his hands to himself. He looked down at her with a muted smile and it took a small measure of will to not have his eyes drift further down from her face. “Sorry I’m late,” then his head lifted, eyes slipping from one face to the next, finding nothing familiar in any of them; he flicked a glance back to Ivalyn, “fans of yours?”

Naboo
div-orange.png
Outfit: Dress | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell

From one moment to another, the night had gone to chit. Valery was doing her best to check on the man that lay unconscious but still kept her focus on what was happening around her. Kahlil, of course, felt immensely sorry for what happened but it did little to calm Danger and Judah's son down. Understandably so, given what just happened

Though, when Makaii spoke up about Kahlil's father and the way he chose to handle the inappropriate behavior of the other Judah towards her, she did speak up, "The man he thought he punched isn't constantly harassing me for years. He made inappropriate comments to me in public setting in the past, and has been far too flirty whilst dodging conversation with my husband." She paused and let out a deep sigh, while her fiery gaze briefly flicked to her husband.

They were definitely talking about this with the two of them later.

"I'm not saying it was right or okay for him to punch your father, absolutely not. But he did it because he wanted to protect my honor. Because be believed that man just casually walked up to us after all of what happened." She offered Makaii an apologetic smile once more, and then continued, "All his father does is let his wife know he needs 90 others to be satisfied. Kahlil's respect for me, for his wife, is his own." That was the only thing she was saying regarding Carnifex. She otherwise ignored his presence entirely and shifted to support Judah.

It helped that Valery was immensely strong herself, especially as she allowed the Force to surge through her body. Even pregnant, she wasn't going to really need help to move Judah. "If you let me, I'll move him to the medbay here. It's quieter there, and we can do a check to make sure he'll be okay."

Once more she paused while she tried to keep the tears from her eyes and looked between Makaii and Danger, "I'm so sorry about this. I promise I'll do what I can to make things right. Whatever it takes." Unless stopped, she'd begin moving Judah, though not without briedly looking at her husband.

He had made a terrible mistake, but she would always love him.

Last edited:
"Apologies, Mr. Bloodborn," began Ivalyn, "no harm intended, rather Raqos and I speak to without knowing, clearly." She was usually woman enough to admit when she was wrong. "You'll certainly have to regale us with those tales at a later time." It was then that Ivalyn had checked the time, she nursed her flute of champagne. Raqos glanced her way and she told, "don't worry on my account, I'm a big girl, Raqos."

She knew the look well, it seemed as those he was just as worried as she was that she'd been stood up. If that were the case then she'd at least enjoy an evening with family. She hadn't been but a moment or two into nursing that said flute of champagne when Raqos inclined his head. She looked at him curiously, not wanting to get her hopes up. At least until she heard him, and then there he was right over her shoulder between Mr. Bloodborn and his friend Ijaat. "Well as they say, it is fashionable to late," Ivalyn swore her heart skipped a beat. Then he asked if she had fans, with a light bit of laughter she told him. "No, this is Mr. Kurayami Bloodborn, a friend of the family, and this," she gestured toward Raqos, "is my cousin, Raqos Yvarro. This is his father, Djonas Vile, and these are Mr. Bloodborn's friends, whose names I am at a disadvantage of knowing."

Raqos was polite enough to extend his hand out to Rik, although he eyed him suspiciously. Sized him up was more like it, although he was significantly younger than Ivalyn he was no less protective. "Why don't you and I," Ivalyn seeing how Raqos was looking at Rik, "find somewhere a little quieter, mhmm?" She linked her arm with Rik's and settled her flute of champagne on a roving tray. "I trust you to behave yourselves, Raqos, Mr. Bloodborn," she gave them both a knowing look as she guided Rik away from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom