Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction New beginning | The Eternal Empire

9SzwYCR.png

Attn: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim | Lucas Harvey-White | Ben Serrano Ben Serrano |Others

mW6qhRR.png
"Banshee"
Logistics Corps Unit 404
Wulfngard
Kalidan

As the group of rebel troops began to round the corner, Fimrati was already moving. Where before Ingrid could feel no active touch of the Force from the Twi'lek, now she could. It wasn't like a flare of power, but it was clearly acting with her intentions and will. She reacting to the Ultranaut's shots with reflexes that were just a hair too fast. Moving to her first target a little too quickly. Drawing and firing her pistol with a accuracy that any pro would envy. And that was just in dealing with the first of the dozen who approached.

Using the man's body as a shield after putting three slugs through his chest at point blank range, she transitioned from the pistol to her carbine with a instinctual fluid motion that soon had it braced against his body as the weapon gave it's distinctive blaster bark of firing, several bolts slamming into the next target. But there was one thing about Ultranaut armor that gave them a slight edge. The armor was designed to take a few blaster shots before failing. Which is why Fimrati had fired several bolts at the closest one to her. The enemy's own return fire slammed into the back of her impromptu shield proved it's effectiveness. She couldn't hold him up much longer, but the goal wasn't to carry him forever. it was about rushing the enemy with it until she could find more solid cover. Her count of kills of this group right away was 2, and she was still moving towards an alcove to use as cover.

dRUm20K.png

Curtis Learchin (Kessia Miran)
Chameleon, Knight Warden of the Wardens of the Shroud, Agent of Blackwatch, sithspawn, L’lerim’s right hand
6aF455F.png
Equipment: Tactical Turtleneck (looks like Curtis’s armor) | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit undersuit | Saberstaff | G1 OmniLink | Looks (yes, this time she is a he again)
Tag: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun | Open
dRUm20K.png

”Try to see things a little more positively, my love. There may be changes due to the coup so that it doesn’t happen again. If things get worse, they can only get more people to turn against them. I try to be optimistic.”

He grinned at the end for a few moments. He nodded that he was thinking of the regular Empress, Vyra Silara Vyra Silara . Curtis didn't know how much she was wrong, but Kessia did. For the sake of security, she could take on the form of either the Emperor or the Empress, if all that were needed. So she had to know the little details.

”Isn't she from Cattamascar? So she's not its queen? At least I remember that. Lanteeb recently joined the Empire only. But I never know exactly.”

The man asked, a little confused. Nonetheless, the Lanteeb was inhabited mainly by those who could not defend themselves, and last but not least, they voluntarily joined the Eternal Empire. As for the reinforcement, it sounded good. He didn't care who he was, just the point of being there. He nodded at Lori's words that they might be of help. But one more thing came to his mind.

”Then that sounds like a plan, my love. Only then will I hope we don't arrive late. I hope Arla agrees with us on that.”

wUV8259.png

QLHl5lI.gif

Ben Serrano

9SzwYCR.png

Equipment: Tactical Turtleneck with this look as Imperial Uniform and a Long Coat over that | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | A black lightsaber (hidden) | G1 OmniLink
Tag: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim | Open

dRUm20K.png
As Ben gave voice to his thoughts, he got what he expected, and even more. Ingrid didn’t only give him permission, but even guided him to the fastest route. That was all that Ben wanted to hear. So, as he had what he was looking for, he didn’t wait any longer. He bowed before the Reagent, nodded to the well dressed gentleman, and he entered the room behind them. He used the Force to find the secret passage, it guided the young disciple, and soon he was already in the Hangars. Somehow, it was empty, and this surprised the man. He felt that something was odd, so he moved carefully. And he wasn’t wrong to do so.

Before he could reach any vehicle, sudden shots were fired in his direction. But Ben was an adept user of the fifth form. Even if he was more of a Djem So user over Shien, defending against a few well aimed shots was easy for him. And still, he moved to cover while being fired as, because he was good, but not reckless. Once he was there, he used the force to make him fast, way faster than he should be. He used this swiftness, to dash through the hangar, and into the cockpit of a fighter. The first thing he did was to activate its shield. The second thing? He responded to the shots fired at him, blasting the rebels to dust.

“ Took out a couple of rebels who ambushed me in the hangar. They were well concealed, it is possible that they are equipped with good quality stealth-generators. On my way to the Red Library now in a fighter. Engaging enemy pilots on my way. “ As he was ordered, he reported to Ingrid, but he didn’t expect any response. And he had to concentrate, because he wasn’t an ace pilot, even if he had the general training, he had to rely on the Force in order to achieve his goal. He hated air combat, but it seemed like he had no other option. The planet was being bombed, the rebels were engaging the Empire’s pilots, and now Ben was one of those pilots. And he couldn’t rely on the radio, giving out orders with his rank, because the enemy was one of them, and already listened to their channels.

Lady Ingrid L’lerim-Ragal
Empress Regent of the Eternal Empire, Overlord of the Eternal Empire, the Emperor's hand
The Red Witch; Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
9SzwYCR.png
Equipment: 2x red blade lightsaber shoto | Gildenweave Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | G1 OmniLink
Tag: Ben Serrano Ben Serrano | Lucas Harvey-White | Fimrati Vailyippin Fimrati Vailyippin | QEMD-15 Echo QEMD-15 Echo | Open
dRUm20K.png

Ingrid was only surprised for a moment when she saw the twi’lek woman using Force. She didn't really expect that in a place like this, because whoever was a Force User was at the Psi Corps, or the Warden. However, this could not be said of the woman, she was wearing a Unit 404 uniform. Nevertheless, it was a very pleasant surprise. Ben, meanwhile, was already going where he wanted to go.

And the fight was here, Ingrid still didn't want to use a lightsaber, not least because she didn't give the rebels the pleasure of looking at them as such a dangerous opponent. With telekinetics, she flew another vibroblade to herself from the soldiers she had previously killed, and then swung in the direction of the arriving Ultranauts. As she walked towards them she was already throwing the two blades that were in her hands. She hit the neck of one with the other and the middle of the forehead of another with the other blade.

The soldiers opened fire, Ingrid avoided the shots with the help of the Force, and then arrived among them after a loop. Meanwhile, she noted with satisfaction that Fimrati had also killed several of the enemies. She ripped the vibroblades out of the two dead, then, while she was still down there squatting, cut the legs of two soldiers. As she cut their stomachs when she stood up, in the end she cut through the necks of both with the two dagger-sized weapons.

Her every move was precise and infinitely deadly. The red-hair woman is a perfectly trained assassin whose movements have been considered art. It was like a dance. The rebel soldiers may have now realized who they are facing. They moved at once so that the woman could not reach them easily. Half of the dozen rebel Ultranauts were already dead. Of the remaining six soldiers, one was still dealing with Fimrati, and the other five raised their guns to Ingrid, who this time really didn’t have time to respond to Ben Serrano Ben Serrano .

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

"I'm trying to be more positive, but sometimes it's just so hard. Especially when I feel so....cut off." She hadn't heard from her usual contacts in the Eclipse Rebellion for a while. It made her wonder if they were alive. Or perhaps they've gone deep underground until things have calmed down.

Now Lori was a bit confused. She was starting to mix planets up and that wasn't good. Perhaps it was due to the stress she was under. This was the first time in her life when she had so little downtime.

"Arla will be fine with it, Curtis. Especially as we shpuldn't be going about it alone. You know how protective she is." Lori gave Kessia Miran Kessia Miran a bit of a tired smile. She didn't sleep a lot lately and it was starting to show.

Chameleon, Knight Warden of the Wardens of the Shroud, Agent of Blackwatch, sithspawn, L’lerim’s right hand
6aF455F.png
Equipment: Tactical Turtleneck (looks like Curtis’s armor) | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit undersuit | Saberstaff | G1 OmniLink | Looks (yes, this time she is a he again)
dRUm20K.png

”You are tired and exhausted, you should rest, my love!”

The man scolded the girl gently. To tell the truth, Curtis hadn’t slept too much since the events started, but he wasn’t so tired yet, just hungrier. The shape-shifting cost a lot of energy, which was why he had to eat a lot anyway. He tried to do this in the greatest possible secret while he was here. He nodded at what Arla was like, a first-hand experience on their first meeting.

”Then sleep until we get to Lanteeb, I'll wake you up when we're there. Until then, I will stay here and watch for events and incoming calls. I'm more relaxed than you, my love. For me, those few hours until we arrive don’t matter, but for you all the more so.”

He hoped he could convince the girl to rest. Although she hadn't known Lori for too long, she hadn't seen him so scattered. Whatever it is, if he knows, it will set the ship’s itinerary to arrive at Lanteeb.

//OOC: Sorry for the short post, but I don't know if Lori goes to sleep after that or not.//
wUV8259.png

QLHl5lI.gif

Equipment: shruuk
Tags: Ben Serrano Ben Serrano

Nexus had his hands folded behind his back as he studied the information given. Hate that his world was under the empire though he may, they had valuable information and he wasn't going to let it go to waste. The library was an irritation to go into, but once he had access to their stores of knowledge who knows the extent to which he could further his skills. Unfortunately, they were extremely strict on who could go where. He could probably convince his way through, however that would put him at risk later on. He did manage to get access to some things however. Relating to the empire's tactics and strategy. That was valuable knowledge.

That time was limited however. He felt brewing chaos, and then its eruption. He growled angrily shutting down what he was studying and walking with long strides towards the exit. As he did his very body began to change, his limbs extending slightly but most importantly he was maximizing the amount of muscle his body had and the nerve connections. Intent on preparing his body for war. He reached his mind into the outside world, sure enough, battle had ensued.

He was stopped before exiting, he looked at them, "There's a war going on outside. You'll be too busy to search me." his words were said with utmost confidence as he continued walking and he bit into their minds telepathically. They weren't average people. But Nexus had been dealing with minds for decades. Manipulating minds for a matter of minutes a he began to run was not a serious issue.

Outside the base he felt them preparing for battle,
[Wake up.] he commanded Kashi telepathically. The creature was already wide awake and staring at the sky as the fighters flew, but its attention was pulled to him with the command. As he exited the building he pulled his sword to him feeling its power further invigorate him as he leapt through the air and landed on the dragons back.

He scowled in disgust as he saw that it was the empires own fighters causing issues. He felt the minds of others, finding allies and enemies. And one such ally was currently under attack by fighters as he made his way towards the Library, the dust flew off the ground as the wings of the dragon pushed it aside, sending the creature into the air with Nexus standing on it's back, his feet had grown to claw like appendages to hold on.

He could feel attention of some turn on him, mainly in confusion. The Eternal Empire had it's own creation of dragons Nexus knew. Similar in some ways. Still, these were not always something you saw. Certainly not with a strange humanoid on top. He reached out his hands gripping onto one of the fighters with the force while reaching into the minds of the nearby pilots,
"You have chosen to enter the skies against the Eternal Empire in the presence of the Vran'ti Vo Ni, Nexus Krae. And doing so. You have chosen death."

Kashi moved swiftly, rushing towards the rear of any nearby enemy ship. But most importantly making a somewhat more difficult target as Nexus reached out with the force, lightning flew from his hands towards one of them. Crackling and roaring as the pilot found the ship systems failing on him and threatening to plummet to the ground.

Nexus was a proud man. Arrogant beyond reason and self serving before all others. And yet even here he was filled with fear at the potential of death. It was that same fear that made Nexus strong, guided by a master many years ago, and then mastered over Nexus's lifetime to serve him. Fear was a strong emotion that could be just as corrupting and powerful as hate. And so he used it to his advantage.

Lori had to nod in agreement with Kessia Miran Kessia Miran . She was tired, she was exhausted. But there was always so much to do and so much going on lately.

And there was much for her to worry about too.

"Alright, I'll go to sleep. Having you here with me will probably help me relax." She leaned over and kissed him gently. Both Curtis and Arla were sure to wake her if anything went wrong. "Just don't let me sleep through anything." Lori hoped that he wouldn't let her sleep through the whole operation. But such a fear was probably only in her imagination.

Without another word she went off to climb into her bed and wrap herself inside of her blankets. It only took a few moments before she drifted off. Curtis really did make her feel calmer.

"Banshee"
Logistics Corps Unit 404
Wulfngard
Kalidan

Working her weapon with practiced skill, soon Fimrati and the Empress Regent had nearly cleared out the entire squad of troopers. Taking this moment as they attempted to reorganize themselves to account for the prowess of the Regent, sans one who was trying to keep Fimrati herself pinned down so they could better act. It didn't help as much as they thought, as she soon moved while they tried to reload their blaster, thinking Fimrati would take the time to wait and see, she instead charged them. drew her pistols and slid towards him, using her lower stance and position to tackle the trooper, and used his own weight as a shield while she pulled the trigger repeatedly into the man's stomach. It took several for the high caliber slugs to do their grisly work, the sound of the weapon being fired muffled by the suppressor mounted on the end of the barrel, and the fact that the trooper's body served as a second form of suppression. Once he stopped twitching, she rolled him off her.

Coming up to a kneel, she then began to focus on the next two targets, the clatter of the empty casings from her pistols landing to either side of her as she emptied slug after slug into her two chosen targets. The pair she'd picked soon fell to their wounds, both the ones from repeated taking impacts to their armor and those few slugs which did end up in their bodies. Only three left and the snap of the slide on one pistol locking back into the 'empty' state made her focus on only one next, going until her other pistol clicked into empty as well, but her target remained standing. Which she didn't mind, since she shoved over pistols into their holsters as she grabbed her carbine and fired into the man, aiming for the sections her slugs had weakened.

dRUm20K.png

Lady Ingrid L’lerim-Ragal
Empress Regent of the Eternal Empire, Overlord of the Eternal Empire, the Emperor's hand
The Red Witch; Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
9SzwYCR.png
Equipment: 2x Sigra vibroblade | 2x Striith vibrosword | 2x red blade lightsaber shoto | 2x red blade lightsaber shoto | Gildenweave Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | G1 OmniLink
Tag: Ben Serrano Ben Serrano | Lucas Harvey-White | Fimrati Vailyippin Fimrati Vailyippin | QEMD-15 Echo QEMD-15 Echo | Open
dRUm20K.png

As the soldiers turned to the red-haired woman, fortunately she had help because Fimrati was also there to help. She was already sure that the woman had handled her weapon well and was well targeted, because soon most of the soldiers were already wounded or just dead. The remaining three who were surprised by Fimrati's action were killed by Ingrid. With quick, gentle and perfect cuts, they would have deserved worse, but unfortunately nothing could be perfect. In the end, she cut off the throats of those still dying so that their blood would not splash on the woman, however.

”We're done with that, head on to the control room!”

Ingrid told the woman and walked forward. Took an assault rifle from one of the dead, it might come in handy. Meanwhile, now she finally had time to reply to her disciple, Ben Serrano Ben Serrano as well. They just had a very little respite.

”If necessary, because your codes aren’t reliable enough, let me know and forward my own code to make sure they don’t shoot you.”

In the next few corridors, which she could hopefully do with Fimrati Vailyippin Fimrati Vailyippin and Lucas Harvey-White, typically only dead soldiers could be found, probably the loyalists who gave their lives. There were traces of shots on the walls everywhere, the place soaked in blood. But eventually they got to the part where the personal offices of the STRATCOM leaders were also the control room. Ingrid was the first to go into her own office, which was also open to her because of her code cylinder. She only stayed for a few moments, everything inside seemed untouched, so she flew her weapons into her hands from the table with telekinetics. From here, too, everyone could hear that there were still fights at the control room, which was a corridor away.

”Are you ready to retake the control room? If so, let's get started!”

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Last edited:
6aF455F.png
dRUm20K.png

”Very good! When we get there, I wake you up, my love!”

He promised her. He reciprocated the kiss, and then when Lori went to sleep, he continued to watch the news of HoloNet, staying where he had been and reading on. And the ship raced in hyperspace toward the planet Lanteeb. Because they weren’t too close, it took quite a few hours for Jaster’s Sparrow to arrive near the planet and exit hyperspace.

There wasn’t even much data needed here, because you could immediately see with the naked eye that the Loyalists and the Eternal Truth were really fighting each other, just as the surface of the planet was under bombing. Truth be told, he wasn’t surprised by this, but it’s really possible that it will come in handy for him. At least in terms of how easy it will be to disappear. And the rebels have a lot of work to do here.

Since they had arrived and promised to wake Lori, she went to her room and tried to gently and carefully to wake her up. If he succeeded, he also put a kiss on her forehead before speaking.

”We arrived, my love! You didn’t miss anything, everything was completely calm.”

wUV8259.png

QLHl5lI.gif

Lori couldn't remember what her dream was about when Kessia Miran Kessia Miran had woken her up. She took in a deep breath while she stretched after he had kissed her forehead.

"That's good to hear. How does it look out there?" Lori didn't hear any alarms, so she was sure that they weren't exactly flying into battle. Either they were at a safe distance away or there beforehand. Lori was going to find out soon enough.

She slid out of bed and yawned a little. "Just need a bit of caf while we suit up. Then I'll be good to go!" Sometimes that was all it took to get her ready to fight the good fight.

6aF455F.png
dRUm20K.png

”Same as what we read and saw on many other planets on Holo Net, fighting in space and bombing. So I’m pretty sure, my love, that there are fights on the surface as well. Not to mention those in need of rescue and help.”

After that, he went further away, letting the girl get dressed, Curtis nodded at the mention of the coffee.

”Fresh coffee is already waiting in the cockpit, it was recently finished. We will soon be within shooting distance and we will also need to find a route where we can reach the atmosphere and then the surface.”

He smiled briefly, later he paused for a moment, then walked out, stopped at the door, looked back at her.

”I'll wait for you in the cockpit.”

That's all he said, then he left the room and went back to the cockpit. Here he set out to find some route by which they could safely get to the planet. This was also in his best interest at the moment, as he could not steer the ship onto an Eternal Imperial ship and just said that she was the right hand of the Empress Regent, as they did not even know her/his existence. So it was left to reach the planet.

wUV8259.png

QLHl5lI.gif

Lori nodded as Kessia Miran Kessia Miran gave her the report of what was going on out there. At least they had a few moments to spare.

She grabbed her armour and started to get dressed, finding herself smiling a little that Curtis had already made her some caf. Lori loved that he was so attentive of her. It wasn't often that they were around eachother for so long, so she enjoyed it while she could. Maybe one day he'd stay for good, yet she couldn't count on it right now. She didn't really count on anything but Arla.

Her mind went through different scenarios. It was better for them to save as many people as they could. The Jaster's Sparrow couldn't hold many, but even one person saved was better than none.

Lori finished and entered the cockpit, taking the caf in hand and sipping on it as she sat down in her chair. The first sip was always the best, so she let it linger before speaking up. "What'd the game plan? Have we got our route in?"

6aF455F.png
Equipment: See Bio
Tags: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun | Kessia Miran Kessia Miran

Curtis had been gone a while.

He'd spent time searching for more artifacts, hoping he could discover something that might tip the scales in the Rebellion's favour. Unfortunately he found nothing, so he decided he'd surprise Lori with his return. He already had the Jaster's Sparrow's signature in his nav computer, it was a simple task of jumping to her location.

"She's gonna be mad, should not have disappeared like that" Curtis muttered to himself, activating the hyperdrive and watching as the blue streaks raced past his cockpit window. Pressing the comms, he decided to send a message ahead, hoping Arla would get it first.

::This is Curtis, sorry I left for so long, but I'm heading your way. Don't tell Lori::

He wished he could be at her side sooner, but that message was the best he could do right now. Besides, the surprise might be welcome.

6aF455F.png
Tag: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun | Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin | Open
dRUm20K.png

Curtis was still busy with how and where they could reach the atmosphere and the surface when Lori arrived in the cockpit. However, the man only looked up when she finally spoke up and asked her something. He scratched the back of his neck for a moment and was really glad that Lori was a very good pilot, better than him. He actually found three places as to how this could be done.

”Well, I found three places, my love. One is on the other side of the planet around the Equator, there is less oversight. In addition, the two Arctic. Of course you are the better pilot, you know which one is more feasible.”

Here he smiled kindly at the girl. He then pressed a few buttons to show the options the computer had released and he had calculated. There were great battles around the planet, everyone attacked everyone. It might have been easier to get through with a fighter. But now they didn't have a ship like that.

”I could have judged these to be safer, but you know this better, not to mention my love that you’re the pilot. I’d rather just tell me how not to get in the way so I don’t bother you.”

Meanwhile, he sat away from the captain’s chair to sit back to his usual place so that Lori could take back the captain's chair, which was hers right anyway.

wUV8259.png

QLHl5lI.gif

Lori chewed the inside of her cheek as she listened to Kessia Miran Kessia Miran relay his options. Two poles or the other side of the planet. Hmmm....

She smirked a little before having another sip of her caf and setting it down before taking over the controls of Jaster's Sparrow. "We'll take the route of the equator and use the planet to hide our approach. A few micro jumps outta get is in the clear of these fleets and then we'll make our way across through the atmosphere." It made sense to her. Most people fly into battles head on, but she was taking a different route. It was much better to do the unexpected.

While 'Curtis' and Lori were busy in the cockpit, Arla was preparing their weapons, making sure that each blaster had fully charged cells and securing some detonators and flashbangs for their belts. They just couldn't be too prepared.

After the micro jumps were calculated and imputed into the navcom, the message from Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin came through: ::This is Curtis, sorry I left for so long, but I'm heading your way. Don't tell Lori::

Lori froze as she heard it. Normally it was Arla in the cockpit, something that Curtis was sure to count on. But not this time. She turned her head slowly to look at what could very well be an imposter. And not just any imposter. But HER. "...How long? How long have you taken his place?" Oh by the Force, if it really was the imposter all of this time...then they had KISSED! KISSED! Lori didn't know if she should be sick or pissed off. Either way, she didn't feel good.

Ben Serrano

9SzwYCR.png

Equipment: Tactical Turtleneck with this look as Imperial Uniform and a Long Coat over that | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | A black lightsaber (hidden) | G1 OmniLink
Tag: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim | Krae Krae | Open

dRUm20K.png
Ben was not sure that using Ingrid’s code wouldn’t make an even bigger target out of him, so he didn’t ask for it. Instead, he tried to survive with every single breath he took. He knew that he hated space combat, but didn’t feel it, simple because he didn’t allow himself to feel anything. He needed a clear mind, so he could focus, and use the Force, that was helping him in this situation. He didn’t trust it, but he had to rely on it.

Ben saw a man riding on a dragon, but the Force suggested that he doesn’t care about him. But the common sense of Ben suggested that he doesn’t care about the Force suggesting not to care about a Dragonrider. So Ben cared very much indeed, even more so when he saw that the rider was actually taking out his enemies. He wanted to contact him, but he didn’t know the necessary force skill, so he just flew towards the Library. He didn’t really care if he could thank the man, or not. The most important thing was to reach the library, contact the guards, and start defending it.

Although it wasn’t easy to do so, even as the shield was shut down, meaning that it wasn’t defending the Library. This at least gave Ben a clear point to start, as it should be his top priority now, to raise that. He looked back, to see how the dragonrider was doing. Not because he cared, but he had to know if there are fighters behind him, trying to take him out, or if he can safely land. Because he was getting close to doing so.

“ The shield above the Library is offline, I will make it my top priority to turn it on. I believe the planetary shields are turned off in various places as well. I was engaged with air combat, but a man riding a dragon helped me out with the pilots. I believe him to be an ally of us. “ He reported to Ingrid, as ordered.

Equipment: shruuk
Warbeast: Kashi
Tags: Ben Serrano Ben Serrano

The dragons fire engulfed one of the fighters as they turned towards him as the creature lifted into the air but kept the flame running causing the fighter to pass beneath the dragon as they recklessly kept firing. Its claws gripped the fighter, causing both to spin in the air as Kashi tore the roof off of it and then the pilot in its deathly grip crushing them in its grip.

Nexus held his arms out wide as a smile emerged on his face, he could feel fear, he could feel uncertainty, especially as the blasters hit Kashi's wing, causing it to roar and turn to face them without Nexus's order flying towards them now. Against heavy fighters, Kashi would be the wrong choice. His scales made him incredibly hard to damage with energy based weaponry, but some heavier fighters had blasters strong enough to do the job.

Make them know what terror is like. Ben Serrano Ben Serrano had made his way past and towards the library. Good. More blaster fire, then two missiles. Nexus turned his attention to the fighters, reaching his hand out and swept it to the side causing the missiles to turn their course into another fighter before erecting a barrier between the fighters and Kashi as the beast chased down another fighter. Most pilots would not be used to dealing with something like this. The dragon couldn't speed up as fast as the ships could, but he could move in ways they had more difficulty doing. And add onto that that getting anywhere close risked being made blind by the engulfing fire, and then getting caught by the claws. Nexus atop it all, turning weapons and being the attacking power at range.

He wanted to make a show, make them afraid to go for the library. The library's forces were out now, fighters and turrets aiding him. It was time to show strength as a final warning. Nexus reached out with telekinesis, gripping the engines of two of the fighters and clenching that grip, causing them to crush and destabilize. One set fire nearing explosion, the other simply plummeted as their thrusters provided no more aid.

That would have to be enough. He had no interest in wasting more energy dealing with this. Kashi and him turned away, darting towards the ground in a dive allowing Nexus to leap from the dragon who remained behind him on the ground watching the sky. Watching to ensure that if any did come by foot, he would be their demise. A massive, firebreathing beast, all to eager to eat, incinerate, or crush whatever came forwards.

Meanwhile Nexus leapt off. Looking to see where the pilot had gone. Might as well meet him there. Nexus did not have an active communicator on him he trusted to work with Eternal Empire forces. Sure, telepathy was easy. But it would disturb allied minds that were not used to it potentially, which could cause more issues.

Ben Serrano Ben Serrano should have been able to get to landing easily with Nexus drawing attention, and then the Library's own fighters and defenses taking off to defend it. The pilots mind, he would speak to that. He seemed to have a goal, and therefor if Nexus helped that goal he helped the Eternal Empire. And that would help him. "Do not shield your mind from me, I am Nexus Krae of Vran'Ti. I do not trust that my communicator is encrypted sufficiently given your forces seem to have turned against you. Think your response like it were spoken aloud and I shall hear it." This was of course assuming Ben Serrano hadn't guarded his mind from telepathy. There were times before that was an issue. Most of the Vran that Nexus worked with were fine at receiving, but did not like giving information they did not choose clearly. However, he was aware the Eternal Empire had unusual methods. They might try and teach their people to refuse reception of telepathy as well.

6aF455F.png
Equipment: See bio
Tags: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun | Kessia Miran Kessia Miran

An odd sense of foreboding came over Curtis as he watched the streaks of light pass him by. He didn't expect to hear back from Arla, his message wasn't one that you really respond to, but at the same time it felt strange not to hear anything at all. Not even a ping to confirm. Maybe he was overreacting, but he couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right.

But rather than try to send another message via the comms, he tapped into the Force bond he and Lori had been cultivating, closing his eyes tightly. It had been a while, so whether the message got through clearly or not was still up for debate, but it was worth a shot.

"Lori, it's Curtis. I'm heading to your location. Get back to me if you can."

As he opened his eyes, his ship finally exited hyperspace. The Sparrow would be nearby, but Curtis wanted to keep his distance for the moment. He still wanted his arrival to be a little surprising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom