Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Kashi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beast Companion NPC Template 3.0

7f6a5ff358ac2401b8c7d33faeaf7e62.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PHYSICAL INFORMATION

• Force Sensitivity:Non-Force User

• Species: Shgurak (Vran’Ti sky Dragon) (quoted some pieces here for ease of use)

• Appearance: A massive winged lizard like creature. Kashi has sand colored ridged scales which allow him to blend in well with rocky sands. He’s a creature of terrifying proportions, especially when he gets close and one realizes how big he is. He’s 9 meters tall and 25 meters long, and built for battle making him one of the larger of their kind.
SOCIAL INFORMATION

• Name: Kashi

• The Sand Dragon

• AKA: The Vran’ti Vo Ni’s war beast

• Loyalties: Nexus Krae

• Notable Possessions: Saddle with satchels fitted around the torso. May have additional seats.

• Personality: Kashi is an incredibly aggressive creature who obeys Nexus due only being forced into submission by him. He’s a stubborn creature that even now may require the forceful hand of the Vran’ti Vo Ni to keep him at bay. Kashi does not befriend others like most, and may be considered a type of companion to Nexus, but not a friend or pet. He is obedient to him, but no one else. And Kashi is very willing to attack things ten times his size. He’s a hunter and a fighter by nature, and in a sense is to himself a king.
COMBAT INFORMATION

• Combat Function:

• Essentially a living flying tank that can be summoned, ordered, or ridden, by Nexus Krae.
Strengths:

• Intelligent: Shguraks are alarmingly intelligent. And actively consider potential threats, learning quickly from previous ones. They have even proven themselves capable of understanding some languages and social cues of sentient races, as well as some understanding of how to use tools or weapons such as dropping stones or fighting each other using trees.

• Camouflage: Kashi can blend in with dessert locations fairly well, especially rocky desserts.

• Scales: A Shguraks body is covered in scales and horns which make it incredibly resistant to physical damage, but especially to energy based weaponry. Or, more often, the fire produced by other Shguraks. It is immensely hard to damage a Shgurak with heat or energy as their bodies are built to withstand it. It is these same scales that make them resistant to lightsabers even to some extent. Kashi has particularly dense layers of scales that make him especially harder to break.

• Power: A shgurak is very large, and as a result, immensely powerful. Their wings allow them to fly great distances, and can even permit them to sleep while in the sky. A mere flap of the wings is potentially enough to send most humanoid creatures flying if they don't have a strong enough way to stay grounded. Additionally it’s swipes of its claws and tail can deal pretty heavy damage. Kashi is particularly notable in this and when it comes to raw strength he’s much greater then most others of his kind.

• Fire: Shguraks spit a very flammable liquid from their mouth in a similar way to some spit glands, in their case it can reach around 70 meters before it either has to be ignited or it’ll just spray, or it simply reaches the distance in which it is truly efficient. A dragon ignites it by vibrating two mineral like pieces in its mouth together which heat up and spark the liquid.

• The hunt: Most Dragons will dive to get their food. Picking on things big enough to provide some sustenance, scarfing them down, then finding another. Others prefer the fish which are very plentiful in the seas, the dragons can close their nostrils and will find and dive down picking up easy mouthfuls of fish at a time before going on.

• Claws: A dragons claws are actually very sharp, strong,and incredibly durable and can take immense amount of power to destroy. They make for excellent tools when hunting prey as they can grab things with all four when attacking from the sky.

• Aggressive: Kashi has very little fear of anything. He is an incredibly aggressive dragon and anything form Jedi to a starfighter that ventured into the atmosphere he considers all prey. He will happily tear at one or try and incinerate it if not stopped by Nexus.
Weaknesses:

• Food: A dragon requires an immense amount of food, almost entirely comprised of meat. As a result they can prove difficult to feed unless left to their own devices. Domesticated dragons as a result are almost exclusively held by the wealthy

• Independence: If Kashi were left alone long enough he would undoubtedly go back to his wild aggressive ways obeying no one. Nexus keeps him under his strict control however to prevent this.

• Visible: It can be hard to hide a dragon without considerable cover. And even if you could, unless the dragon has been very well trained, its breathing or the sound of it moving can alarm most creatures, and the smell of the chemical it uses to produce flame often sets off alarms in creatures that recognize the smell.

• Cold: A dragon can resist cold for awhile, however time in any temperature below 14.4 degrees celsius and it will begin to slip into hybernation. If a dragon is exposed to freezing temperatures for even 15 minutes it can cause it to suffer extreme pain and even may perish. This hibernation is also a tendency during the winter when it would be too difficult for a dragon to leave their groups. Rather they will often go into a sleep with at least another three dragons, occasionally letting out breaths of flame to keep one another warm when they began to get too cold.

• Proof of power: While Kashi was initially forced into submission, he retains a continued stubbornness even of Nexus. However, that stubbornness is far worse for others. And even if someone was more powerful then Nexus it might not convince him to obey them in his place.

• Dragon vs ship: While dragons are dangerous creatures and can take on some fighters in individual combat. They aren't the most viable option against heavily armed fighters. They are best for being used against ground forces or ships with low or mediocre offensive weaponry. They would also most certainly be vulnerable to areal assaults overhead, as their wingspan would be larger then that of a normal fighter resulting in an easier target.

• Animal control: This is an aspect that is actually not easy for even powerful force sensitives. While Nexus himself does use this, it’s partially because he’s had to repeat the process over and over again with aid of physical power that he manages to force the creature to obey his thoughts. Those who have not convinced the dragon of that would fall a bit short of being able to command him.

• Illusions: Shguraks could be deceived by sensory illusions, as they do not typically have the intelligence to realize they are false, or even if they know something is wrong, it's unlikely that they believe it's an illusion and not just a mistake on their part.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Kashi was a traveling dragon. He would hide under and around near the sandy mountains, awaiting prey, then lashing out at them with his immense size and ferocity. The creature had been causing issues with Vo Ni traveling overhead on their own Shguraks, as it was hard enough to force even a common one into obedience. Let alone one of such size and power behind him. Nexus found this to be a good sign of a challenge, and so as Vran’Ti Vo Ni he challenged the reign of the Sand Dragon plaguing traveling Vo Ni. Their fight was not as short as the Sith Lord would have hoped, he was not yet at the power he would gain later. But, the creature eventually fell to his strength. Tired out after hours and hours of battle with the man trying to press it into submission. Wounds would take time to heal, but the creature was defeated.

And yet, week after week, he had to prove to it again that he was stronger then it was. Years of this went on. Again and again Nexus drilled into the creature that he was the superior. Until it was obedient enough to him he could finally efficiently use it as a war beast. The creature became a staple of the Vran’ti Vo Ni’s presence after having taken down so many other dragons and their Vo Ni on its own. Now, it was a sign of power. Evidence that with a swipe of his hand, a command of his voice, he could release the creature upon a target. And it would willingly destroy them.

And yet, he held it back most of the time. For proof of power meant more then having the ability to destroy, but holding back those who could, merely to ensure a little more efficiency. Only further cementing the strength of the Vran’ti Vo Ni

[member="Nexus Krae"]

Hey there! First of all, I love me some dragon lore, and Kashi sounds wonderful, despite his stubbornness :D I'm also impressed by the attention you've given his weaknesses -that is some superb fleshing out.

There are only two things we need to take care of before I can approve this, and both things are of the technical vein -

Image Credit:I was unable to find any origin for it. I found it on Pinteres, apparently here: Fantasy : Creature and Entity
I don't see the image in the link you've provided. Sometimes Pinterest can be tricky like that - but I've reversed searched the image for you and found it here. If you could replace the hyperlink with that, it'd be great :)

Power: A shgurak is very large, and as a result, immensely powerful. Their wings allow them to fly great distances, and can even permit them to sleep while in the sky. A flap of the wings will easily send human sized beings flying as it requires a lot of force to lift a creature of its size of the ground.
This strength, within itself, is fine, but I need you to edit the wording just a bit. "A flap of the wings will easily send human sized beings flying as it requires a lot of force to lift a creature of its size of the ground" is using absolutely language, but on Chaos, writers can choose which and how much damage/effect to take from others rather than the other way around. The sentence can still say that the flap of wings is strong but instead of "will easily send humans sized beings flying", it should be something along the lines of "will potentially send human sized beings flying with relative ease." or "might easily send human sized beings flying". You don't need to use the exact sentence I offered, but something in that vein should be there regardless.

That's it! Once those two are taken care of I can get this wonderful submission approved. Please tag me back once the edits have been made :)

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]
Thanks! I really enjoyed coming up with something that was just a little more unusual. Though it does resemble some lore I've found on Nightsisters and rancors I noticed.

Alright, changed the picture link (thanks!)

Also I've reworded the "flap of the wings" part to essentially say that it has the force required, but that it'd only apply if there wasn't a way to stay grounded, and left the how to stay grounded un-specified so people can do what they want with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom