Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Need Mandalorian Criticism for my Armor!

Milla Kryst

Might Just Change Your Life
HxHPyAv.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create Milla's personal armor
  • Image Source: I own the image
  • Canon Link: Mandalorian Armor
  • Permissions: (Please link any Marketplace purchase approvals or other permissions to use other Writer’s submissions as part of the submission)
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: (Kuat Drive Yards, BlasTech Industries, [Character Name], etc. Please ensure you link these accordingly.)
  • Affiliation: Milla
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: Milla Beskar'gam
  • Modularity: MM9 Rocket system can use different mini-rockets, Power Cell can be swapped, Underclothes are technically optional
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Beskar, Duranex, Duranex, Ceraglass, Solarium Glasteel,
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: (Anti-Blaster, Anti-Ballistic, Multipurpose, Other)
  • Weight: (Please choose a weight between Extreme, Very Heavy, Heavy, Average, Light, Very Light and Weightless.)
  • Resistances: (For each category choose from: None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, Extreme. Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration.) Resistance Ratings Extreme will require the submission to be Semi-Unique. This Resistance Rating is considered very strong and are usually dealing with unique items that should be restricted to Player Characters only.
    • Energy: (And other Blaster type weapons) How much protection does the armor provide against this type of damage?
    • Kinetic: How much protection does the armor provide against this type of damage?
    • Lightsabers: How much protection does the armor provide against this type of damage?
    • Other: How much protection does the armor provide against this type of damage? (Examples: Sonic, EMP/ION, Elemental. You must disclose each specific type that applies to this submission with its own rating.)
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission. Any resistance ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration.)
WEAKNESSES
  • (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.)(If your armour is vulnerable to specific types of attack (e.g. Ion/EMP/Lightsabers) please list these here)
DESCRIPTION
Milla worked with the Death Watch Crusaders Forge Masters and a few other companies to figure out the best kind of armor that suited her combat style. She wasn't very knowledgeable on the subject of armor, but she had an idea of what she wanted. Something akin to a jack-of-all-trades, she wanted the armor to withstand most forms of damage.... at least to defend against the first strike. But she also needed something to help in space and severe environments, so that she could withstand most harsh conditions and be able to move through space, the latter she realizing early on in her new career when she found out using oxygen canisters as thrusters were dangerous when you have little oxygen to begin with. However, it had to also be a signature for her family. Not just unique to her style, but it had to make sense for a Mandalorian armor. Many components aren't actually for the maximum benefit, but just to boost something otherwise overlooked. Such as the BioGel, which is mainly for hard landings to hopefully protect her from breaking bones. Most of the Vambrace systems having to do with computers and terminals were very important, as Milla knows little to nothing about electronics, and needed to make sure the suit would do everything she needed, for her, as she knew she wouldn't always have a droid or a partner to help her out.

Hey guys! Trying to make Milla's official Beskar'gam, and I was hoping everyone might be able to pitch in something, anything, really. I don't want this armor perfect at all, it's supposed to be unique or special, special to Milla. An example is it uses old-style Mandalorian features, and even uses a jump pack instead of a full jet pack. But it needs survivability. Have an idea for some goofy or unique tech that doesn't really make the armor advantageous, but is different and still accomplishes good things? Awesome! But in the end, this needs to be real Mandalorian armor, and I want to make it as good as possible. Not just some random armor, but Mandalorian Beskar.

Any criticism is welcome, and suggestions are appreciated. Please, more the merrier!

Link to the Submission with Current Edits

Edit: For ideas, Milla will be head of her own Clan, Clan Kryst. Her Clans symbol is a Spider.

Last edited:
ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ
First thing I would suggest is a Flash Guard Visor, Which works just like flashgoggles in the sense that the visor's coating will automatically darken or become more opaque depending on light levels, Protecting your vision from the rapidly changing light conditions of an active battlefield or even attempts to straight up blind you.

Other nifty things might include a chain code embedded into the breastplate like boba fett, An annunciator for speaking(not a hard requirement but I usually add them for immersion),
IFF transponder,
Durasteel toed boots,
Laser reflective coating so your beskar can literally make bolts bounce! (I just find it funny, But maybe you can practice angling to ricochet bolts back at people lmao)
Vambrace projected Stun Net so you can catch people and give them sassy one liners about being caught in your spider's web ;) and\or a grappling line for the same purpose.

And All-Temperature cloak for immersion and cold environments since your design features a cape
Aaaannd
"Hissing ghost" kunai launchers built into one or both of the gauntlets? A little something I made back in the day because who doesn't like kunai? And who doesn't love firing them from your wrists?!

Milla Kryst

First thing I would suggest is a Flash Guard Visor, Which works just like flashgoggles in the sense that the visor's coating will automatically darken or become more opaque depending on light levels, Protecting your vision from the rapidly changing light conditions of an active battlefield or even attempts to straight up blind you.

Other nifty things might include a chain code embedded into the breastplate like boba fett, An annunciator for speaking(not a hard requirement but I usually add them for immersion),
IFF transponder,
Durasteel toed boots,
Laser reflective coating so your beskar can literally make bolts bounce! (I just find it funny, But maybe you can practice angling to ricochet bolts back at people lmao)
Vambrace projected Stun Net so you can catch people and give them sassy one liners about being caught in your spider's web ;) and\or a grappling line for the same purpose.

And All-Temperature cloak for immersion and cold environments since your design features a cape
Aaaannd
"Hissing ghost" kunai launchers built into one or both of the gauntlets? A little something I made back in the day because who doesn't like kunai? And who doesn't love firing them from your wrists?!
Thank you, thank you!

A couple things;

Acumen Helmet System has Polarized Anti-Flash Lenses and an Annunciator!
Chain Code is definitely one I'll add, along with IFF Transponder, Durasteel-toed Boots, and Laser Reflective Coating!
Stun Net and Hissing Ghost are cool, but I already have my vambraces way loaded! Dart Launchers, hacking devices,display pads, rocket system, and grappling spike launcher

I think an All-Temperature Cloak would be great, but the armor will probably have a lot of high defenses, so I might wear the cloak separately, since it is also just a separate cape. Thank you so much!

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Milla Kryst Milla Kryst - Oh no. Your art is a beautiful thing! Love it to death. Keep it, love it, use it. Hella sick. 10/10. ;D

I was more so speaking from a conceptual and cultural design of the armors from a writer's stand point. Ex:

3TElE9a.jpg

Here's an approved Lucasfilm concept still of a group of Mandos all gathered around like a tribe. Note the personalized color patterns, similarities in forearm and knee tech, helm targeting antennas, and straps on the back of the gent in the foreground for a jetpack. This image defined to the artists and designers at Lucasfilm what the core concepts of a Mando tribe would look like from a presentation stand point. It got the passing seal of approval for 'core' Mando.

So. If you've nailed all this. (Which you most certainly have.) Then you are already rocking 'core' Mando. You're 10/10. Nailing it. :D

That's my 2 cents. You've got this in the bag. Love it.

Milla Kryst

Jsc Jsc

Yeah, I didn't go for a 'modern-ish' look (Even though modern has been the norm for 900 years), I went for a mix of modern and old style. Truth be told, the artist never drew mandalorian armor before, but yeah.... I think it came out perfect. It was everything I wanted. It's unique to the Mandalorian wearing it. It's a bit of an homage to Death Watch Crusade, where we want to make a good mix of the old traditions with some modern concepts. That's what I've done to my armor.

Less is more.

Include what you think you'll write and what will benefit your entertainment not your chances for winning a fight (because nothing you put in a sub, no matter how beneficial, is going to give you an advantage in an arena of words). Throwing all of this into your sub is probably fine, and it certainly won't hurt to have all of this at your disposal, but maybe try to avoid falling into the trap that so many Mandalorian characters tend to eventually dip into - becoming the Batman of Star Wars with a tool in your belt for literally every occasion. Most Mandalorians in both legends and canon tended to have a limited set of tools at their disposal at a given time, I think most writers tend to forget that when they make a design that combines every tool that Jango, Boba, and the rest of them had across every book they were featured in.

And maybe to play off the whole Spider deal, maybe an emphasis on wires and grappling hooks and the like? Just an idea.

Reactions: Jsc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom