Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech S-30 "Retention" Anti-Disruption System

Status
Not open for further replies.
erikas-perl-dino.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To sub a countermeasure to Disruptors.
  • Image Source: Here.
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Disruptor
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Jaeger Solutions
  • Affiliation: Open Market
  • Model: S-30 "Retention" Anti-Disruption System
  • Modularity: N/A
  • Production: Mass Produced
  • Material: Durasteel │ Various Electronic Components │ De-Ionizer
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Armor Component
  • Weight: Very Light
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: None
    • Kinetic: None
    • Lightsabers: None
    • Other:
      • Disruptors: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Capable of Stopping 'Disintegration' through Disruptor Technology
  • Built In Capacitor Network
  • System Integration
STRENGTHS
  • Retention -
    • There is only one thing that the S-30 "Retention" Anti-Disruption System does, and that is to stop the all together too powerful nature of a Disruptors shot. Where as a usual target would face a single one of these rounds, and disitegrate into nothing - the S-30 allows a Disruptor bolts energy to hit with all the force of an overcharged Blaster Bolt; without all that extra ash. It can do this many times over without the use of a shield, and that makes it an exceptional utility on the battle field.
WEAKNESSES
  • Design Flaw -
    • While the original hope was to make the system easily clipped onto a belt, there is no way Jaeger technicians were able to achieve this with a product that stood up to their testing criteria. Eventually, it was determined that the system could not be implaned into existing armors, but only that designed from the ground up to contain it - meaning retrofitting an armor was extremely difficult, if nigh impossible.
  • Christmas Sweater -
    • While there is no technical limit to the rounds the S-30 can take, it should be noted that an excess of the rounds can cause the armor to begin to overheat; and even begin to fail off sheer energy alone. This would require a vast amount of disruptor rounds, or exceptionally powerful ones at that - but it can still be done. Many an operator has fallen to sustained disruptor fire despite their phrik armor casing.
DESCRIPTION

After a string of disruptor related deaths internally, Jaeger Solutions began to see a defensive measure that could stop the all too powerful nature of the Disruptor. Something that could work without the need of a personal shield - even if Jaeger had the Vishnu yet. Their conclusion became the S-30 "Retention" Anti Disruption System, an inbuilt armor addition that kept ones life, and armor, together for a while longer.
Working through a set of thin sensors put inbetween the various plates of the armor, it works by setting a current to the outside of the armor. When a highly overcharged block of tibanna gas is detected by the electrical surges, the system begins to flood that area with electricity. An onboard prediction system waits until the bolt hits, and when it does all electrical current is forced into the nearest ground - usually through the feet, but can be done through a quick 'heat release' through the armor itself; though it looks more like the armor is overheating than anything. This process turns the 'overcharge' of the Disruptor round into little more than a standard blaster bolt - helping to keep the person inside alive for a little longer on the battlefield.
Knowing all this however, Jaeger realized that process of doing this would inevitably make their own Disruptors out of fashion. Knowing that was a poor business move, the engineers released a quick update - making it so that the S-30 was able to detect the micro differences between the charges of Jaeger Disruptors like the 'Inferos', to others; meaning that Jaeger weapons are not actually stopped by this armor additive. Marketing rationilizes this as a 'reason why Jaeger products are superior', but some have theorized it was just a way to corner the arms market.
Either way, the S-30 serves its purpose as a grand defensive measure against all things Disruptor - and a further push for Jaeger to become the largest, most influential arms company in the galaxy.

Last edited:
Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Really quick, I would like for you to use the Armor template. Specifically because this will be used for armor based components and is based around shielding technology.

Also, while you mention it can prevent damage from disruptors, is there anything else it can defend against? You mention and Ionizer so would EMP/Ion weaponry also be defended against?

Vora Kaar Vora Kaar

As far as I know, this isn't based on any Shield related technology - or at least, that wasn't the intent. It is a component that could be attached into an armor to stop outright disitegration, but it does not actually add any durability to an armor itself; meaning that most disruptors would simply become heavy blaster bolts by comparison.

It also does not resist Ion or EMP weaponry as a whole, it is mostly put in place so the component can't be instantly disabled by EMP related weapons.

I can still make this into an armor template, but I would still reiterate that this doesn't inherently add any resistances - just stops disintegration.

As the entire purpose of the system is to make what some would consider a "Instant kill/One hit Kill" weapon and nerfing it fairly hard, I would prefer for it to be listed as an Armor based component.

Secondly, What are the limitations of this component? I know you mention that this can only be used for armor, but could this be re-purposed to be used in things such as Armor for Vehicles, or even ships?

Thank you for providing the edits. Just a couple more things.

Here is my thoughts.

Disruptors, according to Canon, and is sometimes held to here on the site, is considered Illegal in the hands of anyone in various star systems. While there are groups and military groups who do use them, they are not used in an Open Market, or Mass produced setting. I would like to see this at a lower production rating due to the specific effect of making the massive upside to using such a weapon of Disruptors, Disintegration of the target, to be moot.

Also, What kind of differences would the technology have to be used on vehicles? There is quite a big difference between using it on a person, and a vehicle. Second, are there any limitations for what vehicles this could be used on?

Vora Kaar Vora Kaar

I'd offer a counter point that there are a hundred and one disruptors currently subbed under 'Mass Produced', meaning that while canon references them as illegal - they are very much the norm on Chaos. An armor integration to counter them as a mass produced level would be the most rationale response to Disruptors as a whole. If possible, I'd prefer not lowering the production, simply because it doesn't make sense to me (or the submission) that Disruptors can be mass produced, but a counter to them could not.

And as far as vehicles, it'd work exactly the same way - it'd just need a larger power source to do the same thing. Star ships have so much surface area by comparison, its entirely impractical to use it there - meaning scaling is the biggest issue this system would face. Past that, there are no fundamental differences in the system, and a starship 'anti-disruptor' system would need to be reinvented from the ground up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom