Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Power Armor Liner

Status
Not open for further replies.
c24fd3ee1a19809bd496c098434b3d48.png

Image Source: here
Intent: To flesh out and advance the canon Power Armor liner normally seen in typical Mandalorian and Stormtrooper armor and because Draco wanted me to make this sub.
Development Thread: If required
Manufacturer: Arceneau Trade Company | Browncoat Arms & Industrial |
Model: Power Armor liner
Affiliation: Open Market to ATC Customers
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass
Material: micro energy field projector, cereamic carbon nanotube weave and plating, myoflex.
Classification : Multipurpose
Weight: Varying, for standard armor purposes 2kg
Quality:

6 - Increased protection from fire, acid, intense heat, and cold.
5 - High protection from kinetic energy and reduces the likelihood of knock downs.

Special features:

Strengths

+ Reduced Kinetic Damage - A micro energy field projector and two layers of thin ceramic plates. This is used in order to disperse physical and blast impacts, reducing injuries and likelihood of knockdowns from kinetic impacts.
+ Advanced Environmental Protection - As standard, this gives the wearer an increased protection from fire, acid, intense heat, and cold. However, this does not include gross extreme temperature on either spectrum. There is a limit to its protection.

Weaknesses

- High heat - Overloading sustained gross heat will warp and wear down the material, decreasing the resistance to heat or cold.
- Kinetite levels of damage - While this product is made to reduce kinectic and knock down damage, this does not mean it is an end all be all. Severe sustained gross pressure can overload the ability for the micro energy field projector and ceramic plates to disperse physical and blast impacts, which may result in injury.

Description:

In the wake of advancing ancient technology and bringing it up to standards to the present day, Arceneau Trade Company along with Browncoat Industrial has studied the standard Power Armor liner to bring it into a new era of advance textiles and materials.

The textile is enhanced through standard power armor technology, with micro energy field projector and two layers of thin ceramic nanotube weave and plate. This is used in order to disperse physical and blast impacts, reducing injuries and likelihood of knockdowns from kinetic impacts.

Due to the performance imperative, the driving principle behind this power armor liner technology is that wearers must stay dry and light, and that their body temperatures must remain consistent, through sweltering heat, bitter cold, and everything else in between. The power liner also gives an increased protection from fire, acid, intense heat, and cold. This is done through the use of myoflex technology, which is best known for its use in heat dispersion. This negates extra heat produced by the body and makes it more comfortable to wear. However, this does not include gross extreme temperature on either spectrum. There is a limit to its protection.

The textile comes in three distinct custom cuts depending on the customer. Compression, which fits the power armor liner snugly to provide the body a close, lean supportive fit. A specialized fit, which is slightly shaped to taper with the body's shape, but without restriction or compression. And finally, a loose, generous cut that provides full range of motion, and a full, loose fit. The textile may not be only used as a body liner, but other products may prove viable as well.

Primary Source:

Star Wars Canon

Chaos Canon
Earth Studies:

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

This has a rather silly amount of layers to it. The "micro-energy field" comes from a single 90's image here: http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/albums/userpics/10001/armor-1000.jpgand doesn't really seem to tie in with any Star Wars technology I'm aware of.

I fundamentally don't understand how you can have something with ceramic layers to deal with blaster strikes, and then have it wick away heat from the user AND THEN protect the user from external heat.

At the moment this submission needs quite a lot of work. It has far too many components for what it's trying to be.

Either this submission needs bulking up to a full suit of armour, laying down clearly what the various components are

OR

You need to slim this down. Reduce the number of layers in this and significantly tone down the amount of protection.

If you want to bounce some ideas off me quickly, we can discuss over skype or PM.

[member="Raziel"]

I cut a few of the layers off. I honestly also don't know what the micro energy protector references to ini Boba Fett's armmor. I can only assume it is a version of a miniature energy shield layer that is perhaps in line to the power gland in Vongcrab armor or energized textile?

Just something strong enough to help displace kinetic energy and help reduce injuries.

I'll keep researching, but what do you think of what i've done so far?

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

I'll be surprised if you can find any decent source material, but please go and try! :)

If there's such a technology documented somewhere, please let me know. Otherwise I would recommend a technology sub for a small scale energy shield, but it would need some good dev and proper weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom