Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meta-Morphosis (Council Summoning Of Meta)

Meta nodded to his Master, a small smile also on his own lips. "Thankyou, master." He muttered, bowing deeply to him. "I appreciate this, greatly." He then returned to his original position, and awaited any further comments.

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Rianna listened intently, she heard how the padawan tried to justify using darkside powers to do good, and how he thought if they were only used for good that it would not corrupt the light within him, or within the order. The appearance of the weapon caught her attention, as well as how carefully Master Alince looked it over.

How many times as a padawan had she broken a rule on the quest of curiosity, too many to disclose at this meeting. And how had her path as a knight toppled once or twice to the path that could have very easily gone to the darkness. She listened to his story, that story alone would fester enough hurt and anger to take him down the dark path, her heart and soul hurt for him and his family. A great sadness it was like many other stories that had been told over the years, it is the dark times, the times of the empire and its affect on people's lives.

Rianna kept her voice soft, quiet she had often been told that to speak softly others would strain to listen, resting her hands upon her lap she added her two cents, "Perhaps a warning at this time on the types of skills that are acceptable for a Jedi as well as careful observance of the padawan for the future." Rianna tilted her head to look at the padawan Meta. Her dark eyes looked the padawan over, she could sense nothing right now, that was a bit troubling.

"Now, as it has already been said, that his master is aware of Meta's past he can better help him along in his journey" Rianna hoped she was not inviting another into the midst that would destroy them all one day. She hoped. Then Rianna sat back having said what she felt was needed.

@Meta
@Joshua DragonsFlame
@Selena Halcyon
@Kiskla Grayson
@Tefka
@Carn Dista
@Syn
@Phylis Alince

Careful observance.

"Perhaps Padawan Meta should be kept under the helpful, and watchful eyes of the Jedi at the temple." Kiskla suggested, building off @[member="Rianna Organa"]'s statement.

"There are many individuals here who have overcome their internal struggles that you could get in touch with, Meta." Her light eyes were intently focused on the Padawan, as she attempted to weigh her jurisdiction kindly, while still maintaining her position of authority.

She then shifted her gaze beyond @[Member="Meta"], to the other seated council members present.

"This would be a temporary solution, but I suggest that for an allotted amount of time Meta stays within the confines of the temple walls, either here on Coruscant, or on Tython. I think it would assist in his learning curve, being in an encouraging environment." Okay, she was really sugar coating this. It was in actuality, house arrest.

@[member="Phylis Alince"] | @[member="Carn Dista"] | @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | @[member="Syn"]

Meta seen right through the sugar coating of what was being said. "House arrest?" The smile from his face had disappeared, replaced with a stern logical view. "Is that really necessary?" He said, tilting his head.

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

Kiskla's pleasant demeanor receded at the Padawan's apprehension.
"Protective custody, then. Do you prefer we call it that?" Her brow quirked, while she internally chided herself. This was not to be a verbal battle between herself and a Padawan and she needed to relax.

"If I were you, Padawan @[Member="Meta"], I wouldn't question the suggestions of the council on what's necessary or not. You were the one that admitted you came to The Order for guidance." She would really have more to go off, if her statement had been approved.

"Despite your," she wanted to say sob story, but that would have been vindictive "Past, and how you feel it explains your actions, you did act against your Master. That is overstepping bounds, and you are in the presence of the council for your actions. There will be consequences."

Acting against his master? That was utter rubbish. This 'Council' was so narrow minded, at least. That's what he saw them as. "As you wish Master Grayson." He said, in a less than willing tone.

@[member="Rianna Organa"]

Carn Dista

C
Carn inclined his head in agreement with Kiskla. Mrta needed to be kept in the temple in a manner similar to an initiate. The lightsided nexus that permeated the temple grounds would do much to curb his apparently darksided tendencies. Yet that was not enough to ensure thst meta learned his lesson.

"In addition to your confinement to the temple, you will hand over any and all lightsabers or weaponry that are in your possession to the council, until such a time that your Master, Councillor DragonsFlame, decides that you are to create a new one.

This is due to your unsanctioned attempts to use Form VII, a lightsaber form that has heavy restrictions within the Jedi Order due to it's more than dangerous nature."

Carn was certain the other council members wouldn't disagree with him. Meta would still prove a risk to himself and others if he was allowed to carry a lightsaber around the temple, especially if he intended to continue trying to use Vaapad without the proper instructions. Demanding that Meta relinquish his saber was also a lesson in itself - Carn hoped it would remind him that carrying a lightsaber is both a privilege and a responsibility, and abusing that privilege in any way would warrent strong punishments.

It also allowed DragonsFlame to train him to a point where he finally felt comfortable with Meta having a lightsaber, which considering the blow his padawan just struck to his master, was in no way a bad thing. Carn had slight hopes also, that the day Meta was allowed to construct a lightsaber was also going to be the day his restrictions on leaving the temple were removed...

Meta flinched, it was like a blow to the stomach from an angry wookie. His head turned to Master Dista. "Can I have it back when Master DragonsFlame see's fit?" He asked, he didn't want to have to create another. He liked HIS Lightsaber, he didn't want anything else. Dealing with the unrest rumbling in his chest. He awaited what future scoldings he would receive from the Jedi Council, however. This would give him the opportunity to train extensively, and to learn more about the force and forms such as Djem So.

"I don't even know how you got your old one so early in your training" he said. "Normally, when they're ready, I take my Padawans to the crystal cave myself. This becomes a test, and inevitably you find a crystal that defines and matches you. Not some hokey pokey storebought stuff, not something you just find... When you look into the force, you feel a connection, and that I believe is how the best lightsabers are made.

Josh pulled out his own lightsaber, showing it.

"Former Jedi Master Jaxton Ravos took me to the caves and gave me a test that I've adopted, and hope to one day give you"

"I was actually thinking of reconstructing this... But for now, the crystal in here matches my Force signature. That way it's a part of me, and I work harder not to lose it"

"When you are ready, Padawan... I'll take you to Tython to construct a true Jedi weapon. Hopefully by then, you will be worthy of carrying it"

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
Syn had moved around and listened, whatever this padawan said only made his gaze narrow more. We was more then prepared to give into that one moment when Carn spoke and he was granted a small reprieve. He was granted a distraction, but then the boy spoke again and the jedi master spoke up crossing his arms. He heard Dragonsflame. "Your old weapons are something of the sith and not for you anymore. If you continue to want for them there is only one way you will get them and that is through me padawan and I do not play games."

Syn moved and sat in his seat again while letting it sink in, of the ones there he was the former sith. Hell he was the oldest of them but looked younger then Joshua which added to his words now. Everyone on the council knew and most of the order knew he had been at one point a jedi hunter. "And the only way your getting through me is a challenge of Kaggath."

"Kaggath?" Meta new of this, Kaggath was an ancient Sith Rite. "Is that not something of the Sith?" He asked, a profound look on his face as he targeted the hypocrisy. But, giving a moment to the Master he turned back to his own Master. "I built on my own because I've done everything on my own thus far." He explained, before relaxing and letting his words sink in.

@[member="Syn"]
@[member="Carn Dista"]

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
"It is padawan and if you wish to act like, one train like one, question your masters like one. I have no problem showing you the error of that by beating you and using the rules to have the weapons destroyed. It is by council mediation that I do not go for more severe punishment. It is because I trust your master that I do not have you transferred to being under my tutelage to watch you and it is by Master Grayson's suggestion that I do not recommend we put you in the explorer corps for failed padawan's."

The jedi master remained where he was and kept speaking with a look on his face. "I remained quiet when you spoke earlier but let me explain some things to you. The force is many things but to not delude yourself. The concepts of using the darkside for noble intentions is a farce. Something fools tell themselves so they can justify their actions. There is no using the darkside for the greater good, it is there and something people use. My maker used it to create me long ago and I have spent over eight hundred years fighting what is in my blood."

He kept his gaze on him only sparing a fraction of a second for reactions if any. "I have spent more then enough time having fought and met men and women who were like you. Who thought as feebly as you, who believed their pain, their experiences made them different then others and in the end when they fell I was there to eradicate the dark taint in them. So do now scoff or try and bargain with us, there is nothing to be gained."

Meta remained silent. If the master was trying to intimidate him or make him feel insignificant, it was unsuccessful. The threats were bouncing off of him like pebbles, however he didn't like the idea of being put in the explorer corps, and if they did he wouldn't stay around for too long and would practice in the way of the Jedi either way. Meta was determined to learn the ways of the force. Even if the masters had a diluted vision of it.

"Yes Master Syn." He said, the response seemed genuine. But it wasn't, not truly. After comparing Meta to a Sith, Master Syn had just turned from a respectable Jedi master to a unlikable fool. Though, Meta thought little of it, and the finally spoke. "Now, you have all my weapons. You've detained me, and now lectured me on my misunderstandings." There was no spite in his voice, he was just recollecting events. "May I leave the council chambers?" He asked, resisting the urge to just leave without a acknowledgement.

@[member="Syn"]
@[member="Carn Dista"]

Carn Dista

C
"You will leave when we see fit to dismiss you."

Something about the way Carn spoke heavily implied further suspicion. Meta's response had seemed genuine enough, yet Carn had seen many Sith arrive on the Orders doorstep with claims of seeking redemption, whilst having many alterior motives. What Meta's motive was, however, he was unsure of. Syn's demands of Kaggath, however, had conserned him deeply. He had little clue as to how or why his fellow councillor knew of such a thing, and Meta's echoing of it being a Sith Rite did little to ease any suspicions he had.

"Not a problem Master Dista." He said, tilting his head in a respectable fashion. He didn't mind further discussion. However he did not wish to drag the discussion out, as he didn't want to bore himself or the Council.

It was disarming to hear a Jedi speak of a sith rite, she herself wondered immediately how a Jedi would know. She knew there were many things she did not know about those that she sat on Council with, she would now make it a point to try to get to know each of them in order to understand them and from what point of view they would offer guidance, to those coming before Council.

But how did Syn know about Kaggath? She knew that there were former Sith turned to the light, it was possible that Syn was one such Jedi. She would inquire of him later, and she hoped it would not insult him.

She looked at Master Carn Dista, he was direct in his thoughts, and unconcerned about wielding the power of the Council. As was evident when he told the Apprentice of when he would be dismissed. For a moment it reminded her of a parent with a willful child. And Meta was being willful. But was his curiosity something more. It was unsettling to see how he seemed to acquiesce so easily. But was there resentment behind his actions. She tried to reach out with her empathy skills to sense his emotions and found herself sensing a wall. That bothered her.

Now the subject of the lightsaber, everyone knew from their own training that a Jedi built their weapon when their master deemed them ready, when all other training had been accomplished so that control would be firmly in place before placing the most elegant weapon of the more civilized age into the hands of an Apprentice. Meta had not yet traveled that path.

"The Council will only keep you for as long as there are questions to be asked and answered, patience Jedi Meta" She smiled softly. She looked to the others, she was sure that they would discuss Meta once he was out of the room.

@Meta
@[member="Carn Dista"]
@[member="Syn"]

Carn Dista

C
"We have spoken about how your application of the Force, and your theories about using certain aspects of it are misguided and ill informed, Padawan, yet we have not yet gone into detail about your application of Lightsaber combat. The Council wishes to know why you thought it acceptable to attempt to utilize restricted techniques without consent, or instruction. It is one of the reasons we brought you here, after all."

Again, Carn was blunt and to the point. He saw no reason to beat about the bush with this topic, as the thought of a Padawan running around trying to utilize their emotions in combat was a somewhat disturbing thought in itself. A Jedi's emotion was a powerful thing, and it was something that was best kept under complete control at all times. In combat, use of emotion was not only a thing capable of abuse by the practitioner and their opponent, but also a dangerous gateway to relying on the Dark side of the Force - It was why form VII was so heavily restricted, and at times, completely abhorred by the Order.

"I didn't know it was restricted, I've just heard about it and I wanted to train to utilise its power against my foes, however. Now that my views have been shown to be misguided, and that Form IIV is restricted. I don't have any further reasoning for it." Meta said, keeping up a wall from his thoughts. He was trying to be genuine and get this over and done with. He didn't want this lecture to last much longer.

@[member="Carn Dista"]
@[member="Rianna Organa"]
@[member="Phylis Alince"]

"..... Why the hell didn't you study the form you were so hell bent on learning?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Seriously, I studied every form before I even began learning it. You have to study it to know what it is, and if you'd studied it, you'd certainly have known it was restricted, not to mention how much it relies on the dark side"

He shook his head, facepalming right then and there. This was getting ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom