Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meta-Morphosis (Council Summoning Of Meta)

Carn Dista

C
"I must echo Master DragonsFlame's thoughts here. Your blatant lack of research prior to attempting learn what is undoubtedly the most dangerous form of combat for a Jedi to learn is thoroughly disturbing and is a major concern within itself. You will disclose exactly how you learned the practical aspects of it. And you will most certainly stop attempting to cut this short. It won't wash here, and it most certainly doesn't stand in your favor."

Carn was clearly in no mood for this Padawan's attempts to play the suddenly appreciative Jedi, and his attitude was certainly not one that the somewhat grim faced Jedi was going to accept in the Council chamber. He intended to keep Meta here until he broke, and showed his true colors, whatever they might be. It wasn't something he was proud of doing, but he knew it to be both necessary for the safety of the Order, and to completely drill the lessons the Council had to impart on Meta into his mind. Carn had once held the "title" of Padawan-breaker, and for very good reason. Situations like this were a forté of his.

"Okay. I'm a padawan, I'm new to this. I don't know all the rules and Im going to make mistakes. It's inevitable... I'm sorry, alright?" He said, shrugging. He was playing nice, and was tired of the Jedi Councils lecture, he just wanted to sleep. He was tired and just wanted to rest. "But..I was self taught. I was taught a little during my time in the facilities. I wanted to get better at it." He said, he just wanted to get better. He had no idea what he was getting into when he started practicing.

“Well perhaps you will learn a little more wisdom with your staying here,” Phylis said.
Unlike Carn she was not a person who enjoyed pushing people. She was in many ways a woman who didn’t enjoy confrontations and was much more ready to forgive and forget than others. Thus, when Carn kept pushing, she winced slightly. Nothing good would come from this, she knew. Carn’s aspiration to Vrook-hood was well underway.
@[member="Meta "]@[member="Carn Dista"]

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
@[member="Phylis Alince"] @Meta @[member="Carn Dista"]

Syn looked at the padawan as he was talking and just remained still in his seat. There was plenty he could keep going with but Carn was hitting all the needed points. That a lack of rules was now being blamed seemed something suspicious but no need to go itno it. Dragonsflames almost audible facepalm had his attention on the man briefly. He was the padawan's master and didn't seem to know anything about this or even suspect... Which was bad or he was a better liar then any of them knew and was covering his ass. Not something terrible or good but it was almost an even alternative to being blind to what was happening. He would have to talk about that later after Carn broke the padawan down. Honestly there could be tear.

Kiskla frowned. Those were not points that would help his defence. She was keenly adept at reading sentiment, and his irritation with them was explicitly communicated through his body language, despite his face being concealed.

As for Form VII, there were no known masters actively practicing the form in The Order, apart from herself. And she used it to exercise the deity of darkness so it didn't consume her in other areas of Force expression. It was not something she walked into blindly as @[Member="Meta"] had. She was adept in all forms, her first Master had trained her to use her body as a weapon, and therefore found that Vaapad was the only form that suited her unique chemistry. Meta however, would be wise to separate himself as much as possible from the dark side. Not pursue it.

"Vaapad is a dangerous form, and easily abused. With your limited knowledge, you could easily be a hazard to yourself as much as others due to your inability to control it's raw power." That was probably the harshest thing she'd said this meeting, but it was true. Vaapad was a glorified expression of martialism that many Padawans idolized, but it was never a good idea for persons to pursue. "If you wanted to get better at it, it's wise, as it is with all pursuits, to appeal to someone who is well versed in it. You teaching yourself this form, could be heavily biased and you could miss elements."

'You're repeating yourselves now.' He thought but did not say, bluntly pointing out the obvious, this had been dragging on for far too long. "I understand. There's no need to verse me further on this. If I intend on learning anything more regarding Vapaad. I'll speak with someone more experienced." The reply didn't seem forced, he genuinely wished to get this over with.

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"]
@[member="Saki"]
@[member="Phylis Alince"]
@[member="Carn Dista"]

Carn Dista

C
"You are still yet to fully disclose how you learned the physical aspects of the Form, Padawan. Your claim of being taught it as these apparent facilities is too vague. The more detail you impart, the sooner you will be dismissed.

And as for mistakes... There are mistakes, and then there is disregarding vast swathes of Jedi teachings simply because you believe you can do as you wish with the Force without consequences."

Carn knew it was simply a waiting game. His fellow councillors were playing soft with the Padawan - he understood that they may be less stern than him, and likely it would remain that way. Yet Carn partially enjoyed the contrast. It would ensure that the Order understood how changing the collective mind of the council could be, and reminded the members that while the council were on the side of the Jedi, they would take little stick from it's members when it came to issues or problems within the order.

"Sith practitioners worked with us. They taught as some very basic things about it and utilising your emotions and about control." Carn was being unnecessarily specific and acting like quite the stick in the mud. His behaviour annoyed Meta, but this was not relevant. "A few of the subjects died trying to do it." He finished, trying to keep his answers short and to the point. "However I wouldn't know how to implement it properly without further training." These we're facts, and Meta wanted he lecture over with.

@[member="Carn Dista"]
@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

@[member="Meta "]@[member="Carn Dista"] @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] @[member="Syn"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Whilst this Phylis was not the full on snark factory her predecessor had been, she still had a somewhat biting sense of humour.
“Well I’m glad to see the Sith are still as ruthlessly inefficient as ever. Perhaps we should make you feel more at home by throwing you in the Hssiss pit or something. Not that we have one of those, but would you settle for a Gizka pit with…one Gizka in it?”

She sniffed. “Well, so now we know probably more or less the truth. Why you didn’t you let us know about this before you started? If you’d told us this we would have been a lot more understanding and wouldn’t be treating you like a potential threat now. It’s like the child who tells a lie to cover up a misdeed, and has to keep telling lies to keep the lid on, and find themselves in much more trouble at the end.”

“Still, the cards have been dealt, and here we are. Do you regret not telling us, or what you did there or…anything? Or do you feel it was all justified?”
Phylis was understanding to those who acknowledged their guilt, less so to those who did not.

Meta raised one eyebrow to the masters joke, but lowered it subtely before anyone noticed. "I don't personally believe I've done anything wrong. However, I understand your perspective masters, I can see why that; in your point of view it's necessary to put me under house arrest, therefore I will comply willingly to your punishment." That was a mouthful, however he didn't like the fact he was being made a prisoner in a place that's meant to be his home. The Jedi weren't impressing him with their methods. Meta stretched his limbs before awaiting any further lectures or replies.

@[member="Syn"]
@[member="Carn Dista"]

Carn Dista

C
Carn noticed the limb stretch, and metas repeated attempts to cut this short so he could leave. It almost seemed to him that Meta was attempting to take this lightly. That wouldn't do at all.

Oh I'm sorry, Padawan. Are we boring you? Or are you simply trying to remain ignorant of the truth?

Carn's tone was scalding. Meta had been trying to leave for some time now, and had even admitted he still believed he was right. It made Carn belive the padawan was happy to ignore things like the pillar of knowledge, or at least two of the lines from Odan-Urr's revision of the Jedi Mantra. It was a crime in itself.

"Let me rephrase, I don't believe my intentions were good. Personally I haven't done anything wrong. However, the outcome may have been wrong. I've been naive towards the rules regarding the darkside. I understand that from your point of view, the punishment is fully necessary. I do understand and the fact of the situation is that you are all far more experienced at me than this, so. I know that I should take your collective word for fact." Meta bottled it, stopping while he was ahead. However, himself and a few of the other council members knew that the real reason he had been brought here had been dealt with. However, for some reason they felt the need to continue this, that reason eluded him. However, it was not his place to decide when this would be over.

Josh sighed and reached through the Force to try and communicate with Meta privately. It was about time he spoke to his Padawan.

"Relax yourself, just as I taught you" echoed in Meta's head. "You're only making the situation worse. Remember that patience, compassion and understanding are prime Jedi qualities. Yes, Carn is being stern with you, but the situation is serious, and you're doing yourself no favors"

He hoped that message would sink in. He hadn't spoken a word in awhile and had no need to.

Meta took his Masters words to heart, he reached out with the force. Drawing of the light of the council members around him. He focussed on their energy, and allowed it to calm himself. He felt a wave of relief flow through him, his mind and body now calm and relaxed. His master's words were full proof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom