Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meta-Morphosis (Council Summoning Of Meta)

(Right! That'll learn me @Meta)

Phylis held out her hand, and called the lightsabre to her own hand. With a frown she passed it to Josh.

"Where did you get this, Meta? And what about that sword, glaive weapon I saw you with on Perugia? Where is that and how did you get it? And no more evasions about gifts. A gift from whom?"

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
[glares cause so many posts]

Syn looked at thw boy and the other two while he sat there and just listened. It was humorous to him at least the argument. The debate about using the darkside and being pure but there was failure on both sides. He was about to drop that shield he used on his own energy and nature when the subject changed to the boys weapons. He just raised his eyebrow at the idea of it being a gift he had gotten. By that estimation the jedi master had gifts on his belt as well from the ones he had fought centuries ago. "What are you hoping to find Master Phylis?"

@[member="Syn"]

"He had a Sith weapon he showed me on the ship recently. It was marked with their runes and I could feel a dark aura from it. I would like to find this weapon and ensure it does no harm, of course."

Josh took the lightsaber, listening... Then @[member="Phylis Alince"] revealed that Meta had a Sith weapon. He frustratedly flipped the hood off his head, a look of horror on his face. He stared at Meta, and the reason why Josh had been hiding himself became clear. His eyes looked like those that hadn't slept in days, dreaded with stress and despair. He looked exhausted and tired, he looked like he'd had a harder time willing himself to even groom his hair properly, although that might also be because he had the hood on for so long. The 4 o'clock shadow on his face was another testament to his exhaustion and lack of sleep. Obviously, Josh had hid himself so the other Jedi, the Council especially, wouldn't worry.

His breathing was heavy, shaken by what he had heard. Relaxing his breath after a few moments, he brushed the hair from his face with his hands.

Carn Dista

C
Carn had remained slilent throughout all of this. It was something he excelled at, as it gave him time to think. Even though he arrived late, he didn't speak to excuse himself, nor join in with the questions. His silence was absolute. He nodded in agreement with Phylis' idea to take the weapon, but didn't suggest how. He kept his silence. When he saw the haggard state of DragonsFlame, he didn't raise an eyebrow, or make comment. He kept his silence.

It was a potentially concerning thing - Carn was a vocal councillor. If he wished to raise issues, he would raise them without fear of consequence. Yet here, he was completely silent. It wasn't something any of the councillors had seen from him before, and it certainly didn't bode well.

Meta took the Glaive from his belt. "I've had this for as long as I can remember." He said, studying the weapon he had grew up with. "They gave this to me as a reward for completing my final exam. Well, for coming out on top." He explained, his attachment to it was obvious. However, he could also feel the darkside aura around it.

@[member="Carn Dista"]
@[member="Syn"]
@[member="Phylis Alince"]
@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

".... What final exam?" He finally asked, studying his Padawan warily. He knew very little about Meta still, it seemed. His reading yielded him very little, and Meta's time so far under his tutelege was very short. Not enough time to see anything beyond his anger and his attitude toward other Padawans.

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
Syn just stared at the boy and raised his eye more while he listened. Everything he said was making no sense. There was no exams or final ones least of all something that would reward a weapon of sith origin. He crossed his arms as he stood up finally and spoke walking around the length of the room. "There is no final exam in the jedi order padawan, there is a final test that has been given to apprentices like when I was a child on Korriban. There is no jedi instructor who would award hard work with a sith artifact or even a basic one. The work and merit is its own reward. So you are either lying about where you got it or you have no said something you shouldn't have. Choose carefully"

"I'm not talking about the... jedi order, Master Syn." Meta said warily, edging on his past life. He trembled for a moment, flashbacks cycling through his mind. He felt uncomfortable, he tensed as his augmentation process cycled through his mind. The screams, the blood, his sister. His friends, the brutal exercises and training. He frowned, the images weren't stopping. He looked at his master, his pain in his eyes. The deep and many scars covering his face didn't come from nowhere. Neither did his anger or the rest of his baggage.

@[member="Syn"]
@[member="Carn Dista"]

Josh's horror only increased as he started to put the pieces together. He slowly moved his head to look at the other Masters, almost as if saying "What the hell did you saddle me with, without telling me?"

@Meta
@[member="Syn"]
@[member="Kiskla Grayson"]
@[member="Selena Halcyon"]
@[member="Carn Dista"]

Carn Dista

C
That was enough. His silence would hold no longer. Meta as hiding something from the council. It was not acceptable, and it wouldn't be happening under his watch. He leant forwards, and finally spoke to the padawan...

"You will disclose everything about your past, from before your time in the Jedi, Meta. Do not attempt to hold anything back, for the reason you have been brought here is serious enough as it is, without bringing deceit into the mix."

There was no mistaking Carn's tone of voice. If he even suspected Meta of atrempting to lie at this point, there would be severe consequences.

"Alright." He said, he should have just lied. He shouldn't have mentioned his past. But, as unsettling as it would be for himself, and possibly some of the council members. He would have to tell them, everything. He shuffled on his feet, this would be a long talk. "At the age of seven, I lived in a house with a family. Two brothers and a sister. One day, a group of imperial soldiers came to our house, a man in a long black lab coat with them. He pointed to myself and my sister. Killed both of my brothers and my parents and took myself and my sister with them. They put us in a cuffs and took us to their ship, when we arrived at wherever they had taken us too. There were many other children.."
Meta continued on for an hour. No one interrupted him, silence beckoned throughout the room from the council members, Meta told them everything. His real name, 'Astrian Callus' He also told them about the many training exercises they were put through. Forced into competing against other kids through intimidation and drugs. The augmentations, the training they received with Glaives and how he received his own through being the last survivor of the weapons tests. How he watched his sister die brutally from the Augmentations going wrong. How his old friend Subject 18 may be hunting him, how himself and Subject 18 destroyed the facility and finally how he left Subject 18 for dead, and ran away in a shuttle and couldn't get over his inner rage and how he hand ended up training to become a jedi. It had come full circle, he had came to Master DragonsFlame to control his anger and conquer his inner demons. After he had finished, he swallowed hard, his tongue was dry for talking for so long. His mind weary from reliving the events of his childhood and past. His eyes switched between all of the Masters watching them carefully, however he looked at his Master the longest.
"I'm sorry for not telling you." He spoke to DragonsFlame alone, those words were for him alone. No one else in the room.

@[member="Carn Dista"]
@[member="Syn"]

Phylis listened as best she could. It was both heartbreaking and disturbing. One would have hoped that the Jedi had a better screening process, but it seemed not. It seemed that allowing students with Sith weapons was par for the course. Still, when Meta finished, Phylis felt sorry for both Meta and especially @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"].

"Thank you for explaining, Meta. My condolences for your family. However, that does not change the fact that this weapon is a Sith artefact. Such a weapon is, hmm, not wise to have."
She extended her hand and called on the Force to bring it to her hand....

And so the plot thickened.

Not everyone was cut out to be a Jedi, but everyone did have their own backstory. She did admire @[Member="Meta"]'s willingness to divulge, even with encouragement. Considering his recent accusations and offenses, he could have reacted very, very differently. That in itself, spoke volumes to the blonde Master.

In terms of speaking volumes, the Padawan spoke for quite some time. And Kiskla listened for all that time, although shifting her weight from time to time. She wasn't used to being silent for so long, but respect was demanded when others shared their secrets.

"Thank you for cooperating and telling us. It's really in your best interest, because now your Master has a better understanding of how to assist you." But, not everything was hunky dory. Meta was still exploring the dark regions of the Force, to the point that the deity concealed in her cuff squirmed excitedly. But Kiskla was the queen of cool, and this remained only known to her and two others in the galaxy.

"You came to the Jedi for assistance, for guidance how to conquer your own inner demons. Listen to the guidance that Master @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] gives you, and do not invest time into exploring otherwise. Experienced though you may be, what hearing from your story, you must master the fundamentals of the light side before even considering investing any time to better knowing your enemy." Kiskla's light eyes were focused on the Padawan, still offering her two cents. From her peripherals, she could see the executed actions of Master @[member="Phylis Alince"] and something inside her stung empathetically. House arrest was coming, she could just feel it.

Although to be completely honest, after Meta's disclosure, she was truly curious as to what @[member="Carn Dista"] had to say about the whole thing. He was quite the stick in the mud when it came to the rules, which made him a valuable Council Member in situations like this.

"I understand." He willing let go of the Glaive as it flew to @[member="Phylis Alince"]'s hand. What he said was also towards @[member="Kiskla Grayson"]. "What now?" He asked, having heard from two of the Jedi Masters. He awaited the response from the rest of the masters.

Phylis took the weapon, feeling the Dark Side in it. She carefully laid it beside her chair. She would take it to the archives later and seal it away so it could do no harm.

Josh listened carefully, and he felt sympathy for his Padawan. He gave a sigh.

"I understand why you might have hid it, Meta. But something that serious should have been made known to me" he said. "At least now I can help you. Whatever the Council chooses to do, I will remain by your side as your Master and help you conquer these demons, and become a true user of the light side of the force" he said with a smile, the first true smile that Josh had shone for days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom