Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mambo no. 5 [CIS Dominion of Thaere Privo | V-41]

will you sink down to me?
Form: Humanoid
Wearing: Fish Net (literally); hair
Tag: [member="A'Runda']
Mermaid_Divider.png
At first, Damsy's face dropped, but then she smiled and reached out for A'Runda's regloved hand. Nodding, she replied, "That's a good idea. We'll find someplace comfortable for both of us, cuddlefish." As the petname rolled off her tongue, she grew nervous once again.

She thought best to move on, as to not add unneeded stress to it, and changed the topic with a comforting squeeze of her love's hand: "Maybe, if we found a secluded cavern, I could teach you how to swim!" Damsy began to sway from side to side rather than jump up and down to show her excitement. She knew two ways to swim, with a tail and with legs. Obviously the former she experienced, but the latter she had learned from observing her father. It couldn't possibly be that hard to explain; it was just like having two little tails instead of one.

And then, suddenly she still. "Or not," she added sheepishly when she realized that she had just crossed the line that she had just drawn. She looked down and tried to think of something safer to say. Finally, she had it, looked back at A'Runda and said, "I-if they're there, you should show me a dune. I don't know what those are."

Mathilde Brennus

M
Objective: Protect the Blue Blood
Wearing: This conservative cocktail dress with some blades and other assassin things hidden underneath.
With: [member="Leah Winsclav"] (Open to other interactions and imprinting.)

The space elf couldn't take a hint, moving ahead of Mathilde and Winsclav as they were working their way to the exit. The stranger said something, but the Echani was hardly paying attention to her words, but rather her body language. It all screamed of aggression, that she was ready to inflict violence to remove Mathilde.

It all began with a low-kick to the knee. Normally, the Echani would have backstepped out of the way, but she had Winsclav next to her, and she could feel that boy from earlier coming up from behind. So, she held her ground, lifting her knee to have the woman's kick break against the upper part of her shin.

That wasn't the half of it though; when their legs connected, Mathilde delivered a powerful shock at the point of contact. Being Force "Dead" was a nice trick to thwart most forms of Force attacks, but Force Lightning wasn't one of them.

It wouldn't be a killing blow, but enough to stun the drunk and leave her flat on her behind like a taser shock.

Hopefully, this would be the end of it, but Mathilde was ready to go all the way to see to the safety of her client. The drunk, whoever she was, stood no chance against the Firedancer.

By now, the boy was at her back, droning on about something, but she had filtered him out, focused on the immediate threat before her, and her charge on the side. However, that could all change if he proved to be a threat as well.

[member="Fiore de Noir"] [member="Tanaski Yumi"]

Brayden Antares

B
Tags: [member="Alwine Lechner"] | [member="Faye Malvern"] | [member="Gerwald Lechner"] | [member="Scherezade deWinter"]
Wearing: XXX

The vibrant hue of his eyes were a natural effect, a genetic trait that, in very few, was passed down at birth. For others, it was...an earned badge of success, self-worth. As with the entirety of his family, the hue of Brayden's brightened as necessary with the passing of strong emotions or considerable exertion through the Force. The moment that Faye's hands rested against his chest and her simple yet earth-shattering statement of love touched his ears, the Sith's entire body seemed to vibrate with joy, relief, and more importantly completion. Silver-green eyes began to glow brighter than they ever had before as something in Brayden's very soul shifted, reacted to Faye's entire presence.

As their lips met, the Endelaan native was devoid of conscious thoughts or worry. In the back of his mind, a door he'd not known previously existed unlocked. Even as he melted into the warm embrace he was now sharing with Faye, allowing his entire body to simply react to the pleasure of her company, Brayden was only tangentially aware of the foreign entity that slipped into his subconscious. There was no activation of his danger senses, nothing. It was as if some unknown part of him had arrived to survey the scene unfolding before all as the garden continued to wilt and die under strong emotional reaction of Alwine Lechner. Just as soon as it had appeared, the foreign entity disappeared, retreating with just the slightest drum of acceptance.

At the time, Brayden was too lost in Faye's embrace to recognize the arrival and retreat of his ancestors' presence. His love for the woman before him too strong for any sort of family legacy or tradition to even register on his mind. Even as the kiss was slowly almost painfully broken, Brayden's mind was clear, vacant accept for the care he held for Faye. As the fog of the tender reunion slowly began to lift, the Sith started to become aware of new arrivals. One, in particular. Maintaining his gaze intently on the only object which held his interest on the entire planet, Brayden allowed his presence to expand once more.

Once his presence began to touch those of Alwine and Madalena, the Sith Lord half-turned, a single arm still draped around Faye's waist. "Alwine..." Watching as the shift played its part, Brayden's gaze moved between the Lupine and his not-sister attempting to help the Lupine. Tilting his head, the Sith Lord was reminded of a conversation he'd had with Alwine not long ago. It was an easy truth to see now, the compassion of his sister for the Lupine species shining through even in that moment.

Shifting his gaze back to Faye, Brayden managed a half smile before lightly kissing her on the cheek. "It is not a process we can interrupt. She does, however, deserve an explanation. Also that..." Brayden casually indicated Madalena with his free hand. "...is my sister." As of now, Brayden had not explained the...situation fully, maintaining the facade of Madalena actually being his sister. It was a falsehood that he would shatter the moment they were alone once more.

A brief shift of his gaze followed Brayden sensing the reaction of Faye's own soul to the pain of those around. The fact he could tell anything merely meant that his soul had practically merged completely with her own. In that moment he wondered if Faye already knew the truth about Madalena from the brief thoughts that had just drifted through his mind. Rather than dwell on the matter, he did his best to wrap his presence around the woman, allowing her to nestle safely in the comfort of his love and happiness, hopefully shielding her from the hurt that radiated from Alwine.

Objective: Crush the pasty
Interacting: [member="Mathilde Brennus"] & [member="Leah Winsclav"]

The kick was simple and was the only thing her drunk brain could fathom. She had no force powers and she didn’t want to draw weapons. If she did, she could have hurt the woman whose affection she craved. As their legs made contact, something bit back. Fiore was unused to force powers working against her, being force dead for this long, it was more than a surprise when one worked. The electric shock burned against her skin and surged through her.

Instinctively she reached out and grabbed a hold of the chair that was behind her. It seemed to not be metal so that was a good thing since it grounded her for the most part. Still, the current did enough to throw her off and she backed down for a moment.

Fiore fell back and landed on the ground, she remained there just a few moments. When the feeling returned to her leg, she quickly jumped back to her feet. What she would do to have the force at this moment, alas she was stuck with what she had. “Cheap trick.”

She quickly swung her arm, aiming to punch the Echani in the face, but instead of following through with it, she stepped forward and attempted to snap a kick into the woman’s mid-section. If she could just get her to let go of Leah, then she could continue with her courting. An eye flashed towards the boy (?) who seemed to be wanting the Echani’s attention. Fiore scoffed and returned her attention to the woman interfering with what she wanted.

See with eyes unclouded by hate
Wearing: X
Tag: [member="Damsy Callat"]

x0RlJP.png
A'Runda looked down as Damsy took a hold of his gloved hand. But his gaze shot back up to her when she refereed to him as a "cuddlefish". He didn't know what that was exactly, but he knew what cuddling was, kinda, and what fish were... kinda. Behind his wrappings he beamed, finding the remark to be quite adorable.

"He personally didn't see anything wrong with a cave. In his Tusken clan caves held a sort of cultural significance as a place where krayt dragon live. He thought some for a moment, at the idea of him possibly being the first Tusken to know how to swim. The idea of cool water all around him was something so foreign to him. But not uncomfortable unlike being in a desert probably was for her.

"What? Of course I would. I'd love to be able to swim with you. I'm sure I'd never wanna leave so long as I'm with you." He replied, trying to reassure to her that he would very much like to learn to swim if that meant being closer to her. Then she asked a question he wasn't expecting. "Dunes...?" He repeated to himself. "Certainly, although I can't promise they'd be of the same scale as the one's from my homeworld though." He said with a slight chuckle at the end.

Dragons123.png

Location: Expansion Region - Thaere Sector - Thaereian System - Thaere Privo [Confederate Celebration]
Standing With: [member="Adron Malvern"]
Attire: Normal Boring White Ect...
Love Status: ...Drunk

The young Echani did not respond when her fellow Exarch called out her words. Was it a challenge? Perhaps. The corner of primrose lips curved slightly, but otherwise, he would have to rely on the quiet halls of her eyes for answers. He leaned close, breaching her personal space, and the woman remained where she was. Still as stone, like a statue, it would be hard to even know if she breathed. “You know how I feel about combat Adron…”

“Tell me that you don’t want the same.”

The conversation moved, slightly, toward their innate connection. Srina could remember feeling confused by it at first. Why would she be bound through the Force to a man that clearly wanted her dead? The memory of his blood poison would never fade. Through military school on Eshan she had learned, through a variety of means, to control her responses to pain. To ignore it. To push through and persevere. That had been impossible.

Her head tilted back and forth a little, considering his words, before her gaze slid back toward his. The Serenno man had always appeared from nothingness. Sometimes, with his hands bound. As if he’d been fighting. Training. Still. Even then, he appeared so stately, that it was hard to believe he simply hadn’t gotten lost on the way to some sort of luxury political gathering. “When you found me by the fountain I was in tears. From a vision. Even then…You were almost gallant.”

He’d never once brought it up since his relocation to Geonosis. Not once. Adron had held ample opportunity to expose her moments of weakness to his own advantage, perhaps, to gain ground in the political structure of the Confederacy but he never had. Every day that he respected her in such a way, without needing to discuss it, or mull over the details was another day that she thought the world of him.

They moved toward the other couples dancing as if drawn by something magnetic. It was just as easy to dance with him as it was to trade blows. Srina acknowledged that it wouldn’t be quite the same for him, as if, the movement was one of the only ways she truly knew how to speak, but it was close. For a woman that could be so verbally and emotionally guarded it would be surprising to see her personality shine through. There was a fire in her, buried beneath all that ice, and it would flare brighter when the Exarch twirled her round and round.

When she was once again wrapped in the circle of his arms, caught in a timed sway, he began to speak more of the past. She reached with her free hand and curled slender fingers around the back of his neck. Polished nails moved over his skin, ensuring she had his attention, and she leaned up to press a delicate kiss to the lower part of his jaw. “You don’t owe me anything. You were always you beneath it all…”

“I just took your hand.”

Again, they moved, and the dark-haired man pulled her into a spin that flowed in a graceful arc. Their limbs were ever in motion, practiced, and most nearly liquid. Eventually, it would be hard to see where the so-called Dread Queen and the Exarch began. For every step she made backward, he pressed forward, and she forced to respond with an alluring twist or turn. Regardless, she always came back to him. It seemed important that it ends that way. When he asked her how he ought to repay her the exquisite beauty was again entrapped in silence. Her blood was moving in a way that made it easier to breathe. She felt lighter, without the weight of station, anchoring her to the floor like a prisoner. When she did turn her gaze back toward endlessly blue eyes her own were filled with a distinct sense of tantalizing mischief. Srina had her secrets. It was almost as if she were daring him to try and figure everything out…

“Confess.”

The word was simple. Her expression was so achingly empty that most wouldn’t see the play of deeper banter that rolled through her. Adron, as he always had, read her carefully. He would see. “Confess that I am the better fighter. You, Adron Malvern, must confess that you are inferior to my skill set.”

“And you must do so—on bended knee.”

Right here, right now. It was a test of many things. More than anything—Faith. Just to see if he would.

divider.png
Dates: [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] & [member="Scherezade deWinter"]​
Wearing: X-O-X-O

“If they were clean socks she mighta just hurt you real bad.”

It was blunt. It was also probably true. Mostly. Sometimes Scherezade could be a little uncreditable with her knife play, but, she didn’t typically fillet the people she loved. She didn’t have many of those left. As upset as she was with the Jedi Master for his mansplaining assumptions he did seem genuinely contrite about it. Maybe was just used to dealing with bad people. Her expression softened somewhat. “Ah don’t completely agree with you…But Ah don’t completely not agree with you…So…You’re forgiven.”

That, for Daisy, would be that. She was never one to hold a grudge. They might not become best friends overnight but as long as he was willing to see her perspective on things there was always a possibility that they might be able to find common ground. At the moment, the only thing they had in common, was the fact that they both loved and worried about Scherezade and Madsy. It was so strange to think of them as two different people. But, for all intents and purposes, they were different.

The golden-haired Americus shook her head slowly when Josh asked if she knew anything more. No. She didn’t. She was in the same queue that he was, just waiting, hoping that things would turn out all right. “Ah’m worried. The Force…It always has a price when you meddle. It’s not easy for me to explain but it always feels like…Like give and take. In different amounts.”

“Ah hope she didn’t give too much. That it didn’t take too much.”

She was more than a little superstitious about this subject. If Josh would have known that she was a Mandalorian, it might have made sense, considering the stigma. Finally…She admitted that she just might not be the best of company for the night. It was true. She hadn’t been sleeping well. Daisy had mainly come to this party to try and get out and do something normal for once. Drinking, laughing, having fun? That was what it should have been.

Instead she’d unintentionally been the biggest buzzkill of the century.

Or, at least she thought she was. Josh called her perfect. Something about the word, or the tone, caused another girlish blush to steal over the tops of her cheeks. He was just being nice. Right? “Ah’m not good at lyin’. Ah’ve been told my poker face is the worst thing this side of the galaxy.”

Probably how he’d figured out something was wrong in the first place.

When he offered to remain with her she felt her eyes dart down, sweeping the floor, before she looked back toward him to nod her head. “If you really want to stay. Stay, Mister DragonsFlame.”

The hostile body language that she had been giving off slowly started to fade. It wasn’t so much that she wanted to cause him harm, or anything of the sort, but moreso felt a need to protect herself. It was strange. She never felt more at home than with a slugthrower in her hand but sometimes drama hoopla could really throw her into a tailspin. Especially, when it had something to do with Scherezade. “We get upset because we care. We’d be fools not to.”

Slowly she tried to dry up her eyes a little, blinking them clear, while she hid a tiny sniffle. No tears. None. Madsy would have her hide if she cried all over her pretty-boy-Jedi. “So…Let’s….Let’s change the subject. Tell me about you. Ah can feel you if ah close my eyes tight enough. All hidden brightness—Like a little faraway star. What do you do?”

He genuinely felt horrible that he had brought her inconvenience. He was a different person sometimes when it came to Scherezade. It was something that Jyoti had learned, it was something that Alwine had learned, and now it was something that Daisy was presently learning. He was protective of her, and wanted the best for her and sometimes he didn't always handle it the way that he should. Still, he smiled slightly at her forgiveness. "Thank you" He spoke softly with a gentle bow of his head. At the least they were somewhat moving back to square one. Perhaps this could be salvaged after all. She was a nice enough gal, and someone who he could see himself being close with. There was a part of him, a little voice in his head, that told him that he really wanted that to come to pass.

He was curious at her interpretation of the Force. Something that gave and also took... And took much should someone meddle. "I've never thought of it that way" Josh would admit, scratching his head in turn. "I teach, you see. About the Force. Yet I've never even indicated in my teachings that perhaps the Force is more of a living thing than we give it credit for... I've always stated it is a friend. A partner. But perhaps there's more to it than that... I'll have to think on it."

She had given him perspective, something he appreciated. On a multitude of things even, in regards to Scherezade, to the Force...

She hoped that Scherezade didn't give too much, she said. "All I know is she indicated to me that this isn't permanent. It's very possible she can't deliver on that" He would admit. "It's possible it indeed took too much. I know as full as she does what happens when you meddle" He would admit, letting out a sigh. "I've changed people's lives forever, sometimes for better, and sometimes for worse, using my abilities. I can sense that you yourself, are still learning. There's something I heard once... Apparently it was said by a great man. With great power, comes great responsibility. And I know that well. The Force can do some incredible things... But it can also hurt. I've helped and I've hurt. I just hope that whatever Scherezade has done... It will only help."

He lowered his head a bit.

"All I wanted was to see her smiling. Now she is, but... It doesn't feel like it's her smiling either. And I don't know where this is going, I don't. All I - we - can do, is hope."

It fit in well with what came next.

"We do care too a bit much, don't we?" He spoke when she brought it up, finding himself chuckling lightly. "But that's just the effect she has on people. And I wouldn't trade her for the world."

She had admitted she couldn't lie, and didn't have much of a poker face either. "My poker face is good so long as I'm not speaking" He responded. "Otherwise... We're in the same boat. The worst liars in the galaxy" He spoke, starting to laugh a little. "I couldn't tell a lie if my life depended on it. I know people that could sell you on the idea that they're the King of Naboo during a time there is no King of Naboo. I'd almost envy them, if I didn't dislike lying so much. I find it easier to just be yourself and... Well, if life judges, maybe that's your cue to look yourself in the mirror. I respect someone who can speak the truth and speak their mind."

Either way, they had agreed to change the subject, and while he found himself wanting to hold her tight and comfort her when he heard the sniffle, he kept it to himself. It just didn't seem like the right thing to do, even if he found it to be what he wanted to do. So Daisy asked him about himself. And honestly? He wasn't sure if he had an answer for her. "Umm... Hmm..." He mused aloud, as he would note a few chairs nearby. Pulling one out for Daisy first and offering it to her, he would grab another afterword and sit down. He'd been standing too long, and he hoped a more relaxed pace might help him think.

"I'd like to think I'm someone who helps people" He spoke finally after what felt like way too long for his tastes. It was a difficult question for him to answer just because he hadn't really thought about it. Something that was brought up with [member="Scherezade deWinter"] not long ago was the fact that he just didn't seem to think about himself anymore... Or serve himself. "You can put all the fancy titles on it that you want. Jedi Master. Master Of The Order. Silver Assembly. Battlemaster. But I am here to help people. On my spare time, I teach others to use these powers responsibly. Though as you've made it clear to me... Perhaps I haven't been teaching them just how much responsibility that is."

He tapped his fingers on the chair a bit as he thought on it a moment longer.

"If I'm not doing that, then I'm either spending time with the few I call companions, or my son" He spoke, and his eyes seemed to light up at the mention of his son. "I have a son, he's three. He likes animals and birds and being a human food absorbing machine" He added, laughing in turn. His entire face seemed to just brighten up from talking about him. "He adores porgs and Maddy has just been absolutely spoiling him with porg things. She is incredibly sweet, I almost can't stand it" He gushed. "I don't deserve people like her who treat my son as well as she does. I consider myself very fortunate to have them, and I consider myself very fortunate to have Jason. He's brought a light to my life that I just didn't have before" He would admit. "My son is my everything, and seeing him grow up makes me happy. But kind of sad too, just because it's happening so fast."

He stopped then, as he seemed to realize he was getting carried away. As he always did in regards to a short list of people... Jason and Scherezade included. Once again, he had ended up talking more about other people than he had about himself.

"What about you?" He inquired. "I'd love to hear more about you."

[member="Daisy Americus"]

Others: [member="Fiore de Noir"] [member="Leah Winsclav"]
Wearing: Simple black collar button shirt and suit pants

Tana was unsure of how things had devolved into a fight having only kept his eye on [member="Mathilde Brennus"] as she acted in defense of the of the their charge. Such confirming the fact she was some sort of body guard to the young Jedi. They moved with grace and speed but also a held back deminor, not damaging the woman who had some how started a small altercation. For a moment he was content, just standing there and watching the Ehcnai at work, but it seemed the women causing trouble did not simply back down.

Glancing to the side he saw the incoming kick come for the Echani's mid sections, more powerful then the strike she had delivered to put distance between her and the person she was guarding. Acting on instinct Tana jumped to her side, raising his arms to block the attack, feeling the strike as it pushed against his body, the sting of pain rushing through his muscles. "I suggest that you do not start anything you can't win miss".

Rein had heard of a party going on not too far from where she'd decided to take a break from her travels. Having not fully aligned herself with anyone in particular she found that the Confederacy and their reach wasn't something that bothered her or her well-being just yet and a party? It'd been a long time since the young woman was able to let loose and just.

Crimson hair let down to frame her freckled face and caress the tops of her now bare shoulders. The dress she wore was a strapless gold number that had a corset top to hug her hourglass curves and enticingly lift everything up. Emerald green hues traveled over the party-goers and a bit of a grin came to dance along her rose pink lips.

The air was warm and smelled sweet. The music was something that she could feel flowing and humming down to her core, beckoning her to move toward the dance floor and be free. This was so much less dramatic then the parties she'd grown with yet had an elegance to it the brazen pilots from her planet threw.

This was exactly what she felt to be the place to be. Exactly what she needed. The thought bringing an extra sparkle to her eyes as she moved further in and away from the door way. Slender digits of her right hand lifting to push a lock of hair from her face and tuck it gently behind her ear.

Where to begin? A drink? A snack? Hmm... Maybe a dance? Knowing literally noone here she didn't feel the need to socialize just yet. What to do? What to do?

Tag: [member="Rein Stalcry"]​
Rylan had been on the fringes of CIS controlled space the last few weeks, his focus somewhere on the great dark beyond and keeping him from his duties with in the Confederacy, something he regretted to a small degree, but at the same time he found himself unable to care all that much about those responsibilities.​
Having learned of the newest party, he decided to join it out of curiosity mainly, unsure why he had bothered, the formal events had grown bland for him months ago, but he came dressed appropriately for the occasion anyhow. People watching from his vantage point against the bar, he was dreadfully bored, no one here was catching his interest, he had seen faces of people he called allies, even some friends, but he was still just as uninterested now, as he was before arriving.​
That was until she arrived, the crimson haired beauty in a dress of gold... he could barely keep his eyes from following her, if there was one weakness he had, it was red heads, they always seemed to get in his head, and usually ended up getting him into the worst trouble. Straightening out, he moved in her direction, snatching a pair of drinks from a passing waiter as he moved ever closer to this soon to be trouble in his life, and with a quick clear of his throat, he held a drink forward.

"Can I offer you a drink?"

She felt that strange feeling as if something dark came, attempting to pull her away from the party she'd only just recently arrived to. She made quick work of pushing it aside, though. This was a party and this place was neutral as far as she knew and really she could care less. The pull being pushed to the back of her mind with a soft, audible sound of annoyance. About to make her way towards the bar he came closer. [member="Rylan Kordel"] seeming to read her mind with bringing a drink to her.

She stood there a moment, unsure quite how to respond. It wasn't typical for her to grab the attention of someone but then again, she wasn't dressed typically either.

Eyes taking in the well dressed man while a soft blush flushed to her lightly speckled cheeks. They'd continue their way up before settling and locking on his. He wasn't all that bad looking and though the nagging at the back of her mind attempted to grow stronger as the force and her intuition warned her, Rein brought a hand out to take the glass from him.

"Thank you. You didn't drug it, did you?"

Her voice had a an accent akin to french as it spilled into the air between them, moving a little closer so they wouldn't have to work so hard to speak over the music. The corners of her lips curling up into a playful smile as she awaited his response.

Who cared if it was drugged? Tonight was a night she set sights on everything. Too long had she been running and too long had she been stuffed away, training. She'd gotten away and it was time to live it up.

"I'm Rein."

The right hand, her free one coming out to offer to him, not taking a drink just yet, curious as to how this handsome stranger would respond.

When Rein had taken then drink, then playfully made a jest about the drink being drugged or not, Rylan chuckled and shook his head while mouthing the word no. With her hand out, he took it gently, and kissed the back of it in a gentlemanly fashion, listening to her name and accent with intrigue, a slight grin crossing his own lips for a moment.​
"It's a pleasure Rein, such a lovely name, and your accent, am I detecting a little Rylothian?. Also, how rude of me, my name is Rylan."
The Sith put on the most approachable smile he could, but he had to admit this woman caught his interest even more now, he wasn't used to human's having Rylothian accents, it was always the basic things from the core worlds, Corucanti, Corellian, Alderani, probably being the three most well known. Clearing his throat, he gave a slightly apologetic look, almost as if he was sorry about his extreme curiosity at the moment.​

As [member="Rylan Kordel"] chuckled it brought the corners of her lips into more of a smile, cheeks flushing a little deeper from the kiss to her hand. The sparkle of curiosity in his dark eyes made her push the humming of her intuition completely aside. Lips would part in as if to speak but a gasp of surprise passed out first.

"Thank you and you are absolutely correct. I don't think I've met anyone to notice it before- or peg it down, I should say."

She found herself absentmindedly moving closer to him, a hand coming up to pause him at his look realizing the note of apology, clearly impressed by the fact he caught on so quickly as to her origins.

"The pleasure is mine, Rylan. Thank you for rescuing me from boredom. I was afraid I would be alone tonight and left to my thoughts. Usually a dangerous thing."

She'd follow the comment with another soft laugh while her emerald gaze locked with his. The glass being brought up to her lips to take a sip of the drink. It was delicious and tasted strong. She doubted she'd need much of it before feeling more... Free

divider.png
Dates: [member="Josh DragonsFlame"]​
Wearing: X-O-X-O

“Don’ mention it.”, she responded to his thanks, her tone soft, though not exactly shy. Daisy had never been one to be overly fearful or cautious. It was one of the reasons she was such good friends with Scherezade and Madsy. The only things she really had hang-ups about was her force-sensitivity and losing a friend or a family member. Daisy cherished all of them. She couldn’t stand to lose anyone, not anymore, not after saying goodbye to Concord Dawn forever…

Her head tilted up when Josh seemed to consider her immature words about the Force. Daisy knew she didn’t make much sense, or, know a cotton-pickin bit about what she was talking about when it came to keeping the balance and whatnot…But she knew what it felt like. She knew the taste, the pull, of a power that was much stronger than she was. It crept into her being every time she used that which had left her family in exile. The Mandalorians couldn’t figure out what they hated more. A lack of combat, or, Force-Sensitive brothers and sisters. “Ah’m probably talking all screwed up about it. It may be a friend, it may be a partner, but nothing is free. Give and take.”

Daisy felt her chest tighten when Josh lowered his head. He held similar worries about the paradox that was Sherezalena and knowing that, for a fact, made her think better of him. He wasn’t just some careless Jedi playing with scary forces he didn’t understand. He mentioned hope and she drew a deep fortifying breath. Hope. It was so hard to have it. Haseria made things easier. Bearable.

It still didn’t change how messed up the galaxy was.

But, Daisy tried. She tried to laugh, tried to smile, and tried to do her best. It was all she could do.

“It’s comforting to know you Jedi-types aren’t good at everything.”, Daisy responded almost teasingly about his apparent lack of a poker-face. At least, they had that in common. The more they talked, spoke, and seemed to listen to each other the more the young woman seemed to unwind. The more her tears dried. A watery, heart-filled laugh, escaped her when he claimed to appreciate and respect someone that could speak their mind. “You might regret sayin’ that.”

“Ah don’t usually hold much back.” Usually. Something tonight had her being mighty careful.

Feeling the need to at least make an attempt to be herself Daisy changed the subject. She found herself accepting the chair that Josh pulled out for her with a little gracious nod, though, she also wished they were seated just a little closer together. She set her drink down on the table while she leaned on her elbow, the white, floral fabric of her dress sweeping neatly against the polished floor. Her hand cupped her cheek while seafoam green eyes watched every move the Jedi Master made. Her glossy lips curved when he began to go on about his titles and a slow whistle escaped her…”You are fancy. Ah almost feel like ah should address you as sir or some such. Ah don’t have anything like that…”

Daisy didn’t get too terribly invested until he mentioned his son. She didn’t know how she felt about one-day having children of her own, though, she had enough nieces and cousins that she loved them. His eyes grew brighter at the mention of it and the golden-haired Mandalorian smiled. The expression was soft, sweet, and almost indulgent. There was nothing more heartrending than a parent mooning over their children. His laugh…His laugh was the most wonderful thing. Did he know that? “Do you have a holo?”, she questioned, curious, about what a three-year-old version of this man might look like.

Hearing that Mads had been spoiling the ever-living-peaches out of the kid didn’t surprise her at all. It became very clear, very quickly, how important his son was. Daisy understood. As an Americus? Family was everything. Everything, and then some. Josh spoke of not deserving the care his son received and she slowly shook her head, golden curls tumbling around her face, as she disagreed. “Caring for someone isn’t about who deserves what you goof. It’s just something we do. Something we all need.”

“Out of all of the resources in the galaxy there’s only one we never need to hunt down. There’s only one we never need to struggle to make more of. It’s just there. Love. There’s an endless supply. Your baby-boy should be loved…So should you.”

She hadn’t minded the discussion about Jason. It gave her another side to Josh. Something more than the other titles he had listed before. He was a Father. A Jedi, sure, and all the rest of the other stuff but she had no doubt in her mind that he was a daddy first. It was sweet. Josh asked about herself and Daisy tilted her head, a little unsure of where to start, before she took another sip of her drink.

“Ah’m a hot mess.”

It was accurate and honest. “Ah’m a force-sensitive Mandalorian.”, she started off, her small nose scrunching, while she tried to figure out if he knew what that meant. Exile. Persecution. And finally, the loss of her friends, her birth-world, and much of the culture. “My best friends are Madsy, Scherezade, my brother Dusty, and my cousin Maggie-Rae.”

“Ah work with the CIS since they gave us a place to rebuild. The Mandalorian Protectors is my main job but I do bartend at the Sierra Blanca on Haseria. We just started terraformin’ in that area so that we can grow our own veg. Ah love my family. They’re good people. Loyal.”

There was a certain level of pride in her voice when she spoke of her family. She couldn’t help it. They’d come through so much and they’d been rebuilding so much. There was rarely a day to rest and no one ever complained. They just kept going. “Haseria is beautiful. You’d like the park. Your son would too. Durango is a dusty little town but the peace and quiet are worth it. And my momma makes the best peach and jogan pie you’ve ever had…”

Daisy heard the song change, something pretty, and she perked up a little before she bit on her lower lip to keep from blurting it out. She wanted to dance. Specifically, she wanted to dance with her new…Maybe-Kinda-Sorta-Jedi-Friend. The tanned woman didn’t really know how to ask. They’d had such a rocky start he would probably just laugh at her…

Objective: Join the party
Peeps: None
Drunk: Not yet but getting there.

Yuroic wandered into the hall, he was wearing a black shirt and tie, his trousers were pressed with the shirt tucked into his belt. The clothes were tight to his muscular frame, it had been awhile since he had worn something so formal and he seemingly bulked substantially since the last occasion, he noted that next time he needed to buy something slightly large, felt like a single hard flex he would rip out of his shirt. Wandering down the way, he noted that people were acting strangely, a lot of flirting and seduction was happening. It was similar to a report he read about the pheromones affecting the SJO on Zeltros. Perhaps a similar thing was haplening here, though he wasn't sure as he was nkt feeling particularly flirting or sensing romance.

Shrugging it off, Yuroic decided to go for a drink. There seemed to only be one drink available which Yuroic found disappointing but he refused to let that ruin his day. Instead he took the glass of his drink and helped himself to a large gulp, emltying his first take before ordering a second one and nursing that one slower, he turned around and faced the room, curious to watch the on goings of this peculiar case.

"Linguistics is a bit of a small passion of mine, in the line of work I've had, knowing multiple languages is almost a must."
The Sith chuckled a little, thinking of the things he had done from lifetime to lifetime, then he smiled at her thanking him from saving her from herself and her thoughts, he clinked his cup against her's lights and took a sip of his own, noting the taste and savoring it for the moment.​
"No, we certainly wouldn't want to be getting lost in thought and alone on strange planets, now would we?"
A playful mischievousness passed over Rylan's face for a moment, his eyes scanning Rein, his sense prodding and scanning around her, he could sense something about the woman, she had skills clearly, and a presence within the force, would made him all the more intrigued with her. Eyes moving over her body, he took in curve, the smoothness of her skin, the freckles, those intense eyes, and the lovely locks of hair, she was a stunner to look at and behold.​
"So what's a heavenly body like you, doing in a place like this?"

A slender crimson brow perked in curiosity as he spoke of linguistics and needing them for his job. What job, in particular would need such a passion? There was something dark about this man but the warnings were beginning to fade with less effort.

"No. We wouldn't. I prefer company when I can gain it. Things tend to be much more interesting. Though-"

She'd pause as she caught his looked and though it'd only been for a flash and had caught her off guard for a moment it had let the sparkle within her gaze almost burst in amusement. So there's was a playful side to the dark stranger... That was good because seriousness was not something she would be after tonight. When Rylan brought the cup up to drink she'd follow suit.

Her gaze leaving him for only a moment to take in the amount of couples and flirting that seemed to fill the ever heating air, continuing her response that had previously been cut short."

"It does appear there is quite a bit to look at and distract someone with. Everyone seems to be enjoying one anothers company and getting close."

With that another drink was taken from her cup, the tip of her tongue peeking out to run along her lips, savoring the taste. No longer was she feeling any sort of worry about the man who'd brought her this booze and she was more sensitive to the feeling of his gaze on her than she had been before. Shifting just a bit where she stood to get more comfortable , pausing to let a waiter move passed them.

"Do I want to know how many times that line has worked?"

A teasing laugh broke through the air while her gaze locked with his once more.

[member="Rylan Kordel"]

will you sink down to me?
Form: Humanoid
Wear: Fish Net (literally); hair
Tag: [member="A'Runda"]
Mermaid_Divider.png

Damsy smiled at her lover. "I hope they are," she commented. "I'd love to see."

As she said those words, a plan was already forming in her mind.

"Do you have a comm?" she asked. She had recently gotten one of her own from Naroh Se, though it wasn't waterproofed. Because it wasn't, the wrist communicator usually lived on the throw pillows of the bed in her room that she rarely set foot into, but that would have to change if she and A'Runda wanted to stay in contact. Actually, a lot was going to change, but it didn't matter if it meant that they would be together in the end. "I don't remember my frequency, but I can call you."

He only nodded with what she said, registering her commentary before doing a quick glance about himself. When Rein's tongue moved across her lips, it took Rylan a moment to ignore the thoughts in his head, which he found odd, for he did find this woman appealing, but he didn't usually feel things for people, especially ones he barely he knew. With the waiter going by, Rylan found himself having to move in closer to Rein, the distance between just barely a hands width, and he found his eyes locked with her's once more.​
"Mmm, can't say as I remember using it before... At least not in this life time..."
A hand came to rest near his chin, a finger tapping against his lips in thought, his eyes twinkling with mischief once again, then he'd shrug and finish his glass, snapping his fingers and waving over another waiter to order another round of drinks for himself and his new acquaintance.​
"So tell me about yourself Rein, I can't say as I recognize you as one of the many faces I see with in the Confederacy when I come in."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom