Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mambo no. 5 [CIS Dominion of Thaere Privo | V-41]

Wearing: This ittie bittie white dress | Honey Boo Prototype Combat Boots
Wielding: 3 Czerka knives, in the boots.
Tags: [member="Brayden Antares"] [member="Faye Malvern"]

x7K6md.png
Brayden had not left her an opening to answer. Madalena frowned, her face still as unhappy as it had been a moment ago. Was something wrong? Was it Faye he was trying to hide, or Madalena? Neither options made any sort of a sense to the Sithling, and as the other two left without him as much as giving her a hug or a kiss goodbye, the twin's face went from unhappy to outright fallen. He hadn't even agreed to coming over tomorrow, just… Give her a call.

Madalena felt utterly miserable. Her brother's early return from the Unknown Regions was supposed to be a happy celebration. They were supposed to be together, and see each other, and all of the stuff they used to do before they decided to split. She had no wild notion that he would dedicate all his free time to her, and she had no plans of doing as such to him, yet it seemed now as though hoping for any time together was too tall of an order for him. And why? Surely not because of Faye. She'd seemed nice and genuine enough to not cause him to do that. So what was wrong?

The inside of her chest scratched in an uncomfortable way. There had been that warning about not drinking anything at the party, but a drink was the only thing she wanted right now.

Madalena walked back inside, fully intended on going back to the bar to grab herself something, when she realized what was happening. Well, not entirely, no. She did not know the drinks were laced. What she did know, was that everyone she saw was paired off. Not groups, not singles, but out right pairs. No one was alone, expect for her. She didn't even want to look for Josh and Daisy now, knowing fully well that it would be the last dink before she broken and started to cry if she'd find her two best friends also part of this whole pairing up nonsense. And yet at the same time she hoped for them that they were, because she did after all try to set them up.

With a wretched sigh, Madalena grabbed her coat, and for the first time since joining the Confederacy, left the party with her head down, her face covered by her hair, hoping no one would see that she was on the verge of crying.

~ Madalena out​

divider.png
Dates: [member="Josh DragonsFlame"]​
Wearing: X-O-X-O
Daisy was a little surprised to hear a Jedi agree with her on the subject of their all-holy Force. The golden-haired Mandalorian remained silent while he explained how he could influence the memories of others and the subject made her squirm. The thought of someone poking around in her cranium? Touching things? Prodding and poking at things they were never meant to see? It was her mind. She liked her thoughts to be her own, not, blown away on a whim.

“What happened?”

She was curious. Endlessly so. Daisy couldn’t understand the reluctance people had to dealing with their own pain. It hurt. Yes, of course, it did. That was why it was pain in the first place. It wasn’t meant to tickle. Erasing it didn’t get rid of it. The only thing she could see was the delay of some sort of cosmic storm. Eventually, all that anguish was going to come back, and pop like a fizzy drink that someone had shaken like a martini.

Once more, she listened. The Force was terrifying. Daisy would never not be haunted by being able to move things without touching them. Mads had taught her how to shield herself, hide her mind, but it wasn’t enough. By Mandalorian standards, she was a freak of nature twice over. By the standards of a Force User? She was basically a paper moppet playing around with matchsticks.

Thankfully, the subject changed. Daisy had never been happier to talk about a child in all her life. The healthily tanned woman took the data-pad so she could see the youngling and spent a good amount of time evaluating the munchkin. He was cute. His face still tinged with baby fat. Bright eyes. He was adorable in every sense of the world. “Ah bet you do. It can be hard to stay away from my family and ah don’t even have any kids yet.”

The notion of meeting the child made her smile a little bit. It was lopsided, far from perfect, but endearing all the same. Daisy corrected Josh on his views just a little bit and she nodded sagely when he agreed with her assessment. “Some people, like Madsy, just have goodness in them. She spoils your youngin’ because she wants to. Let her be good.”

“At least where he’s concerned.”

Madsy loved violence as much as she loved anything else. That she toned herself down so much to be an adequate role model for a child? It spoke volumes.

A small blush crawled up her neck when Josh called her cute. Her anger was dissipating faster than snow in the summertime. He spoke about having a little bit of Mandalorian heritage and she could only shake her head sadly at his assessment. It was true. “Ah’m sorry that happened. Unfortunately, they weren’t wrong. It’s why we left for Haseria.”

The notion of Josh bringing his youngling to visit made her happy. There were barbeques, games, fun places to hide—Basically anything a kid and parent might be looking for. The Sierra Blanca was no place for a kiddo but there were plenty of other family-friendly locations like the Grizzly Rose. “That would be nice. Ah could give you a tour…Show you the best places to visit.”

When Josh asked her if she wanted to dance her light blush deepened. Was she that obvious? The Mandalorian woman nodded her head, almost shy, and folded her hands in her lap. “Yes. We don’t have to if you don’t want to…Ah just don’t get to do things like this often. Mostly, we just fight.”

Sometimes, truthfully, she just liked to feel like a girl. Not a bucket head in beskar. Daisy would wait, her stomach twisting, until one way or the other Josh decided to offer her his hand or stay seated. Was there something wrong with just wanting to feel normal? Like they weren’t all gun-toting, force-wielding, wackos? She didn’t know, however, she knew one thing.

Daisy really wanted to dance with him.

Oh, but he did... He did. He knew very well how dangerous the Force could be. Using it responsibly... If one did not, well, he knew what could and would happen. As he would then explain to her just how dangerous it could be, and his own experiences with the almighty Force.

He let out a sigh. "The truth is... I loved her. And I let love blind me into acting irresponsibly, and not using the Force as a Jedi Master should. I wanted her to be happy, I wanted to help sate her wonders and her research and all that she pursued, I wanted her to not have to go through life wondering who she was or what her purpose in this life was with no answer accessible to her. But all I succeeded in doing was bringing back the bad memories... The things that made her what she wanted to be rid of in the first place. I reversed all the good that I did with the original wipe... And she didn't even remember the years we spent together."

He bit his lip as it sunk in wholly all that he had done.

"My irresponsibility has done Force knows what to her now. That's something I have to live with for the rest of my life. Any suffering she incurs in the future... It's on me."

That was the truth of what the Force could do. And the dangers it held if used irresponsibly. He had potentially irreparably damaged a life. One that he cherished deeply. All he could hope now was that the warning would ensure that Daisy never went through the same pain.

The topic changed, as he needed it to. His tone and mood completely changed when Jason came into the picture, as it always did. Daisy suggested he just let Maddy be good, let her spoil him, it didn't hurt anyone. Josh thought back to how she was as Scherezade...

And he agreed. Besides, if she ever did go back to Scherezade... It'd be good for her to have some good memories to take with her. All the time spent with Jason would hopefully help in some measure to heal. While he frowned when she confirmed what he'd been told about the Mandalorians, he'd already long accepted that was the reality of things. It was what it was, and he just nodded his head low and slow. While he was curious about what would be at this place though, he was certainly game to take Jason to visit, and he smiled at that. "I'd love a tour" He answered warmly. "We'll have to arrange that after the party, then."

And when he could get his head straight.

His offer to dance was accepted, and while she accepted, she noted that she didn't get to do these things often. Just fight.

"Fighting's pretty much most of what I do too. But... It's nice to have a bit of change."

He held out his hand and took hers gently, as he would lead the two of them toward the others. Pulling her in close, he took a deep breath as he quickly tried to mimic the motions of those around him to get a good feel for what they were supposed to be doing.

[member="Daisy Americus"]

As the people within the hall drank and danced, Ohavim walked among them. He was dressed in his regular servant's outfit, several trays of more of those drinks with love potions in them ready to be served for anyone who wanted to wet their lips before kissing their loved ones for the night.

Beneath the suit, was a creature not seen anywhere else in the galaxy, with red crab-like skin and a bird-like beak that could somehow easily break into a smile. His face was flexible enough, and he could speak basic, with a voice that could sound as sweet as he wanted to. On top of that, the nature of his biology permitted him to release pheromones, not unlike those of Zeltron did.

As he walked among the people, his cartoonish eyes befell on a couple that had just begun to dance - [member="Daisy Americus"] and [member="Josh DragonsFlame"].

Setting the tray aside, Ohavim picked up a violin from seemingly nowhere, and walked towards the couple, keeping a respectful and safe few feet away, and he began to sing to them in the sweetest voice either had most likely ever heard, encouraging the both of them... To kiss.

There you see her
Sitting there across the way
She don't got a lot to say
But there's something about her
And you don't know why
But you're dying to try
You wanna kiss girl
Yes, you want her
Look at her, you know you do
It's possible she wants you too
There's one way to ask her
It don't take a word, not a single word