Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Little Matters Purse

Status
Not open for further replies.
b5cdc11d76f3e86778f1bbe48bcfcf79.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Wanica Coven
  • Affiliation: Pom Stych Tivé
  • Market Status: Closed-Market, None
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: Personalization of outer decoration only
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Imbued Suede animal hide sewn with hair, decorated with amulets.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • A small 17.78 centimeters (7 inches) deep x 10.16 centimeters (4 inches) wide shoulder bag, with an 20.32 centimeters (8 inches) circumference opening) at its top, enchanted through intensive magick ritual resulting in alteration by Spirit Ichor, resulting in a power similar to dimension shift, so that this Nightsister can store and retrieve personal items without having to carry them on her person, a potentially volatile practice. This Nightsister simply shall have previously placed her necessities into her purse, the items being limited by the physical parameters of the purse's opening which is not much wider than her hand itself, to be free to retrieve them at a later time.

STRENGTHS
  • This Nightsister was a walking open-carry arsenal of volatile potions during crusades. One unforeseen hit to the chest and she could have unintentionally released a deadly cloud of magickal mayhem over everyone nearby. The purpose of this bag is to curb the extent of danger. (See "A" bellow in Description)
  • Within this purse, Pom's items are secured from accidental wastefulness, specifically due to possibility of potion vials shattering during physical confrontation.
  • In the security of her bag, this Nightsister's long labored craft is protected from search and seizure by non-force sensitives at security check points.
  • More items that might fit into a small purse of this size may be secured at once, up to 5.4 kilograms (12 pounds).
  • Suede is durable and not easily destroyed without effort.

WEAKNESSES
  • Suede has a potential for shrinkage. Water causes leather to shrink, and this purse would be rendered worthless if Pom is unable to insert her slender hand into the already small mouth of the bag, or shrinkage makes the stored item unable to be drawn out through the narrow opening. The bag may at times require re-stretching, leaving it's owner without her arsenal.
  • If Pom is physically unable to reach her hand into the pouch, then her items cannot be recalled from the purse. Items must be properly grasped.
  • Nothing leaves with purse without mindful magickal location of the item, for example a moment of mental focus regarding the item and cognitive incantation audible or silent.
  • Anything too big has zero chance of being stored into this bag.
  • The Spirit of Ichor is bright fluorescent and smoky green, bound to be witnessed by anyone near, if her actions are not properly hidden. The Ichor's tendrils of smoke travel before dissipating, and it will illuminate anything near it while the bag is in operation.
  • Mass limit is only 5.4 kilograms (12 pounds).
  • Fabrication requires months of frustratingly meticulous and advanced level Alchemy to create, as do the meticulous requirements of brewing many Potions, and the gathering and aging herbs from across the galaxy. Were this purse to be stolen or destroyed is to temporarily lose a great portion of her livelihood.
  • An Advanced Alchemist could creatively fathom the means to empty the contents of the purse.
  • The purse provides safekeeping from elements of the physical realm, but it does not eradicate all risk of exposure. Should an aged compound eat through its cork stopper, or a wax seal melt, the recall of such unstable potions unknowingly poses a risk to its owner. (See "B" below in Description)
  • This magickal item is not exempt from Force nullification factors, such as Ysalamiri or Void Stones, such would make retrieval of concealed items impossible.

DESCRIPTION
The Spirit of Ichor is a Nightsisters strength. It is the staple of power throughout her history, and each youth fervently studied the teachings of her foremothers. While she may grow when visiting people of other star systems, she hold an endearment her ancestral ways. The manifestation of Ichor is unique to her people, a gift from her gods, sacred, and an object of mystery to the rest of the galaxy. Its capabilities can only be explored among the covens of Dathomir.

The bag is charmed with her magick spell for the sole purpose to store, conceal and conjure only the things which are passed into it's small 20.32 centimeters (8 inch) circumference opening. Pom's hand must be inserted into the mouth of the bag to place and to withdraw her items. She must take a brief moment to mull over a short incantation in her thoughts, and mentally focus upon the specific item she desires to retrieve, to activate the magick of the Ichor in order for the conjuring to be successful. Nothing can be conjured without this minor orchestration. To any without her unique expertise, the purse is seemingly unremarkable, just a fashion statement. In addition, extra car should be taken to safeguard the purse from moisture absorption. Should it shrink it will be useless until it is reshaped, and after such a lengthy toil to create it!

Personally, although she has been introduced to many different forms of the galaxy's weaponry, Pom does not fancy the tech of modern civilization, but prefers to keep alive the old ways of her ancestors. Potions have ever been her weapon of choice. She has used this bag on numerous occasions to secure her apothecary, and it saved her life all on its own. At times it has even doubled as a carry-all for baby's needs, another life-saver. This purse is more than an accessory, it is a necessity. Pom no longer has to carry upon her person enough vials of potions which if she gets blasted in the chest would produce an epic catastrophe. This bag is an important safety requirement. It does not empower her to greater heights, but is my rational answer to the bandolier style vest she was originally outfitted, wherein she used to secure every potion she ever concocted for quick withdrawal. Imagine that while carrying an infant!

A) Pom's ancestors spoke warnings to their daughters through their Grimoires, writing: Be forewarned, my children, about guarding your livelihood during battle. I've seen a Nightsister's Potions shatter, all. She was picked off from her coven sisters, backed in a courtyard, fighting off those that be rebelling, and the jedi among them, the wretched savage hypocrites. She was struck in the chest by a projectile from a common slug thrower. Her tinctures plumed into the air a concoction so vile it surely weren't meant to exist inside a single bottle! They brought their fate upon themselves. My Sister's apothecary out in the open like it was, caused an instability that created a series of combustions that laid out their entire platoon to the denizens, even before she spoke a single word of incantation. Parts of her remains were discovered to be deep imbedded into the bedrock. The rebels surely did not foresee the danger.

B) Another excerpt of caution regarding the security of this remarkable magickal creation of the 'Little Matters Purse': I urge you to withdraw and inspect every vial you carry at regular intervals. While in suspension, potions are not infallible to aging nor exposure to other chemical elements. An expired corrosive potion can still eat through the cork stopper or cause its wax seal to disintegrate enough to seep contents under pressure, causing potions to lose effectiveness; or if released all at once become hazardous and cause an explosion inside of the bag. If leaked, corrosive potions can affect others stored with them. If numerous vials of potions become affected, the compound resulted can be quite undesirable, even volatile.

Last edited:
Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé | AMCO AMCO

This submission was brought to my attention and pulled.

This is in effect a D&D Bag of holding brought into Chaos. There is no canon equivalent of it, there is no canon item that has shown anything that has a similar power to this.

According to the factory rules:

• All submissions need to conform to the general idea of Star Wars. No Gundam Wings, no Transformers, etc.

This submission is in breach of those rules and, in my opinion, cannot be brought back into line with what is expected from submissions on this site without a complete re-write. As such I am going to deny this submission.

If you disagree with my ruling please feel free to make an appeal in the second chance thread.

SECOND CHANCE
John Locke John Locke
Submission Name:
Bag of Conjuring
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/bag-of-conjuring.150613/

Reason for Second Chance:
Fun historical facts found here When I was young my parents accused D&D to be of the devil, so I am pretty much D&D illiterate to this day. My search engine pulls a blank for "Dungeons and Dragons, Bag of Conjuring." The idea of how this operates is entirely from my own imagination. I used to send out my Nightsister with a vest loaded up inside with potions, the vest designed like one massive bandolier. I thought on how I could remedy this deadly approach her's.

I am told similar ideas for a Bag of Conjuring is found in D&D, HP, and LotR, which could specifically make the mere idea an item specifically belonging to witches for use, such as the Cauldron. George Lucus did not create his universe entirely from scratch.

Now for the creative B.S. which is why I enjoy the Nightsisters so much, how this item can certainly exist within Star Wars:
The Magickal Spirit of Ichor is said in Canon to 1) create objects, 2) imbue magick into objects, 3) conjure objects out of it, opening up a huge birth for creativity with Nightsister witchcraft. Two suede purses charmed using Force Alchemy while draped with Ichor, become imbued to accomplish a Dimension Shift, making it imbued with the Force to draw an item from bag 2 at point A (storage), into bag 1 at point B (character's possession), and vice versa.

Similar tech brought to my attention, created by other writers, each with their own uniqueness:
Farseer Traveling Bag
Sasori-kojie
Others still use amulets to draw items to their character's grasp.

I believed this to fall into the category of creative force powers. I like the idea of my character carrying a lady's purse with limits to what can be drawn through it, rather than stealing anyone else's idea and using an amulet for conjuring items. A purse in itself is not the creation of D&D, nor conjuring. But if the purse is the actual problem, I could choose to use a vest pocket, or a tulip if necessary.

Thank you for your consideration.

Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé

It seems that there is quite a bit to unpack here.

Fun historical facts found here When I was young my parents accused D&D to be of the devil, so I am pretty much D&D illiterate to this day. My search engine pulls a blank for "Dungeons and Dragons, Bag of Conjuring."
The information on your upbringing, though unique, holds no bearing on the status of this submission. These details and the contents of your Search History also do not impact the decision of this Factory Submission in any meaningful way. Whether or not you consciously (or unconsciously) created something that rings of a Dungeons and Dragons Bag of Holding or Hermione Granger's beaded handbag is entirely irrelevant.

I am told similar ideas for a Bag of Conjuring is found in D&D, HP, and LotR, which could specifically make the mere idea an item specifically belonging to witches for use, such as the Cauldron. George Lucus did not create his universe entirely from scratch.
This sort of item occurs in many fandoms and while George Lucas might have pulled from many mediums to create the Star Wars Universe - That doesn't mean that this item, as it is currently written, is acceptable. Just because it could exist via warping Force Powers and Force Alchemy to achieve the desired effects: Does not mean it should.

Now for the creative B.S. which is why I enjoy the Nightsisters so much, how this item can certainly exist within Star Wars:
Per the General Factory Rules:
  • All submissions need to conform to the general idea of Star Wars. No Gundam Wings, no Transformers, etc.
I understand that you feel it to be acceptable, however, when a submission is called into question this is a decision that we as Staff ultimately must make.

The Magickal Spirit of Ichor is said in Canon to 1) create objects, 2) imbue magick into objects, 3) conjure objects out of it, opening up a huge birth for creativity with Nightsister witchcraft. Two suede purses charmed using Force Alchemy while draped with Ichor, become imbued to accomplish a Dimension Shift, making it imbued with the Force to draw an item from bag 2 at point A (storage), into bag 1 at point B (character's possession), and vice versa.
Your liberal interpretation of these Force Powers does not line up with Canon or with the utilization of this item described in the submission itself.

Magical Ichor: Can be used for many things, however, it wasn't linked in the submission whatsoever and the submission does not function within the scope of what the Nightsisters have been shown to do in Canon. In fact, nothing, as far as "Links" go were added to support this submission.

From the Wookie said:
A shaman could manipulate spirit ichor into physical objects such as a goblet of blackroot, as Mother Talzin did for Count Dooku when he visited Dathomir during the Clone Wars.

The creation of a beverage, or even the summoning of a sword, doesn't have anything to do with transporting items via what has essentially become quantum tunneling. Even Dimension Shift is limited by one access point. Not two. You've created a miniature wormhole that your character is capable of using "Magic" to pull items from one side of the universe to the other with no actionable limitations. The strengths and weaknesses contradict one another. This is especially concerning for PVP scenarios in which we respectfully should be adding equipment to our initial posts, or, at least before the fighting begins.

This would conceivably allow any character with the bags in their possession to bring any item (within an unspecified size limit) to a fight at a whim. Without limit. They can instantly nope out of anything and counter, willy nilly, with barely a thought.

Similar tech brought to my attention, created by other writers, each with their own uniqueness:
Farseer Traveling Bag
Sasori-kojie
Others still use amulets to draw items to their character's grasp.
Per the General Factory Rules:
  • The factory will not base judgments on precedents or the approval of prior submissions.
Their own "uniqueness" is also what saves them, for now, from further scrutiny. The submissions you have listed, the amulet you mentioned, are not the submission that you have placed forward. If they exceed the means of their design they too (like any other submission) will be subject to similar review. You can even see on one of those submissions, a warning from a Judge, that all submissions must adhere to the general aesthetic of Star Wars.

I believed this to fall into the category of creative force powers.

You can be "creative" with your interpretation of the abilities of the Nightsisters in an RP setting, however, Factory (And the Codex) Submissions are subject to the rulesets in each section.

But if the purse is the actual problem, I could choose to use a vest pocket, or a tulip if necessary.

You could attempt this, however, we both know that the issue here isn't the purse. I'm assuming that this was a light-hearted joke.

Going Forward:

You can edit the submission and try and bring it back to Factory Standard so that it adheres to the Site Rules that have been quoted above. As mentioned in the Second Chance Thread, keep in mind, that if the submission is denied - This denial will be final. It may not be submitted again.​
Tag me when you're ready for me to take a look at your changes.​

Honestly, not knowing what in my prior write-up was like any D&D bag of conjuring, I did assume the issue was with a purse being used.

But now Srina Talon Srina Talon I see the point you have laid out. How is the submission looking so far? I feel it has been reigned in to a considerable degree. Does it need to go further?

I can see that you've made some adjustments.

One of the largest issues of the initial submission was the lack of true limitations, plus, the quantum tunneling between two points. It seems that you've removed reaching through space and time to telekinetically lift a potion from a nearby shelf and bring it back through a wormhole. That's a good start, though, I do have a few more notes for you.

Name of Submission: I would change the name of the submission from "Bag of Conjuring" to something a little more unique. This way it won't get accused of being a "Bag of Holding" in the future.

Primary Source: Good work linking these this time, but, please be mindful of the below information.
3) Magick, as well as Magic produced through Nightsisters' Spirit Ichor having the ability to teleport (similar to, though outside this item's intended function) and to conjure, Force Powers unique from the mainstream.
Be careful with this phrasing. We are not permitted to codify new force powers within the Factory or the Codex. It may not be listed explicitly in the Factory Rules but your submission falls on a lot of "Lore" to make it work. With that in mind - You would also have to adhere to Codex Rules.
  • Force Powers may not be submitted to the Codex.
  • Manufacturer: Personal product created by and for the sole use of my Nightsister character.
  • Affiliation: None.
  • Manufacturer: (Kuat Drive Yards, BlasTech Industries, [Character Name], etc. Please ensure you link these accordingly.)
  • Affiliation: (Individual Character Name (an individual PC/NPC who is permitted to use this item), Company Name(s) (Companies authorised to use this submission), Faction Name(s) (Factions authorised to use this submission), other potential options include a submitted NPC unit, or another general organisation/group.)

For Manufacturer and Affiliation, you would need to add the "Character Name" that created and owns it and link the associated profile or character sheet. This is especially important because it is now a "Unique" item.

Strengths: Some of these could use clarification. If a Nightsister knew the incantation, per the next line, "Only those experienced in Nightsister Magick would be capable of safely utilizing it's capability" they could steal the contents of the bag and access it. The bag itself could also be stolen and while the thief might not be able to get in...Wouldn't the contents be lost? That should be a weakness. If the bag is lost the items would no longer be accessible to the character because they're being stored in a fixed point.

In the security of her bag, this Nightsister's long labored craft is protected from search and seizure.

Weaknesses: Two things are missing, at least, that should be present. Even though the "Magic" of Dathomir is "thought" to be something different from the Force by those who practice it, Canonically, it is still manipulation of the Force.
  • If the bag is stolen the contents are lost and can no longer be accessed.
  • If the bag is exposed to Force Nullification, Void Stones, or Ysalamir the effects of the bag will be rendered inert.
  • A limitation on what can be placed in the back should be inserted as far as "volume" goes. (Ex. A weight limit. Or a number of items limit.)
  • The Weaknesses State: "A moment of strict mental focus is necessary in order to successfully conjure an item", however, the description states that it also requires an "Incantation" so I would adjust this weakness to reflect that.

Description: This statement isn't true per the Magick page from the Wookie.
Its capabilities can only be explored among the covens of Dathomir.

From the Wookie said:
The last Nightsister, Shelish, described Nightsister magick very similarly to the Force: as a living thing that arises from blood, trees, and mist. Anyone could learn to use magick, so long as they were Force-sensitive, as demonstrated by the Smuggler; however, first, they must breathe in a special energized mist which transforms the blood into ichor. The ichor, which appeared as a green mist,[SUP][9][/SUP] could then be used in the magicks. A special talisman was used during the ritual to energize said mist.[SUP][4] [/SUP]

This means that the only requirement is that they need to "breathe in a special energized mist" and then techniques can be learned and performed by other Force-Sensitives. Knowledge can be learned anywhere. I would remove that statement because it's misleading.

That's all the notes I have for now. Let me know when you're ready for me to take another pass.

I think this is almost ready to go, but, there are just a few things:

1.) Per the Factory Rules:
  • All measurements in all submissions must be in metric.
A small 7" deep x 4" wide shoulder bag, with an 8" circumference opening at its top,

More items that might fit into a small bag of this size may be secured at once, up to 12 pounds.

Volume limit is only 12 pounds.

small 8" circumference opening.

2.) Strength: This one doesn't quite make sense. Do you mean to say that she is protected from having volatile potions accidentally broken on her person since they are protected in the purse? You might want to adjust that wording a little.
This Nightsister no longer remains a walking arsenal of potentially volatile potions openly carried in her vest.

3.) Weakness: If the above Strength is true then the below weaknesses contradict one another a little bit. You may want to clear up that wording as well.
Within this bag, Pom's items are secured from accidental wastefulness, specifically due to possibility of shattering during physical confrontation.

If a potent vial were to leak due to exposure to elements or decomposing topper seals during transport, it would only become evident the next time she sticks her hand into the bag, and seeks that specific item.

While it is a safe-guard that items be mindfully recalled into the physical realm, chemical volatility is still a risk with certain compounds regardless of storage. Accidental internal combustion could prove potentially devastating for the bearer should a particular large scale disaster involving destabilization of potions occur inside the bag.

As always, tag me again when you're ready.

How is that? Srina Talon Srina Talon

I imagine there could be a potential for great danger regarding Pom storing potions in this bag, and also the separate situation of carrying them in her vest. The strength and weaknesses contradict one another regarding these two different ways of carrying potions. The strength is the bag solves issue number 1, but a weakness still exists due to entirely different circumstances. I did attempt to clarify both situations in the Description write-up.

I wasn't stating that those things couldn't be true - I was simply stating that the wording left the intention of the strengths and weaknesses cloudy.

This is MUCH better.

I will approve this submission, however, I will caution you to use it wisely. If it receives a legitimate report because it is being utilized outside the means described above it will be denied for the final time.

Otherwise, enjoy. [APPROVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom