Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junction Lions And Jedis And Stations... (Elysium | SJC - Empty Hex South of Anvil | Hoylin)

smalldivgold.png

Saff Saff

"Don't blame yourself. This operation went to chit the moment that di'kut decided to draw on Dorothea out in the open. The way I see it, we have two options. We can play it smart, or we can play it desperate: cut our losses and leave now, or sit around and hope a window of opportunity opens. Emphasis on hope."

A tired server mosied over. Juno ordered water and a nice, juicy shaak steak. When the woman left, she started anew.

"As for His Grace the King," she said, tone mocking, "don't even get me started. I swear on my armor and my gun, I'm only hunting Sith and real criminals after this. Ori'haat."

di'kut- idiot
Ori'haat- It's the truth, I swear
smalldivgold.png

The deep colour of red that accompanied Saff's anger was only matched by the red-tinged juice she ordered. A growl accompanied her sigh and a slump accompanied her growl.

"Sith, Criminals on world, and... maybe some mercenary work. By the force i swear i wont touch another royally sanctioned bounty long as i live," she hissed, still feeling an itch of dismay over the strange dampeners that had washed over her earlier. it felt wrong for her blades to be so diminished.

"I will happily find the first random drug-lord bounty available and fly right to it. Sure we could desperately crash another meeting, but what the hell happened with that disturbance at the start of it all?"

Objective: 3
Tags: Haon Hafey Haon Hafey Juno Wren Juno Wren Saff Saff Matsu Ike Matsu Ike Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy Gir Quee Gir Quee Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

The geonosian, the very one that had ruined Severus' reputation as a lawyer during the Brodan Dobson trial, was now offering security for him. Amazing. Back then Severus would have declined without hesitation, but times had changed. His family had lost a lot of wealth and influence lately and he would much prefer to be on the boy's ship surrounded by the geonosian's droids. It would be the closest he could get to being royalty for a while. "Yes, please, any security is useful...and thank you for it. When I'm able, I'll make sure you receive compensation."

He still had to cringe internally as the words exited his mouth. He hated asking for help, and he hated paying people. But he had little choice. Though he doubted the ability of the geonosian to protect him personally. The insectoid looked frail, like a starving animal. But again, any protection would be useful if there were hunters about.

"Well, I'm off to get that food..." Severus began to make his way to the door to follow Sor-Jan.

Objective: 1

Lori walked into the meeting room finally, after Viken Dobson Viken Dobson had. She breathed a quiet sigh of relief once she saw Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson there. Good. Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun hadn't gotten her yet. But still, the bounties were a problem and unnecessary. Yet he wouldn't remove them. Such a move didn't help to build any good foundation in their marriage at all. And as of late, her efforts to remove the bounties and arrest warrants through the senate and other political channels had failed. There was talk about how it could potentially brand her as a traitor, and of course she didn't want that. So instead she had to try to figure out some other way.

Instead of sitting next to Rex, Lori chose to sit down next to the twins Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy . She had only seen them in passing before and if she got the chance, she was sure to tell them of how she was a twin as well. Caedyn Arenais was supposed to be there with her, but something else had to get in the way. More than likely there were far worse troubles out there than the bounty hunters that she was facing.

Lori turned her attention to Matsu Ike Matsu Ike . "Thank you so much for your help. I'm sorry that I'm late. But I thank you for waiting, unless the meeting had already begun?"

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig smiled under his helmet, then nodded towards Cruk as Dorthea introduced him to the Geonosian.

"It's an honor to meet you. I'm Mig, Clan Gred, House Solus. My clan's actually quite involved in production and design ourselves. I'm not the best at it, but I've seen some unique designs come through. Maybe we'll a chance to talk about after this meeting?" Mig would then follow the group to the meeting room, slowly walking in along with them before taking a position near the door. He knew he was still security. Even if he wanted to talk to a few people it'd probably have to wait, especially after there was already one attempt at least. He looked back around at everyone there. Familiar, new, and curious all there together.

This was somewhat part of what he liked about these meetings, but he wasn't really missing being involved. These things sometimes got messy, and on occasion being a Mandalorian only made those meeting worse. So he'd take his watching position. If someone walked up he'd talk, but right now he just waited.

Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson Haon Hafey Haon Hafey Hayde Torve Hayde Torve Hachi X-0 Hachi X-0 Juno Wren Juno Wren Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Viken Dobson Viken Dobson Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy Caedyn Arenais Saff Saff Juno Wren Juno Wren Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun Matsu Ike Matsu Ike Severus Dobson Severus Dobson

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition
Objective 1

Dorthea, Cruk Tuk Cruk Tuk , Mig Gred Mig Gred , Viken Dobson Viken Dobson , and Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun all arrived around then, as Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha offered the hospitality of his ship. Burtch listened as each of the new arrivals made their introductions. Cruk was formal as always, Viken showed signs of being uncomfortable, as usual, and Dorthea was attacking the King, Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun again…

wait

Burtch stood from his chair and he shot a desperate look at Matsu Ike Matsu Ike as if to ask for her assistance in managing this. He then ignored everyone else in the room, acknowledging the danger that Dorthea was presenting, hoping that Matsu Ike Matsu Ike would back him up on this. "Dorthea, I implore you to avoid addressing the bounty at this time, as this is supposed to be a friendly meeting with our allies."

Dorthea immediately scoffed at Burtch in that irritating way that only she could accomplish and looked towards Matsu Ike Matsu Ike herself, "I would think that the man that would hire Bounty hunters to attack your guests would be unwelcome here? Or is this what the Silver Jedi Concord deems as acceptable diplomacy?"

Gir Quee Gir Quee Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy

Last edited:
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Objective 1

The jedi master stood there and looked at the king, the Dobson and the Admiral. Her voice came out as she looked at them with a raised eyebrow. "I was not aware of the bounty at the time, I would have taken other precautions to do it but yes as my guest I would expect them to act with decorum." The jedi master remained quiet for a moment. Her hands remaining on the table as she reached out with the force and brought up the station on the screens with her connection to the force. THe hyperdrive kicking in but they weren't jumping to a new location. PUrple swirls with yellows and white outside. "There we will be in a neutral location, no bounty talks, just what we are going for." She said it and looked at them.

Second King of The Elysium Empire
Tags: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson Caedyn Arenais Matsu Ike Matsu Ike Haon Hafey Haon Hafey Gir Quee Gir Quee

Rex had been laser focused on the news on his holo tablet. He had only found one article supporting him, and it wasn't even that good...just one of those massively biased pieces that lost all credibility within the first paragraph. Rex sighed, annoyed at the many setbacks he had faced. He didn't even know why he was here at this meeting. The Nomads were independent, and The Imperium was going to profit no matter what. That's why he had simply sat here this whole time.

Minutes ago he had ordered a coffee from the ever-popular Empire Coffee company, but it hadn't been delivered until just seconds ago. He had tipped the droid, taken a sip of the drink, and then spat it out when his favorite Dobson, Dorthea, came in running her mouth about some not-so-unknown "overblown galactic figurehead" and "bounties". She was such a karking pain in the rear. He was considering giving her a reward if she would turn herself in, but at this point he'd give her the national medal if she'd just shut up.

"Hello, criminal. Here to turn yourself in and help take down your father yet?"

Just when it had appeared that the meeting could start in full, Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson arrived pointing fingers at Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun . Of course she wasn't entirely wrong, but there was a time and a place for everything. And this wasn't it. Even Matsu Ike Matsu Ike seemed to believe so.

"Chief Director....please listen to Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch 's sound advice."

"King Valhoun of the Imperium, it is wrong accuse one of criminality, bringing up a subject that has no place during what is a diplomatic meeting of intergalactic importance."

"Yes. The internal squabble can be saved for later. Right now we must focus on trade and protecting those routes from danger."

"War may not keep from our borders for long. The Silvers know it too well. Learn from them. Safeguarding these routes will ensure the survival of many."

Willow and Ivy turned their attention to Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun , studying her for a moment. "You have something that could be useful in the future."

"But that depends on many factors."

"Continue to safeguard what you were given by your Angels' namesake."

"We only hope that it won't be needed."

The twins looked to everyone in turn. They didn't want to try to run the meeting, and were quite used to just being observers. But this meeting was important and couldn't be derailed for much longer.

Tags: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson Caedyn Arenais Matsu Ike Matsu Ike Haon Hafey Haon Hafey Gir Quee Gir Quee

Rex had been too focused on his holotablet, because he hadn't even noticed The Prophets Willow and Ivy, and The Grand Admiral Burtch, and Matsu Ike until now. Apparently the meeting had moved toward him as if his input was important. What a silly notion. Didn't they know he was irrelevant? He couldn't even be involved in the treaty giving The Nomads independence. He stood up in a gesture of respect toward those around him, took a sip of his coffee, and then addressed the group.

"With due respect, prophets, I won't distort the truth for the sake of being diplomatically proper. I don't think it is, in any nation, legal to avoid arrest warrants. Mrs. Dobson went from a valuable ally to an enemy of the people she once served. If she wishes to return to her previous status, all she needs to do is cooperate."

"Ms. Ike, my apologies for my absence. The Imperium has been on shaky ground lately and I was just checking in on our news. How may I be of assistance? Has an agreement been made between The Nomad People's and The Silver Jedi Concord?"

Objective 1 (if convenient) and 3: Protect the Dobsons (Minus Brodan).
Post 5

People nearby: Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson Mig Gred Mig Gred Severus Dobson Severus Dobson Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch and Viken Dobson Viken Dobson Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun
Unsure if they are: Saff Saff

Cruk nodded to Severus Dobson Severus Dobson , the 6 Common Battle Droids had just returned and he considered how to best manage his resources. As they were, it was likely unnecessary to keep most of them here. He spoke to them shortly and had 8 of the droids follow Severus with the orders to protect him from threats, though he did speak about the matter, "I would advise remaining with the group. However should you depart these may follow you, whether they are sufficient or not may be seen." he said. He'd let the man make his own decisions. He wasn't going to send an elite with him at present, he didn't know if there were going to be any more threats and it was better to have direct contact to those he could give orders to.

Mig Gred Mig Gred apparently was involved in weapons, that was good indeed. "Certainly. The Hive could assist in production or designing. We have produced for others before. We need only coordinate to do so." He said. Additional productions, even if they needed to be produced in smaller numbers, were always welcome. All the better from someone experienced in the usage of weapons. Designers and consumers were not always the same group, and that disconnect sometimes could cause issues.

Cruk looked at Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch and Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson with their short disagreement. He could not see why bringing up a bounty would be wrong in these circumstances. "Given that there was just an attack, it was quite relevant." he stated. Matsu Ike Matsu Ike seemed to want no talk of it however. He spoke no further on it...yet.

Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun seemed just as eager to bring it up again though, while Cruk may not have responded immediately on 'distortion of truth' he did respond on the matter of legality,
"Then you have thought incorrectly. Ignoring refugees assuming there was a language error. My Hive is not currently a formal nation, but I could make it one as we already have all we need to do so, including our own legal system. 'Fleeing from arrest' would not necessarily count as its own crime. Though they are far less likely to be taken alive if they do run." He was quite comfortable speaking as he did towards the king, while he was hardly their sole contract for weapons, droids, and ships, he also had almost no issues with simply leaving if needed since most of their production could essentially be packed up and moved to a new location. Additionally he believed it could be important to keep his position straight, he wasn't being outright disrespectful, but he wasn't fully bending the knee either.

He then quickly changed to the matter at hand, "On the matter of agreements, the Hive naturally could sell products as needed to help guard the trade routes. Or produce the designs given. Trade Routes are highly beneficial and can further assist a galactic economy."

Troops:
2x Katitik Hive Elites
12x Common Battle Droids equipped with KS-5R sonic blaster rifles (8 to go with Severus Dobson Severus Dobson )

Equipment:
Beam weapon (on his back)
Personal Energy Shield
Translating Vocoder (around his neck)
Static Pike

Ship (probably won't come into play but adding it for convenience on departure from thread): Val Khar B Class Corvette with 4x Saberdroids
Operated mostly by Common Battle Droids with and geonosians.

Dorthea Dobson

Chief Director of Damascus Station
Protection:

Uniform
Body armor
Energy Shield
Hold out blaster
ECP-44 (Now returned to Dorthea by Mig Gred)
x3 Holy Knight Infantrymen (4, but one has perished)
-Two knights are assigned 1 Garmr Battle Dog mk1 each.​
-one ECP droid has been assigned to this unit (now perished)​
-under the command of the wookie, Knight Bacceercha.​

Objective 1

Irritation turned to rage inside of Dorthea as she felt that no one was listening to her. Burtch — for all his Chiss-like sensibilities — had tried to sweep her concerns away as if they were nothing, and Matsu — wanting to keep the peace — had chosen to follow Burtch's line of thinking. It was a shame that those two would become Dorthea's opponents right at the beginning of this meeting, as she greatly respected them both. But it couldn't be helped. She couldn't even go to a meeting with her allies without getting jumped by bounty hunters, and the man responsible for all this was sitting right at the discussion table, offering nothing of value it seemed anyways. She simply could not let this stand!

Then, of course, Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun decided that the conversation was worth his oh-so-valuable time as he put his karking datapad away and took the time to call Dorthea a criminal and implying that she should turn herself in and help him "bring down her father".

She scoffed at him in disgust, "last time I checked, you already had him in chains, so you don't need my help for squat! And, tell me — no, tell everyone here exactly what I'm guilty of doing? Was it the time I protected Var-Sulis Var-Sulis from getting arrested for daring to criticize you? Or is it because I'm related to Arken Dobson Arken Dobson ? I think everyone wants to hear this story…"

And then the twins spoke up. Kark…

Dorthea wasn't keen on this religion that the represented, but she appreciated their innocence and what they did to keep Damascus Station in a stable state. She needed them. She simply stared at them for a moment, fuming, and tried to figure out how to talk to them calmly about the situation. They just wanted everyone get along, but Dorthea couldn't figure out why they couldn't see Dortheas side on this…

"With due respect, prophets, I won't distort the truth for the sake of being diplomatically proper. I don't think it is, in any nation, legal to avoid arrest warrants. Mrs. Dobson went from a valuable ally to an enemy of the people she once served. If she wishes to return to her previous status, all she needs to do is cooperate."

"Ms. Ike, my apologies for my absence. The Imperium has been on shaky ground lately and I was just checking in on our news. How may I be of assistance? Has an agreement been made between The Nomad People's and The Silver Jedi Concord?"

That snapped Dorthea into focus and rage continued to pool inside her! She snapped at him, "Like I said, tyrant! You can either list my charges for everyone in the room with a full description, or Karking get out! I'm not going to be bullied by the likes of entitled monarchs like you, and I'm not negotiating until you vow to drop my kriffing charges, or you remove yourself from this meeting!"

Then, out of nowhere, Cruk Tuk Cruk Tuk offered his own observations.

That seemed to push the red from her vision back a bit as she realized that he was actually helping her! Suddenly, she was torn between the choice of leaping to strangle Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun or hugging the weird bug-man for supporting her!

There was a pause in the air, as Cruk's words soaked into the whole room. Finally, Dorthea spoke up next, addressing Matsu Ike Matsu Ike , "As your invited guest, am I not under your protection? And if any of your other guests violate this status of 'sanctuary' that you offer, are they not punished? Rex has sent men to attack me in your own home and people have died! How can you let this man sit here and exploit your hospitality to attack your guests? I hereby ask you to remove him so the negotiations can proceed naturally. He’s not even needed here for this, really."

Tags: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson Caedyn Arenais Matsu Ike Matsu Ike Gir Quee Gir Quee Cruk Tuk Cruk Tuk

"Ms. Dobson, I have willingly removed myself from one meeting for you and out of Diplomatic Necessity. I will not do it again. You are wanted for arrest because your father, while he may be imprisoned, has many connections. Your family has caused many problems and I don't know that I can trust you. Again if you would turn yourself in and answer some questions, you could quickly become the valued ally you once were to us, and as I have explained to Loreena I cannot drop charges on someone who has resisted arrest. Is it not enough that I haven't added that charge?"

He would say no more on the matter. It was too much already. He was revealing that the arrest warrant was partially political, and he had revealed that he didn't know who was on Arken's side. That was enough information to cause problems if it reached the right ears.

"Ms. Ike, again I apologize for this interruption. The bounty on Dorthea and her family did not specify when it could be fulfilled, and you know how hunters are..."

As for Cruk Tuk, Rex was slightly confused at his statements. Rex hadn't asked for the laws of Cruk's hive, but perhaps he had missed something, so instead of a response he simply gave the geonosian a nod.

The jedi master stood there and listened to all of them, her eyes watching and face blank. She listened to both sides and weighed it. Doubtful that either side would be agreeable well yay... but they were negotiating here. "The crucible was chosen at the mid way point because it has the best in terms of accommodations for resupply and can hold a great deal. Sasori built it but it is operated outside of my influence... So it is not my house anyone is in right now. We aren't even in a charted section of space thanks to the dimensional drive. To make the neutrality even more important." She said it and looked at them motioning to the seats. "At the moment I am not certain who is needed to best discuss things here and I do not want to kick either of you out understood but for the time Dorathea it is you who are seeking to antagonize and make things hostile. What has happened early is important but for now please step outside."

Lori frowned as Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun continued to egg Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson on. Once again he only proved that Dorthea's crime was only due to being a relation. And no matter what Lori had said, he just had to make a spectacle of it all. What's more is that she was unaware that anyone had died. That was something that she'd have to look into later.

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike seemed to chime in on the matter, asking for Dorthea to leave. Lori glanced over at Rex whom was probably pleased with the whole idea. She sighed. "I'm sorry, Dorthea. Rex won't take anyone's word on the issue, including mine. An interrogation on that basis only proves that it'll be rigged. So let's just go. We can compare notes on the hunters we've confronted here."

Lori got to her feet, hoping that Dorthea wouldn't stop her and would ask Viken Dobson Viken Dobson to join them. According to Rex the Elysium had no interest in a trade deal with the Silvers, or at least that was what his comment had implied. But she had other avenues for it that didn't involve any government on her end. And as the twins Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy had suggested, she would keep certain things to herself.

Cruk Tuk Cruk Tuk Mig Gred Mig Gred

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Burtch felt sadness and fear as Dorthea left the room in shame. He knew her well enough to know that this would incite wrath from her on an untold level. Exactly who would receive that wrath was not something Burtch could predict, but he knew it was coming. He hoped that it would not be directed at Matsu Ike Matsu Ike .

He watched as some members of the meeting began to get up and leave to join Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha on his luxurious ship docked with the station, or leave with Dorthea. He took stock of those that were staying. Most notably, Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy were sticking around along with Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun and Matsu Ike Matsu Ike . Burtch still wanted to discuss more details regarding the safety issues of the trade route.

He turned to Matsu Ike Matsu Ike , “we should discuss military assets that will be dedicated to this arrangement. I believe that a series of space stations would be appropriate for establishing waypoints between our two nations. The Nomadic Peoples Coalition and the Elysium Imperium have technological assets that would be helpful, and we understand that you also have an array of advanced technology to offer. The question is, how will we fit these pieces together?”

Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch

She looked at the ones leaving and remained where she was listenign to the grand admiral and she nodded. "We do, we have developed advanced ships and components. Patrolling the area on our side and along the route to the crucible can be done... we have monitoring stations and we have developed autonomous flowers for defensive measures." Their ships were designed to release and manufacture several of the flowers which were largely just turbolasers batteries you set in position and let shoot on anything that wasn't you... not the most discerning. "Combining the forces though we have craft for coordination and working across longer distances."

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Burtch was largely pleased by what Matsu Ike Matsu Ike had just proposed. Still, he felt as though both parties should be involved in the construction of monitor stations. He looked to his assistant, who had her droid with her, and the droid began to project holoimages of various technologies with streams of data beside each image as they each rotated 360° before switching to a new image.

Burtch then spoke to the grand master, "I think it would be most appropriate if we build monitoring stations that used assets from all parties. A unique series of stations, if you will, strictly made for monitoring this trade route. The Nomadic Peoples Coalition can provide advanced etheric sonar sensors, weapons to counter molecular shields, targeting software, and an abundance of troops that are specifically trained to protect spacefaring vessels. The Elysium Imperium also has assets like point defence turrets, smoke generators, and marines. I think that if we combine our technologies, troops, and assets together, we can build highly formidable waypoints for our merchant ships as they traverse the distance."

Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch

She listened to the man and what he was proposing with a nod of her hand and she clapped hands at the end. "A joint station project... I like it." SHe said it and motioned to the viewport showing the dreamscape with swirling purples and gold... other colors that moved at odds. A station appearing outside. "A disclaimer, this pocket dimension of hyperspace reads your mind and what you are imagining can become reality... in this case Sasori and my jedi use it to visualize concepts and try to understand other more... interesting prospects it is how we developed the rhion repair and upgrade canisters for ships and managed to make our starships protected but the material weightless. THe exotic matter of this dimension has no physical presence but it can still exist."

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Burtch frowned in confusion as Matsu Ike Matsu Ike described the dimension that they were in and Burtch finally looked outside. He had known that they had… jumped somewhere, but he hadn’t noticed the strange phenomenon outside the window until now. Matsu’s earlier words suddenly rang in his mind and he felt a little embarrassed at how he hadn’t stopped to consider their earlier meaning. Inwardly, he sighed, Keatoch Keatoch wouldn’t have missed that. Actually, literally any other Chiss would have caught that and deduced the nature of what was going on.

Burtch lamented his lack-lustre intellect once more, as he always seemed to have to work ten times harder to learn half as much as his own people. He did, indeed, put in the work, and he had abundant experience in what he did, but he was not the brilliant mind that his people revered and praised as they did to his brother. Here, some kind of rare scientific phenomenon was in full display before him, and his mind was clogged up with tactical, strategic, and a little bit of political academia, but his studies in the art of science were severely lacking.

He stepped beside Matsu Ike Matsu Ike and observed the image of a station as it seemed to… materialize at the whim of her thoughts. He offered a nodding frown of approval, pretending to understand, “Most impressive. The structure you propose, here, if I understand this phenomenon correctly, has many options. I think that since only a restricted number of these monitoring stations will be built, we can afford to make use of more… proprietary assets. I propose adding… these to the superstructure.”

Burtch attempted to add a special sensor dish to the image before them using his mind. He hoped it would work…

“This will hopefully act as an early warning system for vessels that are travelling the route and may be under threat of a stealth attack.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom