Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Etheric Sonar Array

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition

Etheric Sonar Array

IMG_1845.png

Divider12.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create an anti-stealth sensor array that uses the Etheric Modulator Component
  • Image Source: Cropped from a private Adamkop commission I had done a while back. Source material is in my emails. Link to a sample of the uncropped image is here -> (X)
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions:
    • For Dar'Manda Industries (X)
    • Members of the Nomadic Peoples Coalition and the Elysium Imperium are hereby permitted to use this technology in the creation of starship/vehicle submissions as they wish as long as those submissions are affiliated with these aforementioned factions.
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Creates pulses in the luminiferous aether, which can reverberate off of cloaked physical objects and bounce back to the source.
STRENGTHS
  • Anti-Stealth — this sensor uses the luminiferous aether as a means of bypassing conventional detection mediums such as light, sound, sensor waves, gravity masses, magnetic signatures, etc., thus resulting in a much higher chance of detecting cloaked objects.
  • Compatible with stealth — stealth vehicles often suffer from being blind in their own right. A stealth vehicle that is equipped with this system installed can now obtain sensor data without having to disable stealth mode, or giving away their own location, as the etheric sonar pulses are theoretically imperceptible to modern conventional sensors.
WEAKNESSES
  • Energy signatures — the etheric sonar array cannot discern the energy output of a detected object. Readings such as life-signs, weapons powering-up, or hyperdrive activation are not perceptible to these sensors because they do not have a physical presence.
  • Ion/EMP — ion/EMP can cause these sensors to lose their ability to receive data for a short period of time.
DESCRIPTION
When it comes to revealing stealth objects via sensors, every possible method helps. When Viken Dobson invented the Etheric Modulation Component, anti-stealth technologies were amongst the first things that were explored. It was quickly discovered that by boosting the modulators to a pulsing emitter that a series of frequency bursts could be created. Then, by choosing the right frequency, those bursts would have the ability to bounce off of nearby objects and return to the source with readable data.

Since etheric modulation technology is entirely new to the galaxy, it is extremely unlikely that any other factions have the ability to perceive these sonar pulses with their own sensors. Therefore, this system gives stealth vehicles the potential ability to “see” while they are hidden without being detected by their own sensory output.
Divider12.png

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch

• Please link the proper art's link not just the creator's entire gallery. Even if I tried to narrow the search, I still got more than 200 "commission" art what the system gave me. And if it was a personal commission, please mention this in this field.
  • Affiliation, please delete nearly everything and keep only the company, or Viken Dobson or one of the factions. Semi unique is for, you can see below. And you wrote a company, a person, a minor and a major faction. So please modify this.
    Semi-Unique (A single small unit, squad, or squadron)
  • About the "Revealing" you cannot write this in such absolute way. You always have to give a chance the other player to avoid your attacks and actions without godmodding, not to mention many stealth and cloacking device working on such a way they absorb evey light, sound, sensor wave, etc., and this is how they are remain invisible. So in the light of this, please reword the Revealing, like "it may be able to reveal" or "it has larger chance to be discover the stealth/cloaking technology than traditional technologies".

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition
MANIAC MANIAC

Excellent, thank you.

The fixes that have been made are as follows:
  • I have adjusted the wording of the image source data to make it much clearer. I am happy to make more changes for better clarity if needed. I use this source material a lot, so I’m more than happy to nail this format down.
  • Not sure why I added all those affiliations, honestly. I think I just cut-and-pasted from another template and forgot to edit it. The affiliations section is fixed now.
  • I have adjusted the wording in the strengths section. Thank you for your help with that.
And I think that is all. I’m more than happy to make more changes if you think of any. This etheric technology is experimental in IC and OOC, so the feedback is very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom