Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limiting the amount of Factions you can join

[member="Darth Vornskr"] [member="Tefka"]

According to this proposal you would be able to create a subaccount, perhaps a different identity of Kaine, inside the Primeval - so you can still rule as the Warlord of the planet.

Or would this be considered subverting the rules?

Cira said:
To clarify. As long as they are not minor faction forums that's fine? I know we have members with companies, GUIDE , the OOC war planning forums for planning new ways to fleet.

We also have members who have created factions of their own as a place to plot out their tech crafting and such.
Any non-Major Faction is a Minor Faction. For now, you'd be on your own in finding solutions or a middle ground.

However, if we made it past the concept of the suggestion, Staff would be open to discussing possible work-arounds that do not violate the hard rule.

I stress with you, as I did with others. This concept does not work if there are exceptions.

If I allowed one exception, it is only fair that I would allow them all. Then this would undermine the proposal completely.

Darth Vyrassu

Immortal Jen'ari Sith Emperor
I don't agree to this simply because of you limit the amount of major Factions a member can be in, then alliances can't be formed, I know members in here who are in two separate major Factions only because the two Major Factions are allies, this allows members to be active in their alliances faction as well as their own, if you don't limit the number of major Factions then I'm ok with it,

Like you want to limit each character to only 3 Factions that's fine but don't limit it to be only one of them can be a major faction,

I myself as well as a few other members would find issues with this if you did limit our 3 Factions to only one major faction

Kinda strengthens us alt guys but, I feel sorry for those running the academy for example, or trying to unify the Jedi order as it'll splinter further. Not that I am or my alts for that matter, too many other threads to post in, but its a cool IC goal.

I would ask that an exception be made for boardwide groups like that, even if I know the answer is no, and even if I am not in it actively. Would suck if nobody at least spoke up for them before this change was done, least I can look back and say I tried guys. - And would really, really ask that the staff look at that case specifically before going ahead.

More than had my 2cents though, thanks for the back and forth tef, much respect mate chatting with us all first.

[member="Darth Vyrassu"] - Mind boggling idea incoming for alliances... Like seriously, take a seat on an exceptionally sturdy chair... This suggestion is heavy man, like far out... It'll blow your mind....

Want an alliance? Pitch it in both Major Faction forums.... Have the FA team call council in Skype or a mass PM or such... They can convey through PM or skype the ideas and feelings of the prospective Major Faction(s) they originate from, and hammer out details in the PM/on Skype. When an agreement is reached... And this is where it gets nuts, so you might want to like, buckle a seat-belt or hold onto a wall-stud or like... Nail the chain down.... When an agreement is reached, in order to foster discussion for the Alliance and enable communication and plot planning, etc...You make a minor faction forum to debut the alliance.. Anyone in the Aliiance or interested in particpating as part of the 'coalition forces' joins the new minor faction... Because honestly? Two or more Major Factions with a firm, lasting, and solidified alliance is a pretty damned amazingly powerful thing. And if this ruling goes through... Which I know understand it well enough to be fully in favor that it does go through... I fully believe and endorse you should give up a minor faction slot to participate in it.

Now, for things like say... A sort of PMC type deal, wherein you have exclusivity with a singular faction, but want to retain your 'quasi' independence? The Dreadguard have an awesome example for that... You make/ask for a sub-forum in that major faction... And you conduct personal business there... Darth Praelior I believe even had the Sith Magic sub-boards on the OS forums restricted somehow (I could easily be wrong there, don't quote me!!!!)... So you can possibly regulate access and privacy if... for some reason... You 'needed' or wanted to.... Same can go for Mercenaries.. .Each Major Faction can make a merc board... When they hire you... any coordination with others of your Ilk can be done theri, you have places to plan your unique sub plots, and when you are done, you leave.

As for not being able to be in multiple factions at once to work for multiples of them, or be in two factions at once so you can be a planetary lord and have all of the.... whatever it is you get from that..... I know it sucks... But sometimes, you just can't have all the things, and a few truly minor details have to be compromised on so that everyone is better off.

[member="Cira"]

Cira said:
Would this push forward the idea that only one writer can be a FA/ FO for one major faction only?
I think it should be brought to the table considering the Context of the Opening post.
I think there was some belief that this was the case back when I was much involved in faction administration (for three majors, at one point... Oops!), so it does make sense.

I can get behind this, because it should make it harder for people like me to glut myself on being Helpy Helperton to the detriment of my commitments to other writers. :p

Thinking back, and after talking to some of my friends, I've realized how terrible of an idea this is.

You want to limit major factions? Do so. But minor factions are a different thing entirely. Minor factions aren't here for the board game, and now they're being limited because of some issues with the board game?

It's not right. I've been in a number of minor factions, I own one, and for them to be limited isn't okay. Look at factions like the Galactic Battle Arena. Has absolutely nothing to do with major factions of any kind, but its just a place where people can write together in amazing ways. But with this rule, people will have to pick which minor factions they go into.

Limit majors. Don't limit minors.

[member="Darth Ferus"]
Let's not forget that all majors start as minors, so they do play a roll in the game board. And I'm sure that factions like the Rebel Alliance would argue they are a part of the game board as well. Just because they don't have an influence cloud doesn't mean that they aren't part of the game board.

[member="Barrien Siegfried"]

The Sith Assassins
The Galactic Battle Arena
The Order of the Grey

Three factions that have nothing to do with the board game. Three groups that were made to be a fun place to RP.

Three places that will loose member if this rule goes into effect.

A minor group goes major? Members will have to give up what ever major group they were in to be a part of the new group.

Easy compromise without destroying these groups people work hard to do.

[member="Barrien Siegfried"]

Right, but I think [member="Darth Ferus"] still has a solid point about it. Minor factions are usually more focused on story or on planning, organizing or otherwise establishing some order in the... chaos. I am not entirely sure why minor factions should really be restricted, major? I can see some logic in that.

[member="Tefka"]

How is this going to effect activity within two major factions? I don't think I saw a response to it before, but I know that it was brought up. Like in the case of the Primeval, a lot of the Warlords are indeed members of the One Sith, often at ranks of knight or higher. Will they just be left to choose a major faction or can they continue to have positions within the Primeval and OS?

Darth Ferus said:
Look at factions like the Galactic Battle Arena. Has absolutely nothing to do with major factions of any kind, but its just a place where people can write together in amazing ways. But with this rule, people will have to pick which minor factions they go into.
While the GBA is a faction here, it existed in its previous form as a loose assortment of tournament threads in a forum. Were this rule to be passed, I believe nothing about the GBA would change. Eralam and I would certainly not force GBA membership on someone simply to compete with us. Those who wished to be staff within the GBA as an OOC thing could join if they wished but GBA tournaments will always be open to everyone at all regardless of IC affliation.

If anything, this only makes your IC associations more precise. You are free to interact with any faction you want, major or minor whether you are in it or not. And perhaps this will cut down on the excessive number of factions people make just because they can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom