Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limiting the amount of Factions you can join

Opposed.

I'm probably not the norm, and I can only speak to my own perspective and experience, but I've put a great deal of work over the course of 6 months roleplaying and developing a character whose story involves both the Primeval (his religion) and the Levantine Sanctum/Silver Sanctum Coalition. For a time, this character also served as the Primeval ambassador to the Hutt Cartel, and was a member of both as major factions in order to provide input in OOC planning as to how that relationship could fold into developing stories and plans for each.

Now, as a matter of personal preference, I avoid Invasions and Skirmishes because PVP does not appeal to me. But I make use of having access to both the Primeval and SSC forums for different things directly related to this character (I do have other character who are also in the SSC). Having developed a lot of the religious lore for the Primeval, which other Primeval members have also contributed and added onto, I like being able to keep current on discussions of how we're growing the Primeval religion from a literary and story development standpoint. And being that this character is physically located (going to school) within Coalition space, it makes sense that he's equally a part of that faction as well.

Could I manage things if I had to log into another character account to discuss plans for this character's involvement in SSC thread discussions internal to the SSC faction subforums? Yeah, I could. But it doesn't make sense when the character, himself, is equally Primeval and SSC. But, that's probably the unique nature of the fact that the Primeval is both a faction and a religion.

Another concern I have is the potential impact to minor factions attempting to go major. This would seem to create a significant barrier to the success of any such application, unless the supporters of that minor faction are willing to let go their other, earlier major faction association.

So, I sat down last night and went through all my characters.

It took me two hours and some character shuffling, but I did it!

Save for Danger ( Waiting on this one while I get all of the ATC reps assigned to a Major faction each that ATC has sponsorship and contracts with)- All of my other accounts currently have 1 major faction only and a max of 2 minor factions.

Not too shabby ^_^

I don't see a problem as long as the multiple factions make IC sense and the character isn't in every major faction. However, limiting a character to only holding any sort of rank in one faction at a time is perfectly reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom