Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life Day To Never Forget! (SJO/CIS Festive Social!)

Attire: [xXx]
Tags: [member="Tyran Numeck"]

------------------------------------------

That was most definitely not the way Anora had wanted her friend's first experience among the SJO to go. This was Life Day, it was a time to celebrate, to enjoy, and be festive. So to have something so unprofessional, rude, and downright hateful happen? It didn't sit right with her at all for a plethora of reasons.

"Well, the Silver Jedi have good reason..." that wasn't wrong. There was some bad blood there to be sure. "And to be fair, you did kidnap me on our first meeting." she remind, though smirked in amusement at the memory now. "Hell, maybe that's how I should greet you from now on, hm?"

Nora stepped up to the bar and ordered whatever house beverage was being served for the night. "Though to answer your question, I'd like to say no. But I also didn't expect the first one either, so..." she shrugged a shoulder and also turned her back against the bar to keep an eye on the area around them.

Ura let off a happiness through the Force when Jorah introduced himself. Apparently not everyone was nervous when they first met a Lervon. She also wasn't too surprised that the younger guest here hadn't seen any species like her's before. She chuckled a little, speaking with her monotone voice.

"My species is called Lervon, or at least that's the closest thing outside for languages outside of Lerdos. And you?" She was could already tell he was, but she thought it'd be nice to ask him. She had also noticed Kat, Kyra, and Acaadi at the bar, shaking her head a little. She'd have to catch up and talk to them later. She'd also taken noticed of the various dresses that come people were wearing, and was confused by it.

"Is there a reason so many people wear those?"

[member="Jorah zos Darnus"] [member="Subject 73 Red"] [member="Kyra Perl"] [member="Acaadi"] [member="Kat Decoria"]

Calixte Diantha

C
Objective: Not blend in
Accompanying: [member="Galaar Fett"]
Wearing: [This]

-------------------------------------------------------------

Out of all of the places in the galaxy to end up, Kashyyyk was not very high on Calixte's priority list, or her expectancy list for that matter. She hadn't even known about this...Life Day celebration, so when Galaar had asked her if she wanted to attend a fancy party? The redhead had naturally been all for it! So coming into SJO territory had been a little bit of a surprise to her. She had nothing against this gathering of Jedi - nothing she could personally recall at least. This just hadn't at all been what she expected.

Still, it was certainly a nice change of pace. From the constant moving, feeling as if they were running all of the time...The ability to just stop and enjoy a night off was a rare thing indeed. As such, Cali strode into the hall with Galaar, her arm wound around his as her sleet-gray gaze cast around the intricately decorated room laid out before them.

When she was questioned, the redhead leaned a little so that she could speak just to her companion. "Oh I think that if I'm going to play nice and not cause trouble all evening, starting with drinks is probably in everyone's best interest." she smirked broadly as she leaned away, and she squeezed his arm. If there was one thing Calixte was insanely good at, it was stirring up trouble in the most peaceful of situations. She could behave when she wanted to, but it would honestly all depend on just how boring or not this party turned out to be in the long run.

MEANWHILE AT THE RANGER'S TABLE

Tulan Kor, the expert Master Sergeant- arguably one of the most prominent tactical minds within the Rangers, Task Force Raider, and the Silver Jedi as a whole-

Was being held up by his Rangers, in full dress...

Doing a keg stand.

He was let down after twenty seconds of drink straight to the face, blood rushing back to his body. It carried the alcohol throughout his stocky frame even faster.

And then he put up both hands.

All the Rangers cheered a jolly cheer, impressed by their leadership's ability to take beer straight to the face for an extended period of time.

And then they all started chanting about the Rangers-

Rangers Lead the Way!

Rangers all the way!

**** the Mandalorians!

The Clans are done, bunch o' bums!

Tulan stood on a chair, holding up a glass full of something clear and therefore very dangerous for a short, angry man to be drinking. It wasn't water, that was for sure.

"Happy life day you miserable sods! Kark the Mandos! Kark the Sith! Long live the Silvers! To Setter! To the Jedi! To the Rangers! To the Raiders!"

The Rangers, drunk on life and alcohol, cheered at Tulan's jolly words. They were getting loud, happy- and rowdy. Nearly two dozen Rangers, in full dress, drunk off their ass and happy as could be.

Tags: Open, kind of
Wearing: [xXx]

----------------------------------

How long had it been since she had been to an actual social event? Since that silly prom, and that felt as if it had been forever ago now. A fact that made Eenia hesitate and step through the doors of the entrance hall very slowly. The cloak she had been wearing was removed and hung up, her curls that were half up and half down were checked with her hands, and then she started to move. Though any steps further inside were halted almost immediately. Her brow pulled down until it nearly met in the middle and she frowned just a little.

Anora was there, inside somewhere.

That was not something she had expected at all. Last she had heard, her big sister was off gallivanting across the galaxy with that Mandalorian of hers again. It seriously made the blonde consider just turning around and leaving exactly the same way she had come in. However, she had told [member="Bentil Mortop"] that she would be here, and because of that she did not turn tail and leave.

Instead Eenia took a deep, steadying breath and sighed it out slowly. Then with one foot in front of the other, she made her way through the entrance and into the thick of the already going party. She had no idea where Ben - or anyone else for that matter - was, and while she could search for him easily enough, something told her it wouldn't take long to run into him. Plus, she wanted to keep track of Anora, and in this crowd? That was going to take more effort than she was particularly comfortable with.

Ben looked again where he thought he'd seen [member="Eenia Vahn"] and sure enough there she was, well her head anyway he couldn't see the rest of her because of the crowd so he made his way over, he walked up to her and said "hey Eenia I'm glad you ca-" but he stopped short when he actually got a good look at her and as sometimes happens said to her telepathically "you look gorgeous"

He just kinda stood there, one thing about Bentil is that he wasn't the best around girls his age, much less beautiful girls his age, his mind drew blank and he kinda just opened and closed his mouth for a sec no words coming out until finally he said "i..uh..you... beautiful" he stuttered and got a little red from how flustered he was.

Attire: Splendid as always
Goal: survive another day

Though he was fairly certain that he had managed to remain as inconspicuous as possible, the Viceroy of Eriadu couldn't help but raise an eyebrow in both surprise and slight frustration when what he perceived as a mere child approached him, commenting on his words without any restraint. With his cold, silver eyes turning towards her, a single corner of his lips curled upwards in a rather sullen looking grin.

"Milady," Probably unexpectedly, the man made a graceous bow to the young woman, raising himself to his full hight again while showing a rather sly smile on his remarkably immaculate visage. "Perhaps it is merely my Eriaduan nature to remain neutral and realistic towards all matters within this galaxy, no matter to what or who it pertains."

He looked at her with some slight interest, for after all, he was fairly certain that as long as he kept himself to the side, no one would com bothering him. Credius simply did not like parties all that much, the masks people wore just to try and curry favors, to mingle with others to whom they did not belong, it was all but a disgusting farce in his own eyes. He had seen these same scenarios over and over again, on political parties, corporate gatherings, people just didn't reveal their true nature, acting entirely out of character and behaving as if they were truly important. He however did not need such frivolities. He did not need to mingle with the mighty just to try and leech off of their power.

"I'd say I am enjoying the show," The man let out a soft, gentle chuckle before taking a sip of his drink. Pointing out how people flocked around those they thought to carry weight within either of the represented factions. "To see how the weakminded practically trip over themselves to get a piece of some illusionary pie called power."

He could not help himself but smile, was it her positivity or her naĂŻvity, Credius wasn't sure, but in some way it was a bit refreshing, reminding him a lot of his younger brother. "Perhaps I am too cynical, the years have already formed me into who I am, young lady...but perhaps you c an show me where I am wrong."

[member="Lunara Azure"]

Tags: [member="Bentil Mortop"]

-----------------------------------------------

As expected, it didn't take long for Eenia to come across a familiar face, and honestly she was glad it had been Bentil since she had agreed to meet him here in the first place. After all, she remembered how it felt to not know anyone surrounding her, so having a familiar face around - even if it was still a somewhat new face - was always helpful. So when she had caught sight of him through the crowd she had at first glanced around to make sure her sister was nowhere to be seen, and then she worked to close the distance between herself and Ben.

Nia smiled warmly when the two of them came face to face, though her expression became more tolerantly amused than anything as soon as she heard that voice in her mind. Her head tipped just slightly and she shook it at him a little, but at least she looked amused rather than put off or offended. "That was almost a sentence." she teased him lightly. "Lucky for you, it was easy enough to translate." Her smile warmed again. "So thank you for the compliment."

Her hands then came up and she moved them in a gesture that was like fanning air to her face. "Breathe, Ben. You're going to stumble across a lot of girls and women at their absolute most gorgeous tonight. Better start preparing yourself for it now." She grinned at him now.

Tyran Numeck

Mandalorian Supercommando
Tyran sipped from his drink and ignored the rowdy Rangers. If they wanted to get drunk and embarrass themselves that was fine by Tyran, he'd represent the soldier class with some class and dignity. That being said he turned towards Anora and grinned. "I kinda want to go over there and...socialize with him." He said as he finished his drink and motioned for another. It wasn't the strongest stuff in the galaxy, but it was fine fore the occasion.

As his eyes scanned the crowd he saw a surprisingly familiar face. "Anora, isn't that your sister over there." He said nodding in Eenia's direction. "She's talking to that kid who looks like he's about to explode." He looked at Anora without turning his head to face her. "You know I never did get properly introduced to her, we should go say hi. Hell we should at least buy that kid a couple seconds to get his tongue untied from that knot it turned into."

[member="Anora Vahn"]

Tags: [member="Tyran Numeck"]

Once she had a drink in her hand, Anora thanked the bartender and then brought the glass to her lips to sip at the contents gingerly. She didn't really know what it was, and she didn't want to take a big drink of it and then need to find a place to spit it out. Thankfully, it didn't taste bad and warranted an actual drink. However, the glass was about halfway to her lips when she froze in place.

She knew Eenia was there the moment her little sister stepped through the door. A cold chill ran down her spine, and while she had heard Tyran say something about the Rangers, it was more or less muffled noise now that she was aware of the younger Vahn's presence. Which meant in retrospect that Nia knew Anora was there as well.

A rough shake of the head pulled Nora out of her momentary paralysis, which meant everything Ty had said about Eenia? That she heard. She frowned at him, clearly not at all amused, and then she shift her gaze in the direction she could sense her sister from. There she was, still petite, still the same in every way appearance wise, but that smile was wrong. The infectious giggles were gone, that bubbly personality was gone. Granted, the had-been deeply rooted Dark Anora had stared in the face was also gone which was a plus. But all in all? That was still only a semi-filled shell of Nora's little sister.

"I don't think that's a good idea." she finally spoke up, and she turned herself around so that she was facing the bar now. "In the time I was here training again, and the times I've come back to train more, there has been absolutely no contact between us. Something tells me a public heart to heart isn't the way to go."

Ben chuckled a bit "the way your looking I'm not sure if I'll notice them" he said with a smile "so, we got options, we could wander, dance or get a drink, take your pick" he said offering his arm.

In the back of his mind he remembered that she had some reserves about going, he wondered why. Eh, I'll ask later. He thought, right know he just wanted to have fun, have fun while you can is something he'd learned, never know when the Galaxy would throw you a curve ball.

[member="Eenia Vahn"]

Tags: [member="Bentil Mortop"]

There was an actual laugh that came from Eenia, but rather than argue with him about his statement, she shook her head and left it at that. She could argue all night long about how there were much better candidates for attention littered about the place, but didn't do as such. Maybe that made her very guarded, but hey who could blame her?

"Actually," Nia shifted her footing just a bit so that she could turn and see the room around them a bit more. "Since you're the guest here, I think I'll leave the choice up to you. Socializing, food and drink, dancing." she shrugged a shoulder. "Plenty to do and probably way too much time to do it." she mused, still wearing that grin.

Jorah zos Darnus

J
RedDays.gif
Wearing: Shaol'mara Traditional Formal
Wielding: Talisman of the Chiroptix
Tags: [member="Ura Iolar"]
hotpurp.png

Lervon.

It was a rather fascinating thing to behold. A shifting form of sand. How was this possible? It seemed a sheer flight of fancy, yet was standing right in front of him. Had someone told him of meeting an individual such as this, Jorah would not have believed their tale.

"I am Shaol'maru," the youth answered, gesturing to indicate himself as he spoke first in the language of Dathomir and then supplied in translation, "Dathomiri of Mistwalker Clan."

Ura changed the topic, by pointing toward several other offworlder females that were in attendance. Noting, "Is there a reason so many people wear those?"

Amber eyes scanned the crowd for what she meant. The flimsy gowns? "I believe they are considered fashionable among some offworlder cultures," he noted aloud. To be honest, he was rather confused by them, himself. He had never seen a Nightsister wear such a thing in his native Talay, yet recalled that [member="Vytal Noctura"] had worn such a gown before.

**** the Mandalorians!

The Clans are done, bunch o' bums!

Turning his head, the young Dathomiri teen looked off toward another part of the affair. With his enchanted hearing, the boy was unfortunately privy to the chanting of the inebriated voices that seemed to be coming from a rather vocal minority.

"I believe your malelings may have found the alcohol," the boy commented candidly.

Tyran Numeck

Mandalorian Supercommando
"Anora we're going over there and you're going to talk to your sister." He said to her patiently. "It's Life Day and you two are in the same room, it doesn't have to be a heart to heart. Just say hello or something like that." He looked at her sister and then back at Anora. "If my brother was still around I'd want to talk to him, even if he did get me into more trouble than anything." He took her by the hand and started leading her towards Eenia. "Besides if you don't go talk to her, then the you're going to spend the entire night dragging me in a circle around the room while you try to keep as much space between you and her as possible."

Tyran nudged Anora out in front so she would reach Eenia first. He knew he was going to catch hell for this later, but hey, it was worth it in his mind. She had brought him to a party filled with Jedi and soldiers who hated him without knowing anything about him, so he was going to drag her over to her estranged sister. Fair play and all that.

[member="Anora Vahn"], [member="Eenia Vahn"], [member="Bentil Mortop"]

Bentil smiled at her "in that case, would you like to dance Eenia?" He asked, this actually reminded him of his first, and albeit last party with the Chiss, instead of him asking though he'd been asked, let's just say there was a reason he stayed in his workshop all the time.

Tag [member="Eenia Vahn"]

Tags: [member="Tyran Numeck"], [member="Bentil Mortop"]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wha- Tyran--" There was continued protest from Anora, and for good reason. "There is a difference between a sibling that gets you into trouble, and a sibling that legitimately tries to kill you!" she hissed out at him, but it didn't seem to deter him any. He took hold of her hand and set about dragging her away from the bar and towards where her sister was.

"Tyran..." her tone was warning this time, but again it did her no good. In fact, he moved her around in front of him so that when they got to where Nia and her friend were? Nora was right in the forefront and the very first thing to be seen.

Eenia had shifted just enough so that she could look at her sister without craning her head around to do so. The pair stared at each other in complete silence, neither moved - save for Nia's eyes briefly - but most importantly? No fighting or lashing out immediately took place either, and that was a good thing at least.

Tags: [member="Bentil Mortop"], [member="Tyran Numeck"]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being asked to dance actually seemed to surprise Nia a tad. She had figured food would be the first choice, or something to drink, though she wasn't at all disappointed by the fact. "Of course--" she started, though her words tapered off before they really began and her body shifted just a tad. When her head turned, Anora was standing there looking unhappy about the fact, and quite the stare-off commenced.

Eenia's gaze did shift once to the Mandalorian behind her older sister, and for the very briefest of moments there was something dark in her gaze, but it was gone as quickly as it appeared and her gaze went back to Anora.

For quite a long time it seemed as if neither sister was going to say anything to the other, but then Nia shook her head and sighed in a way that seemed to make her entire body deflate. "I can't say that I'm sorry for doing what I thought was right, because ultimately I'm not." she started, and was immediately aware of the glass that shattered in her sister's hand, and weary because of it. "But I am sorry for not listening, for not getting your side, and for how things happened..."

That didn't seem to pacify Anora any, which made Eenia sigh again. "I mean at the end of the day, you won right?" It was a rough attempt at humor, though clearly big sister didn't share the amusement at the moment.

Objective: Have fun, calm down.
Date: [member="Kyra Perl"] [member="Acaadi"]
Outfit: This dress Hair

Kat leaned on the bar and noticed [member="Eenia Vahn"] they had briefly met a while back, she offered a small wave to the familiar face before she turned her attention to the bartender waiting to serve her. She ordered two Corellian whiskies and gave them a small smile. The bartender poured the drinks and offered them to Kat as she took a sip of her drink and wandered back to Kyra and Acaadi. Kyra had given Acaadi a twirl of her dress, which was perfectly fine in Kat's mind, if Kyra liked it then the length and style was perfect for her. Offering Kyra her drink, Kat took another sip of her drink as she chuckled at Kyra's tease of Acaadi's lack of chest hair.

"Never know, he might wax it. But with the lack of facial hair, it is unlikely" Kat poked her tongue out at Acaadi to inform him she was only teasing him. "So, no Jedi robes to this party huh Acaadi?" The boy had worn his Jedi robes to the Bespin party where she had first met him, he had stood out like a sore thumb at that party. She was surprised that he was fairly undressed for this party, she figured he would have gone all out to look impressive for some of the single ladies that were around. Wrapping her arm around Kyra, standing close to her, she smiled to the pair. They were good friends, reminded her of when she hung out with her brothers, they would tease and joke around with her. Treating her as a normal Echani, not someone different like most of the people in her life had during that period.

Kat finished her drink then gave a wave to Ura who seemed busy meeting new people, hopefully the Lervon was comfortable and in a good mood, she could be difficult at times with the lack of knowledge of social events, but Kat always thought she was a fun person to hang out with. "So Acaadi, did we get a date for tonight or looking to see who else is single at the party?" Kat asked, genuinely curious if her friend had brought a date, partly to warn them to run and partly because she wants her friend to be happy.

[member="Kat Decoria"] [member="Kyra Perl"]
Outfit: X

Acaadi laughed at Kyra as she launched into her twirl. His gaze was kept very deliberately level on account of Kyra's date being right there. He hadn't seen the two of them interacting that much and he was interested to see how they would behave as a couple. It was an early date for the two of them. Kyra seemed to have an extra organ than dispensed caf right into her bloodstream all day every day. He wondered if she would slow down tonight.

Acaadi continued laughing as she went right for his shirt, pretending to slap at her hands. Apparently she wasn't.

"I could grow a beard if I wanted," he clarified before continuing. He probably could, anyway.

"And no robes tonight I'm afraid." Acaadi paused and placed his glass on a tall table. Once again it felt as if Kat was launching into an inquisition, but at least he didn't have to contend with Kyra's sister too.

"I am date free," he announced with a chuckle. "And it seems that everyone else has either arrived with someone or is..."

Acaadi leaned forwards towards the two of them. "...an actual witch."

The nightsisters were scary.

Mara Denko

M
The woman was distant - which wasn't like her.

The weeks leading up to the party had been joyous, to be certain. Nothing could penetrate her husband's mirth, and for a time nor could her own elation be marred. To have back their light, to truly have their hope once more, had been a gift that neither had expected, and in all honestly had been beyond her scope of imagining. They'd walked on cloud for weeks - feeling complete for the first time as they learned to be together as they had been all those years ago...

But just as with her parents, Auteme was bound by duty. There had come a time when the girl was called back to the Jedi Order she served, and Josiah and Mara had needed to return to some semblance of normality once more as well. To have to bid their daughter goodbye, even for a short time, had sobered her. Nothing in the world had seemed so important in those days following their meeting on Monastery as just being with them both... But they were Jedi, and above all else, duty bound them.

Josiah had not seemed to dim even a fraction as Auteme had been called back, still riding that wave of pure, unbridled pleasure at having back the things in his life that made him truly happy - but his wife was, and had always been, more pragmatic. Mara could see clearly that, though all she wished for in the galaxy was to have her family back, things would not be has they had been... And how could they be?

It had been a harder pill to swallow for the woman - but as Life Day loomed, she had allowed a bit of that sunshine to return. Josiah would have seen it, certainly, but she'd done her best not to burden him with her worries. Mara Denko, Jedi, mother, wife - she would do what was needed, as she always had.

When the pair arrived, both dressed in their wintery finest, Josiah bearing gifts, Mara's smile was genuine and kind, her eyes sparkling with warmth that she truly felt when spotting their daughter at the entrance to greet them. "Happy Life Day, little Light." Stepping forward and gently laying a hand against Auteme's shoulder, Mara could allow herself to feel that happiness again... Even if just for today.

[member="Auteme Denko-Durren"] | [member="Josiah"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom