Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jedi Academy on Yavin IV (open to the Jedi Order, regardless of faction)

"Excuse me! Coming through!" came a voice from afar. A little white-haired girl by the name of Nina could be seen bouncing around mid-air as if levitating, only to be seen atop her father's shoulders as Thurion came into view. He stopped only to give [member="Jorus Merrill"] a quick nod by way of greeting before making his way through the gathering of Jedi towards [member="Coci Sinopi"]. "Sorry we're late. This little bundle of joy had to use the restroom and was afraid to go alone", he said while lifting Nina off his shoulders to place in his lap as he found a seat next to his fiancée. "Well, isn't this the most delicious sight I've ever laid eyes on..." He could just as well be referring to Coci as the plate of food she was eating from. He snuck a kiss upon her cheek.

"And hello to you, too", he then said as he leaned down to place a kiss upon the now quite visible bump of her belly. "Force, I'm starving! I think your pregnancy is rubbing off on me." Thurion then noticed the woman sitting next to Coci and offered her a smile and a nod. "Forgive me, Grandmaster Raaf", he emphasized her recent promotion. "It is an honour. Oh, and you, uh... you've got something on your..."

[member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Kian Karr"]

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Jorus Merrill"]​
Coci's head popped up on hearing his voice before a broad smile crossed her greasy face. Oh, she reached for the napkins and tried in vain to remove the food from her face. But it was way to late, at least she had Corvus for company in that regard. However, she could not help but blush and to hide it she lean over to place a kiss on Nina's head, before placing a plate before her so she could eat. Coci's arm reached around Thurion's waist as he kissed her, only to lean close afterward and whisper, "Hello my beloved".

Jedi showing affection in public will be frowned upon no doubt let alone their given situation, but Thurion and Coci's philosophy on love stands outside even the more modern form of Jedi, "Our son is very demanding, I can't get enough of this meat. Jorus is a genius chef", she said mostly in jest with a heavy hand of truth. Jorus can cook. "You must try these my love, they are to die for". she began to tuck in again and quickly finished.

Corvus was aware of the man’s arrival and his familiarity with Coci pointed to only possible solution. And he confirmed her pregnancy, which fortunately avoided any awkward questions. At least she could now ask sensible questions based upon the facts.

Except…Corvus had never known anyone to be pregnant. She thought back, she knew her mother had to have been pregnant when she was little, because she had siblings, but as she left home aged four, it wasn’t exactly a recent memory. So no, she’d never known anyone actually have a baby.

And as a Jedi that was told she was out of date in clinging to the notion of no attachments so literally, she now felt even more isolated in her view. Here was a woman of her own age with one child and another on the way, and Corvus had never even kissed a boy, not that anyone here knew that. And was it suddenly very warm or was it just her?

And the second hint at her impromptu make-up hit home. She wiped her top lip with a napkin and the tell-tale residue of blue milk told her how she had clearly appeared to them. She resolved to pick up one the straws when she could.

So she smiled and wondered how people seemed to know her name but she didn’t know theirs. And then she recalled the invitation – all their names were on it. By a process of deduction she figured the Jedi Master she faced was Thurion Heavenshield. “Which means you two are from different Orders…” she managed to blurt out before she’s had the common sense to check her thought process. “Which is quite normal and stuff, I was just saying is all. My it is hot here, it must be the grill…”

[member="Coci Sinopi"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Kian Karr"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Vilox Pazela"]

"I've seen credible intelligence to the contrary, and I should remind you that I'm related to people you've included in your long cons of dark terror and so forth. You can leave now, Master Pazela. Feel free to contact the Grandmaster through other channels, but you aren't welcome at the Yavin Academy."

Roshki Belawiiks

We all have demons. I've just decided to feed mine
[member="Kian Karr"] [member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Jorus Merrill"]

I awoke from a deep sleep, a light sheen of sweat on my skin. I couldn't remember what the dream was, exactly, but the intense feeling of horror and shame I'd felt made it easy to guess what it was about. I sat up on the bunk I had slept on, aboard Karr's Dorin Run, sighing. Even today, those events, that place....they still haunted me. The nightmares though, they weren't very frequent. Thanks heavens for that -- I'd already given my Master more than enough cause to worry over me these past couple of years. I certainly didn't need to give him another.

Letting out a yawn, I kicked the covers off and looked at my feet. They were healed and worked just fine, but the scars on the bottoms attested to just how bad of a shape they'd once been in. Massaging them gently, I left the bed and headed towards the 'fresher to clean up.

In there, I began to wash my face and struggled to recollect where we were. Oh, right. Yavin Something-or-other. The reason, though, escaped me. Grabbing the towel, I began to dry off when I caught sight of my reflection.

Even now, it startled me how much I'd changed. Gone was the girl who didn't give a damn, gone was the girl who couldn't care less if she tried. In her place was me, a Padawan who'd had her life thrown through hell and back (quite literally, as I discovered later) and learned a few things. So many things had changed, that I doubted if I met my younger self she would recognize me.

Scowling, I blew a raspberry at my reflection and threw down the towel. No point in moping, I thought angrily. What's done is done.

I quickly changed into a fresh pair of clothes, raided the food cabinet (dirt or dried wood -- yummy), and swiped my com unit. Thumbing it on, I contacted my Master. "Hey Double Kay, where you at? My legs need a good stretching and your ship, regretably, isn't big enough."

[member="Shule Windspeaker"]

"As I said that isn't up to you. I came here in peace, I will leave here in peace and if you and anyone tries to stop me, then that peace goes out of the window." Vilox moved by Shule, before he could stop him by putting his body in front of him. He would have to deliberately move around him again to stop his path, full knowing what this would mean to his 'Jedi' counter part. "Form Zero has it's uses, but not being welcomed here and you throwing me out is two different things, Master Windspeaker."

"We're exhausted all other avenues. You are either going to attack me or you aren't. I think we're beyond words now and it's unbecoming of a Jedi to fight another over allegations made by Sith without evidence to the contrary." He lifted his hand in a goodbye gesture as he made his way towards [member="Corvus Raaf"].

Kian closed his eyes for a moment, enjoying the warmth of the drink as it slid down his throat. Turning his head back towards [member="Coci Sinopi"], Kian bowed his head in greeting. "My apologies, I am Kian Karr and it is a pleasure to meet you Coci." Kian said taking another sip. "Corvus these are really rather good!" Kian said turning back toward [member="Corvus Raaf"] and chuckling to himself. "And I should say, you clean up quite well!" Kian said, deciding he had allowed Corvus to go long enough without embarrassing her. Turning back toward Coci, Kian saw another approaching. Kian recognized the face, but for the life of him he couldn't recall the name. Kian watched as he approached and leaned in to kiss Coci and Kian realized that he must be the father of the baby she was carrying. "Our son is very demanding" she said, tipping Kian off.

Perhaps it was the alcohol, or the family standing before him, but the mention of a son caused Kian's mind to wander for a moment. It wandered back over the years to a time before Kian was a Jedi.....to a time he was a family man. Kian shook his head and pushed the thoughts aside just as quickly as they had come though. [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]! That was the name. "Hello Master Heavenshield, I don't think we've ever had the pleasure of meeting." Kian said placing a hand on his chest and bowing his head to the man. "Though your reputation preceeds you." Kian said and then quickly added, talking to Coci and Thurion about the baby boy, "and congratulations."

Kian suddenly heard his com-link crackle and he turned to the side to take the call. It appeared his apprentice had finally awoken. Kian was certain that [member="Roshki Belawiiks"] could put just about anyone to shame with regards to sleeping prowess. Kian laughed at the thought and responded. "Roshki, we are at a BBQ being put on by Master [member="Jorus Merrill"], you should come join us." Kian said, knowing that these were great people for his padawan to meet. "Just head towards the smoke!"

Mark then returned to making his way toward the archive room.
He eventually made it and began looking through the files that were there. Unable to choose one on his own, Mark allowed the force to guide him to one in particular hiding behind the others. He went, sat down with it, and opened it. He was very frustrated as all it revealed was several planets orbiting a fairly normal star. He thought that this couldn't seriously be all that it had inside. After a few more minutes of digging though, he was able to find something.
Mark marveled at what he'd found.

Rianna walked almost silently her soft soled boots rarely made noises even when she walked upon the great tiles of the halls of the temple that had been on Coruscant. Through the inner rooms of what had been the Circle of Healers. Those times were long past now, and here today she was walking within the Temple of Yavin IV. This place had much history attached to it, she wondered how many knew the old stories, and legends.

She heard familiar voices as she walked. She could see her riduur [member="Ordo"] doing one of the things he loved best. How many knew the great heart that beat within his barrel chest. She hoped they looked beyond the scars and took time to learn what he offered, and see the man for who he was. This was his time she would meet with him later on before they traveled on.

For now she wanted to investigate this place that would stand where Jedi history had been formed.

[member="Kana Truden"]

She shrugged and bit back a smile. "Yeah, gravity and I have a....fickle relationship too. I'm Taheera Sollo. Two e's and two elle's," she extended a hand, palms rough from practicing with her staff. Her loss on Kashyyyk was something she didn't want to repeat. Kana looked pretty young. She probably didn't know who Tahira Solo was, her original, so maybe the clone thing wouldn't be so awkward.

Apparently her original's identity was fairly obscure which made things a lot easier.

"As for the food," she tilted her nose into the air. "I kind of invited myself. It smelled too good to stay away. I mean, not that I'm saying anything's wrong with Kali's food - the quartermaster here. She's fantastic....but, this smell. You're not gonna bust me are you, in front of these other masters?"

She assumed they were masters.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Vilox Pazela"]

"Excuse me, but you've misunderstood."

And suddenly Shule was standing in front of Vilox again, a couple of paces from where he'd been. Maybe he'd tossed up a hyperreal illusion, and another to make himself vanish; maybe Vilox had been talking to an illusion and this was the real one; maybe he was just that fast. Blademaster that he was, he continued positioning himself in front of Vilox, making himself unavoidable while giving minimal ground.

"I'm a senior instructor here, and it's my responsibility to deny entrance to anyone I believe to be a threat to this Academy. You've failed to answer my questions in a satisfactory way. I can only conclude from your answers and your behavior that you're running one of the long grand plots that were once your hallmark. I'm now fairly certain that you're still a Sith Lord operating under a false Light Side presence, a form of Sith magic." He said this for the benefit of the loose circle of Jedi Padawans and Knights who'd begun to gather, noticing the confrontation.

He removed his scarred lightsabre from his belt but did not ignite it. "Padawans Looru and Venn, please find Grandmaster [member="Corvus Raaf"] and tell her a Sith Master named Darth Vazela is attempting to infiltrate the Academy. Tell her I have the situation under control, but that there's some indication this may have been an assassination attempt aimed at her."

A Padawan pair scampered off.

"And now, Pazela, you will leave. There's been enough blood on your account, like the crew of that Star Destroyer you tried to butcher one by one just to make yourself stronger in the Dark Side." He smiled without humor. Frankly, the details escaped him; he had the story secondhand, through his granddaughter and her wife, and their bias had been evident. Then again, the details didn't much matter. "You will not enter this Academy. That was your final warning."

It was a report from an expedition on what he’d assumed was one of the planets the holocron had initially shown. The expedition had gone terribly wrong with only a few crew members returning to give fascinating information. This planet, Tython, was a planet crawling with life, mostly covered in dense jungles. It was inhabited by many dangerous life forms, some of which had actually evolved to use the force to sense prey around them, which was nearly unheard of in itself. On top of this, before the crew was attacked and separated by an unidentifiable creature, they discovered what looked to be the ruins of some sort of temple similar to traditional jedi temples, possibly older than 35,500 years old, which would make it the oldest jedi temple to ever have been found. Perhaps it could have even been the first jedi temple. Perhaps one of the Jedi Order’s biggest secrets would finally be revealed. Where did the Jedi Order first start? After 35,000 years of existence and most of the original Order hunted down and wiped out by the Empire, it was really no wonder that the Jedi’s origins were a mystery.
Tython had not been colonized very heavily since whenever the temple had fallen, and a small jedi academy was all that existed there in the way of people. It was the perfect “lost world”. Mark felt chills run down his spine. He was fairly sure that this was it, the very thing he’d been waiting for his entire career.
He’d have to keep quiet for now. Mark knew that this still had the ability to turn out to be fake. And if it was true, then it was possible that another outside source could go to Tython and pillage what discoveries there were to be made.
He quietly got up from his seat and quickly walked out of the archive room. There were only a few people that he could trust with such delicate information as this. He needed to find his mentor, Jedi Knight, Avi Merron.

Corvus was surprised when two Padawans came running up to her and explained that a Sith Master was not only present but was there to assassinate her.

“Well you can’t claim this was a boring party, that’s for sure,” she said to her companions. She bowed to the two Padawans, “Please take me there.”

She glanced again at those seated near to her. “Excuse me, but a Sith that tries to assassinate someone in the middle of an Enclave when in this sort of company is either very competent, deluded or had a bit too much of Corellian’s finest.” She gave them a wink, “I’ll let you know later…although if I don’t come back, I think it's safe that you can assume the former.”

“OK, I’m coming,” she said to the Padawans and hoisted her bag on her left shoulder before setting off, “I guess this isn’t something you see every day?” She saw their wide-eyed surprise at her calmness and lack of urgency. She smiled to them, “If he's come to see me, he’ll still be there when we get there. Remember what the Code says about recklessness, yes?” Unfortunately the walk wasn’t long enough to recount the tenet, but she remembered their faces in case she had a chance later.

As she approached the two men, she bowed. “Master Windspeaker, Darth Vazela, how may I help you?” Her voice was calm and soft - but most importantly, her top lip was free of blue milk.

[member="Shule Windspeaker"] | [member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Vilox Pazela"] | [member="Coci Sinopi"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Kana Truden"]

As Mark walked outside to find his mentor, he was passed by a pair of twins and none other than Grandmaster [member="Corvus Raaf"] herself. They moved quickly, as if there was trouble around. Curious, Mark followed at a safe distance. Then, he heard one of them mention "Sith" and "assassination". This got Mark worried.
Sure enough, as he followed them outside, he spotted Master [member="Shule Windspeaker"] and a figure in a dark cloak he didn't recognize. His hand instinctively flew to his lightsaber hilt on his belt, but he knew he shouldn't intervene. And so, he watched and waited to see if he could be of assistance.

Kian was about to give in and grab a stack of ribs when he saw the two padawans run up. He could tell from the looks on their faces that something wasn't right and he listened as they told Corvus what was going on. As the girl rose up, Kian also stood.

"Your nuts if you think you're going alone." Kian said sucking down the last bit of his drink. "Though no doubt you'll intimidate the assassin into submission in that getup." Kian said nodding toward the purse she'd just thrown over her shoulder. Kian reached around his side and slid his lightsaber to the front of his utility belt. He'd had it tucked away, doubting that he'd need it here on Yavin IV....but alas, he might need it after all.

Roshki, something has come up, we've got a suspicious visitor that we are going to have a little chat with. Kian communicated to his padawan telepathically. Feel free to proceed to the BBQ we'll be back shortly, or tag along.....but if you do be on your guard. Kian announced knowing that his padawan would sense the importance of this suggestion.

As Kian approached with Corvus, he saw that Jedi Master Shule Windspeaker, whom Kian had met once before, was in, what appeared to be an intense, discussion with another individual. Kian didn't recognize the stranger, but he could sense the tenseness of the meeting. Kian also made note of the deactivated lightsaber in Shule's hand. Kian unclipped his own, but left it off and took up a position behind Corvus and to her side. For now he would play the role of the silent guard and see where this led.
[member="Shule Windspeaker"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Coci Sinopi"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Kana Truden"] | [member="Vilox Pazela"] | [member="Jorus Merrill"] | [member="Roshki Belawiiks"]​

Mark now saw Master [member="Kian Karr"] come out to the grandmaster's aid. Both he and Master Windspeaker held their lightsaber hilts close in hand. The situation got tenser by the moment. Even someone who wasn't force sensitive would have felt the tension growing tighter and tighter like a rope being pulled at both ends.
Though he didn't feel it right to go right ahead and stand next to the masters as if he was an equal, Mark stood close by in case he could help in some way, even if it just showed the Sith that he was outgunned. There was strength in numbers after all.
Mark moved his hand to tightly grip the hilt of the lightsaber he had borrowed from the academy up until now. He was in the process of building his own, but was missing a few parts and the all important crystal. He tried not to use the borrowed one too much, so that he could feel better about using his own when it was finished, but now may have become an exception.
[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Shule Windspeaker"] [member="Kian Karr"] [member="Vilox Pazela"][/quote]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Shule Windspeaker"] [member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Vilox Pazela"]

Khal had been silently training on one of the roofs of the Academy, heights and fresh air did wonders to one’s concentration. Didn’t hurt that doing all of it here meant you were only a few missteps away from falling to your death - which did even more wonders to your will to excel in the training regiment. But all of that came to an end when a firm buzzing in his ear made him aware of a situation slowly enfolding down where the metaphorical party was.

A Sith Lord was apparently trying to get into the premises to try and assassinate the Grandmaster herself? The balls on that Sith. Part of Khaleel should have been impressed, but as he crouched down at the edge of the roof by his sniper, looked through the scope and quickly homed into the particular guest… he was left a touch disappointed.

Seemed Sith were not what they used to be.

The scoundrel touched his commlink to get in touch with Shule himself.

<<. Malvern to Windspeaker, you have sniper support, standing by. .>>

Shule would probably have words with him after this was done, but that as life for ya.

Jacen didn't need the Force to see that something was wrong. There was a hushed discussion and several people headed off towards the entrance. Actually, he did feel something through the Force... perhaps. Maybe that was progress, he narrowed his eyes and tried to focus on that, but it evaded him.

Whatever was going on, no one had invited him and he had no inclination to go following. He'd kept away from the group of Masters so far. Military background probably. One tended not to rub elbows with the higher echelons regularly, you kept to you level.

Jacen did, however, risk lifting his plate of ribs and nodding appreciatively in the direction of [member="Jorus Merrill"]

Aella picked up a lightsaber from the bag, goosebumps rising along her arms and neck as she did. The metal was cool beneath her fingertips, the hilt light. She could feel wear fingers had worn the hard metal down through hours of practice. Pointing the blade end upwards, she ignighted it before her, the blade rising towards the sky. Her breath caught in her throat and she trembled slightly.

She dreamt of owning one of these wonderful weapons. That she was here now, holding one of them, meant she was a step closer. Her desire to own a lightsaber came not from wanting to own a powerful weapon, but to hold a symbol in her hand. A symbol that had brought both a joy and terror to the galaxies. The lightsaber's blade bathed her in a soft yellow light and she smiled, deactivating it at [member="Ordo"]'s question.

"I hope to be." she replied "Today is the first day I've been inside a jedi temple." She cast a glance over her shoulder as an uncomfortable wave of anger washed over her. It was like she'd passed a hive of bees that had been disturbed. The air was vibrating. A frown formed on her face and she turned her back to it to look once more at Ordo. "What is going on?"

So this was the place, academies he was all for, he’d spent some time setting up similar institutions in republic space not too long ago for ground troops, and then for the army of light, both temporary but the same goal. Somewhere good people could come to learn free of any other considerations. Kei had heard about this one and thought it a great idea. A place where neutrality reigned, people came to learn, be protected and feel like Jedi in a safe environment. He was keen to have a look.

Tactical black backpack across his back, deep forest combat fatigues on as ever, he’d tried robes but they never were practical, brown t-shirt underneath, he had his modified carbine Kira over one shoulder, and his focused saber Unity attached to his hip. Unshaven face as always, but his stubble wasn’t that noticeable. The large Epicanthx approached the front entrance and greeted whoever he met first with a bow.

“Nice place,” he admitted, "who do I see to get started?" Straight to business, as usual.

From where he was Kei had no real idea about any trouble that was going on inside, how fitting it wouldn't be! The first time he had entered the republic’s Jedi temple, it had been on fire five minutes afterwards from a Sith raid! Hopefully today would be a different experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom