Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jedi Academy on Yavin IV (open to the Jedi Order, regardless of faction)

Kian had been wandering around the grounds for a while. He'd played a game of hide and seek with a few younglings and he'd watched a very energetic sparring match between two padawans, but now it was time to get back to why he'd come to Yavin IV in the first place. He felt a familiar signature now and realized that Grandmaster Raaf had arrived. Kian made his way toward that familiar force signature and soon found himself approaching the group.

Corvus and another Jedi whom he knew only from her files to be Coci Sinopi of the Silver Jedi where in the middle of a conversation and Jorus Merrill was nearby. Kian approached slowly, giving them time to talk without interruption.

"Hello Jorus." Kian said as he approached the group, "Hello Corvus and Master Sinopi if I'm not mistaken." Kian wasn't necesarrily dressed for the party as Corvus was, but rather wore a plain dark grey tunic and pants with a dark brown utility belt at his waste. His forearms were covered in black armor. Kian hadn't changed from his mission abroad other than to leave the dark outer robe behind on the ship.

"I hope I'm not interrupting." Kian offered as way of apology for stepping into the conversation. Kian wouldn't say he was a fan of parties, but he wasn't opposed to them either. He tended to view them with the same mentality he faced most things, a necessary part of doing ones duty.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Coci Sinopi"] | [member="Jorus Merrill"]​

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Mark Sage"]

"I'd be happy to help you find answers whenever we both have a moment free, Padawan Sage," said Shule with a nod. As he parted company with the Padawan, he caught a glimpse of [member="Aitis Powarth"] and [member="Tycho Kae"], two more people in need of greetings...

...but then his gaze settled on [member="Vilox Pazela"]. Shule remembered what Vilox was counting on the Jedi remembering, but he also remembered a certain incident report from after that, when the Grandmaster and various Council members had had to rescue Shule's granddaughter from mental intrusion on Ossus. Then there was that report from the One Sith, through an intermediate source that quite a few Jedi leaders had heard at the Conclave of Sigma Station -- about Pazela attempting to take over the Sith at Prakith a few years back, and surviving through apparently dubious means. He'd played with falsifying light auras himself, in his long-gone Sith Lord days, so he knew that a light side presence proved nothing. That said, he had the background to both sympathize with redeemed Sith and take them with a serious grain of salt. The recidivism rate was just plain ridiculous in this day and age.

And Pazela had been somewhere.

With a smile and a nod to both Padawans, he approached Pazela. Some people specialized in making things explode or warping reality to their will; Shule was a career illusionist and mentalist with Dagoyan-trained powers of sense.

"Welcome to Yavin Four. I'm Master Windspeaker, one of the teachers here. Master Pazela, I believe?"

[member="Kana Truden"], [member="Corvus Raaf"], [member="Syn"], [member="Kian Karr"], [member="Thurion Heavenshield"], [member="Ilias Nytrau"], [member="Xander Carrick"], [member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

All those invited -- and, indeed, the occasional passerby -- would be getting a lungful of fragrant smoke right about now. A massive grill, the kind of industrial-strength Mandalorian barbecue prized by the truly carnivorous, supported an equally substantial amount of ribs. Each full and half rack dripped with half-charred Whyren's Reserve sauce. A good quarter of the grill was devoted to Ojomian onions, Bellassan peppers, huge Mandalorian orange segments, and assorted other non-meat choices, for the weak. Jorus, sleeves rolled to his elbows and liberally festooned with both scorch and sauce, manned the grill, and offered his fellow Masters a half-solute with the tongs. Behind him, the Wookiee called Beyyr trundled out of the Gypsymoth with a keg of authentic Kyrikalli sugarbeer.

"Welcome to Yavin, folks. Flimsiplast plates are right there. Half rack or full, your call, and seconds if you've done your velocities this morning."

Kian turned toward Jorus and saw the smoke billowing up from the large grill. The beautiful smell of the BBQ, though somewhat filtered from his antiox mask, was still intoxicating and Kian found his mouth watering at the smell.

"I'm afraid I'll have to pass." Kian said tapping his talon on his antiox mask. "I'm limited to liquids outside of my pressurized room." Kian said and shrugged. It was one of the most irritating aspects of being a Kel Dor. Kian rarely ate when wearing his mask and when he did, he was limited to nutrient drinks he could suck through a straw.

Kian turned his attention back to Corvus and Coci. He made a mental note of the dress that Corvus was wearing and tilted his head to the side quizzically. In all the years he'd known the Jedi, he had never seen her in anything other than Jedi robes. The sight of her in a dress made Kian want to tease her, but he pushed back the idea. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable and, quite frankly, it was nice to see her in a more relaxed state. Kian only wished [member="Kana Truden"] was here to see this.

[member="Jorus Merrill"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Coci Sinopi"]​

[member="Shule Windspeaker"]

"Yes," replied Pazela, eyes turning to the Jedi Master. "I do not believe we have met before. How did you come to know me?" As he listened to Shule, the master's eyes turned to observe the Academy. He was searching for someone.

[member="Kian Karr"]

"Thought of that." Jorus hiked a thumb at a nearby tent. "Pressurized to Dorin standards, with atmo composition to match, if you're straight-up hungry. Also, I checked: Kyrikalli sugarbeer is one hundred percent safe for Kel Dor consumption. There's even straws."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Vilox Pazela"]

"The Grandmaster caught you breaking into my granddaughter's mind a few years back, after your acquittal," said Shule with a smile. "Suffice it to say your record is interesting reading. But any man can change if he tries, and I can only assume you wouldn't be here if you didn't take rehabilitation seriously. You can consider me your gateway to the Jedi Academy, Master Pazela, though final decisions aren't mine to make under most circumstances. What can I help you with?"

"That's a travesty, for I was only helping to return Ashin's powers." Pazela averted his gaze from the rest of the Academy back to Shule. "I'm looking for someone. Her name is Corvus Raaf. If you can help me find her, that would be appreciated. Otherwise, I wish you a good day."

He went to step around the Jedi Master.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Vilox Pazela"]

Shule took a step in front of him, to block his path. Shule's scarred hand wasn't exactly on his lightsabre hilt. It wasn't exactly off it, either.

"The Council and the woman in question disagreed. Behind me are several dozen impressionable students under my care. You're not entering this Academy until I'm satisfied that you're not a threat to it."

Kian smiled and bowed his head thankfully, but not wanting to leave the party so soon or to eat alone, Kian tentatively picked up a Kyrikalli sugarbeer and eyed it suspiciously.

"I don't believe I've ever had one of these." Kian said grabbing a straw and sliding it into the bottle.

"But there is a first time for everything." Kian added sliding the straw into the port on the underside of his mask and taking a drag of the liquid. It had a wonderful flavor and burned slightly as it went down. Kian liked the drink, but he would have to take it easy. Having spent his life amongst monks and then the Jedi, Kian hadn't spent a great deal of time drinking.

"Delicious!"

[member="Jorus Merrill"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Coci Sinopi"]​

This couldn’t contrast further from Jacen’s recent life. Weeks of brutal physical training, meditation, and bland but carb heavy food had been carried out in the sparse temple on Ossus. The gathering promised several things he would enjoy at the best of times, but compared to his current existence seemed exquisite: good food, beer, and conversation.

Ribs were good, these ribs were fantastic. Perhaps it was his recent diet, but they were cooked to perfection, falling apart in his mouth. Of course, sugarbeer wasn’t quite what he had in mind, he eyes the glass suspiciously before trying a swig. Ghastly sweet stuff. He supposed he would just have to accept that a good ale was off the menu these days. The sacrificed I make…

He’d lost sight of the man who’d brought him along. Taven Sharr was a Jedi Knight in his early fifties. The pair seemed to get along aright, and that was probably based on the common ground they’d found. Both Coruscant natives, they were both much older than their respective peers. Of course many never made the Master title, but they both seemed to share a rather petulant, yet mild annoyance with being spoken down to by people twenty years junior to themselves.

Jacen carefully deposited his glass of sugarbeer on a free table and found a glass of water instead. He went looking for some conversation he could join in on. Frankly his usual method of ingratiating himself with an unfamiliar crowd involved drinking enough to kill a Togorian and waking up fast friends for reasons that had been lost in the night. He assumed that wasn’t going to go down well here, so he'd have to rely on his personality. Crap.

"By all means," said Vilox, coming to an abrupt stop. His eyes lowered to the hand on his stomach. Delicately, he wrapped his hand around Shule's own and lifted it off him. "If you would like to take our altercation to a more secluded area, I would be happy to show you that I mean no harm."

Ordo nodded to the young woman, @Aella. His scarred face twisting into a fatherly smile.

"Feel free to check them out. Don't cut off your arm or anything." He said before standing and inclining his head to the woman who walked up, [member="Kana Truden"].

"Never met Merrill formally." he admitted his deep voice sounding slightly like he had gravel in his throat. "I have trained here for the last ten years...guess I'm a neighbor."

He looked back to the other girl and then the blonde Jedi.

"How about you. You part of this bunch of Jetiise Academies I heard 'bout?"

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Vilox Pazela"]

"Oh, this isn't an altercation unless it gets loud," said the Jedi Master, whose hand remained near his own lightsabre and was certainly nowhere near Vazela's stomach. "And so long as you answer my questions clearly and directly, and to my satisfaction, it won't.

"Now. Shortly after you joined the Jedi Order, after your trial and the Ossus incident, you disappeared. The next we heard of you was from a source within the Sith -- something about an attack on Prakith. Why did you go to Prakith and attempt to claim the Dark Lord's throne, Master Vazela? And, when you were killed there, how did you survive?"

[member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Jorus Merrill"]​

[SIZE=12pt]A growing smile crept over Coci’s face as Corvus spoke of Master Harrison, “He has a habit of popping up in the oddest of places”, she only said. “Please do call me Coci, I don’t much stand on ceremony it is tiresome”.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Beginning to feel less awkward she opened up somewhat and found that they had attacked another to their conversation. A man, a Kel Dor and another yet to meet, there would be more which would prove gratifying to the relationships of all of the Jedi Orders.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Addressing whom seemed to be master, the force sending strong message of his power, Coci bowed her head to them both in respect, “Not interrupting at all, a pleasure Master Jedi, I am indeed Coci but I do not have the knowledge of your name my apologies”. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Captain Merrill announced good cheer to all and offered the first of the prepared ribs. He had allowed for the tastes of others which shows the good thoughts a good host. Coci moved toward the table and took up a plate. “Shall we?”, she asked Corvus, “I have a pressing need to eat and these ribs look and smell delicious”, she turned to Jorus “Thank you captain”. [/SIZE]

"As a former Sith, I can tell you that those people will say and do anything to sow discord among their enemies. They know that I was a Sith Lord and that I joined the Jedi Order after I was trialed and released. I am an easy target."

"I've never been to Prakith before. I know that there is a Sith behind the scenes, who isn't seen by his subjects other than his apprentice and those in the One Sith that serve him or he as the Voice. There are only a few who serve as the Voice of the One Sith. I couldn't say if there are more now as it's been a few years since I investigated their collective."

"The reason why you and so many Jedi like you know what you know about the Sith of today is because of me. Mind you, it wasn't just me I am sure, but I am part of the reason why. When they resurfaced on Coruscant all those years ago and took it from the Republic, I was left behind and I stayed to gather more information about them."

"As for the Ossus incident, I left the Temple to save an altercation happening between myself and the Jedi there. I was a free man. My place was never to serve the Galactic Republic directly, but to serve the galaxy in other ways. That's the oath I took when I became a Jedi after my trial."

"As for where I have been after I left Ossus, I don't answer you or anyone for that matter. If your hand edges any closer to your Lightsaber then I'm going to defend myself. We're both Jedi, we both follow Form Zero and you're making me think that we're about to get it on. It's been a while since I've fought another man but I'd be happy to oblige."

Tycho Kae

The Last, Best Hope
[member="Shule Windspeaker"] [member="Vilox Pazela"]

The man that the young Echani had identified as Master Windspeaker left the Padawan he was speaking to at the arrival of another older man, this one mysterious in nature. His gut told him that the other guy was not to be trifled with ... his eyes narrowed. Breathing slowed. Tycho watched intently, studying the body language of both. Clearly, events were on the cusp of getting physical. Tycho's right hand felt absent-mindedly for his blaster, which usually sat on his right hip but was now conspicuously absent. Oh yeah, I'm unarmed. Great. Thanks Jedi, thanks Jedi Academy.

He didn't even think about the fact that he'd be next to useless in a fight between two Masters. He was ready to throw himself in as required. After all, Tycho Kae was a Jedi now, if only for about five minutes. This was his team, and he'd never not put himself in harms way for his team.

But who was right, and who was wrong? Tycho would let his gut figure that out.

Shakk had just arrived to Yavin, she was to speak with a jedi. Her father wasn't affilated with the academy specifically, but he compleated contracts for ranking officials of both Republic and Mandalorian governments. She didn't agree with her fathers choice of her condition to study the force. With his acceptance of her free travel she must visit the Jedi Academy before she was aloud to search for a master.

It had been 7 years since she found out she was able to use the force, and a year since jedi healers informed her she was a force user. The problem with being sent to such a place wasn't that it was a Jedi facility, but that her father forced her to attend. He didn't tell her to join the Jedi Order, or any of that, but he did want her to figure out as much of the force as she could. He had been very worried since she became badly I'll from over working and using the force to heal wounded without proper training.

He had strained her in many sword forms and even skills not affiliated with the force. Now he wanted her to be informed before picking a master to train under.

As she entered the main entrance of the academy, her body guards were to stay outdoors and she was to leave her Vibroblade outside with them. She was then given a guest pass to tour the facility. She only wished to be a force healer like many of her friends back at the station. She knew medicine, and she knew how to heal, but she wanted to use her force ability to help end the suffering of this dumb war.

Corvus smiled at Kian and was pleased he hadn’t made reference to her attire. She wasn’t used to having no pockets and therefore the small bag she had slung over her shoulder was awkward and kept getting in the way when she tried to move – or slip off when she thought she’d got it into a comfy position. But she turned her attention back to Coci when she mentioned Connor, but decided she’d done enough to confuse the issue without commenting further. “Coci it is then.”

At the mention of food, Corvus gladly followed the others and took a plate. The ribs did indeed smell good but Corvus was a creature of habit – and her change in dress was enough of a variance for one day. So she collected some salad and a glass of blue milk and took a quick sip – the ensuing moustache an occupational hazard she’d long given up worrying about.

Corvus gave Jorus a friendly nod and smile as he was busy in a way that it seemed meant you had to be covered in the food that you were cooking. Of course, her own top lip was in no position to judge. She turned her attention back to Coci. “Do you know many here? I feel quite ashamed that I know so few, we are all Jedi after all.”

[member="Coci Sinopi"] | [member="Kian Karr"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Jorus Merrill"]​
After piling her plate with ribs, Coci took another for the bones, she is preparing for a feast. Water the only drink for her these days and the only liquid she can stomach. She waited for the other masters to plate their food before she walked to find a table. "No, the only person I have met this, is Jorus. I agree with you, it seems ludicrous that we as Jedi have not met before today, but time changes things". she said as she took her place at the table. "And I hope the change is for the better".

"You.. you have a little something on your top lip", she smiled, knowing well the hazards of blue milk, it is always fun to watch Thurion with a beard coated with it. So not to make Corvus feel even more awkward, Coci turned her attention to her ribs, to allow her the privacy to rid her lip of the milk.

She started to eat, her hunger growing rapidly with each mouthful, whatever Jorus uses for marinade is fantastic and very more-ish. In not to much time, Coci had devoured half the plate, her face now stained with oil and marinade. But her craving had become somewhat satiated and she slowed only to realise she had company. She had forgotten this in her eating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom