Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jedi Academy on Yavin IV (open to the Jedi Order, regardless of faction)

Lightly padded-feet crunched along the forest floor. She didn't know why, but she was drawn to places like this, something about the crisp air and untamed-landscape: freeing and dangerous at the same time, a reminder of the frailty in being just a person in the wilds. She paused and caught a glimpse of someone familiar through the trees, a bulk of a man, [member="Ordo"], sitting on a rock. A craving of soup, breadsticks, and tea gnawed at her stomach.

She froze.

She heard roomers of her cook being the Dark Lord. She also heard rumors of his death. But no one was running and screaming. His eyes weren't glowing red and there were enough jedi masters on planet that could sense the darkside. She hoped they would've intervened by now if he was still the Dark Lord.

She stepped toward the man but stopped as she felt a teeny-trickle of pain through the force, someone else's pain. Myrtle-ellipses caught a blond-haired woman, [member="Kana Truden"], quickly picking herself up, hand over nose. Her nose also picked up on the smell of....barbecue?

Stomach rumbled and she turned toward the blond and the fantastic smell. The reunion with the cook would have to happen later.

"Hey....want me to take a look at it?" She pointed a little sheepishly, "Your nose. I promise I won't tell anyone what I saw." A small, non-threatening smile.

Ana looked up from her work as she heard someone speak to her in Mando'a to see a fellow clan member. "Su cuy'gar!" She smiled. Dropping the weed she got up to greet him brushing her hands off on the robes. She knew he probably thought she looked silly in the robes. Ana felt silly and weird in them but she was trying to not scare off anyone from her.

"Ni mirdir bic malyasa'yr cuyir jate at kebbur bal ayahr o'r. numa cuyir weird ba'hak. Malyasa'yr gar emuurir a?" She replied as she motioned to the temple. Ana figured he came to poke around the temple and see what the Jedi were up to. She wanted to assure him that the temple was a good place and there was no need to be worried.

(Mando'a: Hey! I thought it would be good to try and fit in. The robes are weird though. Would you like a tour?)

[member="Davin Skirata"]

On another day, Mark might be in the jungles alone, due to his slightly introverted nature, and not here in this busy courtyard. Mark almost wasn't used to the large amount of people rushing back and forth or doing this or that.
Among this organized chaos, Mark spotted Jedi Master, Shule Windspeaker, along with who he assumed to be a new student who showed excessive signs of nervousness standing by the engraving of the jedi code.
Mark wondered if what he'd been told by a few other people had told him was true in that a new shipment of very old files would be coming in today. He was ready to delve into them, so that he could unlock their secrets of the past. But he couldn't get his hopes up too high. The shipment might not even exist.
In this situation, a jedi master and instructor seemed like the perfect person to ask.
"Excuse me," he asked, "Master Windspeaker? I hope I'm not butting into anything. I wouldn't expect you to remember me in particular with the amount of jedi you teach, but my name is Mark Sage. I've been in several of your training sessions since I've been here."
Mark hoped he hadn't butted into something that was more important than he was. He hated making a fool out of himself.

He wondered what she was thinking about for a moment but after hesitation, he took her hand, smiled and shook it. "I'm Fletcher." he said. Saying his name felt so natural now, even though he knew he was living a lie.
"What did you mean when you said you weren't strictly Jedi?" he asked out of curiosity.

[member="Aella"]

Corvus stared at the message on her screen for the umpteenth time. She tried once more to understand what was required of her. Was this a meeting of Masters from the different Orders to discuss the Academy? Or a chance to discuss the events of the past six years? Or was it the one thing that logic dictated but she wanted it to be least of all – a social event?

She passed on the ‘bring who you like.’ She had but two friends and both were on the invitation list. But ‘who you like’ again pointed to this being not about Jedi business but the one and only thing she dreaded – a party. Wampas, Sith Lords, the wonky Force – these were things she could take in her stride. But talking to people? She was aware she was coming out in a cold-sweat just thinking about it.

So she showered and remembered her promise. Like most agreements, made without considering the consequences. But she was a Jedi and was honour bound to keep her word. So she went to the wardrobe in her cabin and stood there. For a good thirty minutes.

Then she went for another shower. Returning to her clothes she closed her eyes and grabbed the first one that came to her hand. Like all but one of the others it was still in its wrapper from when she’d bought it six years ago. These few pieces of fabric represented her entire estate – she owned nothing else, she was a Jedi. Her sabers were technically hers, but even her robes were bought and paid for by the Galactic Republic.

So she put the dress on and avoided looking in the mirror. Then she put on her Jedi boots before deciding they were perhaps not appropriate. But then she realised she’d only ever bought these three dresses and hadn’t thought to buy shoes. So she had to go barefoot, wear trainers or put on her Jedi boots again.

So she descended the ramp of her ship in knee-length leather boots and a feeling of being so under-dressed she felt entirely self-conscious. Fortunately there was nobody around, so she lent against a nearby wall and listened for the sound of frivolity – and against her better judgement followed it. After twenty paces she considered turning around but shaking her head at herself, she pursed her lips and carried on.

corvusbbq_by_corvusraaf-d8mxgw4.jpg

Corvus took in the central courtyard of the Academy, and gazed at the massive marble slab, inscribed with the words of GrandMaster Skywalker’s refinement of the Jedi Code. It must have been a sad time for Jedi, she reflected. It was written at a time when there was no Galactic Republic to serve and she for one would feel lost without that connection. But it provoked a thought that something similar should be present at both Ossus and Ruusan. Of course, the former GrandMaster Kiskla Grayson had created a new Code for the Jedi Order and that was logically the one to use. But she pushed these thoughts out of her mind for now. She was here to?… She was still unsure what she was here for and was regretting again her decision to dress as she had.

And then she rounded a corner and saw that quite a few had arrived and her heart leaped as she saw familiar faces - as she couldn't be sure if that was good or bad. She managed a weak wave at [member="Kana Truden"] and smiled and then folded her arms across her chest, wondering what on earth to say or do.

Well, today is the first day Ive set foot within a Jedi Temple." She looked back at the marble slab "When I left my home world, I never planned on being a Jedi. I simply wanted to learn all I could about the force and the galaxy we live in." she looked back at Fletcher and shrugged "Gotta start somewhere, right?"

She began walking, moving away from the central courtyard towards some of the smaller adjacent ones, hoping that Fletcher would follow her. There was so much to see and it seemed people were beginning to congregate in one of the gardens. One man in particular caught her interest, perched on a rock he supported a great deal of battle scars. She edged closer, biting her lower lip with nerves, though her eyes glittered with excitement. Scars told stories, and stories helped her learn more about the galaxy around her.

"Hello." she said finally coming to stand before him.

[member="Fletcher Lorcan"] [member="Ordo"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Mallory Pryde"]

Shule took in the deliberate dark aura she was creating. "Your path is your own, Padawan Pryde, but while you're in residence here you'll refrain from using the Dark Side deliberately. That's the absolute basic standard of expectations here. Actively embracing the Dark Side here isn't appropriate."

[member="Mark Sage"] would be disappointed - every Jedi Holocron in the Order's hands was locked up very far away, accessible through specially encrypted audio headsets called Jedi Order Library Cards. As he approached the place where Shule sat beside Mallory Pryde, the Jedi Master brightened. "Of course. Padawan Sage. I'm glad you found your way to Yavin. This is Padawan Pryde; we're just discussing the Jedi code of conduct." He stood from the granite bench. "I hope you two will be able to attend Headmaster M'ti's class this afternoon. I wouldn't miss it. Always learn something new, listening to her."

His comm buzzed; it was a notification that [member="Tycho Kae"], his newest Padawan, had checked in.

Grinning as he spoke and she witnessed the most peculiar thing happen, then another came up and she looked to him with a stern gaze.. it was not her own, it was the manufactured gaze of another, a more older and deceptive persona, a life she left behind to allow her own to roam the galaxy, a former knight of a now defunct and mighty empire that to this day runs rampant with cowardice and sith trying to play gods... if only the first emperor knew what they had become, he would so be rolling in his grave out of pure dark rage at the idiotic path they have now taken.

Rising she smirked at the new comer [member="Mark Sage"] and nodded and then looked to [member="Shule Windspeaker"] it was nice to speak to ya Master Wiindspeaker, as it is I think I should become distant. if you would kindly excuse me, I will go find something to bide my time, thank you. she spoke with clear formality and then walked off while giving a subtle glare at the new comer and walked off toward an unknown destination.

[member="Aella"]

He looked up and saw [member="Taheera Sollo"]. The young girl that had been dropped on his door step one quiet evening when he had been free of his tormentor for a night. He had wondered what she had gotten herself into when she decided to set out on her own. He was glad she hadn't ended up as one of the sith's little dolls. She didn't come over and he didn't get up but he smiled inwardly that she was ok.

He leaned back and stretched his big arms wide then crossed his right arm across his chest to scratch his left shoulder and yawned like a large jungle cat as another ypung woman walked up. He looked to her a finished his yawn. Her nervous demeanor and the excitement in her eyes told she expected something from him, was it something her could even accomplish? He gave a nod and met her eyes.

"Su cuy'gar, what can I do for ya?"

Tycho Kae

The Last, Best Hope
"Welcome to Yavin IV, Mr. Kae. It's always tip top to see a new face join us!" In response, Tycho folded his hands into his pockets awkwardly and glanced around the cavernous antechamber. Smooth stone, vines, ferns and skylights for over a hundred meters, and then there was a door. Before him was a desk. Behind that was a pretty Twi'lek receptionist. Tycho ran his eyes over her too. Probably joined the Jedi but didn't quite make the cut, from the look of her. Second course of thought was sexual. Yeah, she was cute, but rammit her voice was annoying as all frell. Final assessment; yeah, he'd go there, but it wasn't like he'd try to make it happen. Feelings of awkwardness over, Tycho broke into a smile and met her eyes.

"How fething big is this place?" he said conversationally, with a hint of wonder.

"There is no cursing within the Praxeum, Mr. Kae," she chided.

"Ah ... sorry." The apology was genuine. Tycho blushed appropriately.

"Once you step through the door to your front, you will be a registered Padawan within the Jedi Academy. Your master will have more information on what's expected of you in terms of your training and your personal conduct."

"And who actually is my master, marm?"

"Master Windspeaker. He's currently holding a discussion in the atrium."

"Right." A pause. "Windspeaker. Strange name."

"If you say so, Padawan Kae. Once again, welcome to the Academy!"

"Yeah, cheers." Tycho grinned, gave her the peace sign, shouldered his duffel bag and made his way towards the atrium. Maps were handy.

Since being identified as Force sensitive, Tycho had weighed his options up in his mind. At first he had been skeptical, but it was always going to happen eventually. A family tradition, really. His most famous ancestor had been a powerful Force user, after all, as had some of her descendants. Tycho was curious. He couldn't not come to Yavin and see if he was made of the right stuff.

Within a few minutes, he reached some old dude in the atrium. He was speaking to a young dude, and some young chick had just left in a huff. Tycho was pretty sure it was Windspeaker ... for some intangible reason. He just knew. The Force? Maybe. Shut up Tycho, you dingus, you're not even a trained Jedi yet.

Anyway, Windspeaker seemed busy with the young guy so Tycho hung around and waited for his chance to say hi. He took the time to look up and around in wonder, appreciating the ancient architecture and the mix of nature of civilization. The young Echani took a deep breath, exhaled, and smiled. The sun from the skylight warmed his skin. He was satisfied. Outside of combat, this was as Echani as it got.

[member="Shule Windspeaker"] [member="Mark Sage"]

Aitis wandered hesitantly, still shaky from the experience of leaving Ossus... There was a long process ahead of him, but the visions had lately began to take a more sinister turn. With no one to turn to who truly seemed to understand beyond thinking him troubled, the Padawan had sought out the Academy on Yavin 4... Though, to be fair, it wasn't like Aitis was terribly social and communicative, as most other padawans knew of his gift and shied away from him for it, and so he remained largely solitary. The Academy here was the best option he could find to coincide with the path out of hell his visions brought him to. Something about the planet would save him, in some way. Wishing and hoping and burying his head in books or workouts had done nothing as the galaxy was rocked by disappearances and madness. He only hoped someone here could show him the way his visions had shown in symbols and scattered images.

Turning about, he cast his shadowed gaze about the courtyard, the hooded tunic casting his face in shadows, though there was no sinister air or nature from the gaze or the miralukan under it. Indeed he radiated turmoil and nerves in the Force, but seemed outwardly, physically, calm, as he looked at the words graven before him and reminded himself leaving the Order was the right path and the right choice. The Republic was a body of government, and he was pledged to the living will of the Force and not the political machinations of any one body of governance, no matter how pure or lofty it's ideology may be. Besides, such things were always so easily corrupted by things like Pride, Vanity and other failings that what appeared to be an embodiment of the Light itself could just be a gleam of it's recalling on the Darkest of surfaces.

He just hoped he didn't run into anyone who would try to drag him back or such.. His decision was what was best for everyone, himself and the Order included. He was a danger and a liability until he learned better control. As such, he tried to blend in as he turned to walk away from the words he had been viewing, nervously radiating trepidation as he looked about at people.

What Aitis is wearing:
knight5.jpg

"Yes sir, I was planning on going to the training after a quick research session. Seeing as we don't have any physical holocrons on campus here, I'll just continue using the file archives I've been using. You see, I've been after the answer to a certain question that no one seems to be able to pinpoint exactly for almost my entire time being here since I was seven. And I'm so close to reaching it. It has to be somewhere right under our noses. I'm so close, I can sense it..."
He trailed off at this.
"Anyways, you probably don't want to hear any more of my ramblings. I don't get to talk about Archaeology, or much of anything for that matter, with many people. I guess I tend to ramble a bit sometimes. But, you probably have more important things to do, people to talk to, plans to make. I'll leave you now. I think you have a newcomer to give the tour or something to. I just felt that if I had a question like that I really should have asked in the rest of the eight years I've been here, you would be the one to come to. Until our next meeting Master Windspeaker."

Oh god no, she was approached by someone. She had to act cool. She was Kana Truden, the master of smooth recoveries. She let raised her left hand to join the other hand in covering her nose. [member="Taheera Sollo"] approached Kana and all she could do was gently tilt her back in a very unusual greeting, at least for a jedi, right?

Her hand reached up to wave the woman’s offer to help away on instinct. “What, this old thing? Hardly knew it was busted.” Kana chuckled. “I’ve been treating things like this for a while now. It comes with having gravity as your worst enemy, trust me on that one.”

Seeing [member="Corvus Raaf"] off in the distance she raised her hand in a wave and friendly nod hello. It put a smile on her face, after all it was not every day you got to see the grandmaster in a dress. At least not this grandmaster. It looked good on her.

Her eyes set for the stranger again as yet another stranger made their way over to them. Oh boy there was a lot of strangers around here. She didn’t of course know that it was [member="Ordo"] or his history. Did that count as ignorance or not? Hmm, she didn’t rightly know. Still, introductions were in order.

“I’m Kana Truden, and I have a problem with gravity.” She set her eyes on stranger in front of her again. “Who are you? Did Jorus invite you for that roast-thing too?”

Aella's eyes widened ever so slightly in surprise. Who'd have thought a mandalorian would be here to teach? There was a great deal more to these people than she originally thought.

"You here to teach combat?" she gestured towards the bag at his feet. "I've never held a lightsaber before. May I?"

[member="Ordo"]

Vilox Pazela lowered the cowl of his robe as he made his way up to the Jedi Academy. The Lightsaber that hung on his hip was a comfortable weight as he came to a stop in atrium of the structure. His eyes turned to observe the entrance quietly, arms fallen at his side. Gloves were placed over his hands. Jet black, spiked hair swayed in the breeze from the outside.

To those old enough to remember and recognize him, he was one of the few Sith Lords that were trialed and subsequently cleared of their crimes by the Supreme Courts. The only other Pazela knew of was Ashin Varanin and he could not sense her here. He was inducted into the Jedi Order a year later as a Jedi Master. Then the One Sith emerged on Coruscant, where he vanished for several weeks after the invasion. He resurfaced to deliver his report on Tython, attempted to assist Ashin in returning her powers and then disappeared.

Almost a decade later, he had decided to show his face once more. Why?

The false light side aura he projected protected his true alignment.

[SIZE=20pt]Yavin IV[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=20pt]Jedi Praxeum[/SIZE]​
[member="Jorus Merrill"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Kana Truden"]​
So she would keep her promise. No missions until their child is born. Coci had requested light duties and so she decided to visit Yavin IV and the Jedi Praxeum. She was already half way there when receiving a message rerouted through Silver Jedi channels, an invitation to a social event with Captain [member="Jorus Merrill"]. Coci had met Jorus once before through a mission with Levantine Sanctum which took an interesting turn as Thurion had been captured by pirates and she had to go. She did not get time to speak to Jorus but this provided a good opportunity to do so.

On arrival, with co-ordinates dispatched, Coci landed near the Praxeum and made her way to the gathering. She found Jorus soon enough and others that had arrived before her, he was the only one she recognised, but the force indicated the others to be Jedi, whom she assumed would be from the Jedi Order. Coci is adorned in her official Silver Jedi robes which allowed for movement and comfort as her belly grew. Her only hope at this point was the Jorus had plenty of ribs, the child growing now demanding sustenance and she is very hungry.

“Captain Merrill, it is good to see you again”, she offered a small smile. Not really a social person preferring to keep herself to training and family, this would prove delightful for her for a change.

Deciding the unknown was safer territory than the known, Corvus dismissed thoughts of going back to her ship and changing back into her robes or even the more ornate Baran Do ones she’d been gifted on Dorin. Instead she gritted her teeth and headed for the closest person she could see – still acutely aware of the divergence between her dress and the Jedi boots she wore.

So she sought out the woman who – from her research – appeared to be wearing Silver Jedi robes and walked boldly up to her. Just before she got there, the woman turned to speak to Jorus and Corvus felt distinctly uncomfortable – caught in no-man’s land – having to either pretend she wasn’t about to say hello to this woman or accept the fact that she looked like she’d just been snubbed (albeit accidentally). So she hovered and moved a few blades of grass with her toes – as the ground suddenly seemed a very interesting place to stare.

[member="Coci Sinopi"] | [member="Jorus Merrill"]

Aaralyn was somewhere within the confines of the Massassi Temple - going over plans to essentially assist in further fortifying Yavin IV and build up it's defensive measures against onslaughts from invaders. It wasn't a Republic thing, or even a Jedi thing - but a duty as a Rekali. She had recently met with the Elders on Dathomir regarding the Sanctuary and terms were discussed to move the fortress elsewhere - despite her feelings of wanting to keep it close to what she considered home.

Now, there were the twins as well as [member="Falcon Gyndar"] to consider. So, here she was - going through the manifests and the de-construction phases as well as the reconstruction phases back on Yavin IV. [member="Alec Rekali"] would need to see this, hell, maybe even @Shule Windpseaker? She didn't know. It wasn't really a Jedi thing but it was a place where they'd be able to find additional support. She thought about [member="Jorus Merrill"] - he had contacts within shipping as well as other fields, maybe he could assist. She'd send a message to them all either way - knowing the de-construction phases on Dathomir were well under way and the construction crews would arrive within a few days time to begin preparing the ground just a kilometer or two northeast of the Massassi Temple for the Fortress.

Then there would be the exhaustive planning of adjusting rooms - Falcon had complained about how simple and plain it appeared, and then some mysterious hat that was thrown into the corner to which Aaralyn refused to discuss.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Jorus Merrill"]​
Her black eyes saw movement out of their periphery, the figure of a young woman approached just as she addressed Jorus. She is hesitant and seemed awkward, it actually lightened Coci's heart to know someone else here is as she is. Coci's closed lips trembled into a smile as she turned to the young woman, recognising her from intelligence profiles as Master Corvus Raaf of the Jedi Order. Although her purpose for the visit to Yavin is more official, Coci felt overdressed now, but it did not matter any.

"Master Raaf I believe. I am Coci Sinopi for the Silver Order", she used a more relaxed form of introduction considering the setting. "It is a pleasure to meet you finally".

Corvus relaxed - and it was probably visible to anyone who was looking. The tension in her body dissipated and she smiled at the woman. "Corvus, just Corvus - please." She smiled again. "I have to admit I find these things daunting and almost didn't come - but I'm glad I did. It seems odd we've been Jedi for as long as we have and yet never met." Corvus had joined the Corellian Academy aged four and arrived at Ossus when she was 14. Now at 25, she wasn't exactly old, but she felt the point was well made.

"I think you're only the second I've met from your Order - although I did accidentally crash my ship near your main temple once. It honestly wasn't my fault," she quickly waved her hands as if that helped admonish her from any blame. "I didn't hit anything and was sort of rescued by Connor Harrison. He's been stalking me ever since." She gave a conspiratorial wink but then realised that could be misinterpreted. "I mean, not actually stalking of course - but we seem to bump into each other too often for coincidence. First Prakith and then Tatooine. Please don't think I meant anything by that..you know...thing I said..." She blushed and smiled again. "I'll stop rambling now."

[member="Coci Sinopi"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom