Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jedi Academy on Yavin IV (open to the Jedi Order, regardless of faction)

Yavin Temple Courtyard

Mandalore had always been Ana's home. The only home that she had ever known thanks to Az. The thought of moving away was daunting even if Yavin was in Mandalorain space and she was only visiting the temple. The clan and her brother had always been her support system but she couldn't pass up the chance of meeting and training with other Jedi.

Normally Ana wore her pink armor but here she opted for brown flowy robes which she didn't exactly hate except she kind of didn't like the color. She would fix that later but for now they would do.

As she kneeled in the Courtyard pulling weeds she half listened to the various conversations going on. Unless she felt the need to or someone spoke to her she was going to keep on her chores.

Gardening to her wasn't something she considered a chore in the slightest. On the contrary it was one of the few things that helped the young woman clear her mind. Baking was another of those things but they had enough cupcakes and brownies for the moment.

[member="Fletcher Lorcan"][member="Mallory Pryde"][member="Shule Windspeaker"][member="Davin Skirata"]

Always looking for a fight to prove himself, Fletcher wasn't going to back down easily.
"This is our land now, we use it to train. You're not needed here." he said, his voice hinting arrogance. He was a good person with strong judgement lines, but even arrogance was common with such strong willed people.
[member="Davin Skirata"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Mallory Pryde"]

Shule shrugged easily. "I was a Sith Lord, a long time ago. I've seen the other side, considered it thoroughly. It's not always a matter of bias to come to the conclusion that one side of an argument is more correct than the other. Sometimes it's a matter of reason and experience.

"Whoever you've been listening to doesn't have the full picture, though. Jedi don't teach that anyone who chooses the Dark Side does it because of personal weakness. I've known many people who've chosen the Dark Side because they thought it was the right thing to do, or because they didn't think it mattered, or because they got the wrong idea in their heads, or because they believed it was the only way to accomplish something they wanted or needed. And Sith don't necessarily feel my ways are corrupt. See, to be a Sith is to do anything, absolutely anything, to accomplish whatever it is you want most, and generally to pursue the traditional Sith powers in the process. I've met a few Sith who would admire what I've sacrificed for my goals, even if they wouldn't find my goals especially interesting. As for Dark Jedi...well, that's a term without intrinsic meaning. A catchall category that can mean three or four or five entirely different things. All that matters is this. What do you want to become? A Jedi? If so, you're in the right place, and the Jedi Code can help you. Or something else? In which case, I'd be very careful about considering where those roads are likely to end up, and how satisfied you'll be when you get there. How far can you look into the future, and see the consequences of your choices?"

[member="Davin Skirata"] [member="Fletcher Lorcan"]

"Easy there, kid," said one of the Jedi Masters wandering by. "We're guests here, and the Mandalorians have experienced enough tragedy at the hands of the Sith to earn our respect. Let's work on humility."

Fletcher turned his head to where he heard the voice coming from and saw a Jedi Master. Quickly he moved away from the armoured man and inclined his head to the Master. "Yes, Master."
[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Jak Skirata

J
He turned from the young Padawan, shaking his head in mock frustration, or maybe there was a little true frustration there. Either way he walked away. Even if the Master hadn't intervened it was Davin's prerogative that the boy wouldn't have been worth the fight. A certain blonde caught his eye as he walked away from the hostile scene. A familiar one, Azrael's younger sister. Which meant a member of clan Skirata, and at the very least a fellow Mando'ade.

<Asya,> he called out in his native tongue. What was she doing, gardening? For the Jedi? He knew she was spending more and more time with the Force using religious sect but he had no idea she was this involved, mostly out of sheer ignorance of the woman. <Seems like you fit in well around here.> he said, nodding to the Jedi robes she wore.

[member="Anastasia Rade"]

Aella seemed to have gone unnoticed by the mandalorian and the outspoken Padawan. As always, she remained quiet and simply watched, drawing away fro the pair slightly. The hostility from the Jedi surprised her, but the mandalorian's tone was respective of their culture. They were warriors, through and through. The mandalorains own enmity with the Sith had landed the Jedi and them on the same side of a coin. Had their history with the sith not been as is was, she wondered if instead, they would be fighting the Jedi instead.

She glanced once more over the code as a Master moved to interrupt a fight before it began. She brushed the marble lightly with her fingertips, watching the mandalorian leave out of the corner of her eye before turning to face the Jedi. "What made you do that?" she asked "What makes you believe that a mandalorian is any less important than yourself?" The question wasn't asked with any hint of aggression, it was spoken softly, out of curiosity.

[member="Fletcher Lorcan"]

Listening with a more reserve intent she focused on the words themselves, it appears her judgement of their ways might have been a little incorrect, finding some truth in what he said she thought them over for a moment and then sighed as she thought it was a necessary sacrifice, a noble goal for their intentions.

I see your point, but does it really matter which side one chooses? she asked, she still doesn't get the true differences between the two sides.. to her, due to the fact the darkside seems more prominent in her life and the lightside has always been a distant echo, the force was ever changing, but also confusing at times.

Don't get me wrong, but if one allowed the darkside to fuel them.. can they not do great things for the betterment of galactic society and to protect those they love and respect? Do you not think the darkside could be used for good just as the lightside could be used for evil? she asked as she just remained neutral, but somehow she felt the purpose of her own thoughts might very well be clouded. Yet she also feels a certain disturbance in the force....

[member="Shule Windspeaker"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Mallory Pryde"]

"I've tried to do exactly that, and I've known others who've tried harder. And what we discovered was this. The Force is a mood-altering, mind-altering substance. The more in tune to get with it, in what's called the Light Side, the more self-control you'll get. And the more you use the Dark Side, the more angry you'll get, the more you'll hate, the more sure you'll get that you've got the right to make whatever decisions you want. That's why it matters. Whatever side you pick will change the way you think."

He smiled faintly. "If it helps, the Dark Side will also make you ugly."

Fletcher sighed and spoke as a matter of factly. "I don't think they're less important. I think they should stay out of our affairs." he said, scoffing quietly.
He looked at the girl and shook his head, of course she wouldn't understand. He sighed and spoke more softly. "I just don't think they should be in here, strictly speaking this is a Jedi Academy."

[member="Aella"]

chuckling at the last statement she smirked at him with inner confidence and then commented Oh? and I take it you see beauty as being given by the light? her inner flair was abundant yet she kept it within reason.

So this light of yours.. The very force your people allow to flow within your veins, and hearts. What moves it, what makes it burn bright.. whats the purpose of the light that the dark does not have, or make better? Her question was more a deception, but also a counter.

[member="Shule Windspeaker"]

The branches of the nearby trees were swept aside as Kana entered the scene carried by the sound and smell of a barbecue in the making. Stomach growling for food and jaw dropping in excitement for the taste experience that she just knew was right around that corner. A warm meal that actually tasted something. Now that was a good deal.

“Hey guys, I-” It was all Kana could say before her foot got tangled in a tree root and she quickly found herself falling to the floor face first. What had previously been a stomach filled with excitement had quickly turned into something else. The burning sensation of embarrassment washed over her and she let her face rest itself on the ground as one deep breath was followed by another. It was just typical that the one time she truly had time off she’d end up doing something like this.

She got up from the ground and casually brushed the dirt off of her jumpsuit as if nothing had ever happened. The obligatory hand-to-face rubs to get rid of most dirt and the just as mandatory tucking of hair back behind her ears were followed by a dignified, or not, walk towards the others.

“I hate Mondays.” Or whatever day it was. “Always makes me look bad.”

Her hand slowly reached up to cover her nose. It had after all taken most of the fall and was the only real teammate in need of medical attention. Or well, body part. Whatever. She was here to eat and talk to people, not to get technical.

Aella smiled slightly, coming to the conclusion that the hostility was formed from old problems. It was no secret that the mandalorians had rubbed the republic and in turn the Jedi, up the wrong way, more than once. Such incidences remained etched into people's memories, forming stereotypes. All mandalorians were, in the eyes of this one, a problem it would seem.

She extended a hand. "I'm Aella." she said, her smile widening.

[member="Fletcher Lorcan"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Mallory Pryde"]

"I'm not speaking metaphorically. The stronger you get in the Dark Side, the more your skin wrinkles, sags and loses color. Your eyes go jaundice yellow. Sometimes your fingernails fall out, or your hair. Burst blood vessels...a whole catalog of physical effects. Eventually your body just gives out and rots. And like we just talked about, it'll warp your mind in the process. Oh, and when you die? Not pleasant.

"As for what makes the Light better, well, frankly, Padawan Pryde, if you don't already have a sense of that, why are you in a Jedi academy? Don't make the mistake of thinking that Light and Dark are separate but equal. The Light Side is how we refer to connecting with the Force in a way that works with its natural harmonies, which are immensely powerful. The Dark Side is about trying to get a grip on a few handfuls of the universe to make them work just the way you want them to. I don't know how to say it any plainer than this: the Dark Side will ruin you if you let it. I'm not telling you to follow the Jedi Code because I'm a true believer who hasn't looked at other perspectives. I'm telling you that you definitely want to follow the Jedi Code because the Light Side of the Force is the smart decision in basically every way."

Mark Sage was bored. He sat in his room staring at a picture of a krayt dragon he had posted on one side of the room. Mark had never thought jedi, or soon to be jedi, could become bored. With all the things he did during a normal day, lightsaber combat training, normal school classes, force meditation sessions, multiple archaeological seminars and digs, and more, he usually had little time to himself. Usually, he had things to do even during assigned free times like studying new force abilities, exploring the jungles of Yavin IV outside the Academy, or simply reading or resting in his room within the academy. But, now, Mark really had nothing to do. He wasn’t tired, it was one of the two designated free times that were assigned during the day, and his next training session wasn’t until later that afternoon, so Mark decided to spend some time in the Jedi Praxeum’s archive library and look through some of the old archaeological reports, or at least the ones the New Order could recover since the Great Jedi Purge.

If Mark had told anyone, they wouldn’t have been very surprised at his way to use his free time. Ever since the Jedi who'd found him alone in the jungles of Generis as a child had brought him into the Jedi Order, Mark had always been attracted to where things came from and what went on in the past. Knowing this, Mark’s mentor, Avi Merron, allowed him to learn archaeology and xenopaleontology as well as follow the path of a jedi knight. He had excelled in his studies as well as staying true to his training, allowing him to become well rounded in both areas. Now, as a 15 year old padawan, he continued to learn more and more from the bountiful wealth of knowledge that came from the life of a jedi.
Mark got up from his seat on the bed and set his unfinished lightsaber on a side table. One of these days he was going to find the last part and the crystal to that thing. He slipped into his usual attire, a dark brown and dull green jedi tunic and made sure his uncooperative, dark brown hair wasn't too unruly. Then, he headed out of the building to go to the main temple and the archives.

Glaring at his response she then chuckled as if he told a jest, her own amusement sliding off her emotions with a slight hinderance of darkness creeping up, surely this jedi master felt it.. a slight alteration to the peace of this academy, a subtle warning of the force and a slight fog over the blond haired rogue as she slowly pulled on the fabrics of the darkside and allowed it to pull around her body which in turn heightened her confidence.

Would be true if the light was capable of allowing itself to be more than a distant echo she said as she remained seated, her aura still not able to warn of any harmful intentions, truly she wasn't going to try and harm them, not with so many pitiful lightsiders gathered together, but she would disallow the light to remain surrounding her.

I am here to learn, to figure out what makes your order the better choice and so far I am not impressed in the least she stated as she stared at him, her own aura growing as she slowly pooled the lightside to fuel her body But I guess your order isn't exactly for everyone, now is it? she stated and then looked around at the others, her eyes changing, turning from their usual to a coldened state.

(OOC don't attack, no harm being done here.. just a certain flaw of Ivy that she doesn't like too much light around her)

He didn't know who invited the hippies, but one thing he did know, without Ember here to gunt at the little Jetiise, someone had to do it, and that someone was called Ordo. His training gear consisted of terentatek hide pants and a pair of armored boots and since he had pee'd on the most trees in these parts he figured he was welcomed to set up where he liked.

He walked over to a spot and dropped a bag of lightsabers down on the ground and plopped on a rock. Djem So was a thing he did kinda good. If nothing else he had a heck of a different perspective.

Rianna was entering from a different direction from some of the others, she could smell food and though it had the hint of some space she was not aware of she followed her nose through the gates. She had come to the Academy to look up some additional information regarding the healing elements of some additional herbs. She was also looking at what technology it would take to eradicate the vong forming that had taken place on Alderaan.

So many things, and her padawan Ian was to join her but she wasn't sure if he would arrive in time, [member="Jon Burke"] may have delayed him. This was a time for everyone to relax and mingle together she assumed by time she got into the garden. There were many around, and it was good to feel the sensation of the force as it rippled with life.

Rianna was a healer, and she felt quite a talented one. Should anyone require a class, or assistance she would be happy to help. Perhaps she should tell someone that...she laughed to herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom