Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

January's Critique-the-Staff-Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
REVOLUTION!!! We will fight the control!!!

~is turned into pile of goo~

In all seriousness, I do like Tefka's approach. It's not suppose to be the best, but it is suppose to be better than a lot of other things that it could be. The point isn't that it's ideal; it's that it works. Maybe not efficient, but it works, which is better than what we had before I'm sure.

I can say that I did butt heads a few times, at least from my point of view, with some of the members here, but looking back on it, you don't get the best impression from someone from just one encounter. I mention this because some of the people I butt heads with were mods for one reason or another. It's not the point that I get along with them, but that I can be civil enough so that they can do their job properly. I will be among those to say that, honestly, I have next to no experience running a site. I've created my own boards, but they unfortunately never got off the ground. I have experience in face-to-face situations, not something over a computer. So what little I do know, I'm still learning in applying it to a setting in a form appropriate for it.

My point: we're all learning from our mistakes. Let us hope we learn from them sooner rather than later.

With the RPJ/Faction Admin thing, I'll put in something rather brief.

You can say No if you feel it would be better for you and your faction. There's always that option.

Some have said no, but I still think it leaves either staff with one less good staffer or factions with one less good leader. I will agree that not everyone can manage both, but on the same token some can.

Awesome, Lucien. We hope to help you continue with that. We're also instituting several things that'll help make things better around here and facilitate better answers to better placed questions from the members. I think the Art & Design forum, as well as the Bugs & Errors forum, are a great way to help push this forward.

You guys do an excellent job, putting in unpaid hours and running a community full of many writers who are passionate about the genre.

A negative I experienced in the past month: some odd, OOC drama due to some failed invasion attempt between two factions started an unnecessary strife between an unrelated thread because some members were part of the major factions as well as the minor faction. We attempted to make appeasements on both sides. An RPJ (who I have much respect for and still do) listened to one side, locked, and closed the thread with a rather strong statement.

In this case, I don't think there was any mediation. That's probably my own fault for not being clear on the role of an RPJ. I wish we could get this site to the point of not needing RPJs and to work out problems for themselves.

@[member="Thessa Kai"] I would also love it if people could work our their own issues and not need RPJs, sadly I don't see it happening. Just like we will always need police, we'll always need people to make sure others don't decide they want to win the war in one post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom