Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

January's Critique-the-Staff-Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now's the time again. Tell us what we're doing wrong, tell us what we're doing right, ask us questions or tear us apart. You won't be prosecuted for it, though all General Rules still apply, so try to have some class.

Carn Dista

C
You never did a christmas song at christmas, and therefore you've made us all very sad.

Or at least me.

You've made me very sad. And you should feel bad.

No complaints other than the admins sometimes seem way, WAY too hasty to shut down ideas, without looking at their potential applications and so on and so forth. An admin saying they disagree with something tends to completely shut that idea down, as nobody really wants to disagree with any of the staff in case of a potential backlash.
The only thing I can think of to remedy that, is that the admins try to be a little less bias before jumping onto ideas.

@[member="Carn Dista"]

Shutting down ideas is something I, nor any other Staff member, should ever intend to do. It's something that caused me to leave a community and pursue the creation of this website. They're made by our loyal following & members - why would we want to shut them down? For every ten bad ones, there will be a good one. Something we can use, something that will help perfect the ever-growing community. Or hell, it might even make someone just a little happier at the end of the day. Discussing new ideas will often lead to better ones, so yes, I agree that we should never shut ideas down.

However.

Yeah bro. Sometimes we do lunge forward to shut something down. Yeah, we have over time developed bias. Here up in the clouds, I only get the birds eye view of everything, so it's hard to pinpoint and focus on one thing when you've seen the same thing said time and time again. So what's causing us to do this? Certainly not a corruption amongst the Staff members, because I'm the only one who gets to be corrupt among us. Nah, I'd pinpoint it more on that "human x factor", the "x" being the lack of patience and motivation to have the same conversations again. I'll move swiftly against any idea that is merely a repeat of an old one. Come up with something new, I say. Or put your own spin on it.

However, for ideas I personally disagree with or ideas that cannot in any way be productive or efficient, I try to state so by the end of the conversation. The problem being, Carn, that yeah, you're right - many people seem to cower away from challenging my opinion as an Admin unless they know me specifically.

So I'll throw this out there, mainly 'cause I'm a keyboard warrior just like the lot of ya. If you want to maintain class, be polite, yet defend your opinion? I'm down for a challenge. Nobody around here has ever been punished for a difference of opinion, and we're not going to start mass banning the lot of you for doing it simply because we don't like it.

I've put up with a lot of stuff that I don't like while I've been an Administrator, so I'm pretty thick skinned by now.

Thanks for your concern, bro, we need more statements like yours.

As an addendum, please don't combine "ideas" with "Factory Submissions" because I'll tell Factory Judges and Roleplay Judges they can instantly deny terribad Factory Submissions all day until I'm blue in the face. ;)

So... If RPJs and Tech Judges are considered as staff members, then you are doing really good work. :) And if not, then you are still very good. It's good to see, that you are both friendly, but also do the right decisions and shut down bad ideas... I haven't noticed you shutting down many ideas, but the ones you do are terrible in my opinion.

We're not quite staff. In our realm of influence, the specific factory forums that we oversee, we (almost) have the authority of a relevant RPJ. We're there to ease the burden of the factory on the other staffers, so they can concentrate on getting the real work done. Outside the factory, we're members, and should be treated with and accorded exactly as much respect as you accord every other member.

[/subliminal message to respect other members]

Lord Ghoul

L
Giving bonus fleet numbers and a space station to smaller, less active factions in the Event seems like it's rewarding inactivity.

I'm not even fleeting and will be participating heavily on the Ally side for the ground war with my characters, but I'd prefer a more natural selection nature of the board. The weak die off and the strong survive.

*tosses 2 cents*

Otherwise, all good things.

Shout out to Kara for going full beast mode in the factory and crunching down on those subs.

Cedric Dorn

C
That one admin @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] is faaaaaaar too Handsome and reasonable. Do something about him.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Good:
  • Events. 100% amazing.
  • Activity. Staff is prompt. This is crazy cool.
  • Saturation. Staff is everywhere. They can even take vacations. Awesome.
  • Tech Support. The site is still running. Which kinda amazes me sometimes.
  • Manners. Staff is surprisingly polite. Even when they are faced head on by Trolls of epic proportions.
  • Vision. Staff seems pretty darn united in seeing this website succeed. Not in just page-view popularity either, but as a group of chill community members.

The Meh:
  • Competitive Threads: There are still no good formatting rules for competitive threads just yet. You can seriously still just spawn-win, ninja gank, fast post, ignore npcs, ignore locations, post ooc messages, teleport, disengage, and even build yourself new tech *during* an ongoing thread to use only a post later. Try being a RPJ and judging all that. No wonder no one can win. *shrugs*
  • Conflicts of Interest: FvF is competitive by nature and has the temptation to can create faction favoritism. Even amongst Staff Members. Indeed, Staff members still use Character Accounts for both their competitive games as well as for attempting Staff Duties. This is a sensory contradiction. A visual rift. One day your a Admin, the next day your a Sith trying to disarm me. And I'm supposed to interpret the difference, understand the bias, and do so all without becoming emotionally compromised. Lol. Now. If Staff could use a purely OOC account for your Staff Duties? They will see a vast improvement in the respect they receive, both IC and OOC. (I understand recommendation this goes against almost 20 years of RP tradition on the net. Sorry.) *shrugs*

Jay Scott Clark said:
Conflicts of Interest: FvF is competitive by nature and has the temptation to can create faction favoritism. Even amongst Staff Members. Indeed, Staff members still use Character Accounts for both their competitive games as well as for attempting Staff Duties. This is a sensory contradiction. A visual rift. One day your a Admin, the next day your a Sith trying to disarm me. And I'm supposed to interpret the difference, understand the bias, and do so all without becoming emotionally compromised. Lol. Now. If Staff could use a purely OOC account for your Staff Duties? They will see a vast improvement in the respect they receive, both IC and OOC. (I understand recommendation this goes against almost 20 years of RP tradition on the net. Sorry.) *shrugs*
Can't ever truly get rid of bias, and I can't demand Staff to sacrifice anymore than I've already demanded of them. I've done quite a lot to appease and make things fair.

However, the beatings will continue until morale improves. #tyrannyreigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom