Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Humans Are Such Easy Prey | Dominion of New Bakstre | NIO

Willver Bennbri

W

BEWARE THE BEAST
vmdKJrt.png

Tags: Open

By the time Archie reached the Sergeant at the crossroads his sides burned and he was out of breath. Running had been a core exercise in his training, but sprinting through these sewers with the lurking fear of whatever had taken Ret ever present in the back of his mind. Dukos ripped his helmet off before even saying a word to their superior. Gryf shined his light over the two soldiers and Dukos was dripping with sweat. Within moments of taking off his helmet he began to throw up into the sewage at their feet. Archie could feel that his face was drenched as well, but he didn't dare to breath in the air down here without his helmet.

"What the hell happened?! Where's Corporal Ret?!" the sergeant barked at them. Archie was barely listening as the image of Ret disappearing played over and over again in his mind.

"Something got him... sir. There's something... down here." Dukos replied through his heavy breathing.

"What do you mean got him? I heard no shots fired."

"There were none sir. It happened... so fast." Archie finally stood straight and looked directly at his Sergeant. Gryf remained pensive for far longer than Archie felt comfortable with. There was no telling when the beast would return.

Finally Gryf broke the silence with a change in his tone. No harsh response came from his mouth like normal. Instead, in a seemingly worried tone, he simply said "We need to find the others."

He clicked his commlink and broadcast a message to the other fire teams. "This is Sergeant Gryf, do not return to the designated meeting area, I repeat do NOT return. Continue moving and be on your guard, there has been a confirmation of enemy presence nearby."

As he turned and motioned the privates to follow him he returned to his natural state of quiet, and didn't speak another word, even when they came upon the mangled bodies of the next fireteam. He simply hung his head. Archie looked over at Dukos, who clutched his stomach. Archie tried to avert his gaze but was drawn back into looking at the bizarre wounds inflicted on the corpses. Both blaster burns and large open wounds.

No one said a word. In the cold darkness a howl reverberated through the sewers. Sounding both human and animal in some sick way...

vmdKJrt.png

AN_URBEX_JOURNAL
Special Agent Omar Melnau
Task Force 66: The Imperator's Fist
-Beware the Beast-
Present Day
Lambert Vasari / Reva Giedfield / Noel Strasza Noel Strasza / Daros Karmann Daros Karmann
= WEAPONRY :: KXR SBR-60x, LS-1 "Angry Owl", BH "Specter" Vibroknife, REC-RCB/01 Baton =
= EQUIPMENT :: Force-User Utility Droid, IL-99B "Doppelganger", climbing gear, various munitions =
= ARMOR :: TXP SBG-01x Bodyglove, Storm Recon Armor Mk. II =

N5cG5gd.png
"I've got it,"

Maybe it was the dismissive laziness or the way the Knight all but shouldered his way to the front, but Omar couldn't help but feel like a scolded child. He pursed his lips and kept eyes forward, still tucked to the side enough to give the lightsaber-wielding Force-user plenty of room while still being able to cover him with Omar's rifle if it proved necessary. And speaking of rifles, he eyed the stock of his sniper rifle over his shoulder warily.

"Anyone else getting that interference? My full-spectrums are being throttled, lifeform indicators can't see shit."

Omar turned his attention back to his helmet display and shook his head. If he were to believe his own scanner, then Lambert wasn't dead so much as he was indistinguishable from the muck and stone around them, and the Major was 10 meters overhead walking through solid 'crete and soil when she existed at all.

"I don't know if its the tunnels, OPFOR, or what. Mine are trash, too."

Then the Major spoke up in quick order.

"Sera takes point. He's the one with the lightsaber, and I'm assuming you're with me in not wanting to get cleaved in two should we run into hostiles. I'm behind him, Omar you're with me." ... "We've got the equipment to keep it dark down here and we're going to use it. Whatever advantages we have, we must play by. Lights out, everyone, night vision moving forward."

Omar once more pursed lips into an unseen, tight line, "Lights off OK-7. I'll let you know when I need you." And with that the force-sensitive utility droid over his other shoulder gave a spin of its finger-like 'wings' before tucking in back against his back.

With no light from anybody, the color-replacement of the nightvision filter turned muddled. Blacks became deeper, browns and greens turned into muddled grays, and the grain of the filter's processing became more pronounced.

Omar focused on his breathing and squared his shoulders. He'd trained for something like this for a wile. When he was in the ISB he'd been doing a lot of self-teaching, and before COMPNOR took him under their wing they had run him through a whole gambit of exercises and drills to make sure he'd be able to keep up with whatever high-speed special operations unit they might see him attached to. But there was a world of difference between training for it and being in the real deal, now, with others counting on him and vice versa.

He kept close to the Major with his rifle at the ready. The man walked like a tightly coiled spring.

Using encrypted communication between the lot of them, rather than projecting his voice out for the whole world to hear, he offered, "Just checking: I don't suppose anybody added 'nuclear physicist' to their CV when I wasn't looking?"

Last edited:
vmdKJrt.png

U P R I S I N G
BEWARE THE BEAST
CHILDREN OF THE VOID
P U R S U I T

The final hour has dawned. The day of reckoning, the ascension. It was time now to unfurl the congealed glory of the Children of the Void. They had dwelled in the depths of New Bakstre for what could've been generations. Assimilated into the underworld as an enigmatic coalition of aliens seeded through out criminal gangs, labor groups and even the planetary defense force. All biding their time for the time to ascend. To when their cell would grow bloated enough to lash out and strike at the overlords in gilded industry who so blissfully managed this world in opulent ignorance.

They'd hear the answer of the stars, the children of the truest gods. The Yuuzhon Vong.

Across Havridam the cells awoke from their meticulous planning within the underworld with a series of terrorist attacks and insurgent operations born of a distorted fanaticism. Though not at the beckon of any worldship, they'd been enticed. Enticed by the Qo'krataa, a sect of the Sith betrayed by the New Imperial Order at the onset of Kyber Dark. In an alliance of mutual interest, they would uproot these Imperials from the world and claim it as their own, to begin the harvest and world shaping of its biomass to be more fit for their kin.

Within the depths of Havridam, in sentry of the city's reactors and now...bristling into the streets above.

The hive awakened.

Last edited:
Opting to say nothing, Errant dropped his head into a sullen bow. His eyes were trained on the lightsaber hilt. With his weapon in hand, the Albino delivered death to the enemies of the Empire. He felt unstoppable. He should've known such fantasies would inevitably come to an end. Only, the Knight expected it to arrive at the hands of a tyrannical Sith Lord. Not himself. It never occurred to him he'd fall victim to his lust or passion, driven to kill his own men in a fit of childlike rage. He shook his head and closed his eyes, silently chastising himself even as Rurik spoke in Errant's defense.

"I-" Errant stopped himself, falling silent as Rurik continued. It was true, the Knight lacked discipline. Beneath Spencer and Vyn, Errant learned to wield the Force as if it was an extension of his own body. The lightsaber before him was no different. Going into Bastion, no, the entirety of the war, he believed himself a master of his mind and body. His betrayal proved otherwise. Errant stood far from the threshold of Master. Likely further than any other Imperial Knight in service to their New Empire.

Errant turned his gaze up. He met Rurik's impassioned glare, weathering that which shattered stone.

"I will learn discipline, Commander Rurik," Errant dipped his head in agreeance. "And I will uphold my duty to the men and women who look to us to protect them," back down he went, forehead nearly pressed to the floor. It took everything he had to lift himself back up from the brink. His hand felt heavy as it drifted back to the hilt sitting only inches away. Numb fingers closed around his beloved companion. Weakly, his fingered tightened, and lifted it from the floor. As he returned it to his belt, he opened his mouth to speak. "There is something else I'd like to discuss with you, Master Rurik. During my battle with Vella, I wasn't able to finish her off on my own. While I did slay her, I felt frozen at one point. Even staring death in the face, I could not lift my saber to strike her down, as if I were some lame-coward."

His mind returned to the burning garden. Vella stood inches from him. His fingertips blackened as his flesh sizzled, joined by the scent of cooked meat. Acrid smoke hung all around them, dancing just over the burning ring formed from the Sith Knight's pyrokinetic abilities. Errant found himself staring into Vella's crimson eyes. They taunted him. No matter what he said, or actions he took, she wouldn't be returning from this battlefield. The Albino's penance for this affair demanded justice. The Sith must die.

"I..." Errant paused, searching his mind for what to say. "My father, he helped me see what I was supposed to do, Master. He told me I would forgive myself for what had to be done. That I should look to a brighter tomorrow," his attention shifted to the dull, slate-gray wall. "If he wasn't there, I'm unsure if I would've carried out my orders."

He reached up with both hands and rubbed at his face. "I just wish I knew what happened to him. This was the first time he visited me since he perished on Kintan," he leaned back, arms hugging his knees back against his chest. "I miss him so much," tears welled up in the corners of the Albino's eyes.

BEWARE THE BEAST
[---]
VOLOD BAST accompanied three members of his BLACK CIRCUS.
Tags: Open

It was rare that Bast ever felt compelled to service, but the NIO had been good to his Black Circus as of late. The contract offered upgraded kit, better munitions and no lack of work. He could do without the last part while keeping the former two, but even then, the merc felt it prudent to stay in the good books of his new employers. The call had come for he and his men to travel to New Bakstre, and so, he and his men went. Plunging out of the purple-hued atmosphere of the planet, the Black Circus, following in formation behind Bast, make for city Havridam City. Setting his TIE to cruise control, Bast kicks his feet up onto the dash and drags a peripheral keyboard out of a slot, its connecting arm bending to allow it maximum freedom of movement. Leant back comfortably, Bast pulls up the mission log he had been sent by the NIO chain of command. He appreciated not having to interact face-to-face with the brass, it might jeapordize the contract.

With the mission log open on one monitor, a few more keystrokes open up comms with the rest of his squadron. A glance to that screen finds several members of the Circus in various states of leisure. Bast chastizes his men by turning the gain on his mic to its highest level.

"Attention!" he barks, then turning the gain back down once several members of his squadron are fully roused. "We're going to meet up with some of the NIO guys in the city. My plan is to land here with the rest of their forces then head further in with Korm, Isiah and Wicke. The rest of you stay put and try not to upset anyone who looks important" utters Bast, met with a variety of crackling agreements and affirmations.

"Over and out"

Some time later...

Bast lets out a belleagured sigh. The path he had charted, based on old map from the holonet, had required several detours, and now he and his squad were lost. Worse yet, they hadn't seen the sky in an hour. It made the pilot's stomach turn, he felt vulnerable without a cockpit surrounding him, but it would serve well if the Black Circus were known for more than just their skills in the air. To his left, Isiah carries a holopad that quietly beeps in a slow rhythm as the party progress through what appears to be an abandoned mall. It's then that the transmitter on Bast's hip begins to crackle. Coarse words seem through the static, "Repeat... Do Not... Continue Moving" murmurs the device. Bast plucks it from his belt and smacks its face with his palm twice, "Sounded like a trooper" offers Wicke, levelling their carbine. Before Bast can reply, the world resonates. A distant cacophany of cries, the uncanny humanity to them giving each member of the party a chill.

"C'mon" utters the squad leader singularly, drawing his side-arm, and leading his men forward with a brisker pace than before.

Reva Giedfield

R

vmdKJrt.png

| | Sergeant "Dark Atlas" Giedfield | |
| | Task Force 66 : The Imperator's Fist | |
| | Beware the Beast | |
| | Present Day | |
| | Equipment: Reaper Chainblaster / Tenebrae-Pattern Commando Armor Mk. II [Customized]| |
Theme: X

Noel Strasza Noel Strasza | Lambert Vasari | Omar Melnau Omar Melnau | Daros Karmann Daros Karmann
N5cG5gd.png
The tunnels were far too damp for Dark Atlas to mentally enjoy, and far too cramped for him to be physically comfortable. If there was anything he hated more than Sith knee-beggers and Sarlaacs, it was damp and cramped tunnels. It was also the only place that gave him a sense of fear - conniptions. He never felt those emotions and it made him shiver with anger. In fact, the only thing about his present location that did not give him the subtle fuzz of anxiety was the smell, which did not affect him in the slightest - benefits of being locked in the laboratories of the Devil as an adolescent. Those had a stench that made him immune to any that he would encounter after he broke free of the damnable man.

"Dark Atlas, you take rearguard, as always."

"Yeah, yeah. I got it," the giant grunted, allowing his comrades to pass him and giving his rearguard fellow - Daros - a red-hazed glare. "You're my partner back here, little man. You get me killed, I'm gonna throw you into the ceiling."

Each heavy slosh through the winding, murky labyrinth of stringy muck was shoulder-clench worthy, made more so by the fact that he took up the space of two people and occasionally had to duck under the stray low-hanging archway. The water - if that's what he could call it - splashed under the footsteps of the team, an annoying enough sound that he muted out all sounds except communications. If something was coming from behind, he could rely on Daros to alert him. If he didn't, that's just one more person to beat.

"Anyone else getting that interference? My full-spectrums are being throttled, lifeform indicators can't see shit."
Loud Bastard automatically chirped to life in his singular visor but struggled to show anything on the indicators beyond what was immediately in front of him, yet another thing that gave him ill-temper. "I got nothing, Seraphim. Shit is either cheap or something's blocking us. I'm leaning towards the latter," he murmured rigidly over the isolated communications.

He reached a massive paw behind his back to lightly caress the leather handle of his chainblaster, reassuring himself that he could easily grab it if the need to shoot a randomly appearing sewage beast arose. It was a large and cumbersome weapon, certainly not one suited for such an environment, but it would do well in a bottleneck.

"We've got the equipment to keep it dark down here and we're going to use it. Whatever advantages we have, we must play by. Lights out, everyone, night vision moving forward."
Roaming lights-out in a cryptic, repugnant shaft possibly inhabited by some forgotten fiend convoked by Darth Slop with only green tints and grassy hazes allowing them to see it all in sharp clarity. The idea made him chuckle as he deactivated the lights on the base of his helmet's jaw while Loud Bastard switched on the spectrum for his singular working lens. "You sure know how to make me happy, major. Lights-out sewer party. Making the half-blind guy see nothing but green. Just what I love, let me tell you."

The walk through the tunnels continued on unassailed despite his now frequent grumbling of - nonexistent - headaches and light-mocking of his team. Yet, as the major rambled off on the further details of the mission - something about fusion reactors and fuel rods being transported off-world - Dark Atlas began thinking to himself on every fight he has been in up to this point. Every beast his father forced him to kill and skin to turn into pelts. Every target he eradicated as a mercenary without purpose for a small batch of credits. Every army he helped gun down for the sake of some cause he never truly believed in. Horrible memories that made him the jaded man he was. And for each memory, one universally important detail stuck out like a flash-photograph in his mind.

Rolling his head briefly to gaze at the darkness behind him, he grunted slightly over comms and turned back to his comrades.
"Just want to let you lads know...this silence we got going on here ain't good. Don't trust it."

vmdKJrt.png

I'M_SORRY_FOR_BEING_MORTAL
Special Agent Daros Karmann
Task Force 66 : The Imperator's Fist

-Beware the Beast-
Present Day
Lambert Vasari / Reva Giedfield / Noel Strasza Noel Strasza / Omar Melnau Omar Melnau
N5cG5gd.png
Strasza said:
"It'll hose off, don't even worry about it."

Daros snorted in disbelief.

As events unraveled between the squad members, tensions between them arose. It wasn't hard to notice- the unit was divided not just by loyalty but by seniority. Himself and Melnau were the two newbies who had to rapidly adjust to the structure of unit, not the other way around. It was hard for him to sympathize when Lambert brushed his offer aside before the Major could even respond, considering the brief history they shared together.

It still left a terrible taste in his mouth remembering that room.

Strasza said:
"Dark Atlas, you take rearguard, as always. I want you and Daros covering it.

He met Atlas's gaze and returned a shrug, hearing the Major's orders.

Reva Giedfield said:
"You're my partner back here, little man. You get me killed, I'm gonna throw you into the ceiling."

As he stomped past Daros, the agent shook his rucksack gently. It jingled with a metallic sound. "Feeling's mutual. Except if I die first, we all die." He left it at that, and hope that his comment melted the frigid ice between the two of them. It took a certain kind of crazy to carry an armory's worth of explosives in anything less than a hermetically sealed armored case, but Daros was fairly certain he wasn't going to turn confetti if someone looked at his pack the wrong way.

But there was always that small, minute chance that constituted either divine intervention, a miracle or simply a poor dice throw. And Daros was very sure that if they struck that chance, none of them would be alive to throw anyone into any ceiling. No, they'd be a modern arts painter's dream painting, aptly named 'The Interior of Man and Cyborg'.

Lambert said:

Reva said:
"I got nothing, Seraphim. Shit is either cheap or something's blocking us. I'm leaning towards the latter,"

"Shit ain't just cheap, it's free. We're literally walking through it knee deep." he commented quietly. Daros glanced sideways at his brand new spanking utility droid. Its 'head' swiveled around, reminding him of a dog searching for treats. After a very quick search it beeped and hung its head, looking downcast. He verified its prognosis with his own test, but his HUD was also chugging along at a snail's pace. "Doesn't appear to be electronic interference from military equipment at least. Or we'd really be up shit's creek."

When the order came to go dark Daros quietly whispered to his droid to enter hibernation and flipped his helmet's nightvision on. His world turned different shades of green and black, with a slight static filter to round off the Miraluka experience. It wasn't half bad, but then again it was his legs that got blown up, not his eyes. He trudged along through the muck, trying hard not to think about what exactly it was made of. Every time he felt something brush against his prosthetics he held his breath- the one time his foot stepped on a particular patch of soft whatever, he nearly yelped out loud. Thankfully, his years of military training and experience reflexively ordered his jaws to clench hard. Unfortunately his tongue was the sole casualty in this endeavour to not embarrass himself publicly.

The taste of blood in his mouth was a small price for stoicism.

At the very least the sewers weren't filled with the usual suspects- he didn't see any rats, though he spotted their droppings. No sewer gators, no oversized spiders like that one time.

So when the giant in front of him commented on the silence of it all, he had to agree. For a city with a surface like the face of a prepubescent teenager, there was hardly any signs of nature reclaiming lost territory. He turned around the way they came, peering through the faint outlines that his helmet highlighted. He couldn't pick up on any movement, but that didn't reassure him at all.

Then there was a tingle in his spine. He slowly craned his neck, the barrel of his weapon following-

-and nothing hanging on the ceiling, except for moss and loose wiring. Daros exhaled, visibly relaxed. It wasn't a cliche development, at least. He peeked over his shoulder at his unit and flashed a thumbs up. "Cheer up big fella. I'm sure it'll get loud soon enough."

uLtdhc5.png

P A R A B O L
KNIGHT OF THE EMPIRE
BYOO | PENANCE
FOCUS | Bastard Bastard
N5cG5gd.png
Errant's solemn wasn't lost on the Knight Commander as his eyes narrowed to hear the strain in the boy's voice. In the end, he'd done his duty even if it expended every fiber of his being in the process and then left him questioning the nebulous shroud surrounding the disappearance of his father into the ether, much like he did to Rurik when he imparted his request down unto the Imperial Knight.

"Your father was a conflicted soul...ever bound in this periless lie of 'Light' and 'Dark. He was a victim of it no greater than we all were. But in the end, he was a hero. He...on Bastion, lost his life. He made the sacrifice for the Order, for our people...and most importantly he did it for you. So that you might continue on and be a better man than he ever was." Rurik states, barely yielding in showing the full truth of the situation and Vaulkhar's last message to Rurik.

"Something I firmly believe you're very well capable of. You are one of the brightest pupils I have ever had the honor of teaching and you possess more potential for greatness than anyone I'd ever met. Your father...believed the very same. He cared about you, a great deal and regretted deeply that he could not be the father he should've been." Rurik says candidly with his voice dipped in shades of solemn.

"What this implies is that...your legacy is to make your own and you have an opportunity invaluable. To be able to shape yourself in the man you were always destined to be...all the while, your father will look on in pride. I will be with you all the same." The wayward Fel admits.

vmdKJrt.png

V A N D A L _ A C T U A L
STORM COMMANDO TASK FORCE "DARK RIDER"
BEWARE THE BEAST
VANDAL // 12/12
Armor | Rifle | Pistol | Grenades
Archie | Volod Bast Volod Bast

N5cG5gd.png
They were green. The whole unit, fresh from the final stages of training as Storm Commandos. The marksman courses, survival training, hell week, all of it. This was the first any of them had seen of any real mission. He matched the timelines up when he was assigned his new squad, none of them could have been at Bastion or hell even the second battle of Borosk, Dubrillion. It was all new blood and it showed.

Berik wasn't all too sure he was ready for this role. He had graduated with the first iteration as Vandal, designated only the officer out of circumstance. He'd never felt better or wiser than any of the rest. The could re-count at least three or four of them who could've done it just as good or much, much better.

They all got cooked to a crisp on Bastion. Now he was the old hat, the big brother of the unit, expected to hand hold them through the first few missions and all the trials and tribulations that came with it. He wasn't sure he was ready for that having been integrated into a unit with full chemistry and cohesion between them.

Sloppy. Too fast, missing corners that should've been swept, missing rooms that should've been clear. In these dark depths with an enemy just out of sight with a completely alien combat doctrine or origin, this wasn't the time.

<"Vandal-10! Rear guard, now!"> He said, all but barking out the command into the darkness in a hushed whisper as he motioned to the back of the unit with the full gesture of his hand.

All the while, the Children of the Void were watching from the shadow, nothing but the clammor of padding against walls, ceilings, floors of this damp and disgusting place.

They had to rendezvous with Archie's unit and the Ubese mercenary band sent into the depths. Then they could begin their full sweep.

Just on the periphery of Archie and his unit, the light of the Storm Commando's pointman brightly illuminated their stretch of sewer, having kept dark otherwise with their helmets set for night vision.

Disregarding the earlier communication to stay away, don't follow, change your course, Berik would be damned to let up more New Imperials just like the squad of his own that was incinerated on Bastion.

<"Black. Black."> To which the expected response as per the mission designation would've been 'FLAG, FLAG'.

<"Who is in command of this unit? Any wounded?">
Berik asked aloud. His eyes shifted to the gaze of the slain troopers. A mix of wounds blaster and bruising. A dreadful mix.

<"Objective zone is a supposed 'dig site' or headquarters...I don't know, commscans just picked up a nexus point of these things deeper into the sewer. We have charges, we plant em and go. Supposedly we have mercs supposed to join up with us down here...not that I have any clue where they are."> Berik admitted.

Willver Bennbri

W

BEWARE THE BEAST
vmdKJrt.png

Tags: Kolson Vrask Kolson Vrask Volod Bast Volod Bast
The creeping fear descending on Archie was momentarily pushed away as he saw the lights of another squad rounding the corner. His hopes to see other members of his squad were dashed when the Storm Commandos approached. He was certainly relieved to see Special Forces down here, but it didn't take his mind away from the other men that still hadn't reported in. He dreaded finding more remains like the ones they stood over. Archie couldn't even identify these men, and he was too afraid to ask if anyone else could. He didn't want to know which of his new brothers had died in this horrific way.

Gryf stepped forward as Vandal Actual questioned them. Archie and Dukos remained silent. "This is my squad, Sir. I'm Sergeant Gryffon." Archie could see the Sergeant and Lieutenant eyeing the dead. "2 confirmed KIA," he said gesturing with an outstretched hand to the dead men beside them. "no reply from the other half of my squad."
Archie listened as the Commando told them about the mission. He hadn't been privy to any of this information. A little forewarning would have been nice, but he figured it was a good think Gryf hadn't given them the exact details. As far as Archie had been told this was a routine patrol. He should've figured that was a lie farther back in the sewers. Now that he knew the size of this operation he felt like a fool. Despite that, he would continue on the best he could. He was trying his hardest not to break down like his Zabrak friend, so he could show his worth as a Stormtrooper...

Last edited by a moderator:

BEWARE THE BEAST
[How the hell we getting out of this?]
Tags: Archie Kolson Vrask Kolson Vrask

"Move, move, move!" shouts Volod in an exasperated bark, leading his squad of men through the concord of the abandoned mall, running now at full tilt. From the shadows behind them, inhuman eyes are lit by the flash of their gear's lights, the Circus chased and harried by the sound of nearing cries. Volod feels a stich tighten in his chest, he was a pilot afterall, not a marathon runner. The mercenary spies a store ahead that, unlike most in the building, isn't shuttered and locked. Though there's only a few feet of clearance at the bottom, Volod pings the location and continues to inundate his squad with orders.

"There! That store, go-go-go!" he issues, leading his men to slide across the ceramic floor and into what was once a pharmacy of sorts. Fearing the horde is close, not having sight on them, Korm and Wicke both set to work lowering the mechanical barrier on the store's front. The old delapetated mechanism shutters and whines as it begins to work, but soon drops the barrier flush to the floor. All four mercs stare with wide-eyes at the storefront for a moment, awaiting something. The cries of their pursuers grow faint, muffled by the barrier. When suddenly it's rocked violently - causing all four of them to flinch -as the full weight of something is thrown against it. The linked metal blinds of the barrier would hold, but there was no guarantee for how long.

Bent over, with hands on his knees, Volod catches his breath, and once more hears a crackle from his transmitter. Picking it up, he begins to pace around the store as his men similarly take five. His eyes spy an emergency exit with signage pointing down. He didn't know this building went further down. With a switch on the control, Volod broadcasts to whoever is in range, unaware how close he is to the NIO in the sewers, just two dozen flights of stairs below him.

"Mayday, mayday..." Volod says, before stopping, his throat dry. He swallows and continues to speak, "To any NIO in range, this is Volod Bast of the Black Circus. We're turned around and being pursued by ... I dunno ... Things- They- They're screeching and howling like apes, or ... Swine, or something. I don't know. Just- There's a lot of them and we're stuck here. Looks like the only way out is down. Over" he utters, taking a seat on the counter of the pharmacy as he awaits a reply.

Asha Krataajontû

A

vmdKJrt.png

OBJECTIVE I //: BEWARE THE BEAST

ENGAGING TASK FORCE 66 Daros Karmann Daros Karmann Lambert Vasari Reva Giedfield Noel Strasza Noel Strasza Omar Melnau Omar Melnau

QO'MASSASSI STRENGTH 5/5

Feverish, nearly childish footfalls pounded after one another. The squadron of five had entered the tunnels. A random spattering of lowtech, out of date blaster work amongst them. A classic E-10 here, a DC-15 here, though a majority of the troops moved with the trademark Bozdugan blaster rifles among themselves. These men had served together for some time now, and they understood who would be best to take lead in the lack of their proper commander being here. Despite this, this still joshed and jostled one another over the initial settlement. Cracking back at one another, as if they were just a gathering of friends instead of jackbooted thugs in service to a nightmare given flesh.

That was their greatest sin.

Outside of the armor, outside of their deeds, their weapons, the language they spoke, they were chatting among one another like any other squadron of soldiers would. Attempting to calm the fear and worry that naturally would evolve as their plasteel boots slammed through the slosh and waste that made up the flooring of the tunnel.

[<“Hey, Ulgo, what’d you do to get stuck with that relic?”>] Asked one of the troopers situated more to the back, obviously much more proper on his ur-Kittât than the rest of the unit.

[<”Brought it from home, I know how to shoot it. What, you get issued yours?”>] Ulgo asked back, looking over the DC-15 in his grip as they turned a corner.

[<”Yea, you’re telling me the Commodore didn’t get the shipments out to everyone yet?”>]

[<”Didn’t even know there was a shipment.”>]

And once again, the squad went quiet. Faceplate lit up a vibrant green as the light from the entrance finally faded just enough to warrant turning on their darkvision. Limited, turning off most of the rest of the baser HUD elements inside of their helmets just to saturate the dark with an eerie verdant shade. Though, better than blindly rushing through the dark. Rifles to their shoulders, the commander, a man by the name of Eliowen, threw up a hand to bring the group to a stop.

"Cheer up big fella. I'm sure it'll get loud soon enough."

Voices, floating down the hallway around the corner. Voices in Basic. Hostiles by their very nature. It was an easy way to mark those that had seen the truth.

The squadron stacked up on the bend, Eliowen looking back to his men, around the edge.

For the Sith’ari? Everything.

He rushed around the corner, raising his blaster rifle, the other four falling in suite quickly after, sending streaks of crimson down the lane at the unknown targets.

[<”Put them down!>”] Came the shout in Sith as the squadron opened fire on Task Force

It got very loud for the big fella.

vmdKJrt.png

BLEED_OUT
"Deader"
Task Force 66 : The Imperator's Fist
-OBJECTIVE :// REACH_THE_REACTORS-

Lambert Vasari / Reva Giedfield / Omar Melnau Omar Melnau / Daros Karmann Daros Karmann

N5cG5gd.png
"Just want to let you lads know...this silence we got going on here ain't good. Don't trust it."
One thought came to the forefront of the cyborg's mind with Dark Atlas's warning: 'no shit'. All the same, she was unopposed to the quiet and unbothered by it, perhaps far less so than the chatty Daros who insisted on wisecracks after she had urged silence. That was far more unnerving than the quiet was after the distant sounds of turmoil had shimmered down. Strasza contributed nothing to the exchanges as they took place, save for the sharp hiss of breath through her divided lips in usher of silence. She did not expect to repeat herself once more on the matter.

This mission was far too delicate to be risked by greenies with demand on bungling their way through the gloom with jokes. The major expected anxiety from them, the same as she had felt on her first tour, though the stakes here were far higher than some snow-laden skirmish on a desolate ice rock none cared much for. No, the consequences of this mission were far direr and reached far beyond the five of them. A soft whirr echoed from Strasza's silhouette as she cocked her head around impossibly, offering an expectedly expressionless glare towards Daros and Dark Atlas both. A hand raised, the other compensating to hug her scattergun to her midsection, and a digit flexed upward before the filtered span of her helmet.

Just as slowly, her head twisted back around and her hand lowered, collecting the stock of her firearm once more.

She dared not step over the water with each stride, and instead opted to toil through it as quietly as she could manage, minimizing the splashes and ripples created by each of her unnaturally smooth motions. What muck she felt kicking back against her efforts went as ignored as the putrid rankness of the environment, unacknowledged, and unspoken. Beneath her red-tinted visor, stormy lenses spiraled against one another, adjusting as her scrambled scanners chimed within her implanted skull in alarm.

Instantly her hand outstretched, planting firmly on Seraphim's shoulder guard in command to halt. "We've got movement. Flank. Expect contact." The major breathed softly a bare whisper, sending the alert to the others over their exclusive communications network. The hand slipped from Lambert's shoulder to squeeze a fist at shoulder height, and then lowered slowly even more so, following the cyborg's motion as a whole. She squatted into the filth, grateful then her armor was so heavily sealed. Two fingers flexed from her fist and were aimed twice in succession down the way she had pivoted by a flick of her wrist, indicating the direction.

With the intent of a predator, Strasza slipped silently through the water, flattening herself against the curve of the grime-streaked wall. Another circular motion of her hand gestured for the others to stack up and follow her lead. And through the darkness between the two squads, the eerie verdant glow shone. They had been heard, but not spotted. Not yet.
[<”Put them down!>”] Came the shout in Sith as the squadron opened fire on Task Force.
Well, that evolved quickly now, didn't it? The brilliant streaks of red screaming down the tunnel by her squadron triggered a twitch of her eye. "Quietly now," The major cut through the chaos in the helmets of her squadmates as cooly as ever, "I'm icin' 'em." Her hand hooked back, grasping after one of the many cold grenades strapped to the bandolier concealed at the small of her back and a swift jerk freed it from its slot. Her thumb curled through the pin with her palm compressing the lever and she held onto the grenade for the time. Deader stared at the line of troops, augmented synapses firing off faster than an organic mind ever could, to process the proper trajectory and angle for the throw.

Once as much had been configured, her influence on the lever relaxed and she counted silently.

One.

Off the ceiling, high arc, bounce down to their flank. Scatter them forward with the splash and freeze them for dispatch.

Two.

Screeching tibanna dashed against the outer guard of her arm, splashing it with virulent crimson.

The major cocked her arm back and threw the projectile high, arcing it through the air to soar over their Sith foes. A light, metallic tap echoed from over their heads with the connection to the ceiling, and then came the gentle splash as the grenade hit the waters. Another half-second passed before the whooshing hiss of compressed gas came to life behind the line, swiftly freezing anything within its proximity- wastewater, armor, flesh- there was no discrimination.

Once that much had been accomplished, she swapped weapons quickly, hoisting her silenced rifle to bear, and tucked it into her shoulder. A moment's breath passed before the major compressed the trigger of the sighing rifle and assigned a shot in retaliation towards their assailants with the full aim to paint the wall with the brain matter of the trooper on the far left.

vmdKJrt.png

V A N D A L _ A C T U A L
STORM COMMANDO TASK FORCE "DARK RIDER"
BEWARE THE BEAST
VANDAL // 12/12
Armor | Rifle | Pistol | Grenades
Archie | Volod Bast Volod Bast

N5cG5gd.png
"This is my squad, Sir. I'm Sergeant Gryffon."

"2 confirmed KIA,"

"no reply from the other half of my squad."

<"Acknowledged."> Berik replied, coldly. Much more frigid than he actually cared to come off as to the Sergeant. He almost wanted to apologize for that laps in tone but instead, he moved past that turbulent patch and back into the fray.

<"Regardless, we gotta move. High Command says they're debating a BDZ over Havridam which means we're gonna see a drop in glass prices and our names on body-bags if we don't hit our objective and get the fuck out."> Checking the ammo count of his rifle, a matter of habit by this point even if he'd only discharged a pulse of five from the otherwise pristine power cell. Plenty left.

Then the Black Circus rang the line, but through a line of scrambled comms and distorted words. The 'Vong' were unto them. They saved that trick of military grade jammers until the New Imperials had entered the depths, then they'd be seperated and hunters could be made the hunted, immediately swaying the tides of an already periless conflict.

"^M$a@y*d%a#y%, &m#a!y$d@a%y^..."

It barely came out the other end audible, but it was enough to discern a different line of communication and the tone of urgency spoke for itself. He flicked open the lifeform scanner within the tactical interface of his vambrace, feeling his eyes over the lay out of this level and next few descending. With the blips scrambled with likely five decoys swirling and enveloping each live body, it was difficult to discern where the Black Circus unit might be.

Flipping the sights of his visor to scan for life in the visible spectrum, a crackling distortion left in the wave of a detecting wave sent out through the tunnels. The silhouettes of more lightly armored soldiers notified Vandal that the Black Circus weren't too far and with that realization, the lack of reflect on the coating making them all visible in the scrops. He took the rifle into both hands only after motioning a flattened hand forward to follow him.

Down foreboding corridors disturbed only by the flow of a water trickle and the far off clammer of creatures unidentifiable.

In spite of the earlier mental strain he placed on himself for the sloppiness of the unit, he advanced far too fast than he should've but soon enough, they were enveloping the point the Black Circus had found themselves dug in on.

The Children of the Void came in several forms, with a bulk of them appearing as bright, pale eyed violet skinned near human mutants clad in the parcelled armor of the New Bakstre's planetary defense force, with an armory mostly made up of slug throwers and industrial equipment. They might've been a wholly rogue element, but they possesed an industrial brutality about them all the same. Above the bestial roars and shrieks of savage endeavor they spoke with a despicable voice all their own.

"Cleanse this filth!" One spoke up, a rare voice of basic among a symphony of Vong. As soon as they entered his sights, he leaned his rifle over the rusted metallic rail and began to fight, his heads up painted crimson with every mark.

Failing to gun them down meant the talon fixed to their third arm could dig through the armor and into the flesh beneath with a frightening ease.

Listening to the Knight-Commander left Errant speechless.

Only minutes before, the young Albino thought his father lost to him long before the war truly began. He heard the stories from some of the Jedi floating about during their combined push up the Braxant. Vyn, then Jedi Master, sacrificed himself in the eleventh hour. He fell to Darth Carnifex to buy the Silver Jedi time. Padawan learners, Knights, and even military officers had the halfbreed to thank for their survival. Errant had them to thank for losing his father only a few years after the man came back into his son's life. Further snooping revealed the Silver Jedi didn't even know Vyn's name. His death, though heroic, meant nothing to those he saved.

What Rurik said made no sense, but Errant couldn't find it within him to contradict his master.

Instead, the young Knight's mind drifted back to the dawn of the war. He found himself sitting within a dimly lit room, face to face with a grinning golden mask. Errant knew the rumors. None summoned by the Lord Executor lived to tell the tale. The Echani expected to die that day, beneath the baleful gaze of one once named Zambrano. He remembered shivering in the dark one's presence as if all warmth and positivity within the room slowly drained away. His host grew stronger, feeding on the energies siphoned from around him. When he was released after hours of sharing an otherwise empty space, saying nothing throughout time's slow crawl, he should've known something strange happened.

The basest instinct for survival kicked in. Errant fled from the Lord Executor, his father, and didn't look back.

Errant dropped his head into waiting hands. His hair tumbled past, pooling around his knees as he silently wept.

After several minutes, he wiped away the tears from his cheeks and looked to Rurik. "Hearing my father died on Bastion is... painful, master. Yet, I am proud," Errant rested on his backside, legs stretched out as he worked for some comfort. "My father wasn't keen on sharing the truth of his life. I know meeting my mother set him on a better path. I also know it took several years to finally walk that path in full, but he did it. Knowing something kept him from death, something dark, is frustrating. He deserved his rest. Though it must've been for the better, he didn't get it," a balled-up hand gently thumped against a waiting palm. "His second chance at life saw him side-by-side with the Sovereign-Imperator. If possible, I'd like to one day visit the site of his death. Walk the roads he traveled unto his final moment."

Both hands rose to his head, each taking handfuls of his silken white hair. He pushed it back from his face in a practiced motion.

"If my father believed I can become better, I shall. I don't know what that entails yet, but I will grow until I am powerful enough to stand in his place. As my father before me, I shall stem the tide of darkness," Errant maintained his composure as he swore his oaths. "I won't let you down either, master Rurik."

"I promise."

BEWARE THE BEAST
[Same as, same old]
Tags: Archie Kolson Vrask Kolson Vrask

The mayday is repeated once or twice more before Volod sighs and sits his transmitter back in the holster on his chest. Running his fingertips across the register's top, he notices a thin layer of dust as he rubs a thumb and forefinger together. Across the pharmacy, two of Basts men pilfer idly through the clutter, looking for anything worth keeping, but anything worth its weight was looted a long time ago. The third, looks to Volod, having been peering out of a slit in the store's barricade to spy what was chasing them.

"Boss" he calls, waltzing over, "What now?" the merc asks. Pushing off the counter at the back of the store, Volod gestures with a nod to the emergency exit, barred from the inside and lit with red.

"We see where that takes us" issues the captain, lifting his blaster to chest level. "I don't know what's out there, but it mean and we're out of our element. I'll keep trying to get a mayday out but-" continues Volod, before the sound of gunfire interrupts him. The sound is cavernous, but not all that far off, and stirs all four of the Black Circus into action.

"Move out!" barks Volod, unbarring the emergency exit and leading the charge. The door opens into a long winding metal stairwell, wrapping down into inky darkness. The four men head down, following the sound of a firefight, before they're stopped by a distant animal-like shriek. One of the Circus turns a flashlight upwards, towards the source of the sound, and illuminates eight citizens of Havridam City, lurking on the upper levels of the fire escape.

"Fuck! Fuck! Go-go-go!" curses Volod, heading down the stairs double-time as his men follow, a few of them taking pot-shots at the mutants several flights above them who give chase.

Reva Giedfield

R

vmdKJrt.png

| | Sergeant "Dark Atlas" Giedfield | |
| | Task Force 66 : The Imperator's Fist | |
| | Beware the Beast | |
| | Present Day | |
| | Equipment: Reaper Chainblaster / Tenebrae-Pattern Commando Armor Mk. II [Customized]| |
Theme: X

Noel Strasza Noel Strasza | Lambert Vasari | Omar Melnau Omar Melnau | Daros Karmann Daros Karmann
N5cG5gd.png
The walk through the tunnels was becoming even more tedious than reading in a library. Every turn and twist through this labyrinth of waste irritated the portion of him that wanted to gun down everyone around him just to break the boredom. "Oi, Major...how long are going to have to keep walking through all of this?" he asked with a hissing frustration. "I'm aiming to blow shit up, not work on my damn cardio."

She did not answer his question, merely looking back at him and Daros with the damned silent glare that did nothing to alleviate his dissatisfaction with the current situation. He wasn't even sure she had registered his question at all. As it was, they kept walking and walking and walking. It was so much walking that Dark Atlas was nearing his limit of dealing with these uneventful affairs when something finally occurred. A notice popping up in his glitching AI system against the green backdrop.

Contact. Finally. Something to shoot at long last.

How long had it been since he had shot something? Bastion most likely. That ran through his mind like a dagger and made him shudder in his mobile coffin. He relished the chance of being able to remedy that fault, stacking up as ordered and prepared to encounter something eldritch, something evil that would probably kill the people in front of him before facing him and Daros. Daros would probably die too by trying to wisecrack it to death. Leaving Reva all alone to face the drenched sewer monster with a big gun and powerful muscles.

"A good way to go out," he mused to himself before all of his expectations on a gigantic sewer monster clash were shattered with a red bolt to the shoulder plate. Granted, the stature of both him and the thickness of his armor barely constituted a budge from the impact, it was more than annoying.

Downright aggravating, actually.

Even stacked up on Deader's orders - with the acknowledgment that something was coming - the following torrential wave of blasts came without warning, eliciting a sharp curse from Dark Atlas who pressed further against the muck-weeping walls to dodge the assault.

"So much for the silent operation," he chuckled over the communications channel. As the crimson tears whizzed past his head like horizontal blood drops, Dark Atlas began preparing to ready his chainblaster for extreme prejudice against what he could barely - and still only guess as - identify as Sith troopers through the glitching AI system. Whoever they were, they were good enough to catch the supposed elite team by surprise. It was begrudgingly impressive.

His gauntleted hand reached back to grip the handle of the massive weapon, digits brushing against the trigger in anticipation for whirling doom to be let loose in the tunnels. A spinning barrel of metallic justice dispensing its own red bolts of chaotic retribution that would rend asunder the fools who-

"Quietly now. I'm icin' 'em."

"You make me just as sad as you do happy, Major." Dark Atlas grumbled as he removed his hand from the handle of the gun and watched the Major go about her calculated toss maneuver. It was an expert response to the assault unleashed by those in the darkness. Quite good.

"My turn," he laughed as the cold enveloped those caught in the radius of the burst. No time for elite tactics. The silence was gone for the most part. Rushing past his team with a quickness surprising for a man his size, Reva reached out with open hands to snatch and crush one of the frozen foes illuminated in green light. And he would laugh as he did so. A deep thunder off the mountain tops over the intercoms.

vmdKJrt.png

AN_URBEX_JOURNAL
Special Agent Omar Melnau
Task Force 66: The Imperator's Fist
-OBJECTIVE :// REACH_THE_REACTORS-
Lambert Vasari / Reva Giedfield / Noel Strasza Noel Strasza / Daros Karmann Daros Karmann / Asha Krataajontû
= WEAPONRY :: KXR SBR-60x, LS-1 "Angry Owl", BH "Specter" Vibroknife, REC-RCB/01 Baton =
= EQUIPMENT :: Force-User Utility Droid, IL-99B "Doppelganger", climbing gear, various munitions =
= ARMOR :: TXP SBG-01x Bodyglove, Storm Recon Armor Mk. II =

N5cG5gd.png
Combat could always come in like a freight train. One moment you are sloshing through knee-deep muck and unmentionable solids in relative silence, and the next some Sith-mad cultist is screaming orders to kill you. A group of terrorists rushed the corner ahead of them, announcing themselves with the aforementioned battlecry and a torrent of blaster-fire that cut through the dark and the water - yet seemingly none of the Task Force's number.

The insanity of it all came over them like a storm, with Omar hugging against the wall in a mimicry of the Major's movement. He kept his battle rifle shouldered as she gave her orders for silence while she prepared an ace up the sleeves to take care of the attackers. A grenade arched through the darkness, splashed into the muck, and with a muted -pop- it released a hyper-cold wave over the enemy contacts.

Then the clearance came to fire.

Omar saw the Major's shots start from the left and instead decided to mirror her by starting with the one on the far right.

He lined up, shouldered the rifle, and... and sent a shot into the wall as a rushing figure slammed into his back on their way forward.

The team's bruiser had shoulder-checked the COMPNOR agent in an over-eager rush to meet the contact and had sent Omar's shot over-wide. The only thing he likely killed was whatever bacteria and rodents lived off the muck of the walls. By the time he reacquired his aim, the melee specialists of the unit - it would seem - had already gotten themselves into the fray. While he was sure "because they pissed me off" might amuse some of his superiors in the after-action report of a friendly fire incident, he decided against it.

It went without saying the rest of the team likely wouldn't approve of shooting each other, either.

Instead he turned about to cover the now partly abandoned rear security. Just because they'd come from that direction didn't mean nothing had followed them, or wouldn't be drawn in from that direction by the rising noise of it all.

"Covering our 6 for now. Ready to move on you once this is done, boss."

Last edited:

de559t5-c17aa8a4-9d34-4727-a38e-206ede28eae2.jpg

// Prahl // SoM // Echoy'la
// Objective : BYOO - Do you even have a license? - Continued
// Focus : Trajan Fett Trajan Fett

de2d0hk-2f4c19f4-757e-4b97-8753-3583247e1664.png

A heavy exhale escaped Caeos as she watched Ketra pull and fight the elder’s leg. She wanted to chastise the girl, maybe ought to have but at some point she’d sooner wear herself out. She did not want to imagine wrangling her and the others to sleep that evening. One glance told her Trajan was at least tolerating it but a weight settled on Caeos’ shoulders as he encouraged Ketra. A wicked grin crossed the younger girl’s face, it was harmless fun she reminded herself.

Ketra though trapped by the hand of Trajan made a change of tactic, a lanky leg hooked behind the elder’s, trying to lean back to trip the man. It was a hopeless attack, she barely made for what eighty pounds against the man? Caeos shook her head, planting her hands on her hips. The kid had learned that one from Khudak and the smile shrouded by her helmet lips died.

“Yeah I’ll do more tha-”

“Ketra please,” Caeos said calmly, though an unspoken warning guarded her words. Caeo turned her attention back to the younger Kurze. She wanted to say she was surprised Trajan had mentioned herself but seemingly had failed to inform her, he had family himself. “I am pleased to meet you as well..Volker. And I well..”

Caeos forced a smile back to her lips, if only to reassure herself as she considered Trajan’s words. They hadn’t found what they were looking for in the end, but it had provided her something else entirely.

“A while. I have more experience now and opportunities at the Forge here. I had managed to arrange a temporary apprenticeship with an armorer at the Enclave. I’ll tell you the rest later, but I didn’t mean to get struck by wanderlust,” she answered warmly, gauntlets clapping in front of her as she turned toward the sparce halls-gesturing.“- I had gone on business but I am here with good news, or well-more like..Well will you just follow me up to the docking bay, I want to show you something! Ketra! Remember we wanted to show Trajan something? Volker you are more than welcome to come aswell. ”

uLtdhc5.png

P A R A B O L
KNIGHT OF THE EMPIRE
BYOO | PENANCE
FOCUS | Bastard Bastard
N5cG5gd.png
Errant spoke with a resurgent wisdom beyond his years. He'd heard it many times over, those words, that inflection that spoke of a man far more tempered from the fires than he truly was. It had only made sense, he had spoken with Vaulkhar only a scant few times but even in those few interactions he was able to gaze past the frigid shell to the tortured soul of the man beneath. He respected Vaulkhar...all the same, he felt sorrow for the man. He was on a righteous crusade much as Rurik was, two men who had hidden themselves behind false visages as they skewered the darkness wholly in their path.

Even if the fires within Rurik burned brighter than those without him...none of it burned as bright as Vaulkhar. Vaulkhar had set out on his vengeance and walked the path of vindication to its bloody end only to be welcomed within the wings of redemption. Errant was right in saying that Vaulkhar might not have earned his rest in the bloodied wake of Kintan...but he certainly earned it at Bastion.

"We will visit the place where he died...we will walk the same streets. And all the while, you will grow stronger. Never forget him and the sacrifice he made. For you. All the same, look forward. His memory lives within you, that fire that burned within him, burns within you. You are strong now but your potential is endless, I can see it already. Set your mind down this path of discipline and sacrifice as he did and you will burn brighter than the rest of the Galaxy could ever comprehend. Remember still...that he will be with you, always. Just as I will, for I shant forsake what he wished upon me in his final words." Rurik states with conviction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom