Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Humans Are Such Easy Prey | Dominion of New Bakstre | NIO

tq7JnXe.png

I M P E R A T O R
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
DIVISION RUINE
FOCUS | Jaeger Harrsk Jaeger Harrsk | Halketh Halketh

N5cG5gd.png
To Harrsk's suggestion, Irveric offered a low nod. He'd been pressed with dilemmas of a haunting magnitude before, but nothing so dire such as this. It was always strictly military matters that were the decisions that weighed the most on Tavlar's consciousness. Navigating fighting men to go more fighting men. It was a simple 'hammer' approach and he had the respite that the New Order's birth into the Third Imperial Civil War had left Irveric as an exclusively war time head of state who'd also served on the front lines himself, largely negating him from any criticism in his ability as an internal leader.

This would be the bruising dilemma that demanded his decision that didn't so directly link to fighting the Sith Empire. And with that, while it drew his usual characteristic silence in these assemblies as he held a genuine aversion to political matters. He couldn't any longer.

"And how confident are you in this blackout, truly? All the same...I want evacuation efforts to begin though...anything resembling these 'Vong' form need be excluded. No matter what, none of our military assets should be anywhere near the zone of the BDZ. What I seek to achieve is a solution to this issue, this isn't anywhere I care to posture but I don't care to risk this infestation spreading elsewhere. Nor do I want un-needed blood on our hands..." Tavlar urges.

Halketh

Libertas quae sera tamen

As he idled in his chair, Halketh suffered under the burden of his prophetic gift. Much the same as Borosk, he found himself temporarily seized by a wicked pang torturing his psyche, spurred on by the murmured utterances of The Force and the voices of those adrift within it. A faint twitch of his scarred lips and the raising of a hand to his temple are all that indicated this outwardly as he battled with it.

Red. It flashed across his mind's eye in wracking pain, swelling, and rising with a surge of heat and flare of smoldering earth. Distant wails of strife. The screeching toll of Geiger counters. Distorted, cracking voices uttering words he could not discern. And amidst it all, as buildings were buckled and dust rocketed out in every direction around him, a bloody, all-too-familiar blackened sun symbol stained the colorless earth before his feet. Cries of desolation piqued the hair on the back of his neck, icing the miraluka with dread in an instant. He shivered. Fire erupted from the manhole covering just beside him, tossing him onto the pyre of this world.
w3HEGRG.gif

There were no guarantees.

As the fading prophecy slipped from his grasp, he drew a shaky breath through his nose and unclenched his jaw, shifting in his chair in some attempt to put himself to ease despite the discomfort what he had just witnessed brought him. A harsh swallow followed, and slowly his grasping hand returned to the armrest it laid upon previously. Now came the delightful wrestle of deciding whether or not he wished to vocalize what it was he had seen. Dread weighed heavily in his veins, dragging his blood to a pounding throb in his ears.

And yet it was with delight that Kezec found this meeting far less arduous than the one he had attended previously, and perhaps as much was obvious to those who had been at that one judging by his much more obvious interest in what was being said. His head swiveled out of courtesy between the speakers, nodding on occasion as he listened to the pitches and ideas cast out into the exclusive air of the room. Even with the curiosity of The Headless Herald in the back of his mind, he found himself able to focus on the tactical nature of the conversation, and his concerns were mirrored much by The Imperator's words, resigning The Vulture to hold his own thoughts back; repetition was elementary, especially in these situations.

"And how confident are you in this blackout, truly? All the same...I want evacuation efforts to begin though...anything resembling these 'Vong' form need be excluded. No matter what, none of our military assets should be anywhere near the zone of the BDZ. What I seek to achieve is a solution to this issue, this isn't anywhere I care to posture but I don't care to risk this infestation spreading elsewhere. Nor do I want un-needed blood on our hands..." Tavlar urges.

'Underground--moving South--interference with equip--wilco primary OBJ--Deader'

With the auditory alert chiming from the earpiece tucked into his left, The Vulture released a soft sigh. For a moment, the electrum suspended off his palm in idle orbit halted, hovering with unnatural stillness at his behest. And despite knowing few others here likely received the same alert, he gave it a voice: "I would imagine those who have ventured underground may be suffering interference from either these 'Vong' forces or simple proximity to the reactors themselves. It may be in our best interests and theirs to withdraw our primary forces-" That wording was very specific as was the rest, "-immediately to minimize the risk of being unable to locate them should they venture deeper."

He took a moment to shake off the lingering dread twisting and slicing at his gut with an icy razor.

"If they are suffering interference, the chances that our instruments will be able to locate them or even establish a reliable communication link with them are low. I am much of the same mind as you are." He nodded in Tavlar's direction specifically, "Until we understand this threat at length, it is better to withdraw and observe. Besides, the prospect of possibly rendering fusion reactors offline with soldiers on the ground is not ideal in my mind either. One must consider the possibilities should something go wrong if that route were to be pursued."

A pause came, and with reluctance, his fingers curled inward to beckon the orbs he busied them with to grasp. The cool metal against his gloved palm brought him some anchored sense of familiarity. "We must consider what it is we are willing to offer this world in exchange for what it is we seek to gain. And yet, I cannot help the vision I was bestowed which may suggest a familiar foe has an investment in our affairs here. The same organization that troubled us with our second venture on Borosk. I know not if these Vong are tied to them, but I was privy to the same bloodied symbol upon scorched earth as I witnessed over Borosk shortly before I ventured to investigate and encountered The Black Paladin. His group are nothing more than fanatical zealots willing to go to extreme end for the accomplishment of his whim. There are no guarantees, but it would be against my nature not to encourage consideration of the idea. We know not what may be lying in wait on the ground or far beneath it, and even more still, what may await those we could send to the reactors." He spoke with gravity, though he maintained his steady tone despite the unease which still held him fast. Such was the burden of bearing witness.

The Warlord pocketed his hands within his furred drape, hiding their forboding tremble from the others- hopefully in time.

Last edited:

de559t5-c17aa8a4-9d34-4727-a38e-206ede28eae2.jpg

K U R Z E
BYOO | Echoy'la
FOCUS | Caeos Prahl Caeos Prahl

6ecWlhc.png
Ketra continued her futile assault of the Mandalorian once more. It took everything in Kurze not to offer up another laugh before he lurch down to take up the younger Prahl into his arms before outright YEETING her unto the mats behind him in a playful toss of the Mandalorian. He seems to regard this maneuver with little more fanfare as he turns to face Caeos again, finding her in conversation with his pupil, Volker.

<"Apprenticeship? So you'll be able to work with Beskar soon?"> Volker asked, his curiosity piquing from the prospect. Then he might be able don a full Beskar'gam himself, having been relegated to a standard suit of armor from duraplast and leather. While Echoy'la certainly mined its harvest of the Mandalorian Iron, Trajan had the prospect that the armor need be earned, not given. And thus Volker had to take his licks before he'd ever be worthy of the Beskar'gam. Perhaps that suit could come from Caeo's handiwork, once he was ready.

<"Well go on then, Prahl. What was it you wanted to show us?"> Trajan asked from errant curiosity.

tq7JnXe.png

C O M P N O R
Select Committee
Coalition of Improvements
Nirauan
Jaeger listened to the prophetic talk of the Vulture sucking in the information. This virus sounded more and more weaponized and artificial than anything spawned of nature. If the Vulture's words were true, their problems would extend further from the Civil War and the 'realignment' of the newly acquired worlds.

He decided to keep it simple and to the point on the Imperator's question:

"The blackout...not sure. It is only a cog of the procedure. We will fake the existence of a terrorist cell targeting vital infrastructure, including communication relays to explain the blackout and the existence of this...virus. We will produce a few Sith from Alheim as captured terrorist leaders towards the end, paint us as the heroes." Harrsk explained rather casually. "And further drive anti-Sith sentiment across our recently acquired worlds."

"Smoke screen over a smoke screen."

Should the meeting be adjourned, Jaeger would get to preparing the whole campaign and setting the pieces on the table.

All as planned.

Last edited:

Asha Krataajontû

A

vmdKJrt.png

OBJECTIVE I //: BEWARE THE BEAST

ENGAGING TASK FORCE 66 Daros Karmann Daros Karmann Lambert Vasari Reva Giedfield Noel Strasza Noel Strasza Omar Melnau Omar Melnau

QO'MASSASSI STRENGTH 1/5

In all honesty? Eliowen wasn’t sure if it could have gone quite worse, but to be honest, he didn’t have much of a better plan. He was simple PDF solider before his service with the Qo’krataa, before he was shown the true state of the Galaxy, the cleansing of flame and purity that needed to be washed over world after world. He was a simple PDF solider, that simply went too deep when a mail chain caught his eye, and now, he was in the middle of a world he had no clue of, blaster in his hand, stalking in the sewers against a more properly trained and well off foe.

Would he change any of it?

Of course not.

They kept their exposed position before the response of the Task Force came raging at them. Clinks sounded behind the squad as what appeared to be their lead rushed forward and lugged metallic devices behind their position. Snap. Hiss. Cold. Eliowen took a step forward as he looked back, registering the sudden ceasing of his backlines blaster fire. There they stood, frosted to the flesh. Three of his finest, two of his friends, gone up in smoke as if they were nothing. Statuettes, simply standing there. Gone. He sighted down his blaster once again, laying into the trigger. He couldn’t afford to step back, he couldn’t afford to move forward. He held the trigger hard as his blaster rifle burped rounds in front of him with a pure desperation.

He wasn’t expecting for a specops team, he wasn’t expecting them to pull the ace out of their sleeve the moment they encountered them.

Crack, Ulgo dropped as a blaster round perfectly snapped through his helm. He clattered to the floor.

Then came their brute, nothing besides armor and pure muscle. He couldn’t stand his ground, he began to skitter backwards. The frost began to eat at his back, he could feel the chill settle in instantly. He turned, faced the eternal winter, and sprinted. He wished to lug himself through the frost-freeze quick enough to not get the worst of it’s effects.

People wish for silly things, don’t they? He made it through the other side, though, his forearm had frosted against his body and he heard a sharp snapping as he made it just across the breach. Something he learned was his ankle solidifying before snapping off at the joint, sending him slamming across the way into the muckwater.

Plated fingers dug into filth, pulling, dragging, over and over. They were coming, he heard the steps, he heard their chatter, though the words meant nothing to him. He rolled over onto his back, attempting to press his back against the wall of the sewer.

He was afraid.

Gatlin would be pleased.

Looking down at the slaughter, frosted comrades, Ulgo sunk into the wastewater, his missing foot and shaking frosted form.

Fumbling with his belt, he found the fragmentation grenade he had been deployed with. He flicked it, the button glowing, glowing, beeping, it gained speed.

Dead quiet.

Dud.

He slammed his head into the back of the wall, reaching down, hefting his blaster rifle into a slung grip in his still good arm, sending sprays down the hallways. Not even bothering to look. Simply pulling on the trigger.

de559t5-c17aa8a4-9d34-4727-a38e-206ede28eae2.jpg

// Prahl // SoM // Echoy'la
// Objective : BYOO - Do you even have a license? - Continued
// Focus : Trajan Fett Trajan Fett

de2d0hk-2f4c19f4-757e-4b97-8753-3583247e1664.png

“Hopefully, but my time is split here and at the Enclave so..” Caeos said, words trailing off. She was all too familiar with that question but he wasn’t the odd verd off the market place hounding her for work. She had started learning the method what felt like an age ago, but working the precocious iron under vastly different circumstances. Chewing on her lip she decided the devil was in the details. The heart and soul of a smith, the goal had been delayed countless times and Caeos was finally considering she’d have the opportunity. “I can technically, but it’s the general smit-”

A sharp and childish scream scrambled her thoughts and her head snapped back toward Ketra watching as Trajan flung her. Her heart lurched and she took a step forward hand raised, as if that would stop the careless move. She sputtered, muffled by the likes of her helm as Ketra hit the mats with a smack, lanky limbs rolled as the kid sprung up before her eyes. The sharp spike of fear muddy as her shoulders sagged and Caeos grumbled.

“I’m fine!” Ketra sung out, tossing up her hands for extra measure-staring past the two men looking at Caeos herself; maybe she was too protective. “I just need to be faster right?”

“Right..okay,” Caeos said, turning her visor to stare pointedly at Trajan, the silence dragging out. Ketra brushed past him still smiling as she latched on to her arm, urging her on as she dragged her toward the halls. “-alright Kurze just follow me please. It is a surprise!”

It had been a slip of the tongue at first calling the elder by his name, some days he seemed personable and others well Caeos found him difficult to understand. She wondered when he’d actually bother to use her real name.

“You’re gonna be so jealous!” Ketra said laughter peeling from her words. The girl threatening to rip off her arm as she dragged Caeos back.

“Ketra we do not boast pettily please,” Caeos groaned, waving the Kurze boys after her. The pair lead the way through the halls, mostly silently. Ketra was bouncing at Caeos side the entire way, racing ahead to hold the lift doors. She had to shush the kid before she practically spilled the beans. Clamping one gauntlet on Ketra’s shoulder when they stepped out onto the flight deck. A light fog settled over the platform, landing lights blinking steadily.

Caeos kept the girl close as she led the pair of warriors down the rows of docked ships, her steps growing quick the closer they neared her own; betraying her excitement. The girl patted Ketra’s back as they stopped before the modest
gunship. It was newer at first glance, run of the mill if one was familiar with lineups-but the landing job had left it skewed compared to the neatly lined rows of ships. Ketra jogged off toward the port side and Caeos tapped her vambrace activating the ramp. A sharp hiss of hydraulics sounded and Caeos turned back toward Trajan.

“I purchased my first ship,” Caeos gushed in one breath, hands clasped in front of her. “What do you think?”

Last edited:

Willver Bennbri

W

BEWARE THE BEAST
vmdKJrt.png

Tags: Kolson Vrask Kolson Vrask

They began to move in silence. Vandal naturally took the lead and the stunned stormtroopers followed behind them. Archie hoped that safety in numbers applied down here. Dukos slowly moved closer to him and leaned into whisper.

"You know what a BDZ is?"

"No, do I want to?" Archie replied, clearly tired of this whole operation. His boots were beginning to leak and slowly fill with the disgusting water they had been marching in for hours. He hadn't listened closely to the whole conversation, but Vandal Actual had made whatever a BDZ was sound bad. Archie hadn't been taught much in the way of military protocol beyond the basics and the chain of command, the things vital for a grunt in the field like himself.

"It's where they blow up the city. Well, they blow up whatever they need to in a given situation, but in this case it would be the city. They leave nothing. Clean slate."

"And how do you know this?" Archie was now skeptical of his friend.

"I hear things. Don't forget I've been in this longer than you."

"Only by a bit." Archie waved away Dukos, who stepped aside. He didn't have time for whatever the hell he was talking about. There was no way the New Order was going to bomb their own guys.

They soon ground to a halt when the uproarious voices of an alien language began to yell at them. Only one voice spoke in basic, and its chilling war cry made Archie shiver. Blaster bolts began to fly between the New-Imperials and whatever these creatures were. As Archie raised his rifle to shoot, its light passed over his target.Despite its very humanoid stature it shrieked like and animal and looked close to death. Its pale violet skin was tight to the creatures skull, like it hadn't eaten in weeks, grotesque and skeletal.

Archie let go a volley of shot straight into the monster's breastplate. It fell backward. With one dealt with Archie turned to fire at another. In seconds he felt the mass plated armour charge into him. Instantly he was on the ground with one of the monsters on top of him. Its dead looking eyes stared unwavering into his and its teeth gnashed inches from his helmet as he fought to push it off him.

He didn't see who put the gun to the monsters head, as when it exploded his visor was covered with its gore. He wiped it off the best he could with his glove, and by the time he stood up whoever had saved him had moved away to engage another enemy.

He couldn't stop to think long, and was quickly firing his weapons into the dark corners of these sewers once again in a nightmarish fight for his life...

vmdKJrt.png

I_MISS_MY_OLD_JOB
Special Agent Daros Karmann
Task Force 66 : The Imperator's Fist

-Beware the Beast-
Present Day
Lambert Vasari / Reva Giedfield / Noel Strasza Noel Strasza / Omar Melnau Omar Melnau
N5cG5gd.png

Daros scarcely turned around when the first flashes of enemy fire flew past his shoulder. Combat instincts kicked in, and he dropped to a knee, regardless of the muck around him, and turned to face the direction of engagement.

He and the big guy appeared to have the same line of thought, as he watched his partner reach for his weapon, only for the Major's orders to reach their ears. The sapper had to agree with the giant- the Major made them both very sad. None of them were properly kitted out for silent engagements, so he lowered his barrel against his better judgement.

Not the walking tank though. He watched as the water around him exploded in a violence of action, splattering the sewer walls with muck, mud and unmentionable/indistinguishable slime. Reva's charge caught Omar off guard and nearly sent him into the sewer waters, his massive girth taking up far too much space for anyone to reliably engage the enemy at range. For a second time today, Daros grumbled.

He wasn't the only one that got the short end of the stick, as Omar quietly drew back to the rear with him. Anticipating an ambush from the rear was textbook, but somehow he didn't think whoever engaged them in such a sloppy manner had the tactical acumen to execute such a wide flanking maneuver. Nevertheless, he stayed on guard, one-handing his weapon and sending another hand to the handle of his tactical shovel. Just in case, because someone was champin' for a shovelin'.

Even in the muted din of silenced burps and fist-to-face action, Daros' ears caught the familiar distinct tone at the end of the tunnel.

Far too familiar.

He didn't care that the Major technically called the shots, or that any of the ambushers escaped their retaliation. The only thing he could think of was blood, sweat and screaming on the surgery bed. "Get the fuck out of there!" he barked urgently, knife-handing in the direction they came back from, explosives free.

But the detonation he expected never happened. The bundle of nerves in his gut tightened still- you never wanted to play around with explosives, even if you suspected it was a dud.

Whoever threw the grenade gave off the impression that not all went according to plan when a flurry of blaster bolts came around the corner, their impacts shattering the walls of the tunnel. Daros stacked up behind his team, trusting Omar to cover his six. "You know," he muttered under his breath, glancing behind him, "If I had sold him those grenades, none of us would still be here."

vmdKJrt.png

L E G A C Y
"DEADER"
Task Force 66 : The Imperator's Fist
-OBJECTIVE :// REACH_THE_REACTORS-

Lambert Vasari / Reva Giedfield / Omar Melnau Omar Melnau / Daros Karmann Daros Karmann
N5cG5gd.png

"You know," he muttered under his breath, glancing behind him, "If I had sold him those grenades, none of us would still be here."
Had she been any unaugmented C.O., perhaps such an utterance would have evaded her notice. But Stras heard it loud and clear despite the desperate cries of the blaster bolts flying their way. Organic teeth meshed with her steely lowers in pinning her fibrous, artificial tongue in place. Now wasn't the time to remind others of their faults. Build them up, don't knock them down. With their opposition mostly dispatched, she peeled herself off the grungy wall, returning her rifle to low-ready as she pressed forward with ruthless intention.

"Omar, I'm gonna bring you his helmet. See what info you can get out of it as we press on." Deader's voice murmured over their static-laced comms with her decision and she stepped forward, inching herself closer to the stream of fire in the darkness. A quick mental glance towards the personal HUD she had been augmented with revealed her power cells were still well charged and with that much noted, she activated the onboard cloaking system she had been kitted with.

Her form vanished into nothingness, concealed even on thermal screens, and revealed as only minute, rippling distortion on infrared. With her unnaturally smooth stride and the panic in her foe working to her advantage, she would go undetected in her careful approach. Her right hand slipped away from the stock of her rifle and with the softest of mechanical whir, closed into a fist by her side. Slotted between her palm and forearm was a minor gap in her armor which exposed the sectioned, blackened titanium beneath- much like the neck she left exposed- and those two plates slid apart with malicious intent.

Emerging from the sheath built into her forearm deployed a lengthy blade that hummed to life with the application of power. And as the gap between the operator and her wounded target narrowed, she felt some pang of mercy rising within her hollow chest. A low sigh would have left her, had she any reason to breathe the rancid air in these moments. The hooded phantom materialized mere feet away from the Sith soldier and she lunged forward abruptly to plunge her blade just off-center and to the left of the man's chest. "Wasn't worth it, was it?" She remarked with enough volume for her voice to project beyond the confines of her helmet. Her unnatural strength against him manifested in the steep press of her open hand against his chest, driving the blade in deeply and holding him down should he have wished to retaliate in his death throes. "You should've stayed home."

When his fate had been sealed, she retracted her hidden bite, and released her rifle to hang against her by the sling, reaching to unclasp his helmet straps and pull them free. A quick snap of her head took an image of the soldier's corpse for later dissection; intelligence was a ceaseless harvest. Unceremoniously, the major stripped him of the bucket and stepped off silently to return to her squad, peering at the helmet with mild intrigue.

Once her form highlighted in green reappeared from the dark in the narrow vision of her comrades, she extended the helmet in an offer to Omar. "Now," Strasza hummed low in their helmets, "Let's keep it moving and keep it quiet. I don't want another mess until we get to the reactors." She peered beyond them in the darkness, reorienting herself with the aid of her environmental sensors. "Our ladder should be coming up."

vmdKJrt.png

AN_URBEX_JOURNAL
Special Agent Omar Melnau
Task Force 66: The Imperator's Fist
-OBJECTIVE :// REACH_THE_REACTORS-
Lambert Vasari / Reva Giedfield / Noel Strasza Noel Strasza / Daros Karmann Daros Karmann / Asha Krataajontû
= WEAPONRY :: KXR SBR-60x, LS-1 "Angry Owl", BH "Specter" Vibroknife, REC-RCB/01 Baton =
= EQUIPMENT :: Force-User Utility Droid, IL-99B "Doppelganger", climbing gear, various munitions =
= ARMOR :: TXP SBG-01x Bodyglove, Storm Recon Armor Mk. II =

N5cG5gd.png
"You know," ... "If I had sold him those grenades, none of us would still be here."

It was horrifying, honestly, to watch how quickly the task force made a quick mess of the attackers. The flare of blasters, lightsaber, and muted violence.

And as things descended into a 'lull' - shifting from a group assault to one desperate madman with a blaster, Daros saw fit to cut the air with humor. Omar was quick to respond, "If you would have been selling them their explosives, it would mean I'd failed at my job at some point."

"Omar, I'm gonna bring you his helmet. See what info you can get out of it as we press on."

He watched the Major disappear before she closed in to eliminate the last of them. Or to be more functionally correct, he watched the wake of sludge and sewer waste as she closed the distance.

He wanted to mention that electronics weren't necessarily his strong suit, but by the time the protest came to him, she was long gone, and it wasn't like it would have spared the poor sod. He'd do what he could. That was all he could, right? So when she returned, he tried to bite back a sudden spike of bile in his throat as he caught the insurgent's helmet, "Consider it done, ma'am."

The intelligence agent clipped the helmet to his waist and approached the bodies. He held a similar view to the Major's own: intelligence gathering never ceased. He made sure his helmet camera would catch a good view of the bodies - frozen or otherwise.

"Old equipment, disorganized structure. Subjects seemed confused. Likely they were more surprised by the contact than we were." His voice had the monotonous, nonplussed tone of a true professional. Well-practiced from his residency, "Suspect disorganized insurgency, grass-roots. Possible religious influences? Will follow up."

The next stop in the moments that it took for the rest of the team to gather was the last body. The one who'd tried to run.

Omar approached it casually until he saw the explosive laying dormant in the man's grip. He muttered a small curse and gingerly reached out to pluck it away and set it firmly under the body to put at least some sort of meatshield between himself and a potential belated blast.

He started into the pockets and pouches to see what he could find, "Focus is male. Mid 30s. Upper bottom class, likely working family. Would support religious extremism theory. Demonstrated erratic behavior, likely lacking extensive military experience or formalized training." He pulled anything he could find on the body. Pamphlets, data storage, and other paraphernalia.

It all found itself secured in an environmentally sealed drop-pouch to go over later once all of this was done.

With all of that taken care of, he quickly hooked a jack to the helmet's internal system. A secure storage would pull all video and audio footage it could. And, if possible, communications both current and previously recorded as well as the relevant encryption code. It was a rather automated process that helped make up for his comparative lack of experience.

Shouldering his rifle, he once more fell into the middle of the formation with the Major, "There's a lot to puzzle through. I've got some recordings and photography. I'll dig into it when this is all said and done."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom