Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech IL-99B 'Doppelganger' Stealth Projector

Status
Not open for further replies.
fHaCHRb.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

• | Manufacturer | Sith Imperial Research and Development / The Sith Empire
  • | Affiliation | Closed-Market / [member="Kor Vexen"] / The Red Legion (Exclusive)
  • | Model | IL-99B 'Doppelganger' Stealth Projector
  • | Modularity | N/A
  • | Production | Limited - Members of the Red Legion / SIFIA
  • | Material | Reinforced Duraplast / Titanium / Electronic Components / Holographic Emitters

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Holographic Projection(s)
  • Personal Stealth Field
  • Regenerative Power Supply
Strengths |
  • | Cloak & Dagger | The Doppelganger excels in two particular functions; creating projections of the user to deceive the enemy and concealing the physical form of the user to attack from an unexpected direction. The Doppelganger can project one 'clone' of the wearer while maintaining stealth capability or up to three different 'clones' at the expense of not stealthing the user from physical view. These clones are capable of behaving independently to further fool enemies. These holographic projections imitate how the operator would move and behave up to a range of five meters.
  • | Personal Supply | Stealth technology has had a history of being quite power hungry, something that was remedied in the Doppelganger's design by Sith Engineers. The Doppelganger utilizes an intuitive system where power drain is minimized while stationary and even capable of regenerating at a rate faster than it depletes while not moving. This coupled with the Doppelganger utilizing its own power core, reduces weight from needing an external power source that would be shared with accompanying armor systems.
Weaknesses |
  • | Scanners | Though it may fool the eyes, the Doppelganger is not capable of deceiving sensors, specifically those that don't require the visible spectrum in order to detect or spot targets. This also does little to fool anyone capable of sensing the user effectively through use of the Force. In short, it was meant to fool the naked eye, not any form of scanners.
  • | Ion & EMP | As expected of most devices, the effects of Ion and EMP greatly hinder the effects of the Doppelganger to varying degrees depending on the proximity of the effect. While the effects of it will not fully shut down the Doppelganger unless it is struck by them at point blank, it will cause the holograms to flicker and the stealth system to stutter in a very obvious manner.
  • | Semi-Stealth | While the Doppelganger is able to stealth its wearer effectively in low-light or busy fields, an enemy can still pick out the position of the user if they are actively looking out for them, especially if they are on the move as the operator will appear as a subtle visual disturbance where there should be none. It also does not blend the user perfectly into their surroundings. Their silhouette will appear distorted from their surroundings, though it is not readily apparent while remaining stationary in a busy scene.
  • | Power Drain | Though the Doppelganger is capable of regenerating and replenishing its own power, it does so at great sacrifice while being activated on the move. The rate at which power is consumed while moving is quite immense, making it ill suited for extended use while on the move, and if fully depleted, requires that the unit recharge to full before using it again.

DESCRIPTION

The IL-99B 'Doppelganger' was designed as a deceptive approach to the battlefield that aids covert operatives to function behind enemy lines, while still giving them a greater chance of escape or opportunity to disrupt and confuse enemies should they be discovered.

The 'Doppelganger' as its name implies is able to project a holographic clone of the operator, capable of acting independently of the operator's actions to deceive enemies into thinking they are real, rather than creating an awkward and stationary hologram that can be spotted. This projection is meant to distract away from the operator who can use the stealth systems to fade from physical sight and remove attention from themselves. Alternatively, the Doppelganger can be set to project three holograms of the operator at the expense of nullifying the ability to conceal the user from sight. This gives the appearance of four individuals rather than one, three of which can be used to distract the enemy or fool the enemy into thinking that there are far more adversaries than initially suspected.

In addition to the creation of holographic clones, the Doppelganger utilizes an intuitive power supply that reduces weight on the operator from needing an external power supply; a power supply capable of replenishing power for extended periods of time where an operator may be holding position for reconnaissance. Since power drain was a nuisance for anything that utilized stealth technology, the Doppelganger's power supply allows for one less issue to be of little to no concern, though Sith Engineers were incapable of fully getting rid of the power consumption rate given the weight and size specifications.

[member="John Locke"]

Apologies for the ping, just wanted to let you know I changed the wording from cloak to stealth because I realized cloak referred mostly to ships and stealth was more oriented towards individual concealment. Hope this isn't too much of a bother.

[member="Kor Vexen"]

Hi, it's me your friendly neighbourhood factory judge. I've got to say I absolutely love the idea of using the holoprojectors to create clones.

Kor Vexen said:
| Production | Limited

Limited (Only one small group of characters. IE: Small task force, not entire factions.)

Could I ask who this is limited to? I believe that this is just for the Red Legion, but for ease of reference could you confirm that in the sub.

Kor Vexen said:
| Cloak & Dagger | The Doppelganger excels in two particular functions; creating projections of the user to deceive the enemy and concealing the physical form of the user to attack from an unexpected direction. The Doppelganger can project one 'clone' of the wearer while maintaining stealth capability or up to three different 'clones' at the expense of not stealthing the user from physical view. These clones are capable of behaving independently to further fool enemies.

How far are the clones capable of being projected and how capable are they?

Kor Vexen said:
| Semi-Stealth| While the Doppelganger is able to stealth its wearer effectively in low-light or busy fields, an enemy can still pick out the position of the user if they are actively looking out for them, especially if they are on the move. It also does not blend the user perfectly into their surroundings. Their silhouette will appear distorted from their surroundings, though it is not readily apparent while remaining stationary in a busy scene.

What are the signs of the user's presence?

[member="John Locke"]

Apologies for the super late response, I have been fairly occupied away from Chaos though I did make some clarifications.

I've elaborated on the Limited section; This submission is primarily designed only for the Red Legion, but after having heard that other people wish to use it, I have extended it to The Sith Empire's intelligence sub-division SIFIA as well (For PC's only) and the also added stipulation that it can be used by PC's who have received express permission from myself otherwise.

I have added a slight clarification to the Cloak and Dagger strength with the additional text of 'These clones are capable of behaving independently to further fool enemies. These holographic projections imitate how the operator would move and behave up to a range of five meters.'

As for the Semi-Stealth inquiry, I'm not quite sure how you would like me to elaborate on this. The 'distortion silhouette' is more or less the sign of a user's presence because whatever they are standing in front of will appear 'off' much like Active Camouflage from Halo. If you could enlighten me as to how further I can elaborate on this to be within suitable standards, I would greatly appreciate it.

[member="Kor Vexen"]

No problem, I understand how life can be, Chaos and RP definitely comes as a second to real life.

I saw the changes you made, but the limited rating does limit it to one group of characters, so it could be either the Red Legion or SIFIA but not both. There are a few ways to share the technology between both groups, the first would be to increase it to Semi-unique and allow individuals to use it as allowed by you. The other option is to turn it from a full device into an armour component, something that doesn't exist by itself and therefor is just a piece of technology that can be used in other submissions of limited and up.

Thank you for making the clarifications for Cloak and Dagger.

As for my enquiry on the Semi-Stealth weakness, I primarily wanted to understand what you mean by the subtle visual disturbance. The description of looking off is more than enough, especially with the added description of the Halo Active Camouflage.

[member="John Locke"]

Changes have been made and its Affiliation has been changed to be Red Legion exclusive. If there are any further things that have come up or I have overlooked, feel free to notify me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom