Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many characters is too many?

Happy Star Wars Day everyone! So this week I’d like to talk about numbers, as in how many characters you can juggle at once. I’ve seen some writers with a metric karkload of sub accounts (cough [member="Matsu Ike"] cough) as well as those with just one character. Personally, while I find is better to focus on only a few characters at a time, I find myself making more than I can get to in a reasonable amount of time. So, how many is too many for you?

On a side note, I’m thinking about having a name for this series I do each week, any ideas?

​Depends on the type of person, and what you wanna do.

​I'd say, for certain people that want a ​character to be significant or, have less time or muse; whatever it may be. One is already difficult enough to write consistently. Nevermind multiple. Also depends on what kind of character you write, for me Tathra's headspace can be difficult to get into. Sometimes, I can't and have to wing it. I couldn't even consider writing other characters.

​For others, OC's galore. It just depends on the person. It's preference, not how many or how little.

Depends on the timing. I've run 20+ characters before at the same time. These days though my comfort zone is 2-3 characters that get all my attention and get RP'd into the smallest details, as characters that exist for a specific purpose (like purely for fleeting, for example) don't purr my muse anymore.

Amonhoteph

Weaponsmith and Fitness Freak
I ultimately just churn out new ideas until I feel like I'm satisfied with my options. Obviously some will end up getting left to gather dust, but dust can always be wiped clean!

Depends on the type of year I'm having. When I started out I could handle a couple dozen at once actively going in threads and storylines, but that's cause I had enough time (and energy). So I did a dozen to a couple dozen or so posts each day.

Now it's more like twenty (most of those aren't on here). But only because most of the threads I'm in are very slow, or don't have most of them in any at the same time, so I'm able to keep up all of those at once. Since they barely do anything.

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
I've several, but my main three are what I can currently handle due to my limited on line time, as I post from work. The rest I use to occasionally back my three main characters in stories, slowly building their story arcs.
Although I do have plans on expanding those other characters into main ones...just lack the time' all, not the motivation. Love to write. :)

Thats very much up to the individual. If you can write a army of characters without much sacrifice. Then do it. Some people like me and can only handle one or two characters. Yet i keep making new ones. lol

Merg

The Rustbucket
I used to think I could easily handle playing more than one or two characters, but after a week of furious and more often than not completely uninspired roleplaying that totally killed off my muse, I ended up taking a break since I had completely burned myself out.

It's certainly up to the individual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom