Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did you name your character?

Edison Bulkhead

E
I misheard the name of a baseball pitcher, but I loved the way the name sounded. Originally I was holding onto the name for a male character, but then I realized how unique it would be for a female. in a universe where canon characters are named Pablo-Jill, Bib, and Wedge, I think finding a memorable name is half the fun. :)

I was thinking of really obscure names, which I find have the letters V, O, X, Y ect and I was sounding through it when "Vilox" came to mind. I was initially going to leave the character at just Vilox, when I noticed other people had surnames. So I was eating Paella one day, contemplating on the surname, when Pazela came to mind and so Vilox Pazela was born.

Before Pazela, Vilox was just plain old Vilox for three years :D

Rave's the clone of a Nightsister named Sira Ves. When she was very young, a rebel group hit the base where the cloning facility was housed, among other things. They found one clone kid alive, with the 'si' and 's' burned off the sides of the label. 'ra Ve' was all that was left. Later on, in her early teens, she became the de factor adopted sister of Jorus Merrill, and took his name.

Seir'ari

Twi'lek Slaver
Twi'leks have two 'names', and since Seir'ari has a commanding aura about him I made it phonetically so that when his named is shortened it's "Seir", or "Sir".

Aleidis Zrgaat

Young soul from an older generation.
As this character started as a look alike of Justin Biebet and used a woman who looked a lot like him as a playby, her name was initially an anagram of Justin Bieber. Unfortunately, it sounded clumsy no matter how many times I rearranged the letters, so I used a nonsense word for her given name and kept a surname generated by the anagram, Ijet.

Lira Dajenn

L
Stole the name of one of my favorite characters from the series Wheel of Time.

The last name is made up out of thin air back when i first made Moridin as a Jedi.

Hakan Venttuss

He Who Blinds the Sun
Always liked Turkish names, so I picked my favorite one, Hakan. And as for the surname I took "Ventus" and thought it wasn't "starwars-y" enough so I just doubled the t's and s's.

Vulpesen was based off a small book I wrote(and plan on rewriting) and as for his name origins. Vulpes= Fox in Latin. Torrevaso= nothing(though it might mean Bull Vase in Spanish) and Espadus means Sword since Vulps has always been a swordsman.

I love the fox due to its clever and sneaky nature, as well as its elegance and thus it became my favorite animal. Considering Vulpesen comes from dog oriented cultures in every story, I decided to name him after a Fox.

Tandem

Sound the Alarm.
The character of Tandem is simple mainly because I'm really lacking knowledge on Star Wars, so I made him an amnesiac so it'd be more accepted of him bumbling around and asking what something is that would be obvious to anyone else haha. His name I wanted to make a bit more complicated at first but then I remembered that he's basically gonna be named by the Jedi who picked him up from the Sith dumpster...
So I looked up certain words that could be used as names and 'Tandem' stuck out for it's meaning, it suits him better then 'Havoc' or 'Kaosu' or something along those lines lol.

Named due to the fact that I'm Vulpesen's Ace in the hole.

Zarro Verres was name because he's a fox man, Zarro sounds like Zorro= fox en espanol. Verres... sounded nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom