Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did you name your character?

Roxis Thrall

R
Usually generators.

Sometimes not.

@[member="Alen Na'Varro"], excellent story! I love a touch of FM.

Phantom

P
Well, 'Phantom' is easily stolen from 'The Phantom Of The Opera' title character, but also to reflect a figure who is unknown, acting as a symbol and ghostlike, with no fixed identify and location.
His real name, Blake Thriftweed, was formed from two opposing factors:
BLAKE was taken simply from the lead character of a TV show I'm watching for the first time on DVD...'Dynasty', with Blake Carrington.
THRIFTWEED is taken from 'The Secret Of Monkey Island' which I love and adore, and the main character Guybrush Threepwood, a wannabe pirate, often has people mistake his odd surname and one of the funniest is the local sheriff calling him 'Thriftweed'. It was either that or Spicecake or Droopface, but Thriftweed sounded more plausible!

:)

Kära came about because Joakim (@[member='Thurion Heavenshield']) referred to me as 'min kära' a helluvalot and as such when it came to creating the character back in August it sort of named itself :x

I think that's the only character with a sentimental name, the rest just were :p

For Thurion, I just took it from the character Furion Stormrage, also known as Malfurion, from Warcraft 3 + Frozen Throne and just changed the spelling of it. "Heavenshield" is from way back in the day when I used to play Baldur's Gate I + II, Icewind Dale I + II, and all those old-school RPG's. I would always play a paladin, so I made it the surname of my protagonist, and since then every time I play an RPG, it's what I use for a surname. It's cheesy, I know. :p

With Thyrian, I knew he would be the brother of Thurion, so I wanted a similar-sounding name. Going back further, it's part of another alias of mine when playing RPG's: Thyriandros. It comes from a place in the Lord of the Rings which was briefly mentioned in the movies, called Cair Andros. The "Ashborn" part is basically from me wanting it to contrast "Heavenshield", as well as reflect the nature of the character.

Ak is a bothan surname meaning Bird of Prey, and 'lya is the suffix of Clan Ilya. Ak'lya was the last name of one of my first characters in starwars, and it's just an easy one to use. Strask and Tresk are names pulled from the Galactic Campaign guide for Star Wars Revised Core Rulebook. Askrut Fey'ra also was pulled from there.

Saran Drast comes from Saran, which seemed close, but not quite human, and Drast is a modification of Draay.

Jade Night was a challenge that gave the name.

Luke Beleren: I wanted to give this character a sort of strong demeanor. I've always felt Luke was a strong name, so I took it. And Beleren comes from the name of the original character from which I got the playby, Jace Beleren from Magic the Gathering.

Xardus Folidaar: To be honest, I have no idea. Xardus was a character I made a long time ago, even before I started roleplaying. He was my connection to Star Wars, and I enjoyed just thinking about how he would fit in the universe. At a point, I wanted him to be destroyed in such a way that he would literally have to sit back and watch as his world was controlled by another. Sadrion became the spirit that controls him. The name is a fusion of the words "sad" and "ruin" to emulate the destructive nature of the two entities, Xardus and Sadrion, when they collide.

Scarlet Faith: I kind of piggybacked this character off of Ruby Rose from the anime RWBY, and wanted a similar name. Scarlet Faith came about, and I stuck with it.

Chris Tolaran: I based this character partly off of my friend Christian, so that's where I got the first name.

The majority of my other characters are just names I made up on the fly.

This character was done through a Sci-fi name generator. Picked a last name I liked, saw Delilah as a first name choice, dropped the 'h' and thought it sounded great together. Boom, done.

Judah was a bit different. I liked the name Judah and thought it kinda sounded spacey farmboy. I saw Dashiell elsewhere and thought it fit. Later I learned Dashiell is also a first name and thought it was incredibly stupid. Who would give that as a first?

Veevleigh

Pink Perfumed Slicer Waif
Since my character has such an ordinary name, I'm not sure I can answer this question :p.

Okay, kidding. Seriously >.>. So, I had a customer in work who's surname was 'Rainbow' once, and I thought it was an awesome name and filed it away for the appropriate character, originally planning for it to be a surname. On another board, somebody was looking for family members, so I considered making a character, and wanted to use 'Rainbow' as the name, so it became her first name to fit. I didn't make the character in the end, but came here instead, keeping the name.

I struggled for ages with a surname before 'Flowers' popped in to my head, I think probably inspired by Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim, and the fact it kind of sounds similar. So then I had Rainbow Flowers, which I was going to dismiss as too stupidly girly until I found this playby and it all seemed to fit perfectly.

Danger Arceneau said:
Arceneau is French with a root meaning of "Crafter of arms" IE weapons

Danger well.. haha her full name is Dangeruese. Root meaning.. yes... Dangerous.

Middle name is Rose. I blame @[member="Noxu Za'tire"] for that.
Princess, you blame me for everythin'. And for no good reason, either. ;)

@[member="Noxu Za'tire"]

christinahendrickslonglookslostmeaningtumblr1_537059.gif

You love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom