Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Her tears of Joy (look to OOC thread before posting)

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
GALLAINORE
Château Loire’an, Dimitor

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Alexandra Feanor"]

Agh, a familar face at last.

Excusing himself from the friendly conversation with Yura, Ar'ekk moved over with an already full glass of pink champagne to rendevouz with [member="Alexandra Feanor"]. She was an old acquaintance and while it was quite the surprise to see her here, it'd be much more of a surprise to have him attending a dance in dapper clothes.

Of course, they were seeking to calm themselves down with liquor and stumbled upon each other trying to get some of that marvelous nerve-calming elixir by one of the tables.

Predictable? Indeed.

"I didn't know you liked dances, Alex." He said in jest, grabbing more sweet canapés from the table. They were too delicious to miss out on.

All in all, his anxiety would decrease only slightly after meeting up with someone he really did know. Dancing was out of the question unless he was directly asked about it by an attendee, rusty moves were out of the question if there was an agreement.

"How are you?"

"No, no! You look amazing too." Kat assured Beth with a smile, still a little red from her blushing. It suddenly felt so warm in the room, "I jate the dress, never like my legs on show." Kat gestured to her robotic legs. Kat looked over to another lovely woman coming over and stating the contents of the drink. It was curious that the drink was imbued with the Force, did that mean non-Force Users could use the Force temporarily? Maybe she would have a strong connection now she's had some to drink. Unlikely, but it was a fun idea.

Noticing Beth giving a graceful curtsy to the new lady, Kat realised this must be their host. Following suit, she gave a quick curtsy as well. "Sup... I mean... Hello Queen Mother, a lovely party." Kat said, cursing herself for saying sup, she never said sup generally, why'd she say it now, in front of an important politican. This was not good. But Kat watched as Beth took a sip of the champagne, cautious of the drink. "Don't worry, it's not strong like. A good strong drink is Corellian Whiskey. That's a strong drink."

[member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] | [member="Allana Djo"]

Memories not truly of his own, they filled this hall of the Château Loire’an. Memories of the man he was cloned from. This was different then the memories that surrounded his duties of being the Fleet Admiral. It was easy to hide behind work as it shut your mind off to emotions. This was different because the memories reminded him of a youth that was not really his.

The raw emotions mixed the Tears of Akala were a potent mixture. What he needed something or someone to get his mind off of memories that was not truly his own.

“Its name is Mélodie hantée”, the Duch’ix motioned to a painting close to [member="Erin Tenel"] . “My Great Great Grandmother had it commissioned”, the words Grandmother slipped out like it was natural. How else would he explain it without it being even more of an odd conversation?

The painting was of the nearby coast line and of the Château Loire’an. It was the home of the Grey’s. The family of the Grey, just another noble house in the care of her grace the Ta’a Chume extended reach.

Allana Badeaux

Ta’a Chume – Queen Mother
[SIZE=9pt]There were just too many people here for Allana to know who everyone was and place name to faces. Beth was among some of the people who the Queen Mother was acquainted with but had not met personally. It did well to know the general’s children whom you’re allies with.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Sadly Allana best guess who Kat was could be anything from another Mando’ade or just someone Kat randomly started talking to.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Allana could not help but find amusement in the two younger ladies reaction, rather than be offended. Why invite a bunch of people who had no idea of your customs just to be rude and unappreciative in their attempts to be polite? To her not only did that sound tiring but incredibly boring as well? Maybe that is why many of her Duch’as was calling her liberal behind her back?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“So who do I have the privilege of speaking with today”,[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] the Queen Mother asked the two girls. It seemed like a great way to open the conversation further. [/SIZE]

[member="Kat Decoria"] [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"]

This was not the first time Ra had been inside the Transitory Mists that kept many people out or in as the case has been before. If somebody was to ask her, this wouldn't be the last time either. Since she had been invited to come again, she took this opportunity.

No weapons allowed and that was fine with her. Just an evening to be free of stress, worry and any concern. There was quite a lot of that on her mind so Ra looked forward to this event.

As time has passed, she had picked up a few formal gowns for various functions. Not one to have much more than what was needed, there were only a few of these dresses she had. Deciding on a dark green dress, she felt this would suit her best. Her others were mostly blue so the green would be a change. It was floor length like most formals were. A sheer shawl covered her shoulders and was the same shade as the green of her dress. The dress was sleeveless and was fitted to her torso. A small smattering of gems covered the left side of the dress.

The thought of being late, but at least being present was her thought on this as she walked in through the open doors. There were a few familiar people around and many others she had never met before. Heading over to where some drinks were being offered, she accepted one of them and turned to look around again.

A small area was clear near to where some tables were set up and that was where she headed.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

GALLAINORE

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Ra'a'mah"]

Glad to see he wasn't the only one looking for drinks.

The pink champagne had already begun to kick into his system and while he could withstand the effects of alcohol traveling throughout his body, he'd have to calm himself down a little if he wanted to make it to the dance in one piece. To get home, though? His vehicle of choice for the night would take him there automatically, no problem.

"Five more drinks and I'll be dancing on top of the tables."

Ar'ekk felt a rush on his chest as he sipped from his glass, letting the sweet flavour of the champagne voyaged through his esophagus. His eyes focused on Ra while she picked up a drink of her own, adjusting his white jacket and making sure he was presentable.

So far, everything had been introductions, drinks and nervous smiles.

The Commerce Minister moved along slowly watching the visitors as they interacted with one another. A few ventured outside of their comfort zone and approached the Hapans. Was it a fear or a curiosity they felt when they looked at them. Mel felt some curiosity.

What made them look at her that way, what made her look at them that way? Was it true that anything you didn't understand that you instantly fear it and spread rumors to protect yourself. Hapans reputation for beauty and isolation had to be dwindling away surely the galaxy would see them as just...another race. Mel finally saw the Queen [member="Allana Djo"] moving about in the crowds. A young woman of Allana's age should be more careful light but it was the office she held that prevented her from doing so.

Not that Mel was so old.

She was glad to see other Hapans mingling about.

PIeces of conversation came to her as she moved about

Five more drinks and I'll be dancing on the tables....made Mel giggle inside. That might be fun to see

Corellian whiskey...hmm always a good drink

Sith space...that made her stop. She looked trying to hear the voice again but it drifted away...feth. Were there spies and mercs among them.. She might have use for such skills...she too had her own vision and plans. Mel stepped back again standing still trying to hear the conversation but voices grew louder and drifted in and out.

hmm...

[member="Rahn Haaku"] | [member="Cathbodua"] | [member="Vulpesen"] |[member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] | [member="Alexandra Feanor"] | [member="Lelani Sevestra"] | [member="Erin Tenel"] | [member="Zye Woden"] | [member="Arekk"] | [member="Kat Decoria"] | [member="Zaela Kang"]

Beth smiled as Kat informed her that she looked amazing as well. "You're too sweet!" She was glad she ran into [member="Kat Decoria"]. The other young woman made her feel much more comfortable in the palace of many, many people who may or may not be as nice as Kat was. Beth had noticed the artificial legs when she came over, but that meant little to nothing to Beth. In all truth, Beth found it kind of awesome but probably impolite to inquire about it. "Awww, you shouldn't feel that way! Your legs are awesome! And either way, you still look absolutely stunning with that dress!"

Beth gave an encouraging, honest smile to Kat. She understood what it was like to be self-conscious about the body. She had two long ears that betrayed her every emotion, which... Was annoying, to say the least. She took the sip and thoroughly enjoyed it, but felt guilty over it all, even if it really wasn't a big deal at all. "It is very tasty, I will say that. It's an amazing drink, Queen Mother." She gave a nod towards [member="Allana Djo"]. In truth, Beth was always intrigued by the Queen Mother & Hapan culture. She didn't really know how to approach learning more about them but she was more excited that she was talking to Allana than she thought she would be.

"I'm Beth Australis-Mantis. I don't think we've ever formally met, so I'm really excited we finally are able too!" Their nations were in an alliance and while they had never met before, both sides probably knew plenty about the other due to their positions and families. In either case, Beth was really excited as she had met Kat and the Queen Mother! What an amazing dance it was already turning out to be!

Though she had yet to say anything to the other person that was nearby, he broke the silence with one of the funniest things she had heard in a long time.

"Would you like those five drinks now or take them over the course of the evening?"

Her hair was down for t​his, but brushed back and for once rested nicely on her shoulders and back. Normally it was very unruly and Ra needed to wear it pulled back and braided.

Taking a drink of hers, she finished it. She set the glass down on the table to walked to Ar'ekk. Nodding at him and wearing a slight smile at their first intereaction, she held her hand out to him to shake.

"I am Ra'a'mah Numare. Please just call me Ra. Everybody else does and it's much easier to remember and pronounce."

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

GALLAINORE

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Ra'a'mah"]

He followed his joke with a muffled chuckle, clashing glances with Ra'a'mah for a moment before leaving his glass on the table to strike her hand gently.

"The name of a goddess, it fits you well. Ar'ekk Daesharacor."

The proper formal etiquette taught by the Jedi during his early days as an apprentice were properly applied for the occasion, mixed with a bit of of his own charisma to portray himself to others. Well spoken, courteous and cheeky on the side.

Picking up two glasses now and handing one for Ra, he waited to clink glasses.

"It's a pleasure to meet you."

The probability of enjoying a good night had just increased tenfold as he continued becoming acquainted with people such as Ra or reuniting with an old face such as [member="Alexandra Feanor"]. Everything was perfect so far, hopefully his dance moves were as good as his talking.

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Alexandra smiled as she saw Arekk come towards her, taking his place next to the table and talking to her. He made a few comments as to her being at the dance and how she was, the two sets of words causing her to smile. The man had been there with her when she had broken down and started crying while drowning under the bottle. Her hand tightened a bit on the glass she held, turning her eyes down fro a moment before breathing in and smiling again. The man was a good friend, so there was no reason for her to have a rough look on her face when things were happy and relaxed.

"Im doing well Arekk..." She would have said more but there was a new individual who came up to the table and Alexandra raised a brow as @Ra'a'mah seems to have missed Alexandra standing there, making her smile and silently move around the table. She let the two talk as she walked a small distance away, turning then and starting to walk back.

At first she said nothing more, but then after introductions between the two were over, Alexandra would take the moment to walk up and stand at Ra's side now, speaking to her as she looped an arm up and over Ra's shoulder. Her grin was wide as the other hand that held her glass brought the edge to her lips, downing the liquid with a careful hand, not wanting to waste the smallest bit.

"Trust me, he could use the Drinks Ra... oh and, you might need Glasses, you didn't say Hi to myself after all and Ive been standing right here." She would aim the smile and words at Ra, but it was clear the woman was relaxed and happy, not at all insulted. "Also, Hi there. Been a while since I saw you Ra."

"A pleasure to meet you as well, Mister Daesharacor."

Making sure to say every ​letter and sylable correctly, they shook hands and he gave her another drink. With a small clinking of glasses, she took a sip of the new drink. As for not noticing Alex before, blame it on Ra not being exactly one liking to be at large parties such as this. However, times changed and it seemed she had been in more in the last year than she had been all her adult life.

Not quite jumping out of her skin in surprise, her eyes grew slightly wider. Turning her head to try and hide just how pink her cheeks had turned, she gave Alex a bit of a smile.

"How have you been Alex?"

When they had met, it was not a good time in life for either of them. At times, they had some heated words, but in the end had at least come to a neutral standing with each other. Not enemies, but not quite friends either. There were no negatives between them now, at least that Ra was aware of.

[member="Alexandra Feanor"] [member="Arekk"]

Er'in's jaw hardened as she caught sight of [member="Cathbodua"] - the first of many Jedi and Jedi Masters it would seem had decided to accept the invitation. There was no way of anyone knowing if the disapproving gaze she felt coming her way was real, or created by the effects of the drink she was consuming to excess.

She hated that look. Smug. Self serving. Each and every one of them inches from 'falling', each and every one of them as responsible as the Sith for an eternity of struggle.

For a long moment she rippled with barely controlled fury and grief, then the next sip of imbued alcohol washed away the sour feelings and replaced them with a false euphoria that was as self-destructive in it's own way.

Kat nervously looked down as Beth offered her another compliment, then she moved forward and wrapped her arms tightly around Beth in a tight hug. She couldn't help it, feeling so happy to have met the other girl, so few people offered kind comments to Kat in the past. "Th... Thank you for the kind words!" Kat said and offered a kiss to Beth's cheek before turning to the Queen Mother, Allana. The woman was honouring them by spending time with them. Kat could feel the angry stares from upper class folk who only dreamed to have a chance that she had.

Stepping aside, she watched as Beth introduced herself to the Queen Mother, they both seemed more comfortable in high end parties and amongst powerful people more than Kat felt. She offered a weak smile, "Hi, I'm Kat Decoria. Jedi Padawan of the Silver Jedi Order." She was curious what faction other people were from, whether there was opponents from enemy factions that she would have to make friendly conversation. Kat was not good at making conversation with people she did not like.

"This party seems to be going very well your Highness..." Unsure what title a Queen Mother uses, Kat went for the one that was used when talking to the Queen of Eshan.

[member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] | [member="Allana Djo"]

Arekk

GALLAINORE

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Ra'a'mah"], [member="Alexandra Feanor"]

"It's my pleasure, Ms. Numare."

The introduction was out of the way and couldn't have ended better but with a glass of alcohol on their hands, elegantly acknowledging each other by the mutual clinking of glasses.

Out of nowhere, Alexandra made her way over to conversate with himself and Ra which the Zorren knew from before unbeknownst to Ar'ekk.

"You two know each other, huh?" He said while gesturing between the two with the glass in his hand, index moving from side to side.

Alexandra knew him too well as she nailed the drinking comment right on the nail as he went for his fourth drink of the night to cope with the anxiety of the upcoming dance on the ball room. He lacked a partner for such occasion except for the champagne who almost had him by the neck, so things looked a little worse for that small period of time. No big deal, he thought.

Things got a lot more interesting for that night.

[member="Rahn Haaku"] [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"]

Zye smirked at the whispered message. He had acquired a potential employer, and more than that, he had acquired a potential ally. Both were important, but the later he needed more of, now that he was alone in this galaxy. A few months ago he would have scoffed at the idea of working for anything more than his own whim. It truly was amazing what being exiled from your home world did to a person's work ethic.

"The pleasure was all mine, Minster Haaku," Zye said returning the bow, "I wish you skill in hunting."

As the Nemodian moved away, Zye felt like he heard someone say his name. It was a female, he knew that much. He hadn't heard it with his ears, but more through the Force on the edge of his mind. He turned, scanning the area and reaching out mentally. There were a lot of thoughts, from everyone at the gala. It was like trying to listen to a whisper in a room full of people talking. His dark eyes settled on a woman near the bar. She felt like the woman who had thought of him. Zye crossed the distance between the two of them with the air of a man with command and control. After his first eon of life, Zye had perfected confidence.

"I have to admit, I had my doubts, but the Hapes women do live up to their reputation of beauty," Zye said to her with a tight smile. "The same goes for your castles."

He offered her a slight bow at the waist, "Zye Woden, of House Woden of Iridonia. A pleasure to meet you."

Allana Badeaux

Ta’a Chume – Queen Mother
The Ta’a Chume did notice how much the two girls were paying such complements to each other as well as the kiss upon a check? In a small way the Queen Mother felt like she had intruded in some way in a romantic interlude between the young ladies.

Young and mostly kept from such displays Allana had felt her checks grow warm. She was unaccustomed to such public displays and thus she felt a little embarrassed of her lack of knowledge how to respond.

“It is a pleasure to meet both of you”, Allana fell back on what she knew. “Yes the party does seem to be going very well Miss Decoria. Other then the pink bubbly drink I hope you two have been enjoying the party”, Allana thought of a question that just came to her. “So did the two of you come together tonight”, it was an interesting thought. Allana was under the assumption the Mando’ade Empire and the Silver Jedi had some diplomatic disagreements lately.

[member="Kat Decoria"] [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"]

[member="Zye Woden"]

She was no longer completely alone a young man of some breeding had approached she watched as he made the customary bow, "A pleasure to meet you Zye Woden of Iridonia. I am Melanctha Dallamore of House Dallamoor of Cherubah. What brings you to the Consortium?" She listened to the voice and it seemed to be one that had caught her attention before.

Now she needed to learn more about him and his intentions. Iridonia, what did Iridonia offer....she thought quickly trying to recall...was it Zabraks? Which offered bounty hunters...mercenaries...ohhhh. She tried to hide the smile fate was certainly favoring her tonight.

The room seem to visibly brighten and Melanctha's attention was now absorbed by the man before her and what his purpose was.

[member="Allana Djo"] [member="Erin Tenel"] [member="Lelani Sevestra"]

She was checking it out, seeing some of the others who were around and standing there as the one started to look at her. The air between almost electric for a moment when she finally raised an eyebrow and spoke with a small approach. Keeping Lelani there with her but seeing Melanctha and now Erin there.. she did have some ideas. She didn't stand there doing nothing though mostly to not be in the way. The queen mother was talking with two of the girls and it seemed to have went from nervous meeting to some sort of affection. that was quick... maybe the alcohol when she spoke. "Lady Tenal." She bowed her head offering a full look of herself without the darker bodysuit. The clear one was just as welld esigned to protect her flawlessly pale and smooth skin. Short hair that was asdark as her eyes but she didn't have a smile completely on her face, more that cat like grin. She didn't want to provoke a fight but she also didn't want to be rude to one fo the women helping to rebuild Hapan's after the attacks.

[member="Melanctha Dallamoor"]

“I assure you, ma’am, the pleasure is all mine,” he said with an incline of his head. The man wasn’t as skilled with the higher court manners as he was with the blade and whip. But those in House Woden had intended to dominate everything. On Iridonia they had been the ruling class, one of few high houses that existed on the harsh world where a flavored water was considered a luxury.

Her aura and demeanor shifted to something a little brighter. Zye smirked inside. He doubted she would have kept the same cheery disposition if she uncovered what he really did, not just for his employment but his species. He was old enough to be her ancestor, or to have known her aged ancestors. However, that really wasn’t a concern anymore. The galaxy was a big place, if she didn’t know exactly what House Woden was, then it was for her benefit she probably didn’t find out.

“I am here to make potential allies and enjoy the culture,” he said taking a glass of the pink wine from the bartender. “Cherubah, is that in the Hapes Cluster?” He assumed from her appearance she was a native. Not many women had the distinctive appearance that Hapes women did. They were practically living works of art. “It’s my first time in the area. Perhaps you wouldn’t mind showing me some of the more notable sectors in the System later?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom