Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Her tears of Joy (look to OOC thread before posting)

A glass came her way and she lifted it quickly with two fingers slowly she brought the glass to her lips and drank deeply of the champagne. She looked about at the decorations, and the number of people who had gathered for this opening of their borders.

Last time she saw this many people around it was due to some business conference where she made a few deals but so far nothing had come from it, a disappointment for certain. All she had hoped for slipping away as easily as she drank the champagne.

She hoped the crown jewels were double guarded tonight as well as guards on the fountains..last time someone jumped into one...most barbaric.

The Commerce Minister knew she had to change her attitude she just wasn't sure what was driving it these days. The Consortium was now within Mandalorian Space, rather than FWC space that seemed to be a welcome change. Political alliances were thriving and there were even some...opportunities for favor growing. So what was there to be angry about?

So what do you do at a party like this...stick your pinky out and stick your nose in the air??? hmm...Rekha looked around at everyone and everything yep snooty party...not usually her cup of ale but she was expanding her horizons and making friends.

She smiled she must have smiled too big for the couple she smiled at quickly stepped away.

Rekha breathed into her hand to check her breath...no...and she had showered...and...........put on girl clothes. She was standing there the gown of blue she smoothed the skirts again. She could do this she could. She smiled a little smaller and than took a glass of champagne. She didn't down it like she would usually instead she sipped and headed closer to the pockets of people.

If anything she could hear conversation not to eavesdrop but to keep from feeling alone in this giant room.

Lelani Sevestra

Hapes Consortium Building Subsidiary - Warden
(Outfit.)

​"Sigh, Why for the love of the all mother do I have to come here." She said to herself in her thoughts.

She stood looking into the mirror in a private bathroom that had two guards inside and two outside with two other undercover nearby. Glancing at herself in the mirror as she holds a cosmetic device of sorts which temporary hides her scares as the device buzzs before she switched it off to hand it to one of her guards. And she shifts through various hair colors before ending up with her natural blond. She turned to look at the two female guards 1 and 2 inside the restroom with her.

"It's time." she said.

Shifting her form she fixed her dress which hide her Echani Class PSG device which was strapped around her upper left thigh. She spared no expensive when it came to her own protection and paranoia. She turned her back to her female guards as they placed a cloth like poncho over her made from the best Hapan fabrics. She turned to face the two female as they would fix the front of it one of them giving the jewel on the collar a polish before nodding and bowing.

"Let us go."

Sevestra quietly would approach the exit of the restroom as the doors fizzed to an open. Looking to female guards 2 and 3 that had stood guard at the entrance to the restroom. She stepped out of the room into the open corridor as 4 guards took up a position around her. She slowly made her way to the ballroom where the queen mother would have taken residents at. She took a deep breath she knew there be outsiders here taking a deep breath she would nod to guard 3 and 4 which where in front of her. When the group stepped through the entrance to the ballroom the guard looked at the announcer.

Announcer: "Lady's and Gentleman, Queen Mother. May I present her royalness Lady Sevestra."

Sevestra placed her right over her chest and bowed her head toward the Queen.

[member="Lelani Sevestra"] [member="Allana Badeaux"]

Cathbodua turned when she heard the sound of the doorman announcing someone. THe jedi master looked at Lady Lelani in the force itself and she was like a star, looking at her with her normal sight she was able to see her but she was a little fuzzy from a distance. Slowly though she walked while maintaining a protective distance from the queen mother in case... until she saw [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] the white rose and offered a bow. Standing there for a moment though she spoke. "Lady Sevestra." Cathbodua bowed until she was moving to stand and make a little room for her. Seeing the room with her eyebrows raised. Attention to the others who were around. "You look stunning my Lady."

Blushing a deep red, Kat was unuse to compliments about her appearance. To Kat, she didn't look that amazing compared to the other Echani and her mother and sister were much more attractive than she was. Smoothing the black dress, Kat felt awkward and there were butterflies in her stomach as well. "Th... Th. Thanks." She shook her head and tucked strands of hair behind her ears. "Thanks. Sorry not use to such nice compliments, living on Eshan, everyone looks amazing all the time." Kat commented before taking note that the woman was called Beth. "Beth is such a lovely name too!" She grinned to the woman before taking a sip of the champagne.

There was a brief hesitation in another sip when Beth said she was too young to have some. The woman didn't look any younger than Kat herself. "Oh? We not to have some if under 21?" She heard some planets were stricter on their allowance for younger adults to drink. "I always get confused, I was trying drinks out at 14 thanks to my dad. Only four years but I know that this champagne is too intoxicating." Offering some of the drink she had left. "You can try some from my glass, promise I won't tell." Kat gave a wink with a smirk as she offered the drink.

[member="Beth Australis-Mantis"]

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
GALLAINORE
Château Loire’an, Dimitor

INTERACTING WITH: N/A (Yet)

"A dance? It can't be that bad."

That's what the invitation card said with his name plastered on it. It's been too long since he abided by a dress code but this occasion would be a great opportunity to change his daily routine although dancing was out of the question considering he lacked a partner for such thing. The place would definitely be packed once he set foot, finding someone wouldn't be so difficult since there's always someone hanging out by themselves.

His attire was nothing out of the ordinary yet still bold for a fancy reunion like this one, underneath the trench coat was a silky snowy white two-button suit without a tie as the top three buttons were loose. The arrival was as awkward as he expected it to be, people mingling with familiar faces while the occasional loner drowned their sorrows with drinks and food.

Surprisingly, that was his plan. Seeking comfort from a cold but strong drink while waiting for someone to strike him in conversation would be ideal for the time being, at least it'd do the trick to cope with the uncomfortable silence and hushed tones in the background.

The dance was now in full swing and things were getting interesting. Over the years Yura had leaned to take note of her surroundings, nothing was going to pass her attention. Peeking from her glass filled with the pink bubbly liquid, Yura scanned the room to see what was going on. The first thing her luminescent eyes fell upon was the pretty Echani girl [member="Kat Decoria"], you could practically taste the girl's discomfort. Yura's red lips pursed and her eyes shot over to the next person. To her surprise, they fell upon someone she was familiar with. It was [member="Rahn Haaku"] , The Neimoidian who was Minister of Foreign affairs for the Commenor Systems Alliance. Of course Yura had never met him personally, however she was told about him by the Twi'lek politician she had originally arrived with. She noticed that after a brief exchange with a few Duros, the group left unhappy. Yura had no idea as to what the context of this exchange was, she could however tell when people had been bested. And the Duros had bested written all over their faces.

"Nice play, Minister" Yura whispered under her breath

She was about to take another sip of her drink when she saw him approach an interesting looking man. Her eyebrow raised. Was it a meeting of pleasure or business, it was always hard to tell at events like these. Again, Yura had no clue about the context of their conversation, but she could probably sense the sarcasm coming from [member="Zye Woden"] a mile off. Yura was contemplating introducing herself to the two when another attendee caught her eye, [member="Arekk"], a man who wandered in looking as out of place as herself.

"A few drinks of that pretty Hapan poison will loosen him up" Yura said to herself, referring to the famed champagne, Akala's tears.

Yes, things were definitely getting interesting now. Yura's next task was to find a way to keep herself busy and away from the grasp of that wretched Twi'lek politician.

[member="Allana Badeaux"]

[member="Aleister Grey"]

Arekk

GALLAINORE

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Yura Thanopis"]

The pink champagne had a very delicate and fine taste as it traversed through his throat, leaving a very interesting flavour on his taste buds.

While he preferred much more stronger beverages this wasn't so bad at all specially when you throw delicious small pieces of pastry with a savoury topping that were a signature food option at formal parties.

His gaze concentrated briefly on [member="Yura Thanopis"] who seemed to look as lost as him, a drink in his hand was soon accompanied with another glass for her.

Hopefully, this would alleviate the awkwardness that had built up until that point where they both were trying to find a good reason to stick around instead of just standing there like a lost puppy.

"Champagne?"

An exasperated sigh slipped past her lips as she quickly notice how bored she had become. The array of interesting people surrounding her were clearly having a good time, she sadly could not relate at this moment. The one thought that she really did not want managed to slither it's way in to her mind. Should she have just stuck with that Twi'lek politican? He was a complete sleaze, but she would not be standing around out of place. Yura let out another sigh and began to fiddle a few of the leaves on her dress. Probably not a good image for someone at a luxurious ball to do but boredom tends to make people fiddle.

Loud, obnoxious and drunk laughter erupted behind her. She looked over shoulder, eyebrows furrowed and wondering what all the commotion was about. Suddenly she heard the voice of a man, seemingly offering champagne. She turned around quickly at noticed it was the man she spotted earlier.

"Would love some. Thank you" Yura said with a smile as she took the glass from his hand. She took a small sip of the drink and looked up at the man.

"Not one for Grand Balls either i take it?" She said with a joking tone "If you don't mind me saying so, you look more out of place than i do" she continued.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

GALLAINORE

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Yura Thanopis"]

"Not really." He said while stifling a heartfelt chuckle. "The champagne does wonders to not feel out of my element."

Coming to the dance wasn't such a bad idea at all given that he could mingle with other people from all parts of the galaxy and the possibility of encountering an old acquaintance was very high. His eyes moved quickly as they scanned the ball room frenetically, finally giving up by staring at the end of his pink champagne glass.

"Where are my manners? I'm Ar'ekk."

His palm reached out to seek Yura's while he politely introduced himself, something that he was glad did not lose despite a long time had passed since he really spoke that way. Most of his time was spent in the solitude of his apartment watching the rain droplets clash against the window of his balcony or pretty much dealing with scumbag criminals who wanted to hire him for a "job".

"You don't look like an usual attendee either, guess we look equally lost."

Rahn Haaku

Minister of Foreign Affairs, CSA
Rahn almost shivered at the Vamparika's confession but his spice-laced drink was finally taking effect. A wave of calming euphoria washed over him. The beating of his heart finally quieted and a smile broke on Rahn's face. Spice was a glorious substance and he self-applauded himself for his plans to acquire a mining facility on Kessel. The application went far beyond mere recreation, it sharpened reflexes and the mind, depending on its chemical composition.
"I know what you are, but not what you do, you cheeky devil. As for my own profession, I must admit that you might find the practice of incrementally acquiring power over 20 years tedious. However I learned some time ago that money is the Bespin city that you lose in a card game, power is Onderon's Walls that have stood for millenia and I found that in the Commenor Systems Alliance. There is a sense of self assurance when you lead part of an entity whose will is insured by battle fleets."

However, Rahn wasn't necessarily recruiting on the CSA's behalf at the moment. His private ventures, obscured and in some cases expedited, by his authority demanded agents of discretion. He had a spy network to build and discreet missions into border space to conduct and he was always on the lookout for talent.

[member="Zye Woden"]

[member="Rahn Haaku"]

Zye gave the man a slight smile. It was true, in his theatrics Zye had never said exactly what it was he did, but he had told him what he was. He should have known better than to try to side step a species known for their political and business acumen. The smell off Minster Haaku was palpable until the spice began to kick in. He would never touch the stuff, a reliance on any chemical was a form of weakness, weakness was beaten out of him through serious discipline and heavy training--and often through beatings--as a child.

"I have the sort of skills a man in your position might call, ​problem solving,​" Zye said. He hated the double speak, but it was apparently important to many of those in higher positions of authority. "In my previous work, I acquired a lot of skills in fixing problems of the most unfortunate and plaguing kind. As I am sure you are aware, battle ships aren't the only form of insurance. I wonder if Commenor or its minister has any use for a problem solver?"

Allana Badeaux

Ta’a Chume – Queen Mother
[SIZE=9pt]Allana had already moved from the dining room where she had greeted several people who were not already in a conversation. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]This was supposed to be a party. Too many to simple greet them all. How could she personally greet over hundreds of people in one night? What fun would that be? She was allowed to have fun right?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“Just be careful Ladies”,[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Allana just happened to be walking past [/SIZE][member="Kat Decoria"][SIZE=9pt] and [/SIZE][member="Beth Australis-Mantis"][SIZE=9pt]. She was unsure who the two young ladies were but she knew the drink they had and just the brief conversation she had heard them speak about.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“The drink is lightly Force Imbued. The drink is from a fruit called Akala’s tears. The distilling process allows us mortals to consume a fruit that is meant for Celestials. It does contain alcohol as well as some euphoric side effects.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Allana said nothing about age though. In the Consortium it was typical for a lady in the royal court to drink socially at the age of sixteen. Allana was just simply unaware of the galactic social age limit for drinking. [/SIZE]

Er'in stalked the hallowed halls of the Palace, her glittering eyes shrouded here, as was her custom so as not to disturb the more... sensitive residents. Still, that was no reason for her dress to be any less spectacular or impractical - you couldn't be outdone by just anyone, after all.

She was on her third or fourth drink of the night, and the night had become much, much better - the sweeping visions of darkness and light that assailed her senses had entranced her before she became a Sith, or before she had learned to... trust the dark side.

This party had been an excellent idea of Ta'a Chume, now all that remained was for Er'in to enjoy it.

Lelani Sevestra

Hapes Consortium Building Subsidiary - Warden
@Cathbodua

Sevestra glanced over to Cath with those near purple hues of hers. She acknowledges her presents before she turned her attention to look around before turning to face the hapan jedi. "So, We meet again Cathbodua." She said looking at her somewhat surprise to even see her here.

Female Bodyguard 1-4 glancing at the female known as Cathbodua through their helmets. As they stand at attention around Sevestra.

She fiddle with the rim of her poncho quietly looking at her.

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Alexandra sighed and pushed a her hair, trying to figure out how to wear the damned strands, not sure what to do with them, or what to do in the first place. She had come to this little Gala in the hope to present the Jedi in a better light than they had gotten in recent years. Jedi had become warriors and generals in recent time, largely against the personal choice of the Jedi that do so and instead it being a duty of those Jedi. Alexandra had been given the chance to help alter that perception tonight, to arrive as nothing more than another civilian, not a politician or a warrior or any such thing that would be close to that idea.

Aside from her hair, the dress she wore too was a bit restrictive for her liking. It had a gold lining along the dress but other than that it was still that white and silver color that she had become far too comfortable with. Her hair was not changed into its former silver color as well, for once, instead choosing to let it appear as it now was, a red color that fell onto the shoulders of her dress. Other than that she wore a simple necklace with a crystal hanging from the end of it, lightly shining as it hung there.

She paused with her hair and sighed, holding onto the crystal and smiling to herself, silently asking her mother for help, trying to figure out how she was supposed to act at this thing. Even if she had been around for more than five decades, Alexandra was not a social bug. She had lived in a hole in the ground for much of her childhood, then was a hermit in the woods of Alderaan for the greater majority of her years. She didn't know how to act like some proper lady that liked these sort of things. Not to mention she felt a bit awkward in the first place being here, cursing that she had not thought to bring anyone along from the Republic, maybe reasoning that she was their guest rather than having come herself.

Her sigh left her lips again and she straightened up, breathing in and turning to leave the room she had been in, the one containing that mirror she had been using. She entered into the room with a smile touching her lips, a light one that held only softness. She looked around as she walked into the small groupings of people here and there, seeing if there might be the off chance of someone around that might be of interest or that she knew. She saw two figures in particular that stood out to her immediately, smiling to herself but walking away from one of them instantly. Tonight was probably not a good night to approach him.

Instead she moved to find a table with something to drink, she was going to need a drink.

Beth smiled at [member="Kat Decoria"]. She could tell the woman wasn't complimented often, which was sad considering her beauty! The blushes and motions showed as much. "No problem! It's gorgeous." She confirmed with a smile. She nodded as she mentioned living on Eshan. She had run into some Echani not too long ago. That was... An interesting experience, in the least. But, they also wanted to snatch her for whatever reason due to her adoptive mother's position.

Beth brought herself out of her thoughts and nodded, "Yeah, I mean, the people here? I feel so... Well, not the best!" Everyone was so beautiful here - even people who weren't Hapans. Beth shook her head at the mention of the drink, "Oh... Well, I mean, my parents say I shouldn't. I'm not sure." She glanced between the glass and Kat as she debated taking a small sip.

But then she saw [member="Allana Djo"] come up nearby. She had just been walking by but must have overheard them discussing. That made sense - be careful! She stared at the drink in Kat's hand as Allana explained what exactly the drink came from. Force Imbued, a lovely fruit, and made for Celestials? Wow... Beth was certainly curious to take a sip now! It took a second but she realized she was in front of the Queen Mother! She did a quick, awkward curtsy in front of her.

"Wow, it looks amazing, too. I had no idea so much went into it. I might have a little bit of sip, then..." She said, quietly towards Kat. A little sip couldn't hurt!

Continuing to roam the party, Vulpesen drained the last bit of his glass, enjoying the bubbliness of the champagne. Although, even as he drank it, he could feel its effects coming and going, burning through his system as fast as it entered. Handing the now empty glass to a nearby servant, Vulpesen made his way to the bar, his tail flicking behind him as he surveyed the various drinks that were offered. "Hardly a respectable place to wait for contacts, sir."

"Nonsense Lucas. In my experience, the best deals are made with a drink in the hand. One corellian whiskey, please." Watching the amber drink being poured into a grasp, he felt his smile widen a bit more before he reached out to take his new beverage.

"Mercantilism isn't the same as diplomacy."

"Pretty damn close. Come on, Gracin, get that stick out of your ass and enjoy yourself. We are at a party after all. And even better, its one I don't have to break into!" It took an effort not to laugh at his advisor's pained expression as the man ordered another glass of the champagne for himself. Lucas was a good man, and more than dependable. But sometimes, he did need to be reminded to relax.

[member="Allana Djo"] [member="Erin Tenel"] [member="Lelani Sevestra"]

Was the queen mother giving alcohol ro possible minors? Cathbodua looked at her though and there was a tight lipped grin on her face. Well all the better to show what Hapan's had. She could se another as well had appeared and bowed her head towards Erin... she might not be the most.... helpful to the jedi but she was within the consortium and here the Hapan's come first. She was a jedi yes, she worked on it but she wasn't going to wage war or conflict with another. THen she turned to look at the guards and Lelani while she gave a bow of her heard. "Don't sound so surprised my lady." She didn't step much closer but offered the small area to observe and be in step with the queen mother. "I did attend such parties when I was young, alas I was not born a jedi just taught."

Rahn Haaku

Minister of Foreign Affairs, CSA
Rahn was thoroughly enjoying himself. A wonderful soiree, a modest gambling victory, and now this fine fellow basically falling into his lap. He would need to do a thorough background check and stay on his toes while dealing with him, but he had a good feeling about this one.
"As interesting as you are Mr. Woden, we wouldn't still be talking unless I had a job for you..." Rahn said.
Then the neimoidian dropped his voice and leaned closer. "If you have the testicular fortitude to consider a job in Sith space, find me later."

Rahn then returned to normal volume, bowing to Wyden. "Mr. Woden, It has been a pleasure to meet you and thank you for your assistance winning all those credits. Now I am sure you must be eager to speak to the more beautiful guests and I must be off to establish diplomatic relations with the new Queen Mother."

He sincerely hoped that TC-14 had been scanning the crowd and had managed to at least estimate where the new Queen was. The silver plated protocol droid had caught the entrance of several interesting figures. A trench coated man, several mandalorians, one or two jedi, a Sylph and several others...
TC-14 would certainly point them out to Rahn when his neimoidian master returned.

[member="Zye Woden"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom