Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heavy Machinery || CIS Dominion of Shadda-Bi-Boren

2-Shark-Tank.png

Tag: [member="Mara Denko"]​

She was like a kid in a candy store.

It did the heart so much good to set the hurt by the wayside. Each day in and each day out, it became easier and easier to accomplish. Though the weight of what was lost will always remain, Mara and Josiah had found - and would always have - one another. In the here and now, they could take a moment to appreciate what life had to offer. The small, simple pleasures, such as browsing an aquarium, were things that they had taken for granted for quite some time. But, no more. Today, they would enjoy the opportunity to the fullest!

As such, their journey today had found them within a tunnel running straight through shark-infested waters. Though secure, the Jedi did spare a thought to what he would do if the tunnel collapsed in on them. War had, unfortunately, grafted an instinct onto his soul which demanded he be ready for anything. Even as he stood back and basked in the sight of his bride pressing close to the glass, the nagging inclination whispered in his skull. His guard was raised, even now. Such were the scars the warrior carried.

But, it was the chime of his beloved's voice which drew his attention in full. His quip regarding the glorified shark petting zoo had drawn exactly the response he had expected. For a researcher, a world of synthetic lifeforms masquerading as the real thing was a gold mine. He imagined that this was what Mara had to put up with whenever there was a bakery nearby. Excitement. Urgency. The whole nine. At her behest, the Jedi fished the map out of his back pocket and unrolled it in his grasp.

"I don't think the shuttle will fit a full grown...built...shark. Nor do I even want to think about the logistics of stealing one." His words were alive with amusement as he scoured the map. "Ah, here we are! Looks like...down the tunnel, to the left, up the stairs, and across from the stingray enclosure." He closed the map and returned it from whence it came. "Promise me I won't have to be the getaway drive for Grand Theft Jaws today. Please."

Though he joked, when she'd turn, his hand would be there waiting for hers.

teal123.png

Mara Denko

M
2-Shark-Tank.png
Tag: [member="Josiah"]
How he knew her so well was still a mystery to her at times. They'd been apart for so long, and their experiences had been so dramatically different... While he'd been busied with the First Order's war and his own foray into the darkest side of the Force, his wife had pigeon-holed herself into a state of refusal to change. When he'd come back to her all those years later, she'd been as he'd left her... Nearly unchanged but for her wealth of knowledge regarding the Nexus on Moorwood. Perhaps it wasn't such a mystery when she really considered it...

She gave an excited peel of laughter as he produced the map from his back pocket, her own hands abandoning the search and instead reaching for it impatiently as he scanned over it to find the touch tank. The smallest of pouts pushed out her lower lip as he gave the directions and pushed the map back into his pocket. It seemed she'd been hoping to get a look at it herself, but alas. He was always in such a hurry to get to the answer - never relishing in the journey. Oh well.

'Promise me I won't have to be the getaway diver for Grand Theft Jaws', he joked... She scoffed at him as she turned and began to joyfully make her way down the glass hallway, the creatures gliding in the water casting dark shadows over her face as she turned and beamed back at him. "Don't be silly - there aren't even any white sharks in the exhibit." Not exactly a stellar indication of her willingness to follow his instructions to not abscond with one of the beasts.

With that bit of... positive {?} news, she led the way down the hall and towards the touch tanks, the soft auburn waves in her hair bouncing happily along with her pace.
teal123.png

2-Shark-Tank.png

Oh, he saw how it was.

As the Jedi paroused the map that had been declined at the door by his spouse, a certain someone made attempts to see their itinerary. It was not his fault that she assumed most aquariums were laid out the same, and thus he assumed the role of navigator for the day's expedition. Now, having proven that the aquarium was bass ackwards compared to any other that they had gone to, Mara wanted to see what laid upon the magical parchment in her husband's hands? Well, too bad, it was his!

Admittedly, he almost cracked when she pursed her bottom lip out in a pout. Almost. However, she gave up on the tactic just shy of his retrieving it from his back pocket to placate her. But, alas, there would always be consequences in this grand game of spousal tug-of-war. When the map was returned from whence it came and his hand extended, Mara simply...led on. She did offer that smile that made his heart do flips in his chest. (Though, the words she spoke were not exactly...encouraging...when it came to aquatic larceny.)

"...So you're saying that, if there were...Light above Mara, what am I to do with you?" The correct answer was: love me, feed me, never leave me, at least that was her usual response. Nonetheless, Josiah moved to hurredly catch up with the dark-haired woman as she lead the way through and out the tunnel. "Come now dearest, think of the logistics. Surely our ship couldn't fit a great white. And the house? Where would we put it, hmm?"

He would have better luck attempting to convert a Mandalorian to pacifism than he would this fight, but still he tried.

teal123.png

2-Shark-Tank.png
Tag: [member="Josiah"]​

She could almost feel the chest fallen huff he gave as she turned and simply continued on down the hall versus taking the hand he'd offered. It was less about the game of mental tug-of-war he'd convinced himself they were playing and much more about the excitement she could feel building knowing she'd get an up-close and personal look at the beasts inside of the tank.

A toss of those soft brown waves rewarded him with another smile as she glanced over her should in an attempt to assuage his lamentations about her desire to bring one of the sharks home. She knew better - and certainly he'd know that she knew better, but she did love to prod at him when he got into one of these moods. "Don't be silly, Josiah - I'd never presume to fit an entire shark in the house." As the tunnel came to an abrupt halt and they were confronted with a T intersection, the right leading on to what appeared to be another side of the large tank, the left showing a flight of stairs that would lead to another level. "But you remember the bathing pools up on the peak, yeah?"

The tone of her voice was perfect, hitching at the end to suggest that perhaps he'd somehow forgotten about the spot where they'd finally met up once again after all those years. Like somehow, a Master Jedi of the Confederacy would have forgotten about the healing pools near the Light Nexus that was the epicentre of the light-side power within their borders. Of course he'd know exactly what she was talking about, and with some luck, it would have him a touch panicked as he was forced to watch her sashay her way up the stairs and then make a bee-line for the touch-tank she could see across from the ray tank.

A brisk pace brought her to the edge of the tank, her hands resting on the railing that lined the pool they'd just be walking beneath as she leaned over, her hair swaying forward to fall across her face as she gazed down into the shimmering waters. "I think one or two of these could easily fit into the larger pools... I'd even wager that if they're more automation than organic life that they wouldn't mind the heat or low sodium content of the water!" She tossed her hair back over her shoulder as she gave him a brilliant smile, all white teeth and sparkling eyes.

teal123.png

3-Gearhouse-Gardens.png
Tag: [member="Darth Metus"]
Status: "There is a dark place calling to me, but, I will not go just yet. I know I can't return from it."

If she minded that the Vicelord tended to be her opposite in many ways—None would ever know. Her expression remained smooth, so delicate, that it seemed to have made of handblown glass. Everything about her seemed that way. Soft. Innocent. Her very DNA had been manipulated by Arkanian scientists centuries ago. Those changed remained. Her voice was sweet, akin to the chirruping of a songbird, while her general countenance could only be described as ethereal.

She was a weapon. Keenly, wearing the skin of a lamb.

Srina always had that look about her. The grand design, twined with disturbing Echani sameness, but still somehow steeped in otherness. Silver eyes saw things that were much too far away. Her views were deep, complicated, and ever expanding to accommodate new data. Even still…When her Master looked at her now? He would find a vast ocean of things unspoken. Things and thoughts that threatened to wander off the edge of the world—Never to be seen again.

When she spoke to [member="Darth Metus"] it was honest. She could not lie to him. Srina was adjusting. This was the new reality and there was no way to return to the past. She could not undo what had been done. She could not go back. She could not protect her Master, nor Aryn, nor her ch—

Mercurial eyes became solid. Cold, hard, and empty.

They were not alone here. She could sense that others had come to enjoy the sights of the Gearhouse Gardens and it left her unwillingly to relent. She could not bend. An Exarch had to be strong, present, and unassailable at all times and in all things. The woman that the Vicelord reached for had been buried beneath tons of sheetrock and durasteel. The shell had returned. Srina Talon was left behind.

His fingers that wrapped so neatly around her own were her only tether. When he squeezed, she allowed it, and instead, tried to take a sip of tea again. It was a dirty trick. But, her Master knew them all. Tea settled her when she was at her worst. When storms ranged on Ryloth she could always be found watching from the Hanging Gardens or the Observatory. Anywhere that would let her see what the habitation sphere tried to hide.

Srina knew that she would have surprised him with her newfound grasp of what was truly necessary and what was not. He said he was relieved. Her head tilted while Echani eyes picked his words apart with swiftness. He was not, at all, relieved. Still he explained himself—even though, she already, understood. “I know that, Master. You were right. I was wrong. I should have been a better student and listened more carefully. I will endeavor to do that in the future.”

Her concession was interrupted by his eyes falling to her own. They were a tawny shade of burnished orange that she had come to know. It was the sight of twin suns laying low on a dusky horizon. As a child she had failed to note that everyone and everything was connected. She thought, mistakenly, that most things, including color, were concrete. The sky was blue. A table was brown. But the colors she saw now had all changed. It was dependent on the path of the Light.

Or—In the case of a Sith, a lack, thereof.

It was disquieting when one took the time to think about it. There were no absolutes. Everyone experienced a sunset differently, depending, on countless tiny factors. Most people interpreted the Force with just as many varying components. Dark, light, none of it mattered. Only power.

Only power.

“I…have recovered well. My physical injuries have mended and I retain full range of motion in both of my arms. It will not affect me on the battlefield.”

The question hit too close to home. Though she did not flinch or pull away—The Vicelord would still feel something echo between the invisible threads that bound them. It was pure, clean, and agonizing in a way that even a tenth of it could have brought the strongest men to their knees.

It was sorrow.

2-Shark-Tank.png

The smile she gave said one thing, but those lips of hers said another.

Though the better part of the Denko household had begun her voyage along the tunnel, she did pause for but a moment. Turning, her lips curved into a bright smile - as if to say of course I'm not going to think about bringing a shark home. And, for a moment, the first words she uttered following confirmed it. Josiah, therefore, deluded himself into believing that the moment was over and that he had no fear of waking up to a mechanical shark in his living room. Oh, how sadly mistaken was he. As they reached the end of the tunnel, she brought up another possibility that kept the hamster wheel spinning.

The pools. The hot springs. The "these will heal most wounds but also boil Sith alive" waters. Those springs. Those springs? Why though? She didn't say much beyond that until they had made the correct turn at the fork and had ascended the stairs. Once to the surface, haste seeped into her bones at the sight of the touch exhibit. Though she was very much so a grown woman, her excitement was just a great as a child's. She was blissfully happy to make her way to the enclosure's railing. And, frankly, while she was definitely playing in the realm of the absurd...

Seeing her excited and smiling did the heart good. Even despite the heart attack she was working on. "We don't even know their true nature yet." he began, attempting to combat her logic with logic. "Why endanger the pools when there are entire oceanic worlds at our disposal, hmm? I mean, if you're dead set on swiping one..." If he could shift her focus off Monastery, maybe he could get somewhere. But, for the moment, he joined her in dipping his hands into the water and awaiting for the sharks to swim on by.

teal123.png

3-Gearhouse-Gardens.png
Tag: [member="Srina Talon"]​
Objective: I. Will. Save. You.​

The little things.

As time moved ever forward, the Vicelord and the Exarch were not alone inside the greenhouse. A handful of others had come to indulge in what the planet had to offer. And as such, the Confederates would be greeted with a sight that many had come to expect. The alabaster warrior existed as still as a winter arbor. Every moment seemingly calculated and executed with a precision that wasted not a modicum of effort. The Vicelord, in contrast, existed as a dynamic force. His posture was far less refined, but it carried the threat of tremendous power. Alone, they were deadly - together unstoppable. For the average soul, seeing them together meant that, even if the city around them burst into flames...they would survive.

For Darth Metus and Srina Talon were there.

But if only they knew what laid beneath the surface. Over their extensive time together, both had come to witness moments of utmost vulnerability from the other. On Sullust, when rest was ripped from the Sith's hands, he found slumber within her embrace. The Echani phrase for save me fell from his lips those nights. And in turn, when the storms of life rocked the Echani's existence, she steadied herself within the Well with simple anchors. When she was distressed, angry, or lost, she would wander about the gardens and look at the Galaxy projected into the air. With but a twist of her hand, the systems would dance and zoom, focusing upon Eshan itself - the jewel that was her home.

Yet, even before that, she would have a mug of tea. Tea was her strongest anchor at times, one that the Sith always brewed when even the smallest difficulties arose. Tea, for Srina, was the answer if she uttered the phrase for save me. And in that moment, rather than answer straightaway, the alabaster woman reached for her beverage. For her tea. There was an edge to her eyes - one that was not lost upon one who knew her so well. But he did not push nor pry in that moment. He allowed her that moment to indulge - to steady and to save herself within the mug of her favored beverage. And once the drink had settled back upon the table...her response left him wanting.

It was not that he was ungrateful for her newfound understanding. However, the way she presented the facts were jarring. There was never a moment where Darth Metus thought that Srina Talon needed to be a better student. She always listened carefully, when there were lessons to teach. In regards to Alchemy, it was a lesson that he was not yet ready to teach - and one that she was not yet ready to learn. Therefore, he shook his head softly, keeping his response simple. "It's not a matter of being right or wrong. At the time, it was not a lesson that was being taught. I am glad you understand now but, you weren't a poor student by your reaction. And you aren't a poor student now."

As he spoke, his gaze fell upon her. Unwavering, he searched and searched and searched. And though her gaze maintained that pure edge, her words were easily just as hollow as her observation regarding Alchemy. Once more, he found her answer wanting...but just as he was about to speak again, a needle cut into his perception. Yes, a needle - compared to the claymore which had impaled his apprentice. A needle which carried that pain, hurt, rage, and devastation. It flung into his awareness and sank deep: a mere drop of the ocean that was her Hell. Darth Metus blinked...and his fingers tightened gently about her hand.

This he had never felt from here. An endless river of emotion and sensation ran betwixt the two perpetually. He had felt her sorrow when Eshan was wounded. Felt her dismay as Coruscant burned. Felt her fears. Her wrath. But all of her darkest days felt like mere embers to the wildfire that was the present. What could have happened on Kuat to wound her so? Aryn Teth yet lived. She yet lived. The droids could be restored. What was he missing? Just what the Hell happened? "Srini." he breathed, uttering the name utilized behind the doors of the Well. "You haven't recovered. At all."

"You're bleeding...and you know there is nothing I can't do. Tell me what ails you. Amin will leitha lle." [ Echani: Lit. "I will free you." ]

She trusted him with all else. He hoped she would trust him with this.
blood.png

Azura

A
Machini-Tree-Forest.png

Azura was excited at the opportunity to kill some droids, and have some fun all at the same time. Although just as everyone else she thought it was very percular that a whole planets system was made up of droids, even the core structure of the eco-system was droid based. Her task was to investigate and eliminate the droids and bring back any evidence for research. She was happy for the change of scenery, her usual missions were generally infiltrate and assume the role of a person of importance and assisnate a profile target. Asura welcome the change of pace.

Her plan was to land in the heart of the forest away from the others , she wanted to be free to roam without any hinderances or questions. Surveying the layout of the land and her ship touched down in a small clearing, so when Azura was ready would be able to escape into the forest. Once she was fully suited, wearing a standard stealth suit, she had two vibro-swords hilted on her back with two CIS pistols at her side. She exited her ship making out of the clearing and entered the forest.

It was obvious the mechanical bugs wanted nothing to do with Azura, every time one came close it flew away just as quickly, even the wildlife scurried away while she made her way through the thick brush, and long grass. aside the grass while she walked, Azura came to a quite flowing stream, kneeling down she could see fish swimming about. Stirring the waters with her fingers the fish dispersed, seeing a reflection in the waters something was standing behind her. Slowly turning she rose to face something she would have never thought to run into here.

It resembled a wookie, but she knew that it wasn’t, the thing was harry like one and stood about 5’8 and was about average weight if it were human. The thing just creepily stared at her, she stood quietly without making any sudden movements, she would have to act quickly to take this thing down. Being only 5”3 the wookie imposter had an advantage, on the other hand she was physically fit and excelled at hand to combat. She wondered if it had any intelligence at all, she assumed not when the thing poked her forehead. So she reacted and punched it in the face, she started to laugh when it braced its jaw with one hand and made some kind of whimpering sound as though it really hurt. While putting up its other hand signaling that it didn’t want anything more from her.

Furrowing an eyebrow, this was something out of the ordinary, she came to kill, and this thing was so whimpy it cried when she hit it. Now she just wanted to hit it again, it was a droid after all, and it hurt her hitting the thing as well, but she didn’t need to go and break any bones over this thing either. Instead she unsheathed her swords and with a double cross pattern swipe of her blades she severed its head from its body .“Even droids can lose their heads if they don’t think clearly” she remarked. Sheathing her weapons she wondered what else may be out there.
@Krystal Estain

"You have to follow your own path."
Machini-Tree-Forest.png

Objective: IV | Location: Shadda Bi Boren | Tags: [member="John Locke"]

The elder Malvern turned on a heel when he heard Delta's voice chime in from the device on his wrist. "Asher, he's here." Perhaps loud enough for Locke to hear or perhaps not, there would be no telling. When Asher had heard John Locke would be attendance there was a part of the Elder man that was eager to see just who had brought his company so much competition. As it was, Locke's Company was Dunetech Industries' largest competitor. Yearly, the two would enter extreme corporate bid matches for all kinds of programs and contracts. Asher, extended a hand out to Locke, his gruff voice not hiding the pleasant nature that was behind the man. "Mr. Locke. Thank you for coming, although I can't say you've missed much. Most of the teams are just now preparing to go collect samples. However, I did find something rather interesting nearby."

Asher gestured for Locke to follow him, turning away from the clearing and making his way into the thick metallic brush. The older man tucked a hand into his lab coat for a moment before bringing the other hand to his ear. "Hear that?" He asked, falling silent so the Engineer could hear what Malvern had found earlier. There was the soft chirp of metallic avians, but more than that there was a rush of water that filled their ears. "Have you ever seen a waterfall, that wasn't composed of water?" Asher asked with a bit of interest. He led through the brush until they had found something simply extraordinary. The cliff made of a hardened alloy was hundreds of feet high, it was surely a marvel in its own right, but that was not the amazing part. Liquid metal flowed from the cliff and into a synthetic stream, creating the illusion of running water. The liquid was bright and silver, however it was also thick and moved a bit slower than water.

"We ran a scan on it just before you got here. Liquefied metal mixed with some oil-based compound. The entire planet is filled with creeks and streams just like this." The man dipped his hand into his pocket, producing a small metallic vial and holding it out to the man. "Would you like to take a sample of your own?" He asked, before turning his gaze towards the stream. "The metals in the stream should have solidified by now, but they're remaining in a liquid state. Even when they settle along the side of the bank." He said, gesturing to parts of the creak that remained calm.

Machini-Tree-Forest.png

Objective: IV
Tagging: [member="Asher Malvern"]

Dunetech Industries, a name John knew very well indeed. He didn't recognise many rivals in the galaxy, but the man standing in the middle of the clearing was certainly one of them, one of the few men John would actively find himself in competition with. From contracts to technologies, he had always known that when the name Dunetech was uttered things were going to get interesting. If he was honest he had to admit that he was a little surprised to find out that the older man wanted to meet with him, and here of all places. That was, he had to admit, before he's arrived on the planet, before he'd truly appreciated what had been done here, what had happened. A planet of living metal and droids the likes of which no-one had ever seen before. Where better for two of the galaxy's leading technologists to meet?

A metal hand met the physical one, a smile curling up the corner of the John's lips as he took the man's offered hand, shaking it before slipping his hand back into his pocket. "By all means, lead the way. This place is fascinating, I can't wait to see what else you've managed to find out here." He was already starting to run ideas around his head, new designs for droids, new technologies based on what he'd seen here. The reality of the situation was something else all together, something breathtaking in it's impossibility. The engineer had come to a halt at the edge of the bush, dark eyes flicking back and forth, from the cliff to the stream to the waterfall...a pure metal waterfall. He'd never seen anything like it, never imagined that it could exist. Whoever had constructed this planet was head and shoulders above him when it came to their knowledge of metals and how to manipulate them.

The engineer stepped past Asher, the vial in his fingers shaking as he knelt by the side of hte river, it was a river for goodness sakes, dipping the vial into the river. As he pulled his fingers from the river, stoppering hte vial John couldn't help but rotate his hand, watching hte liquid metal running along his fingers, tracks of the liquid running around his fingers. "Have you managed to isolate the oil-based compound? It's got to be the common factor. I've seen liquid metals before," he'd even developed some himself, "but none of them have ever managed to replicate the effects of water this closely. It almost makes you think that..." The man turned his head to the side, dark eyes staring at the river pensively. "I don't supposed you've thought to scan the 'water' for motion have you? Given everything else on the planet, I wouldn't be surprised if we actually had metal fish out here.

Ashara Evanaris

A

Ashara could feel the time pass, not just the hours of the day, but the days turn into weeks even years. What once was has little meaning these days. She has gone through so many different transformations, the physical, mental, emotional. Every aspect has made her think twice about who she really is, it is easy to come to terms with who your once were, not so much when you know you are not the same, or even share the same ideals the once shaped your character.

Ashara was teetering on the brink of self preservation, a crossroads so to speak that would ultimately pave a new path for her within the Confederacy. Her former self was completely drawn into the darkside, now her struggle was with neither light or dark but the doctrine of the night sisters and the book of shadows. Her conflict was letting go of the power she has already achieved. Ashara opted to sit alone in the garden with her thoughts.

Krystal

Smart girls don't win by being polite.
Objective: MachiniTree Forest
[SIZE=10.5pt]Wearing: Discreet armourweave (not[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] her Trinity Armour)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Wielding: Danzatore, DL-44 Pistol, twin Czerka knives. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Tags: @Azure[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/SIZE]

Breathing heavily, Krystal stopped herself mid swing for a break. She could not fight with this blade for too long or it would take far too much. She sheathed it at her side and looked around at the shells of the droids that surrounded her. The scorched parts barely resembled the creatures they were made to be. Krystal gathered up the parts that were large enough to be of potential use, and left the rest in pieces behind her.

Suddenly, Krystal stiffened. She wasn't alone.

The droids in the forest moved silently. They did not rustle and they did not step... so the sounds of small metalloid sticks breaking was from something else.

Then came the scream. She had never heard something scream quite like that. It sounded like a child in pain, who had just chugged a gallon of gasoline... or an alarm. From her viewpoint semi-covered by the trees, Krystal saw a figure through the undergrowth but could not make out who it was. Ally or enemy, Krystal did not care. She was not inclined to share the forest with any.

"Droids aren't the only ones liable to lose their heads."

She stepped towards the woman, one hand on the holt of her blaster but leaving her sword sheathed. She'd allow her time to respond before any attack.

Azura

A
Machini-Tree-Forest.png

While Azura was out in the field, she usually worked alone and this time she wasn’t anticipating having company, but on the other hand if the newcomer turned out to be CIS. Well that changes everything. Azura could go about this in multiple fashions. One. Come out stating the obvious and the CIS. Two. A little test and wait for a reaction. If her plan didn’t work this could get real ugly really fast. Azura didn’t feel comfortable killing someone if it wasn’t part of the mission unless their was no other option.

Azura kneeling down, looking at the remains of what she had she just behead, which as soon as ceased to function turned to ash, unfortunately there wasn’t much left worth gathering. “ Fair plan shoot me, and have me flopping around with out my head my dear” Her next move would either be very stupid or very smart. Her side arm is an confederacy issued pistol, if the young lady recognized it her facial expressions would give her away, if not-Azura would have to shoot her. Unlatching the hilt, she had the weapon in her hands pointing to the ground, and slid the lock off, and back on again.

[member="Krystal Estain"]

Zahra Arcturus

Z
Machini-Tree-Forest.png
[member=Taramaz Laurs] | [member=Lyra Laurs]
A forest of metal instead of wood. Creatures powered by electricity and not the tangible soul Zahra normally expect from mortal beings. Instead of the sound of bark groaning softly in the wind, it was the sound of rusted metal creaking under its own weight. The light was different here too. Instead of being bathed in the muted greens of a forest canopy the great metal branches blocked out the sun entirely. Shadows cut across the surface with geometric precision not found in conventional nature, this world was an aberration, but Zahra Between the pools of light that were fortunate enough to break through the trees insects flitted back and forth. At first the erratic robotic creatures were a source of great amusement to the witch. Her childlike expression followed the hum of their wings as they zipped through the air, in and around as close as they dared to the entity with bleach white skin.

Carefully placed footsteps brought her into one of the glowing yellow halos of sunlight. At first the insects scattered, as though they were darkness running from the steady flicker of fire. Zahra stilled herself, hand outstretched with her palm facing the sky, almost statuesque in her appearance. Her patience was rewarded when a gentle weight pushed against her waiting hand. Moonlight orbs gazed intently at the AI sat perched in the centre of her palm. For a moment she simply watched it, delighting in the sensation of miniature piston legs scuttling back and forth against her skin. As her pale lips curved into a gentle smile the crack of a whip cut through the peaceful silence, followed by a spark of electric blue that illuminated her face. The empty husk that had moments ago housed the peaceful insect AI split in two and ceremoniously collapsed against her hand. Zahra brought the case toward her face to closer inspect the complex inner workings.

Confusion crossed her expression, followed by an airy chuckle of laughter as she realised she knew nothing about robotics. Tilting her palm, the empty shell tumbled to the ground. It was a mere distraction. Taramaz would be here soon, or so she had been told. Repeating the words in her mind like a mantra was agitating. How long had it been since she'd seen him last? Sixteen years? A wreathe of jet black hair cut through the air as she shook the thoughts from her head. There was no point in worrying about it now. She was not here to make amends, and she didn't care if by the end of it they were worse off than when she had first left. So what was the point in worrying? With a sigh she flicked her hand through the air to slice neatly through another insect. The corresponding halves fluttered to the ground and settled neatly against their dearly departed comrade. One red, one yellow, both glimmering in the circle of sunlight.

Maybe she would make him a rainbow. Everyone likes rainbows. Children often dreamt of them, so they must be pure in some way. In quick succession two more husks joined the others, blue and green. A crooked smile overtook her expression as she stared at the beginnings of her gift. Yes, Taramaz would like this. So in the shadow of copper trees, standing on a sheet metal floor, the Mother of Nightmares lay in wait. The steps of her exhilarated dance made her appear ethereal in form, but the darkness was hidden well within, for each move she made meant death for another insect.

Another shade to add to her rainbow.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
Machini-Tree-Forest.png

"Sigh... I don't quite get it." Karlie had landed just 4 hours prior and for the most part had taken upon herself to examine the reported mechanized forest first. First before deploying her first group of B.O.B.1's, her acquired relics of a once advanced Empire, the Eternal Empire.
Her acquisition had come as a take away booty from a lost and forgotten station that had been rediscovered off Drukenwell. It were by invite from a @Darth Taticus to the CIS to come, explore and retrieve ancient lost artifacts and in Karlie's case, once superior advanced battle droids.

Well, the acquisition was the easy part. How to revive, reprogram and upgrade the lot of these once technical marvels was the tricky part. Sure, she could have like anyone just upgraded the processors and equip the bots with modern day hardware and weaponry. But that would have been typical of one who were just desiring killing machines.
Karlie envisioned other options. Sure, the droids would remain functional as battle bots, but she wanted more. She wanted to develop marine bots, much like the Castan Marines that served in the Castan armed forces both on Castagne and in space. She re-engineered their fluidic processors to learn like that of a human child..to develop skills and grow through experiences. Even develop social skills. And upon receiving the message from Castan High cabinet that they had received an invite along with the CIS to come and explore a once thought dead world, now turned auto-matrix, she jumped at the opportunity.
Karlie had not spent as much time with her modified creations as she had liked...not with crisis after crisis turning up at every corner she turned.

Well, here she were now at the edge of the galaxy..literally in the Outer Rim on a once thriving living world of Shadda-Bi-Boren. A world as she were seeing now with her very own eyes... a mechanized world of wonder.

What didn't she get? She couldn't quite understand as to the why? Why would such expenditures go to such extremes? And for what purpose?
Karlie had walked among the few mechanized trees, examined them... the gnarly alloy bark, the flexible metal branches and the solar absorbing leaves that were as functioning as the entire tree was. It were the source of the tree's power, the system's star. And she looked about, picking up the minute details of how the leaves swayed like they were influenced by wind. But it weren't wind at all. They swayed, moved, flexed to angle themselves toward max sunlight. And as the clouds moved, they moved. In retrospect, were the leaves moving all in unison from one tree to another to the entire forest actually creating air movement? It seemed so.

"Bob series 300 to 310..." She got on her com.
"Deploy ..."
Karlie had activated ten of her battle droids to come forth out of the transport ship.

Ten heavy crome lustering battle droids emerged, all standing side by side awaiting her orders.

"Initiate exercise." She said, speaking to them in person now as they stood merely two meters from her

"By your command..."

I am a son of the Mountain.
3-Gearhouse-Gardens.png
[member="Madalena Antares"]
To'kola had lived at least three men's normal lifespans. It was only recently that the large Sandali man had returned to his roots and embraced his heritage. So much had changed from the young man who was found by [member="Darth Metus"]. He had been broken, rebuilt, and set into a strange, unforgiving galaxy. Even with all that had changed, much had remained the same. The War Marshal of The Confederacy had a certain disdain for the modern technology that the galaxy so relied on. Some things were truly marvelous. Datapads, comm devices, and starships were nothing short of amazing. Still, there was some things that the Sandali simply could not understand. As he gazed out of the window, staring at the metallic landscape, he could not understand it.

Why would you create so much artificial life? So much untouched by the old gods and The Force to the point where the world was a grey cloud in the swirling ocean of the Force. His eyes, which held the hue of a crimson star, turned from the window as he felt the all too familiar shift of the Force. He said nothing, but merely pushed himself from the sill of the window he had been propped against. He wore a deep navy jacket over a black shirt and a pair of jeans. Appropriate for the day. Honestly, these days he could wear just about whatever he wanted. With the Knight's Obsidian, the regulation on his uniform was quite strict, not allowing him to shift it, not even a little.

As the War Marshal, his uniform was actually of his own choosing. Of course, he had commissioned a set of military blues for necessary occasions, but most days he would merely wear the war gear of his people. He drew a certain motivation from it, that he was not keen to replace.

In the gardens, he found air that was not quite so stale. A deep inhale filled him with the life around him and brought him a relaxed feeling. He let out a soft sigh of relief. Seconds later, his eyes rested on Madalena. She was combing through the gardens, with a look that was so inviting. Inviting to him, at least. He made his way over to her, just as she reached down to pet one of the garden's brushes. His hand fell over hers and he spoke softly. "I like to listen to their stories." He said, his hand caressing the back of hers as he spoke a bit. He smiled, pressing his lips into the back of her neck. "But I don't need to tell you that. You know this already." His accent had continued to return. To most, it seemed a full accent of the Sandali people, thick and true. However, Madalena would be able to hear the subtle cues of his modernization.

"You should be resting. I am not so far removed from the Knighthood that I do not know how busy you have been lately. It seems you are taking your promotion quite seriously." He inclined his head towards her before allowing his arms to wrap around her waist, pulling her closer to him. "You honor me, my Yua."

4-cog-tower.png
Objective: Locate the Creator​
Tag: [member="Alden Akaran"] | [member="Nathan Vance"] | Open​
Nyx stood before the brick bell tower and its many cracks. Her various sensors probed the exterior of the structure and even attempted an internal examination. Despite its appearance, however, a little touch of her metallic digits on its surface did not turn it to dust.

Others had drawn in close to the tower as well, though one of the Dauntless seemed drawn to another of the Confederate forces. Perhaps her 'mercenary' status in the affiliation did not ingratiate herself to them. It however did not detract from her examination of the structure and her intended purpose on this planet. As a droid she could not take offense, nor was deliberate in making friends wherever she went. They were already allies; there was no need to ply Ministry coercion to them either.

Soon she drifted closer to the door and began inspecting it for the means of entry and signs of any dangers. Just because they had been invited did not preclude ulterior motives. After several seconds, however, Nyx's right hand would lift, turn, and slowly rap on the portal with the back of her knuckles four times. A moment's pause. Then four again. It would be most bothersome if they were not allowed entry for both parties, as the Droid -- a creature not of this world -- was capable of rapping on their door days on end. It would be impolite to keep them waiting, however, and she expected expedient entry. There was much for them to discuss.

Mara Denko

M
2-Shark-Tank.png
Tag: [member="Josiah"]​
She wasted no time as her husband followed along behind her, turning that flash of white teeth back towards the pool as the grinned from ear to ear and plunged her hands into the waters. She was unsure as to the nature of the creatures, just as Josiah had mentioned, but she assumed that since it was a touch tank they were either demure enough not to pose an threat, or this place had top notch insurance - either way, she was covered. Sinking her arms in until her elbows dipped below the shimmering surface, she spared him another glance, watching as he dipped his own fingers into the pool.

"Monastery is where I'm doing all my research on the Light Nexus - you know that. It wouldn't do to have my attentions pulled in all those different directions... Besides, they seem to be tame enough." Her last words were spoken towards the water as one of the massive hammerheads began to skim along the surface, coming well within range for them to reach. Arms reached, her fingers extending as they gently grazed the same of the beast, her eyes widening a touch as she found the length of the thing to be metal. As best she could tell there was no organic matter at all where she'd touched. Fascinating.

As the beast slowly retreated down into the depths, lost to shadow, she turned clear grey eyes back to the one who had thought to bring them their in the first place and positively beamed up at him from her position bent over into the tank. "Do you think they'd let me borrow one of the little ones?... Just to figure out how they operate, at least?" With that thought her gaze became distant and she quickly drew her arms up out of the water, splashing both herself, the floor, and to a lesser extent her partner with water as she did. She glanced along the edge of the pools until she spotted the small plaques that they'd mounted to the glass railing, hurrying over to them and kneeling down to get a look.

They appeared to be quite rudimentary - going into some shallow detail about the fact that the sharks were mechanical mostly, but with some small biological components. Her smile fell a touch as she realized there was no real explanation about how the creatures had come to be this way, nor how they operated... Really more for children than it was someone like herself... Ah well. With a gentle push up from the ground she moved back to the railing and peered down into the water, admiring the shifting shapes as they circled the enclosure lazily. "... Maybe just a little one."

teal123.png

Tags: [member="To'Kola Bakari"]
3-Gearhouse-Gardens.png

A hand upon hers and Madalena smiled. She didn't have to look up to know who it was that was touching her, yet she did so anyway, wishing to see To'Kola's face with her eyes for the briefest of moments before his lips were against her neck. Madalena purred, eyes closing as she enjoyed the touch, and To'Kola's voice in her ear, his return to his original accent, sending all sorts of shivers through her body.

Turning around in his embrace, soon her own arms were around him too. It was almost disgusting, how close and cute the two were together. And she wouldn't give a single inch of it up. Any potential distance between them closed as he said she ought to be resting, and she shook her head wildly.

"I don't know how to rest," she laughed, "And I don't intend on learning how to any time soon."

He was correct though; Madalena took very little time off, running from mission to mission all the time. What few free hours existed at the end of days that didn't require her to be off-Geonosis, she mostly spent with either him or her sister, pending on which schedules ended up syncing.

"But I have something for you, my Lochem," she purred into him before taking a step back, her hand coming up to show him. Just before he had touched her, Madalena had succeeded in pulling one of the flowers free from the hybrid bush. It was a small flower with seven petals, colored like the water of the Spira sea waters. "For your new office," she breathed with a smile, gently offering the flower and an accompanying leaf to him.

They had been invited. They were guests.
4-cog-tower.png
[member="Nyx N1X3"] [member="Nathan Vance"] [member="[/SIZE]Alden Akaran"]

His eyes snapped open.

They were here. He had invited them to his world but they were here at his tower. A shudder seemed to run through the whole building as the intelligent droid dragged her fingers down his wall.

If they wanted to speak with him, then let it be so.

The door by which [member="Nyx N1X3"] stood slammed up, vanishing into the tower without so much as a sound. An identical door opened directly in front of [member="Nathan Vance"] and [member="Alden Akaran"]. Each door led to the same entry room, and would instantly close as soon as the Confederates passed underneath them. The atrium to which they led was large and poorly lit, and every sound made seemed to echo tenfold. No sound would escape him.

There were several doors leading out of the atrium, and a tall, spiraling staircase that started right in the center. It was lit by a torch, the archaic flame seeming to fit with the image created for the rest of the tower.

Machini-Tree-Forest.png
[member="Krystal Estain"] [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"] [member="Azura"] [member="Kaden Farr"] [member="Daisy Americus"]​
They were taking his creatures. They were shooting and hunting and burning and his children were screaming.

The people were not the empires, and the citizens were not indicative of their rulers. So he would not hold the actions of the few against the Confederacy as a whole.

But if they wished to play, he would give them that.

As one, the creatures in the wood blinked. When they opened their eyes again, their gaze was red. They turned each to their antagonists, taking no interest in those who were there peacefully -- only those who would do them violence. They would seek not to kill, but those who came for the thrill of a hunt would certainly get more than they had bargained for.

Ready or not, here they come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom