Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Galactic Economic Conference

Do you have an interest in a thread like this?

• Not ever

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

House Mecetti operates the Obulette Shipyards in the Tapani sector, and there may be valuable business connections to be made.

While House Mecetti is not, strictly speaking, a company, we do have several nationalized industries under our purview.

Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti Box Mattox Box Mattox NO sign ups required! Welcome :D

Edit: NO sign ups required, i was on my phone when I sent that response I'm not sure why the 'no' was no present. Like I've said, its a public thread and no sign ups are required and none will be required for any of my public threads in the future as Public threads are (by the rules) open to all!

Last edited:
As the thread continues to move along and we're nearing 40 posts I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who has participated thus far!

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Niki Priddy Niki Priddy Maëlys Amnen Maëlys Amnen Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr Laphisto Laphisto Jack Sandrow Jack Sandrow Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi Tilon Quill Tilon Quill Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell Castor Crane Castor Crane Cici Alonnia Drekker Cici Alonnia Drekker Tycho Vale Tycho Vale Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund Chessashai Umianai Chessashai Umianai

I would also like to get your honest thoughts about the thread.

How did you feel about the setup post?:
Do you feel the objectives are engaging?
:
What would you like to see in the future?:
Would you want some form of Storyteller interaction?:

I agree with the points above. I think one possibility for getting the storyteller more involved could be having journalists roaming the exhibition and interviewing business owners, inventors, etc. Not only does it help flesh out what businesses are/have to offer, it gives the opportunity for characters who didn't meet in person to later say, "Hey, I saw your interview."

Overall, I've had a great time with the thread so far. Thanks for hosting!

Overall Ive enjoyed the thread. If something similar in the future, maybe the Storyteller can be some type of booming announcer presence? A trade show host?
I agree with the points above. I think one possibility for getting the storyteller more involved could be having journalists roaming the exhibition and interviewing business owners, inventors, etc. Not only does it help flesh out what businesses are/have to offer, it gives the opportunity for characters who didn't meet in person to later say, "Hey, I saw your interview."
Those are both solid ideas and wouldn't be hard to test out, even in this thread.

Overall, I've had a great time with the thread so far. Thanks for hosting!
I really adore this idea, it would definitely help pull characters together

I agree particularly with Tycho, A lot of people didn't get any character interaction and dropped off rather than seeking someone else out. Which was their choice, but fully a third of the poll responses were wanting to do deals as faction representatives, and the 2 'Objective Headers' were show room business and trade floor business. Keeping it down to two was probably wise, but in hindsight maybe there shouldn't have been any, it divided the participants by location/objective and those mostly ignoring that are the ones active other than the writers I've been interacting with. Or the second objective could have been about prowling the floor looking for the promise of contracts or the like.

Really don't worry about the setting, it could have been a street in front of a hotel and people would have written in what they needed. I think that was one of the great things Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau did when the marketplace and auctions were first starting out and they were major successes every time she did an event. Basically she gave an outlet and a framework for passionate writers and let them do what they wanted, while usually just managing an auction or working the crowd at the most.

I dont think a thread like this needs a story teller, but event staff, interviewer, or a presenter would help you curate the thread if you felt the need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom