Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission [GA | NJO] Interception

A SECOND GREAT HYPERSPACE WAR STORY
THE ERA OF RECLAMATION
div-orange.png
Somewhere in space...

Nebula.png

Ever since the Battle of Tython, the Brotherhood of the Maw has been raiding and lashing out at planets for supplies needed to rebuild lost fleets and armies. Many of these attacks have targeted weaker systems unaligned with the Alliance or other Galactic superpowers, but even these planets can count on assistance. For months, listening outposts have been carefully monitoring the movements of Maw ships, hoping to find deviations in their typical patterns.

Finally, an alert was sent out.

A small Maw raiding force was detected, heading for a new target to gain supplies for the war machine, but the Alliance has pulled them out of hyperspace with interdiction technology, and the ANV Tython was dispatched with Jedi Assistance to take it down.

Nyoom.jpg

I — Ambush

The primary ships of the Maw raiding fleet are a pair of Tarantula Class Spider Cruisers, but they are supported by small-craft as well. The ANV Tython will engage to initiate the ambush, but its starfighters and bombers are necessary to keep it protected and neutralize enemy ships. The faster Alliance forces act, the more likely it will be that casualties are kept minimal.

spider_droid.jpg

II — Boarding Action

While the raiding fleet must be stopped, the Alliance is hoping to gain more intel about Maw territory and the movement of its fleets for the next steps in the war. For this reason, Valery Noble Valery Noble has called on Jedi, soldiers, and SIA agents to join the responding task force, so they can board the Spider Cruisers, neutralize the Mawites inside, and gather as much intelligence as possible.

Each cruiser carries up to 40 enemy troops, so heavy resistance can be expected.

BYOO
Got other stories to tell? Feel free to do so!

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Boarding Shuttle 1
Tag | Open

"Alright, everybody ready?" Valery asked as she looked around at those who joined her on shuttle 1, which was heading for its target already — one of the Maw Spider Cruisers. She then made sure her saberstaff was properly attached to her belt and turned her eyes up to the small light hanging above the blast door. Right now it burned red, but the second it was green, the group would be cleared to begin its boarding action.

"Once those doors open, we'll likely hit the first wave of resistance. I'll take point and cover us through the entry point, but try to get out and spread out quickly," Valery called out over the noisy sound of the shuttle's engines and its vibrating hull. The battle outside in space was already going, and enemy fighters were trying to take them down. But she trusted in the Alliance pilots to keep them protected.

"ETA 1 minute!" the pilot of the shuttle called out through the internal comm system.

Valery grinned faintly and pushed herself up to her feet, the hilt of her weapon already drawn into her hand. She had been away from the front for too long after the loss of her husband. But now, it was finally time to make a full return, and she was more than ready to bring them justice.

"It's time. Let's show them what we got, hm?" her fiery eyes briefly glanced over her shoulders to the others, before the light turned green, the blast doors opened and a series of crimson bolts illuminated the dark hallways of the Maw cruiser, as its defending troops opened fire.

Two violet blades ignited on each end of her saberstaff, and she pushed forward through the chaos, shielding those directly behind her to launch them into the battle.

ValSword.png

"ETA 1 minute!"

"Mother f-" Yula scowled as her eyeliner pencil trailed from her lower lid onto her cheek. Even her steady hand wasn't immune to the jostle of the shuttle as it rocked towards the Maw cruiser. Hurriedly, she rubbed her face with the back of her hand, turning the dark line into a smudge. "Fething Maw," She hissed and pressed harder, managing to remove the worst of the stain.

"It's time. Let's show them what we got, hm?"

"Yup just-"
A quick coat of mascara, two blinks to keep her lashes separated, and Yula pocketed the cosmetics. You can't fight Sith if you ain't cute.

Leaping from her seat, Yula ignited her saber and followed Valery's lead as the Jedi stormed the enemy ship.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

The Zabrak's heart was pounding in her ears as she rode the shuttle with Master Valery and the others, clutching her lightsaber tightly as she focused on calming herself. Her first introduction to a warzone had her literally get karked in the mind and sliced up enough to earn a few new scars.

But this wasn't that. This was a proper deployment along with several others. She wasn't alone. That was all that mattered. She wasn't alone and she wasn't that pathetic little skug anymore that crashed on Panatha.

She only heard Valery speaking at the tail end of it all. It was surreal to see her again. First at the hearing after her return, now this. Twice she was only a few feet away from her, twice she was denied the chance of talking to her. Perhaps it was for the best. What was there to say? She lost her chance to mean something to the Jedi Master when she acted like an animal at the gala.

With one last breath, Ara looked to the door and dropped her cloak, gripping her oddly constructed lightsaber with both hands as she waited for the light to turn green. The Shistavanen she spoke to once mentioned not stopping in a breach or deployment. To keep moving and get into cover while covering those that came after.

The doors swung open and her senses went numb. As it time slowed down, Ara leapt into the fray and ignited her green blade, batting away blaster bolts as effectively as she could as she pushed forward to whatever cover she could find. Sound returned to her as a blaster bolt smashed into the wall right beside her head. She didn't even realize that she had pulled her head away on instinct.

Feel. Don't think. Trust your instincts.

"We movin' up or what?!" She called out as she continued to bat bolts away and reflect them to their shooters, hoping to get a bearing on where to go or what to do.

She really shouldn't have eaten before deploying...

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Yula Perl Yula Perl | Open

Miri stared at Yula as she attempted to do her makeup on the way to the drop point. When the shuttle jostled, causing the Zeltron to curse as she smeared her eyeliner, Miri asked the question that was no doubt on everyone else's minds: "Why didn't you do this earlier?"

Granted, it at least gave her something else to focus on other than the presence of Ara on the shuttle. The Zabrak had evidently served her time and was already back in business. Miri supposed the NJO was desperate for active Jedi to fight in the wars, but of course she was uncomfortable with it. Ara could've killed her. She was lucky she walked away with only a concussion.

Well, she would stay as far away from her as possible during this mission. As the shuttle docked, Miri was among the last to go, not wanting to risk having Ara at her back. She wound up exiting alongside a girl even shorter than she was, who seemed to want to avoid everyone, period.

Immediately, they were flung into the heat of battle. Miri let the others cover her as she took aim and fired, shooting at the Mawites with her pistols.

Keeping to herself, Thelma tried to be the last person off the shuttle. Another padawan had the same idea, however, and the two were nearly squished together in the airlock.

But Thelma got free, and before she knew it she was aboard a Mawite ship. There was a lot of noise, a lot of blaster bolts flying around, and everyone else was only concerned with survival. It was perfect.

This wasn't Thelma's first rodeo. She launched herself straight into enemy ranks, taking out a few surprised enemy soldiers before disappearing around a corner with a stunned one in tow. She reemerged minutes later, wiping her mouth on the back of her hand, then went back for more.

Oni hadn't expected his first official deployment in the conflict against the Maw to be so chaotic, but where they were boarding a shuttle. Master Noble had just given the battle plan, which Oni didn't take long to process. Tactics came rather naturally to him. As the door open, the blaster bolts came quickly, one almost hitting a Zabrak padawan who had joined the boarding party.

"We movin' up or what?!"

"No time like the present," Oni shrugged. "I figure I can-"

He paused in his tracks as he saw a familiar face out in the fray already. Thelma Goth. She seemed to be a capable fighter, dragging a few Mawites around a corner before emerging unscathed.

"Well, fortune favors the bold," he shrugged.

Oni drew his force imbued blade, rushing out and deflecting incoming blaster bolts. As he got deeper into the ship, he opened his mind to the force. A visible shockwave of energy was sent rippling down the hall, launching a few Mawites. As he turned back to Thelma, he saw her wiping her mouth. Odd... Perhaps this was the time to see if she was truly a witch or not.

"Hello again," Oni greeted, deflecting a few more blaster bolts. "I didn't expect to see you out here. I though you stayed in your room."

Howell Calren

H

white.png

Objective: Investigate Reports of stealth raiders in the sector

"All Stations Report in." The captain listened as each of his bridge crew sounded off their particular station's report, moving as clockwork just as they had been trained to do. While some of them were new to him, many of them followed him from his last post where he'd been the XO aboard a Missile boat. off of them looked up to the naval officer whose brainchild had been this boat and her older siblings, and he trusted all of them to get the job done.

"Captain, the Crew is at alert status and all stations report ready status. The board is green," his Executive Officer, Commander Lagenda (Core name for Stybla'gen'darodo), reported after each member of the command staff had finished. "Stealth Systems?" "They won't do anything to mask our hyperwave signature from reversion," sounded off the officer in charge of the stealth systems aboard the ship, "but they're active." The captain refrained from noting that jumping in behind the Tython would hide the Winter's hyperwave pattern.

Without speaking a word, The Captain sent a glance to his sensor operator, and the holomap in the center of the CIC presented a hologram of the system, including not only the planetary and other natural features of the system, but the location of ships picked up on normal sensors, the precise position of the Winter Celchu, and, most importantly, the location of any contacts detected by her state-of-the-art Crystal Gravfield Trap.

Peering at the map for anything out of the ordinary, Howell stood over the holotable, flanked by his XO. Looking at the holomap, he searched out in the darkness, looking for the skulking prey he expected to appear.

spider_droid.jpg

Objective: Board the enemy ship
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble / Thelma Goth Thelma Goth / Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan

div1.png
"Haven't we already?" Silas said with a calm smile from across the ship, lightly rolling his shoulders as they prepared to storm the ship. For most of the trip, he had been constantly looking across to Thelma who was naturally towards the back. As far as he knew this was the first mission he was a part of with her involved. Deep down, he just hoped she and the others will get back home safe after such a dangerous mission.

Taking a deep breath he slowly made his way behind Master Valery and took out his saber, forming himself into a stance where was prepared to bolt straight out alongside her. Moments later, that very thing happened.

When the doors opened he ran out quickly towards a pair of mawrites aiming their weapons at him. They fired at the teen only for it to return right back at them, one hitting the chest of his companion to leave him limp on the floor. Silas moved in for the kill and with a swift rotation sent the brutes head rolling across the floor. Two down, only a ship worth to go!

"Come on Ara, enough muttering!" he said with a determined grin as he turned and ran with his master further into the ship.

Last edited:

NktQpQb.png

CRUISER TWO

div-goldiguess.png

To be expected.

The initial touchdown on the other cruiser was less bombastic than the other. It was no mad dash of burned tibanna or horde of crimson sabers, no more than a scarce skeleton crew was there to meet the young Jedi upon arrival. Rakaan bounded from the single one-man starfighter, seemingly buried beneath the robes and cloak, with his blue blade thrumming into existence. Between the few armoured Sith, the dance was brief and ended with their death throes. He was simply better, the touch of pride flooded to Rakaan as he advanced over their corpses.

He stowed the blade into the then belt-mounted hilt and turned across to the astromech that rolled across the metallic floor. It was an undoubtedly common occurrence for the two to be thrown into the thick of it, mostly as a result of his own volunteering. Just as it had been now. But often times, Master Korvan was here to ensure Rakaan stayed in line. Not this time.

Rakaan waved a hand across to the access port, "Slice into the ship, Arfour. I need a layout of this thing."

To which was accompanied by a series of electronic chirps and whistles.

spider_droid.jpg

Boarding Shuttle 1
Tags: Thelma Goth Thelma Goth , Silas Westgard Silas Westgard , Valery Noble Valery Noble , Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan , ect...

"Why... where did you even come from?"

"That way," Oni stated, gesturing down the corridor. "I saw you over here and figured I'd give you some cover."

One Mawite, more desperate than his contemporaries, threw himself at the two, vibroblade in hand. The swordsman quickly stepped to the side, letting the soldier pass between them, but not before getting in a blow of his own. As the Mawite went by, his left arm and leg flew in either direction, his now dismembered arm bouncing nearly hitting the corridor ceiling.

"Strange," he noted, "There seem to be no Sith amongst their ranks. I had assumed one might appear in a situation such as this... You're good with a blade. Where did you learn to fight? I recall you saying you were new to the Order."

div-purple.png

Shuttle One
Near: Valery Noble Valery Noble | Yula Perl Yula Perl

Hollis stood behind Valery Noble, watching as the Jedi Master prepared for what was to come. She couldn't believe she was here – and about to enter the first battle of her life. While Master Noble seemed to radiate confidence and bravery, Hollis felt anything but…

She glanced over to see a pink-skinned woman… was she putting on makeup?

"Erm." The nervous sound escaped her Master Noble took began to lead them forward. Her hand tightened around the hilt of her saber as she ignited it – a purple-hued blade. It was relatively new – as her master had only just deemed her competent enough to trade in her training saber. She took comfort in the steady hum and the warmth she felt from the crystal housed within… she'd found it on Tython when she had first met Justice Lesan.

She would hold onto this memory as she, too, moved after the Jedi Master.

There wasn't any time to think, which was probably a good thing because Hollis was definitely prone to overthinking. When the blaster bolts came flying, she tried to remember everything her master had taught her so far.

Today, Hollis hoped to make her proud.

I'm a bit under the weather... so I may be slow. But I'll catch up with PVE stuff when I can :D

I don’t need help!” Thelma protested, impaling a Mawite who had run up behind her with her blade.

While Oni took care of another enemy soldier, Thelma took the opportunity to try and get away from the nosy Pantoran.

"You're good with a blade. Where did you learn to fight? I recall you saying you were new to the Order."

I-I’m not new to the Jedi,” she stammered. “Just the New Jedi Order. Why are you following me? Please go away.

She was hungry, but couldn’t feed on any more Mawites as long as her teammates were around to witness it.

II — Boarding Action

Alex had a determined grin on his face as he gripped the hilts of his lightsabers tightly, ready to ignite them the moment he cleared the shuttle and boarded the cruiser. Behind him, his companion, SIA agent Seku Bondara, stood with her left hand gripping his right shoulder, ready to move the second he did.

"Not so tight, hirani," Alex said with a wince. "My shoulder's still a little sore from that ordeal at that Imperial blacksite!"

"I didn't think I was squeezing that hard....sorry."

"Don't worry about it now, it's time to move!"

Alex exited the shuttle, his lightsabers flashing to life the instant he entered the cruiser's hallway, blocking crimson blaster bolts and sending them bouncing back towards their shooters.

"So much for that downtime we promised ourselves," Seku grumbled, squeezing off a couple blaster shots over Alex's shoulder. "I'm beginning to think SIA has a homing beacon surgically implanted somewhere in me! They ALWAYS FIND ME WHEREVER I GO! ALWAYS!"

"You're just getting paranoid," Alex replied with a smirk.

"It's not paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you," Seku shot back.

"I won't argue with that right now. We've got work to do. So what exactly are we looking for in here?"

"Find me a computer terminal I can plug into, I need to siphon off as much intel as I can get ahold of."

"I've never been in a Maw ship before, how am I supposed to know what one of their computer terminals even looks like?"

"I'll tell you when I see one. For now, don't stop moving!"

TAGS- OPEN

spider_droid.jpg

Objective: Stop the Boarding Party
Allies: Maw
Enemies: Valery Noble Valery Noble Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn Yula Perl Yula Perl Shem Spinner Shem Spinner Thelma Goth Thelma Goth Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan Giselle von Ascania Giselle von Ascania

GM1OQzU.png

The Wrath of the Maw continued the great work of the Brotherhood. As Warmaster in the Maw's campaign against the Alliance Kyrel would attend the mission of gathering more meat for the Mawite force. The Master of the Knights of Ren had seen some raiding forces successful, but he was afraid of any Alliance forces in the area. Being so deep into the Core, raiding parties behind enemy lines were daring, and often costly ventures. The undead nightmare couldn't risk the chance of losing precious resources on which he could exact brutality upon his foes. The journey outside of Maw occupied worlds was quiet, the fleet was fairly small as the Devourer wasn't meant to be used for raiding rather than sieging entire worlds.

The Maw's Wrath was on the bridge, his unsettling presence affecting the minds of the bridge crew. Often trading frightened glances with each other they felt the dark corruption of the Wound. The trip was quiet, and as they slipped into GA territory Kyrel briefly thought that there would be no interruptions. As soon as the thought entered his mind came the blaring of sirens sounding. It was all followed by the shaking of the spider cruiser under a hail of turbolaser fire. "For once I thought things were going according to plan." He spoke aloud irritated. "My Wrath we have detected what seems to be a Alliance Destroyer... They are launching boarding craft." The captain spoke nervously, gripping the holoprojecter bracing wave after wave of turbolaser fire that pounded into the Spider cruiser's shields.

"I sense someone I haven't felt since...." He paused as he recollected the familiar stench in the Force. "Noble..." He said with a sharp hiss, his words made it sound like she was an old friend. In truth she was Kyrel's hated Jedi enemy. The sirens kept blaring, the dark halls of the Spider cruiser were dimly lit in crimson light adding a foreboding sense of eeriness to the craft's atmosphere. The Wrath would walk in heavy steps towards the sound of a door being cut, the sounds of sabers humming, blaster fire, screams and the scent of dead flesh that had clung to his nostrils. He would quicken his pace towards the sight of the breach, while Maw raiders would run with blasters, rusty blades, and even the Alliance's own gear used against them. All of them would run into combat against the strike team that boarded the vessel.

The Monster would loom over the Maw raiders engaging what looked to be Noble, and a Jedi strike team of sorts. Blasters being shot he thought that she had dragged Alliance agents, or soldiers perhaps to aid her when either mattered little to the Wrath. With an ugly smirk hidden behind his death mask, the towering shadow would approach the team slowly. One of the Mawite raiders standing in front of the Wrath would find himself impaled by the forked tipped points of the Hunger. The dark spear would glow red as the Sith runes would flash from the malicious weapon. His eyes staring into them all. "Valery Noble.... I see you came, and look you brought appetizers." He paused with the word 'Appetizers' made to sound with ravenous intent eyeing everyone in her party. "What host would I be if I didn't give you all a very warm welcome." He said with a cruel laugh pointing his spear at the Sword of the Jedi. "I heard they made you Sword of the Jedi." He said her title with a scoff, as if it had left a bad taste in his mouth.

Just the New Jedi Order. Why are you following me? Please go away.

Oni was completely baffled by this. Asking to be left alone in a war zone? Hadn't she ever heard the 'safety in numbers' mantra. Such a thing was hard for Oni to understand. Comradery had been encouraged by the Je'daii when the Rakata laid siege to Tython. It gave them unity and helped repel the dark invaders.

"Following you?" he remarked with a frown. "This is a war zone. There's an inherent strategy to not letting the unit be thinned out."

His curiosity aside, he had been acting in the interest of tactical advantage. It didn't seem very wise for a student to run off on their own, especially when launching an assault on the enemy. Had she taken any classes on battlefield tactics?

"I don't care how strong you think you are," Oni continued. "If you come across someone who's stronger than you, there's no safety net from-"

The Pantoran paused, a chill running down his spine. This was a darkness unlike any he had ever felt before, rivaling that of the Rakata. A user of the Bogan was amidst them, a Sith, as they were called. Oni turned, just in time to see Kyrel Ren emerge, striding towards the rest of the group with an evil relic in hand. He had never seen a creation quite as evil as that in the hand of the Sith, even in the hands of the Rakata.

"Someone like that," he muttered, his attention now fixed on the Sith.

But there’s many more people over there!” Thelma pointed down the corridor to where the others were running around, deflecting blaster bolts and cutting down Mawites. “There’s your safety in numbers! One person alone can be… can be stealthy!

It was the best excuse she could come up with for her abandoning their allies in favor of going solo. But Oni evidently wasn’t buying it.

So Thelma quickened her pace, trying to escape the inquisitive Pantoran. She turned a corner—and crashed right into the huge hulking figure of Kyrel Ren.

The impact left her a bit stunned at first. Shaking her head to clear it, she craned her neck to look up into a face shrouded by a black death mask. Luckily for her, Kyrel appeared to be completely focused on Valery, stabbing his spear toward her and taunting the Jedi Master. Flanking him was a retinue of Mawite disciples who immediately began to point their weapons at Thelma, eager to defend their leader.

Using her lightsaber to defend herself from their shots, Thelma quickly backed away, returning to the group of Jedi at the other end of the corridor. Despite her hunger, she certainly didn’t want to go up against a Sith Lord all by herself.

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ

jand_spacer.png

spider_droid.jpg

CRUISER TWO
Equipment

jand_njo_spacer.png

LANDING SHUTTLE

Dressed in his Jedi robes, armed with his typical assortment of weapons, Jand prepared for the battle ahead.

It wasn't difficult, it wasn't as though the Nagai had to get into any specific state of mind. Rather, Jand had checked his equipment, ensured everything was operational, and had started to focus the Force. Around milled other soldiers from the Galactic Alliance, those that would storm the second cruiser and spread throughout the corridors and passageways to secure locations vital to the mission. But, Jand's main purpose was to engage the bigger threats alongside his fellow Jedi.

One such Jedi was Daisy Masudo.

"I look forward to fighting alongside you," Jand said as he turned to regard the other Jedi Padawan, his gray eyes regarding her. "There have been increasing recounts of your skill with a blade... I am eager to see your skills in action."

Being a Nagai, there was a particular interest for Jand toward those that were skilled in dueling or solid sword use, and Daisy's reputation was known to him. It had been a shame the two hadn't been able to ally more on other missions up until now. Either way, Jand had the opportunity, and looked forward to it.

Not long after, the transport shuttle landed on the heels of a Jedi starfighter, and the rampway opened to allow the assaulting force entry to the Maw cruiser proper. Jand began to jog amid the soldiers, as he reached for his lightsaber hilt and pulled it free from his belt, before he looked around and caught sight of a Jedi Knight who stood over several Sith bodies.

Jand approached the individual he knew as Rakaan Horne.

"I am Jand Talo," The Padawan said, as he stopped near the other. "I will be assisting you against the Sith."

Jand turned and looked for Daisy...

jand_spacer.png

Allies: Rakaan Horne Rakaan Horne | Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo
Enemies: Maw
Engaging: N/A​

spider_droid.jpg
SPACE | SPIDER CRUISER 1
TAGS: Giselle von Ascania Giselle von Ascania | Open
GEAR: In bio
YaMJjjt.png
Ara tried her best to keep a calm mind as bolts continued to fly at them, forcing her to continue blocking as she tried to move up towards the Mawites in the hallways. The close quarters made it hell to evade the oncoming blasterfire.

But her fear and nerves were gnawing at the back of her mind, causing her to slip and let one bolt through her defense. The bolt grazed her shoulder, forcing a grimace from the Zabrak as she ducked behind cover for a moment. She clutched at the wound, though the sounds of the battle were a far bigger concern for her. The constant blaster shots, the lightsabers swinging to and fro around her, the roaring battle cries of the Mawites…

Her breathing was picking up drastically as she tried to calm herself to no avail. She clutched at her head as the sounds and memories of Panatha resurfaced, the same splitting headache forming all over again.

The sound of a blaster shot close to her drew her attention. She didn’t even realize that tears were forming in her eyes. In her tunnel vision she watched as none other than Miri Nimdok laid down returning fire at the Mawites onboard. Her heart sank at the sight of the woman. The one she hurt, the one she despised despite not understanding why. That same resentment resurfaced. The same resentment she was fighting every day to work through and find peace in what happened.

Trust your training.

”Don’t seize up.”

If you seize up…

”... You’re dead.”

A dead soldier ain’t no use to anyone.

”Do something, even if it’s the wrong thing…”

... But whatever you do, don’t seize up.

With another deep breath, Ara forced herself towards the girl, her lightsaber providing a form of cover for the girl as Ara focused as much as she could on defending the two of them. ”Come on, let’s move up!” Her shaky voice called out over the carnage as she slowly moved forward, her green blade whirring back and forth to block, deflect and reflect oncoming bolts. As long as Miri could keep the gunfire up, they could gain ground.

”If we can break through one of the hallways, we can circle around and take ‘em out.” She continued as she took one step forward after the other.

qMmCnXs.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom