Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Terrac applauded alongside [member="Ultimatum"] . Was he really happy for Kay and [member="Veiere Arenais"] ? Mostly, yes. His grudge against her remained, however. There were some things he hjust couldn't see himself forgiving. Einon hadn't returned, nor had he been heard from. It made the old pilot wonder if he had been locked away somewhere, or if his grudge was worse.

Still, Terrac just smiled and did his best to just enjoy the moment, letting his whiskey aid him in forgetting the past.

Kay smiled to [member="Macoda Haberon"] as he had approached first, then followed by a surprised [member="Darlyn Excron"] . Mac knew what was coming, yet Darlyn, she wasn't so sure if he knew. It didn't matter though as he was about to find out.

She placed a hand on Darlyn's shoulder, looking to him instead of at everyone else for the moment. "Darlyn, your dedication and loyalty to me since Bespin haven't gone unnoticed. You have helped to maintain the safety and security of myself and the Commenori during my darkest days of recovery. And so, from this day forth, you are no longer the Head of Security, but our Minister of Justice. Congratulations."

Kay turned to Mac then. "Of course we can't leave such an important position like Head of Security vacant." She reached up and placed a hand high on his shoulder. "Your start in my employ was a bit of a rocky one, but you found your footing. Your loyalty and dedication to my safety, despite the obsticals my stubborness can give you deserves proper recognition. So I am honoured to give you the role of Head of Security. Congratulations."

She applauded them then, ever so proud of all four men that were with her right now. She was blessed, truly. Without them, Kay was sure that she'd be lost. Kay turned to Veiere. "Now that that's all over...I'm starving. Shall we go and eat?"

The reception was in the tent next door. However the ceiling of the tent was way up in the trees, providing cover if there was rain, but not low enough to disturb the natural setting. Many tables adorned the area, plenty of foods and drinks from the planets of their allies. And of course, there was a head table.

Desserts however were nowhere to be found. And neither was the wedding cake. Kay had special plans for that part of the day.

2-pinterest.jpeg

41e3bff8b228abc018731056a4bb3f3a.jpg

[member="Bradshaw Ku"] [member="Harvey"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Lauri Törni"]

The ring, the rumbling sound of metal dashing against steel as his eyes popped, a metallic flare of movement as the kitchen fell into a brief moment of despair. The tension that had built, the anxious feeling of dread if they failed their duties overwhelmed them as Thraxis, or D3P0 as he now referred to himself as, started to whisk and roll out from the Kitchen, a large tray of teas and crumpet's as he strolled out with a wave of waitresses and butlers around him.

They slowly rolled out slipping and moving through the crowd of people like the plague, but only one of them was carrying. His form rolled through as he scanned them over, looking for anyone of some significance. His peering eyes caught a glimpse of Kay and her cavalcade of compatriots. Gathered around talking, no doubt scheming, plotting for their next large plan. Thraxis eyes peered past that, too risky to go around that lot, instead vouching to go for the lesser guarded targets.

He quickly looked to his HUD scanning over the few, he was a little shocked to not see Santiago in the crowd mingling in his brooding manner, but simply shrugged it off as the man doing his job. Whatever that happened to be at this point with Darlyn snatching his job from underneath his feet. His HUD popped up a few names of use. Daxton Bane... Master, but I don't think he is part of anything like the Resurgent Empire or its ilk. Just put him on the backburner. Joshua DragonsFlame, well another Master, but he is part of the Silver Jedi Concord or whatever they call themselves. Pass. He snapped his fingers as he passed through the crowd, offering entrees of crumpets glazed with honey and a small cup of Tea. The few who accepted the later were met with insidious glee hidden beneath his fabricated mask of gold.

He continued to slip and slide like water through the cracks of rock sas he went through the major names, Kalyr Alor... Mandalorian... But not a master. Nice change of pace but. They aren't doing much that I know about. Next. He didn't want to deal with the Mandalorians, their whole Honour thing would only mean a bombard of cannon fire and death if they even smelt treachery on his end. Rex Cruger. Ma- Oh wait no Knight. But nothing major. He gave a sigh of relief as another took a cup of tea in his passing before scanning over a few others in the crowd. He looked to see Ultimatum, instantly shaking his head, Yeah, he ain't drinking the Tea. It was a little hunch, he had an idea that Circuitry and Tea of any variety ended poorly on anyone's half. And the last name that ran down was Laurni Torni. Maybe the most refreshing one of them all, he wasn't a master. But he wasn't a part of a bigger collective. What was Thraxis to do? Was he cursed? No, he shook it off, took in a deep breath and look around, instead opting to go for the everyday man who was invited. Surely someone would come eventually. Though that eventually might take longer than he thought.

He was happy.

He was happy, seeing his friend finally find that happiness she had deserved so much... She had been so distraught, lost without her original husband. Now she was happy again. That hole in her heart was filled, and he'd been able to see it. He did not speak, he did not do much but smile, and clap... And think about the fact he intended to give Kay a big hug later. Sure, it was true she might not appreciate it the way the old Kay would have... But to him, it'd be special all the same.

If the coronation had gone by, he'd zoned out at some point and didn't remember. All he remembered was that the reception had began, and so... He began to walk around, looking for [member="Lady Kay"] to give her said hug.

Mac soaked in as much of his brief moment of fame as he could. It had been a while since his pit fighting days, and this would probably be the last time for a very long time in which Mac would have the spotlight on him. Being a head of security was not exactly a glamorous position, at least not compared to a prized pit fighter. No one would be cheering his name nor would any line up to see him fight his opponents. But Mac was extraordinarily thankful for his promotion. He had worked many jobs as a mercenary, but this one was far different. He wasn't doing it for the money or glory, he was doing it because he cared about the people that he would protect. [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Bradshaw Ku"]. They were as close to a family that Mac had, and he would be honored to stand by them.

Here I stand.

After the applause for both [member="Darlyn Excron"] and himself died down, everyone took their turn to enter the reception. Mac was very hungry indeed and the hulking mercenary, or rather captain now, pleasantly dismissed a few people who tried to congratulate him on his promotion. He went over to the nearest table and began piling a plate full of food. Once his primal instincts had been temporarily satisfied with delicious meat, he looked over the heads of everyone there, looking for Kay.

While Daxton engaged in small talk and polite conversation with the guests brave enough to be seen conversing with him, the Sith was going thrpugh the motions. While business was good and there was always a need for Red Raven merchanise, he knew this was the cost that he needed to pay to continue with his more lucrative experiments, that and the fact business provided an excellent means to launder his ill gotten gains.

Which reminded him, he would need another batch of test subjects......no that was demeaning, how about volunteers, that had a much better ring to it. The last batch of volunteers were nearing the end of incubation period and he would know soon enough if the gene splicing was successful or not. Still he would need to stay for another hour or two, least his departure raise so many unnecessary questions....

Minister Excron. Honestly it did sound nice. Darlyn couldn't help but chuckle a bit as the applause hit, letting the moment sink in a bit for [member="Macoda Haberon"]. For all the faults he had with the guy, if [member="Lady Kay"] trusted him to give him his old job, well he'd have to be pretty forgiving of them. At least on the surface. Not to mention he was fully aware of the paperwork the poor guy would be dealing with, not to mention the stress of vetting. For all the questioning he could do there was never really a calm feeling you'd get, you'd always have lingering doubts.

Still, he had some confidence that in the security there would be little lapse with Mac in charge, the man was a fierce beast when it came to fighting. Very quietly he allowed the reception to begin, and everyone to slip off. There were very few people that congratulated him, as he expected. Mostly guards, who lamented that he wouldn't be as frequent to the barracks as he used to be, but still delighted he received recognition for his work. He gently took the praise, and sent them on their way to continue their jobs. Speaking of which... Darlyn slowly moved up behind Mac, and made sure the man turned to face him before speaking.

"Congratulations on the promotion. Here, you'll be needing this for the rest of the evening." He took his comlink, the one still connected to the guardsmen channel, and gingerly pushed it into his hands. "You'll find everything in the office should be well kept. I'll have everything of mine moved out by tomorrow." He offered a surprisingly genuine smile, before nodding his head and wandering off. "Take care of yourself, Haberon."

With that, he went to find a seat, and had his own meal, very small as it was. And then, of course, he sat back, smiling as he watched people wander about.

Kay-Larr

Kay kept her hand in Veiere's as they walked into the reception. She smiled to everyone that met her gaze and walked over to the head table where she took her seat. The jewels on her dress made it a bit awkward to sit down, but after a bit of adjusting, she managed to do so. Already others had started on their meals and so she did too, picking out some of the meats and veggies. She was hungry. Nerves had prevented her from eating much earlier in the day, but now she was fully prepared for a proper meal. There was no need for speeches or anything else. All that was left was dessert and to give [member="Veiere Arenais"] and [member="Bradshaw Ku"] their gifts.

She tilted her head a bit as she saw [member="Thraxis"] in disguise handing out tea and crumpets. Of course she was unaware of the disguise. What drew her attention was the movements and of course the tea. Perhaps she'd have some later.

Music played softly in the background, meant more for atmosphere than to interrupt. People needed to be able to hear who they were conversing with without shouting, afterall.

Kay started eating, looking to Veiere, hoping that he was happy enough with how today unfolded. She was just happy that nothing had gone wrong. More than likely he could read on her face that she was plotting. Inbetween bites, she spoke up to him. "I have a surprise for you and Brad when dinner is over. It's a bit of a present."

While everyone was in the reception area, the hall where the ceremony took place was being prepared. Long lengths of ribbon were being scattered all over, some winding through chairs, some connecting to pillars, others leading to some of the desserts, small boxes, bottles of brandy. By the end of it all, it looked almost like an organized mess, or some ninja warrior ultimate test. At the doorway, all of the ends of the ribbons were connected in a bunch, awaiting the moment when the guests would be allowed to venture there and discover what it was all about.

[member="Macoda Haberon"] [member="Rex Cruger"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Harvey"] [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] [member="Lauri Törni"] [member="Kalyr Alor"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Cadan Tazi"]

He waited until [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Veiere Arenais"] had passed him before he did a complete 180 degree turn in the spot and followed after them. He kept his eye on the crowd as they made their way to the reception. I haven't seen a weeding so beautiful since my sister got married to that Trandosian He thought to himself and then realized that she had been made a slave after that, and that he had killed the man to free his sister, but it still was a beautiful wedding.

As they got to the reception he did a quick look around the room checking for anything out of the ordinary, bombs, gas, anything that seemed out of place. His HUD scanned the room after he had finished giving him a second reassurance before he accepted the fact and made his way to stand behind Queen Kay and her new husband.

He would stare out blankly into the crowd only barely able to see [member="Thraxis"] moving around as a waiter in his peripheral vision. He leaned down towards Kay and whispered in her ear, "If the entertainment doesn't come I have a few Force Ranger things I could pull until they boo me out of the wedding." He said this with a teasing tone and a light smile as he straightened himself and his face becoming a stone frown again as he returned to his position behind her.

[member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Daxton Bane"] | [member="Macoda Haberon"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Ultimatum"] | [member="Harvey"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Kalyr Alor"] | [member="Bradshaw Ku"] | [member="Cadan Tazi"] | [member="Stardust Raxis"] |

Taking their seats at the head table, the pair were accompanied by their chosen friends who had agreed to present them to one another, so to speak. [member="Atheus"] would take to Veiere's right as best man and beside him be joined by Terrac while [member="Bradshaw Ku"] and [member="Kalyr Alor"] would take to her side. The guests, their friends and family would be left to file in after them and be greeted by a banquet appropriate for such a union as well as a royal gathering as the head party of the Commenori people. Such a display of meats and salads, breads and wines, all kinds of fruits and servings that made the mouth water upon sight awaited those who were gracious enough to share with them this day. Glancing to Kay as she made hint of a wedding gift, Veiere grinned in response, their Rings being his contribution; the Promissium Annulos of which his best man had set into work for them before this grandiose ceremony. "Take a closer look at your wedding ring, love" he spoke back to her quietly. At first glance she wouldn't have noticed it with the pair so close in proximity of one another yet if she paid attention enough, she would feel the aura of the force empowering their connection, linked through the sharing of the jewelry. With a bit of a smirk, he winked at her somewhat cheekily before turning for the table and reaching across for the first bottle of wine he could see. Pouring himself a glass, he then turned to look to Atheus and offering the bottle his way knowing that Kay Larr didn't partake in the habit. Once upon a time neither had he though that time had long since passed and such a liquid made the nature of politics that much easier to stomach.

He would wait until everyone had found their seats before rising from his own, tapping one of the serving spoons against his glass in order to get their attention and nodding to the rather quaint musicians as they ceased their play of music and allowed him the silence he needed to toast the event. "My friends, up until now my lovely wife, our gracious Queen has done much of the talking but such a time would not be fit without giving you all my thanks and appreciation for joining us here today. As your King I am humbled yet it's as a Man that I stand before you all today and am most proud to have received your company. Both Kay Larr and myself have shared a great deal of time working for what we believed have been in the best interests of the Commenori people. This world has become part of us, it is our home and has been our passion and privilege to help provide for" he smiled, pausing to give some time to allow the words to fill the hearts and minds of their guests before turning his attention closer to home. "I would personally like to extend my thanks to our good people in the Ministry. [member="Darlyn Excron"] and [member="Macoda Haberon"] who even before today have been working hard to provide Commenor with a strong security network, keeping us all safe behind the veil; your promotions were given not as a gift but as evidence to the hard works you have given to us, recognition of jobs well done and a sign of our faith in your continued service to the people. My good friend and the best man, Atheus who has frequently made his ventures away from the Iron Empire to support us not just as an ally from another nation but considered one of our own; and Terrac who has been a trusted friend of the Queens and a good friend of mine, a bit of a grump but nothing if not seasoned" he chuckled softly, joined with the few others that knew the older man well.

"Finally, there are a couple others that I feel deserve to be named here today. [member="Ryn'Dhal"] and [member="Ghorua the Shark"], personal friends who alongside [member="Ultimatum"] came to the peoples aid during a difficult time for Commenori Leadership" he did not need to explain the incident, they would be able to assume after some thought, the event that he was to thank them for in their given aid. Darth Prazutis attempt to coil his fingers around the trade world for reasons still not quite known to this day. "We are truly honored to have such friends willing to give their all for our people. It is bonds such as these that give us the strength we require to move forward; Compassion and integrity that is the very heart of the Commenori people. So thank you, all of you...-And enjoy yourselves" He laughed softly, bowing his head in acknowledgement to everyone of the people there before slowly returning to take his seat and seeking the comfort of his glass of wine again, feeling somewhat awkward though knowing he'd have regretted not saying something later.
[member="Bradshaw Ku"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Macoda Haberon"] | [member="Harvey"] | [member="Stardust Raxis"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Ultimatum"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Daxton Bane"] | [member="Thraxis"] | [member="Cadan Tazi"] | [member="Lauri Törni"] | @everyone else​

Ultimatum was silent, in deep thoughts. He was truly glad to have been invited and to be welcomed to this party. To be here to witness the union and return of the Queen. There were few indeed that he felt so honored for. Few organics had accomplished such a feat in his time alive, and no artificial had equaled [member="Lady Kay"] or [member="Ryn'Dhal"] in his life. What did that indicate of his existence, that he had yet to find any of his own kind who had yet to even closely equal that of his organic kin? Did it say something about his kind, about his people? Were not the artificials capable of being as sociable and open as these organics?

Such a thought line was bound to lead to a deep sense of darkness. Thus Ultimatum turned away, knowing that the occasion was far too cheerful to allow such thoughts to exist in his mind at that moment. They could wait, as did all other of its ilk in his mind. The darkest of thoughts and beliefs could wait, there was no harm in them yet. In time they would be purged or accepted, as was Ultimatum's want. But for now, it was a time of celebration, not brooding.

And so, thought the droid did not speak, he smiled joyfully. He sat with the other guests to the momentous day, but he did not partake in the evident meal to come. Ultimatum had yet to add proper consumption to one of his body's features, for now the food or drink he consumed would only cause complications if not outright damage to his systems. He nonetheless, was gladdened to participate here. When his name was spoken he looked to [member="Veiere Arenais"] and nodded his approval. He had been glad to help Kay and Commenor, though it had been hard at the time to accept that she had fallen from the light. He had been all the more joyous when she had turned back. The droid promised himself that no matter what came, no matter what evils should befall her, Ultimatum would protect Kay and her household. He might never say it, but that promise would be his to bear in silence or in speech. He hoped that the day would never come where his oath would turn against him.

Kay-Larr

Kay had to laugh at [member="Rex Cruger"] 's suggestion of being the entertainment for the evening. She half wondered what Force Ranger things he could do. She didn't really watch the show, but that didn't mean that others didn't. What made her laugh more was how quickly he went back to his stoney expression. She really liked the man. He was a great choice for watching over her.

And then [member="Veiere Arenais"] told her to look at her wedding rings a bit more closely. Kay studied them; their look, their weight; and then it hit her. They had a bit of power of their own. No wait, they amplified power. She looked up at Veiere to catch his cheeky grin and wink. It was then that she understood. It wasn't just the ceremony and newfound intimacy that strengthened their bond. The rings further entwined them together. Should anyone try to capture her again, finding her could be much easier.

She began to eat another morself of food when Veiere suddenly called for everyone's attention and began a speech. She was quite surprised by it, having not expected it at all, but it was a very nice gesture. Kay looked at each of the individuals that he spoke of, including Terrac, whom with the help of his whiskey, seemed to be less grumpy than usual. When the topic of there being a difficult time for the leadership came up, she found herself just staring straight ahead at nothing in particular. It was a difficult time and so was the aftermath. There were still issues that she had to deal with personally, but for the moment there hadn't been any time.

Kay applauded when it was over, the reactions from the crowd pulling her out of her thoughts. She smiled at her husband. "Well said, my dear, well said." She leaned over and gave him a kiss as the music begain playing again.

Today was a perfect day.

[member="Bradshaw Ku"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Macoda Haberon"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Harvey"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Lauri Törni"] [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Kalyr Alor"]

Lauri stood at the back of the party, chatting with fellow soldiers occasionally. He knew almost no one here personally, and those he knew were guards. He was happy for the queen and her family, but knew no way to express this. He maintained his neutral expression, watching the party go on. He could recognize a few people, like the queen's inner circle and dignitaries form other worlds, including the mechanical sovereign of Mustafar. Lauri wasn't particularly hungry, but ate anyway out of politeness. Fancy parties and social gatherings were not his strong suit. Occasionally a person would engage in conversation with him, and Lauri would chat. Soon [member="Veiere Arenais"], the new king gave a speech, for which the crowd grew silent, and after which the began socializing again.
Finally Lauri decided to get a drink, and enjoy himself to the best of his abilities, despite his discipline and training screaming at him not to let his guard down.

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Ultimatum"]
[member="Rex Cruger"]
[member="Darlyn Excron"]
[member="Daxton Bane"]
[member="Macoda Haberon"]
[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]
[member="Thraxis"]

Standing behind the group as [member="Veiere Arenais"] said his speech. He was a good talker he had to admit, and held him in the highest regards, he enjoyed guarding his wife as well. [member="Lady Kay"] was a fun loving person and let him be a little less serious then he was used to in assignments, which was relaxing in a job such as was his own. She tried to keep it more casual then formal and he liked that, but she was serious when time came to it, and he had no problem with that either.

His eyes continuously wandered the crowd, and his HUD scanned the people one by one as his head turned throughout the room. It helped him secure the room better then with just his eyes, making him that much better of a guard then normal people would be. It did have its constraints though as he basically lived in it, but it did have a holo-projector making him look like he had a normal appearance most of the time, but he liked messing with Kay with it sometimes too, ah the rancor, that still made him laugh.

[member="Bradshaw Ku"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Macoda Haberon"] | [member="Harvey"] | [member="Stardust Raxis"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Ultimatum"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Daxton Bane"] | [member="Thraxis"] | [member="Cadan Tazi"] | [member="Lauri Törni"] | @everyone else

So tedious but necessary, this game of smoke and mirrors they called polite conversation. Gods above and below, it almost made him miss the total chaos of a good battlefield. Finally the meal was over and time for refreshments, taking a glass of wine, he joined some of the guests as they explored the surroundings as he savored the moment. He considered approaching some of the obvious military officers about the possibility of a military contract for the Ravens but he decided to hold off for the moment. There would be ample time later for business once the festivities were over.

Kay-Larr

By the time everyone had finished eating, Kay smiled and got to her feet. She took [member="Veiere Arenais"] ' hand in hers and then looked to those within the tent, valued friends and family. "Everyone, I have surprises for you all. If you'll just follow me, please."

She took [member="Bradshaw Ku"] 's hand as well and led them around the table towards the large tent where the ceremonies took place. Kay led them through the ribbons in a predetermined path to the ends of two who's ends were dipped in a golden paint. Besides the ribbons in a hodge podge organized mess, there were little boxes, mid sized boxes, and even the tall tiered wedding cake that looked quite plain, until moving projections of designs and images were displayed on it.

"Everyone, grab a ribbon end and follow it. Just as in life, there are many twists and turns. You'll bump into many people along the way, but in the end, there'll be a reward." She made sure that Veiere and Brad had specific ribbons in hand, and then urged everyone to start. At the end of Veiere's, he would find a box with a datapad inside. There he would find images and schematics of the Kingsguard. At the end of Brad's, he too would find a box containing a datapad, but his would contain images and schematics of the Ventus. Others would find within their boxes bottles of Commenori Brandy or jewelry made with chrysopaz gemstones. Some held various desserts, others hand flowers. All parting gifts for those that attended.

C9Ur3MAWsAEaj2h.jpg

61842078a3f68907a188debedca9.jpeg

Reign-4x09-8.jpg

[member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Macoda Haberon"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Harvey"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Lauri Törni"] [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Kalyr Alor"] [member="Rex Cruger"]

He stood there eyeing the food the whole time knowing that he would have his own plate after the dinner was over and everyone had left, but he was hungry and really liked what they were serving.

Before he could do anything about his hunger [member="Lady Kay"] stood up with [member="Veiere Arenais"] and [member="Bradshaw Ku"] and told everyone else to follow them. As he took his spot behind the group he eyed the way Kay moved all the way to the large tent that had been put up with the ribbons and the boxes with interesting things inside. He knew he had been given one in particular, he personally thought that Kay was going to play a practical joke on him but he just shrugged it off.

Moving among the ribbons he saw a certain one that stood out and saw the little figure of the dog on the end and sighed as he followed it bumping into a few guests as he made his way along it. Twisting and turning he held on to the rope his eyes fixed on his hands as he slid along it. He was coming close to the end, he saw some people opening their boxes and seeing jewelry or wine and other drinks, he wondered what he would get, he wasn't sure but he hoped it was something awesome and expensive. As he made his way he saw the box and ran his hands over it slowly and finally popped open the lid to find.... a bag of dog treats. Glancing around he took the bag and hid them under his armor, he wouldn't be judged if he had anything to say about it.

[member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Macoda Haberon"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Harvey"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Lauri Törni"] [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Kalyr Alor"]

Darlyn raised an eyebrow when everyone was urged to begin this game of Kay's, with yellow ribbons to follow. He quickly found one that seemed fitting for him, and followed it along. He was more than able to avoid bumping into too many people, until he slowly began to reach the end. He was rather curious what awaited for him in particular. He never asked for much, especially from Kay, and she knew plenty enough about him to know there were very few things he enjoyed that could be packaged up. Of course, when he found the box at the end, and opened it, he couldn't help but laugh.

Turning around, he managed to catch [member="Lady Kay"]'s eye and lifted the gift, a large bottle of Commenori brandy, and gave her something of a toast. He then promptly opened it and began to drink directly from the bottle. Of course there would be rumours about the strange new Minister of Justice, and his likely alcoholic tendencies, but he didn't particularly care. It'd been so long since he had a chance to properly drink, he was going to enjoy the opportunity to do so.

[member="Rex Cruger"] [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Lauri Törni"] @Ultimatum @Veiere Arenais [member="Macoda Haberon"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Thraxis"] @Stardust

Lauri made his way through the crowd of people, avoiding most. He did run into a lovely young lady, but continued on his way. When he found his box he opened it, and a look of joy spread across his face. Commenori miniature cakes, a food Lauri pounced on when given the opportunity. What's more, it was his favorite brand. They were expensive, but they were well worth the expense. Lauri had had these once due to their cost, but the taste stayed with him, and the thought of them never failed to bring about a happy reaction.

He looked around, debating how he should eat the gift he had received, and saw the head of palace security drinking a large jug of brandy, undoubtedly from the gift box he had received. Lucky bastard. If Lauri got caught drinking like that in public, he'd never hear the end of it from his commanding officers.

[member="Darlyn Excron"]
[member="Rex Cruger"]
[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Daxton Bane"]
[member="Ultimatum"]
[member="Veiere Arenais"]
[member="Macoda Haberon"]
[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]
[member="Thraxis"]

Indulging his host, Daxton followed the trail of his ribbon to a giltly wrapped box. This was most unexpected, no one ever gave him a gift before so he did not know what to make of it. Perhaps a trap or an elaborate ruse, no that did not make sense. There were no disturbances in the Force to indicate anything was amiss. Besides today was supposed to be a celebration, so with some dread, The Sith Lord began to unwrap his gift.

Looking inside, his face scrunched in confusion. Perhaps there was some mistake, but everyone else seemed to getting something they wanted or deserved. So he had no doubt in mind this was intended for him......but what message was trying to sent in his direction.

Reaching forward to observe it more closely, he could not help but admire the craftsmanship of the piece. One single piece, without obvious seams or pieces but clearly a lot of sweat and thought went to it. Winking at his reflection on the highly polished mirror surface, he chuckled in delight at the hand mirror he received. A very welcome addition indeed to his collection of precious objects from around the galaxy.

Ultimatum followed the instructions given and found once more the massive tent to be inspiring. Perhaps it was merely the fact that he knew what had happened here, that the wedding of a dear friend had occurred. Ultimatum wondered if that was a part of his more organic side, that which was created by his maker. Whatever the reason, he was glad to have returned to this place. He was distracted by this for a moment and was a little late picking a ribbon to follow.

The droid was a little peeved by the mess, not that it was a bad thing. He appreciated the effort that must have gone into preparing the pathways and intricacies. He walked quickly, as most had already gone ahead and the ribbons that had crossed his had mostly been picked already. Yet still he came across another guest, for a single moment he thought he recognized the man, but then it passed just as quickly. In that second he had felt an undue amount of terror, as if oblivion itself were upon them, yet looking again at the man who smiled and waved before continuing to follow his own ribbon Ultimatum could not tell why. A frayed circuit perhaps?

Something to care of when he got home, for now he logged the information and then continued on. Forging a path along the petite ribbon it twisted and turned, as if following some enigma of nature it followed no direct path. In a way it was a simple pleasure to follow a guided path. It was not something that he often was able to do, for he believed to himself to be blazing new trails in his purpose. It was a mindless procedure, but one that he was enjoying.

But as with all things, the journey came to an end, the ribbon stepped up and up until at last reaching its final destination. Ultimatum gently plucked the box from its place and opened it. Closing it once more, the artificial looked for [member="Lady Kay"], but gave up the futile endeavor before opening the box again. With a quiet snap it shut and the droid moved out of the way for any other stragglers. What was in the box? Did it truly matter? The intention, the purpose, they spoke far louder and more profoundly than any physical object. Not once had his creator given him a gift, excluding that of life, and here he was receiving a present from an organic who he had only truly come to know recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom