Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[member="Bradshaw Ku"] and Veiere both glanced back at each other offering an exchange of surprised glances in response to this revelation of gifts that they were being exposed to. Moving to the table to where Kay led them and gestured to their presents on the given day of celebration, Veiere cocked something of a smirk back at his beloved wife as if to say 'you shouldn't have...'. Regardless of whether or not those thoughts would reach her telepathically, she'd be well able to read it from the expression on his face, both that of gratitude and reluctance to open the box wrapped in ribbons that looked far more expensive than they needed to be. It was a curious occurrence in all honesty, not only had Kay prepared gifts for the two of them but so too everyone else who had come to witness their wedding and the coronation and promotions of those few within the ministry of government.

Reaching in to draw the Datapad from within it's gift wrapping, Veiere glanced back towards Kay wondering what exactly she had planned up her sleeve. She knew he had a handheld device of the like, already...-A tool of great frustration to his often vocal distaste too, thus it was no secret that he loathed such things when not absolutely necessary. Activating the device with a swipe of his index finger across the screen, the datapad came out of hibernation to display a full article titled The Commenori Pheonix: The KingsGuard. "Oh dear..." He murmured to himself under his breath, easily able to assume where this was headed. The QueensGuard had been Veiere's gift not only to Kay but to all of Commenor as it stood to represent their Queen, the duties of which it would fulfill in the name of peace and neutrality, a testament to their ideals and tolerance for peoples of all nations and backgrounds so long as they respected those living around them.

The Phoenix was however not at all alike the QueensGuard. Rather than being the make of a Battle-Cruiser, this was a far more personal vessel yet not as small as a light freighter like the Vagabond of which carried a wealth of memories before it was destroyed during the battle of Voss. The KingsGuard instead was a scale larger, the make of a Corvette with more than enough room for two starfighters, plenty of living and storage conditions as well as a private workshop of which Veiere sorely needed since the loss of his private estate within the hills. Turning to look back towards [member="Lady Kay"], he smiled adoringly to her, his pleasure in receiving this gift going beyond words in that she would be able to sense across their bond within the Force.

[member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Macoda Haberon"] | [member="Harvey"] | [member="Stardust Raxis"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Ultimatum"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Daxton Bane"] | [member="Thraxis"] | [member="Cadan Tazi"] | [member="Lauri Törni"] | [member="Rex Cruger"]

Oh? This was an interesting little twist. Gifts for the wedding-goers? Bloody hell, this woman was going to make him regret not doing this when she attended his own wedding with [member="Shmi Labooda"] and man, did that feel bittersweet. Of course, it wasn't a wedding that Kay would have remembered anyway, considering her present memory loss. But he would shrug his shoulders, a light chuckle escaping his lips at that as he would pick a box and pull at the command. Some complimentary drinks were inside... And he smirked in turn.

"Well, since Shmi couldn't attend, I'll certainly have to drink to Kay's health and her happy marriage, with her when I return home" He would decide to himself with an amused tone of voice in his quiet mutterings. He had still wanted to approach [member="Lady Kay"] and give her that hug, but with everything going on, he didn't quite want to interrupt her. He would wait until she was less bothered, he supposed. All he knew was, this was her special day and he wanted to congratulate her personally, and with an embrace to boot... Sure, she didn't remember him that well, but... Perhaps one day she would remember him fully, and this would mean that much more then.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay smiled, watching [member="Bradshaw Ku"] first as he opened up his gift. He was more than just excited. He was speechless for perhaps one of the first times in his life. The question in his eyes was clear. He wanted to try to speederbike out. She gave him a quick nod and then pointed behind her with her thumb to give him the direction of where to go to get it. Within moments he was out of there like a shot.

Now she watched [member="Veiere Arenais"] as he opened his gift. She couldn't help but laugh a little as he seemed a bit puzzled with the datapad. Then it hit him. Kay watched with clear amusement as he brought up the information on the KingsGuard. She gave him a quick kiss, ever mindful of so many others hanging about. "You're welcome."

Her attention then turned to the others in the room while they opened up their gifts. She caught a glimpse of [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] looking at her. The look on his face suggested that he wanted something. She waved him over. It was her hope that everyone was enjoying themselves. But already she was itching to get out of her dress and into something more comfortable. The jewels were starting to feel heavy on her. Something to keep in mind for future outfits.

His attention was caught when [member="Lady Kay"] appeared to notice his gaze and called the Jedi Master over. Considering he'd been about to give up on talking to the very much popular newly married Lady Kay and go home, he had been surprised when she would call him out to come and speak to her. So when she would motion him over, he would shrug his shoulders, turning and walking right back to Lady Kay, greeting her with a big, overjoyed grin.

"So, you finally did it, huh?" He would tease as he would gingerly take her hands into his own and smile. An actual, genuine smile.

"I always wanted nothing more than for you to be happy, Kar-Lar... You have no idea how overjoyed I am to see you finally attain that. I... I know you don't remember a lot about me. But... We've been through so much together and throughout that, I've just wanted to see that happy ending for you. It means a lot to me for me to be here today to celebrate all this with you, and I uh..."

He chuckled a bit.

"Oh for karks sake... What I'm trying to say is... Congratulations."

With that, he would gently pull Kay-Lar into a gentle but firm hug.

"And I'm proud of you... Very proud."

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay smiled as [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] approached, looking down to her hands as he held them. She looked into his eyes as he spoke. She didn't remember much of him yet, that was still true. It annoyed her greatly to be missing large chunks of her memory. Yet the words that he spoke nearly brought her to tears.

She held him as he hugged her. "Thank you...I could remember some day. And when I do, you'll be at the top of my list of people to contact. The fact that you have been nothing but helpful means a lot."

She let him go and straightened out her dress a bit. "I'm just glad that there hasn't been any wedding crashers."

"Well, try not to keep me waiting forever... It'd break my heart if you didn't remember me even on my deathbed" He would joke, grinning cheekily. "Our picnic got postponed, is a shame... But I'll make sure to get in touch with you by datapad and we'll schedule a proper one and fix that soon..."

"... After the honeymoon, anyway" He teased, a wicked grin crossing his face in turn.

"But I mean, it's not like your amnesia means we can't hang out like we used to" He would admit, shrugging in turn. "You don't have to wait until you get your memories back to contact me, you know. You're still the same Kay-Lar to me, memories or no memories. So if we gotta make some new memories, whether your old ones return or not... Well, honestly, that's fine with me. I'm just glad to have my friend back" He would add, smiling a bit in what he had admitted.

As he let her go, he chuckled at her remark. "You just jinxed it. You totally just jinxed it... Watch it happen now, anytime now..." Josh would crack, shaking his head, knowing full well that it was far more likely to happen now. "Any minute now, more like."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom