Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

True to his role, Darlyn only now seemed to emerge from the shadows, helping people to their seats while he listened intently to his com link. As the still Head of Security for the day (though admittedly he wasn't aware of it), he was taking this event security with almost paranoid seriousness. Kay had few real rivals, but they wouldn't be opposed to crashing a party. It was amazing he hasn't shown up in body armor, despite the dress code.

When people were seated, he found a spot in the corner of the room. He gave a nod to [member="Stardust Raxis"], a friend he had made over the course of several training sessions and drinks, and to [member="Macoda Haberon"], a man he both detested and, in a warped sense of the word, admired. They hadn't started out on good terms, and they really hadn't gotten friendly l, but the darksider had learned to tolerate, and occasionally appreciate, the man.

He glanced to the door as he waited for [member="Lady Kay"] to arrive.

If either one was smart they would show up on time, well unless there were unforeseen circumstances like say a kidnapping for instance. That wasn't to say that was the case here, and it probably wasn't but it could be. Whoever would be stupid enough toaccept the job would soon learn to their dismay it was a suicide mission when theyhave a least one very pissed Sith on their trail. Daxton might be even forced to intervene, well at least try, the last time he tried to mediate it lead to a system wide civil war. But then that was a different time and place and besides he was much younger then......

Veiere turned and shot [member="Atheus"] something of a look in warning and jest, "Careful now, this one is challenging enough as it stands. Do not tempt the boy" he smirked, releasing a quiet chuckle under his breath before then turning to look to [member="Bradshaw Ku"] offering him the same mock-glare that his brother had earned, "I would hate for his training to become any more difficult than it currently stands. He has a long way to go..." Veiere mused, a way of getting back at the lads teasing with a small jest of his own. Among friends these were all naturally idle threats, a play on words to get the humor running thick. The light hearted mood boasted well for him, in all honesty; the whole affair was certainly not his idea of a well spent day though if he could focus on the share fact that it was one to be had enjoying themselves and deter his thoughts on being Commenor's new face of leadership alongside Kay, then perhaps his patience wouldn't be so stretched thin.

Terrac it seemed would soon excuse himself and seek out the company of another, [member="Ultimatum"] of whom Veiere hoped at some point the pair could come to discuss their own perspectives over the past. He didn't know a great deal about the individual in question other than to say that he was some sort of highly advanced droid or possibly even a cyborg of some make, a blend of sentient and machine; though any guess was an educated one when it came to Veiere's knowledge over such things, truly ignorant of the higher complexities, perhaps the two might find a common ground to relate one day. He genuinely wished to thank those who had come to try to support [member="Lady Kay"] in her return away from the Darkside, back during one of Commenor's most vulnerable periods.

Soon enough, Kay's Cleric of whom had already wed the two in privacy once, passed in front of him and turned to offer Veiere something of a knowing smile. Veiere dipping his head in respectful greeting of the would-be 'holy man', divine in his own beliefs in any case, the elder man sought to call to the crowd that the ceremony come to get under way. Glancing between Bradshaw Ku and Atheus, Veiere shook his head pessimistically though forced a smile too as if to laugh at the situation they were finding themselves in. Already at the center of the ordeal, all they had to do at this point was wait for the arrival of his wife, Brad's mother and the worlds Queen.

"Drinks are on me, if we make it through this charade..." He muttered under his breath to the both of them, sounding ever so the proof of his nerves for the given moment. He hated being the center of attention and it was only due to his feelings for Kay and their finally being able to be open about their love for one another, that he was accepting the title of King. Glad for Bradshaw however that the boy was finally to be recognized for the man he was, he took comfort in the fact that this all meant well for people. Though Veiere himself would not actively lead in government, his place within the Order of Commenor and the 'Royal Family' being something more than a lone figure would likely bring confidence to those they sought to protect.

[member="Stardust Raxis"]

"Sister, huh? And a queen yourself? Well, that's an interesting path to take."

He chuckled in turn when she spoke of her little one.

"Good luck... From one parent to another" He joked, shooting her a cheeky grin in turn. When it was announced it was time to take their seats, he would nod his farewells to Stardust and go to find a seat. He would sit alone, unless anyone he knew or not went and decided to sit beside him... Not that he expected anyone to anyway. The woman he'd come to see was the star of the show, after all... She'd be on the podium.

Lauri sat in the very back of the ceremony room, ready to jump out and get his pistol if needed. Why had the queen not shown up/ If kidnapping was involved, soon all of Commenor would be tearing the operation down. If an assassination took place, Lauri would be on the hunt, even if he had orders to drop it. Someone would die. The assassin or Torni.

looking around, he saw several of his friends within the castle Barracks, all under command to be on guard most likely. The head of palace security was here also. soon, the hushed silence would break, and a worried buzz would begin. Where was [member="Lady Kay"]

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]
[member="Veiere Arenais"]
[member="Daxton Bane"]
[member="Darlyn Excron"]

Looking at the woman who could very easily be the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, All I could do was smile as she spoke to me. Even as she wrapped her arms as close as she could around my frame, and yet, I felt as though this could last for a lifetime. It was ended as soon as she released me from her arms. Walking over to her chests, and removing the crowns, I took them as per her aid.

Nodding my head with a slight grace, I began to take one of the crowns and its pillow. Looking at it, All I could think was the idea of seeing her, and the chance of watching her become what she was meant to be.

Looking over to her, I offered my arm out for her to take. Using my elbow to open the door for the both of us.

"I believe it will soon be time for me to give you to your husband."

[member="Lady Kay"],

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Kalyr Alor"] was speechless it seemed, at the sight of her dress. She wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not, but decided in the end that it was a good thing.

Kay took one crown and pillow in hand while Kalyr took the other. He led them to the door, smiling a little at the thought of soon belonging to [member="Veiere Arenais"] not just in private, but to the public as well. That'll be one secret no longer being held.

They walked down the spiral staircase to her office where [member="Rex Cruger"] awaited them. Kay approached him and held out the pillow and crown, urging Kalyr to do the same. "I'll need you to follow us and look after these, please. The coronation will be held right after we are wed." She handed it to him, glad to have the coronation and promotions to think of. It'll sooth her nerves. For some strange reason she was nervous. It had to be the dress, or maybe the thought of having to kiss in public and having it broadcasted for all to see. She wasn't sure. Bride jitters more than likely.

Kay walked quietly with Kalyr across the field to the trees where the tents were set up. The breeze played with her gown, but fortunately the strings of jewels held it in place.

https://youtu.be/5EW8QDA_YP0

The guards straightened up as they approached and music began playing. There were no flower girls or bridesmaids. It was just Kay and Kalyr, followed in behind by Rex with the two crowns. She looked at those gathered in tent and smiled, glad that the venue wasn't empty. Her eyes then found Veiere, standing near The Cleric with [member="Atheus"] by his side. Her husband looked amazing in his two-tone ensamble. It was less casual than what he wore during their private ceremony, but it still looked comfortable. He was handsome and he was hers. The rest of the day would be spent by his side, as busy as it may be. But such was the life that they were given.

Kay stopped as she neared the front. She gave Kalyr another hug before turning to face the Cleric. His eyes twinkled as they both bowed their heads to eachother. She then reached out and took Veiere's hands, assuming the same stance as in their private ceremony. She wasn't sure what to expect for this one.

The Cleric raised up his hands. The music faded in the background. He now had the floor. "Fellow Commenori and guests. We are all here to witness the union between our Queen and her chosen man, Veiere Arenais. Each of you know them very well, so I'll spare the details and the long speeches. But regardless, through trying times, through hardship, their devotion to one another has never faltered. Their strengths and weaknesses compliment eachother. They are two halves of one spiritual being, connected in life and in death. This moment marks the day where they are joined for all to see. Kay...Veiere...do either of you have anything to add before we proceed?"

She nodded to the Cleric, though her eyes were solely on Veiere as she gave his hands a gentle squeeze before she placed one hand over his heart as she had done in their private ceremony. "I wouldn't be here today, Commenor would be in a very dark place without you. Words cannot express how grateful I am and how much I love you, but you know. Through whatever challenges we face, we will overcome them together. And nothing makes me happier, nothing makes me more proud than to be your loyal wife."

Now it was his turn to speak, if he had anything to say at all. Veiere might notice that this time, the Cleric didn't have any ribbon on him. But his eyes still held a twinkle, still held a secret.

[member="Bradshaw Ku"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Macoda Haberon"] [member="Harvey"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Lauri Törni"] @everyone else

He took the two pillows from [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Kalyr Alor"] with a bow before falling in step behind them. He would watch as the guards straightened up as they saw and heard the approach of the Queen. He would smile softly fast before straightening his look into a serious demeanor, he glanced into the crowds, watching for trouble, as was his job, but he hoped, no prayed that the Lady's wedding was perfect, for everyone's sake, or they'd have an angry dog to deal with.

As Lady Kay hugged Kalyr and walked up to her husband-to-be [member="Veiere Arenais"] anyone not watching the lovely couple would see a tear run down the side of the guards face, he didn't show any emotion, he let nothing away, except the one tear showed everything, his compassion, his emotion, locked away by his blank expression, he was a true softy at heart, but when the time came he knew how to clench the jaw, and look as serious as he needed to be.

The sight of [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Kalyr Alor"]'s approach caught and turned his gaze towards them, a broad smirk taking to the corner of his mouth as his gaze traced the outline of Kay's Wedding Dress, clinging to her form and showing a good deal more skin than was typical custom for her, it complimented her beauty two fold and he had to be careful not to mutter his thoughts under his breath least [member="Atheus"] hear him lose sight of his Jedi restraint. Reaching him and placing a hand atop hers, the pair turned to face one another as they had the night they had secretly come together and wed away from the public spotlight, to share their union first between themselves. Listening to the cleric address them and those who would stand on and watch the ceremony, Veiere gave Kay a knowing smile, having been here before though with far less spectators save for the nature of the forest at the time. Saying his part and then inviting the pair to speak to one another before the rest of Commenor, those watching in person and those billions watching across the holo-recordings of the event, Veiere did his best not to look taken by surprise, his head tilting slightly as he listened to Kay speak without reluctance, she having clearly prepared for this where as he had not done so.

I wouldn't be here today, Commenor would be in a very dark place without you. Words cannot express how grateful I am and how much I love you,
but you know. Through whatever challenges we face, we will overcome them together. And nothing makes me happier, nothing makes me more proud than to be your loyal wife."
Challenges, yes they had faced a great number of them. When Kay had encouraged him to leave the Exile of Alzoc Three and enter into her employment, Veiere had not expected to find himself standing where he was now with the experience they held behind them. Back then he was to be her bodyguard, and she was a humbled and much smaller time Senator for the Galactic Republic on her way out due to the Chancellors learning of her force proclivity. They sought to focus their time together on routing our slavers and targeting the trafficking market within the Republic's territories while Veiere also looked to reinforce the Jedi Order towards their former traditions. When both government and the Order proved to be a lost cause, they turned to Commenor where Kay had represented for a number of years within the senate, just in time to avoid the shock when the Republic collapsed in on itself and lost everything. With the One Sith falling away from Galactic dominance also, Commenor found itself standing in times of greater individuality and it was then, that Kay ran for president, Veiere ever so in the background as her proven yet private confidant and adviser. Over the years it hadn't gotten any easier, they had lost friends to war, supported allies in battles of astonishing pace and all the while managed to not let go of one another, the challenges they had faced often trying to part them and one certain Sith Lord almost succeeding in turning the government of Commenor into a tool of the Sith Empire had it not been for a select few determined to try and rescue Kay Larr from the lure of the Darkside. He had almost lost her, she having forgotten everything about him yet through his love for her and a stubbornness and refusal to give up on her, Veiere had gained her trust after great trial and effort, to work with her within the peace of their own company, to revitalize her memories with the aid of the Force, bringing her back to the Woman she was today. A Victim of the Sith no longer and now, his loving wife of whom he would die for.

"Kay..." He paused, a curious smile coming to play as he had to make do with what he chose to say on the spot, "I've always been terrible with these things" he chuckled and to their side he heard a good number of their audience laugh quietly with him, fortunate that humor was a mood lightener. "Since the very early days of our work together I felt there was something different about you. You who were so genuine in a Galaxy that so desperately needs good people like yourself. You would throw yourself against the tides if it meant keeping another from harm, your selfless acts for the people of Commenor have often been a guiding light for this government and a true source of pride for me myself as I've stood at your side; my love for you has only ever grown and through our many trials we have finally come together...-Though it's taken us years" He flashed her a smirk, a slight dig at the both of them in jest for how long they had waited for each other, "...I am yours now and forever, I will protect you and all that comes with you, family, government and people until the day that I fall. Too few men are lucky enough to be given such a blessing in life, and today I vow to cherish your company, your love, Always".
[member="Bradshaw Ku"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Macoda Haberon"] | [member="Harvey"] | [member="Stardust Raxis"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Ultimatum"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Daxton Bane"] | [member="Thraxis"] | [member="Cadan Tazi"] | [member="Lauri Törni"] | @everyone else​

Kay-Larr

Kay kept her hand over his heart as she listened to him speak. The words that [member="Veiere Arenais"] chose to say seemed to come from there. The tone of his voice, despite the chuckles and the smirks, always had a way of soothing her. She felt her nerves calm as her gaze never faltered from his. How was it that he held her in such high regard? He was more deserving of it than she; titles aside. At least that was what she believed. Everything that he had done for her only proved how selfless he was. Even as he wpuld run off to save lives across the Galaxy without telling her, she knew that it was only done to keep her safe and to stop her from endangering her own life and follow him. Veiere knew her too well.

The Cleric clapped his hands together once. "Well, you two only needed to promise your lives to eachother in two short sentences with no...strings attached, but I hadn't the heart to interrupt." He gave them each a wink. "You've spoken from your hearts, now you only need to kiss to seal the deal. All of Commenor awaits this moment that you know will be replayed over and over again on the holo-news, so no pressure."

Kay looked to the Cleric and gave a small shake of her head before she turned to Veiere. No doubt he'd have a less than happy reaction to what the man had said, but before he could get a chance, she removed her hand from Veiere's chest and brought it to his cheek, keeping his focus solely on her as she stood up on her toes and had their lips meet in a soft yet sensual kiss.

The Cleric merely grinned before he announced with his arms spread wide for theatrics sake; "Their fates are sealed and so is Commenor's with their union. May the lives of this pair be blessed with happiness." He then stepped back and bowed to the crowd. His part was over. And he scuttled his way out, wanting first dibs on the food.

As the kiss broke, Kay turned to look at everyone there. She breathed a sigh of relief. That part was over. Now for the coronation.

[member="Atheus"] [member="Rex Cruger"] [member="Bradshaw Ku"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Macoda Haberon"] [member="Harvey"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Lauri Törni"] @everyone else

The tears would slowly stream down his face during their demonstration of true love, hitting his emotions like a truck he only barely managed to hold onto his straight face and emotions not breaking a crack besides the wetness over his cheeks. He held the two pillows out as he waited for his que to walk up to them. He stood with his back straight and just looked between [member="Lady Kay"] and her new husband [member="Veiere Arenais"], he wished he had a love like that, but he knew that ever since his days on his home planet he would never find someone.

He would hear the line from the cleric and knew it was his time, with a steady stride and a very formal movement he made his way up to the front keeping the pillows perfectly level with each other and parallel to the ground. As he made his way up to Lady Kay he stopped in front of the newly weds with the two pillows and keeping them still level and parallel he bowed to the both of them before standing back up and giving Kay a short nod before he would present the pillows.

Bradshaw Ku

Crown Prince of Commenor
Bradshaw smirked at his master’s joking threats and witty banter. Not that his Master couldn’t be humorous, he certainly could, but the frequency with which he poked fun, hinted to him that Veiere must be nervous. Whether he was nervous to get married, or because of the wedding’s scale and the fact that it would run on loop on all Commenori, as well as an untold number of galactic, news stations for who knows how long, every part being evaluated, judged, and talked about, he couldn’t tell. Though, that last thought made him a little more nervous. He was glad he wasn’t the only one.

Having taken his seat at the front, he listened intently to his mother’s vows and then to his Master’s. It was true what his mother said, in more than one way. Commenor would surely be a darker place, his mother would be as well, and to top it off, he would too. That simple fact, knowing that Veiere had already been a powerful beacon of light in the darkness for so many, was enough for even him to accept the union he made with his mother. How could he possibly ask for a better person to entwine his life with her's, to help her and guide her, to protect her? He couldn’t, and in that moment, he was certain that Shaw-Ku couldn’t either.

It was also true what Veiere said. His mother had been through an unimaginable amount of pain and loss for one lifetime. Not just with Veiere there, but all the way back to Shaw-Ku’s murder, her being beaten nearly to death, and her children being ripped away and hidden from her. That would have destroyed even the strongest of people. Not her, and it also wasn’t the end of her tortures, both literal and figurative. Through it all, she survived. More than that, she somehow found a way to thrive and to help others along the way. Though he didn’t know even the half of the pain she’d faced and the obstacles she went through, to him, she was the strongest person in the galaxy.

His eyes began to tear up as they kissed. He almost couldn’t believe himself, he wasn’t much for crying. When [member="Rex Cruger"] brought out the two crowns, each resting on a luxurious pillow, and bowed while still managing to keep them perfectly level, he knew it was almost time for the coronation. Not wanting to look weak for his own coronation, he blinked quickly and wiped the wetness from his cheeks before doing his best to suppress any others from rising to the surface. The galaxy could be a dark, brutal, and dangerous place. His first public appearance as Crown Prince, images that would be shared faster than the speed of light all across the galaxy, couldn’t be of a watery eyed lad. Even if the Commenori people didn’t mind, there were many out there who would see such a thing as feeble and pathetic. No. He had to project strength, confidence, and intelligence – even if he didn’t yet have those things. He had to channel [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Veiere Arenais"].

He wasn’t even crowned yet, and here he was, beginning to feel the near crushing weight of public service. He just hoped he was strong enough to bear it.

All of Commenor awaits this moment that you know will be replayed over and over again on the holo-news, so no pressure.

That smug son'uva...

His thoughts might have continued had Kay's hand not pressed to his cheek with a warmth that only she held, turning his attention back to her, his hands taking to her sides as she kissed him. Just like that the rest of the crowd had seemingly disappeared, as if they were all suddenly invisible, his hands found her sides and he pulled her in closer to him kissing her back. At first his hands didn't want to let her go when she broke the caress of her lips from his, his gaze locking with her own and smiling in a moment of sheepish love only then to recall the ceremony that they were partaking in and clearing his throat, allowing her to step back only so things could continue.

"Their fates are sealed and so is Commenor's with their union. May the lives of this pair be blessed with happiness."
He and Kay turned to look to the crowd that had gathered to attend the first half of the ceremony, they would wave and smile to those who had been invited, Veiere's hand falling to his side to take Kay's as they took up their fifteen seconds of fame for the sake of the public eye. Now that they had been officially wed and the secret was no longer such a secret, perhaps he would finally be able to rest from having to deal with all those blokes out there that thought they had a fighting chance in wooing her. Naturally none of them had come close, though it didn't keep Veiere from taking note from time to time, rather proud of his place by her side.

[member="Bradshaw Ku"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Macoda Haberon"] | [member="Harvey"] | [member="Stardust Raxis"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Ultimatum"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Daxton Bane"] | [member="Thraxis"] | [member="Cadan Tazi"] | [member="Lauri Törni"] | @everyone else​

Walking with Lady kay to drop off the crowns felt really fast and done before I could blink an eye. What kept me rooted in place was the fact that I had stood at the end of the isle. I breathed in as I opened my arm and allow Kay's to intertwine with my own. I was tall enough that honestly she was just holding onto the crook of my elbow while my arm was out for her. Leading her down the isle, I felt proud. Not just of her, but of Veiere's choice in Lady Kay. How the two complimented each other.

I was super serious about this. Walking Lady Kay down the isle and even moving off to the side to stand next to another fine young man who stood nearly as tall as I did. His long hair and body clearly was details of his past of being a Warrior, and a dark one he rarely spoke of. However, he was the best man. Standing next to him, All I could wonder is why he was the one that Veiere chose to be standing next to? Either way, I was happy for everyone here. I was so elated that I couldn't stop smiling even as the deal was sealed by the cleric and the two of them publicly announced their marriage.

I could see how the two of them were so proud. The two of them were deeply involved with one another on a level that could only be true compassion and care for one another. It almost seemed rude to call it true love. A thousand words could be spoken, yet summed up in two. Much like any father should be, I was proud of Kay, even If I wasn't her father. I still felt protective over her as though I were one. Even now, knowing that the two would become bigger targets, I wanted to do more to protect them.

Such is the delema I have.

Kay-Larr

Kay smiled to her husband, glad that she could say that now with full confidence. She gave his hand a gentle squeeze, but then released it. [member="Rex Cruger"] had caught her cue. It was now time for coronations and promotions. But was her guard crying? His cheeks were wet. Surely the ceremony wasn't that bad. It wasn't even long.

She looked to [member="Veiere Arenais"] and spoke quietly to him. "It's time to get your crown. But you'll not have to wear it much, I promise you." And it was true. Only for special occasions would it be required. Kay didn't wear her own crown and tiaras much either. Commenor knew who she was.

Her attention was then drawn to those gathered. "Thank you everyone for being here today to witness not only our blessed union, but for the elevation of two and the crowning of two more." Kay took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, giving her a few seconds pause to collect her thoughts. "I have a secret to confess. Long ago, during my first marriage, my husband and I had adopted. But after his murder, the role of motherhood was taken from me just as the role of being a wife. It was not until recently that my son had returned. And so, not only will Commenor be gaining a King today, but also a Prince and heir. [member="Bradshaw Ku"] , will you please join us here and kneel before me. Veiere, please humour me and do the same."

It will more than likely be the only time that Veiere would have to kneel to her. She hoped that he wouldn't be too embarrassed. After the two were kneeling in front of her, she picked up the King's crown and placed it on Veiere's head. She then picked up the Prince's crown and placed it on Brad's head.

Kay smiled and bowed her head to them both. "Rise and take your places beside me. Commenor is under your protection and guided by your wisdom. It's children are your children, it's lands are your lands, it's problems are our problems to solve. Commenor survives and so shall we do our best to ensure that. Long live King Veiere! Long live Prince Bradshaw!"

Again she bowed her heads to them and applauded along with others in the audience that chose to do so. Kay's eyes then searched for two others in the crowd. When the cheers had died down, she raised her voice again. "Two others here deserve recognition for their service. [member="Darlyn Excron"] and [member="Macoda Haberon"] , will you two please join us up here."

[member="Ultimatum"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Harvey"] [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Kalyr Alor"]

A huge smile was plastered across Mac's face the entire time. At first he didn't really like [member="Veiere Arenais"]. The Jedi was too proper and dignified to the ex mercenary. He seemed like the type who wouldn't really be easy to joke around, and he called Mac by his full name too. He was a force user as well which made Mac a little uneasy on a subconscious level. But despite all of this, Veiere had slowly grown on Mac. The tour of the Praxeum helped a lot with this in easing Mac's fear of the Force. He had realized that Veiere was much of a rock to [member="Lady Kay"] as he himself was. And because of the love that Kay obviously bears for Veiere, he couldn't help but be happy for them both.

Mac applauded along with the rest of the crowd after the coronation but was surprised when Kay beckoned him and [member="Darlyn Excron"] to the front to be promoted. It hadn't really dawned on him that the promotion would take place just after the coronation of the karking King and Prince of Commenor, broadcasted to millions if not billions of people. Mac was definitely caught off guard as he rose to his full height, towering over all the seated guests, awkwardly struggling to get out of the middle of the row that he was seated in, and walked up to where the royal family was standing. He turned to face the crowd at the venue and couldn't help but smile widely. He was sure that Darlyn would be perhaps more professional, but that was not Mac.

Bradshaw Ku

Crown Prince of Commenor
Bradshaw rose from his seat when his mother beckoned him to the front to join her and his new step-father. He tried his best to keep the jitters raging inside from showing. There was a time not so long ago when he dreamed of this moment. Not out of respect for the position or the responsibility it demanded, but rather, because of the obvious leg-up it would give him when picking up women. Back then, he had no understanding of what it really meant to be a prince. Back then, it was all fun and games and he would’ve bounded up to be crowned with a playful flourish. Casting out a seductive smile to all the beautiful eligible, and not so eligible, women of the world. Lust filled eyes screaming, open for business, ladies! Come'n'get me!

Fortunately for himself, the royal family, and Commenor, he no longer felt such weightless fun when it came to this endeavor. Instead of pure excitement, he felt the eyes of billions burning through him. At no other moment did he feel the full weight of expectation than when the crown touched his head and his mother told Veiere and himself to rise, proclaiming some of the scariest things a 24-year-old former smuggler and playboy and new Jedi Padawan, could imagine –
Commenor is under your protection and guided by your wisdom. Its children are your children, it’s lands, it’s problems are our problems.

What guidance!? What wisdom!? He’d barely just learned how to help keep himself out of trouble. He almost had a panic attack before he realized the most important part of his mother’s speech. Our problems. He wasn’t in this alone, and as much as he was a symbol for Commenor, he wasn’t the king. He still had time to follow and learn from [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Veiere Arenais"] before Commenor’s fate would truly rest on his shoulders. That was the future, but now, there were stronger people to bear that burden.

A quiet sigh of relief escaped him. He returned his mother's bow and then turned to her and then his Master with a smile, before the Queen pushed on toward the third part of this huge celebration. The promoting of [member="Darlyn Excron"] and [member="Macoda Haberon"]. For perhaps the first time ever in his life, he was grateful for the attention to shift away from him and on to others.

Every bit the professional, Darlyn clapped and smiled with the proceedings. There wasn't much for him to do, everyone was calm, orderly. It was security's dream, nothing was going off the walls insane and he didn't have to draw his blaster on anyone. It at least made him look good as a member of the Queen's cabinet. The wedding went smoothly, followed by the coronation of both [member="Veiere Arenais"] and [member="Bradshaw Ku"] as fit the occasion. It was hardly surprising to see both festivities put into one, it was fitting. As marriage sealed them to [member="Lady Kay"], so too would it be appropriate to let everyone know.

What surprised him heavily was the call for him and [member="Macoda Haberon"] to join them. This was, strange. He turned down his comlink a bit as he approached, just enough he could hear an emergency but not broadcast it into any microphones up on stage. It was going to be obvious enough if something went wrong, after all. He fixed his suit jacket, making sure the blaster strapped under his arm was very secure, and very hidden, as he strode up the aisle. His lightsabers clinked together as he reached them, glancing first to the royal family, then Mac, before fixing his tie and turning to face the audience. Mac was right about something, he was far more professional. Only a slight curl at the edge of his lips betrayed any emotion.

Ultimatum clapped as everyone else did, though his own response would have been far more subtle. He was moved, in a way that had not truly happened before. This was an event that he had never seen, only heard of. He had been to a wedding before, one of two massive business tycoons, he had made small wedding gifts for the occasion, but this was different. He knew the people being married, rather than simply taking advantage of the potential association. He was here because he truly cared for [member="Lady Kay"] and wanted to see her return as the person she had once been.

He allowed the moment, and his internal reactions to become his sole true focus. There was great joy, yet it was tempered by the fact that this event would make Kay and [member="Veiere Arenais"] yet greater targets for enemies of the light. He doubted that the Sith would let such an opportunity go to waste. But then it was also true that her guards were perhaps the greatest that Ultimatum had seen. He was certain that she would be capable of surviving, but there was no definite proof.

Veiere was by no means a fan of being crowned before the millions of peoples watching this across holo-recordings, least of all the crowd that had come to view the spectacle. He didn't at all like being raised up on some sort of pedestal to be viewed or thought of as being above anyone else, it conflicted most with his Jedi views of treating all life as it was on neutral ground, not above or beneath even his enemy but rather the equivalent of any other persons value in the Force. That said, such a show was required for his being brought into government in an official capacity and not only did this give him the freedom of exploring his relationship further with [member="Lady Kay"] out in the public light, but it would also further enable him to help the Trade World and the neighboring worlds that had been brought into the fold, the sector now being governed by the Commenori Monarchy.

Rising from his knelt position, Veiere moved to stand alongside Kay while [member="Bradshaw Ku"] was expected to do the same. Their Queen then called for the others that would see themselves recognized during the ceremony for their loyalty and efforts put forward for the benefit of the people. [member="Darlyn Excron"], Veiere knew quite well. The pair had talked several times within the Praxeum of the Order of Commenor as well as reading up on his reports in service to Kay Larr and often spoken of behind the scenes in private between him and Kay, Veiere often relieved that Darlyn had been around to support her so thoroughly. He was now being promoted to the position of Minister of Justice, though the others might not have known it, Veiere was glad to see his works given such acknowledgement and the impact that the man would have on the district of governance across their territories would do greatly for their law enforcement and mediation of criminality within their worlds. [member="Macoda Haberon"] was a curious one, soon to take Darlyn's former position as Kay's head of Security and staunch in his views of Force Users in his initial days, Veiere had not known how to approach the man in conversation until Kay had brought him to the Order and introduced Mac to the way that the Force was trained in and responsibly practices within the Illaria Woodlands. Though quite firm in appearance, his mind had been open enough to understanding the difference in their pursuits as opposed to other orders such as the Sith. His intentions were honorable and again, in discussion with Kay behind the scenes, Veiere had come to approve of the man, looking forward to future endeavors with Macoda as he would now be protecting a royal family, not simply a Queen. A thought that amused Veiere a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom