Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction First Shots-First Part of Black Sun Mob War Narrative (EE)

Black Sun Network

B
5iSmE8u.png

Chaos on Annaj! On the back of the Eternal Empire's gradual conquest, the privateered syndicate of Black Sun has expanded its territory within the Unknown Regions. Where Broka the Hutt has ushered in a new age for the organization, and has made it so Black Sun has its hands on many industries within the Empire's space, there are many in high ranks of the organization that have started to question the leadership methods of the young Hutt Lorda.

With Broka attending to matters of politics in both his pet project, the Hutt Republic, as well as maintaining Black Sun's interest in the Eternal Empire's realm, many high ranking gangsters left to manage the newly acquired territories and worlds began to think their leader was not as strong as projected. Time has past, and these inner questionings of Broka's methods has left these members disillusioned with the direction Black Sun was taking.

The center of operations for Black Sun within the Eternal Empire is the planet of Annaj, where Broka recently built a whole palace for himself on mountains overlooking the capital city of the planet. A capital, of sorts, for the organization. While many of those in the fringes of control were slowly disillusioned with their leader, a few actually plotted to take down Broka's powerbase in the Unknown Regions. Annaj, with its status, was the perfect target to strike first. While Broka was away, gangsters from Pa'Desh, Bursoll II, and a few Enforcer squads in the streets of the Black Sun capital city began to sack the seat of Broka.

By the time Broka had heard of this attack, the renegade Black Sun gangsters had already looted and pillaged almost all the city and were about to put his palace under siege. A few of his loyal high ranking Nem'ro Suns were there. All the while, Broka's Chelandion was on its way across the galaxy to bring reinforcements down to the palace to turn the tide.

All the while, Black Sun forces in the area able to respond were demanded they go to Annaj to take out these traitors under the threat of being branded as traitors themselves by Broka. For now it seems that this could be taken down rather quickly, though treachery could lurk within every corner of the organization now, and that would be more than what a single urban battle can take care of.

8JXrOFs.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Silhana Lolaes'ra
Lynne Tal’kira aka Lady Orchid; The Angel-faced killer
Bounty Hunter, Verd'ika, member of the Clan Cadera; Headmistress of the House Orchid and The Hounty Hunters' Guild
5iSmE8u.png
Equipment: 2x PV-16 "Sunfury" Pulse Pistol | 2x Simple short sword | Light armour || Stealth field generator || OPBC-01m
Tag: Black Sun Network | Open
kyMYUQz.png
[ Last Battle ]
"Galactic Basic" | <"Mandalorian"> | ~"Telepathic" communication ~

Luckily, I was just in the Unknown Region when I got a call from Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt that there are problems on one of the planets. Since I worked with Black Sun, I answered the call and travelled to the planet. True, it wasn’t specifically Mandalorian or just bounty hunter work, but because of the collaboration, I thought they could benefit with my company. And then I didn’t even mention that I can get bounties in an exclusive way. Oh, chit! When did I become such a businesswoman?

Permits were ok so I could land on the planet. I worked not only with Black Sun, but also with the Contractors' Guild, and with a Level 6 contract and Military Contracts. There was no problem after that. In the meantime, I retrieved all the details of what had happened at this place. To be sure, it’s never good to have someone turn against their own Vigo, or Underlord.

The all right situation lasted only until I arrived in town; the situation, the chaos, the fighting were less pleasant here. Where was the army? Annaj was a pretty inner planet, weird. Maybe they're at war with the Maw? There was no other galaxy-level war now. I had the experience of how to avoid fighting, and then I went to a place from which I could clearly see the palace, to which the mob was already heading firmly. This will be a “pleasant” siege.

I have a feeling Broka wanted too much but didn’t want to give anything to anyone else. I joined the Eternal Empire's network and sent a message to every loyal Black Sun person on the communication channel.

"This is Lynne Tal’kira, at the moment I am roughly a click away from the palace. From here, the renegade marching army is perfectly visible. Where am I most needed? Outside or inside? In both cases, I want coordinates." I said, and then we are now waiting to see what the developments will be.

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

Last edited:
Willow and Ivy were aggitated. Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt had taken them on for their unique gifts of foresight. Yet they were too busy helping out with the Hutt Republic that they didn't see what would happen on Annaj.

A while ago as the Black Sun was gaining more Crimelords, the twins had seen a few dark webs in the Force flittering around their Employer. Yet those webs didn't touch him, meaning there wasn't plans for assassination. So that was partly why they redirected their attention to the political teachings that Broka was bestowing upon them.

Their eyes were trained on the stars as they streaked across the sky through the window of the ship that they were travelling in. No doubt they'd be kept safe and out of the line of fire. Yet they hoped that Broka wouldn't be angered at them for not letting him know about the attack on his Palace before it happened. It was difficult to read him. They had to instead read those around him. And now they had to try to focus on how this attack will end.

"We're going to see the destruction of the Palace first hand, Willow."

"I know....let us hope that Broka's enemies have already been beaten by then..."

5iSmE8u.png
Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy

ppb24ObEJpWr6BefyzYOVMQpVKP1-lsh4mCTbPgIdA-_SCtIjdJutYuQPbgsi5ekL2TOGsDqXx_GFAPDxkmverZILvYwLDIHnBzTgG6T_nR_vr1CysBSMg94YqeDZ38GJRYFvH9g

<"High Nelvaanian"> │ “Galactic Basic”
Ivixa hated gangs.

The sniper had killed many filthy thugs and gangsters which were plaguing the Scintilla during the anti-gang campaign initiated by Discordia, Operation Emerald Star. She had been part of a handpicked strike force to assault a compound of the Sunset Strill, a Mandalorian cartel which was rotten even by the standards of gangsters, trafficking a deadly, modified variant of spice which rendered its users as walking husks. The drug had been distributed through the then-impoverished Asa’nyx communities on the Scintilla, creating so many addicts that Ivixa had personally known more than a few individuals who had been lost to overdoses or the myriad of other, deleterious side effects of the deadly narcotic.

As such, it went without saying that the idea of a state-sanctioned gang was appalling to the diminutive Asa’nyx, her own personal experience coloring her perception of the Black Sun, in spite of the fact that this iteration of the gang had not been involved in the drug trade which had ruined so many communities on the Scintilla. She hated them all the same, but once more, the Special Agent was forced to put some of that passion aside in order to fulfill her work.

Her overseers had tasked her with assisting the Black Sun in putting down a faction of renegade gangsters who sought to overthrow the reigning Lorda, Broka the Hutt, a few minds in STRATCOM were reluctant to allow Ultranauts or the regular army corps to be seen fighting a mob war, especially in favor of one particular side. Fortunately, Broka was a trustworthy actor who had proven to be a cooperative asset, through which the Eternal Empire had been able to tame the rabid dog of the criminal underworld. While Ivixa would have preferred to put the dog down instead, a part of her understood that the Empire’s approach was one of practicality, rather than idealism.

Nevertheless, Ivixa would revel in the slaughter of gangsters, at least, those she was sanctioned to kill.

With her new rank, Ivixa had been given a call sign, one that hers and hers alone. The diminutive sniper liked the way “Rominaria Seven” rolled off of her tongue, though it was quite syllabic. Even so, it was flowy and feminine, which the Asa’nyx enjoyed.

“This is Special Agent Rominaria Seven. I’m reading you, Lady Orchid.” Ivixa replied to the Twi’lek mercenary in Basic over the Eternal Empire network. Naturally, Ivixa had been briefed on the operatives she was working with, among them being Silhana Lolaes’ra of House Orchid, an all-female mercenary company.

“I don't want to wait too much longer before the renegades begin their assault on the palace but…” Ivixa paused, knowing that the Black Sun forces in the area were still relatively unorganized as they sought to respond to the sudden, unexpected uprising. “We may have to, just a little longer.” She said. “Transmitting you my coordinates and position now.” Ivixa added, before tapping her OmniLink a few times.

“I’ll be ready.” She finished as she stared down the scope of her fusion rifle and set the crosshairs over the head of a renegade thug, her senses already craving the blood of gangster scum.

Still going, despite everything.
5iSmE8u.png

Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Ivixa Nera'kas Ivixa Nera'kas Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt
Guns and knives: BR-212 'Jackal' ACR, KC-77N Hybrid Pistol, Black Sun Armor Mark. I, Vibroblade

Arturo had never seen the appeal of Annaj. Dirty, disorderly, it was the type of place where his kind thrived. He hated it all the same. The grime, the bustle of a citizens living on top of each other; it was like the lower levels of Coruscant only darker, more decrepit. At least with Coruscant there was flash, glamour. You knew everyone who was anyone was corrupt up to the elbows, but it didn't matter. There was life and light and wealth. On Annaj, in the capital, it was the opposite. There wasn't much light to the place, the wealth still belonged to a select few even after the Empire took over. As for life? Well, most people -the poor in particular- went through life like they'd already died in the gutters they'd grown up in.

From the stench of the place, that was definitely becoming more commonplace.

Turning up his nose at the smell, Underboss Arturo Braga craned his neck to stare up at Broka's palace as it slowly grew, the golden curve of it's roof shining through the plumes of smoke rising over the city. Screams and shouts and intermittent blasterfire marked his passage through the city. In the absence of the Hutt Lorda, he was the closest thing to a ruling figure in the city. That in itself wasn't a good sign. He'd had enough problems to deal with even before his fellow Underbosses and Vigos had risen against Broka. Now, with the city in flame and Broka's hold loosening, things were beginning to look dicey.

But then they always were.

"Eyes up! We've got ourselves a sniper on the rooftop. There, see?" Pointing, he marked the sniper's position on his HUD. No doubt a few of the posse he had with him were doing the same. The competent ones, at least. "A sniper? Where?" A trandoshan thug asked, his pronunciation of the word sniper getting butchered in the process. Using one scaly hand to shade his eyes, the alien looked around, completely oblivious until a shot shattered the quiet of the street.

Recoiling, the trandoshan dove for cover.

"Oh, chit! There's a sniper! Boss! There's a sniper!"

"I know, I just told you." Arturo said through gritted teeth. "Get up, Sharkan, the shot wasn't meant for us." The trandoshan rose warily to his feet. "How can you tell?" He asked. "Because we heard it." Arturo replied grimly. Raising a hand, he waved to the figure on the rooftop, pausing only to make the peace sign before letting his arm drop. Walking on, he waited for the inevitable. When the shot didn't come, he sighed a breath of relief. "See? They're on our side."

For now, he thought.

Strolling out into the open space in front of the office block, he waved his crew away. He could hear them fanning out into the ransacked buildings and alleys as he stopped to look up at the rooftop. The sniper -whoever they were- had the sense to keep back from the edge so as not to expose themself or the weapon they carried to those below. Smart, really. A nice bit of tradecraft. Good thing he'd ordered his crew to disperse. They'd have a better angle if this backfired.

"Hey! You up there! You get the call, too? Mind telling me how things look up at the palace?"

5iSmE8u.png
Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy Arturo Braga Arturo Braga

dRUm20K.png

"Hey! You up there! You get the call, too? Mind telling me how things look up at the palace?"

“Nothing has changed from up here.” Ivixa answered over the shared Battle Net, refusing to address the gangster by his title, “Underboss”. “The...renegades are setting up blaster cannons outside the palace in preparation for their assault. Some are marching...I’m not sure why.” She added, confusion lacing her tone as she stared down the scope of her rifle, zooming in on a line of gangsters who were marching with bordering on excessive amounts of vigor, complete with comically-high goose steps. “I-I...can’t believe what I’m seeing. I guess they’re trying to look legitimate or something.”

What were they, some kind of weird club of gangsters LARPing as stormtroopers? It all seemed so off to the diminutive sniper.

It only made her want to shoot them even more.

“Are your soldiers…” Ivixa paused, cringing at her own words. That term was much too generous. “Prepared to initiate a counterattack? That marching...formation looks like a tempting target, but it could also be a trap.”

Silhana Lolaes'ra
Bounty Hunter, Verd'ika, member of the Clan Cadera; Headmistress of the House Orchid and The Hounty Hunters' Guild
5iSmE8u.png
Equipment: 2x PV-16 "Sunfury" Pulse Pistol | 2x Simple short sword | Light armour || Stealth field generator || OPBC-01m
Tags: Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy | Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt | Ivixa Nera'kas Ivixa Nera'kas | Arturo Braga Arturo Braga | Open
kyMYUQz.png
[ Last Battle ]

I didn’t even have to wait that long because a female voice checked in on the communication channel. It has always been a pleasure to work with female peers. I haven't answered yet, because I also got the coordinates. The AI immediately prepared the route to the coordinates. The only machine I can tolerate anyway because I don’t like droids. The AI is fine, but the droid is not.

"Rominaria Seven, copy that, on my way! I'll be there in a few minutes!" I said.

The journey was not the easiest, I mean, to get to that area without being noticed. I don’t have any particular camouflage equipment, it’s not really worthy of a Mandalorian. Even if I wasn’t wearing Mandalorian armor right now, but the bounty hunter. The next time I refurbish my armor, I’m really going to put in the jet pack as well. I could have easily been where I needed to go.

~ Are you fething kidding me?! ~ I asked the AI wearily in thought. ~ No, don't answer! ~

Chit! I was forced to go down to the ground, into the tunnel system there, and go through it to where the coordinates were. At least it wasn’t a channel, but it was still humiliating! I had too little pay for that. A moment; you don't even get paid for this, damn it! Never mind. I ran and then climbed to the surface about five to ten minutes later, not far from the others. I had already addressed the company from a distance so as not to be shot. That is, I spoke to the part of those who were on earth.

"It's me, Lynne. What's the situation here?" I asked.

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

5iSmE8u.png

Kit: BR-212 'Jackal' ACR, KC-77N Hybrid Pistol, Black Sun Armor Mark. I, vibroblade
Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Ivixa Nera'kas Ivixa Nera'kas

Arturo smiled to himself. "Legitimate? Doesn't sound like any crew I know of," he called up to the sniper -a woman- who was perched just out of sight. Taking a moment to think, the Underboss almost ignored the sniper's question entirely until a nearby thug whistled to him. Looking over, Arturo raised an eyebrow as the Sun gestured to the roof with his rifle. Oh, right. Craning his neck, Arturo gazed back up to the roof. He didn't need to, of course. The sniper would've heard him just fine without this brief lapse in judgement.

"My boys came here knowing that blood was on the books, so, yeah, they're ready." When the unseen woman mentioned the possibility of the marching column being an elaborate trap, Arturo shook his head. "I doubt it. Few of the Vigos and Undies I know would be willing to sacrifice that many men just to lure us out, though, it's always a possibility." Pausing, Arturo frowned to himself as he walked over to the mouth of a nearby alleyway. "Say, can you see any identifying marks on their armor? Might clue us in some as to who they belong to."

Before Ivixa could reply, the owner of the voice he'd heard earlier appeared. Swiveling at a sound behind him, Arturo was quick to train his blaster on the figure as they- she clambered out of a tunnel exit two dozen feet from where he stood. The armor she wore gave the game away before her voice did. Lowering his weapon, the Underboss nodded as the woman made her presence known to the rest of his shooters. "My respect, Lady Orchid. Almost didn't catch you." Waving her over to the gathering of criminals, mercs and rooftop snipers, Arturo shrugged.

"Situation's... complex. Romi can fill you in if we've got the time."

5iSmE8u.png
Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy Arturo Braga Arturo Braga

ppb24ObEJpWr6BefyzYOVMQpVKP1-lsh4mCTbPgIdA-_SCtIjdJutYuQPbgsi5ekL2TOGsDqXx_GFAPDxkmverZILvYwLDIHnBzTgG6T_nR_vr1CysBSMg94YqeDZ38GJRYFvH9g

"Rominaria Seven, copy that, on my way! I'll be there in a few minutes!"

“Understood, Lady Orchid. Stay safe.” Ivixa replied to the Twi’lek mercenary. “Keep an eye out for renegade patrols.” She added.

All the while, Ivixa continued to watch the renegade gangsters through her scope, not staying focused on any particular area for too long. Bringing her rifle up, she sighted in on the rooftops across the city, golden eyes scanning for enemy snipers, gangsters in overwatch positions, and blaster cannon emplacements. More than a few blaster cannons were being brought into position, often hefted by the most brutish-looking of the renegades. Taking advantage of her biochip, Ivixa marked the coordinates of the blaster cannons in the Battle Net with naught but a thought, the task executed with a level of ease that was almost frightening to her, were she not already quite experienced in utilizing neural interfacing technologies.

“I’ve marked as many blaster cannon positions that I can see.” Ivixa said to the Underboss and Lady Orchid, via a private channel over the shared Battle Net, fearing renegade infiltration among the Underboss’ men. “Most of the guns are aimed for the palace gates, but I see three that are aimed backwards. They are expecting our counterattack from the rear.” She declared.

"Say, can you see any identifying marks on their armor? Might clue us in some as to who they belong to."

A pause.

Setting her sights back down to the streets, Ivixa was...hesitant. After all, the renegades had come from within the Black Sun itself. The paranoid, trained part of her wondered if she might unwittingly reveal something compromising to the Underboss by feeding him so much information. While Ivixa hated gangsters, she was under no delusions about their potential for deception. Like any political or military organization, gangs and cartels had complex inner workings. In navigating that potential minefield, Ivixa didn’t want to accidentally set something off which could imperil the mission.

“Umm...well, they clearly aren’t ours.” She answered vaguely. “It’s the standard Rocksolid Arms-make Black Sun armor. It looks like they all kept their issued suits, just repainted them.” The sniper added, trying to give the illusion that she was making a conscious, good-faith effort to answer the Underboss’ inquiry.

“Though it is done up with...distinct markings.”

Silhana Lolaes'ra
5iSmE8u.png
Tags: Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy | Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt | Ivixa Nera'kas Ivixa Nera'kas | Arturo Braga Arturo Braga | Open
kyMYUQz.png
[ Last Battle ]

I rolled my eyes at the man's words; fortunately this was not visible under the armour. When I get answers like that, it will be a long day. Luckily, the agent was kinder and more accurate than that and I got a quick report on what we were up against. In the meantime, I walked closer to get a better look at the events. When I get to the man, I'll stop beside him.

"See, dear Underboss, we had time for that!" I said kindly, with an angelic smile, though the smile was not visible anyway. If the man let me, I would still kindly pat him on the shoulder.

I think I could hardly have been more condescending than that. For a moment, even I felt uncomfortable and awful about it. I thought for a moment how important it might be to protect the place. I knew the giant slugs were very insistent to their own power and interests, but was the “big boss” here at all? Did he have to be protected or only his property?

"Broka is here? Or are we just protecting his interests?" I asked from both of them.

If he was not here, his estate was not interesting to me, it could be rebuilt later. Conversely, if no one is inside, we can still deceive the rebels, lure them inside the palace and blow up the entire place with them. Poisoning may be better and less harmful to the building, but armor typically protects against it. Blasting is effective enough, even if it’s not too humane or a sophisticated method.

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

5iSmE8u.png

Bits and blasters: BR-212 'Jackal' ACR, KC-77N Hybrid Pistol, Black Sun Armor Rig, vibroblade
Tags: Ivixa Nera'kas Ivixa Nera'kas Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt

“Though it is done up with...distinct markings.”

"Meaning?" Arturo's reply was low, questioning. Was the sniper being purposefully vague or was there more going on here than he knew about? Letting the question hang, he watched as Silhana approached. Whatever the case might be, the tone Romi had used and the hesitation in her voice were both indicative of a lie being told. Maybe that was a bit harsh; she hadn't told a lie, after all. She'd just believed it prudent to withhold information from an ally.

Which was a red flag if ever he'd seen one.

Sighing quietly to himself, Arturo shook his head. "On second thought, disregard that last." Turning to regard the crew under his command, the Underboss waited patiently as Romi went about explaining the situation one more time for Sil's benefit. The feel of a hand on his shoulder a few moments later made him turn back, muscles tensing involuntarily.

"See, dear Underboss, we had time for that!"

The hard look he gave the twi'lek was softened only by the dark tint of his visor. "Indeed we did, verd'ika." Brushing the hand from his shoulder, Arturo began to walk away. It was just his luck that he had to work with two of the most infuriating women in the galaxy when things were starting to fall apart around him. Oh well. "We're protecting his interests, namely the palace and all stored within." Arturo replied, stopping in the street to point up at the palace. From his point of view, he could just about make it out above the rooftops. A pallid plume of smoke drifted across the view, a series of distant explosions sending a few bird analogs scattering from a nearby tower.

"Looks like the assault's started. Couple hours from now and that'll be nothing but rubble." Looking over his shoulder, he sought Sil's gaze, tried to hold it. "We can't allow that to happen. The palace is a monument to Broka's power in this sector, and if it falls, so does his influence with those crime bosses still loyal to him. If that happens..." Arturo paused. They both knew what would happen, even if they didn't explicitly share their understanding.

He shrugged.

"You know the rest."

5iSmE8u.png

"Broka is here? Or are we just protecting his interests?"

On an almost purely technical level, they were protecting Broka’s property. However, Ivixa found herself agreeing with the Underboss’ implication regarding the destruction of the palace. Ultimately, the image of the palace in flames would show the sub-set gangs of the Black Sun that Broka had grown weak, dampening his influence and inspiring more acts of rebellion which would threaten the stability of the underworld and by extension, the Empire. It went without saying that out-of-control gang wars would threaten the stability of the Empire, likely necessitating the deployment of the military if the Black Sun proved unable to quell the internal insurrections.

"Looks like the assault's started. Couple hours from now and that'll be nothing but rubble."

It was now or never.

Ultimately, Ivixa knew that wars were fought not with what was wanted, but what was available. They had wanted an army, holding out hope that reinforcements from other sub-set gangs would arrive to aid in the counterattack. Unfortunately, they had only a few squads of the Underboss’ men, supplemented only by the House Orchid mercenary and Ivixa herself.

“Then let’s not waste any time.” Ivixa replied. “All the blaster cannon emplacements that I can see are marked. E-Webs from the looks of them.” The sniper said. “I’ll silence the cannons as we initiate our counterattack. Then, we can capture the weapons and set them up in or around choke points, before funneling the renegades into kill zones down the main thoroughfare to the palace.” She suggested.

“However, we’ll need to figure out a way to restrict their flanks.”

Silhana Lolaes'ra
5iSmE8u.png
kyMYUQz.png
[ Last Battle ]

"It gives a good look for you when you're angry, it's highlighting your traits!" I still teased him, and I continued to grin, though he didn't see this, nor the wink.

I think I finished this here and I'll focus on the upcoming fights. It was for this reason that I let him sweep my hand off his shoulder; I didn't want to keep it there anyway. So you have to protect the building. I nodded; although I did not share the man's opinion that the building is a masterpiece or a heritage, or that I don't know for myself what it wants to be. I was of the opinion that everything could be rebuilt.

"I still think that letting them in and then blowing up the building with them would be a good enough example for the other rebels. Wayland was also a nice fireworks display when Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud and K Kaine Australis detonated a bomb at the Sith forces." I shrugged.

Another issue is that we lost the planet, but many Sith died that day. I thought about the agent's words. There seemed to be far more than us. So I thought there was only one method. We have no better chance, we can’t lose more than waiting or doing nothing.

"The best solution is to confuse them from multiple sides. I saw well that they were overstaffing. Divide and conquer. As long as they are together we cannot do much. They need to be taken apart." I suggest with a serious tone.

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

5iSmE8u.png

Kit: BR-212 'Jackal' ACR, KC-77N Hybrid Pistol, Black Sun Armor Mark. I, vibroblade
Tags: Ivixa Nera'kas Ivixa Nera'kas Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt

"I still think that letting them in and then blowing up the building with them would be a good enough example for the other rebels. Wayland was also a nice fireworks display when Adenn Kyramud and Kaine detonated a bomb at the Sith forces."

"Do that and the renegades get what they want. Doesn't matter that they lost men or that we were the ones to bring the building down on their heads. Once word gets out, all people will talk about is how Broka's palace was brought to ruin and how those loyal to him were unable to prevent it." Turning on his heel, the Underboss gave the wannabe Mandalorian a warning look. "Queue Empire-wide strife that takes more than just the three of us to put down."

Having said his piece, Arturo looked back to the palace.

“Then let’s not waste any time.” Ivixa replied. “All the blaster cannon emplacements that I can see are marked. E-Webs from the looks of them.” The sniper said. “I’ll silence the cannons as we initiate our counterattack. Then, we can capture the weapons and set them up in or around choke points, before funneling the renegades into kill zones down the main thoroughfare to the palace.” She suggested.

"A sound plan." Arturo conceded. "Lady Orchid's right. The greatest strength these foot soldiers possess is their numbers. Splitting them up and cutting them down is the best way to go about this. My boys can help with that." Despite not being on the best of terms with his new allies, Arturo couldn't contest the fact that they both knew their business. How else had they risen to their respective positions if not through sheer competence and skill?

When he spoke next, his words were addressed to Silhanna and the sniper. It wouldn't do for him to cede the command and lower himself with his crew watching.

"It's your plan. Tell me where you want me, and I'll make sure the job gets done, Rominaria Seven." Allowing himself a small smile, the Underboss shifted to look up at the roof. His crew -a menagerie of well-armed humanoids- waited in the alleys and streets around him, some shifting impatiently from foot to foot, eager to get into it with the traitors.

It was time to thin the herd.

Last edited:
Lorda of Nem'ro and Hutt Republic Supreme Mogul
5iSmE8u.png

Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Ivixa Nera'kas Ivixa Nera'kas Arturo Braga Arturo Braga Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy

The events reached the Supreme Mogul all the way in Hutt Space later than he wanted. Either that comms officer would be put to death for slowness, or new technology was needed. While in the atrium of his Chelandion, Broka thought best to do both for assurance. Nonetheless, this rebellion was an insult to his majesty. How dare these ungrateful underboss he appointed personally do this. It was him who brought them to this power, and him alone.

He knew they would question his authority and strength, but to do this was infuriating. With his ship in orbit, he had it loom above the world. With whatever terminals were still operating if the renegades have not blown them up, the colossal, young, Lorda's image appeared. His face squinting with rage, yet he himself was lounging in a throne.
"<People of Annaj! You know my face. You know my name. You know my power. You have lived under my rule for some time now, and this city on Annaj has not been shackled to the state of the Eternal Empire like the rest of the planet. It was because of me, you remain free. It is because of me you can continue your business like before.
However, these ungrateful swine I once called my closest officers rebel against me! They threaten this freedom I have given you and maintained for you. Your gardians within the soldiers here who remain loyal have protected you so far, but they alone cannot end this soon. Coming to this world as I speak, several bands of fresh Nem'ro-Suns are dropping to the outskirts to crush this rebellion within my ranks. You will have security and prosperity return to this city. Today will not be remembered for how my rule was threatened and nearly destroyed. It will be remembered as a day that will teach all those who plan to threaten the prosperity of this city that this is not their's for the taking! That this city belongs to Black Sun, the Nem'ro Kajiedic, me, Broka, but also you loyal people of Annaj! I demand all loyal citizens join the closest bands of Black Sun to assist them in resecuring your homes! I demand you loyal citizens rise up to protect what I have given to you! Those who do not heed my demands of you loyal citizens will be put to death like the traitors torching my streets as traitors as well for abandoning your community and your Lorda.>"

The comms seemed to quiet a bit immediately after his speech, and after his image vanished from the still standing terminals. However, after those few moments, the citizenry either out of loyalty, love, or fear, began to take to the streets in arms. Meanwhile, the forces who dropped down, being lead by Goyrg, would scoop up all the citizens or loyal guards already in the city as they encounter. The renegades did have numbers, but they were now getting worn from the assault. The siege on his palace would be broken soon. He knew these gangsters. They cannot hold a siege for long, and will get bored. However, his loyalists being dropped on the ground were fresh to the fight, and were willing to kill these traitors for their Lorda. For this vigor that comes from being fresh to a fight, Broka knew speed would be on his side. With a mob of loyal citizens, fresh troops, and remaining loyalists, the renegades would end up in a hopeless situation. Though there will be no mercy for the traitors. None of the renegades will be spared.

Goyrg

G
5iSmE8u.png

Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Ivixa Nera'kas Ivixa Nera'kas Arturo Braga Arturo Braga

Goyrg's shuttle landed on the surface very hastily. It lurched and groaned, but then it went into place and the doors opened. The action was at the palace, yet this was the only place they could drop the reinforcements without getting shot out of the sky. It angered Goyrg though. He wanted to get right into the action, and now he has to run through the city to get to it. On top of that, he has to pick up civilian runts, yet something like that was a good loyalty test. Goyrg just did not like he had to babysit them for it.

He knew that Braga was here. He has not lost the palace, so Goyrg did not feel the need to kill him. Though he did get the comms to patch over on his network.
"Where are ya Braga?! My boys are here slaughter the traitors! I dunno what plan you made here, but I'll tell ya this; my boys are going to run into them at the palace door. I'm gonna be scooping up civs and other groups on the way. Meet me at the foot of palace hill with whatever troops you have with you! If you beat me, I won't keep ya waitin', that's for sure!" He then laughs his rough and deep laugh before turning off the comms. It was time for some head bashing.

The Nem'ro Suns undre his command were now all decked out in that new Rocksolid armor the imps gave them. It was certainly some good stuff. The Hutt Space business was certainly a good test for the new kit of gear. His troops tore through the steets in a near-breakneck pace. In the rush over 200 civs were picked up by his direct band alone. He could only wonder how much the other groups rushing into the city picked up. By then he was only halfway to his destination at the beginning of the path going up the mountain to the palace.

5iSmE8u.png

ppb24ObEJpWr6BefyzYOVMQpVKP1-lsh4mCTbPgIdA-_SCtIjdJutYuQPbgsi5ekL2TOGsDqXx_GFAPDxkmverZILvYwLDIHnBzTgG6T_nR_vr1CysBSMg94YqeDZ38GJRYFvH9g=s0

For all of her skills as a sniper and an assassin, Ivixa found herself at a slight loss for words. To say the least, strategy or large-unit tactics weren’t exactly in her skillset. Nevertheless, it seemed that the Underboss was turning to her to formulate the strategy. Perhaps it wasn’t a bad idea, as she had the most commanding view of the city from her position on top of the building. As such, Ivixa couldn’t fault him. However, if she was bad at strategy, then some thuggish gangster was likely far worse.

"The best solution is to confuse them from multiple sides. I saw well that they were overstaffing. Divide and conquer. As long as they are together we cannot do much. They need to be taken apart."

“The issue is that their lines are already too cohesive. We might be able to divide them with distractions, but their sole and ultimate objective is capturing and possibly razing the palace, in order to project the image that the Lorda is weak. Trivial distractions likely won’t dissuade them.” The Asa’nyx answered, her tone laced with focus as she continued to scan across the city, looking for any possible weakness in the renegade lines. Unfortunately, there was only so much her untrained eyes could see, being more used to picking out subtle details in order to identify officers and VIPs, rather than assessing the strategic utility of entire formations.

The skills didn’t exactly overlap, at least not in her case.

Just as she was about to sigh in frustration, reinforcements arrived just in time.

“Wow, finally.” Ivixa observed as Broka’s distinct, powerful voice was broadcast over comms, all while shuttles carrying more Black Sun enforcers began to land at various locations within the city. “They're late.” She added coldly.

However, her nostrils flared in consternation at the mention of conscripting civilians to join the fight in retaking the palace.

“Civilians?! Is he out of his mind?!” Ivixa began, her eyes wide with alarm at the thought of utilizing masses of civilians as cannon fodder to throw against the renegade lines surrounding the palace. “No, he can’t do that! That slug can’t just order people to fight in his gang war!” The Asa’nyx continued, her voice colored with anger as the prospect began to dawn on her.

Then, a short pause.

As a Special Agent in Blackwatch, Ivixa had authority, a not inconsiderable amount. Her security clearances allowed her access to classified information, in addition to the option to maintain a full company of personnel under her command, a mix of Death Squads and various subordinate agents, analysts, and other support personnel. While Ivixa had not yet taken advantage of such privileges, at the very least, her words might still carry weight.

Unfortunately, the Blackwatch Sniper didn’t have any such support here. However, she could at the very least, make a statement.

“Underboss, Blackwatch will continue to support this operation, but you and your associates follow that order at your own risk. Be warned that the Empire may sanction this action.” She declared.

“Now, let’s not waste any more time. We need to meet Goyrg at the rendevous.” The Asa’nyx added, before jumping down from the top of the office building, her repulsor pack slowing her descent as she landed in the street, in front of the Underboss. “We have gangsters to kill.” She hissed.

Silhana Lolaes'ra
5iSmE8u.png
Tags: Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy | Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt | Ivixa Nera'kas Ivixa Nera'kas | Arturo Braga Arturo Braga | Goyrg | Open
kyMYUQz.png
[ Last Battle ]
"Galactic Basic" | <"Mandalorian"> | ~"Telepathic" communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

"All right, all right, I get it!" I answered.

I nodded that he found my plan good, that they should be disturbed and thus attacked from multiple sides. We also seemed to get reinforcements that would arrive at the best possible time. However, what Broka said on the communication channel I was not very happy about. I was a bounty hunter, not a mindless mercenary or an assassin. I am bound by the laws of the states; if I don't follow them, I'll lose my license and endanger my House or the entire Guild.

I listened intently through Seven's response. So they are in crowded rows. Grenades are great in this case and the flamethrower can touch them very uncomfortably. However, there was something else here that did not let him rest. Broka's command. I contracted him to work with him only under legal conditions, nothing illegal. The current one, however, was morally very questionable. He wants to send those into war who he should protect!

"As a bounty hunter, however, I cannot take part in an action that goes against the laws of a particular government. I know that civilians cannot hold and use weapons within the Eternal Empire, just the tiered ones. The honour and reputation of my House and Guild is more important to me than the loss of a client." I said.

I was a bounty hunter and a Mandalorian, not a mercenary who killed anyone for money or a hobby. I lived by rules and the laws and I stuck to that. Now it all depended on the big snail…

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

5iSmE8u.png

Kit: KC-77N Hybrid Pistol, BR-212 'Jackal' ACR, Black Sun Armor Mark. I, vibroblade

"Goyrg, my old friend! Damn am I glad to hear your voice!" Arturo lied through his teeth. Having toggled over to the private channel a few moments before, it was with some considerable difficulty that he managed to hide the unease he felt at the arrival of his fellow Underboss. Keeping his tone jovial, he said, "Sounds good to me. I'll see who else I can round up on the way. See you there." Letting the line drop, Arturo let out a breath, two. His mind racing, he did what he could to calm his thoughts as Romi spoke tactics, strategy- whatever.

When she expressed her concerns about using civilians, Arturo could only shake his head in reply.

"This is Annaj, Agent. Civilization isn't very civilized here. 'Sides, it gets us the numbers we need to face the Rebel head-on." Listening further, the Underboss nodded at her next words. Is that so? "I understand. The Slug can cross that bridge when he gets to it. For now... do what you have to do. Both of you." Turning, he inclined his head to Lady Orchid. Mandos were big on honor and respect, right? Maybe Sil and Romi would appreciate the gesture. Or maybe they'd go on despising him for what he was- what they thought he was.

Not that he gave much thought as to their opinion of him. He had a job to do, after all. The job always came first.

Turning back, he watched warily as the sniper made her descent from the rooftop. Diminutive but deadly, the sudden appearance of Rominaria Seven brought back memories Arturo thought long forgotten. He had worked with one of her kind before, if memory served. What had that agent's name been? Cassidy? Chass-something-or-other? Delving back, it wasn't long before he gave up on remembering altogether. He had more pressing matters to attend to right now. Like breaking a siege.

"Just make sure they're not my gangsters." Arturo said, giving Romi a playful wink that she wouldn't be able to see through his visor, before signalling for two of his people to lead on. "Follow me."

5iSmE8u.png
Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Arturo Braga Arturo Braga

ppb24ObEJpWr6BefyzYOVMQpVKP1-lsh4mCTbPgIdA-_SCtIjdJutYuQPbgsi5ekL2TOGsDqXx_GFAPDxkmverZILvYwLDIHnBzTgG6T_nR_vr1CysBSMg94YqeDZ38GJRYFvH9g=s0

"As a bounty hunter, however, I cannot take part in an action that goes against the laws of a particular government. I know that civilians cannot hold and use weapons within the Eternal Empire, just the tiered ones. The honour and reputation of my House and Guild is more important to me than the loss of a client."

“I will ensure that no reprisal reaches you or your House, Huntress. Your opposition to these actions will be noted in my report.” Ivixa said the Twi’lek with a nod. ”So long as you do not partake in them, this is not your crime to answer for.” She continued. “That said, the Underboss has been made aware of what could come of this. We need not push the matter further. If you’re still planning to come, Huntress, we’ll need your help in retaking the palace. Unfortunately, even with the reinforcements, we’re still outnumbered”

Ivixa gave a soft sigh, before nodding to the Underboss and pulling the massive fusion rifle from her back as she did, in what could be interpreted as a mildly threatening gesture.

“Lead the way.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom