Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ivixa's Phase I "Glitter Ghost" Stealth Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
MaZYi5G.jpg
30mxZx.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Light Stealth Armor
  • Weight: Light
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Extreme
    • Kinetic: Extreme
    • Lightsabers: High
    • Radiation (Weaponized): Very Low
    • Acids/Corrosives: None
    • Sonic: Extreme
    • Pressure/Gravitational Force: None
    • EMP/Ion: Very High
    • The Force: Average
    • Extreme Heat (Weaponized): Very High
    • Extreme Cold (Weaponized): None
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Versatile: Although primarily intended as a stealth armor, the Glitter Ghost can also hold its own in many forms of heavy combat at close and medium ranges, due to its extreme resistance towards most conventional ranged weapon threats, especially energy weapons, slugthrowers, and even disruptors.
  • Personal Cloaking Device and Stealth Systems: Constructed with a personal cloaking device, anti-sensor detection systems, and sonic dampening systems, the Glitter Ghost is built first and foremost towards stealth applications. When combined with the tiny physical profile of the armor’s intended user and her well-honed skills as a stalker, the Glitter Ghost becomes a nigh-undetectable system and a potential force multiplier.
  • Neural Interface: The Glitter Ghost’s integrated neural interface allows Ivixa to control virtually all of the armor’s functions with only a thought, allowing her to more easily take advantage of her naturally-fast reaction time in combat and to activate systems at the speed of thought, which for her, is significantly faster than average.
  • Strength Augmentation: Although not to the same degree as a heavy power armor platform, the Glitter Ghost provides Ivixa with a considerable strength enhancement due to the energized and reactive polymers utilized in its construction, similar to the polymers utilized in Crushgaunts. This allows her to carry heavy weapons, ammunition, and other equipment with significantly more ease, while granting her the ability to challenge and overcome physically stronger opponents in hand-to-hand combat. It also lends her a substantial boost to mobility, athleticism, and running speed. Like virtually all systems in the armor, the reactive and energized polymers are linked directly to Ivixa’s neural interface to ensure maximum fluidity.
WEAKNESSES
  • Weaponized Radiation: While the Glitter Ghost is capable of protecting its wearer from background radiation in the environment, it does a poor job in protecting its wearer from weaponized radiation, due to it being far more concentrated than radiation in an environment or a vacuum.
  • Operational Limitations: Many of the Glitter Ghost’s combat utility features can not be used in conjunction with the personal cloaking device. These include the Faraday shield emitter, any wrist-mounted weapons, the liquid-cable launcher, and the repulsorlift systems. In addition, any ranged weapons in the user’s hands can not be discharged without deactivating the cloak, but they can still be aimed via the suit’s targeting systems while the cloak is active.
  • Electronics Dependent: While the Glitter Ghost is well-defended against EMP and Ion-based attacks due to its anti-Ion/EMP mesh construction and combat de-ionizer, in the event that these defenses are overwhelmed via especially powerful and concentrated EMP assault, the armor’s many electronics and utility features will be disabled, making it significantly easier for an attacker to advance into melee or close-quarters range, where Ivixa is extremely vulnerable.
  • Repulsorlift Limitations: Unlike a jetpack, the Glitter Ghost’s repulsor pack and similar repulsorlift system do not work in zero-G as under those conditions, there is no mass or gravity to push against.
  • Surface Damage: While the Glitter Ghost’s equipped Dream Sight possesses an extremely advanced surface-integrated passive reception array, any direct damage to the surface of the armor may diminish the effectiveness of the system due to the destruction of a number of passive micro-sensors. This also makes the Glitter Ghost somewhat maintenance-intensive, since after an engagement, especially one in which the armor sustains even a single direct hit, it must undergo concentrated repairs in order to restore the acuity of the passive reception array.
DESCRIPTION
Procured after it was found that Ivixa could not fit into any of the standard issue sizes for the Phase I and Phase II Haywire Armors, the Phase I “Glitter Ghost” Stealth Armor is an experimental design which was modified to fit Ivixa’s needs given her specialization as a sniper and diminutive physical frame, which presented unique challenges to the designers of the armor. The armor possesses a number of utility features which are designed to help Ivixa avoid close-quarters and melee combat, where she is at a distinct disadvantage due to her size. These include repulsor boots which allow her to ascend tall structures, a “Counter Shock” personal defense system which helps her escape from grappling attempts, and a wrist-mounted repulsor weapon to repel closing enemies.

In addition, the armor’s focus on stealth is an anti-CQC system in and of itself, featuring a personal cloaking device and a number of anti-sensor detection and sonic-nullification technologies which allow her to remain hidden. However, its primary focus is to allow Ivixa to conceal herself while she waits for an opportunity to create or take a shot at a given target.

The Glitter Ghost also possesses a number of practical features, including a module which turns the helmet completely transparent, save for the lights of her HUD. The utility belt also has a few survival features. However, the armor is not equipped for extended missions in the wilderness.

SUBMISSION MODIFICATION RECORD
July 11, 2020: Changed font from Trebuchet MS to Times New Roman. Edited formatting. Changed "Sensor System" by revamping the role of the "Low-Feedback" Module. Added Taozin Amulet. Added "Power Generation System", with Rylith Power Cell. Changed Manufacturer to Agents of Chaos. Replaced "Repulsor Boots" with Magnetic Boots. Added Repulsor Pack. Removed Errant Reference to Whimsy Shield. Added "General Equipment Mounting Hardpoint".

July 12, 2020: Moved "Incorporated Taozin Skin Nodule" from "Personal Cloaking Device" subsection to "Anti-Sensor Detection and Stealth" subsection. Removed "General Equipment Mounting Hardpoint". Added Phase III "Force Defender" Personal Energy Shield.

July 20, 2020: Changed font back to Trebuchet MS.

July 25, 2020: Rebuilt "Special Features" section from the ground up. Added Phase III "Dream Sight" Combat Electronics System, Neural Interface System. Removed a number of systems and features which are covered in the Dream Sight system.

August 15, 2020:

• Removed Weakness pertaining to the armor’s vulnerability in melee combat, replaced with general weakness to Radiation (Weaponized).
  • Boosted Lightsaber Resistance to [High] and added Radiation Resistance, set to [Low].
  • Added Strength regarding the Neural Interface System.
  • Added G1 OmniLink, Micro-Thrusters, S-30 “Retention” Anti-Disruption System, Thermoguard Bodyglove, Medical Weave, and Phase I “Susurration” Anti-Sonic Silencer under “General Systems” in Special Features.
  • Added B-11 “Greitis” Class Combat Boots under “Boots” in Special Features.
  • Replaced “Pure Rylith High-Capacity Power Cell” with “Micronized Sleg-Quintessence Kyber-Focused Reaction Cell (Synthetic Tobal Lens for Heat Exchange)” under General Systems.
  • Replaced “Reflec Coating” with “Shadowskin-Reflec Coating”
  • Removed the Phase III “Force Defender” Personal Energy Shield and replaced with “Personal Energy Shield Mounting Hardpoint (1)”.
  • Added “(Advanced Repulsor-Boost System for Rapid Ascension and Mobility)” next to Liquid Cable Launcher under “Left Wrist”
  • Added weakness for the repulsorlift systems.
  • Added weakness pertaining to the Dream Sight’s surface-integrated passive reception array.
  • Added strength for the Neural Interface Device.
  • Added “Energized and Reactive Polymer Underlay Construction (Advanced Strength Augmenting Features)” under “General Systems”.
  • Added Permissions for all non-Open Market technology (Sleg and Medical Weave) incorporated into the submission.

Last edited:
Hey there, Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta

First of all, thanks for taking the time to use the factory here for your submission. I'm going to be running through the review process on this sub with you.

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Scintillan Warsmiths Ltd.
  • Affiliation: Ivixa Nera’kas
If you would be so kind as to link the Manufacturer and the affiliation here, that would be amazing. Thanks

• Resistances:
    • Energy: Extreme
    • Kinetic: Extreme
    • Lightsabers: Low
    • Acids/Corrosives: None
    • Sonic: Extreme
    • Pressure/Gravitational Force: None
    • EMP/Ion: Very High
    • The Force: Average
    • Extreme Heat (Weaponized): Very High
    • Extreme Cold (Weaponized): None
Can you please clarify as to how a CryoBan rifle or flamethrower would damage this, but exposure to the same elements on a place like Mustafar or Hoth?

SPECIAL FEATURES
If you are going to be adding a "Unique" item in addition to initial sub, I'm going to ask that you please sub and link the submission to this submission. Thanks.

Please remember to tag me with any change/modifications you have made to this sub.

I was working under the assumption that the "cold" projected from a CryoBan rifle or grenade is significantly colder and more concentrated in a single area than what would presented on a planet like Hoth or Ilum. While the suit can protect the wearer from below freezing temperatures in an naturally-occurring environment, it can't do that when temperatures are pushed towards over a hundred degrees below freezing while also being concentrated in a smaller area. I guess the same would apply to something like a flamethrower.

I removed the reference to it being a Unique.

Jorik Valnora Jorik Valnora

Edit: I also went in and added a link to the affiliation but the manufacturer doesn't have a page yet.

Last edited:
Added more sensor types to the sensor suite, added a wrist computer system with associated subsystems, added a technology to the visual imaging suite, and added some anti-security technologies to the general utility system.

Jorik Valnora Jorik Valnora

Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta

That's perfectly fine. I just wanted to make sure I understood where the difference was being drawn between weaponized vs extreme conditions.

So before I go ahead and slap an approval on this, I just want to point out that this is actually coming out as 1 point underpowered for the production level. Feel free to up a rating if you like. Otherwise, I can go ahead and approve this. Just let me know what you decide

PRE-FACTORY TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Ivixa's Phase I "Glitter Ghost" Stealth Armor
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/ivixas-phase-i-glitter-ghost-stealth-armor.139405/
Reason for Pre-Factory Request: Redo/Freshen up formatting and add recently-approved component.

Moved to pre-factory per OP request.

Please remember to include a list of changes made when you tag a member of factory staff to move the submission back to live judgement.

This is ready for Live once more! Thank you again!

August 15, 2020:

John Locke John Locke

Last edited:
Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta

You still have spoilers in reply 16, we also do need a copy of the changelog from your previous edit which I have included below. The change log needs to be kept, but should not be kept in spoilers.

July 11, 2020: Changed font from Trebuchet MS to Times New Roman. Edited formatting. Changed "Sensor System" by revamping the role of the "Low-Feedback" Module. Added Taozin Amulet. Added "Power Generation System", with Rylith Power Cell. Changed Manufacturer to Agents of Chaos. Replaced "Repulsor Boots" with Magnetic Boots. Added Repulsor Pack. Removed Errant Reference to Whimsy Shield. Added "General Equipment Mounting Hardpoint".

July 12, 2020: Moved "Incorporated Taozin Skin Nodule" from "Personal Cloaking Device" subsection to "Anti-Sensor Detection and Stealth" subsection. Removed "General Equipment Mounting Hardpoint". Added Phase III "Force Defender" Personal Energy Shield.

July 20, 2020: Changed font back to Trebuchet MS.

July 25, 2020: Rebuilt "Special Features" section from the ground up. Added Phase III "Dream Sight" Combat Electronics System, Neural Interface System. Removed a number of systems and features which are covered in the Dream Sight system.

August 15, 2020:

• Removed Weakness pertaining to the armor’s vulnerability in melee combat, replaced with general weakness to Radiation (Weaponized).
  • Boosted Lightsaber Resistance to [High] and added Radiation Resistance, set to [Low].
  • Added Strength regarding the Neural Interface System.
  • Added G1 OmniLink, Micro-Thrusters, S-30 “Retention” Anti-Disruption System, Thermoguard Bodyglove, Medical Weave, and Phase I “Susurration” Anti-Sonic Silencer under “General Systems” in Special Features.
  • Added B-11 “Greitis” Class Combat Boots under “Boots” in Special Features.
  • Replaced “Pure Rylith High-Capacity Power Cell” with “Micronized Sleg-Quintessence Kyber-Focused Reaction Cell (Synthetic Tobal Lens for Heat Exchange)” under General Systems.
  • Replaced “Reflec Coating” with “Shadowskin-Reflec Coating”
  • Removed the Phase III “Force Defender” Personal Energy Shield and replaced with “Personal Energy Shield Mounting Hardpoint (1)”.
  • Added “(Advanced Repulsor-Boost System for Rapid Ascension and Mobility)” next to Liquid Cable Launcher under “Left Wrist”
  • Added weakness for the repulsorlift systems.
  • Added weakness pertaining to the Dream Sight’s surface-integrated passive reception array.
  • Added strength for the Neural Interface Device.
  • Added “Energized and Reactive Polymer Underlay Construction (Advanced Strength Augmenting Features)” under “General Systems”.

Added Permissions for all non-Open Market technology (Sleg and Medical Weave) incorporated into the submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom