Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Q&A

[member="Lily Kuhn"]

I apologize for tagging Cira, I value everyones opinion. I know Cira does not make any decisions but she has good ideas and thoughts that have helped with decisions. If she had the time and willingness to offer feedback to my idea that may improve or simplify it for a way best fit for you guys to understand I would admire that.

As the bold text says "I want to make a Company, a Subsidiary of Kuat Drive Yards called "Kuat Crystal Solutions" and I wanted to grow Custom and Star Wars Canon Crystals. This included Lightsaber-able Crystals and Stygium Crystals (Company Tier 5/6 Specialization)."

I would like to have a company that sells custom crystals, lightsaber crystals, and stygium crystals. I don't know if my custom crystals will need to be on the Restricted Materials list, but I don't plan to make anything powerful. It's basically fluff/story.

I assume selling Lightsaber Crystals without any need to go to their location might come off as iffy.

[member="Kuat Drive Yards"]
A company that sells crystals is fine. The crystals themselves will be balanced through the approval process. Stygium crystals can be sold at whatever production your tier allows.

[member="Lily Kuhn"]

Alright, sorry about that. I guess I had my idea around the times we needed dev threads at specific locations for Lightsaber Crystals. Sorry about that, guess that's all toned down now. I'm always late to the party (realization) haha.... thanks again Lily. I'm sorry for everyone I tagged. But new crystals would be Species.... right?

[member="Lily Kuhn"]

So I was thinking about making a canon item that would really fit along with Qaarssk's character. Basically I was planning on having a/the weapon that Qyzen Fess (who is one of the companions from SWTOR for whichever Jedi class I forget) used. The problem is that the weapons that he uses in the game are known as techblades but the problem just from going to the wookieepedia page is that there's basically no information on the makeup or what they can really do. From what I've seen/read from some places though is that they're essentially "rebranded" vibroblades/vibroswords that are only used by a few particular characters and they seem to be used in the same way as the before-mentioned vibro weapons. With that, I was just wondering if I could have the strengths/weaknesses/general elements of the techblade be the same or at least similar to those of a vibrosword?

I've got a subsidiary with the operations "Mining and Transportation"; would it be possible for a ship/station produced by its parent company, specifically to fulfil one of those operations, to be counted as a use of company operations for the subsidiary? (It would, of course, only be used as a "use of company operations" for one of the companies.)

Adrian Vandiir said:
I've got a subsidiary with the operations "Mining and Transportation"; would it be possible for a ship/station produced by its parent company, specifically to fulfil one of those operations, to be counted as a use of company operations for the subsidiary? (It would, of course, only be used as a "use of company operations" for one of the companies.)
No.

Orn'om

O
Would Semi-Unique or Limited production be more appropriate as the affiliation if we decided to use an Organization from the new Lore Section as the only affiliation? Example, I made a ship but it was only made for House Skirata

Secondly, can we use Organizations rather than companies as Manufacturers for items that aren't necessarily sold? For example(sorry for all the Mando examples), if I had a Mandalorian who had his armor made by someone in his clan, or if that clan specifically made a particular kind of weapon?

Zeke Farthen said:
Would Semi-Unique or Limited production be more appropriate as the affiliation if we decided to use an Organization from the new Lore Section as the only affiliation? Example, I made a ship but it was only made for House Skirata
It depends on how big it is. If it's a dozen or so people, semi-unique works fine. If it's any larger than use limited.

Zeke Farthen said:
Secondly, can we use Organizations rather than companies as Manufacturers for items that aren't necessarily sold? For example(sorry for all the Mando examples), if I had a Mandalorian who had his armor made by someone in his clan, or if that clan specifically made a particular kind of weapon?
If the production doesn't go beyond semi unique/limited, sure.

Orn'om

O
For companies (especially large T5 and T6 companies) is it safe to say that the entire system of their headquarters could reasonably be under their influence? In other words, could I put a facility on some moon or uninhabited world in the system that my headquarters is in even if its not explicitly under my "Locations"?

Orn'om

O
As per the new production ruling semi-unique now applies to unique squadrons of fighters rather than a flat 10 characters. If one were to make a type of fighter that was meant to only be used as the fighter compliment of a particular ship and said ship was also semi-unique would it be safe to say that the semi-unique fighters could be on said semi-unique capital ship? Or would that be a bump up to limited production for the starfighter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom