Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Q&A

[member="Kuat Drive Yards"]
  • Sign a contract with at least one faction or organization. (May be NPC)
  • Display one example of company growth in influence and/or finances OR territorial expansion.
  • Display one use of company operations.
  • Sign a contract with one faction or organization (this can be an NPC group). You can decide what your contract is for, like an order for something your company produces.
  • A thread where your company has some form of financial gain or where your company attempts to grow in influence (like participating in charities or corporate espionage, or pretty much any form of growth); alternatively a codex location submission or thread expanding to a new location.
  • A thread where your company utilizes one of its operations; alternatively a factory or codex submission which uses your company's operation(s) to create. (Like a starship submission for a starship company).

Zahori Denko said:
[member="Jamie Pyne"] Where on the sub tho? I don't think I've seen any on any sub
When a company reaches tier 6 they can request it be added with their modification request. Otherwise, they need to request it if they forgot to do so for tier 6.

If it is not in the company submission then they cannot submit any restricted materials at limited production until they've made the request and it has been added to the submission. When it is added it is placed in the submission with yellow text in order to make sure it isn't missed.
Example:
f1a211ce2869fa68d163ced7c4a796fd.png

Two questions.

1: Why are hyperdrives important in ship submissions if no space battle between fleets has had the hyperdrive's rating be important?

2: Suppose I want to take some of my past approved ships and update them to Factory 5.0. Can I:

A: Submit a modification request to completely revise the sub to 5.0?
B: Ask for the submission to be moved to the factory so I can completely revise the sub to 5.0 and get it reapproved?

If both options are doable, which would be recommended?

Vanessa Vantai said:
Two questions.

1: Why are hyperdrives important in ship submissions if no space battle between fleets has had the hyperdrive's rating be important?

2: Suppose I want to take some of my past approved ships and update them to Factory 5.0. Can I:

A: Submit a modification request to completely revise the sub to 5.0?
B: Ask for the submission to be moved to the factory so I can completely revise the sub to 5.0 and get it reapproved?

If both options are doable, which would be recommended?
1.) Only the ones for Starfighter submissions are, because not having one requires it to take up hangar space. Not having one for a capital ship is, for the most part, the only time it really will effect a capital ship (except for really fast ones) as it provides a submitter with an easy weakness to use if they go up a rating or have an uneven amount of strengths.

2.)
A.) I'd rather you just submit it as a new submission, but this will be decided on a case-by-case basis.it really depends on how much is changing.
B.) Yes. Submit a request as per usual and summarize your changes and state your desire to have it pulled.

Keep in mind that your submissions are not guaranteed to be approved if they aren't balanced after edits are done.

I am going to echo Lily on this point. If you completely revise your submission, editing out prior armaments, defenses, etc, it will be treated as a new submission and subject to complete re-review, regardless of what was previously approved and grandfathered under old rules, so take this into consideration before doing this.

[member="Vanessa Vantai"]

Orn'om

O
What defines a "Group" with limited production? It says "only one group, not entire factions" but is a group as broad as "Tier 6 companies can use this" or is it "this specific unit right here is the only group to have access" or somewhere in between?

Azula Merr said:
When subbing a rocket launcher that will use custom ordnance, how does one sub that ordnance? Like, what template would it fall under?
Used the ranged weapon template and for any field that isn't applicable you can just put N/A or "This is Ammunition".

Zeke Farthen said:
What defines a "Group" with limited production? It says "only one group, not entire factions" but is a group as broad as "Tier 6 companies can use this" or is it "this specific unit right here is the only group to have access" or somewhere in between?
It's closer to an in-between, but a company should be covered by limited production.

I assume that a company can only use the Capitalism Reigns mandate to start at T3 once the next map update has gone through and staff has updated the mandate thread? Rather than from the moment that a faction puts in a request in the map update thread.

Itash Mecetti said:
I assume that a company can only use the Capitalism Reigns mandate to start at T3 once the next map update has gone through and staff has updated the mandate thread? Rather than from the moment that a faction puts in a request in the map update thread.
That is the current process, yes. It isn't approved until the mandate list has been updated.

Relevant Tags​
[member="Cira"] [member="Lily Kuhn"] [member="Jamie Pyne"] [member="Tefka"] [member="Zeradias Mant"] [member="Allyson Locke"]​
(Codex also tagged as custom crystals may need to be submitted via Species)​

Greetings, Chaos. I've been planning something for a very long time. At least a few months.... Let me check. About four. When I first asked the question, I didn't really know where to ask, so I poked Lily Kuhn Convo

Who directed me to Jamie, which was appropriate. I hadn't poked Jamie because I knew she was quite busy, as she always is. Doing awesome work! Convo

zoGcppe.png
Unfortunately, Jamie was busy and burnt out, so I paused on it for awhile. Now, there's not much more planning, I'm really about to go through with it. Let's cut to the chase.

I want to make a Company, a Subsidiary of Kuat Drive Yards called "Kuat Crystal Solutions" and I wanted to grow Custom and Star Wars Canon Crystals. This included Lightsaber-able Crystals and Stygium Crystals (Company Tier 5/6 Specialization).

Hold on! I don't mean I want to be Oprah and throw Gems at everyone! Whew. My general plan is thus...

Non-Unique/Extremely Rare Star Wars Canon Crystals: Mass-Produced
Lightsaber-able Star Wars Canon Crystals (Non-Unique/Extremely Rare): Minor Production (Possibly require a Thread)
Custom Crystals (Possibly Available as Lightsaber-able): Mass-Produced

The validity of this is already real, all it takes is the environmental conditions of the real world, and a contained ecosystem (Basically, a laboratory). But it's not Synthetic.

-----> Original Link <-----

R0T84y8.png

uCchS2V.png

G9Y8f78.png

dZPI9z2.png

oSafNat.png

OBlALKq.png

8meE0xI.png

Originally, with the different ruleset we had, I was planning to just be another way for people to write up threads, instead of having to make a dev thread into hostile environments. Still, this didn't mean everyone got off scott free, they would still have to write a thread with us if they wanted a crystal from KDY. It would have a price, relations matter, story matters, KDY might even refuse the order if the gem was too precious/rare/etc. Now, with no development threads, and I'm not looking to make the unique or maximum rarity crystals, it's all just story. I'm not going to submit any Star Wars canon crystals to alter them, just offer another window for them. I may make "spin-offs" meaning altered crystals, and that's something to think about. I understand some of the crystals are wild. New Non-Essential Guide to Lightsaber Crystals -> Lava Crystal is described as having a lava drip, but we don't recognize that. I agree with this.

I won't make outrageous new lightsaber crystals. Probably just different colors. Any that might be "special" (i.e. Electrical Effect - Firkrann, Creates a narrow, precise blade - Velmorite, Improved cutting power - Sigil, and so on) I will not Mass-Produce, and may even require a thread to whoever I sell it to (At Judges Discretion). Honestly, the only heavy thing I feel I will be doing, is the Stygium Crystal, which I will only grow with the Company RM Specialization. I have linked the Factory Judges, as this is under a physical identity of a lab growing crystals. I have linked Tefka, as I think but I don't know if he still comes in for super decisions, if this is super at all, Idon't know, might be. And I have tagged Codex Judges because I do want to try and grow crystals in a manner that alters the original result that may birth something new. i.e. a new crystal species.

Not Synthetic, but grown.

"These gemstones have the same physical, chemical, and optical properties as mined gems do. We don’t “make” gems. We control the environment so that crystals can grow naturally: recreating the conditions in which gems grow in the earth.

The process of growing gem crystals in a laboratory rather than mining them is a bit like making ice in your freezer instead of finding it in a lake. You place the starter material, water, in a container, and put the container into a controlled environment: your freezer. Create the right conditions of temperature and time and ice crystals will form. The freezer ice will usually be cleaner and more perfect than lake ice because you can carefully control the environment. But it’s still ice, just like the ice that forms in nature. In a way, what we do is a sophisticated high-tech version of freezing water to form ice."

Please let me know your opinions and decisions as soon as possible.

[member="Kuat Drive Yards"]
Cira is not a member of staff, nor a part of the factory. Please refrain from tagging people who are not involved in decision making positions here.

That out of the way..

Are you asking if you can make crystals that will be, more or less, added to a restricted list of some sort that we (the factory) would then require future submitters to utilize development threads to use in their own submissions?

Or are you asking if the concept of a company that grows crystals is fine?

I'm not really sure what, exactly, is your question - or at least, a question that requires an answer from the factory/codex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom