Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expedition: Dragonflower | CIS Dominion of Hex (T, 43)

Objective: Training With Daughter
Tags: [member="Emberly Carrick"],

Holding a small knife, I let it fly through my fingers. Twisting and turning over one another for it to be flipping around in my hand. It suddenly stopped only to be thrown with my natural strength across a distance of ten meters and slamming home into a target. The knife blade thwaking into the target and vibrating for a second or two. Turning to the little girl by my side, I knelt down for just a bit to hand her a knife of the same size. Indicating the target, I motioned to her about it.

"I am going to teach you how to do that. To throw a knife so that you can land with the blade into the target, as well as hitting the target with the grip."

First, I grabbed her hand and held it out. Placing the knife in her small grasp. While the knife may be large on her right now, if she trained with the same knives for a long time, then over time, she will be used to them, and will grow to understand how they work and function. The grip was in her hand.

"The handle is also called a grip. On the bottom of the grip, it can be called the Butt, or pommel. However, those are terms for another day. The sharp and pointy end is the blade, and tip. Those are the areas where they can do damage to your target. They are very sharp so be careful with them."

Taking a hold of my own knife, I held it against my arm. Currently covered in a jacket, I showed her that the knife cut through the sleeve of the jacket. How sharp it is. How dangerous it could be. Either in the right, or the wrong hands. I didn't cut myself, just the jacket, but I still showed her. Lacing my finger through the hole. Then pointing to the target, I extended my hand. The target slid towards us so that it was barely five meters from her.

"You remember how I showed you to grip a throwing knife right? By the blade. Pinch the blade with your fingers. Don't grip it. And then take aim, and throw just hard enough to land into the target."

Asher continued toward the sound of the waterfall. The woods were thicker this way and seemed to be private. It would be very easy to get lost in the peace and quiet of the place. It was very tranquil and calm. Asher just kept walking. His mind was everywhere but where he was at. The man was usually always in the present looking for danger, but today he was finally free.

There was a cliff, an outcropping of rock which hovered of the water below. A small fishing line with a hook was pulled from the pouch on his belt. A survival kit was always worn on his belt in case he truly did get lost in the forest. Survival was something Asher knew a lot about. He was a survivor haunted by the deaths he’d escaped seemingly unscathed.

He smiled as he sat along the cliff. The line was cast into the pool of water with a large splash. His hook should not have made that large of splash. Someone must have jumped into the water. It was going to scare the fish away.

”You’re gonna scare the fish away,” he hollered out to whoever had jumped. His eyes were keen to see who it was, but they had already swam off. Hopefully he would catch something. Asher wanted fish for lunch.

[member="Vyra Silara"]

Location: Within one deep, dank, dark, and cold cave in the mountains
Interacting With: ???
Objective: ???

A foot lays down within the cave, and the formation of crystal has been stirring, humming in response to...something. It has no sense to discern what or whom causes it to call out, nor whether it is friend or foe that comes, but as the newcomer approaches, the opaque nature of the crystal begins to fade, though it is too dark to see the clarity offered on its contents. Cave rock that grasped it begins to acquire hairline fractures, due to the vibrations it gives off becoming stronger by each moment as it yearns to break free, shatter, or take flight, making the surrounding area above, below, and around the cave buzz. Microscopic bugs hang on for dear life, or attempt to flee, but birds in several nearby trees flock away in fear of the seeming tectonic disturbance to this parcel of landscape.

All the while the crystal has continued to clear, and a shadowed, furled face appears in the crystal, to be seen if given light; the man within dreams an endless dream in the crystal sleep, of loves, cares, victories, and defeats. Of loss, and hope, while the marred expression on his face tells a different tale, of physical hurt, but he is unaware of the temporary stay on his wound-pain that could come to an end, nor the pain far beyond the physical that his near future has in store, for the centuries of unconsciousness have transcended the awareness of time and the injuries carved into his flesh. For now he sleeps, even when the cave rock shatters with a bang, and the crystal encasement thuds on the cave floor, continuing to vibrate and hum.

And dance, oh dance the encasement did! There was no stillness under duress of such hearty vibes, and it skittered an erratic waltz; tiny cracks began to form in it, too.

[member="Ahani Najwa"]

It then seemed not get a response and with boredom set in after seeing a long hiatus with what seems a wide new planet before her. Sam figured to wing it and although keep the com open. She turns gun the engine and make a pass by the planet once and gathering as much intel she could. Opening the ship scanners to map out much of the space she could. Figure if nothing else she could both make for an interesting intel as well a better way find a new market to try out after.

Valgærd

I stood next to Zeph, my dragon plushie tucked under one arm.

Watching him closely, I studied the way he gripped the knife, watching silently as he suddenly threw it into the target. Even though I’d been studying him, I still let out a gasp of surprise as it landed solidly into the target. He spoke, telling me he was going to teach me to throw a knife like that. I took a tiny step back, squeezing the dragon that purred in response.

“Oh-okay…” I murmured softly.

He took my hand. My fingers, so much smaller then his, curled around the handle of the knife. As he did, he spoke again, telling me what it was called. It was… actually nice to be reminded that I had to be careful with it. Of course I knew the pointy end from the handle—er—grip, the scar on my neck was proof enough of that.

But Zeph was different. He didn’t want me to get hurt, he wanted to protect me. That felt… nice. I nodded as I held the blade away from myself carefully. I looked up to him as he took out his own knife, my eyes growing wide as it cut so easily through his jacket sleeve. I couldn’t help but giggle as he stuck his finger through the hole, I couldn’t help it… it reminded me of a little worm sticking its head out of the ground. But I quickly smothered the chuckle and forced a serious face,

“I understand, Zeph.” I replied with a nod.

He then moved his hand towards the target, using what he’d told me was the force to being it closer. I turned my attention to it as he spoke, telling me what to do. Without taking my eyes off the target, I reached up with my other hand and held out Mr. Snuggles to him,

“Could you hold this, please?”

Then I did what he said. Being very, very careful, I pinched the blade between my thumb and index fingers, looking to the target and closing one eye. Pinch it, don’t grip it. I looked at the target, placing my opposite hand out to guide my aim. The knife felt heavy, especially pinching it the way I was.

Then I threw it… probably a little harder than I should have.

[member="Zephyr Carrick"]

[member="Yuca Najwa-Keth"]

The crystal sang.

It discoloured and cleared.

My feet touch on the cave floor and I stop to feel the shiver of a raucous vibration. The face is not cruel, but mighty. Grey, but soft in a way his father was not.

Or his father’s father. Or… infinitely back to the source of whom I once loved. My gasp fills the chamber, resonating with the cracks in the crystal.

“Wait…” My feet walk to the crystal’s edge, hands splayed on the fissuring material. “Wait… I know your face… I know your face!”

The scream which rises from my throat echoes across the cavern and thunders into the crystal.

“YUCA!”

The crystal will shatter. The crystal will shatter!

The crystal…

Objective: Training With Daughter
Tags: [member="Emberly Carrick"],

The little girl always warmed my heart. Clutching her stuffed dragon as I explained how to use the knife to her. She was a fast learner. Even first teaching her about how its okay to fight back, and its okay to be herself, she was still slowly taking to it, mostly due to her being unsure of herself. I wanted to teach her that she is capable. I wanted to show her that she is a girl who could go very far in the universe. Taking a hold of the pet for her, I stayed crouched down and held the pet in one hand. Watching Emmie as she pinched the knife like I told her.

Looking at the target, I could see from the side of my vision as she attempted to throw like I did. Her frame wasn't standing quite right, and she threw too much over handed. That added way to much power into her throw. The idea isn't to throw with strength, but with accuracy. While the knife got close and hit the target, it didn't hit with the blade. It smacked into the target.

Turning to her to see the reaction, I reached out with the force and pulled both knives back to my hand. I clutched one. Stuffing the dragon under my armpit, I then held out the knife to her again. However, before handing it to her, I spoke.

"It was a good attempt. Throw it with less force, and try to aim for the target. Throwing accuracy, is more important than throwing strength."

Tossing the blade up, I caught the blade of the knife in my hand. presenting the grip to the little girl, I indicated for her to try once more before I would start to show her how to throw more correctly. My thoughts of showing her how she was throwing incorrectly, so she can see how it didn't do the job required, and when showing her correctly, would be an incentive to perform better.

"Try it again hun."

Dragonflower

HMEV Celestial Duchess
[member="Srina Talon"]

"Excellent."

Nysana was pleased with the timely arrival of Her Majesty of Eshan's vessel the Celestial Duchess there in the Dragonflower Nebula. The ship descended through and headed for the planet, "are you sure your sister is here, m'lady?" A young sailor had asked.

"I am quite certain, not only has my instinct never served me wrong with my sister but the force pulls me here and I can feel her aura." Nysana narrowed her gaze on the holocharts, "there." A slender finger with a well-manicured nail touched part of the holo. "Take us down and activate atmospheric mode two."

"Right away."

She took her seat there in the center of the bridge, a cursed smile made its appearance upon her lips. "I would pity those around Srina, but they do not know her the way I know my sister." Those poor unfortunate souls.

Dragons123.png

He was a Moderate before.

Careful. Deliberate. Restrained. Those who had seen fit to introduce him to the Dark Side did so in a manner that was...orthodox. His initial Master, Gregor Gideon, was an Imperial first - just as his Apprentice was a Mandalorian first. His tutelage, however brief, scratched only the surface of what the Darkness was capable of. Of what it wanted. Likewise, Darth Metus' true Master was the most unique woman who ever walked the stars. She was a master of commerce and purpose who seldom used traditional methods to see her aims met. Where the average Sith might seek to use raw power to solve a problem, Rave Merrill turned to the Forge.

As did her Apprentice.

And for this reason, the sole barrier that stood between Darth Metus and the abyss were the chains of Mandalore. Restraint in the name of his people's hatred. Caution because they once loathed the Sith. Care in the hopes of not being hated. But in a single instant, those chains were broken - the battle of Maramere had been just the right cacophany to see the old Code fulfilled. The rage of his own apprentice became his own. The vendetta of children laid low before her eyes became the spark that ignited his inferno. Darth Metus immersed himself deeper than he ever had before, casting away everything but purpose.

Anything or anyone who stood in his path were destroyed.

Including his own flesh and blood.

When he came to...he felt numb. Hollow. He felt like doing nothing more than shutting up the walls of the Well and forsaking the light of day. He was silent. And no matter what he did, he could hear the whisper of his sibling's voice at the edge of his mind. Her final curse before fading into the Manda. His sentence for the sin of diving into the Black headfirst. He was soulless - devoid of a place in their afterlife. It mattered not how large a bite he took out of the collective consciousness...it mattered not if he spent the rest of this life atoning for the crime, his fate was sealed. The chains he broke were more than mere restraints, they were his salvation.

And now that was gone. He could only move forward.

This day, in truth, Darth Metus was the furthest from one hundred percent. Though he would never allow his peers and colleagues to see, there was pain underneath the mask he donned today. The only soul who had a full and complete understanding of his agony was the alabaster woman at his side. And while he writhed against the blood on his hands...there was nothing but silence on the part of his Apprentice. Their Bond, since returning home from Maramere, had been the quietest it had ever been. Their playful jabs and loving nudges had come to a halt. The morning touch of acknowledging their being awake had come to a close.

Darth Metus was lost to the murder of his sibling.

[member="Srina Talon"] was lost to...he couldn't even tell. He couldn't tell if it was his own grief that was driving her to silence. He couldn't tell if she was taking in his own pain and making it her own. He couldn't tell if she was afraid of what they were capable of - if there was genuine fear due to there being no line. Who could they hurt if even family wasn't even spared? How far could they go? They...He wanted to talk this through. To bring some semblance of warmth and confidence back to his Apprentice. The silence was deafening, and he hoped that this excursion would help. Even if it was a tiny bit.

At the outset of the journey, [member="Ahani Najwa"] flew by. Literally. And in her wake, Anandi was left upon the ground. Abandoned, not as an insult, but as a testament of who the Echani Elder was. She was a leaf upon the wind, blown in whatever direction her past or state of mind dictated. And when the dust blew, there was nothing on Earth that could keep her from flying. Such was it that she could drop anything and not think about it until much later. Darth Metus scoffed and placed his boot underneath the hilt of the weapon, kicking it up into his waiting grasp. "What am I going to do with you?" he said, shaking his head amidst a scoff.

Anandi's form, scabbard and all, bit into the dirt in that moment. The blade impaled the earth and stood, waiting for her Master to return. She would not forget the weapon on this rock - and if she did, it certainly wasn't going anywhere.

Do you think they'll be all right...Without us?

"I'm sure they'll be fine. Besides, we're hoofing it. If anything went down, we wouldn't be too far away." he said, his tone alive with confidence. In truth, Darth Metus sincerely doubted anything would go awry. But the Confederacy was not daft. The presence of some of their most notable faces, in addition to a cadre of battle droids, spoke volumes. They were optimistic, but prepared for anything.

North.

The Sith took Srina's sudden response as a good sign. Perhaps this was exactly what the doctor had ordered. As she and his Hapan apprentice, [member="Er'in Tenel"], bantered over the comms, he took a moment to secure the laces on his boots. "Why would you want a statue in the middle of nowhere? Wouldn't something grand in Golbah City be more worthy of you?" The sarcasm was so thick it belonged in Bittieland. Rising, he claimed one of the two water bottles and slipped his fingers through hers.

"Should I have brought swim trunks then?" he said, before leading the way forward.

And in but a few minutes hike, they'd find themselves amongst the vibrance. Green as far as the eye can see. A river racing down alongside them, headed to a forested waterfall. It wasn't a long way down - safe enough to dive in.

Safe enough for just [member="Vyra Silara"] to be herself.

Dragons123.png

Location: New World [Moving away from Base Camp to Vyra Silara near the Riverfront]
Standing Near: [member="Darth Metus"] & [member="Vyra Silara"] & Perhaps [member="Asher Mossa"]
Wearing: This
Quote: "I am afraid to think what I have done. What I may do. I dare not look upon it again."

Dragons123.png

Silver eyes took in their foreign surroundings as a silent inquisition. Before Maramere, she would have found joy in an unspoiled world such as this. She would have been one of the first off the ship, and definitely, wouldn’t have thought to linger near the camp. As it stood she was still afraid to let her guard down even the smallest amount. That was when their enemy had always struck. When they were weak, least expecting it, and or complacent. [member="Darth Metus"] reassured her that everything would be all right and cherry blossom lips pressed together into a thin line.

She wanted to believe him, only, their people had a habit of finding trouble where there was none to be had. The CIS were an inquisitive bunch. They seemed to view clear signs of danger as the possibility for adventure, whereas, it was truly placing a limiter on their life expectancy. There was a difference between being fearlessness and foolishness. The Confederacy, as a whole, seemed not to know which was which.

Her eyes followed [member="Ahani Najwa"] as she literally flew overhead. Her Master had picked up the sword she’d carelessly tossed to the ground and the Echani Apprentice watched as he used it to spear the earth. Srina could not pinpoint the relationship that her Master held with Ahani. It was complicated, lengthy, and after what she had seen on Stewjon far more corporeal than she’d initially thought. Nevertheless, physicality was a trait of her people. Hopefully, the dark-skinned man understood the Elder Echani, because Srina was definitely lacking the particular skill set needed to do so.

She busied herself speaking with [member="Er'in Tenel"] over the comms while they waited to begin a little exploration of the nearby natural attractions. Her stubborn Hapan royal would no doubt find something interesting to occupy her time with, of that she had little doubt, but she did wonder if she would return to them with all of her fingers and toes still attached. Hearing that the auburn-haired beauty was rock climbing, Srina’s lips fell into a frown. “I hope your footwear it suitable.”

Not, high heels.

Her curiosity was stoked just a little though. This planet hadn’t really radiated any signs of organized sentience or significantly advanced lifeforms. There were animals, certainly, but not the kind that could reason and negotiate. Srina heard a ping and raised her wrist to utilize the basic HUD that was included with her comms to look at the images Er’in had posted. Silver eyes flickered. “That is a find…Did you send the coordinates as well? Please, document anything you think might be worthwhile. I would like to see it first-hand later on. If daylight permits.”

Her Master made a good point about where to place the memorial, should Er’in fall to an untimely death, and she nodded her head, entirely missing his sarcasm. He was dead-on, of course. The beauty of her fellow apprentice did not belong hidden in a place where few would ever see it. She felt shame, for not clarifying in the first place, where and how they would memorialize her. “Forgive me, Er’in. Our Master is right. We would place a statue of your likeness somewhere with much more foot traffic. I could probably convince [member="Aryn Teth"] to let us erect another in Coruscant if you wished it.”

Not at all seeming to notice that the conversation had turned very macabre, very quickly, the nigh emotionless warrior merely continued on with the discussion as if they were talking about the weather. Her attention was snared when Darth Metus linked their fingers together, and out of habit, she loosely held on to a few of them. “You do realize that I am not clumsy, correct? A little uneven ground will not hinder my movement.”

Srina moved forward as needed, her footsteps sure, but light—as if to prove her point. When he asked if he ought to have brought swim clothes she tilted her head, looking down at the thick sweater she wore, before back at her Master. What was the obsession people had with hiding themselves during events in which more clothing only hindered their ability to move efficiently? She obliged the whims of the many, by dressing appropriately, as the attendant droids handled her wardrobe, but it still felt highly irregular. “Unnecessary, Master.”

Soon enough they found a river. Not only that, but a less than modest Queen of Relovian, and the Echani tilted her head as she peered through the greenery in silent contemplation. Shrugging off the potential of impropriety she merely continued to the water’s edge, unaware, if her master had noticed the artistically stunning form of [member="Vyra Silara"]. Her salutation would ring across the top of the water, as if they were having tea, versus accidentally participating in impromptu voyeurism. “Greetings, majesty.”

“Your form is most symmetrical. You should, perhaps, think about having your genetic code saved for cloning. Either that, or, you should reproduce. Many times.”

The little Echani drew away from her Master, only slightly, to evaluate a flower that seemed to flourish from the nutrients offered by the riverbed. Perhaps, it was some sort of lily? Interestingly enough it was a very vibrant shade of royal purple. Srina pulled a datapad from her back pocket and began to photograph the nymphaeaceae from a few different angles.

Nevermind, that Vrya may or may not be caught in the background.

The pale woman paused in mid-motion when she felt something achingly familiar. A sense of something, of someone, that should not be this far from home extremely close by. It reminded her of the sound of steel, the sound of men and women rushing forward into the fray, of a hearth burning bright, and finally of children at play. It reminded her of everything she thought, for so long, that she had lost when taking to the stars. Srina had left many things on Eshan with the intention of keeping them safe. She had given up the life she loved, the family she adored, and the only existence she knew. Yet...A piece of her recent past had arrived. Hurtling through the void, in a ship or otherwise, Srina would know that which was most dear to her.

[member="Nysana Talon"]. Why had she come? Had House Eägon gotten to her too? Just as they had manipulated their Aunt?

"Tellu..*Onónë..." [*Sister...], Srina breathed, slowly straightening her spine, as her gaze turned to the east. Her words would be cryptic. The last few groups that had come to do the bidding of the man that wanted the land her family called home had returned to Eshan weighing significantly less than they had upon their departure. Slowly, the Echani steeled herself. Even if her little Tellu had come of her own devices, of her own choice, she was certain there would be a mountain of things to say. Rather, there would be hours, in which she would repeatedly dodge her sisters' fists. Likely, until she could lift them no more. "Master...It would best, I believe, that you not get involved. They may see you as a deterrent. Something they need to go through."

Dragons123.png

An image to the North, where [member="Srina Talon"] and Isley Verd walked.
Wounded, burned by fires of her and [member="Nemesis Nemonus"]' making.
Gin'ika stood, a testament to the sins of [member="Darth Metus"], for one moment blocking his path.
'Dar'jetii...'
A sister's voice. A brother's voice.
Ginnie and Rigard.
The tandem of infinite voices in chorus.
'Dar'manda'
A whisper upon the wind, and with the whisper the ever fading drum beat of Ginnie Verd's dying heart.
Thub.
Thub dub...
The dragon of flame Ginnie Verd in the prime of her battle controlled, flew forward and bit at Metus, his sister's death scream searing the air.
The dragon and the esper disappeared.

Dragonflower Nebula

The New World
[member="Srina Talon"]

With her world asunder, Nysana made haste from the ship with a small force behind her.

It was not enough that Srina had departed their world, it was not enough that the man who sought her would take her absence for an answer. No, Dalantus of House Eägon had come for the entirety of their house. Including the next in line and in the back of her mind all that she could see all she could hold onto were the faces of her wife and daughter. Their deaths tore through her heart bleeding an unholy blight upon her once spirited soul. Each step brought the woman closer to her sister, and each step she turned life to death the flowers began to wilt and a stench of death was not far behind. Fallen angel, tell me why, what is the reason for the thorn in your eye? Why must you break me so, do you not know what you hath unleashed? The beauty of this new world was not for long, not with Nysana Tellu Talon on a warpath for her dear sister she demanded a price, an answer.

Nysana stood still for a brief moment, the aura grew stronger and she pulled at the force Vail.

And so while [member="Ginnie Verd"] appeared from the North in her spirited form, Srina's younger sister arrived from the South.

The small token force that had accompanied Nysana bore the markings of House Talon guards. Pale-faces moved through the lush world with haste trailing behind her. She followed the river and the force until she could knew without a doubt who laid ahead of her. You broke the promise and made me realize that it was all a lie.

You promised me that you would always be there, Vail.

You. Lied.

The Echani let forth a force scream aimed at her sister.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-dKft5lsgE[/media]

Location: Within one deep, dank, dark, and cold cave in the mountain

Interacting With: [member="Yuca Najwa-Keth"]

6mZsRqu.jpg
It was then after making a few yet quick scout pass of the place she then finds a decent spot to land as she then makes her decent on the planet. Once on the ground she then punches in and enters to lock a secure com line between her ship and her personal com. Which hear a few beeps and grow from the new Astromech she'd just pick up during one here salvage run made her turn face it.

"Aww, don't worry there ... I'll try to be quick about it and just do a quick scout trip ok? Nothing you need worry about besides....who knows maybe if I hit a good find down there we can get that bad motivator motor in yah fix ok? But for now, with that down, I can't really bring you with me on this one ok? And it is best you man the ship off the ground. Just make sure we don't get spotted by "unfriendlies" as frell only knows how long this place gonna stay on the lowdown for long...."

She then began stand and make her way to one the side hatch but pause midway as another string of beeps could be heard.

"...alright already.....pipe it down as I already punch in the codes ok? Any funny biz you eyeball up here or I come across down there...i'll let yah know ok? I'll signal you and we can high tail out here.....ok? Good, now I've got to go see you later in two shakes of a gundarks tail..."

With that, she then exits the ship and heads off towards a partially cover cave entrance her scanners pick out but was unable to eyeball from the sky. At which time once she stood by the entrance she then began reach overtake a glow stick out her pack lit it up before heading into the cave. Drop small hints to herself as she began mapping out a path back just in case things got to point she had to bail out quickly. Which once she got a bit deeper into the cavern that it became apparent to her that this was no ordinary cave. And she began to slowly amp up her guard as she pushes further down the path before her.

Tomb_Raider_Underworld_Croft_Manor_screenshot_0587.jpg

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
Objective: Test Flight to Dragonflower Nebula
Transport: Castan LCX-L3

Current Location : Castagne system

"All I've been seeing here is all system's-a-go. Repeaditly....
How many diagnostics can be repeated on it with the same results and not give it a go?
Come on Colonel Tet...your team could have passed 20 interceptors already. It's all a go...now just sighn off and let me at least get there fashionably late...not when the party is completely over!" She had been pressing for them to release her ship to her for days.

And now she was heading toward her bay, with the Colonel keeping up to her hasty stride with her luggabe.
It was certainly a sight to see as she strutted through the lower decks with the Colonel.
The poor man had been called to her cabin, to personally bring her the holopad with all of the diagnostics that were repeatedly done on her new fresh out of the factory LCX-L3 star-ship.

"But agent Lynn, protocol dictates it be actually flight tested by one of our test pilots." The Colonel continued to plead his case. The star-ship had just been picked up by the SD Tecknor from Aegis Corporation. It was Castan designed, but built by the Aegis company to their specification. It had been factory dyno tested and rested in all flight simulations stress tests and appeared to be flawless.
It then had been picked up by the SD Tecknor, as Karlie didn't wish for anyone but her to take it for an actual test flight and jump. So it was now standing there before her in the secured executive hangar...her private hanger on board the SD.

"No no no... The only one doing the hot dogin' will be me, Colonel." She replied, biting her lower lips, when the access door to the bay opened up to reveal her ship.
Oh good heavens, was her star-ship sleek and awesome looking.

Realizing she was salivating like a child in a candy store, she composed herself, clearing her throat. It was hard not to pee in her flight suit, she was so excited.
"Ahem...now if you your techs will stop procrastinating...I'd like to get in and see what my little toy...ahem... what my SHIP could do." She slapped the holo-pad back to the Colonel's abdomen.

"YOU!...you..." She strutted in pointing to each tech still going over her ship. " you....and you! Yea you down there...what you looking up her struts for?...pervert, OUT!" She ordered them.

"Wait... HALT!... grrr..." She clenched her fists, "....unplug your freakin wire things off it first. I'm taking it out." Karlie did her best to remain calm and not show her excitement.

"Well?... Chop chop... Hop to it!...sheesh!"

"Agent Lynn...I must obj-"

"Colonel...my bags please...you're going to make them touch the deck... " She approached her ship feeling the smooth texture of her skin.
It was designed for speed...real speed. She had a hand in it...pushing for speed above anything else. Even her armament were sacrificed for the sake of squeezing every bit of velocity from it.

"Time's-a-ticking fellas..." She urged the tech crew to speed their clean up of test cables and instruments off her ship.
Seemed everyone was on edge because she wanted to be the first to take the LCX-L3 out for a spin...or more to point; the first actual test/maiden flight.

It was spotless...not one- oh wait...what the hell was this?
"Ok, who left their print on here. Didn't I insist on white glove ex-a-minations?......heh." before she were able to flip out, one of the techs had rushed over and wiped the almost non-existent smudge of whatever it was off the of the starboard landing strut.

" Whoa..not so fast there, buckaroo.....I got it!..." She stopped the Colonel from setting foot in her ship, alleviating him of the two suitcases he had carried for her.

"Agent Lynn, I have to object..."

"Yea, yea...just back it up a step...." She said, putting her luggage inside. " ...the ship's cleaner than your boots, Colonel."

-------------------------- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ---------------------​

The ship automatically came alive...the interior lights, the life support system...
"Alright...bye-bye...thank you Colonel..." She hastily initiated the door closure. "... now clear out of the bay....bye..." she waved as the door sealed.

In one long drawn in breath, she then reveled at the new ship smell... "Ahh...fresh printed composite polymers.... Heaven..."
The interior was just as she had imagined it...the texture, the hues...the deafening silence.
Karlie had much of a hand in helping designing it...well, most of all the interior and navigation and system controls. Her other input had pretty much gone against all military specs for she had tapped into the laser canon generators for added power tot he drives. The weaponry would actually go off line at certain velocities. Especially when it pushed the ship to max speeds.
But that had been her intent...speed.

With her luggage temporarily secured in one of the compartments under her berth, she approached the pilot seat. It was right at the very foot of her berth.
Upon touching the chair, it came on line.
She slid into it and instantly a HUD hologram of system controls appeared, as the chair glided forward into the full duraglass enclosed nose of the ship. She literally had full view of everything outside of her ship.

Taking manual hold of the control bar on the armrest the bay seemed to suddenly move around her.
"What the-" She hadn't felt anything at all, but the ship had without effort, took to hovering.
"Wow...wow that's smooth..."

"Bridge."

"Standing by."

"Open the bay doors." Her heart rate had not slowed down since she were brought forward.

The bay doors opened up to Castagne. It was to the left of the Tecknor and she could see it's blue marbled skies below. It was eerie, the quietness.
Everything was so quiet...too quiet. She had to check on her ship's systems to confirm the life support was still on, besides the sub-light engines. Everything was definitely on..but near silent in operation.

"Alright......ok... yea..." She was trying to calm herself...." lets go outside little woman." And Karlie then slipped her ship out of the Tecknor. It made not a sound...for all she could hear was her heart.

"Coordinates...uhm..." now what the frak were the coordinates to that nebula? "...U-47?"
She simply voiced her command and the system responded. Like, who needs a co-pilot or mech droid? Not her.

The jump coordinates suddenly calculated the jump and mapped her trajectory to the proper jump angle point.

"Oh frak.... I got to pee..." She said before the nose of the ship reached the calculated jump point angle.

Then...

68wkRKM.jpg

It wasn't the first thing that jumped to mind as UnderLord of Black Sun. Visiting a newly discovered planet with a wealth of resources. Yet a completely natural resource was found, one that intrigued the young man, both in it's profitability and uniqueness. Something worth travelling from Ryloth for. And so it was that he found himself aonaa a hike through some forests in the foothills of a mountain to look upon his potential revenue stream himself.

The squad of Knight Hunters were spread out, a loose patrol for young man who was moving into a clearing and up the foothills. Several hundred meters up the mountain a small base camp of scientists were processing their discovery. Amusement colored his features as he moved freely through the camp, the scientists having enough wisdom to not impede or interrupt his cursory investigation of his investment.

Moving into one of the tents he sat at a desk and lightly shook one of the many vials decorating the lab. As he read through the usages of the new drug he furrowed his brow and skipped along the medicinal properties until he reached the recreational aspect of the drug. A smirk crossed his face as he realized that the discovery could potentially reinvigorate his ryll spice sales. If only he were to have a first hand experience.

Curiosity tipped his mind as he looked upon the vial in his hand with a chuckle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icgGyR3iusU​
mc80b+orbit.png
[ Corellia Digital ship Odyssey ]​
lIhZpkf.png

The mottled sea of hyperspace moved at velocities unimaginable, even by those who were well familiar with the spacers life. From the time that he'd been an even smaller boy than he was now, the young Anzat had traveled down the many lost paths to the Outer Rim.

The Anzat's round face was reflected in the transparisteel glass, blue orbs piercing through the veil of eternity that spanned entire lightyears in the blink of an eye. It was a sea of motion that he had looked out upon many times, in many different centuries.

Once, he had felt a certain spirit of hope looking out into those stars.

Now, he found only an emptiness that was staring back through his own reflection.

The image was interrupted, as the familiar outline of Commander Horatio Janus appeared in the mirror, darkly. The man's voice as polished and stoic as ever as the former navigator remarked, "We are now approaching the Dragonflower Nebula, General."

The tow-headed child merely turned his head to one side as he gave the obligatory command. "Prepare to take us out of lightspeed."

Was it leadership to give so rote an order? Much of command was more ceremony than courage.

The response was as well. Janus bowed slightly as he said only, "As you wish."

The boy's blue eyes again found themselves out in the sea of hyperspace as the man left his side.

Once, he'd been a padawan, who had chased after the elusive reach of a Thisspiasian Jedi who had dared brave words unknown.

Once, he'd been a Jedi Knight, who had promised his padawan that he would show him the places that didn't appear on any star chart or map.

What did he had to show for it? A long list of battles. Accolades from wars and years spent tearing apart the very galaxy he'd sworn to protect.

A sea of graves filled with the memories of men, women, and aliens who had all been better Jedi than he ever would.

"What shall we do, Youngling?"

Close your eyes. Imagine the sound a voice. A voice from your childhood. The voice of the one who picked you up. Carried you. Held your hand. Guided you.

It was a voice he knew instantly.

Turning sharply, the young Anzat was presented by the ghostly silouette of a massive Thisspiasian Jedi. The bearded snake leaning heavily on a walking staff as advanced age seemed to have settled upon his serpentile frame. Dark eyes seemed to peer through the Force at the young boy as the figure uttered, "Shall we sit around the fire and tell sad stories of the deaths of Jedi?"

"Bridge to General Xantha."

The boy heard the call, hesitating a moment as he caught the intercom from out of the corner of his eye. Decades of experience and training pulling at him to answer. Yet, before him was an opportunity afforded him very few times since Master Azul Gol had died in his arms back on Yinchorri Prime.

The ghostly figure merely gestured toward the intercom, as though inviting him to take the call.

Pulling his eyes away, the young Jedi tapped the intercom and answered, "Yes?"

"We are standing by to drop out of lightspeed."

He should have known it would be just another rote pleasantry of the modern command-and-control theater. Instead, he'd been put instantly on edge. What if it had been an emergency? What if they were under attack? What if they'd detected a distress signal?

Sor-Jan head glanced back.

The ghostly image of his former master was gone.

Shall we sit around the fire and tell sad stories of the deaths of Jedi... "On my way," the youngling answered. The obligatory response, as the boy's short, green-cape billowed behind him as he turned and started to wind his way back toward the bridge.

A hastier about face had never been taken.

At the instant that his boots came to a halt before the water, the Vicelord's gaze fell upon a certain figure. A figure that was divinely lacking any clothing. A nice figure - but one couldn't exactly say that out loud. Nope. Scratch that - [member="Srina Talon"] literally said it out loud. In any case, the Sith turned on his heel and averted his gaze, making sure to keep his back to "just" [member="Vyra Silara"] whilst his Apprentice made her quip. "But if I said that, they'd send me to sensitivity training. It's 859 ABY Kad Dammit." he whispered across their Bond.

But, as opposed to her usual long suffering sigh, Srina...tensed? Was his joke that terrible? Or was it something...

Ah.

Reaching out, he placed a hand upon her shoulder, giving a light squeeze. "Very wel-" Death. Rage. A Curse. Darth Metus' eyes widened as the form of [member="Ginnie Verd"] manifested before him. He could feel the life slipping away - the thud of her heart slowing to its end. The fire...The Drake she commanded on Maramere now roared against him. It opened its maw to consume him in a single bit - he raised his hands to defend himself.

Gone.

The Sith grit his teeth.

"Did you...see that..." he breathed, before striding past her. A scream now reached his ears. Words uttered by a wrathful woman - the sister of Srina Talon. It seemed as though both Master and Apprentice had issues of family to attend to this afternoon. "If you need me..." he said, before moving deeper into the wood. Away from his Apprentice. Away from the Viceroy. He walked until he found a gap between the trees - a clearing of flat grasses. She wanted to haunt him?

"Show yourself."

For a long while the only answer [member="Darth Metus"] received was the silence his sister experienced in her own ruined state.

Then, the snuffling of a child who had no concept of noise trying to be quiet. A fallen tree was the bed in which Ginnie Verd once huddled underneath to hide from the Dark Forces her brother and his then-wife used in the Castle Ne’tra.

Little Gin’ika wore dirty pink ‘gam, huddled under the tree hugging a canvas knapsack.

All she owned.
Her buy’ce rolled to Metus’ feet.
Battered. Repaired. Scorched.
Actively recording...

“Issie… you’re scary.” The sniffling voice scurried to the back of the fallen tree, then peeked both hands up on the bark and lifted herself up.

“Why can’t we be a family no more, Isley? I fought so hard to be your sister.”

The girl disappeared. A spectral hand tucked into Metus’. Glassy brown eyes peering up from caramel skin.

“Don’t you love me no more?” A spirit calling out for berth. A ghost looking for the tether to remain relevant.
To exist.

But Metus broke the tethers, or so he thought. Her touch burned like napalm. She pulled him down to the ground.

Objective: All the Fun
Wearing: This
Transport: Nocte Aranea
Company: [member="Gerwald Lechner"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"] @Any Mandragora still needing an in, can have arrived on Nocte Aranea

Dragons123.png

The wolf ran to her heart's desire, sapphire eyes ahead and her other senses alert. She could sniff out both the Gerwald ahead and Scherezade running behind her, both of them familiar to her that she felt completely at ease. Jumping high, she'd laughed on the inside but all it did was cause the edges of her mouth to twitch, fangs showing as her paws met the strong bolder. She paused, looking back to see Pebble coming her way. The wide smile on the girl's face told her she was enjoying herself, which was enough for her before she'd leap forward, continuing to run after the Lupine.

Up ahead, the scent led her to her goal, her paws taking her forward without hesitation. It wouldn't be long before she'd realize the scent ahead wasn't fleeting, it was constant. He's stopped, the single conscious thought formed clear as she continued running, seeing him ahead just out of the trees and ahead of him, no more trees. The animal continued, running until she'd come out into the clearing, jumping ahead just before she'd pass the male, coming down to the grass just after him. Now, Katrine stopped and took in the sights, a quiet breath entering her lungs as she inhaled. it was breathtaking.

Enough that she barked enthusiastically, tail waggling without her actively wishing it to. Head turned over to Gerwald after a moment, moving over slowly. There was a game she used to play with her siblings when she'd been little. Simple but fun, a simple taunt to get the other one to move. Now she was doing exactly that to him, drawing nearer as she remembered suddenly Pebble was coming their way, head turning in the direction from where she'd come, expecting her to join them.

"That is not my name.

The thunder of his voice crashed across the clearing, ferried just as much by the Force as his own vocal chords. Sulfur glared down upon the fallen helm which came to a halt before his boot. The Dar'manda's face contorted as his foot moved the buy'ce away. A child. She appeared as a child. But this was a ruse - a trick of Undeath. Did she not know to whom she was speaking? Did she not know that he was the first of their kin to refuse to remain among the Manda.

Her touch burned.

And yet his flesh did not swelter or bubble. The pain only cemented Darth Metus' resolve. She tried, with otherworldly might, to reduce him to the dirt - but he wrenched himself away. A step back was taken so that he could witness what remained of his sibling. Did he regret her death? Yes. Always. Forever. But he also regretted the death of Ember. Of countless others. To die in battle was their way - how Mandalore had bred them to perish. She died a Mandalorian. She died in the line of duty.

And Darth Metus was doing his job.

"You Haunt, but are you not vode? Did you not die a warrior's death? Begone."

[member="Ginnie Verd"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom