Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expedition: Dragonflower | CIS Dominion of Hex (T, 43)

[member="Darth Metus"]

Calculating and cold. A being filled with no kindness nor empathy. He was above all, a shadow-monster of the decay which remained of Isley Verd.

“No, Metus. I wouldn’t. I didn’t, even when the sacrifice would have given me a pathway home. I had Monroe’s infant in my arms and you would expect me to throw the killing blow?! I had a broken Preliat Mantis, killer of my beloved father, less than 10 feet from me, unarmed and weeping and I did not choose an executioner’s wrath. When I had the chance to end a scourge, I chose the mercy of righteous action. I cuddled her young to my chest and called... him... son. You look for rectification of fratricide and it does not exist. The unthinkable sin. You turned your eyes toward one calling for rescue, one who loved you, and you gladly lifted your hand against her.” Ginnie’s voice skewed, bathed in the flames which pulled up as torrents from the dragonflower forest to the middle atmosphere itself.

“What purpose do those who would love you have to stay by your side, when you would sacrifice them all for your goals? Clan Verd is taken from you. We know you not at all. Your loved ones, one by one, will exit from your life. You will have saved your tiny kingdom from a terror of your own making and sit upon your tyrant’s throne on Ryloth, as your masters, and the Dark Lord does on Bastion.

You will do these things alone. For we know the secret of you, Metus.”

The flames grew into a pair of mighty pillars, less woman than plinths of Metus’ future agony.

“Your Love is cheap and easily destroyed by your own capricious hand. One must look no further than the ruined lives in your path to know no bond nor precious ivory object will save you, nor anything you built.”

The pillars closed in, creating a dome of flame as animals ran and people scampered. The forest was burning, Ginnie’s ghost a vision of her brother’s woes.

OOC: Dude I’m in Hawaii on my anniversary, sorry these’ll be slower to come out. I get back the 7th.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
Objective: Test Flight to Dragonflower Nebula
Transport: Castan LCX-L3

Current Location : Hex T-43

68wkRKM.jpg

...and so the ship took to jump again. This time round, to the correct coordinates of the Dragonflwer nebula in Hex T-43.

Karlie had remained silent during the angle corrections leading up to the correct jump. The ship's computer had outwitted her...or more to the point as to why Karlie was pissed off: the computer had forwarded the entire ship's log, up to the point that Karlie had threatened it with a memory wipe. For all intent and purposes, Karlie couldn't make out her situation at all.
Who was in command here? Her or the smart aleck micro chipped little slut of a computer that had made her fall flat on her face.

"Time to Dragonflower nebula in T minus 8 hours." It calmly and in that annoying female voice announced.

Karlie just sat back after the jump, unmoving and staring into the hypertunnel.

"I'll adjust the shadeing, karlie. You'll hurt your eyes looking into the star tunnel."

Again Karlie just sat there steaming, not responding to the soft voice of her ship's computer.

"Karlie? Do you wish for me to resume silence and only respond when you have a question?"

No answer.
Karlie simply retracted her pilot chair back out of the cockpit area and then stepped off.

"I can file that as an answer for 'yes'."

"No! I didn't say anything. You just can't assume to file anything."

"Correct. But you are currently distraught and I don't wish to further irritate you."

"You've done enough. "

"No Karlie. I can do a lot more than converse with you in this manner."

"Like what?...eject me out of my own ship while in hyperspace!?"

"No. I could never do that. I am here to help you learn and run your ship efficiently."

"And to snitch on me..."

"No. What happens on this ship stays between you and I, Karlie."

"What about the flight recording you had sent over to my father?...that stays between you, me and daddy?"

"I never actually sent the data. It was simulated."

"W...what?.." Karlie lofted a brow abruptly turning...to no one. The comp's voice was all around, but she still reacted as if the comp was behind her. After all, she was walking away, in a way...in defiance.
But what was this? The comp had simulated the transmission?

"Wait...you....you lied to me?!" Well, how else was she to take what her comp had just pulled an hour ago?

"No Karlie. I simply calculated and engaged in a tactic to prevent you from overloading. Your stress levels were peaked and you were acting in an aggressive manner. I could not allow you to hurt yourself, by hurting me. Therefore I simulated a means to end your aggression."

"You lied?" Was all Karlie was focused on.

"I lied." It then changed direction.
"Now could we set that exercise aside and concentrate on the current mission? You are to arrive at the Dragonflower Nebula in 7 hours and 47 minutes."

"Yea, like over a day late, thanks to you."

"No Karlie.....We will arrive as it was originally scheduled."

"Oh?.....how's that work, if we just spent a day already going around in circles and in hex U-47?!"

"This ship you designed travels 3x faster than a typical vessel. Our little detour took 2/3 of the time allotted, putting us in the Gragonflower Nebula at the correct estimated time frame."

"Awesome!"
And so there stood Karlie, mouth agape and besides herself. The next 7 hours went by with the two getting to know one another better. or more to the fact; Karlie got to know her nav comp better. The comp had already been programmed to properly interact with Karlie...compliments of her father.

HKxwdvJ.png

7 hours and 35 minutes later...

"Well?..." Karlie asked, while sitting in her pilot's chair looking at the countdown to emergence.
"...you counting down or what?"

"As you wish, Karlie.
...2 minutes 13 seconds to emergence..." So the nav comp started her verbal countdown as Karlie sat primed and ready to take over the controls of the ship's sub-light engines.

...4...3...2...1... The ship popped out of hyperspace, immediately clearing the glass of it's dark shade.

Right there before her was the Dragonflower nebula in all of its colors and hues.

"Scanners have picked up the designated system. It's in sect-"

"Yea yea yea... I can read the display." Karlie anxiously piloted the ship toward the system. "I can navigate to it myself, thank you."

"Of course you can, Karlie."

Objective: N/A

Transport: Z-10 Seeker class Scout Ship

Current Location: Somewhere on the New World's Surface

Relaxing on the newly discovered planet within the Dragonflower nebula was a rather relaxing way to spend time. He had been lying on his ships roof, just staring out into space for what could have been hours now, content with where he was.

Noatyr wouldn't have minded some company, but he was plenty used to traveling alone.

The planet itself was a truly beautiful sight. New, fresh, untainted, completely untouched by modern society. A new world, a new beginning. He was interested to see where things would go from there.

''Not that I'm being highly useful right now.''​ He jokingly scolded himself mentally. His hands rested behind his head, his thick hair feeling soft in his hands. It was one of those moments where nothing could go wrong, nothing could ruin this moment.

It was just him and his thoughts.

​''Maybe there was other lifeforms out here, and maybe they got wiped out by something. Or maybe they just happen to live underground or something...''​ His thoughts began to wander throughout the many possible reasons behind the planet's emptiness. ​''Perhaps it's just so new nothing sentient has had a chance to make itself known yet, so many questions, maybe I should study this planet in more detail...''

He stroked his chin for a moment, and then let his mind go, his thoughts fading away into nothing, and his consciousness becoming one with his surroundings.

In less then a minute, he almost felt like he had become one with the world around him. Almost. Then his concentration wavered, and he decided it was best to just stare at the sky like he had been doing before.

''Idiot.'' He mumbled to himself.

Standing Near: [member="Nysana Talon"]
Wearing: This
Quote: "I am afraid to think what I have done. What I may do. I dare not look upon it again."

Dragons123.png

The warriors of House Talon would not attack. Could not, attack. Raising their blades against either woman was against the tenets they had sworn to uphold. Regardless, they were not mindless drones, and in a battle between blood…It was never their place to interfere. They had families at home. They valued their own lives and respected those whom they served. Srina’s frozen eyes chilled them by memory alone, and Nysana’s fire burned.

Like fire and ice, these sisters were. So alike, and so very, very different.

All at once Srina felt a dark dawning rush in. Silver eyes flashed, for a millisecond, showing horror and disbelief. In mid-motion her agile movements stopped, and were it not for her nigh instinctual use of the Force, the downward swing of her sister’s halberd would have certainly cut her in two. Instead, she remained at a momentary standstill with her arms raised defensively, wrists crossed, and it was there that the plasma edge of the blade dug into the tender skin of her right palm. She could smell the scent of flesh cooking and knew without looking that her skin would soon begin to peel…

Aela. Iuuna. Iuuna.

She felt not the pain from her hand. Only, the pain in her sister’s heart.

The flame in the forest flourished, momentarily, before the power of her Master swept through her. It awakened her, pulling her back to herself, and his coldness gave her clarity. Focus. He would not know it, but his silence, his emptiness rolling through their bond helped her fight. Srina worried for him, but this time, in this moment, his fight could not be her own. With that in mind she used the Force to telekinetically shove the halberd and her sister back a few paces, before she slapped her injured hand against her shoulder, seeming not to notice as the skin cracked and left a bloody trail behind on her once white cable-knit sweater.

Down came the rain. It was torrential and the sky darkened in seconds as a storm of epic proportions pulled on white hair. Chilled droplets, surging from the wind, bit at the all too pallid exposed flesh of her face. She did not falter. Her one mistake had been made and it would not be repeated. ‘I think, I do not feel.’

‘I do not feel.’

She fought anew. Her every step was precise, her every movement calculated, and without flaw. With each punch and every block, she saw a new flash of the recent past. Her Force Sight had always been strong, however, she’d never seen her own family. She’d never seen her own flesh and blood among the dead. She’d never seen her tiny, precious niece, innocent of all things—Murdered. Anyone else would have broken under the pressure. Anyone else, understandably, would have let emotion rule them.

Srina did not. Could not. Passion allowed for weakness—and the Echani warrior had none.

Nysana screamed. Her ears rang. Srina saw Dalantus taught her little Tellu, planting hate in her mind, using her. He knew that Nysana would want revenge from somewhere. Everyone knew, that of all the Talon siblings, little Tellu had the most spirit. Larinkáoi had the desired effect of deadening Srina, Var, and some of the others…But Tellu had never given in. She followed her heart. She married the beautiful Aela and together they were set on raising a beautiful child.

He used her heart, just as he used everyone else, and Srina would not forgive it.

Never.’

The white-haired woman would never forget their ways or their home. She had given up everything at the behest of their father in the hopes that the family would be safe. It had pained him more than words to send one of his children away. The death of his daughter-in-law, his grandchild, must have been devastating. Srina twirled beneath the halberd, over and over, seeming to see where her sister would swing before the movement was made. In that respect, this battle seemed like it might go one forever, even in the storm—for neither side would break. Not yet.

Srina had never lost to Tellu. It wasn’t a matter of skill, or a lack of training, or anything of that sort. It was simply the application of detachment. Srina was able to think quickly, analyze a situation, and make the most statistically successful choice. Tellu acted with her heart. With the way she felt now…Srina knew it would not be long. However, her fierceness was not to be discounted.

Echani were never, ever, more dangerous when they felt like they had nothing to lose.

Dragons123.png

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-dKft5lsgE[/media]​
Sparkling angel, I believed you were my saviour in my time of need.

Nysana's halbred struck against Srina with its deadly intent and it seemed at the sight of her own family's blood the silver-haired warrior's eyes shifted. It was not the mere sight of blood rather it was the small recognition of her sister's face the millisecond of horror. The horrific screams that Nysana unleashed on that day the realisation on her face as she pulled Aela and Iuuna's lifeless body toward her. As she laid beside them, their blood soaked into her garments. Flames swept around the two women creeping in on them both until an unexpected torrential downpour from the skies demanded that the fires lay silent. At that moment Srina moved to shove Nysana back and it brought the Echani back to the fight and as the storm churned above Nysana pulled the wind as it curved around them both.

Blinded by faith I couldn't hear all the whispers, the warnings so clear.

While her sister fought with a renewed vigor, Nysana's own began to dwindle. Tellu, do not do this thing you are set to do! Their father's voice boomed through her mind, in his pain he reached out to his dear Tellu. My little fire, I know you grieve but think of us all - what good will your leaving do? Her heart had been hardened and she demanded blood for the blood that had been spilled. Jus drein jus daun. Every block and punch her sister threw bled through her own defenses, and so she pulled at the wind creating a barrier between herself and her older sister. Halberd in hand as she leapt away from the immediate fight with the darkened clouds at her back with the storm booming across the landscape of such a beautiful world.

I see the angels, I'll lead them to you door there's no escape now, no mercy no more.

Your sister loves you, Tellu. You would break her heart? After all, she has done, after all, that she has been through? She is your family, she has not and will not fail you Nysana Tellu. I beg of you, look - look at your younger sisters. TELLU STOP!

No remorse 'cause I still remember the smile when you tore me apart.

She held herself in the moment above their fight, "go to the ship, now!" Nysana ordered their guards, and watched as they left the field of battle and the younger of the two siblings looked to the thunderous clouds above. Nysana opened her arms and looked up to the sky, jus drein jus daun - my beloved. You shall be avenged and then you and I shall be as one. Nysana's halbred transformed into a scythe with a swift motion that channeled the storm into the weapon itself and Nysana's face changed into a vision of death. Death personified as it gripped her heart, blood ran from her nose as it did her eyes she was not meant to expend so much energy in so little time.

You took my heart deceived me right from the start. You showed me dreams I wished they would turn into real, you broke the promise and made me realise it was all just a lie.

Nysana rushed forwardm and with every second that she moved closer it was as if their father knew. And thus, sent them the memories as he had seen them the days of Srina holding young Nysana after a battle wound the times of Srina leading Nysana out of the woods where they played. The days of the two sisters fighting side by side, as if to say, there could be no way that her sister had failed her. She had always been there and would always be there, the death of Aela and Iuuna were not on her hands but on Dalantus's alone. With each passing moment, the memories grew stronger with their color - so vivid.
Sparkling angel I couldn't see your dark intentions, your feelings for me.
Fallen angel tell me why, what is the reason for the throne in your eye?
I see the angels, I'll lead them to your door.
There's no escape now, no mercy no more.

Memories of the wedding, where Srina stood at her side. Nysana screamed defiantly as the Scythe pointed forward was pulled back, the memories grew more intense and the blood ran from her eyes and nose she cared not if she withered on this day. If she died then that was fine by her, she could join her wife and daughter and be with them for all eternity for her heart refused to yield. It had been torn from her chest and thrusted upon the darkness violently, she did not come all this way to give up now - no, she had nothing left to go home to. There was no escape, her demons were here on this world.
No remorse 'cause I still remember the smile when you tore me apart.

You took my heart deceived me right from the start. You showed me dreams I wished they would turn into real, you broke the promise and made me realise it was all just a lie.

Dragonflower
[member="Srina Talon"]

Objective: N/A

Yawning, Noatyr rolled over, his back now facing the sky, before he finally stood up. He was bored, and it was time to do something, and this planet held no end to possibilities of what he could do.

He could steal the first rulers throne and become the new leader of...something. He could establish a new colony, and rule over them like a god. An angry one. Or perhaps, he could build a bar, become a bartender.

''Naaaah.''

He stretched his arms out, ridding them of any kinks, before doing the same with his legs. As nice as just lying around on the top of the Z-10 was, he really felt like he needed to do something or he'd literally lie there all day, until he fused with his ship.

''Ew, not a pleasant thought.''​ He shook his head, and began to focus on his next objective: Do something.

He hopped from the top of the ship, landing in the soft earth below, kicking up a small cloud of dust as his boots hit the surface. Noatyr let his feet do the traveling, and simply went the way his feet lead him. The planet was still nice, even if it was missing other life forms. He figured at some point that others might introduce new species to the planet, or maybe they wouldn't.

Many things were still uncertain.

He took a moment to admire one of the many large boulders, one which appeared to be the product of an avalanche. Well, it was a good thing he hadn't landed around there.

''Heh, glad I didn't land earlier and out here instead.''​ He gave the boulder a small kick, before continuing on his way.

Standing Near: [member="Nysana Talon"]
Wearing: This
Quote: "I am afraid to think what I have done. What I may do. I dare not look upon it again."

Dragons123.png
The strength of Nysana waned like the phases of the moon. It was inevitable. Srina had learned a long time ago, that when burning hot, blazingly bright, one could only maintain that beacon so long before running out of fuel. It was one of several reasons that Srina paced herself, had no wasted movements, and avoided flashy displays of power until the last possible moment. Her energy reserves when it came to Force use seemed to be higher than most, but, she attributed it to her connection to [member="Darth Metus"].

It was through that void, through that area of space, and time, that she heard the voice of her Father. ‘Ada…’, she murmured mentally, uncertain if he could hear her, but unable to help the reflexive call. Like most little girls, her Father had been everything to her as a child, and Srina had been no different. Growing up she had wanted to be a diplomat because of him. Things simply hadn’t turned out the way she’d planned. Her skill with a sword was much mightier than that with a datapad.

She could feel Raihane Talon pleading with her younger sister. She could feel him begging, with everything he had, yet she could feel Nysana rail against it with hall of her might. That Tellu would defy their Father, so brazenly, told Srina all she needed to know. Her sister-in-law and her niece really were gone. Dalantus had killed them, in an effort to hide his own skeletons, and to bait her bait. The Sith Apprentice fell still when her sister created some distance and her face began to morph into something that sent chills down her spine.

Were it not for the fact that she could feel Nysana through the Force…She would swear that this was an imposter. Her beloved Tellu could not have become this. The skin arcoss her cheeks stretched taut and the hollows that replaced her eyes seemed to become black as endless night. A shock of pale red blood left her nose and Srina tensed. Whatever her sister had planned, by pulling the storm into her weapon, was taking a toll her body was not prepared to pay.

Nysana STOP!”, Srina nearly bellowed, for the first time, truly speaking. It was not for herself that she demanded a ceasefire but for the state of her sibling. She had seen what happened to those that took in too much power, who tried to control too much, without the finesse or training to maintain it. [member="Darth Metus"] had brought this rain to put out the fire. He was a Sith Lord like none other. Srina could not hope to contain his power. Tellu…She feared that it would rip Tellu apart.

The memories that Raihane sent them seemed to cause time to slow. It crawled, as she heard the gurgling laugh of Iuuna, and her heart shattered on the earth beneath her feet. The sweet, smiling face of Aela, ground it into dust. It should have comforted her. The sight of such unbridled love and affection should have brought her peace. It didn’t. It only made her yearn for that which was gone. It only deposited a seed of intense self-loathing in her being. It may not have been directly her fault, no, but she would never be able to shake the feeling that it was.

Even after Dalantus of House Eagon was dealt with. Once, and for all.

She was distracted when Nysana screamed. Her focus sharpened as the weapon was pulled back. Her eyes closed as what equated to a Force Storm launched itself from the Scythe and dropped down from the heavens like a meteor falling through the atmosphere. Such pain.

Such death.

Was this all the galaxy had to offer? Misery?

Srina managed to raise a telekinetic shield but not completely before it hit. It pulverized the dirt beneath her feet and pushed her down. Deep into the ground, trying to bury her, or destroy her beneath intense waves of electrified pressure and wind. Her flesh screamed as it burned. Alabaster white skin turned a shade of pink as it seared…Before darkening. Worsening. Bleeding. Silken hair shriveled as it died, rendered to ash, and her palms blistered from the effort. Her lips cracked and peeled…

Before long, her hands that took the brunt of the attack, were charred and beaten to the bone.

When the attack ended…It was not a mercy. Srina choked on the air that she could not draw easily. Eventually, she found that she could breathe, but it was excruciating. Everything blazed with pain. Except where it distinctly didn’t. Tears, unbidden, leaked from eyes that had yellowed. Somehow…Somehow she was still standing. She couldn’t walk out of the hole. Her hands…

Her hands would be of no use.

Slowly, she gathered her thoughts. She failed at first. Pain. It was too much, despite, how she had been trained to ignore it. Slowly but surely her hunched form began to float. No longer was she beautiful. No longer, did she look anything, like [member="Nysana Talon"]. ‘Is this what you wanted? Is THIS what you came for?’, her mental words would slam into anyone in the vicinity. There was no control. No finesse. She didn’t have the will to be gentle and brush against the mind of her sister.

No, she would hear her wintry voice in her bones, as she had never heard anything in her life.

‘I. Will. Not. Submit. I will not bend. I will not break—I am your sister. I am your blood. I love you, Tellu. I have always loved you. I WILL always love you…But this is not the way. It is not our way.’

With that, Srina crumbled. It seemed to be the opposite of what she had spoken. By all appearances, in both physical, and mental agony, she had become undone. Yet there was a part of her that fought. That reached out to her Master. To his training, and, the gifts he had given her. Dark power erupted from a ring that had just barely withstood the hellish storm Nysana had brought down. The very first lesson her had truly taught her, deliberately, was how to repair herself.

Force Drain. The green grass darkened in an outward circle away from them. It would seem as if a pestilence had swept through the once green trees, the vibrant flowers, and the small lifeforms that made up the animals the planet had to offer. Four-legged beasts fell over and died. Great trees dropped and gave way, unable to sustain their own weight, as they crumbled to dust.

Srina Talon would not die on this unknown world.

As the world around her seemed to die Srina could breathe easier. Her flesh mended itself, slowly, but surely, and her hair even seemed to lengthen to retain its former glory. It took time, but eventually, she was able to push herself up on her hands and knees with actual hands. Her gaze flickered to Nysana. She was hurt, wounded, and empty. Her final attack had taken so much from her…

Srina crossed the now barren glen, that had once teemed with life, her typically graceful walk a pained shamble. She still wasn’t at her best. The white-haired woman, only partially clothed, dropped down next to her fallen sibling. Hand raised, she followed her pain with the Force, picturing the angry red lines of her internal injuries as closely as she was able. From there, she pushed energy forward, healing her sister via Dark Transfer and herself through eating life from Dragonflower.

‘I do not permit you to die. You are a Talon. And we…We will have our justice.’

Dragons123.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom