Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[ENDGAME] - Shadow's Fall

Allies: [member="Marcus Faust"] l [member="Cotan Sar'andor"] l
Enemies: [member="Darth Prazutis"] l [member="Darth Saarai"] l [member="Darth Carnifex"]

The Solari crystal embedded within the lightsaber handle had not been activated in years.

It was now coming to the defense of a man whom he had once considered an enemy. Tracyn Ordo had not been a combatant for many years. But Marcus Faust was in danger. His Jedi temple was in danger. His son grew up here. He learned here.

He would defend his home.

And his friend.

The red bolts of lightning were directed by a manipulation of the force, something that Tracyn had done a thousand times. He marched onward, the blue-orange blade skimming the ankle-deep water that they found themselves in.

"Everybody wants to burn this place down."

He gathered the force into his limbs. Tracyn was a master of the art of physically enhancing himself. He rotated the blade in his hands, staring down the Sith in the room.

"Glad to see you on the good side, Marcus."

Tracyn smiled at his friend that he had reached out to, and slowly walked- and gathered the force into his hands. Tracyn was a practiced man, a man of few disciplines. He was not a man who knew a thousand trades, he stuck to a few- and over the years, over all the fights- became quite good at them. One of them, was the act of the force burst- aimed right at Carnifex's torso. On his big, muscular, well-built torso.

"Hey there, Kaine."

Edited:

Edited to mirror Marcus' location and to reduce confusion.

Allies: [member="Tracyn Ordo"]
Enemies: [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Darth Prazutis"]
Objective: Tactical retreat, hope Tracyn follows
Gear: Lightsaber, really none of the rest of it matters at this point does it

When Prazutis started to lift into the air, Cotan ground his teeth. Using lightning against the people who used it all the time wasn't necessarily the best strategy, but at least the rather distracting heat in his chest had started to die away as he channeled it out. Or so it seemed; it may just have been that the act of exerting control over it was making him more accustomed to it.

Which wasn't a particularly comforting thought.

When the first bolt from the storm came, Cotan jumped, the stone he was standing on exploding under his feet. More came, and one came particularly close; he caught the bolt on his lightsaber, and it threw him further away, towards a high spot where the water had drained away, as the Dark Lord activated the drainage system. The rest were bent away by a new fighter on the scene; Cotan himself jumped clear of the tendrils that Carnifex had sought to unleash on him, which were quickly disrupted by the distraction provided by Tracyn and his burst of the Force. Cotan stood resolute, aware of the exits that were close by.

"I appreciate the help," he called to Tracyn. "But I think now might be a great time to make a tactical retreat." He brought his lightsaber up into a ready stance again, noticing that while he was currently out of the reach of Prazutis's growing Force storm within the large room, it wouldn't be long before it would reach him. He grasped a couple large chunks from one of the broken walls with the Force, and launched them at Prazutis's floating form and at Darth Carnifex. "Follow me!" he called to Tracyn, before turning and making his way quickly out of one of the doors into the room. He could feel that Prazutis wouldn't drop the storm until the temple fully lay in ruins, and it would be pointless to toss his life away fighting in there to try and provide more distraction. It was time to try and exfiltrate some others.

"Kiss, I'm on my way to the hangar," he growled into his commlink as he jogged, hoping that Tracyn was behind him. "I'll try and gather up any Jedi I find along the way. Keep the engines warm and set the navcomputer for Denon, we should be able to jump around from there and get back to ORC space without running into any trouble on the way. Cotan out." He rounded a corner, being faced with a Sith who likely had sensed the earlier battle and was trying to reach it. Cotan flicked out his lightsaber, burning the Sith warrior's cheek faster than he could've reacted; they raised their hands subconsciously, and a quick swipe of Cotan's lightsaber separated everything from the mid-sternum up from the rest of their body.

And, ignoring his distaste for ever having to kill, Cotan ran.

Mishel Kryze

M
[member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Darth Tacitus"]
8Z9GTyj.png
Death rained down from above, half the Vanguard had fallen into the Temple.

Mishel knew she had to locate [member="Coren Starchaser"], and fast between the falling debris that now served as Mishel's way to stay above the fights. Running, jumping and leaping across each piece of the fallen ship as it came down. Her eyes watched the numerous Jedi who had survived now fled the scene, the destructive fires that roared through the archives now combined with the Vanguard's carcass. The clouds of smoke choked the air and Mishel found herself pushing herself faster, she had to find Coren. Her eyes scanned the Temple ruins, kark... With no visuals on where her master could be Mishel pushed through with the Force. It wasn't long until she saw a starfighter scream just past her causing her to slow down. The last minute breaks caused her to slip falling off one piece of debris, catching another with her hands where she hung on for dear life. Crawling up atop the falling debris of the Vanguard she shook it off and continued her upward run.

She followed the path of the starfighter, the force aura of her master grew stronger.

Mishel could make out the two figures in the distance, sliding down another piece of rolling debris this time a piece of skyscraper her eyes caught sight of the massive sithspawn on the ground. Looking in another direction there were what looked to be swarms of Jedi attempting to fight off the Sith as they fled while Sith and Alliance forces fought in the atmosphere. Confederacy fleet arriving for evacaution causes, droids were starting to swarm now pulling who they could out of the wreckage. Meanwhile, the padawan felt her lungs burn with pain but the adrenaline in her vains forced her past it all. They had to get out of here, atop the temple, gorrammit, did I just go in a circ- yes...

The Tygaran groaned as she circled around to the top of the temple. [member="Taeli Raaf"]'s figure could be seen now, and as she got closer, "are they hurling starfigh-..." Yes. Yes of course they're hurling starfighters, how it is everyone can hurl them but ME? Didn't the ol' lady throw a star destroyer? UGH! Kark me running.

Mishel in a fit of her own frustration focused on the falling debris and threw it in Taeli's direction as she jumped down and slid somewhere on the Deceiver's open flank. "Hey! RENT-A-REN! TIME TO EXIT STAGE LEFT!"

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcASV2sey0[/media]

Allies: [member="Mereel Vaun"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Cambria Zadira"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Allyson Locke"] anyone really who isn't Sith, but specifically Archive Group, also [member="Tracyn Ordo"]
Enemies: [member="Darth Saarai"]
Objective: Be the hero

The galaxy worked in strange ways, as Saarai's razor sharp wing sliced through his robes, cutting into his arm briefly, he heard the voice of none other than Tracyn Ordo in the force. Then, the Sith's wing struck plate, beskar to be precise. It had been a parting 'gift' from Ordo, years ago on a world that fell to the blade of the One Sith regardless. It all had started with him, he had been the first to believe there may have been more to him than a simple monster hiding in a mask.

'I am where I am because you believed I could be'

As quickly as the Sith appeared, he vanished into the smoke. Without pause, Marcus sprung after him, blade alight even as pain shot through his arm. "That does not have to be the case Saarai. This chaos need not perpetuate eternally." He shouted, the force as his guide amidst the haze. Vision was a fickle, easily manipulated thing, to trust in the force to guide one's way was one of the first lessons most any force user was taught.

Decades of experience let Faust put it to great effect.

Letting it guide him to the Thrikken, Marcus lunged in, a flurry of strikes launching at the avian Sith Lord. "Once I called myself Darth Vindica, I stood where you stood, I'd like to believe that you think as I thought," He began before dashing back into the smog.

"I thought that this was the only way to bring order, to bring peace."

"I was wrong."

Allies: [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Darth Prazutis"]
Enemies: [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Mishel Noren"] [member="Cotan Sar'andor"]

Equipment: Armor in signature, lightsaber

Taeli started laughing as the Vanguard, or at least half of it, came hurtling through the sky and crashed against the Temple and the mountain the Temple had built on. Yet another symbol of the Alliance, destroyed by the Sith. And Coren it seemed did not appreciate it as he harnessed the fire and wreckage of the fighter she had dropped on him her way. A barrier of Force energy surrounded her, the flames passing around her as Coren started towards her. And now... yes...

"It feels good, doesn't it?" she said, her saber coming up into a guard position. "The anger, the rage. Release it, Coren. Only your hatred can even hope to destroy me."

That was when his apprentice re-entered the fight, adding more debris to be tossed at her. And her quip... Taeli literally saw red for a moment at being compared to a karking Ren. The absolute nerve of the girl. The amber in her eyes blazed brighter as she sent the debris Mishel sent at her flying wide.

"Irritating gnat," she snarled. Calling on yet another of her arsenal of Sith magics, her fingers moved a complex pattern, strands of dark energy twining between her fingers, and unleashed a spell of madness at the irritating girl. The spell would force her to face her deepest fears, made manifest. If she had a strong will, she would be able to fight them off and break the spell. If not... she would become a thoughtless husk, her spirit dragged down into a never-ending void of nightmares.

Mishel Kryze

M
[member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Darth Tacitus"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"]
8Z9GTyj.png
"Hey! Was that a short jok-"

Mishel was going to finish off her quip when something came across her mind.

Fear.

Fethin' chit tickets, she thought to herself as the fear spell worked its way into her mind. Mishel had to focus the temple's top was rapidly approaching as she tried to figure out what this thing was doing. Admittedly there were not a lot of things that Mishel had to fear, the Knights of Ren broken most of it out of her. Death taught her to mock it for a good measure but there was something about the strength of the spell. Fear was a tricky thing - did Mishel have fears? Yes, she had plenty of fear and as she lost her footing the Tygaran made a grasp for something anything. You pitiful creature, to think you could ever live up to my legacy?

Ah... feth.

Before Mishel was a variant of Siobhan.

Sure. She had accepted that Siobhan had rejected her, what she had hoped - was that Siobhan could come out of that.

You left to join this foolish crusade.

Feth, feth.

Sieger.

The Tygaran reached for her faith in the moment, blessed Ashira... She gritted through her teeth, her mind had turned against her conjuring the greatest fears she had long sought to bury. Turning back to the Ren, turning back to the darkness. Blessed Ashira... help me. Fear was a great and powerful tool to keep her down, and all she could think of now were the nightmares when the Ren kidnapped her from Tygara. Mishel's mind echoed in the force to those that could hear her, the cry of a young child - a five year old little girl on the streets of Tygara as the Kraal invaded. She watched as her governess bled before her eyes while the Ren took her and brought her to Virgilla VII. Where was forced into the bacta tank... but she held onto the one thing her mother had shown her. Ashira.

Mishel's vision blurred but she knew at least she was still atop of the temple. Ashira. Ashira. "Ashira l'adonai ki goah gaah..." her voice was gritty, as her breath escaped her the fears still fought her mind. Reminding her that she was the child no one wanted, the rejected child of Siobhan Kerrigan, unwanted rebel ren with a heart. Yes it hurt to know all of this. "Ashira l'adonai ki goah gaah," but through it all Mishel had clung onto her faith. She had clung on to the belief in the Beloved Goddess, the Holy Mother. "Mi khamokha ba'elim Adonai."

"Mi khamokha ne'dar baqodesh."

"Nah'ita veh'asdekha 'am-zu ga-alta."

The Tygaran on her knees closed her eyes, a hand to them as she tried to remember the Cathedral on Tygara. She remembered the beauty of it, she remembered this chant, this song that she now repeated. When the Ren took her, she clung to this song, in moments of darkness - Mishel could count on her faith to get her through. "Nah'ita veh'asdekha 'am-zu gal-alta. Ashira, Ashira, Ashira."

"Blessed Ashira, give me strength - guide me through the darkness..."

"Ashira L'Adonai. Ashira L'Adonai Ki Goah Gaah."

Locale: Jedi Archives > Hangar
​Allies: N/A
Theme [Oh boi, when you get hit by a MASSIVE DAGGER!]
​Enemies: Current - [member="Allyson Locke"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"]
​Potential Enemies - [member="Darth Ophidia"] | @Anybodyelseinthehangar

​They always said it was best to let the air get at your wound, perhaps with something smaller. However, the ship crash had caused more damage than he initially realised, the magma had caused his armour around his chest to melt away; destroying what little protection remained other than his thick hide. A massive gash cleaved through his chest, right from his waist and up the right of his chest. A thick gash, three inches deep, like a trench in his skin.

​His blood was thick, like paint; like magma. It sizzled and boiled as it dripped from his skin and onto the ground. Tathra growled lowly, turning a corner as he evaluated the state of his armour, or what remained of it. His thrusters were still operational, but the mag-coils had been utterly destroyed on impact, the system was shattered. It burnt right through, but he couldn't feel any of it. Like, the sudden flash of immense pain had fried his nerves.

​There was a darkness, like a void. Like spiralling veins pulling down on him, like the blood behind his eyes going cold and dark. A darkness calling out, the void ready to pull him in. Beckoning for rest, it brought much to focus. He was tired, so tired. Of this hunt, his fight was reigned in on hopeful thinking. No assurance, no personal grievance. Simply duty.

​He felt a hollow pride in his work, nothing more. A hollowness, an emptiness where he was supposed to be. Where a soul is supposed to be.

​He stopped for a moment, closing his eyes for a moment as he felt his legs buckle, tensing as his blood turned cold; begging for rest. Begging for an end to the pain, the endless pain. The pushing onward just because you're supposed to. Tathra's hand dug deep into the wall, holding himself up as the sounds of battle continued all around him. But dulled, dulled by the drowsiness of his senses becoming mute. Mute but all to the fickle beat of his sickly heart.

​Still, he could feel the ooze of blood, the drowsiness of his body barely holding itself together as he half limped towards the closest hangar bay. Tathra searched for a moment, finding Oribuir among the debris. Still in perfect shape.

​The blade was more sentimental than necessary, he in himself was a weapon. But the blade, it had been with him for four decades. He wouldn't leave it behind now. The drowsiness turned to intensity as he activated the blade, the orange plasma giving heat to his form.

"No."

​He ripped the blade from the marble and stone, staggering backward. The blade trailed behind him, against the ground. He was leaning against the wall. He hefted a massive hand, wiping blood from the edge of his mouth; relaxing his form.

​He felt some pull back, seeing the light shine through the cracks in the walls; life returning to him again. He couldn't allow solitude to bring him down, he had another couple hundred years to find belonging. That was why his people were to be saved. Belonging.

​He had a better reason to fight than any of these feeble minded creatures, a better reason to kill and butcher anything that got in his way. Tathra threw himself back against the wall, forcing himself to stand up. He had no excuse to die today, to let himself die.

​Now that that was settled, he only had one goal. Don't die.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Location: Beyer’s Hospital adjacent.
Allies: [member="Ember Farseer"]
Unwitting Allies of Circumstance: [member="Irajah Ven"]
Enemies: Gravity, [member="Jairus Starvald"]
Other: [member="Mara Merrill-Valkner"]
Objective:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Anais barely had time to comprehend where she was before they were falling once more, the padawan still grimly attached to the arm of her inadvertent savior, her fingers almost curled practically so tight they threatened to break skin and muscle in their valiant quest for purchase.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Then the fall was arrested once more, almost as quick as it had started.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]For her part in the affair, both before, during and afterwards, all the padawan seemed to be able to do was continue to stare blankly at the woman who stood between what could very well become a matter of life or death. Her thoughts seeming to move like thick, vicious Toydarian treacle. Not understanding what was happening or how it had even happened to begin with.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]One moment she had been in the hospital’s hallway, trying in vain to hold back the cultists that had flooded into the foyer, yelling a warning to Ember when a voice… A sickly, cloying voice had reached out towards her like a clawed hand, brushing past her defences with a single word. A single comma-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Jump.[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10.5pt]And like that, the reality came charging back in with ruthless abandon. The scenes on the landing pad playing out again and again in rapid succession, her stomach as she was treated to a front row seat. Forced to relive in excruciating detail as the repulsor truck tumbled from the platform and crash down below. Relive each sickening scream, yell and truncated moan. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Oh light above, what had she done?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Just as she had slammed down on the woman who she now clung to, the weight of her guilt landed heavily upon her shoulders. Each death another stone around her neck. Was this what it had felt like for Arenais as he’d turned on the temple of Deneba?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Either let go or climb, I don’t care which.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Anais blinked, her focus returning as the woman’s pain ridden voice cut curtly through the haze of self-pity and regret. Each word echoing. Let go or climb, climb or let go. The choice seemed simple enough. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]There had been enough death on her account already. Whoever this woman was, she didn't deserve to fall to her death on her account.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Tell Ember…” The padawan swallowed hard, “Tell him I wasn’t… I wasn’t strong enough. Tell him I'm sorry. For everything.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]And with that, she let go.[/SIZE]

NcXjua3.gif
[-SOUNDTRACK-]
Allies: Galactic Alliance (sort of), Confederacy of Independent Systems
Enemies: The Sith Empire
Objectives: Evacuate
Troops: 20 Barons | 30 B2 Super Battle Droids
Attn: [member="Darth Sabezt"] | [member="Adrian Vandiir"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] Duelling: [member="Darth Sabezt"] Allies: [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Rylan Kordel"] | [member="Allyson Locke"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Tanaski Yumi"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Jairdain"] | [member="Mereel Vaun"] | [member="Mishel Noren"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"]
  • Sector D-17
    Streets of Coruscant
Above the bleeding heart of the dieing Galactic Alliance, raged a naval battle on a scale not seen since a time long past. Lights streaked across the firmament, racing towards their destinations as massive hulks of metal unloaded annihilation against eachother. Ships of the Alliance traded turbolaser bolts and torpedoes with their Sith counterparts, while starfighters performed their deadly dance. A crimson beam split the sky in two as the massive spearhead that was the dreadnought Midnight Exigent, fired its main weapon against some distant target that lay beyond the visible horizon of those beneath, in the streets of the burning city below. A smaller beam followed it an instant later, unleashed by the dreadnought's smaller cousin, the battlecruiser Invictus, while further away, three more dreadnoughts played their deadly game of Dejarik and one lost, igniting the sky with a second sun as it was cleaved in two by the angry beams of the two Sith dreadnoughts, which sent it crashing down through the sky and into the battered planet below.

Luckily for Adron and his forces, Tacitus had once again placed the mission above his personal grudges and had left instructions for the former High Moff's contingent to be reinforced, should it become necessary. The Overlord's massive armada fought tooth and claw and carved itself a bloody swath through the enemy ships as it got into position to unload its relief ships. Shuttles raced through the atmosphere by the thousands, their hulls screaming as they rushed towards their destinations at breakneck speeds. Fighters followed them, unloading death at anything that tried to shoot them down.

The shuttles unloaded reinforcements, in the form of the Shrouded Republic's ferocious, disciplined, battle-hardened soldiers along with countless battle droids. An officer made his way to Adron's location and saluted in Shrouded fashion, bumping a fist against the burnished chestplate of his armor. "Sir. The Overlord has left us instructions to assist you, should the evacuation order be issued."

• Archives
    Jedi Temple on Coruscant

The Overlord felt searing pain course through his veins just as the deafening impact of the massive dreadnought sent shockwaves through the entire building. Shockwaves so powerful, that they rattled his very bones. But the Overlord was used to pain and during his time spent in the Netherworld, as well as after the soulbinding ritual that had brought him back from the dead, he had become finely attuned to the cold, dark void of that nightmarish realm.

Instead of attempting to repel the demon which was even now trying to possess him, he welcomed it and embraced it with open arm, his own demonic instincts reaching hungrily for the entity that had fallen in its grasp. For if he knew one thing about the Netherworld, was that, as it was in the galaxy, the entities there were divided into two fundamental categories: predators and prey. And this demon was definitely prey.

So he pitted his willpower against this new victim, breaking it down into its constituent parts, subsuming its energies and the very essence of what stood for its soul, letting the painful energies sear through his veins like molten metal. Drawn to this ultimate act of killing, the currents of the Darkside swirled around him like an angry storm, the very air around the Sith Lord rippling with the built up energy, waiting to unleash its full destructive potential in an explosion of annihilation. For the third time, the Overlord's bone-chilling laughter filled the room, the sound competing for the attention of the universe, against the bone-rattling rumble of the dreadnought impaling itself within the very heart of the Jedi's beliefs.

"I told you," the Overlord said to his foe, a triumphant glare in his eyes, the glare of a man who stared down death and enslaved even it to his indomitable will. "The Netherworld is my domain. And anything that dwells there, is my prey," he spoke, his voice a demonic, malevolent growl. "We shall meet again, sorcerer. And we will finish what we started," the Overlord said to his ghostly foe, a hint of begrudging respect in his voice. Raising a taloned hand towards the unseen sky, he allowed the destructive energy he had gathered to have its wish.

Fierce bolts of lightning the color of darkest midnight leaped from his outstretched fingers, splitting the air with the sound of terrible thunder as they sought their targets. They impacted the falling debris with enough power to pulverize anything they touched, sending shards of broken stone and metal flying in all directions. The lightning swept from falling stone to falling stone, like a chain, annihilating all in its path, obliterating the inanimate things which sought to bury the Sith Lord and the rest of those still within the archives, in an eternal tomb.

It was then that the first droids arrived, having fought their way through the swarming ranks of Sith soldiers to reach their destination. A series of beeps on his comlink notified him that the Wolfguards accomplished their mission and collected the samples he had requested. It was time to leave this glorious carnage behind. Turning his head to those that were still left, he spoke only seven words. "Follow me if you want to live."
NcXjua3.gif

Allies: SJO & GA, Nearby- Allies: Allyson Locke,, Asaraa Vaashe, Vulpesen, Yuroic Xeraic, Darth Tacitus
Enemies: FO, TSE Nearby- Tathra Khaeus, Vanessa Vantai, Tsisaar Taral, Darth Imperia, Vili Ozouf, Darth Sabezt
Engagin: ..... No one [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Many of the fights where starting to get interesting, but the whole ship crashing into the roof, caving in, Sith lords breaking out the big moves, talks of netheworld and just over all chaos was not really the best thing to sit in the middle. Fortunately enough Jyoti had arrived, probably to see who she could get out safly and all.... the actual reason the Silvers where here in the first place. "Guess that's what I get for running off on my own... guess I'll just tag along with them, not much else to do".

Jumping down from the book shelve the young Jin dogged and weaved through the fighting towards the Echani Jedi master, coming to stand next to the taller woman as she hurried around the room. "Ready and waiting to get the heck out of here master, not sure where the other are, though I think my sister is chasing after pretty Sith boys, who you want me to carry over a shoulder to scdattle"? Though not looking physically strong Tana was actually above average in terms of strength, and not just as force powers.

Combine that with increased stamina and you had infinite piggy back rides, and with the state of the temple there where most likely many people in need of a piggy back ride. He just hopped the roof stayed up long enough for them to get out, let along save others that may be stuck somewhere else inside the crumbling Sith filled Jedi Temple.

endgameophispacer_by_ebilmushroom-dccrnl4.png
Jedi Temple - Records Hall - Vault
[member="Vanessa Vantai"] [member="Darth Sabezt"] [member="Adrian Vandiir"] [member="Nylea Apollodor"] [member="Darth Imperia"] [member="Xevek Rakama"]​
[member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Jairdain"] [member="Alexandra Feanor"] [member="Darth Tacitus"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Sky'ito Yumi"]​
Apologies to anyone I've missed.

The scene to which Darth Ophidia arrived as she entered the outer extremity of the archives was one of absolute chaos, beautiful pandemonium in which the dark side of the Force so readily thrived. She saw Darth Imperia, dispatching pain and swift judgement; she saw Vereshin and one of the former Ancient Eye persons she had on record wrestling in the Force with their sorceries and exchanging bits of monologue about their prowess and affinity with the Netherworld. It earned them both a scoff. To her mind, they were both children, scrapping for the best spot in the sandbox.

Ceiling came tumbling down as the tower above collapsed upon itself, crushing beneath it ally and foe alike. The Pale danced between the rubble with simple steps, not caring to look to one or the other, and seemingly unbothered by the peril it professed. A step to the left as durasteel stabbed into the floor, a twirl to the right as duracrete crushed a Sith and Jedi locked in a wrestle, their broken limbs painted upon the tile floor. A swift jump to place her foot upon the pile of rubble as she moved deeper.

She looked up to see a child, teenager it would call itself, almost an adult - A child in her mind still. It looked straight through her, seemingly bored with fighting and at peace with loss. Peace is a lie, so it was ignorance or self denial. Why should she interfere with it? Treasures lay ahead.

The tide turned around her, and not from her action. She had to step aside not to be pushed over by those who fled. The building shook with a familiar feeling. Her skin crawled with the sensation of the Force. Should she leave? No, she was not in danger. It shook and shook, light blared from behind as metal and stone was torn asunder by those who fled.

Ruin piled up before the Pale Assassin's feet, threatening to bar her way to the deepest vaults. The debris that fell could no longer be successfully dodged and her pace quickened as she climbed. Steel and stone stopped before it touched her and fell to the sides, leaving a clean path, a tunnel through the destruction. It howled and creaked and roared with every step she took, unblinking, unyielding.

And when it all seemed so close, within reach, she paused. Tremors went through this tunnel she had constructed as the source of all this destruction, the fallen peak of a Super Star Destroyer, reached her location. It thrust through the devastation like a divine finger, forcing her to step aside, but not forcing her back. She brought up her arms, erecting a shield around herself in protection. The shield would have crushed it, but it was not her she aimed for. Instead, its tip pinked open the door of the vault, leaving it just open enough for someone to slip inside.

She did not yet smile, but the Force was with her. So the Pale moved on, slipping through the crack and into the deepest vaults of the New Jedi Temple of Coruscant.

Their flagship was gone. The Grand Marshall was a traitor. The Supreme Commander was… missing. Coren would know if Aryn had perished aboard the flag. And he had no idea where the Chief of State was. But it didn’t matter. Around him, the Alliance was crumbling. But hearing Taeli, and feeling Mishel again, an anchor around him, he nodded.

The lightsaber was still in his hand. He continued walking towards Raaf. And that was when he heard Mishel, doing her best to trigger his opponent. The comms were lighting up, people signaling evacuation. Good, he would be the rear guard for that.

It was the moment, right there, that Coren Starchaser realized what he was fighting for. It wasn’t the Alliance, it wasn’t a Republic, or any form of Order. It was life itself. It was for the freedom of people to choose what they did with their life, how they conducted themselves. Be it dark, or light, as long as you were not impeding on another’s ability to make a choice.

If you wanted to come after a Jedi Master and insult the Sith Lady who had literally just torn the government he supported down. Coren stepped, his lightsaber still raised, but a flare of that hope, that spark that kept people fighting the good fight joining him. It was what would cause him to win this day. To keep fighting, to be there to see the Sith Empire crumble, its peoples liberated.

“Leave her, Raaf. Your fight is with me.” The mix of rage and passion that was found in Coren was mixed with his desire to protect, his compassion for the people around him. And only minorly, to avenge the souls lost today.

He came at her, with a slash from the side, intent on removing her arm.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]
[member="Mishel Noren"]

Allies: [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Darth Prazutis"]
Enemies: [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Mishel Noren"] [member="Cotan Sar'andor"]

Equipment: Armor in signature, lightsaber

"The girl thinks she is ready to fight in the big leagues, Coren," she replied, her lightsaber coming up to deflect the attack aimed for her arm in the opposite direction. The girl, the Kerrigan offspring, thought she had what it took to fight against a master of the dark side. The only thing she had accomplished was irritating Taeli by comparing her to a Ren, the real pretenders to the power of the dark side. Perhaps, given the background she had cried out during this encounter, she had been a former Ren herself and this was the first time she was encountering dark siders of a superior sect.

It didn't matter to Taeli, one or the other, but the girl should know, if she was able to fight off her spell, that she back off before Taeli did something much more permanent to her.

"But you're right, my fight is with you," she said. She would suddenly switch to an aggressive stance, launching feints and probing attacks against Coren with her saber. Left, right, low, high, it would be a flurry of assaults designed to overload his defenses and attack joints, cripple his movement.

Mishel Kryze

M
Engaging: [member="Taeli Raaf"]
Nearest Ally: [member="Coren Starchaser"]
Mental Broadcast: [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Darth Tacitus"] | [member="Jace Khel"] | [member="Quvox"] | [member="Cotan Sar'andor"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Marcus Faust"]

8Z9GTyj.png

"Ashira L'Adonai Ki Goah Gaah.
Mi Khamokha ba'elim Adonai.
Mi Khamokha ne'dar baqodesh.
Nah'ita veh'asdekha 'am-zu ga-alta
Nah'ita veh'asdekha 'am-zu ga-alta
Ashira. Ashira. Ashira."

Mishel kept her eyes closed but she could hear the sounds of Taeli and Coren had reengaged in their fight, her eyes looked down at the destruction caused by the Sith. She cast her gaze in the other direction as the mass of darkness seemed to be winning. But, just as Coren had felt it so had Mishel - there was hope, there would always be hope, hope was hard to kill even when it was frail. She remembered the hope and the unconditional love of [member="Hazel Zanteres"], who gave everything she had to bring Mishel back from death's hands just after Mustafar. Mishel drew on the connection to [member="Coren Starchaser"] to feel his hope, his compassion and his pride. Mishel remained where she was as she began to speak.

Her words started off softly and it seemed she spoke to no one and everyone all the Jedi at once, a mental broadcast to those who could hear it, to thos who would accept it. Mishel focused as she pushed her words through the force to touch the minds of the Jedi. She did not know who would hear it and who would not, all she could do was hope and pray.

"In times of fear and of great darkness, we must believe in the hope of tomorrow, and while our people pray to their gods for hope - they too will believe. They will believe that hope will survive this day, and this is not the last of the light..."

"Today our lives have been brought forth to the darkness, but the light of our hope and our love for one another, for a better tomorrow will strengthen us all. We are more than just the Silver Jedi, more than just the New Jedi Order. We fight not for an order, we fight not for an alliance but for each other for the future. Through our darkest hour is upon us the light will shine ever brighter when the morning comes. To those who can hear me, to those who still fight - fight for those who can flee, fight for those who have yet to breathe, and fight for one another. We can only win this day if we come together."

Did she speak for them or for herself? Perhaps it mattered not, for as Mishel opened her eyes and breathed in. Mishel disengaged the mental broadcast, and breathed the padawan had not known she was capable of such things. Though she supposed that on a day like today it was necessary, with everything falling apart with Coruscant burning as she knelt there on the temple's rooftop. Mishel felt the Force resurge through her body, through her veins - she would be ready to fight again, ready to reengage the Deceiver.

The Tygaran rose to her feet, "I will not leave without you Master, I swore to you that I would be with you until the end of the line and I mean it." Mishel swallowed hard supressing the last of the fear that had been summoned by Taeli. "If I die today then I go to become part of the Force but I am going to be here, and I will fight." She readied her lightsaber and looked toward Taeli Raaf. "Yeah, I always think I'm ready to fight in the big leagues and perhaps more on this day than any other."

Mishel's hand drew the lightsaber from her belt, yellow blade at the ready as she pushed into the fray. Rushing in with an ataru stance, MIshel took advantage of the open spaces around them coming in with her own swift attack to Taeli's open flank once more.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzWx9pHSOtA[/media]

Objective: Save as many as possible, protect the Grandmaster
Allies: [member="Aubrey King"] | [member="Alyisa Mithel"] | [member=Charlie"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Valae Kitra"]
The colonel heard her, waiting for her to exit the room, then followed after the Grandmaster. As they went towards the hangars, he activated his communications through a command panel on his right gauntlet, an easier access while not having his helmet equipped.

"Prep teams for insertion." The transmission was quick and to the point, and Valkren knew that his team on the receiving end would do as ordered.

If they were going to save anyone today, they would all have to be at the top of their games.

​"Copy." Lieutenant Harris was on the other side of the chat, offering just as short of a rebuttal.

Once in the hangar, Valkren and Valae would board their transport, packed full of a healthy dose of Antarian Rangers ready to bring the pain. Many familiar shells of Katarn armor were present, as most of the soldiers on board had their helmets already fitted over their heads, blue visors illuminating one after another as every soldiers' HUD kicked in.

As Valkren took his seat, directly across from the grandmaster, he'd take a look down either side of the troop bay. Many of the soldiers there were members of his own special operations unit, while the majority of the force of rangers were actually hailing from the Third Infantry. It didn't matter though, considering the amount of deployments he had worked with the third' on, he knew they were capable soldiers led by some of the Silver Jedi's best NCOs

Suddenly, the broke atmo,' their luna transport shaking violently for a brief moment before stabilizing again. Valkren couldn't see out of any of the view ports, but he assumed that there was still a good bit of transports with them, along with the fighters providing escort. They would just have to hope that Silver spacey would do their job.

"Christ I hate this part." Lowder's voice broke through on their personal channel, speaking to the end of not knowing how close they were to the ground yet.

"Sometimes I'm shocked that you can be so afraid of flying, yet be in one the most specialized group of warfighters' there are in the Rangers." Corporal Reese Baker answered his complaint, holding tightly onto his submachine gun as they continued their descent.

"I'm just a special kinda' guy."

Valkren smirked slightly, looking down at his combat boots for a moment. He was glad to have so many characters in his unit, it made for more humor than one would think in such a dark line of work. He'd raise his head up again, shaking off the chuckle that almost broke out from his lips. He then looked to the panel on his right gauntlet once again, tapping several commands.

"I'm adding the Grandmaster to our channel. She'll need to hear our callouts...Alright, Kitra is patched in now. Be on your best behavior boys."

"Hi there, real boss!" Lowder's sarcastic tone came up, switching from calling his team leader (valkren) boss, to the grandmaster suddenly.

"Glad to have you along for the ride again, Ma'am." Harris's gruff voice came through, looking down from several seats away and offering a nod.

The pilot and co-pilot suddenly sent out a brief transmission, letting the entire transport group know their distance to the tower.

One-Minute.

The colonel unstrapped himself from the seat, pulling himself up and using the handles above his head to remain stable. Outside, their Luna transport and the other birds in their flight group were unleashing hell down around their landing zone. Apparently the outside of the temple were just hordes of enemy soldiers, Sith, and battle droids. Coordinating with one another and their flight leaders, they'd use every armament at their disposal to clear a landing area for their ground party. The noise was enough to tell that they had not let up yet.

As more and more rangers stood, Valkren moved himself toward the ramp of the troop bay. He wanted to be sure he was the first one into the fire, a leadership method that was quite simple but effective. Yet, Valkren felt almost as if the inspiration and leading was already done. Perhaps it was the grandmaster, but he just felt as if he could run through a brick wall and then some. He could tell the feeling was spreading like a contagion, as more and more rangers piled closer around him and the door that led to combat.

The colonel looked down, brandishing his assault ripper, then yanking back the charging handle in preparation for the firefight ahead.

Another alert went out to the ground teams, they were landing. The bay doors in front of Valkren lowered slowly, ushering in a nasty sight of a half destroyed temple with a large battle raging around it. Before the ramp and landing gears could hit the ground, Valkren was clambering over the half lowered ramp to throw himself into the crucible.

His radar and peripheral vision told him that the rest of the rangers in his transport, and other transports, were all piling out as well. At least they didn't take too many casualties on the ride down.

Suddenly, a round snapped directly by Valkren's faceplate, a splash of red covered the bottom corner of his visor, restricting his view slightly. The first thought that went through Calderon's mind was that he had taken a through-and-through round to the shoulder, noting the lack of pain due to adrenaline. However after a quick moment to wipe clear his visor and check his vitals, he'd see that absolutely nothing was wrong with him except for a hardy dose of adrenaline. This brought the question up, whose blood?

Glancing down to the source, Valkren's stomach dropped. Corporal Baker had been knocked onto his back, his gloved hands around his neck, attempting to stop the bleeding that was caused by either a well placed enemy slug or a stray round.

He could hear Baker choking through their comms.

In the midst of the combat as the rangers ran forward with the Jedi to set up their perimeter around the transports, the colonel attempted to make a move to help his fallen teammate, only to be shoved off by none other then his XO Harris. The Lieutenant pushed Valkren forward, pointing toward the temple.

"Mate, snap out of it! Get going! I'll take care of Reese, just make sure there's still someone to save there!"

The colonel only nodded, looking to an even more shocked specialist Lowder before pulling him along. They'd need to firm up their perimeter almost immediately if they were going to keep the transports safe as well. He stopped in cover momentarily, pulling Lowder in with as several other rangers took up cover on his position.

At this moment, they needed to regroup, so the colonel began contacting team leaders across his command board within his HUD, making notes of their location.

It was going to be a long day.

Mishel was a lot of things, ready to take someone like Raaf on solo? Not quite. He did know she was over fighting with the Emperor, but Coren was much more afraid of Taeli than he ever would be Carnifex. With the latter he knew what to expect. But with the woman he was currently staring down? She was unpredictable, living right under the nose of him, and the people he trusted, called, allies, and fought alongside for years. She was never what she seemed. But neither was Coren Starchaser.

Dark Jedi Knight.

Enforcer for a long dead Sith Empire.

Imperial kill squad and special forces.

Now? No, he was more now. He was better. Coren Starchaser was a Jedi Master, rightful heir to the legacy of Omai Rhen and the Order he created, the Order that was now collapsing around him. Falling into battle mind, the Force was leading Coren’s movements, guiding his actions and choices as he caught Taeli’s lightsaber, taking glancing blows on his armor where he couldn’t, but finding his reason for being.

It was the end game here. He was not fighting for an Alliance, nor an Order. He was fighting for life itself. The lives of the innocent, and the lives of those who he had come to call family. But they were here. They didn’t need to be. He needed them away. Stepping back from the conflict, he looked at Mishel.

“Get Garn and Nooran. Get the others and get out of here. That is an order.” He turned from his student, and back to his opponent. Charging in lightsaber raised, there was a growing glow about the Jedi Master, as he propelled himself toward the Sith Lady. As he reached closer, he slid to his knees, extinguishing his blade. The intention was to slide under any swing, and jam his elbow into her leg, all the while the Force glowing more in him.

Regardless if he knocked her, he turned with two raised, open hands, and poured the light side with full intention of diminishing Taeli’s connection to the dark side, and remove the Force from this duel.

Coren Starchaser was going to keep hope alive, for the galaxy.

[member="Mishel Noren"]
[member="Taeli Raaf"]
[member="Veino Garn"]
[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Allies: [member="Darth Carnifex"], [member="Taeli Raaf"]
Enemies: [member="Coren Starchaser"]
, [member="Mishel Noren"], [member="Cotan Sar'andor"]
Gear:

The storm grew manifested through the will of the Shadow Hand linked to his power, fueled by the constant overwhelming flood of negative emotion that exploded all around them. The storm grew larger as the boundaries between the physical and the immaterial thinned and it went from a budding storm to a full fledged maelstrom of violent, crackling crimson energy. Bolts and columns of lightning struck down everywhere with the force to shatter stone. As the boundaries slowly faded wind howled through exposed walls with enough force to knock a fully grown man to the ground, the walls of the Room of a Thousand Fountains soon became engulfed by the sheer scope of what was growing at the behest of the Tyrant protected within a sphere at the eye of the storm. Soon the walls buckled completely and exposed battles on all sides of the great chamber, exposing everyone to the great disturbance of the force.

The stones tossed by Cotan were shattered into tiny pieces through several blasts of lightning, several more arced in his direction. The voice of the Shadow Hand roared over the howling winds his eyes blazed with the crimson energy "I am the Final Moment made flesh. I stand here in this temple, and I will wipe the light's stain from this world forever. I will be the axis upon which the wheel of change turns, and the world will drown in the light of unborn stars!" ​He said. A group of Jedi moved to rally behind Cotan's retreat to make it out and they came close, but the power of the dark side would not be denied. They were smashed by the full force of the storm the energy surged through their bodies illuminating their skeletons through their flesh, blackening their bodies into charred husks before blasting them apart.

The storm grew and expanded to unleashing its wrath to the outer chambers, the swirling maelstrom carried debris, bodies, and other dangerous objects electrified through the air. Quite suddenly the Sith Lord at its center seemed to stare upward, something above grabbed his attention. A surge of light within pitched battle against the Lady of Secrets who faced down two opponents and now faced grave danger. He lifted his hand and thrusted a palm high in the air quite suddenly a column of crimson energy blasted upward through what remained of the roof above them, blasting up through the skylight sending a rain of shattered glass down into the maelstrom around them.

The storm continued to rise upward around them to slowly engulf the roof, its energies swirling. But the Sith Lord pointed his hand forward and the column of energy surged right through Taeli Raaf. For a moment the Sith Lady disappeared entirely from view, was she engulfed and cut down by the very Lords she aligned herself with? Instead she was linked to the storm like a battery, her stores of energy flooded by it and in turn she fueled it in some small part. A thick blast of energy continued right through her to collide with the Light manifested through the palm of the Jedi Master. There were explosions of lightning all around them as the storm began to grow from the added power of the Sith Lady.

OBJECTIVE: Catch a falling [member="Anais Auraeli"]
NEARBY: [member="Ember Farseer"] [member="Jairus Starvald"] [member="Irajah Ven"]

She might have lost the Force, but she was still the daughter of an empath and a Merrill. Experience and both sets of instincts guided her inexorably toward the falling body of a child. At the last moment, Mara rolled the ambulance around its long axis. The clawed-open, blood-slicked passenger hold yawned open beneath Anais, and a small body plopped into the ambulance.

"Hold the feth on back there," she yelled over her shoulder. She kept the ambulance tilted as it flew, to ensure the kid didn't slide back out the way she'd come in. The battered vehicle skidded under a tilting skyscraper, then arced up into clear sky.

Well, as clear as you could get on Coruscant today. A crashing battleship detonated hard against the skyline, and Mara flinched in advance of the shockwave. "Buckle in, kid, buckle in right the feth NOW-"

Enemies: [member="Marcus Faust"]
Allies: N/A
Objective: Be the villain.

They clashed against one another, exchanging blows, strikes and lunges.

The longer the battle went, the more Saarai realized that they were measured well. Only the crash against the temple had allowed him to wound the Jedi first and it was that wound that gave him the barest of advantages in this battle. He listened even still, wondering just what Faust was planning. Oh, stalling, yes, but stalling for what exactly in this moment?

"....where is your peace now, Jedi? Your order?" Lord Saarai retorted calmly as the Thirriken pressed the advantage, edged blades twisting and dashing the lightsaber to the side for a lunge of his own at Faust's left leg.

Puncture. Wound. Weaken and slow them down.

"I hold no illusions- the Empire will fall at some point, but there will be order up to that moment. I ensure it. You have been betrayed from the inside and now you fall." He did not seem pleased about it or even derive any pleasure out of it. It was.... simply as it was. The reality of the moment. There was no satisfaction either, because the Alliance was not his true enemy.

No, that was something else.

"Die," A cut. "Live," A slash. "Survive," A lunge. "Flee," A shove. "Convert. It matters not to me. Better sentients than us have tried to break the wheel. So shall you."

Vili Ozouf

V
Objective: GTFO
Allies: [member="Darth Imperia"] [member="Tsisaar Taral"]
Enemies: [member="Jace Khel"] [member="Quvox"] [member="Romi Jade"]

Giving pursuit to the Jedi as she fled up the stairs Vili came to a halt a faint tingling shooting up his spine, the hairs on the back of his neck raising as an unspoken warning was given. Quickly coming to a halt and Backpedaling Vili narrowly dodged as a large chunk of the ceiling broke free crashing before him impeding his path. Slightly startled the Sith thought about continuing on for he and the Jedi’s fight had truly yet to end. Vili had come to test himself in combat, not to watch as his foe fled like some craven hunter in the night.

Taking a step forward the Valkyri felt the entire temple shake as there was an almighty impact that nearly knocked him off his feet. Before him what had only been one chunk of rubble now turned into an impassable wall blocking him from continuing up the stairway. Next time then. Rising to his full height Vili summoned Sol back to his hand and placed both the axes back in their hilts. He hadn’t come here to die in a collapsing temple, nor did he plan to stay till the end. He would take cues from the Jedi and escape before he lost his own life, such a death would be unfitting.

Jogging down the stairs two at a time Vili would once more enter the main hall dust stinging at his eyes, the sensations of the dark growing only more powerful as he could feel it all gathering deeper within the temple, a strength that he could only wish to possess one day. That day would come but how long would it take? How many decades would he have to train? Musings cut off from the foundation of the temple shaking beneath his feet Vili turned his back and did the one thing he despised… He fled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom