Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Election Night Party (Fringe+Kiskla)

| @[member="Ashin Varanin"] |

"I'll be sure to attend." He turned to watch Spencer momentarily before asking. "Spencer confuses me, if I am honest. She has a distinctive feel to her, like the dark side surrounds her, but I do not sense that she is one with the dark side." He leaned his head to the left. "I think it's time you and her were privy to why I have put so much effort in locating Aza'Zoth and the Dark Order that I found. I did not cover all the bases on the Spires of Hell."

He sighed, looking back to Ashin. "It is my aspiration that you and Spencer will join me when it is time I leave Aza'Zoth, back to the core. That you will be the first to join the following I am creating."

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
@[member="Mikhail Shorn"] @[member="Hannibal Oryen"]

Grinning jovially, she smiled and waved across the room at Meret as she departed, or went to depart. Reaching out on instinct, her fingers curled around Hannibal's bicep, trying to keep the cyborg steady as Shorn made a blockbuster appearance.

"Holy kriff sticks, Shorn!" She could feel the heat rising to her face. Probably too many vapaad lessons. Still, she was pretty good at holding her own liquor. Didn't get a rep. for drinking the Mandalorians under the table for nothin.'

Myrtle-ellipses snapped up to meet those icebergs of Shorn. "Why are you even here, darlin? Just like torturing yourself by looking at the cake you'll never get to taste?" Eyes drifted lazily across the room to Spencer. If there was one thing Hannibal taught her, it was to do the research on your target.

Mikhail's file was very...colorful.

Confident Hannibal wouldn't fall on the floor, her fingers released his arm and settled back at her side.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Vilox Pazela"]

"I follow nobody," said Ashin, casually enough, "but if I didn't think your movement had merit, I wouldn't be supporting it. Now would I?"

She accepted @[member="Lord Dissero"]'s comm chit. "Vaapad Lessons? About twenty percent Ol' Janx Spirit, thirty percent adrenal stim - fizzy, glowy, pinky, purple and black. Nobody knows what's in the remaining fifty percent. Maybe when I give you a call, I'll have found the answer. Have a good one, Dissero."

@[member="Alen Na'Varro"]'s husky voice mighta given her a shiver if she'd been in the mood, but she most emphatically wasn't. So his congratulations got half a grin and a nod of acknowledgement. "Thanks," she said, because what else was one to say?

As both esteemed gentlemen went about their affairs, Rave found a quiet corner and went to sleep.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Ashin looked away from @[member="Vilox Pazela"]. "Excuse me a moment," she said. "Matters of state to discuss with Spencer - I'm sure you understand."

She left her fellow Dark Master and moved through the election-night crowd to find her wife. "Here you go," she said, presenting Spencer with one plate of cake. "Exactly as delivered, minus one forkful. Perhaps two."

| @[member="Ashin Varanin"] | @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] |

Vilox Pazela folded his arms over his chest, watching the two women as they conversed, Ashin supplying her wife with cake. A simple gesture, a token of their love for each other. Spencer's smile confirmed that the gesture had not gone unnoticed. It was here, then, that their fellow Dark Master ascertained their fatal flaws: each other. "Curious," he murmured, his yellow predatory eyes on the two of them. "One cannot live without the other and vice versa."

He waited for Ashin to return or for them to bump into each other again, so he could correct her. She wouldn't be following him, but a goal. An objective that they could both work towards. That they could all work towards.

Glee spread across Spencer's face as she looked at the cake. Of course she didn't mind too much for the missing bites, but she nearly at the entire slice hole. Sensing that Ashin had business, she gave her wife a wink and a grin reminding her not to take too long with her business. With that Spencer sauntered way from the woman and enjoyed her cake.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

"Glass'll do that. But, it's good you have servants to take care of the other. Make sure they do a saline rinse, tiny shards stick to bone like stickers on a schoolbook." The vague mistrust crushing the room is beginning to badger down on little medic me. As Meret slips her hand in mine, my mission is clear and open. Keep Meret calm, give her a place to rest without too many sets of eyes. @[member="Lucien Cordel"]

And the Lady gets it! I find myself agreeing with @[member="Meret Blackmoon"]'s political views, what was with all the infighting? Then again, what was with the situations? And then again if I was to get into a fight, I'd break my hand… and probably shriek like a child… and okay if there was shooting involved I'd be fine, but …. what am I saying to myself? "It is pretty rough. Having a successful government is about more than who has the biggest stick. We all know who has military and physical power. Not as interesting as making sure everyone underneath them are tended to. Take good care of the health and needs of the people, and their loyalty will be easier to maintain. Excuse me."

I take Meret beyond the kaggath area, out to a secluded spot with a view to outside. The wind sprays across my face, I feel the jitters leaving my hands and I can breathe without having to clench my teeth. Strong personalities. Too strong, maybe, for a while. "Voted for you, why'd you run? I mean, me, it's easy. Everyone was doing it and there was Kitt's pie and it tasted fantastic so by the time I ended up standing at the podium I just kind of spewed words and left. Do you want to be on the High Council with Lucien?" My tongue barely gets around the name. I quell an odd feeling in my gut, one I'm not used to. I don't recognize it, so used to becoming whatever is required of the other person's desires. I'm a symbiont today without a host and deep in my cerebrum I know it's Meret's doing. As I peer outward, I can't eye her.

My hands splay over the railing and I wait in this tentative null space. "Truth? You seemed like you needed a break. Space, you know? Mind went all wobbly there. What's up?"

Dissero tipped a brow at the passing man with whom he had no familiarity and gave a gruff snigger. Rising to his feet, Dissero nodded once to the teal-haired, magenta-eyed Alchemist and moved to follow the crowd now making way back into the thick of things.

In the main hall the excitement was certainly still buzzing, though less chaotically so. An exchange here. A drama there. Paying it all little mind, he made his way to the voting boxes and after several minutes of consideration and a very subtle mental distraction thanks in part to the lovely @[member="Carré Inirial"], he exited feeling markedly void of accomplishment. His own votes cast simply on personal bias and less so on actual merit, he could only hope they would be lost in the growing pile. Because one vote never made any difference, did it?

The Archivist took a breath, surveyed the scene, and just as he was about to head for the bar where that lovely brunette was seated, he paused and instead redirected his path towards the sauntering blond instead. Sliding up out of her peripheral but likely not out of her awareness, Dissero reached around her petite form, smoothly swiping a finger across the icing of what little remained of her cake.

He popped it immediately in his mouth, "Mm, made with tender loving care I bet." The man gave @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] a wide grin.

Meret looked back to see Lucien leave and so she follow Anders outside.

Meret LISTEN to Anders’ words. She was not in his head and was glad to hear a real vibration, a melodious voice. “You voted for me? You and I are very much the same in some ways, I thought about being on the council to being peace, a sobering voice, to please Lucien. I can always just go back to Endor and play with the Whisties.” The cool night air was refreshing. The party was almost toxic to Meret. It seems that the party had energy of its own, as if it was possessed. She had read about lower vibrational energies can attach themselves to sentient beings. She found some sage growing in the walkway. Meret picked a few leaves, handed some to Anders and then rubbed it on her third eye and on her neck…”Protection to keep away the bad energy I think I need to go now”
She took Anders’ hand and kissed the back of it.

Lucien Lent back in his chair relief washed over him. His wife had not Forsaken him. His servant diligently followed Anders instructions and soon had Luciens hand bandaged up. The servant stood up "M'lord would you like anything else?" Lucien opened his eyes "Can I have somthing to eat and a drink Please" He said his voice soft and weak. He sat and waited for Meret to come back. The servant returned a short time later with a glass of wine and some pie from the kitchen. He placed the items on the table next to Lucien and then bowed before Lucien dismissed him.

I take the sage and rub my forehead, a dash under my throat before ripping the leaves in two pieces and holding them to Meret's temples. A deep inhale, in the pause I watch her face hoping to see the discomfort settle for a few seconds of the Forest I remember in Endor. Maybe it drifted, finding its way to mine as I realize I'm not shaking or freaking out. I'm calm in a building full of beings. Even a dragon. The exhale comes as a whisper, I pull at the tension I feel on her forehead, drawing it out of her tense shoulders and try to take it from her. Keep it. Cut her ties and leave her with nothing but herself. I'm no @[member="Spencer Jacobs"], but I can try to be a diligent student at least. My forehead furrows as I let my fingers drift away from her temples, hanging in the next pause. "Lucien pleased. I can't…. I can't picture that. Vindicated, yes, but pleased?"

My lips shut. I have no business talking to @[member="Meret Blackmoon"] about her beau. The bad energy. Sure, I've got my opinions. "Thought I was the one who left parties. Maybe you need some air, don't you want to hear the results? I could forward them to you if y…" Meret's lips press to my hand and my lungs stop moving. My thumb drags across her cheek as the kiss leaves its tattoo on my skin. Staggered, I look straight at her. "Don't leave. Not yet." I take my hands away and look upward. Force, what am I doing? "I can protect your mind, but if there're any other empaths, they'll notice. I can do it. Leave you to your thoughts, even for a little… sorry, it's not my place."

What gift could I give the future Lady Cordel, but the gift of emotional silence, a freeing pasture for her to relax. My chest heaves, but I keep it quiet. Silent. This is mine, and I can't let it get in the way. "I…" Her hair falls like star shine down her svelte shoulders, her tired eyes have the drift of a quiet beauty trying to sweep up from their wane and return to sumptuous activity. She is staggeringly beautiful, a compatriotic centre I thought was impossible for my symbiotic personality to find purchase with and yet remain Anders.

And her fiancé is waiting for her inside. "I don't think anyone will vote for an unknown empath like me. A paramedic with painting skills and musical training, but if I can? At all? I want you to have the votes." Be careful. Had I a mirror, what face would I see staring within it? I do not recognize the man in my mind. "I should check in with Spencer. . . see … see if there's any more cake."

Meret returned to her seat as she was in a better state of mind. "I feel better now, Anders is like taking a tranquilizer, he was a very calming affect on me." She looked at his hand. "I can take care of that when we leave." Meret wondered how long they would have to stay or maybe they could slip out without being noticed. If Lucien had to stay she would go back to their suite now.

I stand alone in this physical and mental space and the inalterable 'we' begins to infiltrate my conscious mind as @[member="Meret Blackmoon"] gets further away. I pull at my own expansive mind - fledgeling in comparison to the Masters and Knights present - for any peace I can give her as I walk to the bar. Sitting down on a stool, I hold up two fingers. "Vapaad Lessons." and tap my knuckles on the countertop. The barman sniffs, shoves over the drinks and the first is down my gullet before I blink. The second I hold on to, remembering what Rave said and checking around for the green haired woman. She showed some serious skill. I see a bunch of people, all with their own auras and sentiments, all beginning the tumbling cascade into my mind.

Soon there won't be an 'I' or an 'Anders' at all, there will be the relentless 'we', the next in symbiosis and for a moment I wonder which one it'll be. I saunter over to the woman who found me, the first person to distinguish Anders from the mental barrage and someone I hope to learn more from as time goes on. @[member="Spencer Jacobs"]. "Good cake? I found what I'm hoping becomes a mental paralytic." I stare at the foaming glass, its purple liquid brimming with promise. "Ma'am." The second Vapaad Lesson goes down as easily as the first. A passing tray brings the promise of champagne. Mixing is fun.

Lord Ghoul

L
Shorn ignored the unimportant mercenary who freaked at his appearance and followed @[member="Kitt Solo"]'s gaze, glimpsing Spencer Jacobs for the second time that night. A dangerous light crept into Shorn's eyes. He turned slowly back to Kitt. He smiled murderously and leaned in close.

"You're lucky I'm attending my anger management classes."

He leaned his back against the bar and stared out across the room, "Otherwise you and the medic might be in the same-" His eyes searched for the man in question, who was apparently one of the candidates. His gaze landed on the man, leading Lucien Cordel's wife outside. Where was Lucien? Shorn found him, nursing a bleeding hand as a servant pulled shards of shattered glass from it. The swirl of emotions his former apprentice bled into the Force completed the puzzle. An unexplainable anger twisted Mikhail's gut.

No, wait... it was entirely explainable.

His hands curled into fists. He turned back to Kitt. "I like you. You're funny. Killing you would really ruin my day. Drop the bounty." He began walking away. "Excuse me, I've got to take care of something." His voice was colder than ice. By this time, Anderas had come back from the outside, unaccompanied by Meret. Lucien seemed relieved. Shorn wasn't.

The Thronebreaker vanished midstride and appeared right next to @[member="Anders Sivas"] and @[member="Spencer Jacobs"]. "You." He pointed at Anderas. "Come with me."

He turned on his heel and strode outside, where Sivas had just come from. He held up his hand and grabbed Sivas in the Force with a telekinetic grip like a durasteel docking claw, then pulled him along behind him. The kid was coming whether he liked it or not.

Lucien turned to Meret "I want to go darling, I really do but as soon as the vote count is in Jared is holding a high council meeting" He sighed, Then realised that he could have someone else tell him the results. "We can go, I just need to have that servant of mine tell me just before the results are announced. He took Meret's hand and made for the front door ... then he saw Mikhail Shorn with the medic, That was a bad sign. He pulled Meret around quickly "Too many people will see us we can go out the back way ... it's much safer"

"So as I was saying, Mast-ah-Mada-ah… @[member="Spencer Jacobs"], the other day, I wa-aaah! Spencer! Jared! Yoda! Save me!" One second I'm regaling Spencer about a semi-fascinating story of …. was it pink fish? When some dude I've never seen before goes all "You! You're with me!" And my first inclination is to think, 'oh gosh, at some point this was another of my symbiotic couplings and he's jilted. What's his name? Remember his name! Come on A-an-anders?' Even my brain stutters as I'm lifted and brought around.

And yes, as I'm allergic to being stabbed, maimed, and punched, I flop around like an unstuffed toy ewok in @[member="Mikhail Shorn"]'s 'grasp'. "Woa! Hoh! Did I know you at some point, 'cause I can explain! Probably?" I'm still throwing my brain through the paces, trying to remember who the guy is, "Maybe?" wondering if he's someone's special some pony and I got in the way. "Odds are I have an explanation in here somewhere. . . do you know me? Should I be thankful or frightened or is this one of those campaign promises things, 'cause I don't remember force chokes being on my itsy bitsy list."

The best part? I'm still flopping around like a jellyfish in the jaws of a shark. A shark in air. An air-shark. Maybe three Vapaad Lessons and that champagne is going to crown the list of worst things ever.

Lord Ghoul

L
The Thronebreaker ignored the whining wife-stealer until they were outside. When the cold breeze whipped about the both of them, Shorn whirled on the kid, gripping him around the throat in a Force Choke and leaning in close until their noses nearly touched. His eyes were like daggers of cold, polished steel.

"Listen, punk, I don't know who the hell you are and normally I wouldn't give a damn about you, but you've caught my attention. I don't have a lot of friends. I tend to push people away with my wonderful personality. But Lucien Cordel? That man's the only friend I've got. So yeah, you got my attention. You know how? Attempting to seduce Lucien's wife. Now, he could snap you in half by wiggling his pinky, but he's too nice for that."

Shorn's telekinetic grip around @[member="Anders Sivas"]' throat tightened. The kid would find it hard to breath. Mikhail attempted to lift him up by his neck and hold him out over the balcony, above the open air, where his feet would dangle in nothingness. The fall would be more than a hundred stories if Shorn let go.

"I on the other hand? I've got no problem with breaking your neck and tossing you off this building. This is your first and last warning: lay off Lucien's wife, before I lay you off this building."

The grip around the kid's throat loosened, but not enough to drop him.

Meret stopped dead in her tracks and question Lucien. "What's going on?" She looked around and saw that Anders and Shorn were no longer at the bar. Meret frenetically moved to retraced their steps only to view Shorn let go of Anders. She quietly walked up to Shorn and asked "Did Lucien put you up to this? THIS is none of your business THUG and if you think you have protected your dear friend Lucien you are sorrily wrong, you have only made things worst! Anders and I were discussing information about the elections. Time after time the members violent behavior have discredited the Fringe members in my eyes " The Kiffa warrior was in full bloom. Meret spit at Shorn's boots. She marched back to Lucied. "The longer I am around these animals the more I act like them, no like my mother! I will be returning to Endor." She added one more comment. "Were you going to have Anders killed just like that boy?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom