Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Know What I Know? (Siobhan)

"Okay." The redhead said softly, feeling much, much calmer. "Then I'll be okay. I can manage that if I have you." She still sounded a bit frightened, but at least not on the edge of panic, and no longer shaking. "And you know I will. Always going to be the best hunter." She said with the tiniest hints of a smile. Galina didn't comment on the guards. She still wasn't sure about that part but would cross that bridge when she got there.

Though that smile quickly faded "When is this happening? I know today, but when. A few hours, minutes?" That was the last question she really wanted an answer to.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

"You have a few hours, angel. So you can have breakfast and then we'll pack together. You can take Grrbyrr with you." Not being at his momma's side would upset the little furball, but he loved Galina, so it ought to work you.

Tarissa, who until now had been standing outside with Mirien and felt moderately awkward about the whole affair, peered into the room. Presumably Galina was somewhat familiar with her since she did visit the villa occasionally. "I'll be praying to the Goddess for your safe travel and wellbeing, dear. She will not withdraw her loving hand from you." It sounded encouraging to her.

"A few hours." She nodded. That felt better than just a few minutes. Or even an hour. "And Grrbyrr gets to come with me?" That she was excited for. Galina did love creatures great and small and especially the dangerous ones. "Well, let's go eat then. Then we can get ready for me to leave." She sighed quietly.

Her attention was soon drawn to Tarissa at her door. She had seen her around the villa a few times. "Thank you. I appreciate it. Tarissa is it?" She had to ask, not really sure on her name. Galina wasn't always the best at recalling names. "Makes me feel a little better."

Mirien then peered in, "All the arrangements have been made. Everything should arrive within a couple of hours. Then you both can take all the time you need to get packed and ready. There's nothing to worry about, Galina. My very best people are coming with you, to see no harm will come to you. It's all going to be alright." She said softly, trying to be soothing as she could.

Galina only nodded, clearly still a fair bit anxious about all of this. Reaching out she took her mother's hand, and slowly rose from the bed. For the moment she stayed close by her, wanting just to have a little more time with Siobhan before she had to leave.

[member="Tarissa Cadalthor"]

"Yep, Grrbyrr'll go with you. You know he adores you. Just remember what I told you about feeding him," Siobhan said sweetly, patting her daughter on the shoulder. At least animals always cheered Galina up. Little did she know that Galina might end up adopting a fellbeast!

Tarissa smiled at her indulgently. She wasn't really good with kids. Well, most of the time she found them pesky and annoying, but hey, she was sort of trying. "Yes, Tarissa. The Goddess'll be with you, child. She has protected you before." Well, that might help explain a few miracles in Galina's life.

Anyhow, Siobhan held her daughter's hand tight and led her out of the bedroom down towards the dining room. She did not only really needed the closeness, it also made it easier for her to walk! Servant girls had already prepared breakfast, so the ladies sat down. Presumably a certain Jester would show up, attracted by the smell of delicious food.

"I know he does. He's adorable, and sweet." Galina then nodded, "I won't forget, I promise."

Galina's focus was soon brought back to Tarissa. "Ah, yes. I've seen you around the Villa a few times. Just wasn't sure. I don't think we've been introduced really. It's a pleasure to meet you, just wish it might have been under better circumstances." She said softly, politely while reaching out to shake the woman's hand. Now the talk of the Goddess, Galina was a little iffy on. "I suppose maybe she has." The girl was after all keenly aware several miracles had occurred for her to be standing here, alive, breathing and relatively unharmed.

Galina stayed close to her mother, offering her support as they moved through the house and down to the dining room. She settled down into a seat beside her mum before she reached to grab her selected foods from what had been offered to her. And Mirien settled in across from Galina, soon digging into the food.

It wasn't hard to see Galina was still nervous and anxious. Not that anyone could blame her, learning her mother had nearly died, learning that she was being forced to flee the planet heading to some distant world. It was a lot for anyone to take in.

The portents were clear. Galina had been chosen by the Goddess. She might not love Ashira yet, but Ashira already loved her. It was her destiny to bring freedom to Sigma and bring it into the embrace of the Goddess.

Anyway, moving on, our leading ladies sat down to breakfast. However, Siobhan found it difficult to relax. Or even eat much. She knew she had to appear calm and set a good example, but she could not help be besieged by worry. This would be the first time she'd be separated from her daughter at length. She obviously didn't want to think about what had transpired during the Netherworld event.

Compared to this, almost dying was small potatoes. So she sipped her tea and nibbled at her food. It was at this point that an adorable little furball had to race into the dining room and lighten up the mood!

<< Momma you back miss you! >> the Jester projected telepathically, projecting both excitement and relief. Quickly he'd raced to Sio's foot and gave one of her toes a lick, then jumped on her lap. He looked up at her with his adorable beady eyes. << Nice red-mane >> he said in reference to Galina. She was kind to him, so he liked her.

It went without saying, this breakfast was more than a bit awkward. The silence, and both Galina and Sio barely picking at their food. Neither seemed that interested. So much else was on their minds.

Her thoughts too, wandered to the loss with the Netherworld. The separation. She didn't want to be separated for Siobhan for long, not quite trusting that she'd be here when it was all over. Separation anxiety, unfortunately very real for Galina.

Then Grrbyrr attacks! Well not really but he bounded into the room, bringing a smile to Galina's lips. Animals certainly did make her feel better, more comfortable. "Hello Grrbyrr, little guy. So cute." She said cheerfully and reached over into Sio's lap to pet the little creature. For the moment he helped her forget about what was to come after breakfast.

Grrbyrr purred happily, enjoying being petted by the lovely firemane. << Red-mane nice! Grrbyrr like! >> he licked her hand happily. He was probably hoping that she'd feed him since he was being so adorable.

"Yep, she's our little angel," Siobhan said, sounding a bit more cheerful. "Grrbyrr, my boy, Galina's gonna go on a trip. I'd like you to go with her to keep her company."

This clearly upset the little Jester. << Don't wanna go! Want momma. Momma not coming? >>

Siobhan sighed slightly. Owning a Jester was less like having a pet and more like a little kid. So she petted the furball reassuringly. "Momma'll come soon. It won't be long. Will you be a good boy and look after Galina for me?"

The Jester seemed to consider this. Well, as much as the furball thought about things beyond eating. << Grrrbyrr good! Me protect nice red-mane << He declared gallantly. Well, then nothing could go wrong.

"That's my good boy."

<< Hungry! >>

Galina smiled, listening to her mum talk to Grrbyrr. "I'll take good care of you, Grrbyrr. I really could use you to help keep me company." A familiar and loving pet, no doubt would help Galina keep her mind off things.

She sighed slightly, realizing she'd have to leave soon. And her mummy wasn't coming with her. She'd just be a strange girl, in a strange land with a handful of people she didn't know all that well.

"I'll protect you too, boy." She said, trying to be comforting to the creature as she pulled an apple from the table and offered it to him. "Here you go."

Galina at this point was done with her food. She had little interest in eating any more than the tiny amount she had. There was just too much weight on her shoulders knowing what was going to happen so soon.

By this point, the team for Galina had arrived and Mirien had stepped out to make sure everything was in order and they were well briefed on the situation, and risks that came with it. Risks that included death if they failed in protecting the young Firemane.

"I guess, maybe it's time to go pack." Galina said sadly, lingering just a little longer at the table.

It was time. Siobhan had not had much of an appetite and thus had barely touched the food beyond eating a small amount, even though she was hungry. She could barely focus on anything else beyond the certainty that she'd soon be separated from her daughter.

Her little angel would be leaving the nest. Even her thoughts of vengeance against all those involved in the attempt on her life took a backseat compared to this. There was too large a weight on her shoulders to think coherently about anything else.

"Yeah, I'll help you," Siobhan said immediately, getting up. Harmony quickly fetched the Lady's cane and passed it over to her. As much as being dependent on it annoyed her, the Countess gratefully accepted, carrying Grrbyrr in her free hand. The little Jester had been the most enthusiastic when it came to eating.

"Come on, sweetie. Let's pack your stuff. I'll be going with you," Harmony spoke warmly to Galina, taking her by the arm.

Galina nodded, and rose from the table. She was having a bit of trouble keeping it together but managed not to let it show as they left the table. "Thanks, Mum." Her voice so soft and uncertain sounding.

She glanced to Harmony and nodded again. It was a little hard to form words at that point. At least Harmony would be another familiar face. She let her take her by the arm as they all headed back up to the redhead's bedroom. Once there, her eyes flicked about the room, not having much clue what she should bring. There was clothing to pack, books, her bow and arrows that she dutifully maintained. A part of it was breaking her heart to know she'd be leaving, to never again return, to never see this same room. It would all be gone.

She sighed heavily and started to grab her books first. Clothing was low on the list to grab. She hardly cared what she wore. Books, learning, reading, and hunting were high on her list. A pile of books soon grew as she laid them one by one on the bed. And then the bow, she lifted from it's place on the wall, gathering her quiver as well and returned to set them on the bed.

With another heavy sigh, she sat down on the edge of the bed, not wanting to really continue. It meant she was leaving. Once it was all packed away, she'd have to leave. Delaying the inevitable. "Everything's going to change, now. Isn't it?" She asked quietly, trying to hold back tears. At least it certainly felt that way to her. Galina's world was massively changing.

"No, no, not everything. It'll be a different place, a different world with new wonders and dangers...but the most important thing will stay the same: We'll be a family, always. We'll be together," Siobhan said, visibly trying to hold back tears herself.

Limping over to Galina, she pulled her daughter into a bear hug. "Whatever happens, I'll always be there. I'll always find you."

Galina sighed and nodded. "It just feels like it's all changing. I was just starting to really adjust to life here. In this society. And now it changes."

When her mother came over, Galina was quick to return the hug pulling Siobhan tight to her. "I know, I'll still have my family. I just ... I'm afraid of losing you guys when I can't be here." Tears were welling up already.

The little redhead sighed again, and pulled away only to get up and grab the clothes she thought she would need. "Don't really know what else I need." She said finally, sniffling a little, as she set a small pile of clothing onto the bed to be packed with her other belongings.

"You promise? You'll always find me? Always be there?" She needed that reassurance, when so much around her was changing.

"Always," Siobhan said very firmly. "You're my angel, my princess, you're the most important person in my life. I'll always be here for you. No matter what happens. I love you so much," At this point she gave up the fight and let the tears flow freely.

Galina started to cry too. She couldn't help it. Still she dutifully packed her belongings into her bags and got everything settled the way she wanted it. Sighing heavily, she leaned against Siobhan and just let herself cry, not really caring at this point. "I love you too, mum." She whispered, so quietly.

Right about then, Mirien peeked her head into the room. "I don't mean to be insensitive, but the team is here. They are briefed and ready. And everything is set to go on my end. Whenever you both are ready, it's all set." She said quietly before retreating.

With far too palpable reluctance, Siobhan pulled away from her daughter. Mirien was right. They needed to move. "I'm sooo proud of you, dear. You're the best daughter a mother could ask for," she said feelingly, then took her hand. "Come on. Time for your trip over the great pond."

Outside Tarissa was waiting. As a matter of fact, the aristocrat was seated in a lotus position. Yep, she'd been actually praying. However, Galina would see that a very ornate looking scabbard was lying in front of her. Upon seeing the girl, Tarissa picked it up and arose, approaching her.

"It contains a sarix. It has been in my family's possession for many generations. I'd like you to have it. I hope you never have cause to use it, but it was blessed by the Grand Chaplain of Ashira with the holy rites." This obviously made it far too awesome for a tech sub.

Galina sighed again, wiping away her tears as best she could. She was terrified about the separation and the flight. It was taking all she had in her to remain somewhat calm. She let Sio take her hand and lead her out into the hall.

There she saw Tarissa and looked a bit inquisitvely at her. Praying, Galina came to the conclusion. Then her eyes moved to the blade as Tarissa rose to offer it to her. "I ..." She seemed stunned by it. Not sure how to respond. "Thank you, Tarissa. I ... I don't know what to say." It was an incredibly stunning weapon in Galina's eyes, and meant more to the redhead than she could express. "No one has ever offered me something like this before." Her words a little breathless, still a bit in shock. Carefully she turned the scabbard over in her hands. "I've never seen a weapon so lovely, but are you certain you wish me to have this?"

Mirien's attention turned to Siobhan. "The crate is downstairs. It's as comfortable inside as any bed. I've made sure of that. Blankets and all to ensure her comfort. Maybe be best for her not to see it though, and drug her on the couch and let her fall asleep in your arms. I do have the sedative for her when you both are ready." She telepathically projected to Sio. "It might help her too. I think you both need that last moment together."

"Yes, I am certain. I know you will do it honour. Ancestors bless you." Though ornate and elaborate, the sarix had seen use in the many wars House Cadalthor had fought in. It had claimed the lives of Kar'zun, foreign pirates and Eldorai. It had even tasted the blood of two queens. Tarissa was not the type to hug, so she patted the girl on the shoulder. The motion was a bit awkward for the noblewoman, but she was trying at least!

Siobhan heard Mirien's telepathic words and signalled affirmation through their bond. "Thank you, Tar. That's very sweet of you. Galina, angel, why don't we sit down on the couch? We can cuddle there, and you can fall asleep." She deliberately avoided directly saying 'sedate you'.

Galina managed a smile, "Thank you Tarissa. I will treasure it." Her attention focused largely on the blade in her hands and then back to Tarissa. The redhead seemed truly grateful for the weapon, loving it already.

And the moment had come. Galina swallowed hard and walked over to the couch with Siobhan and settled down onto it. Bringing her knees up, she curled into a small ball nestling herself tightly against Siobhan's shoulder and chest.

Mirien had stepped outside of the room for a moment, out of sight. In her hand was the vial and the syringe. She took a moment and slowly drew the medication up into the syringe. She had figured it would be better to not scare Galina by letting her see this. No need to draw out the anxiety for the poor dear. Capping the syringe she walked back in keeping it out of sight as best she could.

The brunette walked slowly over and sat down next to Galina, and Siobhan. She was kind, gently rubbing the girl's shoulder to get her to relax a little. She waited only for a final acknowledgement from Siobhan. Once given, she sighed quietly. It was one thing to do this to a prisoner. It was another thing to do it to your lover's daughter, knowing exactly how terrified she was.

"Just need you to relax Galina. Let me have your arm."

Reluctantly Galina let her take it, though she tensed turning her head away. Her body shaking a fair deal, and once more she was crying again.

"It's just going to be a little pinch, and it may sting. You'll fall asleep quickly." Trying to be as soothing as she could. Mirien found a vein in the girls arm and quickly pressed the needle into her skin. Galina winced. Going slowly, Mirien pushed the drug into her system, watching carefully how the redhead responded.

The girl was trying to stay awake, as long as she could, clinging tightly to Siobhan. Mirien finally pulled the needle out, and set it aside. Galina was quick to crawl into Siobhan's lap, though her movements were weak and shaky. Finally she settled, and her eyes drifted slowly closed, inching closer to sleep. "I love you, mum." She whispered, before finally drifting off.

"My lovely, brave girl." Siobhan held on to her little girl, clinging tightly to her while she stroked her glorious firemane. "Mummy loves you sooo much." At this point Siobhan did not even bother try and hide the tears that were dripping down her cheeks.

Finally it was done and Galina was asleep. Siobhan sighed deeply, then kissed her daughter on the forehead. Then she picked her up, craddling the redhead in her arms. Carrying her, she walked down the stairs to the chamber that held the crate.

As Mirien had promised, it was large and comfortable looking. Gently she laid Galina down, making sure that her head was propped up on a pillow and she was covered by a blanket. "If any harm comes to her, heads will roll. I will kill every single person who failed to protect her." She was not joking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom