Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Know What I Know? (Siobhan)

Mirien couldn't help but feel a stab of pain and regret for being the one to sedate Galina. However, it had to be done. It was the kindest and safest way to get Galina from point A to point B without traumatizing her further.

The former Inquisitor followed behind Siobhan and watched as she placed her into the crate. "Believe me, I already informed the team of the same thing during the briefing. I will torture then maim, then kill anyone that fails her." She wasn't joking either. Not at all. The team soon assembled in the room, as Mirien lifted the lid to the crate and shut it gently.

"With great care, and respect take her and her belongings to the shuttle. We'll head to the skyport from there. And see her safely placed on her ship." Mirien ordered firmly. She then laid a gentle hand on Siobhan's shoulders. "She's in the best hands, love. I wouldn't trust her with anyone but my very best people. People I trust with my own life." Which that number of people could be counted in single digits only. Mirien was not the trusting type, or the type to put her life into another person's hands. Which meant these had to be the elite of the elite that Mirien had. Nothing less would do.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Mirien Valdier"]

Congrats, misc. Firemane minions. Your two lovely leader ladies are channelling their inner Lady Vader. This one would be terribly amused if mooks called Mirien and/or Siobhan that behind their backs.

Siobhan made sure Galina was nicely tucked in, then took a step back, wiping tears from her face. She didn't turn to look at Mirien, but heard her words and acknowledged them with a nod. "I know. Thank you for helping us through this, my love," she said feelingly. What she did not feel like expressing in words would be conveyed through their bond, like a metaphysical blanket covering them both.

Then she was all business again, the crate carrying Galina was picked up by mooks and carefully deposited in the shuttle. Then it soon lifted off into the air along with our ladies, leaving Kaeshana behind it as it headed to the Skyport, since the latter had not been moved yet!

Lady Vader. It was definitely one of those moments for the both of them. This one wouldn't be at all surprised if their minions did indeed call them that.

Mirien frowned, and gently laid a hand on Siobhan's shoulder. Her eyes following as the crate was carefully picked up and shuffled outside to the shuttle. "I wish this hadn't been necessary. But the same time, I'm glad I could at least help here and ease your burdens."

Taking her hand, she let Siobhan into the shuttle behind the crate and soon settled down. The flight to the Skyport was quiet and uneventful. Once there it was going to be a simple matter to transfer the cargo and place the young redhead into her bed.

Mirien rose slowly to oversee the team move the crate containing the most precious cargo. "Do you want to carry her to her bed on the ship, Sio? To say your final goodbye to her?" She asked quietly. "Eileithya I believe may already be on board."

Clearly they needed to Force Choke some people in this thread! This one has missed dark Sio a bit.

Siobhan was quiet during the brief trip to the Skyport. It was like she had shut down. Finally she looked at Mirien and nodded. "Yes, I'd like to do that," she said quietly, sighing.

Supervised by Mirien, the team transported the precious cargo into the Firemane corvette, a ship designed for stealth. Then Siobhan, limping badly, carried her little girl herself. The room chosen for Galina was very nice. Big bed, comfy pillows and covers. There was even a stuffed Wampa. Indeed, an effort had been made to make it resemble the room in the villa.

A room she would never see again. Just like the villa. By the time the asteroid hit, it would have been evacuated. Siobhan was half tempted to just blow it up in advance. Eileithya was already in the room when the pair arrived. The normally chipper priestess looked unusually introspective.

"Siobhan, thank the Goddess you're alright. Mirien, good to see you, too," she said when the two entered and immediately arose. Presumably she'd heard about the assassination attempt. Seeing how Siobhan was struggling to keep her balance, she took Galina from her and laid her down on the bed. She fondly stroked the little firemane. "We'll take good care of you, sweetie."

"She had nightmares on her first night at the villa. Chesna helped her with them...but she may get scared at night now that she's separated. You'll help her if she does, right?" There was a strong note of anxiety in her voice.

"Of course. I'll hold her if she needs someone. You know I love the little firemane," Eileithya reassured her, putting a gentle hand on Sio's shoulder.

The Countess breathed in. "Thanks, I'm so happy to have you both," she spoke, meaning both Mirien and the Priestess. Stepping towards Galina, she bent down and kissed her on the forehead. "Goodbye, Galina, take care and remember..I love you, always. And...we'll be together again." At this point she was fighting back tears.

Mirien didn't say much, doubting Sio wanted to talk. All she could do was watch, and be there to support her as best she could. She stayed close as Sio picked up Galina and took her into the girl's bedroom. Mirien gave a nod to the Priestess, "Eileithya, good to see you. Wish it was under better circumstances."

Mirien glanced sadly to Siobhan, feeling her anxiety, worry and fears of letting Galina go. "She's in the best of hands, Sio. There's no one better to take care of her." Still doing what she could to reassure her that everything would turn out alright.

Truth be told, the scene even made Mirien a little misty-eyed but she did her best to keep that in check. Reaching out, she gently took Siobhan's hand. "Everything's going to be fine, Sio. She'll be fine. She's a tough cookie." A sigh followed, "I don't mean to be insensitive, but time is of the essence. The ship is loaded and needs to depart now, before anyone gets wind of what is happening here. Not to mention we have matters to attend to back on the planet. There are people who need to be .... managed." Managed. A funny word in this context. Managed, just a polite word for tortured and murdered.

Siobhan seemed to have blotted both Mirien and Eileithya out as she focused upon her daughter. Ever fibre of her being rebelled against leaving her, yet she knew it was necessary. But this was her little angel.

Finally she sighed, patted Galina's hand and withdrew. She did not look back again because she was not sure whether she'd have the strength to actually leave. Tucked in beneath blankets, Galina was sleeping soundly, looking so peaceful and serene. "You're right. We should go. I want to speak to her as soon as she's landed on Tabaqui." The trip would take a day or two.

"I'll take care of her. You have my word, by the honour of my ancestors," Eileithya promised solemnly, then gave Siobhan a big hug and a kiss. Then she turned her attention to the former Inquisitor, likewise hugging and kissing her. "You're a good woman, Mirien. Take care of Sio." Normally this would have been the moment for her to troll, but even she wasn't in the mood.

Wiping away the tears dripping down her cheeks, Siobhan stepped out of the room. "Goodbye, Eileithya. Take care and don't convert all the natives." They had work to do. Blood would be spilt.

Mirien could just feel the pain, the desire to linger and not leave her little girl through their bond. That bond made it impossible to ignore anything Siobhan was feeling. "I'll make sure they know to make her call the second she's landed and is awake on Tabaqui."

And then Eileithya hugged her, Mirien tensed a little not used to people hugging her beyond Sio. And it might have made her a tiny bit uncomfortable. After a second she relaxed and hugged her in return. She gave a nod, hearing the Eldorai's words. The good woman part, she wasn't sure about. "Thanks Eileithya. I will, I promise. She couldn't be in better hands."

Mirien was quick behind Siobhan, to wrap her arm around her shoulders. "I'm right here, love. Anything you need, just say the word and I'll see it done." Anything to try and comfort her. And now she did her best to guide her to the shuttle so they could get back to the planet and finish what they started.

Clearly Mirien needed more friends! Whether she wanted them or not. Perhaps Eileithya should just visit her one da and see what happened. Things could not go too badly.

Regardless, sweet, kind Mirien guided her lover out and comforted her. We shall presume that Tarissa was tagging along as well. Presumably she'd been there, but this one felt awkward writing three chars in one post. Siobhan seemed to melt into the half-embrace when Mirien wrapped her arm around her.

"Prayers will be held in Galina's name in House Cadalthor," Tarissa spoke softly. "But she'll be fine. Her entire life has been nothing short of a miracle." Tarissa did not know the full story, but enogh to realise it must have been providential. Ashira had been protecting Galina.

"Thank you. Both of you." Siobhan hugged Mirien tightly, holding her close, before releasing her and walking up to the shuttle. The signal was given and it shot out of the corvette.

Wiping the tears from her face, Siobhan turned to face them both. "I want the traitorous vermin dead. I want heads to roll. Where is Alesia being held now?"

"In the palace dungeons. The Queen is waiting there," Tarissa responded. Personally she thought Anya was far too liberal.

"Then that's where we're headed. I'm not accepting any compromises. Not anymore. No liberall pandering. Mirien, we do have this list of known reactionaries and potential hostiles, don't we? I believe it's time we worked our way down and took them out." Her eyes, which a few moments ago had been dripping tears, now looked like those of a predator. She was like a starving lioness eager for a kill.

More friends was exactly what Mirien needed, like it or not. She definitely needed them. Mirien glanced to Tarissa. "Thanks Tarissa." The gesture Miri truly appreciated since she knew it would help Siobhan feel a bit better. She then hugged Sio tightly.

"Heads will roll, that is a given."

She sighed softly, glad to be on the shuttle back to the planet. For the most part just listening to the conversation between the two of them and taking it in. Then her name came up, "Yes, we do have a list." Reaching to her bag, she retrieved a datapad containing the list. "Right here." The datapad offered to Siobhan to have a look at. "Picking them off one by one is the best way." She said firmly. "Now, what about the Nobles on the list. There are several. I know the subject tends to be ... touchy among the Eldorai. How limited are we in how we manage them? I just want to be certain before we start work on them, and take action - actions that cannot be undone once they have happened."

[member="Mirien Valdier"], [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

The look Siobhan shot Tariss and Mirien was that of a predator eager for a kill. A lioness who'd been starved of meat for too long and could see her prey approaching. As if she imagined sinking her teeth into it and tearing its flesh apart. "Kill them all. Nobles, commoners," she said coldly, as if there was nothing else to be said.

"Siobhan, I want them all dead as much as you do, but consider the ramifications. Actions cannot be undone," Tarissa suddenly stepped. The look Siobhan shot her in response was enough to make her shiver.

"I'm not getting stopped by hand-wringing, legal concerns or sentient rights crap. Or the Queen, for that matter. I almost died. Softly, softly didn't work, so I'm cleaning house."

However, Tarissa stood her ground. "After traitors murdered Silaqui, I had their comrades hanged, drawn and quartered before the Angelii barracks. I'd enjoy doing the same again, but if we don't act carefully and it looks like a human takeover we'll have a rebellion on our hands," she glanced over to Mirien.

"I'll propose giving Mirien an official rank in the Truthseekers. It's high time we revived them anyway. Window-dressing, but appearances are important. And arrested nobles should receive a trial," she held up her hand before Sio could protest, seeing the Countess scoff. "A 'trial'. Not that nonsense with legal counsel, jury and so on humans tried to force on us. I will inherit my mother's title as duchess, so I have the seniority to be a judge in a trial of peers, and the conservative caucus in the Council trusts Cadalthor." Meanwhile, the shuttle had left the Skyport behind it. In a couple of minutes it pierced the atmosphere of Kaeshana and flew to the Queen's palace.

Aeda Shaytari

We all wear masks....
[member="Mirien Valdier"] [member="Tarissa Cadalthor"]

News moved with great swiftness on Kaeshana, and news about coups and infighting especially seemed to outpace reason with their communication.
As their ship came in to land, security and tension was at its height. Aeda Shaytari, Grand Seraph of the Eldorai, came out to greet them.

“My Ladies, we heard about what happened. The Angelii are at full alert. The Queen is waiting for you in the Stateroom. I am glad to see you are all alive,” she said, with a rare note of affection taking over her business voice.
The masked Eldorai turned and with their guard beside them led the way into the Stateroom, the principle meeting place for the Queen and her ministers.

Even Mirien wasn't immune to the look Sio shot Tarissa. That was a look she didn't want to be on the receiving end for."Sio, there's protocols for this. And we do need to stick by them. We can't overstep our bounds. I want them dead just as much believe me. But I'm not willing to bring more chaos to the planet in the process. Appearances must be maintained. Which I'm sure we can still clean house, and keep up appearances at the same time."

Mirien lifted a brow as Tarissa brought up the Truthseekers. "Truthseekers, something akin to an inquisition, I assume." She rather liked the idea of where this was going. A part of her did miss the days of her Inquisition.

Coming off the ship, Mirien offered Siobhan what support she needed, staying near her to ensure her safety. "Aeda, good to see you." She followed behind coming into the Stateroom. Bowing respectfully to Anya. The Queen she'd never met before. So, Mirien hung back a little to let Siobhan do the talking.

[member="Aeda Shaytari"] | [member="Tarissa Cadalthor"]

[member="Mirien Valdier"], [member="Aeda Shaytari"], whoever [member="Valiens Nantaris"] is using

Siobhan wanted blood right now, but nodded. Her two friends had a point. Besides, revenge was a dish best served cold. However, blood would be spilt, with or without the Queen's permission. "Yeah, the Eldorai's secret police. Created to ferret out enemies of the Queen, enforce conformity and Ashiran laws. Their powers were curtailed after Anya's mother died." Amusingly, back then Siobhan had supported that. How things change.

"Bloody monkeighs tried to get us to liberalise and all that un-Eldorai nonsense. Annoying humans always like to meddle and poke their nose where it doesn't belong," Tarissa grumbled, then made a quick, but honest amendment. "Present company of course excluded. You're among the very few I genuinely like."

"Just you wait, we'll be getting honorary Eldorai passports soon," Siobhan whispered to Mirien. A brief moment of levity in her violence-addled mind. However, then the shuttle landed and they were greeted by Aeda, the Grand Seraph herself. Siobhan smiled tiredly at her.

"It's good to see you, Aeda. I'm glad you and the Queen are alright." Pleasantries exchanged, they were led into the palace's stateroom. However, the walk was torturous for Siobhan. Given the fact that she'd only been shot yesterday, she was far from fully recovered and so pain was her constant companion. She needed to lean heavily on Mirien and at one point almost stumbled. Her weakness made anger risde inside her. The traitors and their friends would pay for this indignity.

Finally they had arrived, and Anya was waiting. "Anya, I'm so glad you and Ariane are ok," the heartfelt words quickly left Sio's lips when she stepped in. "I'd bow but...it's kind of hard to stand." Breathing heavily, she looked around for a seat and found one she could plant herself on.

"I imagine you heard what happened at the party. I was...fortunate to survive. If Mirien hadn't been there I'd be dead," she gave the former Inquisitor a fond look. "Tarissa and Talon Saedaris helped apprehend and bring down the traitors. It pains me that your aunt, Alesia, seems to have been the ringleader of what I can only assume was a far wider conspiracy of xenophobic reactionaries at the highest levels of power."

To recapitulate, a sniper shot Siobhan and almost killed her, then a traitorous abbess masquerading as a healer tried to kill her in her sick bed, before being terminated by Mirien. Alesia was arrested and Tar's mother the duchess was shot while resisting arrest. Oh, and Elayne's clothes got set on fire!

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
[member="Mirien Valdier"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Anya, seeing her friend’s discomfit, pulled over a chair from the table and helped her into it. She turned to the others present.
“Aeda, see we are not disturbed,” she ordered.

When the door was closed she laid a hand upon Siobhan’s shoulder.
“I was so glad to hear you survived. Mirien, I do not believe we have met, but I want to thank you for saving Siobhan. She is important to me. Tarissa, your assistance has also been invaluable. I was sorry to hear your mother was involved.”

She looked at the three of them. “My people never cease to disappoint me when it comes to futile feuding. This reactionary coup is xenophobic and backward. It is everything I have ever sought to remove from Kaeshana. However, that is by the by. Alesia is in custody, what of her son Haldir? If the boy is not complicit I would not see him harmed. I can arrange for a comfortable exile somewhere in the galaxy far from Kaeshana.”

Anya turned slightly to look out on the city. “I want this conspiracy broken, and our needs are dire. Siobhan, Tarissa, Mirien, find me those responsible. Do what you must to track down those responsible, but have a care that only those who are guilty suffer. When you have gathered all those responsible I will deal with them myself. I would see what proof you have against Alesia, and if it is sufficient she will pay the ultimate price.”

She turned back to them. “I am the Queen, and I have tried to be moderate, tried to show reason. However, I will do what is necessary to protect my people. You three know what is coming, and the folly of these ignorant fools would doom our entire race to destruction. I will not allow that. I will do what must be done…as I always have. Find me these traitors and bring them to me. I will see that justice is done fairly.”

It was good to be Star Queen; to be a despotic absolute monarch when needed, even if one would prefer enlightened despoitism.

"Ah, I see." Mirien said softly, the idea did excite her a little but she showed little more on the matter.

It finally crossed her mind what Tarissa had said, that she liked the two of them. Something she wasn't sure how she felt about it.

Mirien nodded, looking to Siobhan. The former Inquisitor, didn't feel she'd done anything special in saving Sio. She'd only done what had been natural to protect her family, and keep them alive. "You're welcome, your majesty. Though it was nothing, really. Just my duty, she's family to me." And it wasn't to anything special to her, it was just the normal and natural thing to do for the people she cared for.

"It is my understanding that Alesia confessed as she was being arrested, with Tarissa, Talon Saedaris and the rest of the party guests bearing witness to her words. There's also the matter of funding for the coup. Her accounts do show her funding a known reactionary group. The same for Lady Cadalthor." Mirien said firmly. "I will have those documents provided for you." Formality, she chose to stick to for now.

"We do already have a list I've been compiling since I learned of what disaster is coming, of reactionaries, possible hostiles, and such. We can work through that list, going from those most likely involved, and start tying together the web of people involved to bring them into custody for judgement."

[member="Anya Venari"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Mirien Valdier"], [member="Anya Venari"]

Tarissa bowed slightly towards the Queen, who was also her second cousin. The Venari dynasty had been a bit decimated over the last decade or two. "Alesia freely admitted her complicity upon being confronted, though I imagine she'll be less forthcoming about her confederates. She claimed it was revenge for Nalia. The Talon, along with the other guards and guests, can confirm this," she said, confirming Mirien's account.

"Presentation is essential to prevent the situation from spiralling out of control. I can be the public face of proceedings and 'present' the situation to the Council and the clergy. I suggest that Siobhan address the council herself, to dispel any rumours. Furthermore, I believe Mirien should be giving official rank in the Truthseekers to strengthen her mandate and pool our resources better."

Tarissa had quite deliberately said Mirien should get one rather than demanding such a position for herself. That way it could not be construed as a power grab, but at the same time the human would be integrated into an Eldorai organisation, even if in practice she operated independently due to royal authority. Though Mirien was human and probably didn't believe in Ashira, she was hardline enough for Tarissa to like her.

Siobhan had been quiet until now, sitting in the chair. Mirien would feel a telepathic brush against her mind as the Firemane matriarch reached out to her through their bond. Means the world to me to be family to you. She turned slightly to look out on the city. Today, the gleaming city of Santaissa was still beautiful. It was populated by a people she loved dearly despite their flaws. In a few months, nothing of it would remain. The fools who'd tried to kill her would hasten its downfall in the name of idiotic dogma.

Her features hardened. Then she slowly rose to her feet, though she looked unsteady on her legs and it was clearly a strain for her. But though so much weaker than before, her resolve was strong. Her eyes gleamed like those of a predator. "Agreed. I'll address the council. They'll fall in line. Alesia is in the dungeon, right? I want to question her personally myself. And I demand the highest measure of punishment for her."

Since the Eldorai had abolished a couple torture punishments and were a bit squeamish about spilling blue blood, that meant being suffocated in ash. "Let's get this show on the road. Start working our way down Mirien's list and collaring those on it."

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII

Anya nodded as they spoke. Alesia was hardly the sort to hold back her opinions, and the Queen could easily believe that she had admitted as much in hubris and rage.

“She will be punished, Siobhan.” Anya seemed conflicted for a moment, but finally nodded. “She must pay the ultimate price. You may interrogate her, but I urge you not to torture her. The punishment devised will be terrible enough. I would rather she be given a clean death, but the law is the law, and the other punishments for treason are far worse.”

She looked between them. “Do what you must, all of you. I trust you not to pull in innocents or make this worse than it is. Talk to Aeda, she will assist in the arrests. She knows Angelii who can be trusted to capture targets regardless of rank. When we have them all, they will be judged.”

“Address the Council, I will do so as well. I will not disguise the truth. These traitors must be stopped by any means necessary.”

The Queen went to Siobhan and laid a hand on her friend’s cheek. “But you must also rest sometime, Siobhan. You will only make that injury worse by hurrying. I still need you for the coming trials more than ever.”

A glance to Tarissa. “Though I hardly need confirm your birthright, consider yourself the Duchess now, Tarissa. I will ensure that all know of it.”

Mirien glanced to Siobhan with concern. She suspected keeping her from torturing Alesia would be quite the task. And one in which she wasn't too sure she actually wanted to prevent either. But appearances. They always made things so complicated.

Her eyes went to the queen, "You have my word, innocents will not be drawn into this. They tend to only further complicate matters. It's something I personally would like to avoid, if at all possible." Though she wasn't discounting the fact that there was a chance an innocent or two would get caught up in the process. "I'm sure we also could bring Talon Saedaris back to assist. She proved herself more than trustworthy during the attack and apprehension of those responsible last night."

The brunette glanced to Siobhan and reached out to touch her mind telepathically, 'She is right. You need rest. You were so close to death last night. Push too hard, too far and you could easily end up in the same position.'

[member="Anya Venari"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Anya Venari"], [member="Mirien Valdier"]

Dissuading Siobhan from torturing Alesia would be a bit difficult. Does hurting her mentally fall under torture? Siobhan telepathically communicated to her bond sister. It was ironic that she was a lot closer now to the hardline conservative Eldorai. How things changed.

Anyhow, Tarissa inclined her head slightly to Anya. "Thank you, Your Majesty. I vow to live up to the responsibility and restore honour to the Cadalthor name. It will be freed from the taint of my mother's betrayal," she said solemnly. Well, honour from a certain point of view.

Tarissa's situation was possibly even more ironic because many of the nobles on the purge list would've been her natural allies on first sight. After all, they were part of the same diehard caucus. However, many distrusted her to due to her...affinity for certain monkeighs.

Moreover, they were stupid. At least she thought so. Eldorai culture and traditions had to be protected against barbaric 'innovations', but the battle for the soul of the Eldorai people could not be fought with the same, old methods. Assassinations, launching insurrections and so on was outdated. The duchess glanced over to Siobhan, feeling just a bit concerned.

"I would not want to sit back and let others do the heavy lifting if I were in your shoes, either, Siobhan, but you do need to find rest. Otherwise you'll be doing more harm than good, especially to yourself," she spoke.

For her part, Siobhan was feeling just a bit annoyed about what she perceived as coddling. "I'm fine, you three don't have to coddle me," she exclaimed, though to her credit she looked contrite afterwards. "I appreciate the concern. I'll go rest after chatting with Alesia and addressing the council. Promise." Probably as good a compromise as any.

Aeda Shaytari

We all wear masks....

“That is all I ask, Siobhan,” Anya said with a smile. “Aeda will be waiting for you. I will brief her before you arrive.”

Stepping away with a communicator she got the Grand Seraph up to date.

Thus, when the trio arrived, Aeda was ready with a party of Angelii at her side.

“My ladies, the Queen has told me to be ready for your orders. I have a list of trusted Angelii and the Sacred Band ready to move.”

The traitors would pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom